Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--81--The Lord Is Risen  (Read 11817 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--81--The Lord Is Risen
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2021, 05:56:19 AM »
"When Jesus was laid in the grave, Satan triumphed. He dared to hope that the Saviour would not take up His life again. He claimed the Lord's body, and set his guard about the tomb, seeking to hold Christ a prisoner. He was bitterly angry when his angels fled at the approach of the heavenly messenger. When he saw Christ come forth in triumph, he knew that his kingdom would have an end, and that he must finally die."

We serve a living God who stooped to the lowest, not in sin but to pay the penalty for sin and bring salvation to all who accept Him. What a Saviour! Who would put their trust in any other god than the One who created all things and lives and reigns for ever? It's a mystery. I've been reading the compilation "Heaven". If you ever want to have a taste of heaven read that book. We need to bring more of heaven into our daily lives here on earth as we wait for our saviour to return. The world needs to see and hear from those who profess Jesus the peace and joy that heaven in the heart and life brings.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2021, 06:44:10 PM »
"Many had heard of the soldiers' testimony to Christ's resurrection, and certain of the dead who came forth with Christ appeared to many, and declared that He had risen. Reports were brought to the priests of persons who had seen these risen ones, and heard their testimony.."

"The priests and rulers were in continual dread, lest in walking the streets, or within the privacy of their own homes, they should come face to face with Christ. They felt that there was no safety for them. Bolts and bars were but poor protection against the Son of God. By day and by night that awful scene in the judgment hall, when they had cried, "His blood be on us, and on our children," was before them. Matthew 27:25."

"Nevermore would the memory of that scene fade from their minds. Nevermore would peaceful sleep come to their pillows."

You can choose to run away from God - You can choose to reject His love and offer of Salvation, BUT you will never find PEACE and Joy in this brief life on earth and you will by your own choice be choosing eternal death when Jesus comes to claim His faithful followers.

I'm praying that you join with me me now and chose Jesus so that we will all be prepared to spend an eternity of peace, joy and love with Him through out the ceaseless ages of eternity.
Look up and listen for the shout.

Beacon

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2021, 06:23:49 AM »
" The voice that cried from the cross, "It is finished," was heard among the dead. It pierced the walls of sepulchers, and summoned the sleepers to arise. Thus will it be when the voice of Christ shall be heard from heaven.

"That voice will penetrate the graves and unbar the tombs, and the dead in Christ shall arise. "

"At the Saviour's resurrection a few graves were opened, but at His second coming all the precious dead shall hear His voice, and shall come forth to glorious, immortal life. The same power that raised Christ from the dead will raise His church, and glorify it with Him, above all principalities, above all powers, above every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in the world to come. Let us draw nearer to Jesus every day and be prepared for that great event."

"The Bible says in Daniel 12:1 what will happen just before the 2nd coming of Jesus."

"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book."

We need to remember that when Jesus cried "IT IS FINISHED" that regardless of what may be happening around us.... If we stand Firm & Faithful to Jesus we will share ETERNAL LIFE with Him and partake in His victory obtained at the Cross and demonstrated by His  Resurrection.

Philip T

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2021, 06:31:53 AM »
  These went into the city, and appeared unto many, declaring, Christ has risen from the dead, and we be risen with Him. Thus was immortalized the sacred truth of the resurrection. The risen saints bore witness to the truth of the words, "Thy dead men shall live, together with My dead body shall they arise." Their resurrection was an illustration of the fulfillment of the prophecy, "Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead." Isaiah 26:19.

We see prophecy fulfilled here, this should build our faith in the resurrection at the 2nd Advent, we should know if we are faithful and obedient to Jesus we will also be raised up in the great day of his 2nd coming.   

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2021, 12:33:17 PM »
Praise the Lord, Brother Beacon and Brother Philip!

It's over for him, and it has been over for a long time. The devil knows he must die. That's why he is seeking to take as many down with him as possible as revenge against God, even though God has been so good to him and all of us and does not change. God's love will be demonstrated to all the universe in how He has dealt with the crisis of the mystery of rebellion that began with Lucifer in heaven, and it culminates in having a restored race and a safe universe without sin or sinners. Let us choose Jesus continually and submit our will to Him so He can work in us to will and to do of His good pleasure! Jesus' resurrection is proof that God is more powerful than Satan, sin, or any power against us! Rejoice in the Lord always!!

"When Jesus was laid in the grave, Satan triumphed. He dared to hope that the Saviour would not take up His life again. He claimed the Lord's body, and set his guard about the tomb, seeking to hold Christ a prisoner. He was bitterly angry when his angels fled at the approach of the heavenly messenger. When he saw Christ come forth in triumph, he knew that his kingdom would have an end, and that he must finally die." {The Desire of Ages, page 782, paragraph 4}   
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2021, 10:43:48 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean!  It is interesting to know that Satan understands he is going to die.

