Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--77--In Pilate's Judgment Hall  (Read 17344 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--77--In Pilate's Judgment Hall
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2021, 02:38:17 AM »
What sustained Jesus as He was about to be crucified?

"Satan's rage was great as he saw that all the abuse inflicted upon the Saviour had not forced the least murmur from His lips. Although He had taken upon Him the nature of man, He was sustained by a godlike fortitude, and departed in no particular from the will of His Father." {The Desire of Ages, page 735, paragraph 1}

Christ chose not to depart from the will of His Father. When we look upon the majesty and meekness of Jesus, His loveliness of character inspires us to choose the will of our Father in heaven and be willing to be anything or nothing as His providence shall indicate that God's plans may be fulfilled. Because Jesus was sustained by a godlike fortitude through a living faith surrender to the will of His Father, we also may walk by the faith of Jesus in continual surrender to God and be filled with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in true obedience to His commandments as long as we choose the will of God no matter the cost. Let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus today!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2021, 06:53:51 AM »
"Rather than risk losing his position, he,(Pilot), delivered Jesus up to be crucified. But in spite of his precautions, the very thing he dreaded afterward came upon him. His honors were stripped from him, he was cast down from his high office, and, stung by remorse and wounded pride, not long after the crucifixion he ended his own life.

""There is  way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Proverbs 14:12."

Day by day our choices are strengthening or weakening our Eternal Destiny  - What will we choose to do with Jesus? For it says in His Word...

Joshua 24:15
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Look up and listen for the shout.

Philip T

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2021, 08:43:46 AM »
Pilate longed to deliver Jesus. But he saw that he could not do this, and yet retain his own position and honor. Rather than lose his worldly power, he chose to sacrifice an innocent life. How many, to escape loss or suffering, in like manner sacrifice principle. Conscience and duty point one way, and self-interest points another. The current sets strongly in the wrong direction, and he who compromises with evil is swept away into the thick darkness of guilt.

A lesson for us today, Pilot knew Jesus was innocent of any wrongdoing, yet he did not wish to lose his position of power here on earth, so he chose to sacrifice an innocent man. He would not make a clear decision for Christ, but attempted compromise, and in the end he could not pronounce Jesus innocent. When we compromise with sin, attempting any way to keep it rather than surrender it we find ourselves on the same slippery slope and end up doing just as Pilot did, slip and fall. Which will lead to eternal death. Having turned our backs on the conviction of the Holy Spirit through justifying our indecision to surrender to God all of ourselves. 

Dorine

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2021, 11:46:13 AM »
  "When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just Person: see ye to it." In fear and self-condemnation Pilate looked upon the Saviour. In the vast sea of upturned faces, His alone was peaceful. About His head a soft light seemed to shine. Pilate said in his heart, He is a God. Turning to the multitude he declared, I am clear of His blood. Take ye Him, and crucify Him. But mark ye, priests and rulers, I pronounce Him a just man. May He whom He claims as His Father judge you and not me for this day's work. Then to Jesus he said, Forgive me for this act; I cannot save You. And when he had again scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified. 

Unbelievable! How could this have actually happened? Yet it did. Pilate knew that Jesus was a holy man guiltless of the crimes He was accused of. Pilate may not have been able to save Jesus but what a different outcome for himself if only he had accepted Jesus into his heart refusing to be the one to hand Jesus over to be crucified. Pilate's end would have been much different. He would rather give up eternity than to surrender his pride. No matter what we are faced with in life we always have the final say as to who we will obey. May eternity with Jesus be far more precious to us than any selfish ambition we may have."
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2021, 09:58:49 PM »
What a lesson in character we have today!!   Poor Pilate!  He knew Jesus was innocent,  but had Him flogged and crucified so he would not lose his place in life. Like the rich young ruler, he was unwilling to give up his riches and position. How shall we hold up when faced with losing all we have in order to not hurt our Savior? If we can't be faithful today in the "little" things of life, how shall we be in the great trials? Those who do not believe they need to be "perfect" in their hearts will not be able to be perfect when it will truly cost all.

