Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--69--On the Mount of Olives  (Read 20050 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--69--On the Mount of Olives
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2019, 08:10:58 AM »
Amen! What an encouraging chapter!! Jesus is coming! He is even at the doors!

Everything in the world is in agitation. The signs of the times are ominous. Coming events cast their shadows before. The Spirit of God is withdrawing from the earth, and calamity follows calamity by sea and by land. There are tempests, earthquakes, fires, floods, murders of every grade. Who can read the future? Where is security? There is assurance in nothing that is human or earthly. Rapidly are men ranging themselves under the banner they have chosen. Restlessly are they waiting and watching the movements of their leaders. There are those who are waiting and watching and working for our Lord's appearing. Another class are falling into line under the generalship of the first great apostate. Few believe with heart and soul that we have a hell to shun and a heaven to win.

The door of mercy is soon to close. Soon after the King of the North goes into Jerusalem, probationary time will end as our High Priest stands up from His work of judgment and preparing a people for His soon coming (Daniel 11:45, 12:1). There are before us a harvest field which is white and ready to harvest. Let us continue to pray the Lord will send workers into the field.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2019, 07:01:23 PM »
"After He had given the signs of His coming, Christ said, "When ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand." "Take ye heed, watch and pray." God has always given men warning of coming judgments. Those who had faith in His message for their time, and who acted out their faith, in obedience to His commandments, escaped the judgments that fell upon the disobedient and unbelieving. The word came to Noah, "Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before Me." Noah obeyed and was saved. The message came to Lot, "Up, get you out of this place; for the Lord will destroy this city." Genesis 7:1; 19:14. Lot placed himself under the guardianship of the heavenly messengers, and was saved. So Christ's disciples were given warning of the destruction of Jerusalem. Those who watched for the sign of the coming ruin, and fled from the city, escaped the destruction. So now we are given warning of Christ's second coming and of the destruction to fall upon the world. Those who heed the warning will be saved."

If there was ever an appropriate time to memorize the great promises and truths of God's Word it is now.Because they will be a great encouragement and help us to stand fast when our testing time comes.This warning message comes from the book " The Sanctified Life" Pg. 12

"The testing time will come to all, when the hopes of many who have for years thought themselves secure, will be seen to be without foundation. When in new positions, under varied circumstances, some who have seemed to be pillars in the house of God reveal only rotten timber beneath the paint and varnish....

But the humble in heart, who have daily felt the importance of riveting their souls to the eternal Rock, will stand unmoved amid the tempests of trial, because they trusted not to themselves. “The foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his” (2 Timothy 2:19).

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2019, 07:21:43 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

As we behold the world's chaos, anarchy, confusion and angst, may we look above all this to the unchanging throne of God where Jesus now ministers as our High Priest. He has never lost a case that has been fully surrendered to Him. Let us look unto Jesus and find the strength and grace needed to do His will! Abiding in Jesus, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in our lives without one missing--no matter how great the trials that come!

"Everything in the world is in agitation. The signs of the times are ominous. Coming events cast their shadows before. The Spirit of God is withdrawing from the earth, and calamity follows calamity by sea and by land. There are tempests, earthquakes, fires, floods, murders of every grade. Who can read the future? Where is security? There is assurance in nothing that is human or earthly. Rapidly are men ranging themselves under the banner they have chosen. Restlessly are they waiting and watching the movements of their leaders. There are those who are waiting and watching and working for our Lord's appearing. Another class are falling into line under the generalship of the first great apostate. Few believe with heart and soul that we have a hell to shun and a heaven to win." {The Desire of Ages, age 636, paragraph 1}

Our only safety both now and forever is found in continual surrender to Christ--having the experience of union and communion with Christ, that He working in and through us may help us navigate these last days with a victorious Christian experience!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2019, 09:22:25 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon and Pastor Sean! Jesus is coming very soon! How can we hasten that day?