"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book."

Amen Brother Beacon. It would be well for us to know when Jesus will stand up. What happened "at that time"?

"We see prophecy fulfilled here, this should build our faith in the resurrection at the 2nd Advent, we should know if we are faithful and obedient to Jesus we will also be raised up in the great day of his 2nd coming."

Amen Brother Philip! These are important prophesies.

To the believer, Christ is the resurrection and the life. In our Saviour the life that was lost through sin is restored; for He has life in Himself to quicken whom He will. He is invested with the right to give immortality. The life that He laid down in humanity, He takes up again, and gives to humanity. "I am come," He said, "that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." "Whoso eateth My flesh, and drinketh My blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 10:10; 4:14; John 6:54. 

Jesus is God and He raised Himself, not His Father. And, how is it that we shall obtain everlasting life? We must eat His flesh and drink His blood. By feeding  upon Jesus we shall become partakers of His divine nature and reflect His character. Such a promise!!

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2021, 04:52:05 AM »
"The voice that cried from the cross, "It is finished," was heard among the dead. It pierced the walls of sepulchers, and summoned the sleepers to arise. Thus will it be when the voice of Christ shall be heard from heaven. That voice will penetrate the graves and unbar the tombs, and the dead in Christ shall arise. At the Saviour's resurrection a few graves were opened, but at His second coming all the precious dead shall hear His voice, and shall come forth to glorious, immortal life. The same power that raised Christ from the dead will raise His church, and glorify it with Him, above all principalities, above all powers, above every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in the world to come." 

May we be part of those proclaiming the gospel of Christ and helping to swell the ranks of those that will be part of the group spoken of. Each day will find us spending that precious time with Jesus that will keep us grounded and firm in the truth of Jesus. It will reveal to all the character of Jesus.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2021, 06:24:35 AM »
"Reports were brought to the priests of persons who had seen these risen ones, and heard their testimony. The priests and rulers were in continual dread, lest in walking the streets, or within the privacy of their own homes, they should come face to face with Christ..

..They felt that there was no safety for them. Bolts and bars were but poor protection against the Son of God. By day and by night that awful scene in the judgment hall, when they had cried,

"His blood be on us, and on our children," was before them. Matthew 27:25.

"Nevermore would the memory of that scene fade from their minds. Nevermore would peaceful sleep come to their pillows.

"The Victory of Jesus is our guarantee that if we remain faithful to Him, regardless of what man may do to us,  there will be no power on earth that can prevent us from hearing the voice of our Saviour calling us forth from the tomb regardless of where our enemies may have buried us."

What greater guarantee could we ask for!! By the Grace of God and the Power of the Holy Spirit may we chose to follow the Lamb each and every day and be found worthy to spend eternity with Him

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2021, 06:55:11 PM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon!!

Happy Sabbath!! Jesus is coming soon, and whether we are alive for the event as those who will be translated or we are raised from the grave by the power of Jesus' life, we need not fear death if we have Jesus in our hearts! That is what the gospel delivers us from--the fear of death that Satan has brought to our world. "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage" (Hebrews 2:14-15). We can rejoice over the power of the grave because we have chosen to look to Jesus, yield our will to Him, and let Him give us a new heart and a new mind imbued with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Then our characters can bear witness to the glory of God in that we are enabled by His grace to gladly obey God's law up to every known statute that He has revealed because we know it is best and trust Him to lead our lives!

"To the believer, death is but a small matter. Christ speaks of it as if it were of little moment. 'If a man keep My saying, he shall never see death,' 'he shall never taste of death.' To the Christian, death is but a sleep, a moment of silence and darkness. The life is hid with Christ in God, and 'when Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.' John 8:51, 52; Colossians 3:4." {The Desire of Ages, page 787, paragraph 1}

We need to let the world know that the things of earth are passing away (maybe that is becoming more obvious to many in these perilous times). We are called to point souls to the only anchor that will hold us, and that is Jesus, the Word. "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away" (Matthew 24:35). He has a present truth message for us to live and share (Revelation 14:1-12) and He yearns over every soul in this poor, dark speck of a world that all would come to repentance and know the truth that sets the soul free from sin, fear, shame and guilt to live a life that is more abundant than we can ask or think!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2021, 09:39:39 PM »
Amen!!  Imagine having to live in this world for 900 years as did Adam. Death is but a small matter to those who love God supremely. There were some who died for the cause and they were brought forth from the grave when Jesus came forth.

As Christ arose, He brought from the grave a multitude of captives. The earthquake at His death had rent open their graves, and when He arose, they came forth with Him. They were those who had been co-laborers with God, and who at the cost of their lives had borne testimony to the truth. Now they were to be witnesses for Him who had raised them from the dead. 

