Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--65--The Temple Cleansed Again  (Read 64544 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--65--The Temple Cleansed Again
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2022, 06:19:14 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Who is leading? And who is building a temple that will never be destroyed?

"In infinite wisdom, God chose the foundation stone, and laid it Himself. He called it "a sure foundation." The entire world may lay upon it their burdens and griefs; it can endure them all. With perfect safety they may build upon it. Christ is a "tried stone." Those who trust in Him, He never disappoints. He has borne every test. He has endured the pressure of Adam's guilt, and the guilt of his posterity, and has come off more than conqueror of the powers of evil. He has borne the burdens cast upon Him by every repenting sinner. In Christ the guilty heart has found relief. He is the sure foundation. All who make Him their dependence rest in perfect security." {The Desire of Ages, page 598, paragraph 2}

God laid upon Jesus all our iniquities; now we can yield the whole heart to Him to cleanse and purify, so all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing may be manifest in our lives as we are empowered to affectionately obey God from the new heart! Then each of us get to be living stones as part of His temple that will endure throughout eternity--a living building of souls who uniquely reflect the loveliness of Jesus because we have Him in our hearts and build upon Him as our sure foundation! Would you like Jesus to be your sure foundation? Surrender all you have and are to Him and let Him lead you in building a character in union and communion with the Holy Spirit that will endure by His grace forever!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2022, 08:38:16 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean! His glory which is life to the righteous is a consuming fire to the unrepentant.

And on "whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder." The people who rejected Christ were soon to see their city and their nation destroyed. Their glory would be broken, and scattered as the dust before the wind. And what was it that destroyed the Jews? It was the rock which, had they built upon it, would have been their security. It was the goodness of God despised, the righteousness spurned, the mercy slighted. Men set themselves in opposition to God, and all that would have been their salvation was turned to their destruction. All that God ordained unto life they found to be unto death. In the Jews' crucifixion of Christ was involved the destruction of Jerusalem. The blood shed upon Calvary was the weight that sank them to ruin for this world and for the world to come. So it will be in the great final day, when judgment shall fall upon the rejecters of God's grace. Christ, their rock of offense, will then appear to them as an avenging mountain. The glory of His countenance, which to the righteous is life, will be to the wicked a consuming fire. Because of love rejected, grace despised, the sinner will be destroyed.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2022, 08:40:21 PM »
"What was it that destroyed the Jews? "
"It was the rock which, had they built upon it, would have been their security."

"It was the goodness of God despised, the righteousness spurned, the mercy slighted."

"Men set themselves in opposition to God."

"All that would have been their salvation was turned to their destruction."

"All that God ordained unto life they found to be unto death."

"In the Jews' crucifixion of Christ was involved the destruction of Jerusalem."

"The blood shed upon Calvary was the weight that sank them to ruin for this world and for the world to come."

"So it will be in the great final day, when judgment shall fall upon the rejecters of God's grace."

"Christ, their rock of offense, will then appear to them as an avenging mountain."

"The glory of His countenance, which to the righteous is life, will be to the wicked a consuming fire."

"Because of love rejected, grace despised, the sinner will be destroyed."

Today Jesus is calling each one of us to turn from our sins and live. It say in...

"Ezekiel 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?"

The Choice is " OURS " How happy we should be that God Allows U-Turns. But don't delay because this is a Limited Time Offer. Probationary Time for Our Lives & Planet Earth is soon to close!!

===========================
I致e wandered far away from God,
  Now I知 coming home;
The paths of sin too long I致e trod,
  Lord, I知 coming home.
    Coming home, coming home,
  Nevermore to roam;
Open wide Thine arms of love;
    Lord, I知 coming home.
I致e wasted many precious years,
  Now I知 coming home;
I now repent with bitter tears,
  Lord, I知 coming home.
I知 tired of sin and straying, Lord,
  Now I知 coming home;
I値l trust Thy love, believe Thy word;
  Lord, I知 coming home.
My soul is sick, my heart is sore,
  Now I知 coming home;
My strength renew, my hope restore:
  Lord, I知 coming home.
My only hope, my only plea,
  Now I知 coming home;
That Jesus died, and died for me;
  Lord, I知 coming home.
I need His cleansing blood, I know,
  Now I知 coming home;
O wash me whiter than the snow;
  Lord, I知 coming home.