Jesus knew the Holy Spirit was working on the heart of Pilate. Satan was also at work to distract him from the truth he was seeking. How very sad. Do we allow Satan to distract us? All too often. Let us learn from the experience of Pilate.

Hoping to gain the truth from Him and to escape the tumult of the crowd, Pilate took Jesus aside with him, and again questioned, "Art Thou the King of the Jews?"   
     Jesus did not directly answer this question. He knew that the Holy Spirit was striving with Pilate, and He gave him opportunity to acknowledge his conviction. "Sayest thou this thing of thyself," He asked, "or did others tell it thee of Me?" That is, was it the accusations of the priests, or a desire to receive light from Christ, that prompted Pilate's question? Pilate understood Christ's meaning; but pride arose in his heart. He would not acknowledge the conviction that pressed upon him. "Am I a Jew?" he said. "Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered Thee unto me: what hast Thou done?"
     Pilate's golden opportunity had passed. Yet Jesus did not leave him without further light. While He did not directly answer Pilate's question, He plainly stated His own mission. He gave Pilate to understand that He was not seeking an earthly throne.
     "My kingdom is not of this world," He said; "if My kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is My kingdom not from hence. Pilate therefore said unto Him, Art Thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Everyone that is of the truth heareth My voice."
     Christ affirmed that His word was in itself a key which would unlock the mystery to those who were prepared to receive it. It had a self-commending power, and this was the secret of the spread of His kingdom of truth. He desired Pilate to understand that only by receiving and appropriating truth could his ruined nature be reconstructed.   
     Pilate had a desire to know the truth. His mind was confused. He eagerly grasped the words of the Saviour, and his heart was stirred with a great longing to know what it really was, and how he could obtain it. "What is truth?" he inquired. But he did not wait for an answer. The tumult outside recalled him to the interests of the hour; for the priests were clamorous for immediate action. Going out to the Jews, he declared emphatically, "I find in Him no fault at all."   
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2021, 05:57:15 AM »
"The Roman soldiers that surrounded Christ were not all hardened; some were looking earnestly into His face for one evidence that He was a criminal or dangerous character. From time to time they would turn and cast a look of contempt upon Barabbas. It needed no deep insight to read him through and through. Again they would turn to the One upon trial. They looked at the divine sufferer with feelings of deep pity. The silent submission of Christ stamped upon their minds the scene, never to be effaced until they either acknowledged Him as the Christ, or by rejecting Him decided their own destiny."

This will be repeated again when God's people will be tormented, tortured and some martyred. Jesus is preparing His children each day for the final conflict. Are we moment by moment beholding Jesus? Does He have our entire hearts? Do we murmur and complain when things don't please us or are we rejoicing in all things because we know Jesus and are willing to accept the path He decides for each one of us? It's a path that Jesus has passed over and knows each step we should take. He is our guide and we can trust Him explicitly.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2021, 06:24:05 AM »
"Rather than risk losing his position, he,(Pilot), delivered Jesus up to be crucified. But in spite of his precautions, the very thing he dreaded afterward came upon him.

His honors were stripped from him, he was cast down from his high office, and, stung by remorse and wounded pride, not long after the crucifixion he ended his own life."

"There is  way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Proverbs 14:12."

Day by day our choices are strengthening or weakening our Eternal Destiny  - What will we choose to do with Jesus? For it says in His Word...

Joshua 24:15 says...
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Behold what Jesus has done for us. Let's make Jesus #1 in our daily lives and give honor and glory to Him now and for all eternity.

