Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--70-- "The Least of These My Brethren"  (Read 20226 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--70-- "The Least of These My Brethren"
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2019, 02:47:26 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! As self is crucified with Christ, we will seek to bless and uplift in mercy!

God delights in mercy. "Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He retaineth not His anger for ever, because He delighteth in mercy" (Micah 7:18). The mercy He has shown us we are in turn to manifest to others, and in so doing, we become like Jesus. This is the joy of the Savior which He invites us to partake of. As we go forth to bless others today, may we ever remember how much Jesus has first blessed us in coming to our world from heaven and becoming our Brother. Our value is infinite because an Infinite Life, the life of God in Christ, has been paid for our redemption upon Calvary. As Jesus' love brings healing and transformation, we will long to manifest that grace and mercy to those around us, for we love Him because He first loved us.

"But not to any class is Christ's love restricted. He identifies Himself with every child of humanity. That we might become members of the heavenly family, He became a member of the earthly family. He is the Son of man, and thus a brother to every son and daughter of Adam. His followers are not to feel themselves detached from the perishing world around them. They are a part of the great web of humanity; and Heaven looks upon them as brothers to sinners as well as to saints. The fallen, the erring, and the sinful, Christ's love embraces; and every deed of kindness done to uplift a fallen soul, every act of mercy, is accepted as done to Him." {The Desire of Ages, page 638, paragraph 4} 

Through beholding Christ's love and grace we become transformed into His image. Jesus' love uplifts and restores, inspires the soul with hope, and grows us into His lovely image. May you find strength and grace today to be on His missions of mercy!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2019, 05:47:40 AM »
All may find something to do. "The poor always ye have with you," (John 12:8 ), Jesus said, and none need feel that there is no place where they can labor for Him. Millions upon millions of human souls ready to perish, bound in chains of ignorance and sin, have never so much as heard of Christ's love for them. Were our condition and theirs to be reversed, what would we desire them to do for us? All this, so far as lies in our power, we are under the most solemn obligation to do for them. Christ's rule of life, by which every one of us must stand or fall in the judgment, is, "Whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them." Matthew 7:12.     

The Saviour has given His precious life in order to establish a church capable of caring for sorrowful, tempted souls. A company of believers may be poor, uneducated, and unknown; yet in Christ they may do a work in the home, the neighborhood, the church, and even in "the regions beyond," whose results shall be as far-reaching as eternity.

I grew up poor. I know the struggles. And I remember the joy and appreciation for the help that would come our way. I think it is harder to be aware of the plight of the poor if you have grown up with much. This chapter should be a stern reminder of how God looks upon those who ignore the needs of others. When Jesus reigns in the heart it will be with joy that we make the lives of others more comfortable and happy with no thought of receiving anything in return.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2019, 06:50:45 AM »
Amen dear Sister Dorine!  What a blessing God wants us to receive when we help others. It is more blessed to give then to receive!

The mercy He has shown us we are in turn to manifest to others, and in so doing, we become like Jesus. This is the joy of the Savior which He invites us to partake of.

Amen Pastor Sean. Jesus wants us to be filled with the joy of helping others!

Let us ask Jesus at the beginning of every day to open our eyes to see the opportunities that pass our way to minister to those we come in contact with as we go about our activities of daily living. The Holy Spirit will then guide, inspire, and make us sensitive to the needs of others as we mingle with our families, the church and the world.

Amen Brother Beacon. And, the Holy Spirit will not only inspire us who are called by the name of Christ, but to all who have learned to love their neighbor, even their enemy.

Those whom Christ commends in the judgment may have known little of theology, but they have cherished His principles. Through the influence of the divine Spirit they have been a blessing to those about them. Even among the heathen are those who have cherished the spirit of kindness; before the words of life had fallen upon their ears, they have befriended the missionaries, even ministering to them at the peril of their own lives. Among the heathen are those who worship God ignorantly, those to whom the light is never brought by human instrumentality, yet they will not perish. Though ignorant of the written law of God, they have heard His voice speaking to them in nature, and have done the things that the law required. Their works are evidence that the Holy Spirit has touched their hearts, and they are recognized as the children of God.
     How surprised and gladdened will be the lowly among the nations, and among the heathen, to hear from the lips of the Saviour, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me"! How glad will be the heart of Infinite Love as His followers look up with surprise and joy at His words of approval!

