Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--68--In the Outer Court  (Read 16083 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--68--In the Outer Court
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2019, 06:16:25 PM »
"He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal." All who would bring forth fruit as workers together with Christ must first fall into the ground and die. The life must be cast into the furrow of the world's need. Self-love, self-interest, must perish. And the law of self-sacrifice is the law of self-preservation. The husbandman preserves his grain by casting it away. So in human life. To give is to live. The life that will be preserved is the life that is freely given in service to God and man. Those who for Christ's sake sacrifice their life in this world will keep it unto life eternal. The life spent on self is like the grain that is eaten. It disappears, but there is no increase. A man may gather all he can for self; he may live and think and plan for self; but his life passes away, and he has nothing. The law of self-serving is the law of self-destruction"

" All who have borne with Jesus the cross of sacrifice will be sharers with Him of His glory. It was the joy of Christ in His humiliation and pain that His disciples should be glorified with Him. They are the fruit of His self-sacrifice. The outworking in them of His own character and spirit is His reward, and will be His joy throughout eternity. This joy they share with Him as the fruit of their labor and sacrifice is seen in other hearts and lives. They are workers together with Christ, and the Father will honor them as He honors His Son."[/font]

What a HIGH CALLING is ours! What tremendous Privilege and Honor has been given to those who are wiling to TAKE UP THE CROSS & FOLLOW JESUS in service to " Others ".  BUT....It requires us to Die To Self so that we can be Filled with Holy Spirit POWER. Jesus said...Without Me Ye Can Do " NOTHING " --- Are You Willing? --- Am I willing?  Jesus again said... "You are either for Me or against Me! No man can serve two masters" Which one will we choose??  
Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2019, 06:06:12 AM »
"The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to Him." But the inquiring Greeks saw the cloud, heard the voice, comprehended its meaning, and discerned Christ indeed; to them He was revealed as the Sent of God."

And why did the Greeks understand when so many others didn't? Their hearts were open and searching for the whole truth while others had witnessed many miracles but still did not believe.  Only those who are willing to behold and accept the beautiful life of Christ will He give life to. "Look and live".  May today find us lifting up Christ in our own lives and to others by our words and actions.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2019, 07:02:45 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

"'Now is the judgment of this world,' Christ continued; 'now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all unto Me. This He said, signifying what death He should die.' This is the crisis of the world. If I become the propitiation for the sins of men, the world will be lighted up. Satan's hold upon the souls of men will be broken. The defaced image of God will be restored in humanity, and a family of believing saints will finally inherit the heavenly home. This is the result of Christ's death. The Saviour is lost in contemplation of the scene of triumph called up before Him. He sees the cross, the cruel, ignominious cross, with all its attending horrors, blazing with glory." {The Desire of Ages, page 625, paragraph 4}

May our focus today be on the cross, where all other mysteries finally are given explanation. When we suffer for Christ's sake, let us count it a joy to glory in the cross, for therein we find both desire, motivation, purpose and power to do the will of God in sharing the light of His love.
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2020, 04:06:59 PM »
"The law of self-sacrifice is the law of self-preservation. The husbandman preserves his grain by casting it away. So in human life.

"To give is to live."

The life that will be preserved is the life that is freely given in service to God and man.
Those who for Christ's sake sacrifice their life in this world will keep it unto life eternal. The life spent on self is like the grain that is eaten. It disappears, but there is no increase. A man may gather all he can for self; he may live and think and plan for self; but his life passes away, and he has nothing. The law of self-serving is the law of self-destruction"

" All who have borne with Jesus the cross of sacrifice will be sharers with Him of His glory. It was the joy of Christ in His humiliation and pain that His disciples should be glorified with Him. They are the fruit of His self-sacrifice. The outworking in them of His own character and spirit is His reward, and will be His joy throughout eternity. This joy they share with Him as the fruit of their labor and sacrifice is seen in other hearts and lives. They are workers together with Christ, and the Father will honor them as He honors His Son."

As recorded in John 12:32 Jesus said.."And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."

The Question Is....Are WE willing to Spent in the Service of Jesus so that "others" will be able to Rejoice in His Salvation?

