Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--72--In Rememberance of Me  (Read 21044 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--72--In Rememberance of Me
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2022, 11:37:02 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean!  We must eat His flesh and drink His blood. By partaking of the Lord's Supper we are reminded of His great sacrifice. As Brother Philip has stated "
Oh, the boundless love of Christ!"

Looking upon the crucified Redeemer, we more fully comprehend the magnitude and meaning of the sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven. The plan of salvation is glorified before us, and the thought of Calvary awakens living and sacred emotions in our hearts. Praise to God and the Lamb will be in our hearts and on our lips; for pride and self-worship cannot flourish in the soul that keeps fresh in memory the scenes of Calvary.   

That's right, it is an emotional thing to behold Jesus hanging on the cross when we understand the stripes He took belong to us.

He who beholds the Saviour's matchless love will be elevated in thought, purified in heart, transformed in character. He will go forth to be a light to the world, to reflect in some degree this mysterious love. The more we contemplate the cross of Christ, the more fully shall we adopt the language of the apostle when he said, "God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." Galatians 6:14. 

It is my prayer that the number of those reading with us will increase that they might not only better understand the plan of salvation and what conversion is, but by beholding His grace daily become changed into His image (2 Cor. 3:18). He who beholds the Saviour's matchless love will be elevated in thought, purified in heart, transformed in character. In all who make a whole surrender to Jesus, there is no unknown pride in the heart. It is purified by the presence of the third Person of the godhead, the Holy Spirit who is Christ's representative. It is by His grace that this takes place. Pride and self-worship cannot flourish in the soul that keeps fresh in memory the scenes of Calvary.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2023, 08:00:39 PM »
"He who beholds the Saviour's matchless love will be elevated in thought, purified in heart."

"They also will be transformed in character."

"They will go forth to be a light to the world."
"Reflecting in some degree this mysterious love."

"The more we contemplate the cross of Christ, the more fully shall we adopt the language of the apostle when he said...."

"God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." Galatians 6:14.

Here we see that it is only when we spend that thoughtful hour or more each day with Jesus that we will be able to fully reflect to others God's Amazing Love and Grace. An automobile may look very attractive but will not be of any benefit to anyone when the gas tank is empty or the battery is dead.

=====================

Beneath the cross of Jesus
  I fain would take my stand,
The shadow of a mighty Rock
  Within a weary land;
A home within the wilderness,
  A rest upon the way,
From the burning of the noontide heat,
  And the burden of the day.
Oh, safe and happy shelter!
  Oh, refuge tried and sweet!
Oh, trysting place where heaven’s love
  And heaven’s justice meet.
As to the holy patriarch
  That wondrous dream was given,
So is my Savior by the cross
  A ladder up to heaven.
There lies beneath its shadow,
  But on the farther side,
The darkness of an awful grave
  That gapes both deep and wide;
And there between us stands the cross,
  Two arms outstretched to save,
Like a watchman set to guard the way
  From that eternal grave.
Upon that cross of Jesus
  Mine eye at times can see
The very dying form of One,
  Who suffered there for me;
And from my smitten heart, with tears,
  Two wonders I confess,
The wonders of His glorious love,
  And my own worthlessness.
I take, O cross, thy shadow
  For my abiding place;
I ask no other sunshine than
  The sunshine of His face;
Content to let the world go by,
  To know no gain nor loss,
My sinful self my only shame,
  My glory all the cross.

Lyrics:Elizabeth Cecilia Clephane (1830-1869)
Music:Frederick Charles Maker (1844-1927
)
Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2023, 05:24:54 AM »
  "Our Lord says, Under conviction of sin, remember that I died for you. When oppressed and persecuted and afflicted for My sake and the gospel's, remember My love, so great that for you I gave My life. When your duties appear stern and severe, and your burdens too heavy to bear, remember that for your sake I endured the cross, despising the shame. When your heart shrinks from the trying ordeal, remember that your Redeemer liveth to make intercession for you.      
The Communion service points to Christ's second coming. It was designed to keep this hope vivid in the minds of the disciples."

May the communion service become more meaningful to us as we understand more fully the reason Jesus gave it to us. What love and encouragement is given to us as we take up our cross daily. Jesus is coming so very soon. It makes my heart heavy to hear people say, "Oh we've been saying that for years."; not realizing that it is because of His great love for us, not wanting any to perish that He waits. Look how long He waited for Judas to repent. Judas refused and we know His end which brought agony to the heart of Jesus. He's waiting for a church that will reflect His character perfectly. Let's keep looking up, trusting completely in Jesus and helping others along the way to know Him too.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2023, 09:55:17 AM »
Amen, and how long was He patient with Israel of Old and modern day Israel?  What a Savior!!