Philip T

« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2021, 08:43:10 AM »
    Pilate now sent for Barabbas to be brought into the court. He then presented the two prisoners side by side, and pointing to the Saviour he said in a voice of solemn entreaty, "Behold the Man!" "I bring Him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in Him."   
     There stood the Son of God, wearing the robe of mockery and the crown of thorns. Stripped to the waist, His back showed the long, cruel stripes, from which the blood flowed freely. His face was stained with blood, and bore the marks of exhaustion and pain; but never had it appeared more beautiful than now. The Saviour's visage was not marred before His enemies. Every feature expressed gentleness and resignation and the tenderest pity for His cruel foes. In His manner there was no cowardly weakness, but the strength and dignity of long-suffering. In striking contrast was the prisoner at His side. Every line of the countenance of Barabbas proclaimed him the hardened ruffian that he was. The contrast spoke to every beholder. Some of the spectators were weeping. As they looked upon Jesus, their hearts were full of sympathy. Even the priests and rulers were convicted that He was all that He claimed to be.

Here we see our choices that affect our future, We see a loving kind Savior and King of Kings, his love for those hurting him shinning forth or Satan being manifest in the Barabbas a hardened criminal with no caring for those around him. Many were convicted of Jesus as their savior, even the priest in the act of crucifying him, we either let the light of Jesus soften or hearts or we harden them and turn away, Jesus does not force he only leads.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2021, 09:19:18 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine, Brother Beacon and Brother Philip!

As we behold the loveliness of Jesus, we clearly see the power of the gospel in His life in how infinite love was shining forth from Him even amid the farce of a trial heaped upon Him. The way Jesus responded is evidence of the perfection of His character, and all that He did in His trial He offers us in the most trying and exciting moments of life so we may be patient, calm and self-possessed no matter what comes to us. May you today allow Jesus' perfection to keep you in perfect peace so His grace and strength are your constant stay no matter what our Heavenly Father allows to befall you for your good and the blessing of the world, as was true in the experience of Christ.

"Standing behind Pilate, in view of all in the court, Christ heard the abuse; but to all the false charges against Him He answered not a word. His whole bearing gave evidence of conscious innocence. He stood unmoved by the fury of the waves that beat about Him. It was as if the heavy surges of wrath, rising higher and higher, like the waves of the boisterous ocean, broke about Him, but did not touch Him. He stood silent, but His silence was eloquence. It was as a light shining from the inner to the outer man." {The Desire of Ages, page 726, paragraph 3}

By beholding we become changed, and we are to look to the Lamb of God and live. When the whole heart is yielded to Christ, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be seen in our lives as we affectionately obey God's law of love, and we shall be imbued deeply with His Spirit because we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, especially dwelling upon the closing scenes of His life.
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2021, 10:25:33 PM »
What a painful chapter to read! On the other hand, we see the character of God being revealed to the whole universe! This is what will put an end to sin when the last act is finished. God grace is so very powerful! As Sister Dorine has shared, Jesus has given us an example of what we are to be to this world and to the universe.

Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth! Behold the oppressor and the oppressed. A maddened throng enclose the Saviour of the world. Mocking and jeering are mingled with the coarse oaths of blasphemy. His lowly birth and humble life are commented upon by the unfeeling mob. His claim to be the Son of God is ridiculed, and the vulgar jest and insulting sneer are passed from lip to lip.   
     Satan led the cruel mob in its abuse of the Saviour. It was his purpose to provoke Him to retaliation if possible, or to drive Him to perform a miracle to release Himself, and thus break up the plan of salvation. One stain upon His human life, one failure of His humanity to endure the terrible test, and the Lamb of God would have been an imperfect offering, and the redemption of man a failure. But He who by a command could bring the heavenly host to His aid--He who could have driven that mob in terror from His sight by the flashing forth of His divine majesty--submitted with perfect calmness to the coarsest insult and outrage.
     Christ's enemies had demanded a miracle as evidence of His divinity. They had evidence far greater than any they had sought. As their cruelty degraded His torturers below humanity into the likeness of Satan, so did His meekness and patience exalt Jesus above humanity, and prove His kinship to God. His abasement was the pledge of His exaltation. The blood drops of agony that from His wounded temples flowed down His face and beard were the pledge of His anointing with "the oil of gladness" (Hebrews 1:9.) as our great high priest.
     Satan's rage was great as he saw that all the abuse inflicted upon the Saviour had not forced the least murmur from His lips. Although He had taken upon Him the nature of man, He was sustained by a godlike fortitude, and departed in no particular from the will of His Father. 

