Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--70-- "The Least of These My Brethren"  (Read 13553 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--70-- "The Least of These My Brethren"
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2021, 05:52:22 AM »
"Love to man is the earthward manifestation of the love of God. It was to implant this love, to make us children of one family, that the King of glory became one with us. And when His parting words are fulfilled, "Love one another, as I have loved you" (John 15:12); when we love the world as He has loved it, then for us His mission is accomplished. We are fitted for heaven; for we have heaven in our hearts."

Amen. I pray for this every day. We say we love God but if our thoughts are only for ourselves and those closest to us then we do not love God. This chapter tells of the suffering ones that are among us but many times we do not perceive it. And many that do see it are indifferent to it. We may give to food banks or ministries that are doing the best they can to supply the needs of many but what about that personal touch that shows how much we care. Food banks don't supply the spiritual nourishment that is needed. Those that are trapped in poverty or are discouraged or in trouble need a friend who cares about them. Jesus is the perfect example of how that is done.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2021, 06:56:58 AM »
Praise the Lord for these posts!!

How would you like heaven to be in your heart?

“Love to man is the earthward manifestation of the love of God. It was to implant this love, to make us children of one family, that the King of glory became one with us. And when His parting words are fulfilled, ‘Love one another, as I have loved you’ (John 15:12); when we love the world as He has loved it, then for us His mission is accomplished. We are fitted for heaven; for we have heaven in our hearts.” {The Desire of Ages, page 641, paragraph 3}

May this be your experience by an entire surrender to Christ who will recreate you in His image of loveliness!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Philip T

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2021, 08:32:31 AM »
But "if thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; if thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not He that pondereth the heart consider it? and He that keepeth thy soul, doth not He know it? and shall not He render to every man according to his works?" Proverbs 24:11, 12. In the great Judgment day, those who have not worked for Christ, who have drifted along thinking of themselves, caring for themselves, will be placed by the Judge of the whole earth with those who did evil. They receive the same condemnation.

Amen brother Bacon, Sister Dorine, and Pastor Sean.

To profess to be a follower of Christ is not enough, if we do not put our faith and belief to work in Gods fields of labor, but stay focused totally on self, seeking our own comfort, and caring for just ourselves when judgement from God comes, we will be judged as the wicked and be condemned to everlasting death.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2021, 09:39:37 PM »
I think we all got the message!  The golden rule is not an option. It is the only way one may enter heaven, but doing for others what we would have the do for us. What if we do not follow this rule?

But "if thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; if thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not He that pondereth the heart consider it? and He that keepeth thy soul, doth not He know it? and shall not He render to every man according to his works?" Proverbs 24:11, 12. In the great Judgment day, those who have not worked for Christ, who have drifted along thinking of themselves, caring for themselves, will be placed by the Judge of the whole earth with those who did evil. They receive the same condemnation.
     To every soul a trust is given. Of everyone the Chief Shepherd will demand, "Where is the flock that was given thee, thy beautiful flock?" And "what wilt thou say when He shall punish thee?" Jeremiah 13:20, 21. 

Many do not like to read this, many do not believe it. But, our lesson spoke of it and closed with it. "He shall punish thee" if we are not transformed in nature so that we love God and our neighbor with all of the heart. A simple truth not often preached from the pulpit. Why not? Because Satan works very hard to separate God's justice from His mercy. They are not to be separated. They met and kissed at the cross.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.