Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--77--In Pilate's Judgment Hall  (Read 17339 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--77--In Pilate's Judgment Hall
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2019, 03:55:25 PM »
"If at the first Pilate had stood firm, refusing to condemn a man whom he found guiltless, he would have broken the fatal chain that was to bind him in remorse and guilt as long as he lived. Had he carried out his convictions of right, the Jews would not have presumed to dictate to him. Christ would have been put to death, but the guilt would not have rested upon Pilate. But Pilate had taken step after step in the violation of his conscience. He had excused himself from judging with justice and equity, and he now found himself almost helpless in the hands of the priests and rulers. His wavering and indecision proved his ruin. "

Why did Pilate Fail?? Because Step by Step, in Violation of his Conscience, he had "excused himself from judging with Justice & Equity". Friends this is so important for Us to understand!! Life's destiny is made up of Choices, Moment by Moment - Hour by Hour - Day by Day we are making Choices that will determine our Eternal Destiny.  Are we reinforcing our Spiritual Life Day by Day, Hour by Hour, & Moment by Moment?? or we so busy chasing the things of this world that Jesus is Crowded Out? The devil knows the Lateness of the Hour for this world. He knows that if he can keep us so BUSY = ( Being Under Satan's Yoke " ) That we will FAIL to make the right choices when brought into testing circumstances.

A friend of mine wrote these words in my autograph book during my academy days.

YOUR LIFE LIES BEFORE YOU
LIKE A FIELD OF PURE WHITE SNOW.
BE CAREFUL HOW YOU STEP ON IT,
FOR EVERY STEP WILL SHOW. ........ 

I pray that each of "OUR STEPS" will meet the "Approval of the One we claim to Love", So that when our testing time happens we will without hesitation stand "TALL" and bring Honor & Glory to the One Who Gave His Life For Us.

HAPPY SABBATH to all who Love Jesus
Look up and listen for the shout.

Beacon

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2020, 08:05:33 PM »
"Pilate looked at the men who had Jesus in charge, and then his gaze rested searchingly on Jesus. He had had to deal with all kinds of criminals; but never before had a man bearing marks of such goodness and nobility been brought before him. On His face he saw no sign of guilt, no expression of fear, no boldness or defiance. He saw a man of calm and dignified bearing, whose countenance bore not the marks of a criminal, but the signature of heaven."

"Pilate at this time had no thought of condemning Jesus. He knew that the Jews had accused Him through hatred and prejudice. He knew what his duty was. Justice demanded that Christ should be immediately released. But Pilate dreaded the ill will of the people. Should he refuse to give Jesus into their hands, a tumult would be raised, and this he feared to meet."

God in His Mercy & Love gave Pilot even further evidence by giving his wife a dream about the innocents of Jesus as recorded in Matthew 27:19, "When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him."[/size]

How sad it was that Pilot rejected the call of God to take a stand for Justice & Truth when he was so strongly impressed with the innocence of Jesus. He traded his eternal destiny for a brief time of earthly glory. How about the decisions that we are called upon to make every day? Are we choosing to honor Jesus or are we choosing to enjoy the short temporary pleasures of sin for a season?? 

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2020, 06:13:19 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Let us choose Jesus continually!!

Patience in trial, silence under abuse and mockery, and willingness to suffer and be strong are all divine attributes we see in Jesus. Oh, the more we behold Him the more we become like Him in mind and character! This is the great purpose of our existence--to glorify God by becoming like Him in a full heart surrender to His love. As we contemplate Christ who was before Herod, we see a divine Savior who would not utter a word in self-defense, who did not respond to all the abuse. He suffered for us as we deserve, so we could be treated as He deserves! What wondrous love is this!

