Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--82--Why Weepest Thou?  (Read 18881 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--82--Why Weepest Thou?
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2018, 07:29:49 AM »
Amen and amen!!  What a joyous chapter!!  Let  us compare two lives, those who are dying in Christ Jesus and those who are dying who have not given their hearts to Christ. Pastor Sean's mother when dying looked past her death to her coming forth from the grave to be with her son again. My brother who died from cancer had no such hope, for he  was an atheist. His thoughts as he lay dying for months were very sad.

It was exciting to read of the joy in Mary's  heart when she recognized Jesus. I am always thrilled as I imagine this joy. We too, by God's grace will experience this joy one day soon when we shall see Jesus face to face!! He is coming so very soon!

Mourn not as those who are hopeless and helpless. Jesus lives, and because He lives, we shall live also. From grateful hearts, from lips touched with holy fire, let the glad song ring out, Christ is risen! He lives to make intercession for us. Grasp this hope, and it will hold the soul like a sure, tried anchor. Believe, and thou shalt see the glory of God.

Let us rejoice in this hope on this beautiful Sabbath Day!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2018, 10:03:36 AM »
Dear Brother Richard, it is hard to read of your brothers last days. It's been a long difficult road for you but you faithfully attended to your brother's needs to the end. May God grant you the peace, comfort and healing you need at this time. Our prayers are with you and the family.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2018, 05:58:17 AM »
Jesus is a living Savior! He rose from the dead as a pledge of His power to raise our precious dead. When I was in New York on June 2, I shared testimony in three churches of how comforting the truth of the resurrection is to me since I have lost my dad when I was 12 and my mom at 15 after her struggle with cancer. But I praise God for how my mom anchored my faith in Christ and His word. She said something along the lines of, "Sean, if or when I die you are going to be sad. But do not sorrow like those who have no hope, because we are going to see each other again when Jesus comes!" I continue to find great consolation in the power of testimony to anchor our faith in Jesus who lives to make intercession for us. I love Jesus who first loved me. He has purchased my life with His own blood, and promises to make all things new. In reflecting on the resurrection of Christ this morning, is there not cause to rejoice? All heaven is interested in our welfare and eternal happiness (which begins now as we yield the full heart to Him). What joy we can share in contemplation of that resurrection morning--a pledge of the great resurrection of all who have fallen asleep in Christ who will be raised to immortal life!

"He is risen, He is risen! The women repeat the words again and again. No need now for the anointing spices. The Saviour is living, and not dead. They remember now that when speaking of His death He said that He would rise again. What a day is this to the world! Quickly the women departed from the sepulcher 'with fear and great joy; and did run to bring His disciples word.'" {The Desire of Ages, page 789, paragraph 1}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2018, 11:40:25 AM »
Amen!! We ought not pass over His coming forth from the grave. He was not dead, only sleeping. He is God. He did not give up His divinity to become human. He was both divine and human. A mystery we cannot understand, but it is true, Christ is divine and human.

I appreciated the light we have in this chapter regarding His sacrifice, was it sufficient to save all repentant sinners? More than enough. It was sufficient to save all of humanity if they would repent. Imagine that meeting of the godhead!! While Jesus had an intimate relationship with His Father while on Earth, it was by faith and prayer. But, when He ascended, then it was face to face!! What joy our Savior had when He returned to the godhead and heard His suffering was sufficient to same all of humanity!!!

Jesus refused to receive the homage of His people until He had the assurance that His sacrifice was accepted by the Father. He ascended to the heavenly courts, and from God Himself heard the assurance that His atonement for the sins of men had been ample, that through His blood all might gain eternal life. The Father ratified the covenant made with Christ, that He would receive repentant and obedient men, and would love them even as He loves His Son. Christ was to complete His work, and fulfill His pledge to "make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir." Isaiah 13:12. All power in heaven and on earth was given to the Prince of Life, and He returned to His followers in a world of sin, that He might impart to them of His power and glory. 

