Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--81--The Lord Is Risen  (Read 4303 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--81--The Lord Is Risen
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2018, 07:07:39 AM »
Amen, Richard! Jesus is coming so soon, it is time to prepare and seriously realize that translation is going to be the experience of those who pass through the time of trouble, and who realize that Jesus is far more valuable than money, influence, or any thing this earth has to offer apart from Him.

I was blessed this morning in my reflection on the resurrection of Christ with this thought:

"In order to silence the testimony they feared, the priests promised to secure the safety of the guard, saying that Pilate would not desire to have such a report circulated any more than they did. The Roman soldiers sold their integrity to the Jews for money. They came in before the priests burdened with a most startling message of truth; they went out with a burden of money, and on their tongues a lying report which had been framed for them by the priests."  {The Desire of Ages, page 782, paragraph 2}

When I learn a new truth, I want to go forth with the burden (blessing) of desiring to see other souls saved, not a burden of money like the soldiers who were bribed. Notice who bribed them--the priests. So now, we cannot trust religious teachers if their teaching contradicts Scripture. Look to Jesus and let Him guide you into all truth by His word! Let us accept Jesus at any cost, who went through Gethsemane, Calvary, and the narrow tomb at infinite cost so we can be with Him for eternity by yielding our whole heart to Him each moment!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2018, 02:31:53 AM »
Jesus is coming very soon! The resurrection will be so glorious, that any suffering we endure here will far fade in comparison to that glorious event! I fix my eyes upon Jesus and choose to appreciate more fully all He is to me and each of us who trust in Him. What does Jesus need before the resurrection of the righteous dead? He is also simultaneously preparing a seed who serve Him and who will not die, those whom He will translate to heaven without seeing death. For all who are saved, Christ has become their very life, their character is bound up in Him, whose beauty and glory shines forth--all of the fruits of the Spirit without one being missing--because through total reliance upon God they have learned to hate sin and love the God who is love! What a glorious hope and experience we get to have in Jesus!

"The voice that cried from the cross, 'It is finished,' was heard among the dead. It pierced the walls of sepulchers, and summoned the sleepers to arise. Thus will it be when the voice of Christ shall be heard from heaven. That voice will penetrate the graves and unbar the tombs, and the dead in Christ shall arise. At the Saviour's resurrection a few graves were opened, but at His second coming all the precious dead shall hear His voice, and shall come forth to glorious, immortal life. The same power that raised Christ from the dead will raise His church, and glorify it with Him, above all principalities, above all powers, above every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in the world to come." {The Desire of Ages, page 787, paragraph 2}  
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2018, 08:40:36 AM »
Amen, Pastor Sean!!   Nothing could keep Christ in that tomb! But, there were a multitude of evil angels that would have kept Him there if they could have. But, angels that excel in strength kept them away from the tomb.

Hosts of evil angels were gathered about the place. Had it been possible, the prince of darkness with his apostate army would have kept forever sealed the tomb that held the Son of God. But a heavenly host surrounded the sepulcher. Angels that excel in strength were guarding the tomb, and waiting to welcome the Prince of life.   

This truth encourages us that these same angels that excel in strength carry out God's will in lives also.

Some deny that God's power will  keep God's children safe when Satan attempts to wipe them out. There is a common false teaching that attempts to teach that man is saved in his sin when he dies before repenting. The  teaching goes like this.  A faithful Christian is driving and when a drink driver's car crosses the center line and is about to hit the Christian head on, the Christian who believes he is about to die curses. The teaching goes on to say that he is killed, and the question is then asked "will  he be in heaven or not?" Thus attempting to do away with the truth that one is not saved unless he be filled with the Holy Spirit at death.

What is the truth? It is not either heaven or hell. No, this was the work of Satan in leading the church away from the truth that there is a third option. God is all powerful and will intervene to  give the Christian an opportunity to repent. These same angels that excel in strength will if necessary prevent the accident from killing the Christian. Miracles happen  every day.  We all,  even in our own lives, know of such miracles. How many times have these powerful angels kept us alive we do not know. By God's grace, when in heaven we shall find out.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2018, 05:30:52 AM »
Do you hear the voice? Jesus says, "It is finished" (John 19:30) to your sins and bondage to unbelief. Whatever the sin, you have a Savior who has defeated your sin and death. Let us look and live--behold the victory! By beholding Christ we become changed, we have the joy of victory and obedience to the faith even now as we yield fully to Christ! By the Holy Spirit, we become new creatures who are filled with the Holy Spirit so that not one of the fruits of the Spirit is missing! This is the resurrection life of Christ--and we can walk in the joy of victory today! I hear the voice of Jesus--how about you?

