Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--82--Why Weepest Thou?  (Read 14814 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--82--Why Weepest Thou?
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2019, 05:58:32 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon and Pastor Sean!  What a miracle! God created Adam. It was easy. But, to recreate sinners into saints, that is a different matter. He needs our cooperation. God does not do it all. His part is immeasurably large, our part immeasurably small. But, without our effort, we shall be forever lost. Our part is to learn of Him who gave all for us while we were yet sinners.

After 3 1/2 years with Jesus, you would think that the disciples would believe Jesus when He said He would die and come forth from the grave. They doubted Him to be the Son of God even after He came forth from the grave. How can this be? Are we this dull of mind also? After all, we have so much more light and yet look at the church and think about how long we have wandered in the wilderness. And in our own lives, what is this? Why are we not more faithful in our lives? Why do we forget so easily?

As they heard this appointment, so definitely given, the disciples began to think of Christ's words to them foretelling His resurrection. But even now they did not rejoice. They could not cast off their doubt and perplexity. Even when the women declared that they had seen the Lord, the disciples would not believe. They thought them under an illusion.
     Trouble seemed crowding upon trouble. On the sixth day of the week they had seen their Master die; on the first day of the next week they found themselves deprived of His body, and they were accused of having stolen it away for the sake of deceiving the people. They despaired of ever correcting the false impressions that were gaining ground against them. They feared the enmity of the priests and the wrath of the people. They longed for the presence of Jesus, who had helped them in every perplexity.   
     Often they repeated the words, "We trusted that it had been He which should have redeemed Israel." Lonely and sick at heart they remembered His words, "If they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?" Luke 24:21; 23:31. They met together in the upper chamber, and closed and fastened the doors, knowing that the fate of their beloved Teacher might at any time be theirs. 

As a people we believe we are rich and increased with goods, but are blinder than bats. This is changing though. God is pouring out clean water upon His church and will cleanse it from all our filthiness, and from all our idols (Eze. 36:25). What a God we serve!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2019, 03:24:33 PM »
"Trouble seemed crowding upon trouble. On the sixth day of the week they had seen their Master die; on the first day of the next week they found themselves deprived of His body, and they were accused of having stolen it away for the sake of deceiving the people. They despaired of ever correcting the false impressions that were gaining ground against them. They feared the enmity of the priests and the wrath of the people. They longed for the presence of Jesus, who had helped them in every perplexity."

How needlessly terrifying was their experience at this point in time IF ONLY they had listened carefully to His promise that in 3 days He would rise again!! But in a way though haven't we all passed through experiences when we felt totally forsaken by Jesus?? Do you remember how HARD is was to recall the many comforting promises found in His Word when the WIND & WAVES looked like your life and the future happiness or security of your family was over and that there was no FUTURE HAPPINESS AND SECURITY to be found anywhere?? I remember this happening to me when my first wife died at age 45 leaving me with a 9 & 11 year old girl to raise and it was not until I picked up the WORD again several months later and re-read texts like Isaiah 40:31 - Psalms 23 etc. that the"SON-SHINE" began to rejuvenate my soul and help me cast off a burden that Jesus didn't want me to carry. IF YOU ARE PASSING THROUGH A SEVERE TEST OF FAITH -- DON'T GIVE UP BUT RATHER BY FAITH GIVE IT ALL TO JESUS & HE WILL TURN YOUR DARKNESS INTO DAY.

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2019, 04:27:36 AM »
Oh that the bowed head might be lifted, that the eyes might be opened to behold Him, that the ears might listen to His voice! "Go quickly, and tell His disciples that He is risen." Bid them look not to Joseph's new tomb, that was closed with a great stone, and sealed with the Roman seal. Christ is not there. Look not to the empty sepulcher. Mourn not as those who are hopeless and helpless. Jesus lives, and because He lives, we shall live also. From grateful hearts, from lips touched with holy fire, let the glad song ring out, Christ is risen! He lives to make intercession for us. Grasp this hope, and it will hold the soul like a sure, tried anchor. Believe, and thou shalt see the glory of God.