And, what is He doing now? Some would say He is judging those who have professed to serve Him. They would be right, but there is another important ministry of our living High Priest. He promised to "make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir." That means you and me. Are we cooperating with Him? He cannot do it by Himself. Character is the result of our choices and His power.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2018, 03:09:08 AM »
I choose to believe that God is so good that He only brings me through the trials that are best. The trial of the disciples' faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus was a needed one--for Christ had to die for our sins and rise from the dead to destroy the power of the devil. But Christ did not design that His disciples would disbelieve His testimony of His resurrection or forget His promise to meet them in Galilee. Jesus wants to be with us at every step, in every trial, and to give us the strength of His righteousness no matter how much suffering we get to go through for His dear sake. I choose to rejoice in the Lord and praise Him today, and I am so eternally grateful for the hope in Jesus of the resurrection!!

"And all the time they might have been rejoicing in the knowledge of a risen Saviour. In the garden, Mary had stood weeping, when Jesus was close beside her. Her eyes were so blinded by tears that she did not discern Him. And the hearts of the disciples were so full of grief that they did not believe the angels' message or the words of Christ Himself." {The Desire of Ages, page 794, paragraph 4} 
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2018, 05:01:54 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean.  I like your statement;"Jesus wants to be with us at every step, in every trial, and to give us the strength of His righteousness no matter how much suffering we get to go through for His dear sake."
May we be faithful each day in spending time with Jesus so that we will know His voice and follow Him where ever He may lead.

"It was Christ Himself who had placed those graveclothes with such care. When the mighty angel came down to the tomb, he was joined by another, who with his company had been keeping guard over the Lord's body. As the angel from heaven rolled away the stone, the other entered the tomb, and unbound the wrappings from the body of Jesus. But it was the Saviour's hand that folded each, and laid it in its place. In His sight who guides alike the star and the atom, there is nothing unimportant. Order and perfection are seen in all His work ."

It may seem strange to some that this portion of our reading brings such assurance and comfort to me this morning. It also raises the standard for me to be diligent and faithful in the little things He has placed in my path.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2018, 07:46:14 AM »
"Tell His disciples and Peter," the angels said. Since the death of Christ, Peter had been bowed down with remorse. His shameful denial of the Lord, and the Saviour's look of love and anguish, were ever before him. Of all the disciples he had suffered most bitterly. To him the assurance is given that his repentance is accepted and his sin forgiven. He is mentioned by name. 

What a merciful Savior we serve. To take time and give Peter a personal message of assurance of his forgiveness. Although the Savior isn't quite finished with Peter yet, nevertheless he is  personally invited by name with rest of the disciples to join them. It's a comfort to know how Christ loves and cares for us personally.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2018, 07:59:33 AM »
Amen, Jim!

As I reflect on the resurrection of Jesus, what is it that He so desires for us? He longs for us to experience more and more of His love--as it is His love towards us, His unmerited grace, that melts our hearts and draws us to Him so we can gladly surrender all to Him. As the life of Christ becomes our life by faith, we reveal His abiding presence in our souls--all of the fruits of the Spirit are seen, not one is missing, and we gladly share Jesus with those around us! Let us be living witnesses today is my prayer!

"Christ's first work on earth after His resurrection was to convince His disciples of His undiminished love and tender regard for them. To give them proof that He was their living Saviour, that He had broken the fetters of the tomb, and could no longer be held by the enemy death; to reveal that He had the same heart of love as when He was with them as their beloved Teacher, He appeared to them again and again. He would draw the bonds of love still closer around them. Go tell My brethren, He said, that they meet Me in Galilee. " {The Desire of Ages, page 793, paragraph 4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2018, 08:10:44 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean and Jim. What a loving God we serve!

I love to read of the joy that Mary experienced when she recognized Jesus. One day we too shall experience that joy when we, by God's grace, see our Lord face to face. I believe, take away all of my unbelief!

But now in His own familiar voice Jesus said to her, "Mary." Now she knew that it was not a stranger who was addressing her, and turning she saw before her the living Christ. In her joy she forgot that He had been crucified. Springing toward Him, as if to embrace His feet, she said, "Rabboni." But Christ raised His hand, saying, Detain Me not; "for I am not yet ascended to My Father: but go to My brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God." And Mary went her way to the disciples with the joyful message......