So with the prediction in regard to the preaching of the gospel. Before the fall of Jerusalem, Paul, writing by the Holy Spirit, declared that the gospel was preached to "every creature which is under heaven." Colossians 1:23. So now, before the coming of the Son of man, the everlasting gospel is to be preached "to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." Revelation 14:6, 14. God "hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world." Acts 17:31. Christ tells us when that day shall be ushered in. He does not say that all the world will be converted, but that "this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." By giving the gospel to the world it is in our power to hasten our Lord's return. We are not only to look for but to hasten the coming of the day of God. 2 Peter 3:12, margin. Had the church of Christ done her appointed work as the Lord ordained, the whole world would before this have been warned, and the Lord Jesus would have come to our earth in power and great glory. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2019, 04:29:36 PM »
"The crisis is stealing gradually upon us. The sun shines in the heavens, passing over its usual round, and the heavens still declare the glory of God. Men are still eating and drinking, planting and building, marrying, and giving in marriage. Merchants are still buying and selling. Men are jostling one against another, contending for the highest place. Pleasure lovers are still crowding to theaters, horse races, gambling halls. The highest excitement prevails. Yet probation's hour is fast closing, and every case is about to be eternally decided. Satan sees that his time is short. He has set all his agencies at work that men may be deceived, deluded, occupied and entranced, until the day of probation shall be ended, and the door of mercy be forever shut."

As members of God's remnant church WE ARE SOO BLESSED We have what is called "Inside Information".  We know how the Great Controversy between Christ and Satan will end!! We also have many pages of historical evidence that confirms that we can trust our sources to be very reliable. But....

""Solemnly there come to us down through the centuries the warning words of our Lord from the Mount of Olives: "Take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares." "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

From the Book " The Sanctified Life P12" We read these these words... The testing time will come to all, when the hopes of many who have for years thought themselves secure, will be seen to be without foundation. When in new positions, under varied circumstances, some who have seemed to be pillars in the house of God reveal only rotten timber beneath the paint and varnish. But the humble in heart, who have daily felt the importance of riveting their souls to the eternal Rock, will stand unmoved amid the tempests of trial, because they trusted not to themselves. “The foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his” (2 Timothy 2:19)

The Old Adage still applies for us today but with much more Intense Urgency!!

' HE WHO FAILS TO PREPARE --- PREPARES TO FAIL"

Dorine

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2019, 05:42:18 AM »
The crisis is stealing gradually upon us. The sun shines in the heavens, passing over its usual round, and the heavens still declare the glory of God. Men are still eating and drinking, planting and building, marrying, and giving in marriage. Merchants are still buying and selling. Men are jostling one against another, contending for the highest place. Pleasure lovers are still crowding to theaters, horse races, gambling hells. The highest excitement prevails, yet probation's hour is fast closing, and every case is about to be eternally decided. Satan sees that his time is short. He has set all his agencies at work that men may be deceived, deluded, occupied and entranced, until the day of probation shall be ended, and the door of mercy be forever shut.      
Solemnly there come to us down through the centuries the warning words of our Lord from the Mount of Olives: "Take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares." "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

We are not hearing these things from the pulpits. If we are not reading how will we know what is before us and how to prepare. Will we not be held responsible for the opportunities we have of sharing what we know to a dying world? I praise God once again for His love and long suffering with us. But it is soon to run out. Which side will we be on?
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2019, 09:42:27 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

As we approach the end of this world and the soon coming of Jesus, may it be our sincere desire to be in the center of God's will and not allow anything to divert us from the purpose to which Christ has called us. Only as we behold Christ in His loveliness will we be transformed, and only as we allow His moral courage to give us the words to say in these last days will we be enabled to do what honors and pleases God.

"The crisis is stealing gradually upon us. The sun shines in the heavens, passing over its usual round, and the heavens still declare the glory of God. Men are still eating and drinking, planting and building, marrying, and giving in marriage. Merchants are still buying and selling. Men are jostling one against another, contending for the highest place. Pleasure lovers are still crowding to theaters, horse races, gambling hells. The highest excitement prevails, yet probation's hour is fast closing, and every case is about to be eternally decided. Satan sees that his time is short. He has set all his agencies at work that men may be deceived, deluded, occupied and entranced, until the day of probation shall be ended, and the door of mercy be forever shut." {The Desire Ages, page 636, paragraph 2}

We need a living connection with Jesus, and that is found through a complete surender to Him and a willingness of heart to do what He calls us to do. Today I reflect on how it was 12 years ago that the Lord called me to be a pastor. My prayer is that I may be an ideal pastor and reflect Christ, so many more souls may be saved!! May we each fulfill our roles and responsibilities where God has called us!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2020, 02:48:37 PM »
 "Jesus does not say that all the world will be converted, but that 'this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.' By giving the gospel to the world it is in our power to hasten our Lord's return. We are not only to look for but to hasten the coming of the day of God. 2 Peter 3:12, margin. Had the church of Christ done her appointed work as the Lord ordained, the whole world would before this have been warned, and the Lord Jesus would have come to our earth in power and great glory.