Although this chapter shows that at times even professed Christians in their weakness allow unbelief to creep in; more importantly it reveals the love and Grace of our Lord Jesus. I am truly grateful today for the glorious hope that we have in Jesus. He is alive but there is more to come. He has promised to return for all who believe in Him. 
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2019, 06:56:27 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Thank you for your meaningful testimony of what Jesus has done for you!! Amen, Sister Dorine!! Jesus longs to dispel our unbelief by bringing us to a better hope--the truth and unchanging promises of His word and the reality of His resurrected life!!!

Christ is coming!! Christ is coming!! Well would it be that the same joy that thrilled the hearts of those who were present at the morning of the resurrection of Christ actuated our hearts as we proclaim that Christ is coming in power and great glory, with a glory far surpassing what was witnessed on that morning of His resurrection, for He will come with ALL the holy angels, and take ALL the righteous dead with Him while simultaneously transforming the living saints from mortal to immortal bodies!! We have a glorious message to proclaim, and as we behold Jesus' loveliness, we can be OVERJOYED for the privilege of knowing Him now and for ETERNITY!!!

"He is risen, He is risen! The women repeat the words again and again. No need now for the anointing spices. The Saviour is living, and not dead. They remember now that when speaking of His death He said that He would rise again. What a day is this to the world! Quickly the women departed from the sepulcher 'with fear and great joy; and did run to bring His disciples word.'"  {The Desire of Ages, page 789, paragraph 1}

May we go forth today with Jesus in our hearts and minds by the abiding presence of the Holy Spirit to spread hope and gladness to this dark and hurting world, that others may partake of the joy of His salvation and be ready to meet Him when He returns so soon to take us to our eternal home!!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2019, 08:11:56 PM »
Amen! What joy in knowing we will spend eternity with Jesus! How can we make sure we will? We are encouraged to understand what Jesus is doing in the Most Holy Place in heaven.

Christ's first work on earth after His resurrection was to convince His disciples of His undiminished love and tender regard for them.

Yes, He began a work of judgment in 1844, but He also is preparing a people to stand through a time of trouble such as never was. And how can He do this? He is attempting to convince His church that He loves us. When we see this great love, grace, our hearts will burn within us  and we shall love Him because He first loved us. It is by His stripes that we are healed.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2020, 07:16:20 PM »
"Mourn not as those who are hopeless and helpless. Jesus lives, and because He lives, we shall live also. From grateful hearts, from lips touched with holy fire, let the glad song ring out, Christ is risen! He lives to make intercession for us. Grasp this hope, and it will hold the soul like a sure, tried anchor. Believe, and thou shalt see the glory of God."

Isn't it interesting that Jesus appears first to Mary not to any of the disciples...Why was that? Could it be that this privilege was granted to her because her love for Jesus was so deep that she was not afraid of what the Jews or the Romans might do to her? It seems to me that her main concern was for Jesus while the disciples main concern seemed to be for their own safety. How many of us might be like the disciples? What a deep lesson is embedded in this story for each one of us.[/u][/b][/font][/color]

"Christ's first work on earth after His resurrection was to convince His disciples of His undiminished love and tender regard for them. To give them proof that He was their living Saviour, that He had broken the fetters of the tomb, and could no longer be held by the enemy death; to reveal that He had the same heart of love as when He was with them as their beloved Teacher, He appeared to them again and again. He would draw the bonds of love still closer around them. Go tell My brethren, He said, that they meet Me in Galilee."

In John 14:1-3 We read these precious reassuring words which have provided so much courage and comfort to His earthly family. "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."[/u][/font][/size][/color]

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2020, 02:58:12 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!! Happy Sabbath!!

Love wins and heals hearts in ways that nothing else can. After Jesus' death there was great disappointment and fear, but Jesus wanted His followers to understand the unchanging love He had for them. We have been great sinners and have made glaring mistakes; our lives may seem a tangle and we may wonder how we are ever going to make sense of all we are experiencing. But the answer is always the same: we need Jesus continually to do any good thing and we need to behold Him in His infinite loveliness so our hearts and minds may be transformed into His image, imbued with all of the fruits of the Spirit so that not one is missing! The resurrection of Jesus is the assurance that His life conquered sin and death, and that we may have love that is unparalleled flowing in our lives today by the baptism of the Holy Spirit through the experience of the faith of Jesus!