How many are still doing what these disciples did! How many echo Mary's despairing cry, "They have taken away the Lord, . . . and we know not where they have laid Him"! To how many might the Saviour's words be spoken, "Why weepest thou? whom seekest thou?" He is close beside them, but their tear-blinded eyes do not discern Him. He speaks to them, but they do not understand. 

Jesus has so much for us we do not understand.

Beacon

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2019, 08:08:50 PM »
Jesus had told the disciples and the women that He would rise again on the 3rd day...but in their grief and disbelief they "forgot" the words of Jesus.

"And all the time they might have been rejoicing in the knowledge of a risen Saviour. In the garden, Mary had stood weeping, when Jesus was close beside her. Her eyes were so blinded by tears that she did not discern Him. And the hearts of the disciples were so full of grief that they did not believe the angels' message or the words of Christ Himself. "

""How many are still doing what these disciples did! How many echo Mary's despairing cry, "They have taken away the Lord, . . . and we know not where they have laid Him"! To how many might the Saviour's words be spoken, "Why weepest thou? whom seekest thou?" He is close beside them, but their tear-blinded eyes do not discern Him. He speaks to them, but they do not understand.""

"Oh that the bowed head might be lifted, that the eyes might be opened to behold Him, that the ears might listen to His voice! "Go quickly, and tell His disciples that He is risen." Bid them look not to Joseph's new tomb, that was closed with a great stone, and sealed with the Roman seal. Christ is not there. Look not to the empty sepulcher. Mourn not as those who are hopeless and helpless. Jesus lives, and because He lives, we shall live also. From grateful hearts, from lips touched with holy fire, let the glad song ring out, Christ is risen! He lives to make intercession for us. Grasp this hope, and it will hold the soul like a sure, tried anchor. Believe, and thou shalt see the glory of God."

Isn't it interesting that Jesus appears first to Mary not to any of the disciples...Why was that? Could it be that this privilege was granted to her because her love for Jesus was so deep that she was not afraid of what the Jews or the Romans might do to her? It seems to me that her main concern was for Jesus while the disciples main concern seemed to be for their own safety. How many of us might be like the disciples? What a deep lesson is embedded in this story for each one of us.
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2019, 05:45:20 AM »
Amen, Beacon! Love for Jesus is the outflow of the love of Jesus in the heart, and Mary so deeply loved Jesus that she forgot about herself in an earnest desire to be with Him and, (because she initially thought He was still dead) she wanted to minister to His body. But Christ was alive, and He could not let Mary give Him homage and detain Him from first going into the presence of His Father to hear the assurance that His sacrifice was accepted! What a thought! The sins of the world that Jesus bore were so dark and deep, the suffering He passed through was so great, that Jesus LONGED to go be with His Father and know IN HIS PRESENCE that all that He did in offering up His life had been accepted. This is not that to say that Christ had a doubt, but can we even imagine the longing in His soul for that intimate oneness that They had throughout eternity, and would again be experienced as They would embrace after the physical separation of Christ's sojourn in this dark world in which Christ became sin for us? What an incredible time that must have been as "the counsel of peace shall be between Them both" (Zechariah 6:13)--not now in the planning of the sacrifice, but the glorious culmination of this part of the plan to redeem us! What infinite love!!