Lyrics & Music : William James Kirkpatrick (1838-1921)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2022, 06:43:18 AM »
"To those who believe, Christ is the sure foundation. These are they who fall upon the Rock and are broken. Submission to Christ and faith in Him are here represented. To fall upon the Rock and be broken is to give up our self-righteousness and to go to Christ with the humility of a child, repenting of our transgressions, and believing in His forgiving love. And so also it is by faith and obedience that we build on Christ as our foundation."

Our carnal natures are constantly at war with good. Satan is doing all he can to keep us distracted from spending time with Jesus. Taking our eyes off Jesus for even a moment gives Satan an open door. God does not force us to come to Him. He woos and draws us with His love and grace and only as we are spending time everyday with Him and maintaining that connection through out the day are we kept from evil. May our witness today show others that we have fallen on the rock and been broken.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2022, 09:46:34 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

Let us come to Christ in true submission of our will, so He can renew us in the image of His infinite purity! His transforming grace can make a sinner like you and me into a saint who is kept from falling back into sin! All of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing as long as we are connected to Christ, the living Rock of our salvation!

To those who believe, Christ is the sure foundation. These are they who fall upon the Rock and are broken. Submission to Christ and faith in Him are here represented. To fall upon the Rock and be broken is to give up our self-righteousness and to go to Christ with the humility of a child, repenting of our transgressions, and believing in His forgiving love. And so also it is by faith and obedience that we build on Christ as our foundation. {The Desire of Ages, page 599, paragraph 3}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2022, 10:31:22 AM »
     Looking with pity upon them, the Saviour continued, "Did ye never read in the Scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes? Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder."
     This prophecy the Jews had often repeated in the synagogues, applying it to the coming Messiah. Christ was the cornerstone of the Jewish economy, and of the whole plan of salvation. This foundation stone the Jewish builders, the priests and rulers of Israel, were now rejecting. The Saviour called their attention to the prophecies that would show them their danger. By every means in His power He sought to make plain to them the nature of the deed they were about to do.
     And His words had another purpose. In asking the question, "When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?" Christ designed that the Pharisees should answer as they did. He designed that they should condemn themselves. His warnings, failing to arouse them to repentance, would seal their doom, and He wished them to see that they had brought ruin on themselves. He designed to show them the justice of God in the withdrawal of their national privileges, which had already begun, and which would end, not only in the destruction of their temple and their city, but in the dispersion of the nation. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2022, 08:02:46 PM »
"The people who rejected Christ were soon to see their city and their nation destroyed."

Their glory would be broken, and scattered as the dust before the wind."

"What was it that destroyed the Jews?"

"It was the rock which, had they built upon it, would have been their security."

"It was the goodness of God despised, the righteousness spurned, the mercy slighted."

"Men set themselves in opposition to God, and all that would have been their salvation was turned to their destruction. All that God ordained unto life they found to be unto death. In the Jews' crucifixion of Christ was involved the destruction of Jerusalem. The blood shed upon Calvary was the weight that sank them to ruin for this world and for the world to come."

"So it will be in the great final day, when judgment shall fall upon the rejecters of God's grace. Christ, their rock of offense, will then appear to them as an avenging mountain."

"The glory of His countenance, which to the righteous is life, will be to the wicked a consuming fire. Because of love rejected, grace despised, the sinner will be destroyed."

Hark The Voice of JESUS CALLING, CALLING FOR YOU AND & ME,  Will "WE" Heed and Accept His Call???

=======================
I致e wandered far away from God,
  Now I知 coming home;
The paths of sin too long I致e trod,
  Lord, I知 coming home.
    Coming home, coming home,
  Nevermore to roam;
Open wide Thine arms of love;
    Lord, I知 coming home.
I致e wasted many precious years,
  Now I知 coming home;
I now repent with bitter tears,
  Lord, I知 coming home.
I知 tired of sin and straying, Lord,
  Now I知 coming home;
I値l trust Thy love, believe Thy word;
  Lord, I知 coming home.
My soul is sick, my heart is sore,
  Now I知 coming home;
My strength renew, my hope restore:
  Lord, I知 coming home.
My only hope, my only plea,
  Now I知 coming home;
That Jesus died, and died for me;
  Lord, I知 coming home.
I need His cleansing blood, I know,
  Now I知 coming home;
O wash me whiter than the snow;
  Lord, I知 coming home.

