Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--65--The Temple Cleansed Again  (Read 61611 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--65--The Temple Cleansed Again
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2020, 03:24:57 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine! And Brother Beacon, indeed we can be intentional about how our worship is to reflect the character of a holy God!

What is your foundation? What is your security? In a world where EVERYTHING is changing SO QUICKLY, what can we safely depend upon when we are tempted, tried, and in difficulty? What is the only source of enduring strength for now and forever?

"He is the Rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He" (Deuteronomy 32:4). We must come to Jesus, the Rock, the Word who cannot fail us! "Heaven and earth shall pass away: but My words shall not pass away" (Mark 13:31).

"Upon this living stone, Jews and Gentiles alike may build. This is the only foundation upon which we may securely build. It is broad enough for all, and strong enough to sustain the weight and burden of the whole world. And by connection with Christ, the living stone, all who build upon this foundation become living stones. Many persons are by their own endeavors hewn, polished, and beautified; but they cannot become "living stones," because they are not connected with Christ. Without this connection, no man can be saved. Without the life of Christ in us, we cannot withstand the storms of temptation. Our eternal safety depends upon our building upon the sure foundation. Multitudes are today building upon foundations that have not been tested. When the rain falls, and the tempest rages, and the floods come, their house will fall, because it is not founded upon the eternal Rock, the chief cornerstone Christ Jesus." {The Desire of Ages, page 599, paragraph 4}

Jesus invites us ALL to come--no matter what we have done or are struggling with in our lives. There is no sinner too deep in sin for Him to redeem; there is no illness too grievous for Him to heal, there is no shame too great for Him to remove and crown the life with honor and glory! Come to Christ as you are but EXPECT Him to transform your life because He has promised to do so! "Faithful is He that calleth you, who also will do it" (1 Thessalonians 5:24).
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2021, 04:15:34 AM »
"In infinite wisdom, God chose the foundation stone, and laid it Himself. He called it "a sure foundation." The entire world may lay upon it their burdens and griefs; it can endure them all. With perfect safety they may build upon it. Christ is a "tried stone." Those who trust in Him, He never disappoints. He has borne every test. He has endured the pressure of Adam's guilt, and the guilt of his posterity, and has come off more than conqueror of the powers of evil. He has borne the burdens cast upon Him by every repenting sinner. In Christ the guilty heart has found relief. He is the sure foundation. All who make Him their dependence rest in perfect security."

We have God's promise and the condition to receiving that promise. It is open to all who repent. It pains the heart of God to see His creation hold on to hurtful practices and attitudes which do not satisfy and which leads to eternal separation from God. What a sad day it will be for those that did not take God at His word. But it is a glorious and joyful experience every day for those who believe and obey. As others witness the fruits of the Spirit in our lives that is so unlike the world many will be in wonder and amazement and yearn to have the same experience. Many will make Christ their foundation also.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2021, 06:28:35 AM »
It is such a blessing to see that there are others who understand the gospel message! I never tire of reading the posts in this thread. It is a promise that there will come, and is coming, revival and reformation in God's remnant church! I longed to see this since coming into His church. Yet, for many long years I did not see it. God is pouring out His Spirit on His church. Jesus is coming so very soon!

How important is it that we continually abide in Jesus, that we die daily to self and manifest His character, the fruits of His Spirit? It is revealed in Sister Dorine's post:

"As others witness the fruits of the Spirit in our lives that is so unlike the world many will be in wonder and amazement and yearn to have the same experience. Many will make Christ their foundation also."

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2021, 07:16:45 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Richard!

What is faith? It is surrender to all God says because we see His love and let Him have His way in us. Freedom from sin is possible only by constant union and communion with Christ, for the fruits of the Spirit without one missing can only be manifest in hearts and minds renewed by grace through faith! The conversion of a soul is a great miracle, and Christ has power to do this in each of our lives as we look away from self to Jesus!

"To those who believe, Christ is the sure foundation. These are they who fall upon the Rock and are broken. Submission to Christ and faith in Him are here represented. To fall upon the Rock and be broken is to give up our self-righteousness and to go to Christ with the humility of a child, repenting of our transgressions, and believing in His forgiving love. And so also it is by faith and obedience that we build on Christ as our foundation." {The Desire of Ages, page 599, paragraph 3}

True obedience comes from the heart because it is a matter of love. "If ye love Me, keep My commandments" (John 14:15). Only by love is love awakened, and to know God is to love Him. Thus, the time we spend in the "thoughtful hour" contemplating the life of Christ, especially the closing scenes, is truly needed for us to experience the remedy from a lukewarm and backslidden spiritual condition (see Revelation 3:14-22)! He gives us His faith working by love to purify the soul (gold tried in the fire), His righteousness (white raiment) and spiritual discernment to realize our continual need of Jesus by the Holy Spirit to do any good thing (eyesalve). As we are healed from our backsliding (Hosea 14:4), we will want to invite others to taste and see the goodness of the Lord!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Philip T

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2021, 08:18:28 AM »
  By many illustrations and repeated warnings, Jesus showed what would be the result to the Jews of rejecting the Son of God. In these words He was addressing all in every age who refuse to receive Him as their Redeemer. Every warning is for them. The desecrated temple, the disobedient son, the false husbandmen, the contemptuous builders, have their counterpart in the experience of every sinner. Unless he repent, the doom which they foreshadowed will be his.   

This is a powerful chapter, it clearly shows Jesus is the cornerstone, the only way to salvation, our Christian walk is to be built on Him and no one else. To Jesus we flee when we stumble and fall, to Jesus we go for forgiveness of sin. If Jesus is not the one we turn to to repent, for forgiveness, as the cornerstone of our, to build our Christian walk upon, the cornerstone of our belief and faith, we are lost and that rock will grind us to dust total destruction when Jesus comes in the Clouds of glory at His 2nd Advent.

Dorine

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2021, 03:11:22 PM »
I too am blessed and encouraged brother Richard as I read what the Holy Spirit is placing on each of our hearts. It is such a delight to meet together each day with fellow believers, in unity of spirit and belief.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14