Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--81--The Lord Is Risen  (Read 15364 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--81--The Lord Is Risen
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2022, 03:54:27 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

Happy Sabbath!!

Are you afraid of dying? You need not be if you are a converted Christian, abiding in Him with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing and gladly obeying the law of God from the heart up to the light He has revealed! Death is but a sleep for those who are trusting in Christ!

"To the believer, Christ is the resurrection and the life. In our Saviour the life that was lost through sin is restored; for He has life in Himself to quicken whom He will. He is invested with the right to give immortality. The life that He laid down in humanity, He takes up again, and gives to humanity. 'I am come,' He said, 'that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.' 'Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.' 'Whoso eateth My flesh, and drinketh My blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.' John 10:10; 4:14; John 6:54." {The Desire of Ages, page 786, paragraph 4}

If we are living at the second coming of Jesus, we also get new, glorified bodies and will be given immortality, to rise with Jesus to heaven and dwell in His presence forever!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2022, 04:06:10 AM »
  "To the believer, Christ is the resurrection and the life. In our Saviour the life that was lost through sin is restored; for He has life in Himself to quicken whom He will. He is invested with the right to give immortality. The life that He laid down in humanity, He takes up again, and gives to humanity. "I am come," He said, "that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." "Whoso eateth My flesh, and drinketh My blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 10:10; 4:14; John 6:54.   

Happy Sabbath my dear TRO family. May Jesus be our all in all today and everyday. The choice is ours to accept His offer of freedom from sin and an eternal home with Him or to reject the most precious plan of salvation so that our sinful desires might be momentarily satisfied. I take the stand on the side of Jesus today. That's where my happiness is.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2022, 07:19:13 AM »
There are some amazing truths presented in today's reading, but it is not surprising that we all have chosen to present the subject of eternal life.

To the believer, death is but a small matter. Christ speaks of it as if it were of little moment. "If a man keep My saying, he shall never see death," "he shall never taste of death." To the Christian, death is but a sleep, a moment of silence and darkness. The life is hid with Christ in God, and "when Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory." John 8:51, 52; Colossians 3:4.

Do you consider death to be a "small matter"?   It is to all who love the Lord our God with all of the heart.  Then we can give glory to God in our death, if it is something God wants. We know many will die before Jesus will come. It is but a little matter whether we live or die (sleep), if we truly believe it is but a short sleep.

Have a blessed Sabbath dear friends.  Look up, for our redemption draweth nigh.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Philip T

« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2022, 07:21:55 AM »
    Over the rent sepulcher of Joseph, Christ had proclaimed in triumph, "I am the resurrection, and the life." These words could be spoken only by the Deity. All created beings live by the will and power of God. They are dependent recipients of the life of God. From the highest seraph to the humblest animate being, all are replenished from the Source of life. Only He who is one with God could say, I have power to lay down My life, and I have power to take it again. In His divinity, Christ possessed the power to break the bonds of death.

Sing in joy, have a happy heart, it is through Jesus that we have eternal life, Jesus loved us so much that he gave His life for sinful man. Again, praise the Lord with a joyful heart.

Beacon

« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2023, 08:49:47 PM »
"Over the rent sepulcher of Joseph, Christ had proclaimed in triumph..."

"I am the resurrection, and the life."

"These words could be spoken only by the Deity."

"All created beings live by the will and power of God."

"They are dependent recipients of the life of God. From the highest seraph to the humblest animate being, all are replenished from the Source of life."

"Only He who is one with God could say, I have power to lay down My life, and I have power to take it again. In His divinity, Christ possessed the power to break the bonds of death."

Is it not a Great Blessing to know that Jesus is the One holds the power over death! On the great Resurrection Morning "ALL" who have died in Jesus with their sins forgiven will hear His Voice calling them from tomb to Eternal Life. Never to Die Again!!