"'Herod with his men of war set Him at nought, and mocked Him, and arrayed Him in a gorgeous robe.' The Roman soldiers joined in this abuse. All that these wicked, corrupt soldiers, helped on by Herod and the Jewish dignitaries, could instigate was heaped upon the Saviour. Yet His divine patience failed not." {The Desire of Ages, page 731, paragraph 2}

The more we realize what Christ went through, the more our trials sink into insignificance! Oh, the more we dwell upon Him who left heaven to save a sinner like me, the more I want to tell others of a love that will not let me go!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2020, 11:12:44 AM »
  Satan led the cruel mob in its abuse of the Saviour. It was his purpose to provoke Him to retaliation if possible, or to drive Him to perform a miracle to release Himself, and thus break up the plan of salvation. One stain upon His human life, one failure of His humanity to endure the terrible test, and the Lamb of God would have been an imperfect offering, and the redemption of man a failure. But He who by a command could bring the heavenly host to His aid--He who could have driven that mob in terror from His sight by the flashing forth of His divine majesty--submitted with perfect calmness to the coarsest insult and outrage.

Just think of where we would be today if Christ had yielded to just one temptation that Satan inflicted upon Him. Jesus did all this for our salvation. But many are turning away and resisting this offer just as they did so many centuries ago. I will never have to face the same affliction that our Saviour had to suffer but Satan has many ways to bring suffering upon us. When that happens I want to reveal the perfect calmness that comes from Christ dwelling with in. By His grace I will face the enemy with Jesus in control. 2020 has brought not just a storm but overlapping storms into my life that has tested my integrity. The struggle has been enormous and at times my heart was not where it should be. I'm so thankful for prayer and scripture that has kept me from yielding and gave me a way of escape.  This very chapter has been a great blessing to me through this experience. Nothing we could ever suffer comes close to the treatment Jesus received on our behalf. Let's never take our eyes off Jesus. He will see us through any difficulty that comes our way if we trust Him.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2020, 06:17:19 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon, Pastor Sean, and Sister Dorine. What we have before us is a lesson study in character. We see Pilot, a weak vacillating man who was willing to torture and crucify the innocent Son of God. And we read of Herod who at one time hated that he had to take of John the Baptist's head, but whose character had fallen to the point where he bragged about killing John and threatened Jesus. Character is always moving in one direction or the other.

Herod's conscience was now far less sensitive than when he had trembled with horror at the request of Herodias for the head of John the Baptist. For a time he had felt the keen stings of remorse for his terrible act; but his moral perceptions had become more and more degraded by his licentious life. Now his heart had become so hardened that he could even boast of the punishment he had inflicted upon John for daring to reprove him. And he now threatened Jesus, declaring repeatedly that he had power to release or to condemn Him.

And then we have the wonderful character of our Lord and Savior who patiently endured being treated as an animal by brute men who were being influenced by Satan and fallen angels.

No sooner were these words spoken than a rush was made for Christ. Like wild beasts, the crowd darted upon their prey. Jesus was dragged this way and that, Herod joining the mob in seeking to humiliate the Son of God. Had not the Roman soldiers interposed, and forced back the maddened throng, the Saviour would have been torn in pieces.   
     "Herod with his men of war set Him at nought, and mocked Him, and arrayed Him in a gorgeous robe." The Roman soldiers joined in this abuse. All that these wicked, corrupt soldiers, helped on by Herod and the Jewish dignitaries, could instigate was heaped upon the Saviour. Yet His divine patience failed not.   

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2020, 05:14:19 AM »
As Jesus walked through this world, so we are called to walk. While His faithfulness to the Father's will led Him to uncomplainingly endure the trials that led to His crucifixion, He was constantly exerting a heavenly influence for the kingdom that He came to establish. We are invited to surrender all of our hearts to Christ so He can establish His kingdom of grace in our hearts. This is only possible as we receive and appropriate truth to our lives and characters. As we learn of Christ in humility, learning what it is to be still and know that He is God, we can take the time necessary for His life and lessons to exert such power upon us that we gladly yield to Christ. I appreciate the lessons we can gather from beholding Christ's trial before Pilate, for we are all by nature vacillating and weak without Christ's truth in our hearts. We need a Savior, and Christ offers Himself freely to us today just as surely as He offered Himself before Pilate as a living witness of the kingdom that will never pass away.

