Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--80--In Joseph's Tomb  (Read 16237 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--80--In Joseph's Tomb
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2019, 10:48:54 PM »
There is no greater sin than unbelief.  They thought they could keep Jesus in the tomb? How silly after all they knew and had seen. We poor fallen humans have a hard time believing. For instance:

A restored creation, a redeemed race, that having conquered sin could never fall,--this, the result to flow from Christ's completed work, God and angels saw.

The angels rejoiced, but do we? Do we really believe that we can come to the point we shall never sin again? Can we conquer sin in fallen flesh?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2020, 02:22:59 AM »
We are living in the closing moments of earth's history. Many minds are busy with so many things. Soon it will be said, "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still" (Revelation 22:11). The character we have chosen in this life is what will determine our destiny. We need a Savior in Jesus, and we better appreciate His love by beholding Him, for by beholding we become changed. As the heart yields completely to the divine influence of the Holy Spirit, conversion takes place and the heart and mind are renewed with all of the fruits of the Spirit. Not one is missing. I pray that our minds may be busy with thoughts of Jesus, so He may prepare us for His VERY SOON return!

"Many minds were busy with thoughts started by the scenes of Calvary. From the crucifixion to the resurrection many sleepless eyes were constantly searching the prophecies, some to learn the full meaning of the feast they were then celebrating, some to find evidence that Jesus was not what He claimed to be; and others with sorrowful hearts were searching for proofs that He was the true Messiah. Though searching with different objects in view, all were convicted of the same truth,--that prophecy had been fulfilled in the events of the past few days, and that the Crucified One was the world's Redeemer. Many who at that time united in the service never again took part in the paschal rites. Many even of the priests were convicted of the true character of Jesus. Their searching of the prophecies had not been in vain, and after His resurrection they acknowledged Him as the Son of God." {The Desire of Ages, page 775, paragraph 1}

As we search the Bible and see Jesus' love for us, His great sacrifice, our hearts and minds may become so deeply imbued with His Spirit, so full of His love and faith, that our trials seem as nothingness in comparison to the blessedness of fellowship with Christ in His sufferings and the joy of sharing Him with others, so many more may have hearts and minds filled with an experiential union and communion with God in Christ by the Holy Spirit!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2020, 07:58:06 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. To know God is to love Him. And when we understand what was accomplished at the cross and the purpose for our suffering, we appreciate and love Him even more. In the opening of today's reading we find why it is that Jesus came to this dark spot of the universe to suffer and die and why it is that bad things happen to "good" people.

In the beginning the Father and the Son had rested upon the Sabbath after Their work of creation. When "the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them" (Genesis 2:1), the Creator and all heavenly beings rejoiced in contemplation of the glorious scene. "The morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy." Job 38:7. Now Jesus rested from the work of redemption; and though there was grief among those who loved Him on earth, yet there was joy in heaven. Glorious to the eyes of heavenly beings was the promise of the future. A restored creation, a redeemed race, that having conquered sin could never fall,--this, the result to flow from Christ's completed work, God and angels saw. With this scene the day upon which Jesus rested is forever linked. For "His work is perfect;" and "whatsoever God doeth, it shall be forever." Deuteronomy 32:4; Ecclesiastes 3:14. When there shall be a "restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began" (Acts 3:21), the creation Sabbath, the day on which Jesus lay at rest in Joseph's tomb, will still be a day of rest and rejoicing. Heaven and earth will unite in praise, as "from one Sabbath to another" (Isaiah 66:23) the nations of the saved shall bow in joyful worship to God and the Lamb.   

Not only did angels understand, but we too may understand and rejoice when our loved ones die in Christ.

Glorious to the eyes of heavenly beings was the promise of the future. A restored creation, a redeemed race, that having conquered sin could never fall,--this, the result to flow from Christ's completed work, God and angels saw.