What a man! What a God!! Yes, He took upon Himself our nature, yet He did not sin. So as it was with Jesus, so shall it be for all who surrender the whole heart to Him who gave all that we might be transformed into His image. What a thought, what a miracle!! "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Cor. 3:18. As Pastor Sean has shared, it is by beholding that we become transformed into His character, nature (2 Peter 1:4).
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2021, 06:19:40 AM »
How can one read this chapter and not be deeply and painfully affected? How can hearts that claim to love God be so heartless, cold and hateful? We are not left in ignorance concerning the satanic power that takes hold of someone who rejects God. It's not the words we speak but the acts that reveal who we really are.

I couldn't help but feel compassion for Pilots' wife. She must have been beside herself. God gave Pilot every evidence and opportunity to accept Jesus and do the right thing but his earthly position was more important to him. And where did it get him?

"Pilate yielded to the demands of the mob. Rather than risk losing his position, he delivered Jesus up to be crucified. But in spite of his precautions, the very thing he dreaded afterward came upon him. His honors were stripped from him, he was cast down from his high office, and, stung by remorse and wounded pride, not long after the crucifixion he ended his own life. So all who compromise with sin will gain only sorrow and ruin. "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Proverbs 14:12.

May we under every circumstance stand firm and true to God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2021, 06:29:55 AM »
Amen dear sister!  And, those who held high positions played a part in the eternal death of the "sheep."

A nation's sin and a nation's ruin were due to the religious leaders. 

So it is today. Many of the NAD leaders and the union and local conference leaders are going to one day understand what they have done and what will happen to them, just as we read of the leaders in Israel. Thankfully the church will survive despite the apostate church leaders. There are consecrated leaders and some of those who are on the wrong side will turn and stand with the faithful. Many new leaders shall be chosen as we near the end.

It is indeed sad to read that those who profess to love God could do as did the Jews who cried out "crucify Him, crucify Him, His blood be on us, and on our children."

Looking upon the smitten Lamb of God, the Jews had cried, "His blood be on us, and on our children." That awful cry ascended to the throne of God. That sentence, pronounced upon themselves, was written in heaven. That prayer was heard. The blood of the Son of God was upon their children and their children's children, a perpetual curse.   

Beacon

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2021, 08:34:49 AM »
"Pilate had a desire to know the truth".

"His mind was confused. He eagerly grasped the words of the Saviour, and his heart was stirred with a great longing to know what it really was, and how he could obtain it. "What is truth?" he inquired."

"But he did not wait for an answer."

"The tumult outside recalled him to the interests of the hour; for the priests were clamorous for immediate action. Going out to the Jews, he declared emphatically, "I find in Him no fault at all."    

"When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just Person: see ye to it." In fear and self-condemnation Pilate looked upon the Saviour.

"In the vast sea of upturned faces, His alone was peaceful. About His head a soft light seemed to shine. Pilate said in his heart, He is a God."

"Turning to the multitude he declared, I am clear of His blood. Take ye Him, and crucify Him. But mark ye, priests and rulers, I pronounce Him a just man. May He whom He claims as His Father judge you and not me for this day's work. Then to Jesus he said, Forgive me for this act; I cannot save You."

"And when he had again scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified."

When "We" look upon this heart wrenching scene and realize what Jesus went through for us I hope and pray that "We" will not not come to the same conclusion as did Pilate who was not willing to trade his temporary earthly status for an Everlasting One filled with Peace , Joy and Love.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2021, 06:02:24 PM »
Amen, Sister Dorine, Brother Richard and Brother Beacon!

What a blessing that we can receive the truth for our ruined natures to be restored to God's plan. When the whole heart is yielded to Christ, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in the life without one missing, and we can gladly do His will because we are abiding in His word.