This is VERY, VERY SAD :-( What a thought!!..."That had the church of Christ (you and I) done our appointed work as the Lord ordained Jesus would have already come." Let us repent for being such slothful servants. Let search our hearts and reconsecrate our lives to Jesus, not holding on to ANYTHING that would cause a farther delay. Will you join with me in repeating the prayer of David....

Psalm 51:9-11--- "Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy Holy Spirit from me."

Dorine

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2020, 06:13:10 AM »
On every occasion when persecution takes place, those who witness it make decisions either for Christ or against Him. Those who manifest sympathy for the ones wrongly condemned show their attachment for Christ. Others are offended because the principles of truth cut directly across their practice. Many stumble and fall, apostatizing from the faith they once advocated. Those who apostatize in time of trial will, to secure their own safety, bear false witness, and betray their brethren. Christ has warned us of this, that we may not be surprised at the unnatural, cruel course of those who reject the light.

Persecution has a way of dividing those that love the Lord from the ones who don't know Him, yet profess to. It's a terrible ordeal that is before us but for those who are 'watching and praying' and 'obedient to the truth' God Will save. We need to be spending more time in the study of God's word and in prayer. I feel a great need for this more than I ever have. The more time I spend with Him the more He reveals to me the things of eternal importance. Our witness for Christ will draw others to Him or offend them.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2020, 11:35:28 AM »

We are given today an opportunity to help hasten the coming of Jesus or to hinder it. How? By keeping our conscience clear and open before God so that He can speak to us personally and individually, directing us in the path that is best for His purposes of omnipotence to be fulfilled. As I realize how essential it is to have an ongoing union and communion with Jesus to do any good thing, it is encouraging to know that God calls all of us to that total surrender of the whole heart for Jesus to purify (true conversion) so that the Holy Spirit may produce in and through us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing. It is through converted agencies that the final message will be given! Jesus is coming again in the context of the three angel's messages of Revelation 14!

"Through His servants, God gave the Jewish people a last opportunity to repent. He manifested Himself through His witnesses in their arrest, in their trial, and in their imprisonment. Yet their judges pronounced on them the death sentence. They were men of whom the world was not worthy, and by killing them the Jews crucified afresh the Son of God. So it will be again. The authorities will make laws to restrict religious liberty. They will assume the right that is God's alone. They will think they can force the conscience, which God alone should control. Even now they are making a beginning; this work they will continue to carry forward till they reach a boundary over which they cannot step. God will interpose in behalf of His loyal, commandment-keeping people."  {The Desire of Ages, page 630, paragraph 1}

God is to be the only one to control the conscience, and we need to let Him guide us in all the ways possible to as rapidly as possible extend the message of Christ's righteousness in and through our lives that reveal Him to the world in thought, word and deed!

Beacon

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2020, 06:15:06 PM »
"Solemnly there come to us down through the centuries the warning words of our Lord from the Mount of Olives: "Take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares." "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth."

The old and new testament bare the same urgent and loving message. Revelation 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." But we must come without delay.

Satan know his time is short - DO WE?

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2020, 05:02:06 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! I was impressed by the same powerful paragraph this morning!

What we watch changes us. If we are spending more time watching unto prayer and meditating on Jesus and God's word, than the final events of this world's history are something we can face with courage and grace, knowing that if we have invited Christ into our heart and surrendered fully to Him, His perfect love casts out fear. We can speak of His loveliness of character for we have seen the king in His beauty morning by morning. I pray that we will use the time God has given us before Jesus returns to overcome through Christ and to spread the good news of the everlasting gospel so souls around us can also be ready, and turn from beholding the vain distractions of this world to see the value of eternal realities!