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2020, 02:52:27 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

Happy Sabbath to all! Let this sink in to your heart and mind: God loves you like He loves Jesus! That means we have the privilege of sharing in the fellowship of His sufferings in selfless ministry that others may be brought to Him and eternally saved! There is no higher privilege or more weighty trust than this experience of character like Christ that God could offer us! What wondrous love is this, oh my soul!!!

"'If any man serve Me,' said Jesus, 'let him follow Me; and where I am, there shall also My servant be: if any man serve Me, him will My Father honor.' All who have borne with Jesus the cross of sacrifice will be sharers with Him of His glory. It was the joy of Christ in His humiliation and pain that His disciples should be glorified with Him. They are the fruit of His self-sacrifice. The outworking in them of His own character and spirit is His reward, and will be His joy throughout eternity. This joy they share with Him as the fruit of their labor and sacrifice is seen in other hearts and lives. They are workers together with Christ, and the Father will honor them as He honors His Son." {The Desire of Ages, page 624, paragraph 2}

Today let us give Jesus His reward by letting Him have ALL of us for HIS will to be wrought out in and through us. As we give our lives in self-sacrificial service, we find the greatest joy and the sweetest bliss! Duty becomes a delight and sacrifice a pleasure, for the purest joy springs from the deepest humiliation, and we see that joy at the cross of Calvary, where Jesus knew that by His death He would eternally secure the universe from sin and make possible our eternal salvation! What an incredible experience we may have in Christ today as we enjoy infinite intimacy with a God who gave EVERYTHING to save us. Now we have the privilege of being FULLY SURRENDERED to His will so His character is wrought through us--a character manifesting all of the fruits of the Spirit so that not one is missing!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2020, 07:05:09 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean and Brother Beacon. You both have presented a most amazing truth, the character of God will be revealed in all who cease resisting His drawing. And, for what purpose does God want to reveal His character in us? It is not only for our good and His joy, it is for the entire universe. He is also drawing the unfallen worlds to Himself.

"Now is the judgment of this world," Christ continued; "now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all unto Me. This He said, signifying what death He should die." This is the crisis of the world. If I become the propitiation for the sins of men, the world will be lighted up. Satan's hold upon the souls of men will be broken. The defaced image of God will be restored in humanity, and a family of believing saints will finally inherit the heavenly home. This is the result of Christ's death. The Saviour is lost in contemplation of the scene of triumph called up before Him. He sees the cross, the cruel, ignominious cross, with all its attending horrors, blazing with glory.
     But the work of human redemption is not all that is accomplished by the cross. The love of God is manifested to the universe. The prince of this world is cast out. The accusations which Satan has brought against God are refuted. The reproach which he has cast upon heaven is forever removed. Angels as well as men are drawn to the Redeemer. "I, if I be lifted up from the earth," He said, "will draw all unto Me." 

We see the "great controversy" being played out. Satan's lies are seen as such. God's love is clearly seen, and the power of His love is seen in those who are transformed from sinners into saints. This will be the final touch in God's plan to restore the universe on a safe and sure foundation where "affliction" shall not arise a second time. God is waiting on you and me to reveal that power. When His church goes through a time of trouble such as never was without a Mediator, then Jesus will say "it is finished" and will come and take us home! Let us hasten that day.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2020, 07:43:52 AM »
.....The seed buried in the ground produces fruit, and in turn this is planted. Thus the harvest is multiplied. So the death of Christ on the cross of Calvary will bear fruit unto eternal life. The contemplation of this sacrifice will be the glory of those who, as the fruit of it, will live through the eternal ages.

As I contemplate the mystery of God's grace this morning I am filled with a peace and joy that only God can give. We have the most thrilling news to share with lost souls. Many live in guilt and shame believing there is no hope for them. They need to hear the gospel so that they too may come to know Christ and His love for them. They will never know unless we are faithful gardeners, planting the seed of heaven's love.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2020, 06:14:04 PM »
"The work of human redemption is not all that is accomplished by the cross. The love of God is manifested to the universe. The prince of this world is cast out. The accusations which Satan has brought against God are refuted. The reproach which he has cast upon heaven is forever removed. Angels as well as men are drawn to the Redeemer."