Christ by the Holy Spirit is there to set the seal to His own ordinance. He is there to convict and soften the heart. Not a look, not a thought of contrition, escapes His notice. For the repentant, brokenhearted one He is waiting. All things are ready for that soul's reception. He who washed the feet of Judas longs to wash every heart from the stain of sin.   

And as Brother Beacon has pointed out, the heart given fully to Christ is purified and the character transformed. What a miracle that Christ can cleanse our carnal filthy hearts!!

Blood on the Floor

When I opened the bathroom door,

I saw tiny, bloody tracks on the floor.

They had been left by my pet rabbit.

Whose claw I had tried to trim.

As I was cleaning the dried, bloody tracks,

I was truly sorry for what I had done by accident.

I wondered what thoughts I would have,

If I were cleaning the blood-stained path,

Leading to Calvary.

How much worse would I feel,

Cleaning the blood from the Master's trail?

Knowing my sins had led Him there.

Knowing He had shed His blood for me.

Loren Hackerott
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2023, 11:53:01 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard!!

What if you ate every meal with the realization that it was purchased with the blood of Jesus?

"Our Lord has said, 'Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood, ye have no life in you.... For My flesh is meat indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.' John 6:53-55. This is true of our physical nature. To the death of Christ we owe even this earthly life. The bread we eat is the purchase of His broken body. The water we drink is bought by His spilled blood. Never one, saint or sinner, eats his daily food, but he is nourished by the body and the blood of Christ. The cross of Calvary is stamped on every loaf. It is reflected in every water spring. All this Christ has taught in appointing the emblems of His great sacrifice. The light shining from that Communion service in the upper chamber makes sacred the provisions for our daily life. The family board becomes as the table of the Lord, and every meal a sacrament." {The Desire of Ages, page 660, paragraph 3}

As we come to more fully appreciate what Christ has done for us and how our daily blessings are dependent upon Him, what love, joy and peace (along with all of the fruits of the Spirit, without one missing), can flow forth from our character experience when we continually surrender all we have and are to Him! True obedience is the fruit of faith that works by love and reveals an ever-living Savior abiding in us! He is preparing a place for us in heaven as our High Priest, giving us the final gospel proclamation to prepare the world for His coming (Revelation 14:6-14), and desires all to be saved (1 Timothy 2:3-4). Praise God for all Jesus is to us!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2023, 07:25:32 AM »
Amen my dear friends.  The ordinance of the Lord's Supper was given to commemorate the great deliverance wrought out as the result of the death of Christ. Till He shall come the second time in power and glory, this ordinance is to be celebrated. It is the means by which His great work for us is to be kept fresh in our minds.  We are a forgetful people. We need to be constantly reminded what Christ has suffered on our account. As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so was the Son of Man lifted up. By beholding His stripes we will be healed. The carnal heart will be purified and we will be transformed into His image (2 Cor. 3:18). Sinners will be transformed into saints.

He who beholds the Saviour's matchless love will be elevated in thought, purified in heart, transformed in character. He will go forth to be a light to the world, to reflect in some degree this mysterious love. The more we contemplate the cross of Christ, the more fully shall we adopt the language of the apostle when he said, "God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." Galatians 6:14. 

Would it not be good then to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Jesus?

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2023, 03:21:31 PM »
Amen, Brother Richard!! We look forward to the day when Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon are with us, posting and sharing the blessings they are receiving from these wonderful truths about Jesus! And any who are reading with us, we would love for you to be registered and to start posting, too! Feel free to email at administrator@remnant-online.com to get registered and start posting soon!!

Take a sip of water. Eat a piece of bread. But take a moment to think about how valuable that water and bread is to you. It cost Someone a lot to make it freely accessible to you. Since sin entered our world, we have deserved death, for "the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23). But praise God for Jesus, who stepped in to to our human race to be born as our Brother, lived a perfect life as our Example, offered His life for us at the cross as our Substitute, and is now interceding as our High Priest in the sanctuary in heaven to prepare us to be with Him for eternity as He returns soon in glory as our King! God is so generous to us in Christ! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be seen in our lives as we surrender our heart fully to Christ, renounce every sin that the Holy Spirit reveals, and willingly walk in the path of obedience that God leads us into by His grace!