"Having conquered sin." Some will interpret this falsely, but we may understand just what it says. And having this witness that those who live in sinful flesh will learn to accept the love and power of grace and will conquer sin, is a powerful witness to the unfallen worlds that they too will never see sin again in the entire universe. Yes, we are the lesson book for the universe. What a God we serve! He will restore the universe and a secure foundation and there will never be another rebel such as Lucifer, yet all will retain a free will to choose!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2020, 03:33:35 PM »
"When there shall be a "restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began" (Acts 3:21), the creation Sabbath, the day on which Jesus lay at rest in Joseph's tomb, will still be a day of rest and rejoicing. Heaven and earth will unite in praise, as "from one Sabbath to another" (Isaiah 66:23) the nations of the saved shall bow in joyful worship to God and the Lamb."

I want to be part of that group that will bow in joyful worship to God and the Lamb, don't you? If you have not committed your life to Jesus - I urge you not to delay. Just bow your head and say this simple, but sincere prayer, "Jesus, I want to be your child, please forgive me for my sinful past" and then claim the promise as found in...

Psalm 51... "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."

Then by a daily renewal and surrender in prayer and continued study of His word you will be empowered to walk the Christian walk and be filled with all the promised gifts of the Holy Spirit which will enable to you to live for Jesus and proclaim His Amazing Grace to others!
Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2020, 05:25:43 AM »
"The mourning cries of the suffering ones brought home to thousands of minds the conviction that a great light had gone out of the world. Without Christ, the earth was blackness and darkness. Many whose voices had swelled the cry of "Crucify Him, crucify Him," now realized the calamity that had fallen upon them, and would as eagerly have cried, Give us Jesus! had He still been alive."
Without Jesus there is no hope, no peace. For those who knew Jesus and loved Him although in great sorrow and despair still remembered with vividness all that Jesus had said and done. This strengthened them and also convinced many who had never followed Him before that He was who He said He was. As the Holy Spirit is being withdrawn from the earth during the closing scenes we are witnessing increasing blackness and darkness. Another day is soon coming when many will become followers of Jesus because of our witness for truth.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2020, 10:14:05 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

A strong, unshakable faith arose in the experience of Nicodemus after beholding the crucifixion of Christ. So it may be with us. As we behold what Jesus Christ has accomplished for us at Calvary, His loveliness can so move our hearts to a complete surrender that we will experience true conversion, and the fruit of that will be all of the fruits of the Spirit in our lives without one missing, gladly doing what God's providence designs for us to do for the glory of God!!

"Nicodemus, when he saw Jesus lifted up on the cross, remembered His words spoken by night in the Mount of Olives: 'As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.' John 3:14, 15. On that Sabbath, when Christ lay in the grave, Nicodemus had opportunity for reflection. A clearer light now illuminated his mind, and the words which Jesus had spoken to him were no longer mysterious. He felt that he had lost much by not connecting himself with the Saviour during His life. Now he recalled the events of Calvary. The prayer of Christ for His murderers and His answer to the petition of the dying thief spoke to the heart of the learned councilor. Again he looked upon the Saviour in His agony; again he heard that last cry, 'It is finished,' spoken like the words of a conqueror. Again he beheld the reeling earth, the darkened heavens, the rent veil, the shivered rocks, and his faith was forever established. The very event that destroyed the hopes of the disciples convinced Joseph and Nicodemus of the divinity of Jesus. Their fears were overcome by the courage of a firm and unwavering faith." {The Desire of Ages, page 775, paragraph 2}   

May we come through the season when the coronavirus has affected our world with a stronger faith as we use this time for deeper study of the character of God in His word, in His providential leadings, in communion with Him in, prayer, in meditation upon God's love, and enjoying the blessings He has for us in nature. Greater trials can yield greater blessings if we learn and profit from the experience.
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2020, 06:02:43 AM »
"The very efforts made to prevent Christ's resurrection are the most convincing arguments in its proof. The greater the number of soldiers placed around the tomb, the stronger would be the testimony that He had risen. Hundreds of years before the death of Christ, the Holy Spirit had declared through the psalmist, "Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against His anointed. . . . He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision." Psalm 2:1-4. Roman guards and Roman arms were powerless to confine the Lord of life within the tomb. The hour of His release was near."

