Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--68--In the Outer Court  (Read 10835 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--68--In the Outer Court
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2018, 06:18:16 AM »
I love how Jesus reproduces His character in us! That is His reward and His joy! He went to the cross to make heaven possible for us—not just when He comes in glory, but today as we abide in Him and He continues to write His story in us! Truly, heaven begins in the soul surrendered fully to Christ so His righteousness is revealed: all of the fruits of the spirit are seen—not one is missing!

“‘If any man serve Me,’ said Jesus, ‘let him follow Me; and where I am, there shall also My servant be: if any man serve Me, him will My Father honor.’ All who have borne with Jesus the cross of sacrifice will be sharers with Him of His glory. It was the joy of Christ in His humiliation and pain that His disciples should be glorified with Him. They are the fruit of His self-sacrifice. The outworking in them of His own character and spirit is His reward, and will be His joy throughout eternity. This joy they share with Him as the fruit of their labor and sacrifice is seen in other hearts and lives. They are workers together with Christ, and the Father will honor them as He honors His Son.” {The Desire of Ages, page 624, paragraph 2}

Let us go forth to increase Jesus' blood-bought reward--more souls to be redeemed by His sacrifice wrought out in us! Hallelujah!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2018, 06:52:02 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. What a wonderful message we have. The men from the West who came to speak with Jesus are a type and shadow of those in the world who are seeking truth. They know not why it is that Jesus came to this dark spot in the universe a helpless baby in the likeness of sinful flesh, to fight the battle of life as we must fight it, to suffer and die, at the risk of failure and eternal loss.

"Now is the judgment of this world," Christ continued; "now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all unto Me. This He said, signifying what death He should die." This is the crisis of the world. If I become the propitiation for the sins of men, the world will be lighted up. Satan's hold upon the souls of men will be broken. The defaced image of God will be restored in humanity, and a family of believing saints will finally inherit the heavenly home. This is the result of Christ's death. The Saviour is lost in contemplation of the scene of triumph called up before Him. He sees the cross, the cruel, ignominious cross, with all its attending horrors, blazing with glory.
    But the work of human redemption is not all that is accomplished by the cross. The love of God is manifested to the universe. The prince of this world is cast out. The accusations which Satan has brought against God are refuted. The reproach which he has cast upon heaven is forever removed. Angels as well as men are drawn to the Redeemer. "I, if I be lifted up from the earth," He said, "will draw all unto Me." 

What a message! What a privilege is ours to find those who want to know the truth, and what a joy to tell them!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2018, 07:32:30 AM »
"But though He had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on Him." They had once asked the Saviour, "What sign showest Thou then, that we may see, and believe Thee?" John 6:30. Innumerable signs had been given; but they had closed their eyes and hardened their hearts. Now that the Father Himself had spoken, and they could ask for no further sign, they still refused to believe.       "Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on Him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue." They loved the praise of men rather than the approval of God. To save themselves from reproach and shame, they denied Christ, and rejected the offer of eternal life. And how many through all the centuries since have been doing the same thing! To them all the Saviour's warning words apply: "He that loveth his life shall lose it." "He that rejecteth Me," said Jesus, "and receiveth not My words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day." John 12:48.

How is this possible? How can such love receive so much hatred? It should be a strong warning to everyone against yielding to selfish desires even in the smallest areas.  If anyone thinks they can play with fire and not get burnt they are fooling only themselves.  No one is a match for the devil. How it must crush the heart of Christ when He is longing to free the sinner from his prison. All He wants and needs is 100% of our hearts. We are all slaves; either to Christ or to Satan. I know whom I choose today.

"(Jos 24:15)  .....As for my family and me, we will serve the LORD.

Yes Richard, what a wonderful message we have. I love to listen to my Saviour through His word. What love, what sacrifice and I like what you said Pastor Sean "I love how Jesus reproduces His character in us! That is His reward and His joy!" It's a rewarding and exciting experience to live for Christ. Even through the valley's He is there. It's not the excitement of the world but a calm, peaceful reality. 
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2018, 03:31:57 AM »
There is no greater joy than being in continual union and communion with Christ as He produces His character in our souls (all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing, as the life is lived in surrendered harmony to all one knows of God’s law). But even more joy comes as this experience produces fruit in other lives!! Let us experience the joy of the Lord that He may receive His reward!!