"'My kingdom is not of this world,' He said; 'if My kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is My kingdom not from hence. Pilate therefore said unto Him, Art Thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Everyone that is of the truth heareth My voice.'" {The Desire of Ages, page 727, paragraph 2}
     "Christ affirmed that His word was in itself a key which would unlock the mystery to those who were prepared to receive it. It had a self-commending power, and this was the secret of the spread of His kingdom of truth. He desired Pilate to understand that only by receiving and appropriating truth could his ruined nature be reconstructed." {The Desire of Ages, page 727, paragraph 3}

Will you receive the word of God into your soul? Christ, the word, will accomplish all He promises in the lives of those who are willing and obedient. The fruit of truly learning of Christ and yielding our will to Christ is that He comes to take up the throne of the heart and casts out sin, fear, and guilt through the merits of His atoning blood, and then He imparts His Spirit so that love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance--all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing--will have an ever-widening influence in our lives so that we will be able, through Christ, to reveal what it is to live by the divine nature in every circumstance. Let us look upon Jesus and be transformed! This is the reason we exist (to bring God pleasure and to enjoy Him), and in Him we find life, and life more abundantly!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2020, 07:03:34 AM »
"His ruined nature be reconstructed."  Amen, that is the power of grace. When we accept the truth into our hearts, we are transformed in character. By beholding Christ we are changed into His image (character). 2 Cor. 3:18.

Today, I was amazed to see a shadow of the Sunday laws which will be enforced around the world very soon. There are evil angels working with those having political power to make such laws. But,  behind the governments, not only evil angels are at work, but religious leaders are planning how to bring about this religious law that is aimed at God's people. Israel is an ensample for those whom the end of the world is come upon, us. Let us learn from what we read today.

The priests were in a dilemma. They saw that they must cloak their hypocrisy under the thickest concealment. They must not allow it to appear that Christ had been arrested on religious grounds. Were this put forward as a reason, their proceedings would have no weight with Pilate. They must make it appear that Jesus was working against the common law; then He could be punished as a political offender. Tumults and insurrection against the Roman government were constantly arising among the Jews. With these revolts the Romans had dealt very rigorously, and they were constantly on the watch to repress everything that could lead to an outbreak. 

Yes, there is a movement by the "beast power" to conceal their hypocrisy. They are attempting to cloak their Sunday law that it may not be seen as a "religious" law. Instead it is a day for the Earth to rest that CO2 be reduced to save "mother earth." The "green sabbath" is being accepted by the world for many reasons. To some it makes no difference which day it is, but from a practical matter, it will have to be the same day. Who will oppose the Sun day? Only those who love God and keep His commandments.

There are some today who do not understand that they are setting up what we have read this morning. "Tumults and insurrection against the Roman government were constantly arising among the Jews." Can this be said about God's church today?  There are those who make treasonous charges against the governments of this world. It come back to bite us in the future. We need to be careful what we say that the world will know we are as "lambs" not wolves. The countenance of Christ reflected His character as He stood before the authorities who would condemn Him. Can this be said of you and me? Yes, if we have given the whole heart to Christ. Love, joy, and peace will be seen in the faces of all who are truly converted, whose ruined nature has been reconstructed by God's grace.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2020, 08:48:18 AM »
Pilate yielded to the demands of the mob. Rather than risk losing his position, he delivered Jesus up to be crucified. But in spite of his precautions, the very thing he dreaded afterward came upon him. His honors were stripped from him, he was cast down from his high office, and, stung by remorse and wounded pride, not long after the crucifixion he ended his own life. So all who compromise with sin will gain only sorrow and ruin. "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Proverbs 14:12.