====================
Beneath the cross of Jesus
  I fain would take my stand,
The shadow of a mighty Rock
  Within a weary land;
A home within the wilderness,
  A rest upon the way,
From the burning of the noontide heat,
  And the burden of the day.
Oh, safe and happy shelter!
  Oh, refuge tried and sweet!
Oh, trysting place where heaven’s love
  And heaven’s justice meet.
As to the holy patriarch
  That wondrous dream was given,
So is my Savior by the cross
  A ladder up to heaven.
There lies beneath its shadow,
  But on the farther side,
The darkness of an awful grave
  That gapes both deep and wide;
And there between us stands the cross,
  Two arms outstretched to save,
Like a watchman set to guard the way
  From that eternal grave.
Upon that cross of Jesus
  Mine eye at times can see
The very dying form of One,
  Who suffered there for me;
And from my smitten heart, with tears,
  Two wonders I confess,
The wonders of His glorious love,
  And my own worthlessness.
I take, O cross, thy shadow
  For my abiding place;
I ask no other sunshine than
  The sunshine of His face;
Content to let the world go by,
  To know no gain nor loss,
My sinful self my only shame,
  My glory all the cross.

Lyrics:Elizabeth Cecilia Clephane (1830-1869)
Music:Frederick Charles Maker (1844-1927)

Thank You to All who prayed on my behalf regarding eye surgery - mission has been accomplished. Results yet to be determined. Keep Praying...Thanks.
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2023, 03:53:28 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!!

Praise God that Jesus is RISEN!! And those who have trusted in Him as Lord and Savior have the assurance of everlasting life, on the foundation of His death and resurrection!! Praise God that the moment we fully surrender to Jesus, the very power of His resurrection life comes into our hearts and minds so all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing are present as witness that we are truly partakers of the divine nature! Abiding in Christ, we gladly are motivated and empowered to obey God's law of love and to do His will as He works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure!! Go forth to be a blessing to others because of what Jesus has done!! By beholding Him, we become changed from glory to glory, from one character experience to the next--evermore to be like Jesus, for God has promised this in 2 Corinthians 3:18: "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."

"During His ministry, Jesus had raised the dead to life. He had raised the son of the widow of Nain, and the ruler's daughter and Lazarus. But these were not clothed with immortality. After they were raised, they were still subject to death. But those who came forth from the grave at Christ's resurrection were raised to everlasting life. They ascended with Him as trophies of His victory over death and the grave. These, said Christ, are no longer the captives of Satan; I have redeemed them. I have brought them from the grave as the first fruits of My power, to be with Me where I am, nevermore to see death or experience sorrow." {The Desire of Ages, page 786, paragraph 2}

Oh, what a wonderful reality that those who were raised at the time of Christ's resurrection went to heaven with Him, but praise God also for the promise we find in His word of a new world where sorrow and death will never again be experienced for ALL the redeemed! Let us look up in humble faith to Jesus and walk in harmony with His divine will and plan so we can be there with Him forever!! "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away" (Revelation 21:4)! What can be better than God's will? Nothing!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2023, 10:35:44 PM »
Amen my dear brothers!! 

The same power that raised Christ from the dead will raise His church, and glorify it with Him, above all principalities, above all powers, above every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in the world to come.   

What a wonderful promise!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2023, 04:31:31 AM »
What a change!! Things turned around quickly for Satan!!

"When Jesus was laid in the grave, Satan triumphed. He dared to hope that the Saviour would not take up His life again. He claimed the Lord's body, and set his guard about the tomb, seeking to hold Christ a prisoner. He was bitterly angry when his angels fled at the approach of the heavenly messenger. When he saw Christ come forth in triumph, he knew that his kingdom would have an end, and that he must finally die." {The Desire of Ages, page 782, paragraph 4}

For Satan, his doom is sure. But for each of us, who have been deceived and bitten by Satan the serpent, for we have all sinned, we may have hope of eternal life in looking to Jesus, learning the plan of salvation, exercising faith in God's amazing grace, and surrendering fully to God in true repentance as we experience forgiveness of our past sins and are empowered by the indwelling Holy Spirit to live in harmony with the resurrection power of Jesus in obedience to all of God's commandments! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be revealed in the life that has let Jesus deliver the soul from Satan's power by having Christ reign on the throne of the heart in continual union and communion with Him!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2023, 08:45:28 AM »
Amen dear brother!!  Satan ought not have been angry with his army. Did he not know that God's power was a million times the power of his evil angels? When Jesus comes to take us home, does Satan still think he can hold us captive? He can make life hard for us today, but when all is said and done, God will have His Church with Him for eternity. Our death (sleep) is but a little matter.

"Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." "Whoso eateth My flesh, and drinketh My blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 10:10; 4:14; John 6:54.   
     To the believer, death is but a small matter. Christ speaks of it as if it were of little moment. "If a man keep My saying, he shall never see death," "he shall never taste of death." To the Christian, death is but a sleep, a moment of silence and darkness. The life is hid with Christ in God, and "when Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory." John 8:51, 52; Colossians 3:4.
     The voice that cried from the cross, "It is finished," was heard among the dead. It pierced the walls of sepulchers, and summoned the sleepers to arise. Thus will it be when the voice of Christ shall be heard from heaven. That voice will penetrate the graves and unbar the tombs, and the dead in Christ shall arise. At the Saviour's resurrection a few graves were opened, but at His second coming all the precious dead shall hear His voice, and shall come forth to glorious, immortal life. The same power that raised Christ from the dead will raise His church, and glorify it with Him, above all principalities, above all powers, above every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in the world to come.   

What does it mean to eat His flesh and drink His blood? It is just what we who are reading Desire of Ages every day are doing. And are not we blessed greatly as we behold the loveliness of our Savior? Tell your friends and family to join us as His army grows daily.

To eat the flesh and drink the blood of Christ is to receive Him as a personal Saviour, believing that He forgives our sins, and that we are complete in Him. It is by beholding His love, by dwelling upon it, by drinking it in, that we are to become partakers of His nature. What food is to the body, Christ must be to the soul. Food cannot benefit us unless we eat it, unless it becomes a part of our being. So Christ is of no value to us if we do not know Him as a personal Saviour. A theoretical knowledge will do us no good. We must feed upon Him, receive Him into the heart, so that His life becomes our life. His love, His grace, must be assimilated.  DA 389.

So long as they remained united, the church would go forth “fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners.” Song of Solomon 6:10. Nothing could withstand her onward progress. The church would advance from victory to victory, gloriously fulfilling her divine mission of proclaiming the gospel to the world.  Acts of the Apostles, pg 90.

Tomorrow we will be reading chapter 82, Why Weepest Thou?  It would be a great blessing for you to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Jesus. Satan has no power to stop you, as hard as he tries. Pray for grace to help.

Beacon

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2023, 08:29:40 PM »
"To the Christian, death is but a sleep, a moment of silence and darkness."

The life is hid with Christ in God, and "when Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory." John 8:51, 52;

"The voice that cried from the cross, "It is finished," was heard among the dead It pierced the walls of sepulchers, and summoned the sleepers to arise."

"Thus will it be when the voice of Christ shall be heard from heaven."

"That voice will penetrate the graves and unbar the tombs, and the dead in Christ shall arise."

"At the Saviour's resurrection a few graves were opened."

"At His second coming all the precious dead shall hear His voice, and shall come forth to glorious, immortal life."

"The same power that raised Christ from the dead will raise His church, and glorify it with Him, above all principalities, above all powers, above every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in the world to come.

We must learn to trust completely in Jesus when He said " I AM the Resurrection and the life." He demonstrated this power several times when He was on earth to assure us that truly nothing will prevent us from hearing His voice to " Come Forth " when He comes the 2nd time.

===================================

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine;
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
    This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:Phoebe Palmer Knapp (1839-1908)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2023, 09:26:29 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

He knows it’s over soon. Satan will die.

“When Jesus was laid in the grave, Satan triumphed. He dared to hope that the Saviour would not take up His life again. He claimed the Lord’s body, and set his guard about the tomb, seeking to hold Christ a prisoner. He was bitterly angry when his angels fled at the approach of the heavenly messenger. When he saw Christ come forth in triumph, he knew that his kingdom would have an end, and that he must finally die.” {The Desire of Ages, page 782, paragraph 4}

With a few moments remaining in the raging conflict Satan has waged against God‘s unselfish character in the universe, the enemy of our souls directors fierce attacks against the church and all those who are in it or seeking to enter in. Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus, and don’t look back at the old sinful world with its deceitful lusts (whether those temptations come from without or within). In the powerful transformation of character Christ offers as you surrender fully to Him, you can experience continuously His resurrection power to live with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as you stay in the path of true obedience to God’s will—His law of love

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2023, 11:00:06 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean and Brother Beacon! When Jesus said "it is finished," Satan did not know he had lost the battle.