When our lives are totally surrendered to Jesus, how wonderfully restful and peaceful it is to know that regardless of what is happening to us or around by evil forces we should not be fearful. I'm reminded of Peter who was sound asleep in the prison and guarded by 16 Roman Soldiers but... by God's power he walked out a free man! The Roman soldiers at Christ's tomb were powerless to hold Jesus from escaping.

Romans 8:31 says...What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?  

But we must also remember that being fully surrendered to God does not mean that we won't face hard times. As one person put it..." God does not guarantee a smooth flight through our earthly journey but... if we maintain a faithful relationship with Him ...He does guarantee a safe landing of the Heavenly Shore."

God's Promise as recorded in Isaiah 26:3, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2020, 06:06:04 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!! I completely agree that we can trust God for a safe landing in eternity, though we can know that this earthly life may have many trials--amid which we may always have perfect peace from Jesus when the heart is fully surrendered to Him!!

Is your faith wavering? Are you struggling to really believe? Look to Calvary, and as it happened in Nicodemus' life when He saw Jesus dying for Him on Calvary's cross, faith was made sure for He knew that all Jesus said was true, and the faith that works by love moved Nicodemus to be willing to be "all in" for Jesus. As Jesus is about to come in power and great glory, let us not only look to Calvary, but by faith see Him finishing His ministry as our High Priest in the sanctuary in heaven from whence He is so soon to come and take all who have overcome in Him home to heaven!

"Nicodemus, when he saw Jesus lifted up on the cross, remembered His words spoken by night in the Mount of Olives: 'As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.' John 3:14, 15. On that Sabbath, when Christ lay in the grave, Nicodemus had opportunity for reflection. A clearer light now illuminated his mind, and the words which Jesus had spoken to him were no longer mysterious. He felt that he had lost much by not connecting himself with the Saviour during His life. Now he recalled the events of Calvary. The prayer of Christ for His murderers and His answer to the petition of the dying thief spoke to the heart of the learned councilor. Again he looked upon the Saviour in His agony; again he heard that last cry, 'It is finished,' spoken like the words of a conqueror. Again he beheld the reeling earth, the darkened heavens, the rent veil, the shivered rocks, and his faith was forever established. The very event that destroyed the hopes of the disciples convinced Joseph and Nicodemus of the divinity of Jesus. Their fears were overcome by the courage of a firm and unwavering faith." {The Desire of Ages, page 775, paragraph 2}

Unwavering faith is the faith of Jesus. Christ offers that to you and me today as we yield the whole heart to Him and let Christ abide in us. All of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in our lives without one missing when Christ is abiding in us by a living faith surrender to Him! Then the obedience that Christ is calling us to experience becomes a delight! May this be our experience this day and continually!

Dorine

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2020, 08:33:54 AM »
...."They longed to shut out these thoughts, but they could not. Like their father, the devil, they believed and trembled.      Now that the frenzy of excitement was past, the image of Christ would intrude upon their minds. They beheld Him as He stood serene and uncomplaining before His enemies, suffering without a murmur their taunts and abuse. All the events of His trial and crucifixion came back to them with an overpowering conviction that He was the Son of God. They felt that He might at any time stand before them, the accused to become the accuser, the condemned to condemn, the slain to demand justice in the death of His murderers."

But still they would not confess or repent. Satan had full control of their thoughts and plans. What a lesson for us. We may confess that Jesus is the Son of God but unless our hearts are open to Him in full surrender we will be in the enemies camp....believing but eventually trembling in fear and hate.  May the life we live today and everyday be an example of the life He lived while on earth. It matters not whether some will be repulsed by it. Christ will use it to draw those to Him that are searching for truth.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2020, 09:35:52 PM »
Why does God leave converted Christians on this Earth after conversion? He wants witnesses of His character. Why?