"Jesus refused to receive the homage of His people until He had the assurance that His sacrifice was accepted by the Father. He ascended to the heavenly courts, and from God Himself heard the assurance that His atonement for the sins of men had been ample, that through His blood all might gain eternal life. The Father ratified the covenant made with Christ, that He would receive repentant and obedient men, and would love them even as He loves His Son. Christ was to complete His work, and fulfill His pledge to 'make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.' Isaiah 13:12. All power in heaven and on earth was given to the Prince of Life, and He returned to His followers in a world of sin, that He might impart to them of His power and glory." {The Desire of Ages, page 790, paragraph 3}

Dorine

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2019, 06:53:58 AM »
   ..... "They met together in the upper chamber, and closed and fastened the doors, knowing that the fate of their beloved Teacher might at any time be theirs.      And all the time they might have been rejoicing in the knowledge of a risen Saviour. In the garden, Mary had stood weeping, when Jesus was close beside her. Her eyes were so blinded by tears that she did not discern Him. And the hearts of the disciples were so full of grief that they did not believe the angels' message or the words of Christ Himself.       How many are still doing what these disciples did! How many echo Mary's despairing cry, "They have taken away the Lord, . . . and we know not where they have laid Him"!

Does preconceived ideas along with unbelief and discouragement at times define our understanding of God? Mary didn't recognize Jesus because her tears of sorrow blurred her vision. The disciples were so entrenched with the teachings of the Sadducees that they could not comprehend that Jesus could live again. "To how many might the Saviour's words be spoken, "Why weepest thou? whom seekest thou?" He is close beside them, but their tear-blinded eyes do not discern Him. He speaks to them, but they do not understand."

I'm so thankful we serve a pitying Saviour that while we sometimes doubt and lose our faith He does not cast us off.

Marelis

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2019, 12:35:12 PM »
I'm appreciating being able to listen to the audios. Thank you!
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2019, 08:52:33 PM »
Feel free to copy and give to those who have never had the opportunity to know Jesus as we do dear Sister. I enjoy giving certain chapters to those who are ready to hear those particular truths. We do not need to tell those not of our faith who it is that wrote these truths....until they are ready to accept these truths as inspired. You can delete the chapter title and they will not know it is from a book. What a blessing when they get to the point they want the Book!  :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2019, 09:00:10 PM »

Isn't it interesting that Jesus appears first to Mary not to any of the disciples...Why was that? Could it be that this privilege was granted to her because her love for Jesus was so deep that she was not afraid of what the Jews or the Romans might do to her? It seems to me that her main concern was for Jesus while the disciples main concern seemed to be for their own safety. How many of us might be like the disciples? What a deep lesson is embedded in this story for each one of us.

Amen, Beacon.  Mary reveals her deep love for Jesus. They all had been deceived, even Mary who did not know Jesus had to die for their sins to be forgiven. Such a deception! I love the transformation revealed in the heart of Mary.

Through her tear-dimmed eyes, Mary saw the form of a man, and thinking that it was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if thou have borne Him hence, tell me where thou hast laid Him, and I will take Him away." If this rich man's tomb was thought too honorable a burial place for Jesus, she herself would provide a place for Him. There was a grave that Christ's own voice had made vacant, the grave where Lazarus had lain. Might she not there find a burial place for her Lord? She felt that to care for His precious crucified body would be a great consolation to her in her grief.
     But now in His own familiar voice Jesus said to her, "Mary." Now she knew that it was not a stranger who was addressing her, and turning she saw before her the living Christ. In her joy she forgot that He had been crucified. Springing toward Him, as if to embrace His feet, she said, "Rabboni." But Christ raised His hand, saying, Detain Me not; "for I am not yet ascended to My Father: but go to My brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God." And Mary went her way to the disciples with the joyful message.   

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2019, 06:47:59 AM »
Where do we find ourselves today? As we look at the way the disciples were mourning and grieving on the very day Jesus rose from the dead, where is our faith on this day when Jesus is ministering for us as our High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary, blotting out the record of the sins of those who have followed Him in full surrender and true repentance, and is pouring out His Spirit upon all who are willing to be made willing? Are we opening our hearts to receive more and more of what God has in store for us while rejoicing in the loveliness of Jesus? Christ calls us to look away from self to Him, and find His strength to made perfect in our weakness!! Let us learn from the way the disciples were acting on the resurrection day of Jesus and grasp by faith the unseen eternal realities that are all around us, the ministering angels who are helping us heavenward, and the SURE PROMISE of Jesus SOON RETURN!!