When Jesus was laid in the grave, Satan triumphed. He dared to hope that the Saviour would not take up His life again. He claimed the Lord's body, and set his guard about the tomb, seeking to hol Christ a prisoner. He was bitterly angry when his angels fled at the approach of the heavenly messenger. When he saw Christ come forth in triumph, he knew that his kingdom would have an end, and that he must finally die.   

Beacon

« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2023, 08:57:57 PM »
"To the Christian, death is but a sleep, a moment of silence and darkness."

"The life is hid with Christ in God, and "when Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory." John 8:51, 52; Colossians 3:4."

"The voice that cried from the cross, "It is finished," was heard among the dead. It pierced the walls of sepulchers, and summoned the sleepers to arise."

"Thus will it be when the voice of Christ shall be heard from heaven."

"That voice will penetrate the graves and unbar the tombs, and the dead in Christ shall arise."
"
"At the Saviour's resurrection a few graves were opened, but at His second coming all the precious dead shall hear His voice, and shall come forth to glorious, immortal life. The same power that raised Christ from the dead will raise His church, and glorify it with Him, above all principalities, above all powers, above every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in the world to come."

What a Day - Glorious Day that will be when our Jesus we will see - When He takes us by the hand and leads us to the Glorious Land.

=====================================
There were ninety and nine that safely lay
  In the shelter of the flock,
But one was out on the hills away,
  Far off in the cold and dark;
Away on the mountains wild and bare,
Away from the tender Shepherd’s care.
“Lord, Thou hast here Thy ninety and nine;
  Are they not enough for Thee?”
But the Shepherd made answer: “This of Mine
  Has wandered away from Me;
And although the road be rough and steep,
I go to the desert to find My sheep.”
But none of the ransomed ever knew
  How deep were the waters crossed;
Nor how dark was the night which the Lord passed through
  Ere He found His sheep that was lost.
Out in the bleak desert He heard its cry—
All bleeding and helpless, and ready to die.
“Lord, whence are those blood-drops all the way
  That mark out the mountain’s track?”
“They were shed for one who had gone astray
  Ere the Shepherd could bring him back.”
“Lord, whence are Thy hands so rent and torn?”
“They’re pierced tonight by many a thorn.”
And all through the mountains, thunder-riven,
  And up from the rocky steep,
There arose a cry to the gate of heaven,
  “Rejoice! I have found My sheep!”
And the angels echoed around the throne,
“Rejoice, for the Lord brings back His own!”

Elizabeth Cecilia Clephane (1830-1869)
Music:Ira David Sankey (1840-1908)

Dorine

« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2023, 05:18:57 AM »
"The voice that cried from the cross, "It is finished," was heard among the dead. It pierced the walls of sepulchers, and summoned the sleepers to arise. Thus will it be when the voice of Christ shall be heard from heaven. That voice will penetrate the graves and unbar the tombs, and the dead in Christ shall arise. At the Saviour's resurrection a few graves were opened, but at His second coming all the precious dead shall hear His voice, and shall come forth to glorious, immortal life. The same power that raised Christ from the dead will raise His church, and glorify it with Him, above all principalities, above all powers, above every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in the world to come."

May we remain surrendered and faithful to Jesus every moment so that we will be among those that will rejoice to see Him coming in the clouds of heaven. If He doesn't hold first place in our hearts today how will we resist the temptations that bombard us continuously. We are in a battle. Both sides are working untiringly for our loyalty. One through deceit, hate and force the other through the loving, drawing power of Christ to win our trust and acceptance of Him.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2023, 06:43:55 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

Christ did not stop being divine when He died on the cross. His humanity died, but divinity did not. Like a tree that goes dormant in winter, it is still alive. Jesus, still alive in His divinity, went to sleep in the grave, as He experienced the death of His human nature. By doing so, He defeated Satan, and in coming forth from the tomb by the divine original, unborrowed, underived life in Himself came forth in triumph. What Jesus did for us is exceedingly deep and precious. No one but Jesus could have accomplished such salvation for us. As fully God and fully man, Jesus has bridged the gap that sin has made and offers us His life and life more abundantly!