The Gospel of John says in Chapter 12, Verse 32 "I, if I be lifted up from the earth," He said, "will draw all mankind unto Me."

What an awesome privilege is ours to be Ambassadors for the King of Kings ---- Let us make sure that what the world witnesses in our lives will be of such a character as to draw many others to accept Jesus as their Lord & Savior.

Jesus told us in Luke 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

Will we, through His transforming Grace and Love - Mercy & Forgiveness be willing "TO BE" the living witness that He needs? So that the harvest from His shed blood may increase the harvest of souls? 

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2020, 05:30:23 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Let us go forth in the great gospel harvest motivated by the loveliness of Jesus!!

The more time we focus on Jesus' infinite sacrifice, the more joy we find in His experience being wrought out in our lives. Only by the most universal law--by beholding we become changed--is lasting transformation possible. We need to look above the pull of the world, self and sin and fix our eyes on the glory of Calvary--the glory of our God becoming flesh to die in our place, to show us the depths of infinite love, and the power of His grace to transform us from being unrepentant rebels into obedient, willing, loving saints whose lives in continual complete surrender to Christ will inevitably bear all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we covet pain, toil and sacrifice for His dear sake!

"'If any man serve Me,' said Jesus, 'let him follow Me; and where I am, there shall also My servant be: if any man serve Me, him will My Father honor.' All who have borne with Jesus the cross of sacrifice will be sharers with Him of His glory. It was the joy of Christ in His humiliation and pain that His disciples should be glorified with Him. They are the fruit of His self-sacrifice. The outworking in them of His own character and spirit is His reward, and will be His joy throughout eternity. This joy they share with Him as the fruit of their labor and sacrifice is seen in other hearts and lives. They are workers together with Christ, and the Father will honor them as He honors His Son." {The Desire of Ages, page 624, paragraph 2}

The joy of Jesus is not a static joy--it does not only relate to a past experience, but it is meant to be exponential in its growth and blessing. While the devil is wreaking havoc on our world with the exponential spread of the coronavirus (for Satan is the author of all suffering, disease and death), we know that Jesus is simultaneously working an exponential miracle of hearts that are responding to His grace because they FEEL THEIR NEED of His help!! Oh, what a privilege it is to live in these closing moments before Jesus comes!! Let us spread the hope! You can share with those you love the opportunity to be blessed by the free completely online series "Hope Awakens," starting this Friday, April 17, 2020 at 7pm ET/7pm PT at hopeawakens.com! Let us keep our eyes constantly on Jesus!!

Dorine

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2020, 06:09:18 AM »
"The grain of wheat that preserves its own life can produce no fruit. It abides alone. Christ could, if He chose, save Himself from death. But should He do this, He must abide alone. He could bring no sons and daughters to God. Only by yielding up His life could He impart life to humanity. Only by falling into the ground to die could He become the seed of that vast harvest,--the great multitude that out of every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, are redeemed to God."

When we behold Jesus and begin to grasp what Jesus went through to make our salvation possible our hearts will burn with gratitude. The things of this world grow dim except for the mission we have before us in bringing lost souls to Christ. They will see in us the power and love of Christ in transforming the life. Everything about us will be evidence of our connection with Him.

Dorine

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2020, 05:16:57 AM »
"A foreboding of His conflict with the powers of darkness, a sense of the awful burden of human transgression, and the Father's wrath because of sin caused the spirit of Jesus to faint, and the pallor of death to overspread His countenance.      Then came divine submission to His Father's will. "For this cause," He said, "came I unto this hour. Father, glorify Thy name." Only through the death of Christ could Satan's kingdom be overthrown. Only thus could man be redeemed, and God be glorified. Jesus consented to the agony, He accepted the sacrifice. The Majesty of heaven consented to suffer as the Sin Bearer.

As I let these words sink in this morning I am reminded again of the love that exudes from the life of Jesus to someone such as I. He became our Sin Bearer because of His unimaginable love for you and me. These are not just words. It is truth and we owe everything to Him. He took upon himself what we deserve so that we may experience what He deserves. May we be doing all we can to share with others this incredible truth.