"While the Saviour was in God's presence, receiving gifts for His church, the disciples thought upon His empty tomb, and mourned and wept. The day that was a day of rejoicing to all heaven was to the disciples a day of uncertainty, confusion, and perplexity. Their unbelief in the testimony of the women gives evidence of how low their faith had sunk. The news of Christ's resurrection was so different from what they had anticipated that they could not believe it. It was too good to be true, they thought. They had heard so much of the doctrines and the so-called scientific theories of the Sadducees that the impression made on their minds in regard to the resurrection was vague. They scarcely knew what the resurrection from the dead could mean. They were unable to take in the great subject." {The Desire of Ages, page 790, paragraph 4}

Let us take in the great subject of what Christ has done for us. It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day contemplating the life of Christ and letting our imagination grasp each scene in vivid outline as we appreciate what Christ has done for us and His promises that are SURE TO BE FULFILLED! The greatest gift Christ gives us is an experience of true conversion by understanding the power of the gospel of His grace that changes sinners into saints who are imbued with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing and gladly obey all the light of truth that God sheds upon their path!! Let us walk in the light while we have the light for Jesus is COMING SOON!!!   

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2019, 09:53:28 AM »
Pastor Sean, is it possible that this great subject is just as much a deception today? Is it possible that many modern day Jews are so deceived they cannot comprehend what it means to have salvation?

They had heard so much of the doctrines and the so-called scientific theories of the Sadducees that the impression made on their minds in regard to the resurrection was vague.

So it is today. Many in important positions of leadership have been so influenced by doctrines that are contrary to the foundation of our faith that they in turn have confused the flock as to what is required to enter the kingdom of God. Like Nicodemus, they believe they are "rich and increased with goods," but know not what this means. They can read the third chapter of Revelation and not know it applies to the church today and it is a lost condition. Such a deception that leaves so very many believing that all is alright in their own lives, but know not they are miserable, wretched, poor, blind, and naked.

What is the result of preaching false gospels? Why does the Bible tell us "Cursed is the man that bring another gospel into the church?" Because it puts up barriers against the truth.

As they heard this appointment, so definitely given, the disciples began to think of Christ's words to them foretelling His resurrection. But even now they did not rejoice. They could not cast off their doubt and perplexity. Even when the women declared that they had seen the Lord, the disciples would not believe. They thought them under an illusion.
     Trouble seemed crowding upon trouble. On the sixth day of the week they had seen their Master die; on the first day of the next week they found themselves deprived of His body, and they were accused of having stolen it away for the sake of deceiving the people. They despaired of ever correcting the false impressions that were gaining ground against them. They feared the enmity of the priests and the wrath of the people. They longed for the presence of Jesus, who had helped them in every perplexity.   
     Often they repeated the words, "We trusted that it had been He which should have redeemed Israel." Lonely and sick at heart they remembered His words, "If they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?" Luke 24:21; 23:31. They met together in the upper chamber, and closed and fastened the doors, knowing that the fate of their beloved Teacher might at any time be theirs. 

Even when one discovers they are in a lost condition, they do not know how to keep the law of God. They can try and try and try. And, like Saul before his conversion, they cannot. They do not know they need to give the whole heart to Christ and how that can happen. Even though they have heard the Word of God say that by beholding His glory we are changed into the same image, they cannot grasp just what that means. When Jesus told Nicodemus "As Moses lifted up the serpent, so must the Son of Man be lifted up," they cannot understand that it is by beholding the grace of God revealed in Christ hanging on the cross that we are saved. It is by grace through faith that the sinner is transformed into a repentant sinner that is enabled to reveal all of the fruits of the Spirit, not one is missing. Why? Because the Holy Spirit will take possession of the heart and then He brings with Him the power to keep God's law from the heart. This is what it means to be a converted Christian.

May the scales fall from our eyes that we might see Jesus and our continual need of Him.

Beacon

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2019, 10:16:17 AM »
Jesus had told the disciples and the women that He would rise again on the 3rd day...but in their grief and disbelief they "forgot" the words of Jesus.