"Christ's first work on earth after His resurrection was to convince His disciples of His undiminished love and tender regard for them. To give them proof that He was their living Saviour, that He had broken the fetters of the tomb, and could no longer be held by the enemy death; to reveal that He had the same heart of love as when He was with them as their beloved Teacher, He appeared to them again and again. He would draw the bonds of love still closer around them. Go tell My brethren, He said, that they meet Me in Galilee." {The Desire of Ages, page 793, paragraph 4}

May we have an even deeper experience today of Jesus' love! I am so happy and thankful to be able to baptize a woman named Mary in one of the churches where I pastor this Sabbath! Her experience of entering into the death and resurrection life of Jesus by baptism is such a fitting way to experience more of Christ's love, for our appreciation of God's love deepens as we win more souls to Him!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2020, 06:26:05 AM »
Amen brother Beacon and Pastor Sean. God's love for us it's more than we know. Our problem as fallen humans, is our forgetfulness. And when we forget, we are open to sin. It is Grace that fortifies the mind and the heart. God does not give us Grace for tomorrow, but only for today. What a blessing to come each morning to the foot of the cross and remember what God has done for me. Lord, I believe take away my unbelief.

While the Saviour was in God's presence, receiving gifts for His church, the disciples thought upon His empty tomb, and mourned and wept. The day that was a day of rejoicing to all heaven was to the disciples a day of uncertainty, confusion, and perplexity. Their unbelief in the testimony of the women gives evidence of how low their faith had sunk. The news of Christ's resurrection was so different from what they had anticipated that they could not believe it. It was too good to be true, they thought. They had heard so much of the doctrines and the so-called scientific theories of the Sadducees that the impression made on their minds in regard to the resurrection was vague. They scarcely knew what the resurrection from the dead could mean. They were unable to take in the great subject.

What we believe does indeed make a difference in how we view truth and our relationship with Jesus. Let us feed upon Christ through His Word.

Beacon

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2020, 06:23:12 PM »
"After 3 1/2 years with Jesus, you would think that the disciples would believe Jesus when He said He would die and come forth from the grave. They doubted Him to be the Son of God even after He came forth from the grave. How can this be? Are we this dull of mind also? After all, we have so much more light and yet look at the church and think about how long we have wandered in the wilderness. And in our own lives, what is this? Why are we not more faithful in our lives? Why do we forget so easily?"

Perhaps we have been focusing on the wrong things. It seems that our human nature has a strong tendency to focus on the "problems" that surround us "instead of the Power" that is available to us in and by our Lord & Saviour.

I.E. When the disciples and Jesus were crossing the Sea of Galilee and a huge storm came upon them that they forgot that Jesus was in the boat with them and they focused on the storm. It was not until all their human strength was exhausted that theY turned to to Jesus and asked the dumbest question...." Lord do you not care that we perish! Jesus then arose and quietly said..." Shalom " and there was an instant calm. [/u
[/font][/size][/color]
This is a lesson that was recorded for us whereby we can learn that what ever trials and challenges we face, we need to remember what Jesus said in John 14:27

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

WE MUST FOCUS NOT ON THE "PROBLEM", BUT ON THE "ONE" WHO HAS THE "POWER" TO SAFELY BRING US HOME."
[/font][/size][/color]

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2020, 05:24:09 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Let us fix our eyes on the One who has power to save the uttermost, bring peace to the soul in every perplexity, and give strength to the weakest soul who surrenders fully to Him!!

We are more than conquerors through Christ who has loved us! What does that mean in our day-to-day, moment-by-moment experience? It means that the same power that raised Jesus from the dead has power to keep us from falling into sin! It means that the same good news that thrilled the hearts of the disciples when they realized Jesus was risen and not dead is the kind of good news we can give to the world because we know JESUS IS COMING AGAIN! When our focus is lifted above the things of this world onto Jesus, we have eternal joy and lasting pleasure! Let us be light bearers on the way to heaven because we know HE LIVES!!!