Many will be surprised to find those who did not understand the gospel message about salvation were granted salvation. It is the heart Jesus wants. When we give Him the whole heart, then we will love as He loves.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2020, 04:05:07 PM »
"Among the heathen are those who worship God ignorantly, those to whom the light is never brought by human instrumentality, yet they will not perish. Though ignorant of the written law of God, they have heard His voice speaking to them in nature, and have done the things that the law required. Their works are evidence that the Holy Spirit has touched their hearts, and they are recognized as the children of God..How surprised and gladdened will be the lowly among the nations, and among the heathen, to hear from the lips of the Saviour, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me"! How glad will be the heart of Infinite Love as His followers look up with surprise and joy at His words of approval!"[/b]

It doesn't take a seminary Doctor of Divinity degree to understand these words but... it does take a fully converted heart, a heart full of love for those who are perishing spiritually and/or perhaps physically and by the Power of the Holy Spirit possess a strong desire to see as many as possible pointed in the direction of Jesus because we are have received His Love & Forgiveness and are willing to PASS IT ON

"The followers of Jesus are not to feel themselves detached from the perishing world around them. They are a part of the great web of humanity; and Heaven looks upon them as brothers to sinners as well as to saints. The fallen, the erring, and the sinful, Christ's love embraces; and every deed of kindness done to uplift a fallen soul, every act of mercy, is accepted as done to Him."

In Matthew 25:39-40 It says, "When saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."
Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2020, 08:06:32 AM »
Amen brother Beacon. With so much suffering, poverty, and evil surrounding us, we certainly have a work to do. Who among us would not be convicted that we have not done that which we might be able to do? Today's lesson can be summoned up in the last paragraph.

To every soul a trust is given. Of everyone the Chief Shepherd will demand, "Where is the flock that was given thee, thy beautiful flock?" And "what wilt thou say when He shall punish thee?" Jeremiah 13:20, 21. 

That beautiful flock being spoken of, first pertains to our family, especially our children.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2020, 08:34:56 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

The religion of Christ is sincerity itself in seeking to do good to those around us, finding out what their needs are, and showing them true unselfish love. Only as we abide in Christ through a full heart surrender to Him will the good work that He desires to accomplish through us be wrought out. Only as we abide in Christ will all of the fruits of the Spirit be seen without one missing, and we will gladly go where He sends us and minister to those about us!

"All may find something to do. 'The poor always ye have with you,' (John 12:8 ), Jesus said, and none need feel that there is no place where they can labor for Him. Millions upon millions of human souls ready to perish, bound in chains of ignorance and sin, have never so much as heard of Christ's love for them. Were our condition and theirs to be reversed, what would we desire them to do for us? All this, so far as lies in our power, we are under the most solemn obligation to do for them. Christ's rule of life, by which every one of us must stand or fall in the judgment, is, 'Whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them.' Matthew 7:12." {The Desire of Ages, page 640, paragraph 3}

Let us do the work that lies nearest to us, and then go where the Holy Spirit leads us day by day!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2020, 05:38:25 PM »
"The followers of Jesus are not to feel themselves detached from the perishing world around them. They are a part of the great web of humanity; and Heaven looks upon them as brothers to sinners as well as to saints. The fallen, the erring, and the sinful, Christ's love embraces; and every deed of kindness done to uplift a fallen soul, every act of mercy, is accepted as done to Him."

In Matthew 25:39-40 It says, "When saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

"How surprised and gladdened will be the lowly among the nations, and among the heathen, to hear from the lips of the Saviour, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me"! How glad will be the heart of Infinite Love as His followers look up with surprise and joy at His words of approval!"