Seeing Jesus' infinite loveliness, our hearts are drawn to Him in true repentance to turn from the sins that have hurt God's heart; confessing and forsaking them in sincere prayer, we are cleansed from all unrighteousness. When the WHOLE HEART is yielded to Christ, supernaturally, our fallen nature can be crucified with Him and the divine nature accessible to us by God's promises will produce all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in a life of true obedience to God's commandments! Praise God that this is all because of Jesus!!

"When the voice of the mighty angel was heard at Christ's tomb, saying, Thy Father calls Thee, the Saviour came forth from the grave by the life that was in Himself. Now was proved the truth of His words, 'I lay down My life, that I might take it again.... I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.' Now was fulfilled the prophecy He had spoken to the priests and rulers,
'Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.' John 10:17, 18; 2:19." {The Desire of Ages, page 785, paragraph 2}

Soon Jesus is coming in the clouds of heaven to take His children home. Those who have trusted in Him as the resurrection and life are assured of an eternity with Him. Let the joy and singing begin!!

Beacon

« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2024, 08:05:17 PM »
“When Jesus was laid in the grave, Satan triumphed."

"He dared to hope that the Saviour would not take up His life again."

"He claimed the Lord’s body, and set his guard about the tomb, seeking to hold Christ a prisoner."

"He was bitterly angry when his angels fled at the approach of the heavenly messenger."

"When he saw Christ come forth in triumph, he knew that his kingdom would have an end, and that he must finally die.”

Today "WE" we can have full assurance in the promises found in God's Word.

====================
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine;
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:Phoebe Palmer Knapp (1839-1908)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2024, 04:24:41 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

The One who is personally interested in your happiness is Jesus. Because He has conquered sin and death, He can give you what no one else can--eternal life! No matter how great your present trials or how difficult your past has been, by looking unto Jesus, we all may freely find healing for all the diseases and disorders of our souls, experiencing the power of the gospel of His grace! When we fully surrender to God in Christ, moved by His infinite love, our lives are brought into loving obedience to His law as He manifests through us all the fruits of the Spirit without one missing!

"The voice that cried from the cross, 'It is finished,' was heard among the dead. It pierced the walls of sepulchers, and summoned the sleepers to arise. Thus will it be when the voice of Christ shall be heard from heaven. That voice will penetrate the graves and unbar the tombs, and the dead in Christ shall arise. At the Saviour's resurrection a few graves were opened, but at His second coming all the precious dead shall hear His voice, and shall come forth to glorious, immortal life. The same power that raised Christ from the dead will raise His church, and glorify it with Him, above all principalities, above all powers, above every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in the world to come." {The Desire of Ages, page 787, paragraph 2}   

We need to keep the whole picture in view! Our present trials are temporary! Christ's sufferings and death are not the end of the story--He is RISEN!! He is even now in the heavenly sanctuary interceding for us as our High Priest to blot out our sins and give us the victory we need continually! The goal of the Christian life is to be like Jesus and bring others to Him! Let us always allow the same resurrection life of Jesus that raised Him from the dead to keep us on a moment-by-moment basis from sin because we have found our greatest happiness in knowing and loving God! Praise God!

Dorine

« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2024, 06:26:53 AM »
"To the believer, Christ is the resurrection and the life. In our Saviour the life that was lost through sin is restored; for He has life in Himself to quicken whom He will. He is invested with the right to give immortality. The life that He laid down in humanity, He takes up again, and gives to humanity. "I am come," He said, "that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." "Whoso eateth My flesh, and drinketh My blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 10:10; 4:14; John 6:54.

We don't have to wait for some future event we are to have this abundant life now. As we spend time with Christ, learning His ways and following Him our lives overflow with joy and contentment. If the every day trials and temptations get us down we need to look up because that is where Jesus is and will keep us from stumbling. What a testimony we have to share with those about us that we serve a living, compassionate, merciful and loving Saviour. There is no other.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2024, 07:21:25 AM »
Amen my dear friends!  For those who love the Lord our God with all of the heart, death has lost its power over us. It is but a short sleep. It is offered to us at a very high cost.

To the believer, Christ is the resurrection and the life. In our Saviour the life that was lost through sin is restored; for He has life in Himself to quicken whom He will. He is invested with the right to give immortality. The life that He laid down in humanity, He takes up again, and gives to humanity. "I am come," He said, "that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." "Whoso eateth My flesh, and drinketh My blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 10:10; 4:14; John 6:54.