"Oh that the bowed head might be lifted, that the eyes might be opened to behold Him, that the ears might listen to His voice! 'Go quickly, and tell His disciples that He is risen.' Bid them look not to Joseph's new tomb, that was closed with a great stone, and sealed with the Roman seal. Christ is not there. Look not to the empty sepulcher. Mourn not as those who are hopeless and helpless. Jesus lives, and because He lives, we shall live also. From grateful hearts, from lips touched with holy fire, let the glad song ring out, Christ is risen! He lives to make intercession for us. Grasp this hope, and it will hold the soul like a sure, tried anchor. Believe, and thou shalt see the glory of God." {The Desire of Ages, page 794, paragraph 6}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2020, 06:22:08 AM »
Be of good courage! Though things will get worse in this world before Jesus, comes, HE IS COMING AGAIN!! "Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen" (Revelation 1:7). As surely as Jesus rose from the dead, He will come again in power and great glory the second time to take all who have been saved by His grace to be with Him for ALL ETERNITY!! As you look upon Jesus and realize His infinite love, remember how much He loves you and patiently bear each trial He allows for your good so that your character may be refined and elevated to reflect Him! As we yield the whole heart to Jesus, He cleanses and renews the mind and heart by His atoning blood, imbues us with all of the fruits of the Spirit so not one is missing, and gives us the miraculous experience of affectionate obedience to all His commandments!!

"Christ's first work on earth after His resurrection was to convince His disciples of His undiminished love and tender regard for them. To give them proof that He was their living Saviour, that He had broken the fetters of the tomb, and could no longer be held by the enemy death; to reveal that He had the same heart of love as when He was with them as their beloved Teacher, He appeared to them again and again. He would draw the bonds of love still closer around them. Go tell My brethren, He said, that they meet Me in Galilee." {The Desire of Ages, page 793, paragraph 4}

Let us meet Jesus when He comes AGAIN!! Look up and be of happy that He will fulfill His word!! "And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh" (Luke 21:28).

Beacon

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2020, 07:14:19 AM »
"Jesus refused to receive the homage of His people until He had the assurance that His sacrifice was accepted by the Father. He ascended to the heavenly courts, and from God Himself heard the assurance that His atonement for the sins of men had been ample, that through His blood all might gain eternal life. The Father ratified the covenant made with Christ, that He would receive repentant and obedient men, and would love them even as He loves His Son. Christ was to complete His work, and fulfill His pledge to "make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir." Isaiah 13:12. All power in heaven and on earth was given to the Prince of Life, and He returned to His followers in a world of sin, that He might impart to them of His power and glory."

My Brother's & Sister's....What a great price was paid by Jesus so that we being washed in the shed blood of our Savior and by Repentance and Obedience might be heirs with Him through out the endless ages of eternity. He says to us " I go to prepare a place for you that where I am ye may be also. " Just think -- there will be no more sin, sorrow, heartache & death in the Earth Made New!! We are also promised that Sin will  NEVER again rise up to despoil God's Universe. What a day that will be when our Jesus we will see and He takes us by the hand and leads us through the promised land--WHAT A DAY - GLORIOUS DAY -- THAT WILL BE!!

-----------

Dorine

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2020, 07:41:59 AM »
The truth of this chapter is speaking to us today as much as it was to those in Jesus' day. And we are just as blind and dull as they were. I love the closing paragraph for it opens my eyes wider to the enormous love and concern the Lord has for His people and that He never leaves us nor forsakes us. We ought to accept that by faith because He does not lie. When things go wrong in our lives do we say 'where is God'? I've heard those words from many a tongue and from those who claim to know Jesus so well. I've never uttered those words but every time we murmur or complain about an unpleasant situation which I've done many times, it's the same as saying, 'where is God'?