The beauty of Jesus permeates this chapter and gives hope and assurance. Although this is a profound warning it shows that we are given a choice. Serve self and come to eternal loss or serve God and enjoy eternal peace and bliss with Him. I never want to slap Him in the face by rejecting His sacrificial offering for my salvation.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2020, 10:37:14 AM »
" Pilate looked at the men who had Jesus in charge, and then his gaze rested searchingly on Jesus. He had had to deal with all kinds of criminals; but never before had a man bearing marks of such goodness and nobility been brought before him. On His face he saw no sign of guilt, no expression of fear, no boldness or defiance. He saw a man of calm and dignified bearing, whose countenance bore not the marks of a criminal, but the signature of heaven."

We all should know that in the closing scenes of this world's history those who are true to God will likewise be brought before the great courts of this world to give an answer for their faith. I pray that when that time comes it may be said of us as was described about Jesus in the paragraph above. This will be possible "IF" day by day we are spending time with Jesus in His Word and putting into practice every aspect of His Word in our daily lives as did Jesus when He was on earth. Only then will we be filled with the Holy Spirit and be able to bear the same kind of witness and have no fear of what man may do to us.

Psalm 23:4 says: "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2020, 06:23:23 AM »
Is it not amazing that Pilot knowing Jesus was innocent, and did not want to punish Him, still tortured and murdered Him? I find it also interesting and of importance for us to understand Pilot wanted to know truth which is the key to a changed life. Yet, his golden opportunity was lost and so was he.

Christ affirmed that His word was in itself a key which would unlock the mystery to those who were prepared to receive it. It had a self-commending power, and this was the secret of the spread of His kingdom of truth. He desired Pilate to understand that only by receiving and appropriating truth could his ruined nature be reconstructed.  
     Pilate had a desire to know the truth. His mind was confused. He eagerly grasped the words of the Saviour, and his heart was stirred with a great longing to know what it really was, and how he could obtain it. "What is truth?" he inquired. But he did not wait for an answer. The tumult outside recalled him to the interests of the hour; for the priests were clamorous for immediate action. Going out to the Jews, he declared emphatically, "I find in Him no fault at all."   

Here we read of a point in time when Pilot's choice could have saved him, but instead sealed his fate forever. That still small voice is speaking to us today, calling us to know the truth of the great love God has for each of us. Will we make the right choice? Will we learn of Him who gave all that we might live eternally with Him in a world where there is no sorrow, tears, or death? It is our choice to make. What we do today will in great measure decide what we will do tomorrow. Character is being formed.

Dorine

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2020, 07:25:15 AM »
"Satan led the cruel mob in its abuse of the Saviour. It was his purpose to provoke Him to retaliation if possible, or to drive Him to perform a miracle to release Himself, and thus break up the plan of salvation. One stain upon His human life, one failure of His humanity to endure the terrible test, and the Lamb of God would have been an imperfect offering, and the redemption of man a failure. But He who by a command could bring the heavenly host to His aid--He who could have driven that mob in terror from His sight by the flashing forth of His divine majesty--submitted with perfect calmness to the coarsest insult and outrage."

I join with what Richard often writes; "Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!  Words fail me as I contemplate the ordeal Jesus passed through just so you and I might have a home with Him forever.

Beacon

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2020, 07:49:44 AM »
"If at the first Pilate had stood firm, refusing to condemn a man whom he found guiltless, he would have broken the fatal chain that was to bind him in remorse and guilt as long as he lived. Had he carried out his convictions of right, the Jews would not have presumed to dictate to him. Christ would have been put to death, but the guilt would not have rested upon Pilate. But Pilate had taken step after step in the violation of his conscience. He had excused himself from judging with justice and equity, and he now found himself almost helpless in the hands of the priests and rulers. His wavering and indecision proved his ruin. "

Why did Pilate Fail?? "Because Step by Step, in Violation of his Conscience, he had "excused himself from judging with Justice & Equity". Friends this is so important for Us to understand!! Life's destiny is made up of Choices, Moment by Moment - Hour by Hour - Day by Day we are making Choices that will determine our Eternal Destiny.  Are we reinforcing our Spiritual Life Day by Day, Hour by Hour, & Moment by Moment?? or we so busy chasing the things of this world that Jesus is Crowded Out? The devil knows the Lateness of the Hour for this world. He knows that if he can keep us so BUSY = ( Being Under Satan's Yoke " ) That we will FAIL to make the right choices when brought into testing circumstances.