Lyrics & Music:William James Kirkpatrick (1838-1921)
Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2022, 03:42:55 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon!!  It is not a pleasant picture presented to us today. Many teach that Jesus never entered into controversy with the enemy. Today, we get a clear picture of what Jesus did when evil men attempted to show Him  an imposter. He hardly ever remained silent. As His time in this world drew to a close, He become more pointed in His message to Israel and her leaders. He desired that those seeking truth would be able to discern the error of the leaders.

By many illustrations and repeated warnings, Jesus showed what would be the result to the Jews of rejecting the Son of God. In these words He was addressing all in every age who refuse to receive Him as their Redeemer. Every warning is for them. The desecrated temple, the disobedient son, the false husbandmen, the contemptuous builders, have their counterpart in the experience of every sinner. Unless he repent, the doom which they foreshadowed will be his.   

We are saved by God's grace, but grace has its end for those who continue to resist the truth. Again and again, day by day we read of the plan of salvation an the need to repent, to be truly converted.  Why is it in every reading? Because God loves us and wants us to see that man destroys himself by continually resisting that still small voice that points us to our continual need of God's grace. Warning after warning comes until the sinner can no longer hear Jesus calling. Then Jesus ceases to knock on the door of the heart and tells the angels to leave him in his sins, and to go to others seeking the truth. How very sad that those who have been so greatly blessed will not appreciated what great things God has done for us.

Today, in America we celebrate a most wonderful thing. America has been greatly blessed by God. With Israel, their national apostasy led to national ruin. So we see today that by rejecting God's love, America has been trending ever downward in morality. Good is called evil and evil is called good. When the Trade Towers were brought down we witnessed God's hand being withdrawn from not only America but the world. As He withdraws His Spirit from the world, He is pouring it out upon His church and those in the world who are seeking truth. The holiday today is Thanksgiving Day. It is a time like the weekly Sabbath that we can stop from our daily work and contemplate the multitude of blessings God has given to America and to us individually.  While sin has marred God's work in the world, there is still evidence of His love and creative power in nature and all that He does to save us from ourselves. Share your blessings with others today and point all to Jesus Christ who has proved His love for us at a very high cost. Let the world give thanks to our Creator God!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2022, 06:04:25 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

Happy Thanksgiving! We can be so thankful that Jesus is a sure foundation for character that will last forever! All our sins and griefs He can fully bear and take from us, healing our hearts with the new one He gives us in true conversion, enabling us to navigate the storms of temptation and walk in harmony with His word with all of the fruits of the Spirit in our lives without one missing!

"To those who believe, Christ is the sure foundation. These are they who fall upon the Rock and are broken. Submission to Christ and faith in Him are here represented. To fall upon the Rock and be broken is to give up our self-righteousness and to go to Christ with the humility of a child, repenting of our transgressions, and believing in His forgiving love. And so also it is by faith and obedience that we build on Christ as our foundation." {The Desire of Ages, page 599, paragraph 3}

True obedience springs from an intelligent appreciation of the loveliness of Jesus! He has power and grace to sustain each of us and prepare us for heaven as we cooperate with Him! Praise the Lord! We have so much to be thankful for because of Jesus!!

Philip T

« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2022, 08:50:31 AM »
  To those who believe, Christ is the sure foundation. These are they who fall upon the Rock and are broken. Submission to Christ and faith in Him are here represented. To fall upon the Rock and be broken is to give up our self-righteousness and to go to Christ with the humility of a child, repenting of our transgressions, and believing in His forgiving love. And so also it is by faith and obedience that we build on Christ as our foundation.

As I read this morning the paragraph impressed me, it is the path to salvation and eternal life. We need to fall on the rock, Christ, confess all of our sins, surrendering all to Him believing in his gift of forgiving love (perfect life death on the cross, and resurrection) i.e., free gift of grace. Then as we walk the path of sanctification by faith in Jesus and obedience and love for Him, we build the foundation (character) we need to reach heaven.