Beacon

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2020, 06:23:41 AM »
"All who have borne with Jesus the cross of sacrifice will be sharers with Him of His glory. It was the joy of Christ in His humiliation and pain that His disciples should be glorified with Him. They are the fruit of His self-sacrifice. The outworking in them of His own character and spirit is His reward, and will be His joy throughout eternity. This joy they share with Him as the fruit of their labor and sacrifice is seen in other hearts and lives. They are workers together with Christ, and the Father will honor them as He honors His Son."

What a HIGH CALLING is ours! What tremendous Privilege and Honor has been given to those who are wiling to TAKE UP THE CROSS & FOLLOW JESUS in service to " Others ". BUT....It requires us to Die To Self so that we can be Filled with Holy Spirit POWER. Jesus said...Without Me Ye Can Do " NOTHING " --- Are You Willing? --- Am I willing? Jesus again said... "You are either for Me or against Me! No man can serve two masters" Which one will we choose?? 

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2020, 07:18:21 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon!

Let us continually choose Jesus! He is our strength in these extremely trying last days that culminate in the Time of Trouble, the Sunday Law crisis, the outpouring of the seven last plaques, and the glorious return of Christ in power and glory! We have every reason to be ALL IN for Jesus!! We live in the most exciting time of all!!

"The seed buried in the ground produces fruit, and in turn this is planted. Thus the harvest is multiplied. So the death of Christ on the cross of Calvary will bear fruit unto eternal life. The contemplation of this sacrifice will be the glory of those who, as the fruit of it, will live through the eternal ages." {The Desire of Ages, page 623, paragraph 3}   

Just as Jesus went to Calvary, God's people will be tried to the uttermost while continually choosing to remain vitally connected to the Holy Spirit as a living demonstration that Christ has power to reproduce His character in the weakest of the weak (the fallen race keeps degenerating from generation to generation). By putting ourselves in the center of God's will, we are thus placed in the place where we are needed most, and God can use us to draw souls to Him as we uplift Jesus CONTINUALLY!

Beacon

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2020, 07:05:06 AM »
"The life must be cast into the furrow of the world's need. Self-love, self-interest, must perish. And the law of self-sacrifice is the law of self-preservation. The husbandman preserves his grain by casting it away. So in human life. To give is to live. The life that will be preserved is the life that is freely given in service to God and man. Those who for Christ's sake sacrifice their life in this world will keep it unto life eternal."

"All who have borne with Jesus the cross of sacrifice will be sharers with Him of His glory.
It was the joy of Christ in His humiliation and pain that His disciples should be glorified with Him.

They are the fruit of His self-sacrifice.

The outworking in them of His own character and spirit is His reward, and will be His joy throughout eternity."

It is my prayer today that we may also be willing to let our lives be spent for Jesus as it says in
Matthew 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2020, 11:30:30 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

It's harvest time! Jesus sowed His life in this world in dying for us, so He could reap a rich harvest of souls who partake of His Spirit and character! As Jesus finishes His ministry in the heavenly sanctuary very soon, those who have continued to walk by faith in Him are made fully ripe by beholding Him and letting Him work in and through them to seek and save the lost!

"The seed buried in the ground produces fruit, and in turn this is planted. Thus the harvest is multiplied. So the death of Christ on the cross of Calvary will bear fruit unto eternal life. The contemplation of this sacrifice will be the glory of those who, as the fruit of it, will live through the eternal ages." {The Desire of Ages, page 623, paragraph 3}

As we approach the transition from ministry in this world to the experience of ministry with Jesus after His second coming, let us realize our continual need of Jesus to do any good thing so that He may manifest through us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing--the inevitable effect of living by faith on the Son of God!

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2020, 10:06:35 PM »
Amen and amen!!  Let us give glory to God!

If I become the propitiation for the sins of men, the world will be lighted up. Satan's hold upon the souls of men will be broken. The defaced image of God will be restored in humanity, and a family of believing saints will finally inherit the heavenly home. This is the result of Christ's death. The Saviour is lost in contemplation of the scene of triumph called up before Him. He sees the cross, the cruel, ignominious cross, with all its attending horrors, blazing with glory.
     But the work of human redemption is not all that is accomplished by the cross. The love of God is manifested to the universe. The prince of this world is cast out. The accusations which Satan has brought against God are refuted. The reproach which he has cast upon heaven is forever removed. Angels as well as men are drawn to the Redeemer. "I, if I be lifted up from the earth," He said, "will draw all unto Me." 