"Our Lord has said, 'Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood, ye have no life in you.... For My flesh is meat indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.' John 6:53-55. This is true of our physical nature. To the death of Christ we owe even this earthly life. The bread we eat is the purchase of His broken body. The water we drink is bought by His spilled blood. Never one, saint or sinner, eats his daily food, but he is nourished by the body and the blood of Christ. The cross of Calvary is stamped on every loaf. It is reflected in every water spring. All this Christ has taught in appointing the emblems of His great sacrifice. The light shining from that Communion service in the upper chamber makes sacred the provisions for our daily life. The family board becomes as the table of the Lord, and every meal a sacrament." {The Desire of Ages, page 660, paragraph 3}

Oh, what a blessing it is to realize how much Jesus has done for us and allow Him to motivate us to even greater appreciation for all He has given us by His sacrifice, and the light of His love shining upon us from His word! Keep looking to Jesus!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2023, 08:18:12 PM »
"Wonderful had been the long-suffering of Jesus in His dealing with the tempted soul of Judas."

" Nothing that could be done to save Judas had been left undone."

"After he had twice covenanted to betray his Lord, Jesus still gave him opportunity for repentance. "

"By reading the secret purpose of the traitor's heart, Christ gave to Judas the final, convincing evidence of His divinity."

"This was to the false disciple the last call to repentance. "

No appeal that the divine-human heart of Christ could make had been spared.

"The waves of mercy, beaten back by stubborn pride, returned in a stronger tide of subduing love."

"But although surprised and alarmed at the discovery of his guilt, Judas became only the more determined. From the sacramental supper he went out to complete the work of betrayal."

There is a line that is drawn by rejecting our Lord.....I pray that when "WE" hear His voice calling us we will say " Here am I Lord,take me , mold me  and make me wholly thine.

=============================

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
    For me, You were mocked and crucified;
For me, willingly You bled and died.
Lord, my life and love I willingly outpour
And will serve You evermore.
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Lyrics:Frances Ridley Havergal (1836-1879)
Music:H.A.Malan (1787-1864)

Dorine

« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2023, 04:42:34 AM »
  "He who beholds the Saviour's matchless love will be elevated in thought, purified in heart, transformed in character. He will go forth to be a light to the world, to reflect in some degree this mysterious love. The more we contemplate the cross of Christ, the more fully shall we adopt the language of the apostle when he said, "God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." Galatians 6:14.

Only Jesus can produce this mysterious love. It does not come naturally to man. When we follow Jesus in the hours leading up to and including the cross we are humbled and yearn for a heart like His. My prayer this morning is that like Paul I will glory in nothing but the cross. Surrendering all to Jesus is not easy but when we come into that fellowship with Him we are made one with Him. When we are one with Him we look different, talk different, think different and we love others as Jesus does.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2023, 06:31:37 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

"Looking upon the crucified Redeemer, we more fully comprehend the magnitude and meaning of the sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven. The plan of salvation is glorified before us, and the thought of Calvary awakens living and sacred emotions in our hearts. Praise to God and the Lamb will be in our hearts and on our lips; for pride and self-worship cannot flourish in the soul that keeps fresh in memory the scenes of Calvary." {The Desire of Ages, page 661, paragraph 2}

Look and live! Jesus living in you by the Holy Spirit produces love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance without one fruit of the Spirit missing as long as you maintain a living union and communion with Christ! By receiving and acting upon His word, the character becomes more and more like Jesus, for by beholding we become changed!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2023, 08:50:35 AM »
What joy to read the thoughts of my brothers and sister! Here we see unity of Spirit and doctrine! This is the desire of our Savior for our church. It will only be when there is revival and reformation and the church is no longer in the Laodicean condition. The destiny of the church hangs on the Laodicean message.

It is amazing how God arranges things. Tomorrow our church is celebrating the Lord's Supper.

Our Lord has said, "Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood, ye have no life in you. . . . For My flesh is meat indeed, and My blood is drink indeed." John 6:53-55. This is true of our physical nature. To the death of Christ we owe even this earthly life. The bread we eat is the purchase of His broken body. The water we drink is bought by His spilled blood. Never one, saint or sinner, eats his daily food, but he is nourished by the body and the blood of Christ. The cross of Calvary is stamped on every loaf. It is reflected in every water spring. All this Christ has taught in appointing the emblems of His great sacrifice. The light shining from that Communion service in the upper chamber makes sacred the provisions for our daily life. The family board becomes as the table of the Lord, and every meal a sacrament....As we receive the bread and wine symbolizing Christ's broken body and spilled blood, we in imagination join in the scene of Communion in the upper chamber. We seem to be passing through the garden consecrated by the agony of Him who bore the sins of the world. We witness the struggle by which our reconciliation with God was obtained. Christ is set forth crucified among us.   
     Looking upon the crucified Redeemer, we more fully comprehend the magnitude and meaning of the sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven. The plan of salvation is glorified before us, and the thought of Calvary awakens living and sacred emotions in our hearts. Praise to God and the Lamb will be in our hearts and on our lips; for pride and self-worship cannot flourish in the soul that keeps fresh in memory the scenes of Calvary.