A friend of mine wrote these words in my autograph book during my academy days.

YOUR LIFE LIES BEFORE YOU
LIKE A FIELD OF PURE WHITE SNOW.
BE CAREFUL HOW YOU STEP ON IT,
FOR EVERY STEP WILL SHOW. ........

I pray that each of "OUR STEPS" will meet the "Approval of the One we claim to Love", So that when our testing time happens we will without hesitation stand "TALL" and bring Honor & Glory to the One Who Gave His Life For Us.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2020, 11:16:56 AM »
Amen, Brother Richard, Sister Dorine, and Brother Beacon!

Our witness depends not so much upon what we say as upon what we are. Jesus' real character shone forth in His countenance and brought conviction to Pilate. Let us so deeply commune with God in these closing moments of earth's history that our countenances will reflect the loveliness of Jesus whom we may behold continually by grace through faith. His life is to be our experience; He died for our sins, and now He offers us His righteousness. When Christ is abiding in the heart moved by divine grace, it is because we have yielded our will to Him and chosen to allow the Holy Spirit to shape our characters, reflecting all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as He guides our lives in harmonious obedience to the Ten Commandments.

"Standing behind Pilate, in view of all in the court, Christ heard the abuse; but to all the false charges against Him He answered not a word. His whole bearing gave evidence of conscious innocence. He stood unmoved by the fury of the waves that beat about Him. It was as if the heavy surges of wrath, rising higher and higher, like the waves of the boisterous ocean, broke about Him, but did not touch Him. He stood silent, but His silence was eloquence. It was as a light shining from the inner to the outer man." {The Desire of Ages, page 726, paragraph 3}   

As our world becomes increasingly violent and immoral, let us ever remember how Christ treated everyone during His unjust trial. He was patient, calm and self-possessed, and He offers us the same experience by union and communion with Him! May His longing of soul for the salvation of those around us lead us to graciously reflect Jesus and present the present truth for this time, for Jesus is coming again in power and great glory!

Beacon

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2020, 06:11:23 AM »
" Pilate looked at the men who had Jesus in charge, and then his gaze rested searchingly on Jesus. He had had to deal with all kinds of criminals;...

..but never before had a man bearing marks of such goodness and nobility been brought before him.

..On His face he saw no sign of guilt, no expression of fear, no boldness or defiance. He saw a man of calm and dignified bearing, whose countenance bore not the marks of a criminal, but the signature of heaven."

We all should know that in the closing scenes of this world's history those who are true to God will likewise be brought before the great courts of this world to give an answer for their faith. I pray that when that time comes it may be said of us as was described about Jesus in the paragraph above. This will be possible "IF" day by day we are spending time with Jesus in His Word and putting into practice every aspect of His Word in our daily lives as did Jesus when He was on earth. Only then will we be filled with the Holy Spirit and be able to bear the same kind of witness and have no fear of what man may do to us.

Psalm 23:4 says: "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2020, 06:14:44 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean and Brother Beacon! Not just what we say, but our countenance will be a reflection of who we are and who we serve!

So many lessons in today's reading. Just a short sentence here, but look at how much is said. "When Pilate declared himself innocent of the blood of Christ, Caiaphas answered defiantly, "His blood be on us, and on our children." The awful words were taken up by the priests and rulers, and echoed by the crowd in an inhuman roar of voices."