"The voice that cried from the cross, "It is finished," was heard among the dead. It pierced the walls of sepulchers, and summoned the sleepers to arise. Thus will it be when the voice of Christ shall be heard from heaven. That voice will penetrate the graves and unbar the tombs, and the dead in Christ shall arise. At the Saviour's resurrection a few graves were opened, but at His second coming all the precious dead shall hear His voice, and shall come forth to glorious, immortal life. The same power that raised Christ from the dead will raise His church, and glorify it with Him, above all principalities, above all powers, above every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in the world to come." {The Desire of Ages, page 787, paragraph 2}

Dorine

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2018, 06:35:34 AM »
What a glorious scene your quote presents Pastor Sean. It places within my heart a burning desire to be part of those alive or called from their graves to see Jesus coming in all His glory and majesty. But that desire must present itself in total trust and obedience to Jesus so that the life He lives through me will forever vindicate His character.

But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2018, 09:13:27 AM »
Amen!!  The love of Jesus when allowed into the heart will be the guarantee that we shall awake when Jesus calls. We know His voice because we have been listening to it while here on Earth. Unlike the still small voice that speaks today, His call to us then will shake the whole Earth and the heavens.

An earthquake marked the hour when Christ laid down His life, and another earthquake witnessed the moment when He took it up in triumph. He who had vanquished death and the grave came forth from the tomb with the tread of a conqueror, amid the reeling of the earth, the flashing of lightning, and the roaring of thunder. When He shall come to the earth again, He will shake "not the earth only, but also heaven." "The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage." "The heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll;" "the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." But "the Lord will be the hope of His people, and the strength of the children of Israel." Hebrews 12:26; Isaiah 24:20; 34:4; 2 Peter 3:10; Joel 3:16.   

I always smile and think on the reaction of the soldiers who had mistreated Jesus while on the cross. They were part of those that surrounded the tomb. What a scene to witness the power of God and the resurrection of Christ!!  Unlike the Jews who had great light and professed to serve God, how what were the feelings of the soldiers once they realized what they had seen and gotten over their fear?

Christ came forth from the tomb glorified, and the Roman guard beheld Him. Their eyes were riveted upon the face of Him whom they had so recently mocked and derided. In this glorified Being they beheld the prisoner whom they had seen in the judgment hall, the one for whom they had plaited a crown of thorns. This was the One who had stood unresisting before Pilate and Herod, His form lacerated by the cruel scourge. This was He who had been nailed to the cross, at whom the priests and rulers, full of self-satisfaction, had wagged their heads, saying, "He saved others; Himself He cannot save." Matthew 27:42. This was He who had been laid in Joseph's new tomb. The decree of heaven had loosed the captive. Mountains piled upon mountains over His sepulcher could not have prevented Him from coming forth.
     At sight of the angels and the glorified Saviour the Roman guard had fainted and become as dead men. When the heavenly train was hidden from their view, they arose to their feet, and as quickly as their trembling limbs could carry them, made their way to the gate of the garden. Staggering like drunken men, they hurried on to the city, telling those whom they met the wonderful news.

Apparently, despite their heathen life, they thought the resurrection of Christ to be "wonderful!" What a truth!! That heathen soldiers correctly understood that Christ represented the character of God, and that it was good news even to them who had so mistreated Him. What a thought!!! There is hope for humanity!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2019, 05:09:18 AM »
Spending precious time at the feet of Jesus, the Resurrection and the Life, is so encouraging! Today He is the source of life and life more abundantly, a life that enables us through receiving His divine nature to live above the clamors of the fallen nature! The resurrection life of Christ is manifested in us as we receive His word of faith (He speaks life from the dead!), and all the fruits of the Spirit will be revealed in the life of the fully surrendered Christian living by faith on Christ because He, by His Spirit, lives out His life in us!

"To the believer, Christ is the resurrection and the life. In our Saviour the life that was lost through sin is restored; for He has life in Himself to quicken whom He will. He is invested with the right to give immortality. The life that He laid down in humanity, He takes up again, and gives to humanity. 'I am come, He said, 'that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.' 'Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.' 'Whoso eateth My flesh, and drinketh My blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.' John 10:10; 4:14; John 6:54." {The Desire of Ages, page 786, paragraph 4}

Let us walk in the victory Christ has given us on account of His resurrection from the dead! What a glorious promise that the life lost through sin is restored! Where sin does abound, grace does much more abound!! And what a marvelous revelation of grace that Christ will take sinners who deserve to die, transform their characters into His image, and raise them to inhabit heaven in the joy of selfless ministry for the ceaseless ages of eternity with a closeness of intimacy with Him that is even closer than angels can know!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2019, 07:30:20 AM »

Amen, Pastor Sean!   Every once in awhile I think it is a dream. There really is a God, and He died for us, and we shall live forever in a world where there is no sorrow, no tears, no pain, no death! It is not a dream. Christ really came, really lived, really suffered, really died, and now lives! All for us....and the universe! To those who are truly converted, to those who truly believe with the whole heart, death is not really death.