"Christ affirmed that His word was in itself a key which would unlock the mystery to those who were prepared to receive it. It had a self-commending power, and this was the secret of the spread of His kingdom of truth. He desired Pilate to understand that only by receiving and appropriating truth could his ruined nature be reconstructed." {The Desire of Ages, page 727, paragraph 3}

The blessing of the truth coming into our hearts means we can overcome and resist evil as we recognize that God's word is better than the way our sinful nature would pull us to go. God's word is more powerful, and the key is abiding in Jesus! 

Beacon

« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2021, 08:08:51 PM »
"Satan led the cruel mob in its abuse of the Saviour."

"It was his purpose to provoke Him to retaliation if possible, or to drive Him to perform a miracle to release Himself, and thus break up the plan of salvation."

"One stain upon His human life, one failure of His humanity to endure the terrible test, and the Lamb of God would have been an imperfect offering, and the redemption of man a failure."

"He who by a command could bring the heavenly host to His aid--He who could have driven that mob in terror from His sight by the flashing forth of His divine majesty--submitted with perfect calmness to the coarsest insult and outrage."

How Grateful and Happy we should be that Jesus was willing to endure all the mockery and pain caused by the rejection of His own people and yet being willing to pay the price of redemption for those who would accept Him as Lord and Saviour, Past, Current and Future.

Today are "WE" willing to stand up with Jesus and accept His offer?

Redeemed—how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed through His infinite mercy,
His child, and forever, I am.
 Redeemed, redeemed,
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed, redeemed,
 His child, and forever, I am.
Redeemed and so happy in Jesus,
No language my rapture can tell;
I know that the light of His presence
With me doth continually dwell.
I think of my blessed Redeemer,
I think of Him all the day long;
I sing, for I cannot be silent;
His love is the theme of my song.
I know I shall see in His beauty
The King in whose way I delight;
Who lovingly guardeth my footsteps,
And giveth me songs in the night.

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:William James Kirkpatrick (1838)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2021, 08:24:41 AM »
Praise the Lord, Brother Beacon!

Beholding the loveliness of Jesus changes us. By beholding we become changed and Jesus did all He could to reach the hearts of those around Him. He loves us with a love that is infinite and we can come to Christ just as we are, but the inevitable result of being in constant union and communion with Him is to be like Jesus!

"There stood the Son of God, wearing the robe of mockery and the crown of thorns. Stripped to the waist, His back showed the long, cruel stripes, from which the blood flowed freely. His face was stained with blood, and bore the marks of exhaustion and pain; but never had it appeared more beautiful than now. The Saviour's visage was not marred before His enemies. Every feature expressed gentleness and resignation and the tenderest pity for His cruel foes. In His manner there was no cowardly weakness, but the strength and dignity of long-suffering. In striking contrast was the prisoner at His side. Every line of the countenance of Barabbas proclaimed him the hardened ruffian that he was. The contrast spoke to every beholder. Some of the spectators were weeping. As they looked upon Jesus, their hearts were full of sympathy. Even the priests and rulers were convicted that He was all that He claimed to be." {The Desire of Ages, page 735, paragraph 3}

As we look to Christ and surrender to Him in true conversion, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2021, 07:05:37 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. "As they looked upon Jesus, their hearts were full of sympathy." As we understand it is because of His suffering that we can be forgiven (saved and transformed), we ought to appreciate what He and our heavenly Father have done. It is by beholding this grace that our hearts are broken. If will respond to His love with our love, then confessing our sins, God will not only forgive our sins, He will cleanse the heart from all sin.

"When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just Person: see ye to it." In fear and self-condemnation Pilate looked upon the Saviour. In the vast sea of upturned faces, His alone was peaceful. About His head a soft light seemed to shine. Pilate said in his heart, He is a God. Turning to the multitude he declared, I am clear of His blood. Take ye Him, and crucify Him. But mark ye, priests and rulers, I pronounce Him a just man. May He whom He claims as His Father judge you and not me for this day's work. Then to Jesus he said, Forgive me for this act; I cannot save You. And when he had again scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified.   
     Pilate longed to deliver Jesus. But he saw that he could not do this, and yet retain his own position and honor. Rather than lose his worldly power, he chose to sacrifice an innocent life. How many, to escape loss or suffering, in like manner sacrifice principle. Conscience and duty point one way, and self-interest points another. The current sets strongly in the wrong direction, and he who compromises with evil is swept away into the thick darkness of guilt. 