Today I invite you to be a part of the family of God that will hear the words of Jesus as recorded in .... Matthew 25:21 "His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2020, 05:17:09 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Whoever you are, wherever you are, and no matter what you have gone through, Jesus has a mission FOR YOU!! When we invite Jesus into our hearts by unreservedly surrendering to Him, He not only atones for our sins by His blood, but He imbues us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing, and thus sends us on a mission of mercy to bless others! Let us rejoice in Jesus today and point them to the true joy of life--unselfish ministry to do others good in helping them come to eternal salvation in Christ!

"The Saviour has given His precious life in order to establish a church capable of caring for sorrowful, tempted souls. A company of believers may be poor, uneducated, and unknown; yet in Christ they may do a work in the home, the neighborhood, the church, and even in 'the regions beyond,' whose results shall be as far-reaching as eternity." {The Desire of Ages, page 640, paragraph 4}

As we make a beginning, however small it may seem, Jesus works by the Holy Spirit to accomplish something beyond what we can ask or think. The key it staying linked up with Jesus by continual surrender to Jesus who knows what is best for us each day and will lead us to be a blessing! On that note, I sure hope you will join the series and invite others to "Hope Awakens" that starts on Friday, April 17 at 7pm Eastern/7pm Pacific, available for free at hopeawakens.com!! May you be blessed in inviting others to come also be blessed and learn of the hope that Jesus offers us!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2020, 08:03:40 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean and Brother Beacon! The Holy Spirit is guiding all will be guided as we near the end. I like so very much the truth that God can and has reached out to those who are ignorant of Him and has taught them that kindness and sacrifices for the good of others is life itself. That we would learn this also.

Those whom Christ commends in the judgment may have known little of theology, but they have cherished His principles. Through the influence of the divine Spirit they have been a blessing to those about them. Even among the heathen are those who have cherished the spirit of kindness; before the words of life had fallen upon their ears, they have befriended the missionaries, even ministering to them at the peril of their own lives. Among the heathen are those who worship God ignorantly, those to whom the light is never brought by human instrumentality, yet they will not perish. Though ignorant of the written law of God, they have heard His voice speaking to them in nature, and have done the things that the law required. Their works are evidence that the Holy Spirit has touched their hearts, and they are recognized as the children of God. 

What a merciful and loving God we love and serve!!

Dorine

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2020, 07:16:32 AM »
"Jesus had told His disciples that they were to be hated of all men, to be persecuted and afflicted. Many would be driven from their homes, and brought to poverty. Many would be in distress through disease and privation. Many would be cast into prison. To all who forsook friends or home for His sake He had promised in this life a hundredfold. Now He assured a special blessing to all who should minister to their brethren. In all who suffer for My name, said Jesus, you are to recognize Me. As you would minister to Me, so you are to minister to them. This is the evidence that you are My disciples."

What a blessed thought. To all we minister to, Jesus considers it ministering to Him. If we kept that thought in mind there would be no room for selfishness. We would always see Jesus in others.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Dorine

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2020, 02:32:09 AM »
"Those who minister to others will be ministered unto by the Chief Shepherd. They themselves will drink of the living water, and will be satisfied. They will not be longing for exciting amusements, or for some change in their lives. The great topic of interest will be, how to save the souls that are ready to perish. Social intercourse will be profitable. The love of the Redeemer will draw hearts together in unity."

There are so many restless and dissatisfied souls among the professed people of God. How can we reach others in need if we ourselves have not learned to drink of the living water that satisfies? Christ is the answer to every hungry, empty soul but selfish hearts are afraid to trust and believe the promises of God. When Christ reigns in the heart, "the great topic of interest will be, how to save the souls that are ready to perish." Let's never forget that "Those who minister to others will be ministered unto by the Chief Shepherd." That to me is a very reassuring promise for I need His strength and help continually.

Beacon

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2020, 06:58:26 AM »
"In the great Judgment day, those who have not worked for Christ, who have drifted along thinking of themselves, caring for themselves, will be placed by the Judge of the whole earth with those who did evil. They receive the same condemnation.

"To every soul a trust is given. Of everyone the Chief Shepherd will demand....
 "Where is the flock that was given thee, thy beautiful flock?" And, "what wilt thou say when He shall punish thee?" Jeremiah 13:20, 21.