Now that the frenzy of excitement was past, the image of Christ would intrude upon their minds. They beheld Him as He stood serene and uncomplaining before His enemies, suffering without a murmur their taunts and abuse. All the events of His trial and crucifixion came back to them with an overpowering conviction that He was the Son of God. They felt that He might at any time stand before them, the accused to become the accuser, the condemned to condemn, the slain to demand justice in the death of His murderers.

The world saw Jesus' character. Perfect peace in the middle of the storm. So it will be with all who love Jesus with the whole heart.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2020, 06:29:39 PM »
Happy Sabbath!!

Don't despise the day of small things. Nicodemus did not immediately surrender to the truth about how to be converted the night that Jesus presented it to his mind, but Christ knew the soil of the heart into which the seed was placed. There are SO SO MANY who, like Nicodemus, when the see Jesus for who He truly is and realize the depth of His grace to transform them from being a sinner into a saint renewed in the image of God, they will also have a supernatural all-in experience of total surrender to the one who died to save to the uttermost all who come unto God by Him!

What a blessing it is that we may look to Jesus and live, and by living on Him as the Son of God, overcome every defect in our characters because Christ has the power to make us new creatures! The gospel of His grace is so powerful that we are invited to LOOK AND LIVE and then all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing as we affectionately obey the law of God from the heart renewed by the atoning blood of Christ!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2020, 08:50:43 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean!!  Nicodemus did not understand the object lesson Jesus had given him in the garden, but like many of the priests who had not accepted Christ as Savior, they and he became His disciples after the cross. What power grace has to transform sinners into saints!! Let us daily look upon Christ lifted up for our sin that we might die to self daily.

While some whose hearts had not been so hardened that they would reject such powerful truth were converted, those whose feet had been set in concrete feared that Jesus would come forth from the grave. Such is the guilty conscience that knows the truth, but walks in darkness. There is no peace for the liar. But, there is great peace in the truth.

The revenge which the priests had thought would be so sweet was already bitterness to them. They knew that they were meeting the severe censure of the people; they knew that the very ones whom they had influenced against Jesus were now horrified by their own shameful work. These priests had tried to believe Jesus a deceiver; but it was in vain. Some of them had stood by the grave of Lazarus, and had seen the dead brought back to life. They trembled for fear that Christ would Himself rise from the dead, and again appear before them. They had heard Him declare that He had power to lay down His life and to take it again. They remembered that He had said, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." John 2:19. Judas had told them the words spoken by Jesus to the disciples while on the last journey to Jerusalem: "Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn Him to death, and shall deliver Him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify Him: and the third day He shall rise again." Matthew 20:18, 19. When they heard these words, they had mocked and ridiculed. But now they remembered that Christ's predictions had so far been fulfilled. He had said that He would rise again the third day, and who could say that this also would not come to pass? They longed to shut out these thoughts, but they could not. Like their father, the devil, they believed and trembled. 

Today is the day of salvation, let us accept the truth into our hearts and be a friend of Jesus!

Beacon

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2020, 11:39:16 AM »
"Now Jesus rested from the work of redemption...

A restored creation, a redeemed race, that having conquered sin could never fall,--this, the result to flow from Christ's completed work, God and angels saw..

"With this scene the day upon which Jesus rested is forever linked. For "His work is perfect;" and "whatsoever God doeth, it shall be forever." Deuteronomy 32:4; Ecclesiastes 3:14. When there shall be a "restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began" (Acts 3:21), the creation Sabbath, the day on which Jesus lay at rest in Joseph's tomb, will still be a day of rest and rejoicing. Heaven and earth will unite in praise, as "from one Sabbath to another" (Isaiah 66:23) the nations of the saved shall bow in joyful worship to God and the Lamb."