“‘If any man serve Me,’ said Jesus, ‘let him follow Me; and where I am, there shall also My servant be: if any man serve Me, him will My Father honor.’ All who have borne with Jesus the cross of sacrifice will be sharers with Him of His glory. It was the joy of Christ in His humiliation and pain that His disciples should be glorified with Him. They are the fruit of His self-sacrifice. The outworking in them of His own character and spirit is His reward, and will be His joy throughout eternity. This joy they share with Him as the fruit of their labor and sacrifice is seen in other hearts and lives. They are workers together with Christ, and the Father will honor them as He honors His Son.” – {The Desire of Ages, page 624, paragraph 2}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2018, 05:16:27 AM »
"The seed buried in the ground produces fruit, and in turn this is planted. Thus the harvest is multiplied. So the death of Christ on the cross of Calvary will bear fruit unto eternal life. The contemplation of this sacrifice will be the glory of those who, as the fruit of it, will live through the eternal ages.       The grain of wheat that preserves its own life can produce no fruit. It abides alone. Christ could, if He chose, save Himself from death. But should He do this, He must abide alone. He could bring no sons and daughters to God. Only by yielding up His life could He impart life to humanity. Only by falling into the ground to die could He become the seed of that vast harvest,--the great multitude that out of every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, are redeemed to God."

What a glorious picture of love and self-sacrifice. I feel so blessed again this morning to know this wonderful Saviour. No matter what trials I may face they are nothing compared to what Jesus went through for you and me. I too must bury self so that God will not only produce lovely fruit in my character but to be an instrument God uses to bring many souls to His kingdom.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2018, 05:23:30 AM »
What Joy there is as we understand our work extends into eternity! It was only in dying that Jesus could save us. And it is only in US dying to self that we can influence others to turn to Christ with the whole heart. I contemplated for a moment the fact that our reward is one that will last through the Eternal ages! What a thought! And, the transformation that takes place in our lives is Jesus' reward. And that too is eternal. What Joy to contemplate that it is our privilege to bless our dear Lord!

"He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal." All who would bring forth fruit as workers together with Christ must first fall into the ground and die. The life must be cast into the furrow of the world's need. Self-love, self-interest, must perish. And the law of self-sacrifice is the law of self-preservation. The husbandman preserves his grain by casting it away. So in human life. To give is to live. The life that will be preserved is the life that is freely given in service to God and man. Those who for Christ's sake sacrifice their life in this world will keep it unto life eternal.
     The life spent on self is like the grain that is eaten. It disappears, but there is no increase. A man may gather all he can for self; he may live and think and plan for self; but his life passes away, and he has nothing. The law of self-serving is the law of self-destruction. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2018, 05:24:06 AM »
Amen Dorine!  Christ chose death over living without us. It's hard to wrap our human minds around this sometimes but that is because we don't have the depth of love that He has for His own creation. So we in turn with grateful hearts die to self so He can live in and through us. We love Him because He first loved us!
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2018, 05:25:41 AM »
But the work of human redemption is not all that is accomplished by the cross. The love of God is manifested to the universe. The prince of this world is cast out. The accusations which Satan has brought against God are refuted. The reproach which he has cast upon heaven is forever removed. Angels as well as men are drawn to the Redeemer. "I, if I be lifted up from the earth," He said, "will draw all unto Me." 

This reminds me of these words from Paul...

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

By beholding we become changed. The more we see loveliness of Christ, the more we see His beauty. The more we come to adore the ONE who first loved us and more we long to become like Him and His sacrifice will be our subject of study for eternity!! What a thought! However, as pointed out in this sentence it wasn't just our redemption that was accomplished at the cross. There is a whole universe to be mindful of. Yes, our little atom of a planet in the vast universe is where God has seemingly bent all His powers towards but it's a little narrow to think it's all about us. There is another discussion here at TRO that you might think about joining in on.... What was Secured by the Death of Christ
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2018, 06:17:35 AM »
Amen, Jim! How do we die to self? How do we come to hate our lives in this world for the sake of Christ? By beholding Christ uplifted on the cross, this miracle is accomplished for all who yield fully to Him. The selfish heart is broken and crucified, and the new heart of faith working by love is created in the soul, filling us with love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, meekness, goodness, faith, and temperance--so that not one of the traits of the divine nature is missing as long as we are beholding Christ and surrendered to Him continually! In no other way can our sin problem be solved. In no other way can we overcome with Christ and reflect His character to the universe. And as Christ fulfills His purpose in our lives, His character stands vindicated to a universe that sees the depth of the love of God, and the power of grace to transform sinners into saints who will have a purpose with Him for eternity, and all the universe will be safe from sin ever entering again.