Amen!!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2020, 04:59:43 AM »
    "The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to Him." But the inquiring Greeks saw the cloud, heard the voice, comprehended its meaning, and discerned Christ indeed; to them He was revealed as the Sent of God. "

Only those whose hearts are opened to truth will recognize the voice of God speaking to their hearts. To the rest it will be gibberish and foolishness. As we work for the lost we are not to try and convince anyone against their will. We are to keep moving on searching for the those who are hungering for truth. We will find them because the Holy Spirit will lead us to them. Those that reject what we share may grasp the message through someone else and readily accept it.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2020, 07:31:19 AM »
Christ said: “And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto Me” (John 12:32).

As the word “men” is supplied in the translation, Christ’s sacrifice was really to reach the whole universe in regard to God’s true character.

“But the work of human redemption is not all that is accomplished by the cross. The love of God is manifested to the universe. The prince of this world is cast out. The accusations which Satan has brought against God are refuted. The reproach which he has cast upon heaven is forever removed. Angels as well as men are drawn to the Redeemer. ‘I, if I be lifted up from the earth,’ He said, ‘will draw all unto Me.’” {The Desire of Ages, page 626, paragraph 1}

Let us be drawn by Christ and reflect His true character—all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in complete surrender of our heart in affectionate obedience to God’s law of love!

Beacon

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2020, 08:42:46 AM »
"Among the chief rulers also many believed on Him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue." They loved the praise of men rather than the approval of God. To save themselves from reproach and shame, they denied Christ, and rejected the offer of eternal life."

In Genesis chapter 7 & 8 We find the story of Noah. Noah preached for 120 years while the Ark was being built that a flood was coming and the earth would be destroyed and only those who would come into the ark would be saved.

But the people continued to Eat, Drink and be Merry.

Even when they saw the animals coming into the ark guided by an unseen hand they continued to laugh and mock Noah.

UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE.

The door was shut by unseen hands - then the great fountains of the deep broke open. THEN...the people wanted to come in but it was TOO LATE.

"And how many through all the centuries since have been doing the same thing! To them all the Saviour's warning words apply: "He that loveth his life shall lose it." "He that rejecteth Me," said Jesus, "and receiveth not My words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day." John 12:48. Alas for those who knew not the time of their visitation! Slowly and regretfully Christ left forever the precincts of the temple."

The Bible tells shows us that we are living in the last probationary time of this world's history. Time is running out for the inhabitants of planet earth. In Revelation 3:20 it says...Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me.

My Prayer is that we all might be willing to listen and respond in a positive manner to the call of our Saviour before He returns to take His faithful children home to glory. May we choose life NOW because when He comes IT WILL BE TOO LATE TO CHANGE OUR MINDS.

As we begin a New Year - May we take the time to reflect on how Many Blessings we have received throughout the challenges of 2020. Remember the promises of God, regardless of what 2021 may bring across our path. Jesus said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Beacon

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2021, 03:37:13 AM »
"All who have borne with Jesus the cross of sacrifice will be sharers with Him of His glory.

It was the joy of Christ in His humiliation and pain that His disciples should be glorified with Him. They are the fruit of His self-sacrifice. The outworking in them of His own character and spirit is His reward, and will be His joy throughout eternity. This joy they share with Him as the fruit of their labor and sacrifice is seen in other hearts and lives.

They are workers together with Christ, and the Father will honor them as He honors His Son."

What a HIGH CALLING is ours! What tremendous Privilege and Honor has been given to those who are wiling to TAKE UP THE CROSS & FOLLOW JESUS in service to " Others ". BUT....It requires us to Die To Self so that we can be Filled with Holy Spirit POWER.

"Jesus said...Without Me Ye Can Do " NOTHING " --- Are You Willing? --- Am I willing? Jesus again said... "You are either for Me or against Me! No man can serve two masters" Which one will we choose??