There should be NO DOUBT in our minds as to which day is the Sabbath!! Jesus died on Friday. - Rested in the tomb on the SABBATH, the 7th Day, and came forth a victorious conqueror on Sunday morning, the 1st day of the week. DO NOT be fooled when men will change the calendar to make it appear that Sunday if the 7th Day of the week.. HAPPY SABBATH

Beacon

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2021, 08:01:50 PM »
"The divine patience of the Saviour, and His sudden death, with the cry of victory upon His lips, had impressed this heathen. In the bruised, broken body hanging upon the cross, the centurion recognized the form of the Son of God.

..He could not  refrain from confessing his faith...

Thus again evidence was given that our Redeemer was to see of the travail of His soul. Upon the very day of His death, three men, differing widely from one another, had declared their faith,--he who commanded the Roman guard, he who bore the cross of the Saviour, and he who died upon the cross at His side. "

May our own lives be a living testimony that will cause others to see Jesus as their Divine Saviour and become strong living witness' for Him. 

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2021, 03:26:54 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Why did Jesus die?

"But it was not the spear thrust, it was not the pain of the cross, that caused the death of Jesus. That cry, uttered "with a loud voice" (Matthew 27:50; Luke 23:46), at the moment of death, the stream of blood and water that flowed from His side, declared that He died of a broken heart. His heart was broken by mental anguish. He was slain by the sin of the world." {The Desire of Ages, page 772, paragraph 2}

Our sin--all of our sin--was the cause of Jesus' death. As we realize the depths to which He would go to save us, let us not become weary in well doing, knowing that in due season we shall reap if we faint not. Christ persevered to Calvary, and now He invites us to persevere in the last days that culminate in the experience of translation! Jesus is preparing witness like Enoch and Elijah who will not die! Jesus is coming and He will have living witnesses upon the earth! "When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, page 676, paragraph 4} This is the very essence of what conversion does in taking away our sin and brining us into harmony with God. Let us appreciate the cost of our salvation and go forth to seek and save the lost as Jesus did!

Philip T

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2021, 05:58:56 AM »
   Many minds were busy with thoughts started by the scenes of Calvary. From the crucifixion to the resurrection many sleepless eyes were constantly searching the prophecies, some to learn the full meaning of the feast they were then celebrating, some to find evidence that Jesus was not what He claimed to be; and others with sorrowful hearts were searching for proofs that He was the true Messiah. Though searching with different objects in view, all were convicted of the same truth,--that prophecy had been fulfilled in the events of the past few days, and that the Crucified One was the world's Redeemer. Many who at that time united in the service never again took part in the paschal rites. Many even of the priests were convicted of the true character of Jesus. Their searching of the prophecies had not been in vain, and after His resurrection they acknowledged Him as the Son of God.   

In his death on the cross the Jewish leaders sought to be rid themselves of Jesus, the result of the crucifixion was that many witnessed it and the events around it and went to scripture to search out the truth, and became convicted of Jesus true character and that his death fulfilled scripture that he was the Messiah and  believed and acknowledged him as the Son of God. So we should be studying the scripture and as Brother  Bacon and Pastor Sean point out sharing this truth with those around us.

Dorine

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2021, 06:33:45 AM »
"As evening drew on, an unearthly stillness hung over Calvary. The crowd dispersed, and many returned to Jerusalem greatly changed in spirit from what they had been in the morning. Many had flocked to the crucifixion from curiosity, and not from hatred toward Christ. Still they believed the accusations of the priests, and looked upon Christ as a malefactor. Under an unnatural excitement they had united with the mob in railing against Him. But when the earth was wrapped in blackness, and they stood accused by their own consciences, they felt guilty of a great wrong. No jest or mocking laughter was heard in the midst of that fearful gloom; and when it was lifted, they made their way to their homes in solemn silence. They were convinced that the charges of the priests were false, that Jesus was no pretender; and a few weeks later, when Peter preached upon the day of Pentecost, they were among the thousands who became converts to Christ."