Pilot, innocent?  He knew better than that. But, he was unwilling to give up his position, so he murdered the Son of God. And, how about Caiaphas and the Jews? We have no king but Caesar? And, His blood be on us and our children? That curse has followed them through the ages and will continue until the end.

And, there is a statement made that has special importance for us in our day.

Pilate was filled with amazement at the uncomplaining patience of the Saviour. He did not doubt that the sight of this Man, in contrast with Barabbas, would move the Jews to sympathy. But he did not understand the fanatical hatred of the priests for Him, who, as the Light of the world, had made manifest their darkness and error. They had moved the mob to a mad fury, and again priests, rulers, and people raised that awful cry, "Crucify Him, crucify Him." At last, losing all patience with their unreasoning cruelty, Pilate cried out despairingly, "Take ye Him, and crucify Him: for I find no fault in Him."   

We see here the influence of the religious upon the state. We know that the church professing to serve Christ will call for the execution of a religious law demanding that we serve the laws of man rather than the law of God regarding how we worship. Why the great demand for such a state law regarding when we rest from our work? And how strong are the feelings behind making such a law? And what will be the end of such a law?

Look again at the statement quoted as to why Pilot yielded. He became impatient with their unreasoning cruelty. So it will be in our future. There will be a religious movement that will be without reason and it will be just as cruel. As in the past, many will be tortured and murdered by those whose darkness and error will be revealed. They have no justification for their demand to worship on the wrong day. Their hatred for those whose example and teaching points our their error will be as we have read today. Let us continue in our search for truth and our desire to witness the truth by living what we believe and teach. Let our faces reflect the love that our Savior has for us.

Dorine

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2020, 07:06:57 AM »
"Pilate yielded to the demands of the mob. Rather than risk losing his position, he delivered Jesus up to be crucified. But in spite of his precautions, the very thing he dreaded afterward came upon him. His honors were stripped from him, he was cast down from his high office, and, stung by remorse and wounded pride, not long after the crucifixion he ended his own life. So all who compromise with sin will gain only sorrow and ruin. "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Proverbs 14:12."

Pride! It is a wicked thing and leads only to destruction. There will be sacrifice and suffering as we take up our cross and follow Jesus but it's for a short time compared to eternity. As we walk with Jesus again today our hearts will be at peace for His yoke is easy and His burden light.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2020, 08:59:28 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Brother Richard, and Sister Dorine!

What a Savior we have in Jesus! As He endured His trial uncomplainingly, He offers us the same experience through union and communion with Him as we yield the whole heart to Him today for Him to purify and make white as snow, and then all of the fruits of the Spirit will flow forth from our lives because Christ is on the throne of the heart!

"Christ's enemies had demanded a miracle as evidence of His divinity. They had evidence far greater than any they had sought. As their cruelty degraded His torturers below humanity into the likeness of Satan, so did His meekness and patience exalt Jesus above humanity, and prove His kinship to God. His abasement was the pledge of His exaltation. The blood drops of agony that from His wounded temples flowed down His face and beard were the pledge of His anointing with 'the oil of gladness' (Hebrews 1:9.) as our great high priest." {The Desire of Ages, page 734, paragraph 4}

We can be glad as we approach the last days, for every trial only gives God a greater opportunity to reveal through His converted children His true character in its beauty and glory. We have nothing to fear for the future except as we shall forget the way the Lord has led us and His teaching in our past history. Jesus' perfect sacrifice and witness amid His trial is a promise of what we may experience when brought to trial, knowing that whether we die or live until Jesus returns, we may entrust the keeping of our souls to God who holds all destinies in His hands and leads us in the way that is best!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2021, 03:31:56 AM »
Happy Sabbath!!