We do not have to wait for the communion service, every Sabbath and every day we can look upon our crucified Redeemer and there will be awakened in our hearts living and sacred emotions. It is the love of God, His grace that is the power that transforms sinners into saints. Let this be our experience today and every day! Have a blessed
Sabbath our dear friends.

Beacon

« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2023, 08:09:59 PM »
" The light shining from that Communion service in the upper chamber makes sacred the provisions for our daily life."

"As we receive the bread and wine symbolizing Christ's broken body and spilled blood, we in imagination join in the scene of Communion in the upper chamber. We seem to be passing through the garden consecrated by the agony of Him who bore the sins of the world. We witness the struggle by which our reconciliation with God was obtained. Christ is set forth crucified among us."

"Looking upon the crucified Redeemer, we more fully comprehend the magnitude and meaning of the sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven."

"The plan of salvation is glorified before us, and the thought of Calvary awakens living and sacred emotions in our hearts".

"Praise to God and the Lamb will be in our hearts and on our lips; for pride and self-worship cannot flourish in the soul that keeps fresh in memory the scenes of Calvary."

Are "WE" taking time throughout each day to praise the Lord for His many blessings?? or are '"WE" too Busy.== Being Under Satan's Yoke ??

===================
Take time to behold Him,
  Speak oft with Thy Lord,
Abide in Him always,
  And feed on His Word.
Wait thou in His presence,
  Submissive and meek,
Forgetting in nothing
  His blessing to seek.
Take time to behold Him,
  The world rushes on;
Spend much time in secret
  With Jesus alone.
By looking to Jesus
  Like Him thou shalt be;
Thy friends, in thy conduct,
  His likeness shall see.
Take time to behold Him,
  Let Him be thy guide;
And run not before Him
  Whatever betide;
In joy or in sorrow
  Still follow thy Lord,
And, looking to Jesus,
  Still trust in His Word.
Take time to behold Him,
  Be calm in thy soul,
Each thought and each temper
  Beneath His control.
Thus led by His Spirit
  To fountains of love,
Thou then shalt be fitted
  His mercy to prove.

Lyrics:Adapted from William Dunn Longstaff (1822-1894)
Music:George Coles Stebbins (1846-1945)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2023, 06:07:38 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon. By beholding we become transformed from sinner to saint, reflecting the character of our Savior. What does the communion service have to do with this?

As we receive the bread and wine symbolizing Christ's broken body and spilled blood, we in imagination join in the scene of Communion in the upper chamber. We seem to be passing through the garden consecrated by the agony of Him who bore the sins of the world. We witness the struggle by which our reconciliation with God was obtained. Christ is set forth crucified among us.   

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2023, 06:41:39 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Praise the Lord, Brother Richard, that we can be unified in sharing "amen" and encouragement in the truth as it is in Jesus as we uplift Him together!

Keep looking. Continue to spend time daily with Jesus and let His love transform your heart! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be revealed in the life that is completely surrendered to Christ! He is able to empower us to true obedience to all of His commandments as the outflow of a loving relationship with Him!

"Looking upon the crucified Redeemer, we more fully comprehend the magnitude and meaning of the sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven. The plan of salvation is glorified before us, and the thought of Calvary awakens living and sacred emotions in our hearts. Praise to God and the Lamb will be in our hearts and on our lips; for pride and self-worship cannot flourish in the soul that keeps fresh in memory the scenes of Calvary." {The Desire of Ages, page 661, paragraph 2}

The cross of Christ draws us. Jesus Himself said, "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto Me" (John 12:32). The original language does not have "men" in it, as Christ's sacrifice not only draws us, but the angels and all the inhabitants of the unfallen worlds!

Beacon

« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2024, 08:08:09 PM »
"Looking upon the crucified Redeemer, we more fully comprehend the magnitude and meaning of the sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven"

"The plan of salvation is glorified before us, and the thought of Calvary awakens living and sacred emotions in our hearts. Praise to God and the Lamb will be in our hearts and on our lips; for

"He who beholds the Saviour's matchless love will be elevated in thought, purified in heart, transformed in character."

"He will go forth to be a light to the world, to reflect in some degree this mysterious love.