"Oh that the bowed head might be lifted, that the eyes might be opened to behold Him, that the ears might listen to His voice! "Go quickly, and tell His disciples that He is risen." Bid them look not to Joseph's new tomb, that was closed with a great stone, and sealed with the Roman seal. Christ is not there. Look not to the empty sepulcher. Mourn not as those who are hopeless and helpless. Jesus lives, and because He lives, we shall live also. From grateful hearts, from lips touched with holy fire, let the glad song ring out, Christ is risen! He lives to make intercession for us. Grasp this hope, and it will hold the soul like a sure, tried anchor. Believe, and thou shalt see the glory of God."
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2020, 11:18:15 PM »
Amen!!   Let's repeat that again. Oh that the bowed head might be lifted, that the eyes might be opened to behold Him, that the ears might listen to His voice! "Go quickly, and tell His disciples that He is risen." Bid them look not to Joseph's new tomb, that was closed with a great stone, and sealed with the Roman seal. Christ is not there. Look not to the empty sepulcher. Mourn not as those who are hopeless and helpless. Jesus lives, and because He lives, we shall live also. From grateful hearts, from lips touched with holy fire, let the glad song ring out, Christ is risen! He lives to make intercession for us. Grasp this hope, and it will hold the soul like a sure, tried anchor. Believe, and thou shalt see the glory of God.

Believe with the whole heart. Love the Lord thy God with all the heart, not part of it, and He will save us, eternally save us!!

Dorine

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2020, 04:51:54 AM »
   "Tell His disciples and Peter," the angels said. Since the death of Christ, Peter had been bowed down with remorse. His shameful denial of the Lord, and the Saviour's look of love and anguish, were ever before him. Of all the disciples he had suffered most bitterly. To him the assurance is given that his repentance is accepted and his sin forgiven. He is mentioned by name."

What comforting words for Peter to hear. When we have wounded the Saviour and are bowed down with guilt and shame may these words bless us also. Forgiveness always comes with repentance and Peter mourned bitterly because of his rejection of Christ when Jesus needed him. There are many lost souls that need to hear this message. Even within our church there are individuals who are not reading or studying and have confused ideas and errors that will give them a false concept of Christ. Let's speak of Jesus and His love to all who will listen.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2020, 05:38:43 AM »
Amen!! You have discovered the foundation of our faith and are now able to see the deceptions that have been brought into our church. And, they are even deeper than you have yet seen. The Laodicean message is applicable and it will bring about revival and reformation. Sadly, many will continue to reject the truth as it is in Jesus. The deceptions have been swallowed and it is so very hard to get around the weeds that have been growing in minds. But, the Holy Spirit can and is helping those who like Saul believe they are doing the Lord's work when in fact they are blind to see they are not, but truly want to serve God.

It is  lovely work to be able to reach out to those seeking truth. It requires much patience and wisdom from on high. But, we know that God's Word will not return void. We are doing the work of plowing the ground and  planting seed. I believe unlike my last 35 years, we shall see the results soon since we know Jesus is coming soon!

Often we shall be tempted to discouragement when we see no fruit from our labors, but we ought not. We know that we are doing the work that Jesus has asked of us. We have no reason to weep when the Holy Spirit is leading us and victory is sure. We are to learn the lesson we read this morning that we weep not. Jesus is not only working with us, but dwells in our hearts!

Mary had followed John and Peter to the tomb; when they returned to Jerusalem, she remained. As she looked into the empty tomb, grief filled her heart. Looking in, she saw the two angels, one at the head and the other at the foot where Jesus had lain. "Woman, why weepest thou?" they asked her. "Because they have taken away my Lord," she answered, "and I know not where they have laid Him."   
     Then she turned away, even from the angels, thinking that she must find someone who could tell her what had been done with the body of Jesus. Another voice addressed her, "Woman, why weepest thou?

She had been so deceived that she knew not Jesus had to die that she might be saved. She did not understand what Jesus had said, that He would come forth from the grave. So it is today in the church, the deceptions run so deep that many are discouraged as they see the condition of the world and the church. But, God has foretold our condition and also that there will be revival and reformation. And, how the Laodicean condition can be changed. Right there after the rebuke is the answer as to what we must do individually to be converted. It also reveals the truth about the power of the gospel message to give victory over the sin that dwells in our flesh. It is the love of God, His grace that transforms sinners into saints. We must feed upon Jesus, we must drink His blood and eat His flesh. How often? How often do we eat bread? Daily. Then daily we must feed our minds on the grace of God. He does not give grace for tomorrow. We must each day spend time with Jesus that we might know and trust Him with all we have and all we are. We cannot trust Him unless we know Him.