The Book of Revelation speaks of them....
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2021, 08:07:29 PM »
"In our Saviour the life that was lost through sin is restored; for He has life in Himself to quicken whom He will.

"He is invested with the right to give immortality."

"The life that He laid down in humanity, He takes up again, and gives to humanity."

"I am come," He said, "that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." "Whoso eateth My flesh, and drinketh My blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 10:10; 4:14; John 6:54.

"At the Saviour's resurrection a few graves were opened, but at His second coming all the precious dead shall hear His voice, and shall come forth to glorious, immortal life."

"The same power that raised Christ from the dead will raise His church, and glorify it with Him, above all principalities, above all powers, above every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in the world to come."

There is no one on earth that can give us a Glorious promise of Eternal Life but Jesus, and it comes with a Solid Grantee proven by His own Resurrection. Let us watch and be ready! What a glorious day that will be when our Jesus we will see and He takes up by the and leads us to the promised land.

Redeemed—how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed through His infinite mercy,
His child, and forever, I am.
    Redeemed, redeemed,
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed, redeemed,
  His child, and forever, I am.
Redeemed and so happy in Jesus,
No language my rapture can tell;
I know that the light of His presence
With me doth continually dwell.
I think of my blessed Redeemer,
I think of Him all the day long;
I sing, for I cannot be silent;
His love is the theme of my song.
I know I shall see in His beauty
The King in whose way I delight;
Who lovingly guardeth my footsteps,
And giveth me songs in the night.

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:William James Kirkpatrick (1838
-

Dorine

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2021, 07:07:45 AM »
"To the believer, death is but a small matter. Christ speaks of it as if it were of little moment. "If a man keep My saying, he shall never see death," "he shall never taste of death." To the Christian, death is but a sleep, a moment of silence and darkness. The life is hid with Christ in God, and "when Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory." John 8:51, 52; Colossians 3:4.

As we abide in Christ we may be at complete peace no matter what is happening around us or to us. There is no fear of death for we see beyond the grave to the triumphant coming of our Savior to gather His children home.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2021, 11:16:11 AM »
Amen! When abiding in Christ we have peace that passeth all understanding. But, what those who have not repented of their sins? Carrying guilt, they have no peace. The greater the sins, the greater the fear. Why? While salvation is not based on the amount of good works, but an entire surrender of the heart. Not so with sin. When we sin, we do not have salvation, and to not have peace. But, what of those who are very evil? Do they suffer more than most? We have a window into their lack of peace in our reading today.

Meanwhile the report of Christ's resurrection had been carried to Pilate. Though Pilate was responsible for having given Christ up to die, he had been comparatively unconcerned. While he had condemned the Saviour unwillingly, and with a feeling of pity, he had felt no real compunction until now. In terror he now shut himself within his house, determined to see no one. But the priests made their way into his presence, told the story which they had invented, and urged him to overlook the sentinels' neglect of duty. Before consenting to this, he himself privately questioned the guard. They, fearing for their own safety, dared not conceal anything, and Pilate drew from them an account of all that had taken place. He did not prosecute the matter further, but from that time there was no peace for him.....

The priests, in putting Christ to death, had made themselves the tools of Satan. Now they were entirely in his power. They were entangled in a snare from which they saw no escape but in continuing their warfare against Christ. When they heard the report of His resurrection, they feared the wrath of the people. They felt that their own lives were in danger. The only hope for them was to prove Christ an impostor by denying that He had risen. They bribed the soldiers, and secured Pilate's silence. They spread their lying reports far and near. But there were witnesses whom they could not silence. Many had heard of the soldiers' testimony to Christ's resurrection. And certain of the dead who came forth with Christ appeared to many, and declared that He had risen. Reports were brought to the priests of persons who had seen these risen ones, and heard their testimony. The priests and rulers were in continual dread, lest in walking the streets, or within the privacy of their own homes, they should come face to face with Christ. They felt that there was no safety for them. Bolts and bars were but poor protection against the Son of God. By day and by night that awful scene in the judgment hall, when they had cried, "His blood be on us, and on our children," was before them. Matthew 27:25. Nevermore would the memory of that scene fade from their minds. Nevermore would peaceful sleep come to their pillows.

When such do these things, their lives become so miserable that many choose to end their lives as did Judas and Pilot.

What a blessing for us who understand when we surrender our will to God, we no longer have  fear of what is coming. We know that whatever God allows to come will work for our good and His glory as we abide in Him. We also want to give glory to God, do we not? Thus, we appreciate that the most weighty trust and the highest honor God can bestow upon us is that we pick up our cross and partake in the sufferings of our Savior who we love supremely.