"Those who minister to others will be ministered unto by the Chief Shepherd. They themselves will drink of the living water, and will be satisfied. They will not be longing for exciting amusements, or for some change in their lives. The great topic of interest will be, how to save the souls that are ready to perish. Social intercourse will be profitable. The love of the Redeemer will draw hearts together in unity."

When we realize what these two short paragraphs are saying and put the principles of them into practice in our daily lives, I believe that many of the challenges of UNITY in our churches would disappear because "self" would no longer be our main concern. Let us ask Jesus at the beginning of every day to open our eyes to see the opportunities that pass our way to minister to those we come in contact with as we go about our activities of daily living. The Holy Spirit will then guide, inspire, and make us sensitive to the needs of others as we mingle with our families, the church and the world.Let us ask our God for His forgiveness for our lack of interest in the saving of others and become more involved for the saving of those around us.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2020, 01:58:39 PM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon!

Let us allow Jesus to accomplish in us His mission! "For the Son of Man is come to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10).

"Those who minister to others will be ministered unto by the Chief Shepherd. They themselves will drink of the living water, and will be satisfied. They will not be longing for exciting amusements, or for some change in their lives. The great topic of interest will be, how to save the souls that are ready to perish. Social intercourse will be profitable. The love of the Redeemer will draw hearts together in unity." {The Desire of Ages, page 641, paragraph 1}

Unity is the result of union with Christ. There was perfect unity in heaven until Lucifer was not content with the ministry entrusted to him as the covering cherub. Coveting the place of Christ, he wanted to be God. That was impossible. No created being can be God! May we learn the lesson that our truest happiness today and always is found in complete surrender to Christ and joyful conformity to God's will--which is high, noble and elevating!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2020, 05:19:03 AM »
Let us allow the love of Christ to flow through us. His perfect love casts our fear, but that same love abiding in the soul leads us to fear God and give glory to Him for we are in the time of the judgment, and all decisions of character pend on how we treat others--a revelation of how we treat God in the person of "the least of these." Each soul is worth an infinite price, for Jesus paid for us with an infinite sacrifice on Calvary. Now, abiding in Jesus, we are constrained to forward to reveal the light of His love manifest in all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as Christ abides in our souls, the hope of glory!

"Love to man is the earthward manifestation of the love of God. It was to implant this love, to make us children of one family, that the King of glory became one with us. And when His parting words are fulfilled, 'Love one another, as I have loved you' (John 15:12); when we love the world as He has loved it, then for us His mission is accomplished. We are fitted for heaven; for we have heaven in our hearts." {The Desire of Ages, page 641, paragraph 3}

Only in Christ can we live out His unselfish life. In Christ there is no limit to the usefulness of one who, putting self aside, makes room for the working of the Holy Spirit and lives a life completely consecrated to God! May we allow heaven to truly begin in the soul as we choose Jesus continually!

Dorine

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2020, 05:55:55 AM »
"As you open your door to Christ's needy and suffering ones, you are welcoming unseen angels. You invite the companionship of heavenly beings. They bring a sacred atmosphere of joy and peace. They come with praises upon their lips, and an answering strain is heard in heaven. Every deed of mercy makes music there. The Father from His throne numbers the unselfish workers among His most precious treasures."

What a privilege to be part of the family of God. To be part of the work that ministers to the needs of lost souls brings such joy. I love the last sentence that says...The Father from His throne numbers the unselfish workers among His most precious treasures." And to think that our acts of mercy makes music in heaven. Praise God for allowing us to be part of this great work.

Beacon

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2020, 06:44:05 AM »

"ALL MAY FIND SOMETHING TO DO "

'The poor always ye have with you,' (John 12:8 ), Jesus said, and none need feel that there is no place where they can labor for Him. Millions upon millions of human souls ready to perish, bound in chains of ignorance and sin, have never so much as heard of Christ's love for them. Were our condition and theirs to be reversed, what would we desire them to do for us? All this, so far as lies in our power, we are under the most solemn obligation to do for them. Christ's rule of life, by which every one of us must stand or fall in the judgment, is, 'Whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them.' Matthew 7:12."