"With this truth Christ connects the lesson of self-sacrifice that all should learn: 'He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.' All who would bring forth fruit as workers together with Christ must first fall into the ground and die. The life must be cast into the furrow of the world's need. Self-love, self-interest, must perish. And the law of self-sacrifice is the law of self-preservation. The husbandman preserves his grain by casting it away. So in human life. To give is to live. The life that will be preserved is the life that is freely given in service to God and man. Those who for Christ's sake sacrifice their life in this world will keep it unto life eternal." {The Desire of Ages, page 623, paragraph 5}

Let us yield fully to Christ and have Him work this great miracle of self-sacrificing love in our hearts and lives today, and each moment in our journey heavenward as we invite others in the path of joy--the joy of seeing souls redeemed by His sacrifice!

Beacon

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2019, 08:06:36 PM »
 "And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast: the same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus. When Christ heard the eager request, "We would see Jesus," echoing the hungering cry of the world, His countenance lighted up, and He said, "The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified." In the request of the Greeks He saw an earnest of the results of His great sacrifice.... The people of all lands and all ages would be drawn by the Saviour's cross. So shall many "come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 8:11.... The Greeks longed to know the truth in regard to His mission. "We would see Jesus," they said. Their desire was granted.

Have you ever had to face a situation that made you feel ALL ALONE - THAT NO ONE CARED? - AND YOU DIDN'T KNOW HOW YOU COULD FACE THE FUTURE?? We know that Jesus longed for human encouragement during His earthly journey. Then, when Jesus was just hours away from giving His life on the Cross of Calvary, when all looked like His mission could be for nought, a delegation of GREEKS came looking for Him, Saying to Philip..." Sir, we would see Jesus", " New Joy was found and "His countenance lighted up" Remember Jesus said, " I will never leave you nor forsake you."

"The hour of Christ's glorification had come. He was standing in the shadow of the cross, and the inquiry of the Greeks showed Him that the sacrifice He was about to make would bring many sons and daughters to God...By making this propitiation for the sins of men, Christ knew that His kingdom would be perfected, and would extend throughout the world. He would work as the Restorer, and His Spirit would prevail. For a moment He looked into futurity, and heard the voices proclaiming in all parts of the earth, "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." John 1:29

Dear Friends...Whatever you may be facing today always remember to focus on the Power of Jesus and not on the problem. Put in a 911 call to heaven via the Holy Spirit and this is what you will hear...." Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27
Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2019, 06:10:54 AM »
"Alas for those who knew not the time of their visitation! Slowly and regretfully Christ left forever the precincts of the temple."

This last sentence is so sad. As we have walked with Jesus through these pages we see a life so filled with love and self sacrifice for His Father and others. How could such love be hated and rejected and murdered? What a mystery. The power of sin should make every child of God run as fast and as far away from it as possible.

Only by beholding Jesus and what He has done for us and continues to do will we even recognize sin in all it's forms. Never will we experience victory over temptations in our own strength. We may occasionally see apparent results but they end up in a round of ups and downs and if we continue in that vein we will come to a point that we think that is the Christian's walk. It will be impossible to have the peace and joy in our lives that the bible speaks of.

Mat 11:28  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2019, 10:49:42 AM »
Amen, Beacon and Dorine!

Jesus' death is what offers us life; it is as we die to our own ways, our own interests, that we find the joy of His abiding presence leading us in self-sacrifice!

"With this truth Christ connects the lesson of self-sacrifice that all should learn: 'He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.' All who would bring forth fruit as workers together with Christ must first fall into the ground and die. The life must be cast into the furrow of the world's need. Self-love, self-interest, must perish. And the law of self-sacrifice is the law of self-preservation. The husbandman preserves his grain by casting it away. So in human life. To give is to live. The life that will be preserved is the life that is freely given in service to God and man. Those who for Christ's sake sacrifice their life in this world will keep it unto life eternal." {The Desire of Ages, page 623, paragraph 5}

Beacon

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2019, 08:02:51 PM »
"Among the chief rulers also many believed on Him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue." They loved the praise of men rather than the approval of God. To save themselves from reproach and shame, they denied Christ, and rejected the offer of eternal life."