"The more we contemplate the cross of Christ, the more fully shall we adopt the language of the apostle when he said, "God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." Galatians 6:14"

Are "WE" taking the time to contemplate the Cross of Christ??  Remember....He who fails to prepare, prepares to fail. Perhaps this would be a good time for some personal introspection?? Will "WE" be found Wanting??

============================
Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father’s wise bestowment,
I’ve no cause for worry or for fear.
He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,
Gives unto each day what He deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.
Every day the Lord Himself is near me,
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counsellor and Pow’r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
“As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,”
This the pledge to me He made.
Help me then, in every tribulation,
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith’s sweet consolation,
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E’er to take, as from a father’s hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till with Christ the Lord I stand.

Lyrics:Lina Sandell; Translated by A. L. Skoog
Music:Oscar Ahnfeldt

Philip T

« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2024, 04:04:55 AM »
  Wonderful had been the long-suffering of Jesus in His dealing with this tempted soul. Nothing that could be done to save Judas had been left undone. After he had twice covenanted to betray his Lord, Jesus still gave him opportunity for repentance. By reading the secret purpose of the traitor's heart, Christ gave to Judas the final, convincing evidence of His divinity. This was to the false disciple the last call to repentance. No appeal that the divine-human heart of Christ could make had been spared. The waves of mercy, beaten back by stubborn pride, returned in a stronger tide of subduing love. But although surprised and alarmed at the discovery of his guilt, Judas became only the more determined. From the sacramental supper he went out to complete the work of betrayal.   

Jesus did everything He could to bring Judas to surrender, and repentance of the sin in his life. We see ultimately it was Judas choice whether he surrendered or continued in his path of betrayal and sin. He chose to walk away for Christ. Christ did not force him to stay or leave, he chose to walk away from his Lord's love.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2024, 06:01:51 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Philip!

Let us keep fresh before us the great sacrifice of Christ! By beholding the loveliness of His character and surrendering fully to Him, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will flow forth from our lives in true obedience to all of God's commandments! Jesus will live in us, the hope of glory!

"He who beholds the Saviour's matchless love will be elevated in thought, purified in heart, transformed in character. He will go forth to be a light to the world, to reflect in some degree this mysterious love. The more we contemplate the cross of Christ, the more fully shall we adopt the language of the apostle when he said, 'God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.' Galatians 6:14." {The Desire of Ages, page 661, paragraph 3}

May we ever make Christ the center of our lives and focus, not self. Christ is able to subdue us to Himself by the Holy Spirit as we continue to dwell upon His infinite love and share that with the world.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2024, 09:23:38 AM »
Amen my dear brothers. Day By day if we would behold the love of God we would be transformed in character.

Beacon

« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2024, 08:07:41 PM »
"Nothing that could be done to save Judas had been left undone."

"After he had twice covenanted to betray his Lord, Jesus still gave him opportunity for repentance."

"By reading the secret purpose of the traitor's heart, Christ gave to Judas the final, convincing evidence of His divinity."

"This was to the false disciple the last call to repentance."

"No appeal that the divine-human heart of Christ could make had been spared."

"The waves of mercy, beaten back by stubborn pride, returned in a stronger tide of subduing love."

"But although surprised and alarmed at the discovery of his guilt, Judas became only the more determined. From the sacramental supper he went out to complete the work of betrayal."

What a heart breaking end for Jesus!!  Every time one of "US" reacts the same way Judas did, it brings heartache to Jesus. I'm choosing to bring JOY to Jesus. How about "YOU" ??

============================
Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Lyrics:Frances Ridley Havergal (1836-1879)
Music:Henri Abraham Cesar Malan (1787-1864)

HAPPY AND BLESSED SABBATH TO ALL OUR REMNENT FAMILY.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2024, 03:28:29 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

Happy Sabbath!!

What is sin? It is transgression of God's law. But the law of God is selfless love, rooted in true worship of the One who is worthy, for He made us, and by sending His Son, He came to redeem us. That is why self-worship and pride are so damaging--for it is all based on lies. We did not create ourselves, nor do we have the power to sustain even a single breath of life. All we have and are is a gift from God. Let us look to Jesus, live by faith, and yield the whole heart unreservedly constantly to Him to He can pour in and through us His relational, selfless love manifest in all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in true obedient harmony with the Ten Commandments--the constitution of eternal life only possible to be experienced through believing and receiving the pardoning grace of God!

We are loved and valued. All that God desires to teach us is an outflow of His love. Let us daily come to the word of God to transform us so we can abide in His will and let His purposes of grace be wrought out in our lives!