Today I invite you to be a part of the family of God that will hear the words of Jesus as recorded in .... Matthew 25:21 "His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2021, 06:23:50 AM »
Happy Sabbath! As you go forth to be a blessing to others this Sabbath by inviting Jesus into your heart by a living-faith surrender to His will in an intelligent appreciation of the loveliness of His character, be encouraged that Jesus will minister to you as you let Him minister through you! "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me" (Matthew 25:40).

"Those who minister to others will be ministered unto by the Chief Shepherd. They themselves will drink of the living water, and will be satisfied. They will not be longing for exciting amusements, or for some change in their lives. The great topic of interest will be, how to save the souls that are ready to perish. Social intercourse will be profitable. The love of the Redeemer will draw hearts together in unity." {The Desire of Ages, page 641, paragraph 1}

True unity is from union and communion with Christ! We were created to bless others and our greatest happiness is found in being a blessing to others as Jesus has come to bless us, too!

Dorine

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2021, 07:33:09 AM »
Happy Sabbath Pastor Sean and to all who are reading today. May our hearts be overflowing with the peace and joy of knowing Jesus.

"Those whom Christ commends in the judgment may have known little of theology, but they have cherished His principles. Through the influence of the divine Spirit they have been a blessing to those about them. Even among the heathen are those who have cherished the spirit of kindness; before the words of life had fallen upon their ears, they have befriended the missionaries, even ministering to them at the peril of their own lives. Among the heathen are those who worship God ignorantly, those to whom the light is never brought by human instrumentality, yet they will not perish. Though ignorant of the written law of God, they have heard His voice speaking to them in nature, and have done the things that the law required. Their works are evidence that the Holy Spirit has touched their hearts, and they are recognized as the children of God."

The mercy of God touched my heart this morning as I read this paragraph. There will never be any excuse for anyone to be lost. God has revealed Himself to even the heathen through His powerful book of nature. The thought came to me that there will be more hope for these than for those who do not avail themselves of the great volume of information that is available.

Beacon

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2021, 07:36:33 AM »
"In the great Judgment day, those who have not worked for Christ, who have drifted along thinking of themselves, caring for themselves, will be placed by the Judge of the whole earth with those who did evil. They receive the same condemnation."

"To every soul a trust is given. Of everyone the Chief Shepherd will demand....

"Where is the flock that was given thee, thy beautiful flock?" And, "what wilt thou say when He shall punish thee?" Jeremiah 13:20, 21.

"Those who minister to others will be ministered unto by the Chief Shepherd.
They themselves will drink of the living water, and will be satisfied. They will not be longing for exciting amusements, or for some change in their lives. The great topic of interest will be, how to save the souls that are ready to perish. Social intercourse will be profitable. The love of the Redeemer will draw hearts together in unity."

When we realize what these two short paragraphs are saying and put the principles of them into practice in our daily lives, I believe that many of the challenges of UNITY in our churches would disappear because "self" would no longer be our main concern. Let us ask Jesus at the beginning of every day to open our eyes to see the opportunities that pass our way to minister to those we come in contact with as we go about our activities of daily living. The Holy Spirit will then guide, inspire, and make us sensitive to the needs of others as we mingle with our families, the church and the world.Let us ask our God for His forgiveness for our lack of interest in the saving of others and become more involved for the saving of those around us.

Beacon

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2021, 05:42:59 AM »

"ALL MAY FIND SOMETHING TO DO "

'The poor always ye have with you,' (John 12:8 ), Jesus said, and...

"None need feel that there is no place where they can labor for Him."

"Millions upon millions of human souls ready to perish, bound in chains of ignorance and sin, have never so much as heard of Christ's love for them. Were our condition and theirs to be reversed, what would we desire them to do for us?

"All this, so far as lies in our power, we are under the most solemn obligation to do for them."

"Christ's rule of life, by which every one of us must stand or fall in the judgment, is, 'Whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them.' Matthew 7:12."

Today, once again, I invite you to be a part of the family of God that will hear the words of Jesus as recorded in .... Matthew 25:21 "His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."