In Genesis chapter 7 & 8 We find the story of Noah. Noah preached for 120 years while the Ark was being built that a flood was coming and the earth would be destroyed and only those who would come into the ark would be saved. But the people continued to Eat, Drink and be Merry. Even when they saw the animals coming into the ark guided by an unseen hand they continued to laugh and mock Noah. UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE. The door was shut by unseen hands - then the great fountains of the deep broke open. THEN...the people wanted to come in but it was TOO LATE.

"And how many through all the centuries since have been doing the same thing! To them all the Saviour's warning words apply: "He that loveth his life shall lose it." "He that rejecteth Me," said Jesus, "and receiveth not My words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day." John 12:48. Alas for those who knew not the time of their visitation! Slowly and regretfully Christ left forever the precincts of the temple."

The Bible tells shows us that we are living in the last probationary time of this world's history. Time is running out for the inhabitants of planet earth. In Revelation 3:20 it says...Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me. My Prayer is that we all might be willing to listen and respond in a positive manner to the call of our Saviour before He returns to take His faithful children home to glory. May we choose life NOW because when He comes IT WILL BE TOO LATE TO CHANGE OUR MINDS.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2019, 06:55:06 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Today is the day of salvation, and as Christ was going to the cross, He knew what would be its result. With joy He anticipated that you and I would behold His loveliness of character, and that by beholding His sacrifice we also would be forgiven, transformed, and sent forth to reveal His character of love to the universe!

"'Now is the judgment of this world,'Christ continued; 'now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all unto Me. This He said, signifying what death He should die.' This is the crisis of the world. If I become the propitiation for the sins of men, the world will be lighted up. Satan's hold upon the souls of men will be broken. The defaced image of God will be restored in humanity, and a family of believing saints will finally inherit the heavenly home. This is the result of Christ's death. The Saviour is lost in contemplation of the scene of triumph called up before Him. He sees the cross, the cruel, ignominious cross, with all its attending horrors, blazing with glory." {The Desire of Ages, page 625, paragraph 4}

May we not see the path before us as one to be shirked or dreaded, but, knowing what Christ has faced for us, and how He promises to walk with us, may we have the joy of His abiding presence, a peace from Him that passes understanding, and a deep unselfish love for God and others that is implanted by the Holy Spirit because we choose moment-by-moment to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2019, 08:32:04 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean.  Christ has gained the victory for us over death. If we hate our life in this world, then death is but a short sleep until we see Jesus face to face. The law of self sacrifice is the law of life, it is the law of heaven.

There is nothing, save the selfish heart of man, that lives unto itself. No bird that cleaves the air, no animal that moves upon the ground, but ministers to some other life. There is no leaf of the forest, or lowly blade of grass, but has its ministry. Every tree and shrub and leaf pours forth that element of life without which neither man nor animal could live; and man and animal, in turn, minister to the life of tree and shrub and leaf. The flowers breathe fragrance and unfold their beauty in blessing to the world. The sun sheds its light to gladden a thousand worlds. The ocean, itself the source of all our springs and fountains, receives the streams from every land, but takes to give. The mists ascending from its bosom fall in showers to water the earth, that it may bring forth and bud.

The angels of glory find their joy in giving,—giving love and tireless watchcare to souls that are fallen and unholy. Heavenly beings woo the hearts of men; they bring to this dark world light from the courts above; by gentle and patient ministry they move upon the human spirit, to bring the lost into a fellowship with Christ which is even closer than they themselves can know.  Desire of Ages, chapter one.

The most beautiful writing I have ever read, and the truth that reveals our great need. The carnal heart lives for self and must be transformed. As Brother Beacon has written, Jesus stands at the door of the evil heart seeking entrance. If we allow Jesus in, then we shall have victory over sin and live with Jesus for eternity.

Pastor Sean has shared this, but I too was impressed with this truth.

The defaced image of God will be restored in humanity, and a family of believing saints will finally inherit the heavenly home. This is the result of Christ’s death. The Saviour is lost in contemplation of the scene of triumph called up before Him. He sees the cross, the cruel, ignominious cross, with all its attending horrors, blazing with glory. 

We too can glory in our tribulation knowing it works for our good and God's glory as we abide in Christ and He in us!

Dorine

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2019, 08:15:59 PM »
"The life must be cast into the furrow of the world's need. Self-love, self-interest, must perish. And the law of self-sacrifice is the law of self-preservation. The husbandman preserves his grain by casting it away. So in human life. To give is to live. The life that will be preserved is the life that is freely given in service to God and man. Those who for Christ's sake sacrifice their life in this world will keep it unto life eternal."