It would be well to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Jesus, especially the closing scenes where His grace is seen in great measure as Jesus hangs on the cross that our sins might be forgiven and our hearts cleansed. Why do so many neglect this? Because they believe they are just fine the way they are. They see not that unless a partaker of God's divine nature, they are evil by nature even if in the church and paying tithe. God wants the heart, the whole heart. And that can only be if we are daily giving it to Him. Paul said correctly "I die daily." So it will be with all who understand we need Jesus continually in order to retain our salvation. He that hath the Son hath life, He who hath not the Son hath not life.

How do we know if we have the Son? Do you love the Lord thy God with all thine heart? Or is there pride in your heart? Self must die daily. And that will only happen if your mind is kept focused on Jesus.  We must maintain our relationship with Him. That means trusting Him moment by moment with all we are and all we have. If we let our mind wander away, we have no protection against even the smallest temptation, and will sin. If this is not understood, then why spend time with Jesus, you do not see your need of Him continually. This is the great deception Satan has brought into God's church.

Jesus has warned us in the Laodicean message that the condition applies to the last of the seven churches in the Book of Revelation. And, He has told us how to be converted and that we would then sit with Him on His throne! Such a blessing!! Let us then do all we can to help those around us find Jesus and learn of His great love which is the "gold tried in the fire."

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2020, 06:13:38 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Richard!

We may trust that Christ has a work for us to do--to bring the light of the gospel to light so hearts can know how to be converted and find the strength to resist temptation by abiding in Jesus moment-by-moment!

The resurrection of Christ PROVES that God is stronger than the devil's power (sin and death) and that we may walk also today in the resurrection life of Jesus by abiding in Him! Jesus is coming AGAIN very soon and He is inviting us to persevere in humble, hopeful faith! When we live by faith on the Son of God, Jesus comes to dwell in the heart and cleanse us from all our sin so the Holy Spirit will manifest through us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Indeed it would be well to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ, especially the closing scenes, for in beholding Christ we may be changed. Then we will realize our continual need of Jesus to do any good thing and walk by faith in Him as He leads us step by step to fulfill our in Him!

Beacon

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2020, 09:11:20 AM »
Mourn not as those who are hopeless and helpless..

Jesus lives, and because He lives, we shall live also..

From grateful hearts, from lips touched with holy fire, let the glad song ring out, Christ is risen! He lives to make intercession for us..

Grasp this hope, and it will hold the soul like a sure, tried anchor. Believe, and thou shalt see the glory of God

Jesus said in Matthew 28:18,19 --"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost."

Let us go boldly, but with a humble spirit, and share the GOOD NEWS - Jesus loves you and invites you to be an active laboring laborer in His vineyard. What a Great Honor and Privilege!

Dorine

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2021, 05:59:21 AM »
  "Tell His disciples and Peter that He goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see Him." All the disciples had forsaken Jesus, and the call to meet Him again includes them all. He has not cast them off. When Mary Magdalene told them she had seen the Lord, she repeated the call to the meeting in Galilee. And a third time the message was sent to them. After He had ascended to the Father, Jesus appeared to the other women, saying, "All hail. And they came and held Him by the feet, and worshiped Him. Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell My brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see Me."
[/color][/size][/color][/size]Putting myself in Peter's place I am filled with relief and gratitude to a Saviour that loves that much. The freedom that comes from knowing our sins are forgiven is beyond words. But first must come a repentant heart which prepares the way for Christ to forgive and transform the life.[/color]

Philip T

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2021, 07:39:59 AM »
As they heard this appointment, so definitely given, the disciples began to think of Christ's words to them foretelling His resurrection. But even now they did not rejoice. They could not cast off their doubt and perplexity. Even when the women declared that they had seen the Lord, the disciples would not believe. They thought them under an illusion.

Here we see the danger of doubt in our Christian walk with Christ and its power, Even having heard the words of Mary who had a first hand encounter with Jesus, and shared the testimony with them, their doubt, blocked their minds and hear from believing that Christ had risen from the grave, so doubt can block out path of sanctification and our walk with Jesus. We need to spend time with Jesus every day in devotion and payer to strengthen our belief in Christ, that doubt does not become a roadblock between us and Jesus and our belief.