"Solemnly there come to us down through the centuries the warning words of our Lord from the Mount of Olives: 'Take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.' 'Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.'" {The Desire of Ages, page 636, paragraph 3}

As we choose to look to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith, our life and example can encourage others to "go and do likewise." God does not force any to follow Him, or to take time each day in personal devotional time. But we can live a life so surrendered to Christ and so happy in Jesus that we make such an experience attractive to others so that they will also desire to "taste and see" (Psalm 34:8) that the Lord is indeed very good, and that union and communion with Christ is far sweeter than ANYTHING the world, the flesh or the devil could EVER try to offer us!!

Dorine

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2020, 05:42:25 AM »
"At the very time when the world is asking in scorn, "Where is the promise of His coming?" the signs are fulfilling. While they cry, "Peace and safety," sudden destruction is coming. When the scorner, the rejecter of truth, has become presumptuous; when the routine of work in the various money-making lines is carried on without regard to principle; when the student is eagerly seeking knowledge of everything but his Bible, Christ comes as a thief."

God in His mercy has not left us in darkness to wonder and guess about what is to come. We see these things happening all around us even among the professed children of God. To many Christ will come as a thief. To those who are waiting and watching there will be great rejoicing when He arrives.

Dorine

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2020, 03:28:43 PM »
"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

May we take heed to the warnings and instructions that Jesus gave to keep His people from falling prey to the enemy. Watch and pray always. This is something I need to be more earnest about.

Beacon

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2020, 04:12:07 PM »
"Those who apostatize in time of trial will, to secure their own safety, bear false witness, and betray their brethren. Christ has warned us of this, that we may not be surprised at the unnatural, cruel course of those who reject the light."

From the Book "The Sanctified Life P12" We read these these words... "The testing time will come to all, when the hopes of many who have for years thought themselves secure, will be seen to be without foundation. When in new positions, under varied circumstances, some who have seemed to be pillars in the house of God reveal only rotten timber beneath the paint and varnish. But the humble in heart, who have daily felt the importance of riveting their souls to the eternal Rock, will stand unmoved amid the tempests of trial, because they trusted not to themselves. The foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his” (2 Timothy 2:19)

"Solemnly there come to us down through the centuries the warning words of our Lord from the Mount of Olives: "Take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares." "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

2 Corinthians 6:2
For He says: “In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, "NOW IS THE ACCEPTED TIME; behold, NOW IS THE DAY OF SALVATION."

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2020, 11:19:06 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon!

Let us patiently bear the trials as they come as we approach the great consummation of all our hopes: the second coming of Jesus!!

"Christ is coming with clouds and with great glory. A multitude of shining angels will attend Him. He will come to raise the dead, and to change the living saints from glory to glory. He will come to honor those who have loved Him, and kept His commandments, and to take them to Himself. He has not forgotten them nor His promise. There will be a relinking of the family chain. When we look upon our dead, we may think of the morning when the trump of God shall sound, when 'the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.' 1 Corinthians 15:52. A little longer, and we shall see the King in His beauty. A little longer, and He will wipe all tears from our eyes. A little longer, and He will present us "faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy." Jude 24. Wherefore, when He gave the signs of His coming He said, 'When these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.'"  {The Desire of Ages, page 632, paragraph 3}

As we look upward to Christ, not down at our difficulties, we are given increased strength of character for the way God is leading us day by day!

Beacon

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2020, 04:23:50 PM »
"The crisis is stealing gradually upon us.."

..The sun shines in the heavens, passing over its usual round, and the heavens still declare the glory of God. Men are still eating and drinking, planting and building, marrying, and giving in marriage. Merchants are still buying and selling. Men are jostling one against another, contending for the highest place. Pleasure lovers are still crowding to theaters, horse races, gambling halls...

..Probation's hour is fast closing, and every case is about to be eternally decided. Satan sees that his time is short. He has set all his agencies at work that men may be deceived, deluded, occupied and entranced, until the day of probation shall be ended, and the door of mercy be forever shut.."