True joy is in service to others. It's giving of our time and energy to bring the good news of salvation to those we come in contact with. Seeing soul's set free from the chains of sin is much more gratifying than having our selfish desires fulfilled. Only through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is this possible.

Beacon

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2019, 07:52:56 PM »
"It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross."

"As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be "changed into the same image from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18

The Guaranteed Promises of God are Awesome!! I found this quote in the book " Thoughts From the Mount of Blessing" Pg 101.

"If you will seek the Lord and be converted every day; if you will of your own spiritual choice be free and joyous in God; if with gladsome consent of heart to His gracious call you come wearing the yoke of Christ,—the yoke of obedience and service,—all your murmurings will be stilled, all your difficulties will be removed, all the perplexing problems that now confront you will be solved."

I want to be faithful in sharing the Old Old Story of Jesus and His Love Everyday, In Every Way, but this will only be possible if first I come and drink from the fountain of life in that " Thoughtful Hour of Prayer " will you join with me and endeavor to keep at least 1 hr/day at the foot of the cross dedicated to Him  so that we can be fully charged up with His Love and be committed to sharing it with others when  the Holy Spirit presents that opportunity? 

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2019, 07:22:02 AM »
Praise the Lord, Brother Beacon! As we commune with Christ, we find transformation in our characters by the grace of Christ!

As we contemplate the life of Christ, we become more like Him from one degree of character to the next!

Let us abide in Christ by a living faith surrender, entirely surrendered to His will, as Jesus has modeled for us!

"Then came divine submission to His Father's will. 'For this cause,' He said, 'came I unto this hour. Father, glorify Thy name.' Only through the death of Christ could Satan's kingdom be overthrown. Only thus could man be redeemed, and God be glorified. Jesus consented to the agony, He accepted the sacrifice. The Majesty of heaven consented to suffer as the Sin Bearer. 'Father, glorify Thy name,' He said. As Christ spoke these words, a response came from the cloud which hovered above His head: 'I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.' Christ's whole life, from the manger to the time when these words were spoken, had glorified God; and in the coming trial His divine-human sufferings would indeed glorify His Father's name." {The Desire of Ages, page 624, paragraph 4}

Let us glorify Christ's name by abiding in Him!     

Dorine

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2019, 10:17:14 AM »
"These men came from the West to find the Saviour at the close of His life, as the wise men had come from the East at the beginning. At the time of Christ's birth the Jewish people were so engrossed with their own ambitious plans that they knew not of His advent. The magi from a heathen land came to the manger with their gifts, to worship the Saviour. So these Greeks, representing the nations, tribes, and peoples of the world, came to see Jesus. So the people of all lands and all ages would be drawn by the Saviour's cross. So shall many "come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 8:11."

What a thrilling thought that all who have lifted Jesus up and been drawn to His cross will soon sit down together with the patriarchs and with Jesus in the kingdom of heaven.  We may have to live in this world while we wait but we must never be a part of it. The prayer on my heart today is that God will fill me with His Spirit so that self will be buried and the needs of others will be my focus.  The words "We would see Jesus,"  brought such joy to Jesus' heart as He was nearing the worst ordeal of His life. It still brings joy to Him when a soul gives their lives to Him in full surrender. And we have the privilege of being a part of bringing others to Him. Heaven will be a wonderful place.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2019, 09:15:42 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon!  That all would discover this secret as to how one is converted daily!

"It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross."

"As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be "changed into the same image from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18

The Guaranteed Promises of God are Awesome!! I found this quote in the book " Thoughts From the Mount of Blessing" Pg 101.

"If you will seek the Lord and be converted every day; if you will of your own spiritual choice be free and joyous in God; if with gladsome consent of heart to His gracious call you come wearing the yoke of Christ,—the yoke of obedience and service,—all your murmurings will be stilled, all your difficulties will be removed, all the perplexing problems that now confront you will be solved."

I want to be faithful in sharing the Old Old Story of Jesus and His Love Everyday, In Every Way, but this will only be possible if first I come and drink from the fountain of life in that " Thoughtful Hour of Prayer " will you join with me and endeavor to keep at least 1 hr/day at the foot of the cross dedicated to Him  so that we can be fully charged up with His Love and be committed to sharing it with others when  the Holy Spirit presents that opportunity?