"And all the time they might have been rejoicing in the knowledge of a risen Saviour. In the garden, Mary had stood weeping, when Jesus was close beside her. Her eyes were so blinded by tears that she did not discern Him. And the hearts of the disciples were so full of grief that they did not believe the angels' message or the words of Christ Himself. "

"How many are still doing what these disciples did! How many echo Mary's despairing cry, "They have taken away the Lord, . . . and we know not where they have laid Him"! To how many might the Saviour's words be spoken, "Why weepest thou? whom seekest thou?" He is close beside them, but their tear-blinded eyes do not discern Him. He speaks to them, but they do not understand.""

"Oh that the bowed head might be lifted, that the eyes might be opened to behold Him, that the ears might listen to His voice! "Go quickly, and tell His disciples that He is risen." Bid them look not to Joseph's new tomb, that was closed with a great stone, and sealed with the Roman seal. Christ is not there. Look not to the empty sepulcher. Mourn not as those who are hopeless and helpless. Jesus lives, and because He lives, we shall live also. From grateful hearts, from lips touched with holy fire, let the glad song ring out, Christ is risen! He lives to make intercession for us. Grasp this hope, and it will hold the soul like a sure, tried anchor. Believe, and thou shalt see the glory of God."[/b]

Isn't it interesting that Jesus appears first to Mary not to any of the disciples...Why was that? Could it be that this privilege was granted to her because her love for Jesus was so deep that she was not afraid of what the Jews or the Romans might do to her? It seems to me that her main concern was for Jesus while the disciples main concern seemed to be for their own safety. How many of us might be like the disciples? What a deep lesson i

Beacon

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2019, 06:07:31 PM »
"Jesus refused to receive the homage of His people until He had the assurance that His sacrifice was accepted by the Father. He ascended to the heavenly courts, and from God Himself heard the assurance that His atonement for the sins of men had been ample, that through His blood all might gain eternal life. The Father ratified the covenant made with Christ, that He would receive repentant and obedient men, and would love them even as He loves His Son. Christ was to complete His work, and fulfill His pledge to "make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir." Isaiah 13:12. All power in heaven and on earth was given to the Prince of Life, and He returned to His followers in a world of sin, that He might impart to them of His power and glory."

My Brother's & Sister's....What a great price was paid by Jesus so that we being washed in the shed blood of our Savior and by Repentance and Obedience might be heirs with Him through out the endless ages of eternity. He says to us " I go to prepare a place for you that where I am ye may be also. " Just think -- there will be no more sin, sorrow, heartache & death in the Earth Made New!! We are also promised that Sin will  NEVER again rise up to despoil God's Universe. What a day that will be when our Jesus we will see and He takes us by the hand and leads us through the promised land--WHAT A DAY - GLORIOUS DAY -- THAT WILL BE!!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2019, 06:16:29 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! What a Savior we have in Jesus, who ascended to heaven for us to hear from His Father that His sacrifice was accepted! Then He returned to this world to comfort the disciples, and would then return to heaven as our High Priest to finish the work He had begun on earth, applying the benefits of His atoning sacrifice to the life case of all who would fully surrender to Him and continue in that state of full surrender!

"Jesus refused to receive the homage of His people until He had the assurance that His sacrifice was accepted by the Father. He ascended to the heavenly courts, and from God Himself heard the assurance that His atonement for the sins of men had been ample, that through His blood all might gain eternal life. The Father ratified the covenant made with Christ, that He would receive repentant and obedient men, and would love them even as He loves His Son. Christ was to complete His work, and fulfill His pledge to 'make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.' Isaiah 13:12. All power in heaven and on earth was given to the Prince of Life, and He returned to His followers in a world of sin, that He might impart to them of His power and glory." {The Desire of Ages, page 790, paragraph 3}

Christ has given us complete assurance that what He revealed in character is what He is able to make us in character! The fine gold of faith working by love that purifies the heart is Christ's joy to impart to all who accept His righteousness by faith, and cooperate with Him at every step towards the heavenly inheritance He has gone to prepare! What a joy we may shed abroad to all because we have such a Savior!!