To the believer, death is but a small matter. Christ speaks of it as if it were of little moment. "If a man keep My saying, he shall never see death," "he shall never taste of death." To the Christian, death is but a sleep, a moment of silence and darkness. The life is hid with Christ in God, and "when Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory." John 8:51, 52; Colossians 3:4.

Dorine

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2019, 08:00:20 AM »
"The voice that cried from the cross, "It is finished," was heard among the dead. It pierced the walls of sepulchers, and summoned the sleepers to arise. Thus will it be when the voice of Christ shall be heard from heaven. That voice will penetrate the graves and unbar the tombs, and the dead in Christ shall arise. At the Saviour's resurrection a few graves were opened, but at His second coming all the precious dead shall hear His voice, and shall come forth to glorious, immortal life. The same power that raised Christ from the dead will raise His church, and glorify it with Him, above all principalities, above all powers, above every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in the world to come."   

My Saviour who His enemies tortured and nailed to the cross lives again in all His glory. And not only Him but many if not all of the martyrs that lived up to that time were raised also. What a thrilling scene to gaze upon. How many finally gave their hearts to Christ because of this miraculous event? I think of Pilate. Surely he heard of this and what about his wife who had been given that vivid dream. Did she become a believer?

Heaven is going to be full of incredible surprises. And it's not going to be long. I get excited as I anticipate eternity. In the meantime we have an important assignment to attend to. Each day we must be completely surrendered to Christ, as putty in His hands so that He may mold us and form us into His image. Christ has been falsely accused by Satan of the very things He himself is guilty of. There are many that are confused and lost. God has given us the privilege to go in search of these souls. Yes it is like looking for a needle in a haystack many times but that's really God's job. As we drop the seeds of truth He works on the hearts. Actually we have the easy part.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2019, 03:28:52 AM »
As we think of the glorious hope of the resurrection, and as we look at how Jesus rose in triumph over the grave, we can be the happiest people on earth because we know that death will be swallowed up in victory! What sin has caused us to lose will be restored! God is so gracious to us!! Christ is coming to raise the righteous dead, and those who are still alive at His coming will be translated as were Enoch and Elijah without seeing death!

"To the believer, Christ is the resurrection and the life. In our Saviour the life that was lost through sin is restored; for He has life in Himself to quicken whom He will. He is invested with the right to give immortality. The life that He laid down in humanity, He takes up again, and gives to humanity. 'I am come,' He said, 'that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.' 'Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.' 'Whoso eateth My flesh, and drinketh My blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.' John 10:10; 4:14; John 6:54." {The Desire of Ages, page 786, paragraph 4}   

But we need not wait until the coming of Jesus to have the life He offers us! As we learn of Him and behold His infinite loveliness of character, as we surrender our will to Him and let Him live in our hearts by faith, we become partakers of the divine nature (manifest in all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing), and we have the joy of getting to walk even as Jesus walked to bless others and glorify our heavenly Father!

Dorine

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2019, 09:05:11 AM »
   "An earthquake marked the hour when Christ laid down His life, and another earthquake witnessed the moment when He took it up in triumph. He who had vanquished death and the grave came forth from the tomb with the tread of a conqueror, amid the reeling of the earth, the flashing of lightning, and the roaring of thunder. When He shall come to the earth again, He will shake "not the earth only, but also heaven." "The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage." "The heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll;" "the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." But "the Lord will be the hope of His people, and the strength of the children of Israel." Hebrews 12:26; Isaiah 24:20; 34:4; 2 Peter 3:10; Joel 3:16."

The final shake up will be most dramatic. Jesus descending in all His power, majesty and glory to make an end to sin for evermore.  We are not there yet. There is still probationary time left for souls to accept the call of Jesus. The privilege and responsibility has been given to us but if we ourselves have not found Jesus how will we ever guide anyone else to Him. We may know the truth and be able to explain it in detail but if we do not have a love of the truth burning within our hearts our influence is dead.