Solemnly there come to us down through the centuries the warning words of our Lord from the Mount of Olives:

"Take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares." "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

Could it be that in His Great Love for all the inhabitants of planet earth God is allowing C-19 to slow us down and giving us time to take inventory of our earthly and spiritual priorities. The heart of our of our Heavenly Father still yearns over each soul for which Jesus died. There is a day when our earthly probation ends just like Jesus said with His heart breaking to His own people...

Matthew 23:37-38
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

If there was ever a time, I think it is now to say....TAKE THE WORLD BUT GIVE ME JESUS....Don't You?

Dorine

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2020, 05:23:08 AM »
"The world, full of rioting, full of godless pleasure, is asleep, asleep in carnal security. Men are putting afar off the coming of the Lord. They laugh at warnings. The proud boast is made, "All things continue as they were from the beginning." "Tomorrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant." 2 Peter 3:4; Isaiah 56:12. We will go deeper into pleasure loving. But Christ says, "Behold, I come as a thief." Revelation 16:15. At the very time when the world is asking in scorn, "Where is the promise of His coming?" the signs are fulfilling. While they cry, "Peace and safety," sudden destruction is coming. When the scorner, the rejecter of truth, has become presumptuous; when the routine of work in the various money-making lines is carried on without regard to principle; when the student is eagerly seeking knowledge of everything but his Bible, Christ comes as a thief."
A perfect description of the days in which we live. Where is the heart? It's either with Jesus or with Satan. There is no neutral place.

Take my heart Lord Jesus for I can not give it of myself. Create in me a clean heart. Keep me wide awake to the deceptions of the devil. Open my ears that I may recognize Your voice. Keep me on the straight and narrow path so my feet will not falter and wonder into trouble. Make me an instrument of your peace that others may come to also know the joy of Your salvation. Amen.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2020, 05:48:14 AM »

In this world of chaos, what will endure? "Heaven and earth shall pass away: but My words shall not pass away" (Luke 21:33), is what Jesus said. Let us realize our continual need to abide in Jesus so we can realize the times we are living in and not only live ready, but help others to be living in readiness for Jesus' coming SO SOON!

"Everything in the world is in agitation. The signs of the times are ominous. Coming events cast their shadows before. The Spirit of God is withdrawing from the earth, and calamity follows calamity by sea and by land. There are tempests, earthquakes, fires, floods, murders of every grade. Who can read the future? Where is security? There is assurance in nothing that is human or earthly. Rapidly are men ranging themselves under the banner they have chosen. Restlessly are they waiting and watching the movements of their leaders. There are those who are waiting and watching and working for our Lord's appearing. Another class are falling into line under the generalship of the first great apostate. Few believe with heart and soul that we have a hell to shun and a heaven to win." {The Desire of Ages, page 636, paragraph 1}

Let us choose this day to serve Christ, and continue to walk with Him by grace through faith! Then the result of having received a new heart and a new mind is that all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing! Gladly will we affectionately obey God's law of love--the definition of freedom!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2020, 07:41:25 PM »
Amen!  We all agree that Jesus is coming soon. Why has He delayed His coming? Because there are some who have not been warned. Why?

In the prophecy of Jerusalem's destruction Christ said, "Because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." This prophecy will again be fulfilled. The abounding iniquity of that day finds its counterpart in this generation. So with the prediction in regard to the preaching of the gospel. Before the fall of Jerusalem, Paul, writing by the Holy Spirit, declared that the gospel was preached to "every creature which is under heaven." Colossians 1:23. So now, before the coming of the Son of man, the everlasting gospel is to be preached "to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." Revelation 14:6, 14. God "hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world." Acts 17:31. Christ tells us when that day shall be ushered in. He does not say that all the world will be converted, but that "this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." By giving the gospel to the world it is in our power to hasten our Lord's return. We are not only to look for but to hasten the coming of the day of God. 2 Peter 3:12, margin. Had the church of Christ done her appointed work as the Lord ordained, the whole world would before this have been warned, and the Lord Jesus would have come to our earth in power and great glory. 

Many do not agree with this.

"Had the church of Christ done her appointed work as the Lord ordained, the whole world would before this have been warned, and the Lord Jesus would have come to our earth in power and great glory."

We may hasten the coming of Jesus or we can delay His coming. Let's do all we can to encourage the church to take the gospel to the whole world beginning in our homes and neighborhood.