There is a perfect example of how God's people can face the anarchy and confusion of the last days that is increasing rapidly. We see in Jesus' character a living invitation to abide in His patience that is the outflow of the divine nature accessible to us by the "exceeding great and precious promises" of God (2 Peter 1:4), thus linking us with all of the fruits of "the Spirit" without one missing (Galatians 5:22-23) as long as we are completely surrendered to have Christ live in us, "the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27)! Accepting Christ's cleansing blood in the experience of true repentance, the Holy Spirit produces in us a "new heart" (Ezekiel 36:26) so that the fallen nature in league with the evil heart of unbelief that is "deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked" (Jeremiah 17:9) will not be manifest even by a thought to corrupt the witness that Christ will produce in those who look unto Him as the "Author and Finisher" (Hebrews 12:2) of the genuine faith experience that led Him to Calvary to die as our Sacrifice and offer us an eternity with Him!

"'Herod with his men of war set Him at nought, and mocked Him, and arrayed Him in a gorgeous robe.' The Roman soldiers joined in this abuse. All that these wicked, corrupt soldiers, helped on by Herod and the Jewish dignitaries, could instigate was heaped upon the Saviour. Yet His divine patience failed not." {The Desire of Ages, page 731, paragraph 2}

When the storm of temptation seems beyond your capacity to bear, behold Jesus in His exceedingly great loveliness of character; yield fully to Him and let Him live out His life within you! He will keep you from falling because His grace is stronger than sin, and His power is greater than that of Satan who was defeated at Calvary when Christ proclaimed "It is finished" (John 19:30). May you today let Christ fulfill His promises in you as you look away from yourself to His word that cannot fail and that will not pass away!   

Dorine

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2021, 06:17:08 AM »
"When Christ shall come to the earth again, not as a prisoner surrounded by a rabble will men see Him. They will see Him then as heaven's King. Christ will come in His own glory, in the glory of His Father, and the glory of the holy angels. Ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands of angels, the beautiful and triumphant sons of God, possessing surpassing loveliness and glory, will escort Him on His way. Then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory, and before Him shall be gathered all nations. Then every eye shall see Him, and they also that pierced Him. In the place of a crown of thorns, He will wear a crown of glory,--a crown within a crown. In place of that old purple kingly robe, He will be clothed in raiment of whitest white, "so as no fuller on earth can white them." Mark 9:3. And on His vesture and on His thigh a name will be written, "King of kings, and Lord of lords." Revelation 19:16.

I keep this vision before me as I contemplate the life of Christ especially these closing scenes. What an example of true love and majesty. It pierces my soul to know that my sins caused such agony to my dear Saviour but the reason He chose to go through all of this fills my heart with joy and thanksgiving. May our lives radiate to others the love that He has shown to us. I love Him so!

Beacon

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2021, 08:48:15 AM »
"If at the first Pilate had stood firm, refusing to condemn a man whom he found guiltless, he would have broken the fatal chain that was to bind him in remorse and guilt as long as he lived..

Had he carried out his convictions of right, the Jews would not have presumed to dictate to him..

..Christ would have been put to death, but the guilt would not have rested upon Pilate. But Pilate had taken step after step in the violation of his conscience. He had excused himself from judging with justice and equity, and he now found himself almost helpless in the hands of the priests and rulers.

Why did Pilate Fail?? "Because Step by Step, in Violation of his Conscience, he had "excused himself from judging with Justice & Equity". Friends this is so important for Us to understand!! Life's destiny is made up of Choices,

Moment by Moment - Hour by Hour - Day by Day we are making Choices that will determine our Eternal Destiny.  Are we reinforcing our Spiritual Life Day by Day, Hour by Hour, & Moment by Moment?? or we so busy chasing the things of this world that Jesus is Crowded Out? The devil knows the Lateness of the Hour for this world. He knows that if he can keep us so BUSY = ( Being Under Satan's Yoke " ) That we will FAIL to make the right choices when brought into testing circumstances

Dear Friends, Let us seek the Lord while He may be found. May our song ever be "Take My Life and Let It Be Consecrated Lord To Thee." so that when it's our turn to Stand Tall For Jesus we will remain faithful to end.

HAPPY SABBATH TO ALL THE FAMILY OF GOD