Salvation must start in my own heart first. Then Jesus through the agency of the Holy Spirit is able to work through us to reveal to others the beauty of His character. I want to be that agent that is daily surrendered to Christ so that the influence seen in my life is not mine but His who is working in me. It's amazing to me how it works. The closer you come to Christ the more your own defects are revealed to yourself but to the on looker they see a change taking place where all the fruit of the Spirit is produced in the life. Now that is a miracle only God can perform.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2019, 09:15:20 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean and Sister Dorine. What a message God has given to us to take to a world soon to perish. He has given us "Living Water."  When we allow the Holy Spirit to take possession of the whole heart, He brings with Him the fruits of the Spirit, and not one is missing. This is indeed a reflection of the character of Christ. When do we reflect the fruits of the Spirit, after years of  being converted? No, at conversion, and as long as the heart is fully, wholly surrendered to Christ.

Why can we believe in Christ? Why can we surrender all we have and all we are to Christ? Because He is who said He was, God. His Word is true. We can trust Him completely. Those who reject the truth, those who reject Christ, will one day be as the soldiers who saw Him come  forth from the tomb.

Christ came forth from the tomb glorified, and the Roman guard beheld Him. Their eyes were riveted upon the face of Him whom they had so recently mocked and derided. In this glorified Being they beheld the prisoner whom they had seen in the judgment hall, the one for whom they had plaited a crown of thorns. This was the One who had stood unresisting before Pilate and Herod, His form lacerated by the cruel scourge. This was He who had been nailed to the cross, at whom the priests and rulers, full of self-satisfaction, had wagged their heads, saying, "He saved others; Himself He cannot save." Matthew 27:42. This was He who had been laid in Joseph's new tomb. The decree of heaven had loosed the captive. Mountains piled upon mountains over His sepulcher could not have prevented Him from coming forth.

Many today reject the truth that there is a God who inspired the Bible. They mock those who believe not in evolution, but in the Bible. No matter how powerful they are today in this world, one day soon they will better understand who they have been fighting against. No matter how hard they try to pile lie upon lie, they cannot bury the truth. They will one day bow before Christ and confess Him Lord of all.

Beacon

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2019, 09:07:49 PM »
" At the death of Jesus the soldiers had beheld the earth wrapped in darkness at midday; but at the resurrection they saw the brightness of the angels illuminate the night, and heard the inhabitants of heaven singing with great joy and triumph: Thou hast vanquished Satan and the powers of darkness; Thou hast swallowed up death in victory!...The decree of heaven had loosed the captive. Mountains piled upon mountains over His sepulcher could not have prevented Him from coming forth. "

The Victory of Jesus is our guarantee that if we remain faithful to Him, regardless of what man may do to us,  there will be no power on earth that can prevent us from hearing the voice of our Saviour calling us forth from the tomb regardless of where our enemies may have buried us. What greater guarantee could we ask for!! By the Grace of God and the Power of the Holy Spirit may we chose to follow the Lamb each and every day and be found worthy to spend eternity with Him.

"THANK YOU JESUS"

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2019, 07:10:23 AM »
"Over the rent sepulcher of Joseph, Christ had proclaimed in triumph, "I am the resurrection, and the life." These words could be spoken only by the Deity. All created beings live by the will and power of God. They are dependent recipients of the life of God. From the highest seraph to the humblest animate being, all are replenished from the Source of life. Only He who is one with God could say, I have power to lay down My life, and I have power to take it again. In His divinity, Christ possessed the power to break the bonds of death."

We serve a mighty God. A God that never changes, is faithful to His promises, sustains us moment by moment and is preparing a people to meet His soon coming. But it's plain through scripture that if we want to be part of this expectant company we must have our hearts completely surrendered and transformed to the will of God. We will not squeeze through because there's more good than evil in our lives. It is so sad to hear and read of those waiting for the coming of Jesus preaching that it is the trend of our lives that will determine our fitness for heaven. The trend of our lives determines our character. It does not give us a ticket to heaven.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2019, 01:04:12 PM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine! I  so appreciate how the resurrection of Jesus turns the darkness into light—the most trying experiences of life may be the most blessed by the resurrection power of Christ in us, the hope of glory!

“At the death of Jesus the soldiers had beheld the earth wrapped in darkness at midday; but at the resurrection they saw the brightness of the angels illuminate the night, and heard the inhabitants of heaven singing with great joy and triumph: Thou hast vanquished Satan and the powers of darkness; Thou hast swallowed up death in victory!” {The Desire of Ages page 780, paragraph 2}