What is the result of one such decision? Utter darkness. Each day we are forming a character that will either glorify God or lead us into utter darkness. Like Judas and Pilot, they had been forming such a character for many years. This was the last chance for Pilot to repent. Look at all of the help God had given him, yet he cared more for His position than for an innocent man whom he understood to be a god. Sadly, he did not understand that Christ was suffering and dying for his sins. False religion leads to such sadness.

Beacon

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2022, 08:10:26 PM »
"Pilate longed to deliver Jesus."

"But he saw that he could not do this, and yet retain his own position and honor."

"Rather than lose his worldly power, he chose to sacrifice an innocent life."

"How many, to escape loss or suffering, in like manner sacrifice principle."

"Conscience and duty point one way, and self-interest points another. The current sets strongly in the wrong direction, and he who compromises with evil is swept away into the thick darkness of guilt."

What are "WE" willing to trade for Eternal Life?? I would like to encourage you to join with me in taking the time to do a Personal Spiritual Introspection of your own commitment to Jesus while the door of His Mercy & Forgiveness is still open.

May our prayer of dedication be:

Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.

Lyrics:Mrs. Ada A. Whiddington (1891)
Music:Albert Benjamin Simpson (1843-1919)

Dorine

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2022, 05:08:02 AM »
"Standing behind Pilate, in view of all in the court, Christ heard the abuse; but to all the false charges against Him He answered not a word. His whole bearing gave evidence of conscious innocence. He stood unmoved by the fury of the waves that beat about Him. It was as if the heavy surges of wrath, rising higher and higher, like the waves of the boisterous ocean, broke about Him, but did not touch Him. He stood silent, but His silence was eloquence. It was as a light shining from the inner to the outer man."

This gives me such peace. Because of what He has gone through He knows our pain and suffering and promises to be with us and as we commit our lives to Him He gives us strength to endure. And besides that we will endure as He endured with calm and patience and with love for our enemies.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2022, 07:31:13 AM »
Amen Sister Dorine! As Brother Beacon has pointed out "Not I, but Christ" be seen in our lives.

What ever happened to the wife of Pilot? She received a view of Jesus that would forever be remembered.

Even now Pilate was not left to act blindly. A message from God warned him from the deed he was about to commit. In answer to Christ's prayer, the wife of Pilate had been visited by an angel from heaven, and in a dream she had beheld the Saviour and conversed with Him. Pilate's wife was not a Jew, but as she looked upon Jesus in her dream, she had no doubt of His character or mission. She knew Him to be the Prince of God. She saw Him on trial in the judgment hall. She saw the hands tightly bound as the hands of a criminal. She saw Herod and his soldiers doing their dreadful work. She heard the priests and rulers, filled with envy and malice, madly accusing. She heard the words, "We have a law, and by our law He ought to die." She saw Pilate give Jesus to the scourging, after he had declared, "I find no fault in Him." She heard the condemnation pronounced by Pilate, and saw him give Christ up to His murderers. She saw the cross uplifted on Calvary. She saw the earth wrapped in darkness, and heard the mysterious cry, "It is finished." Still another scene met her gaze. She saw Christ seated upon the great white cloud, while the earth reeled in space, and His murderers fled from the presence of His glory. With a cry of horror she awoke, and at once wrote to Pilate words of warning.
     While Pilate was hesitating as to what he should do, a messenger pressed through the crowd, and handed him the letter from his wife, which read:
     "Have thou nothing to do with that just Man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of Him."

She saw grace!  "....she had beheld the Saviour and conversed with Him.... she had no doubt of His character or mission. She knew Him to be the Prince of God."