As I read this, two thoughts came to mind.

1. As the people witnessed Jesus on the cross there were many whose hearts were drawn to Him and their lives were transformed. Bringing that thought to our day the same experience will be seen in the lives of those who gaze on the revelation of Jesus at Calvary. Realizing who Jesus is and what He has done will cause many hearts to melt and be changed. This is the great need of God's church today.

2. The other thought I had was when we experience this change individually and as a church the world will be attracted to the love that is revealed in the lives of God's people. There will be a sweet spirit shown through trial and tribulation with every fruit of the Spirit lived in each life. Then the Holy Spirit will be able to gather all God's people in and finish the work.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2021, 07:58:14 AM »
Amen dear Sister Dorine!  It it the revelation of God's grace that transforms sinners into saints. As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so was the Son of Man lifted up that the world might look and live! Jesus was made sin for us, in our place and the reality of this will turn hearts to God. What a message we have to take to a world soon to perish.

As hard as they tried, the rulers could only confirm that Christ rose after the third day. If God be for us, who can be against us!!!

So weak men counseled and planned. Little did these murderers realize the uselessness of their efforts. But by their action God was glorified. The very efforts made to prevent Christ's resurrection are the most convincing arguments in its proof. The greater the number of soldiers placed around the tomb, the stronger would be the testimony that He had risen. Hundreds of years before the death of Christ, the Holy Spirit had declared through the psalmist, "Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against His anointed. . . . He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision." Psalm 2:1-4. Roman guards and Roman arms were powerless to confine the Lord of life within the tomb. The hour of His release was near. 

Beacon

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2021, 08:02:14 PM »
"The very efforts made to prevent Christ's resurrection are the most convincing arguments in its proof. The greater the number of soldiers placed around the tomb, the stronger would be the testimony that He had risen. Hundreds of years before the death of Christ, the Holy Spirit had declared through the psalmist,

"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against His anointed. . . . He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision." Psalm 2:1-4.

Roman guards and Roman arms were powerless to confine the Lord of life within the tomb. The hour of His release was near."

'When our lives are totally surrendered to Jesus, how wonderfully restful and peaceful it is to know that regardless of what is happening to us or around by evil forces we should not be fearful. I'm reminded of Peter who was sound asleep in the prison and guarded by 16 Roman Soldiers but... by God's power he walked out a free man!

The Roman soldiers at Christ's tomb were powerless to hold Jesus from escaping.

Romans 8:31 says...What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 

But we must also remember that being fully surrendered to God does not mean that we won't face hard times. As one person put it..." God does not guarantee a smooth flight through our earthly journey but... if we maintain a faithful relationship with Him ...He does guarantee a safe landing of the Heavenly Shore."

God's Promise for You "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isa. 26:3

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2021, 04:45:27 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

When the evidence is so striking in what Christ has done for us, and the Holy Spirit has done His work upon the heart, the next step is the only appropriate thing to do--surrender the WHOLE heart to Jesus! This was the experience of Nicodemus as the seeds planted in his heart a few years before now bore fruit in true conversion because Jesus had been lifted up at Calvary, and he knew this was the Messiah WITHOUT A DOUBT! We have so much Bible evidence of Jesus being the Messiah--and He is even now ministering for us in the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary based on the evidence of Scripture and prophecy! Will we also yield FULLY to the present truth and share the three angels' messages of Revelation 14:6-12 as this is the appropriate gospel call in our time? As we do, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be seen in our lives because we have allowed Jesus to cleanse us from all iniquity and to bring our lives into affectionate obedience to His will revealed in the Ten Commandments, the law of liberty!

Let us go forth in courage like Nicodemus and Joseph with the present truth for our time, and be bold in the love of Christ to point as many souls as possible to Christ who is about to finish His ministry as our High Priest in the sanctuary in heaven and return as King to take His sealed people home to heaven to reign with Him for the glory and honor of His name!