Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--60--The Law of the New Kingdom  (Read 9682 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--60--The Law of the New Kingdom
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2020, 06:51:34 AM »
"In matters of conscience the soul must be left untrammeled. No one is to control another's mind, to judge for another, or to prescribe his duty. God gives to every soul freedom to think, and to follow his own convictions. "Every one of us shall give account of himself to God." No one has a right to merge his own individuality in that of another. In all matters where principle is involved, "let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." Romans 14:12, 5. In Christ's kingdom there is no lordly oppression, no compulsion of manner. The angels of heaven do not come to the earth to rule, and to exact homage, but as messengers of mercy, to co-operate with men in uplifting humanity."

This quote brings such peace to my mind. I am not responsible for the choices of others. By living a life surrendered to God I may be a positive influence in their lives but never in a forceful way. Following in the footsteps of Jesus, watching and listening to His teachings helps us to understand what our place is in showing to the world the blessings of freedom, love and mercy in God's kingdom.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2020, 07:13:22 AM »
"In the kingdom of God, position is not gained through favoritism. It is not earned, nor is it received through an arbitrary bestowal,,

It is the result of character..

The crown and the throne are the tokens of a condition attained;

They are the tokens of self-conquest through our Lord Jesus Christ..
]

It is only by beholding Christ and surrendering to His Love every day that we are changed from selfishness to having ..

" ALL" the fruits of the Spirit, without one missing.

Let us all determine to "Turn Our Eyes Upon Jesus" every day, for only then, will the things of earth grow strangely dim in the light of His Glory & Grace.
Look up and listen for the shout.

Beacon

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2020, 07:08:33 AM »
"In Christ's kingdom there is no lordly oppression, no compulsion of manner. The angels of heaven do not come to the earth to rule, and to exact homage, but as messengers of mercy, to co-operate with men in uplifting humanity." 

God's word says in...  John 13:33-35 "Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you. A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

How much happier would be the remnant church of God if with Heavenly Discernment we all would commit to following this counsel. :)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2020, 09:03:21 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! God gives us counsel because He loves to have us set free from sin and whatever would hinder us from His best for us!

Freedom is good. God loves freedom. But the definition of freedom is love, and the definition of love is the Ten Commandments as exemplified in the life and character of Christ. (A "freedom" outside the context God created is really a deceptive form of slavery to sin, the world, the flesh, and the devil.) When we live by faith on Christ as a personal Savior in continual union and communion of our souls with Him, He cleanses us from our sins and imbues us with all of the fruits of the Spirit, for "against such there is no law" (Galatians 5:23). When we realize that our greatest need is to abide in Jesus on a constant basis, we will live in total freedom to do God's will which is defined by His word and revealed in His providences by the Holy Spirit. Oh, let us realize the HIGH PRIVILEGE of being free to do God's will that we may invite others to go and do likewise!

"In matters of conscience the soul must be left untrammeled. No one is to control another's mind, to judge for another, or to prescribe his duty. God gives to every soul freedom to think, and to follow his own convictions. 'Every one of us shall give account of himself to God.' No one has a right to merge his own individuality in that of another. In all matters where principle is involved, 'let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.' Romans 14:12, 5. In Christ's kingdom there is no lordly oppression, no compulsion of manner. The angels of heaven do not come to the earth to rule, and to exact homage, but as messengers of mercy, to co-operate with men in uplifting humanity." {The Desire of Ages, page 550, paragraph 6}

As we go forth to be a blessing today in whatever way God's providence directs us in harmony with His word, let us encourage others to know that God is able to do more than we ask or think when we simply trust Him with the whole heart by surrendering fully to His love!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2020, 09:34:01 AM »
"The one who stands nearest to Christ will be he who on earth has drunk most deeply of the spirit of His self-sacrificing love,--love that "vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, . . . seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil" (1 Corinthians 13:4, 5),--love that moves the disciple, as it moved our Lord, to give all, to live and labor and sacrifice, even unto death, for the saving of humanity. This spirit was made manifest in the life of Paul. He said, "For to me to live is Christ;" for his life revealed Christ to men; "and to die is gain,"--gain to Christ; death itself would make manifest the power of His grace, and gather souls to Him. "Christ shall be magnified in my body," he said, "whether it be by life or by death." Philippians 1:21, 20.

Oh to be like Jesus. Paul knew and understood what it meant to live the life of Jesus. As we spend time in the word and sharing this love with others we too will be able to say as did Paul; "For to me to live is Christ". That is a statement worth pondering. May the way we live each day testify of Christ and "gather souls to Him".
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2020, 09:49:41 PM »
     In the kingdoms of the world, position meant self-aggrandizement. The people were supposed to exist for the benefit of the ruling classes. Influence, wealth, education, were so many means of gaining control of the masses for the use of the leaders. The higher classes were to think, decide, enjoy, and rule; the lower were to obey and serve. Religion, like all things else, was a matter of authority. The people were expected to believe and practice as their superiors directed. The right of man as man, to think and act for himself, was wholly unrecognized. 

Such a plain simple statement. Do not we see this today?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2021, 08:01:53 PM »
"In the kingdom of God, position is not gained through favoritism. It is not earned, nor is it received through an arbitrary bestowal.

It is the result of character.

The crown and the throne are the tokens of a condition attained; they are the tokens of self-conquest through our Lord Jesus Christ."

"Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you." Matthew 20:26

It is only by beholding Christ and surrendering to His Love every day that we are changed from selfishness to having " ALL" the fruits of the Spirit, without one missing. Let us all determine to "Turn Our Eyes Upon Jesus" every day, for only then will the things of earth grow strangely dim in the light of His Glory & Grace.

HAPPY SABBATH JESUS AND TO ALL OF MY BROTHER'S AND SISTER'S IN CHRIST JESUS AROUND PLANET EARTH & BEYOND

Psalm 118:24 This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2021, 05:53:04 AM »
Amen dear brother! The same impression I received this morning.

"But to sit on My right hand, and on My left," He continued, "is not Mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of My Father." In the kingdom of God, position is not gained through favoritism. It is not earned, nor is it received through an arbitrary bestowal. It is the result of character. The crown and the throne are the tokens of a condition attained; they are the tokens of self-conquest through our Lord Jesus Christ. 

When we love God supremely as it is our privilege to do, we shall love our neighbor also, even our enemies. This is perfection of
Christian character which we obtain when we give the whole heart to Jesus. Love toward God and others is  the outworking of His Spirit that dwells within when we are made partakers of His divine nature (2 Peter 1:4). And it does not end in receiving His righteousness at conversion, no it becomes more abundant as we remain fully surrendered to Jesus. Praise His holy name!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2021, 06:41:41 AM »
"In all matters where principle is involved, "let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." Romans 14:12, 5. In Christ's kingdom there is no lordly oppression, no compulsion of manner. The angels of heaven do not come to the earth to rule, and to exact homage, but as messengers of mercy, to co-operate with men in uplifting humanity."

The spirit of rivalry brings dissatisfaction and misery and separates us from God. I love the heart of Jesus as He patiently works with His disciples. He has not changed. As siblings in God's family we should be the most loving, kind, and gentle people showing to the world that God's kingdom is a safe, peaceful and happy place for them to dwell.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2021, 04:44:58 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Brother Richard, and Sister Dorine!

I hope you alll had a happy Sabbath in the love of Christ! Happy new week!

Freedom is so amazing in Christ--the freedom to obey God in the unique way God made us to glorify Him as He renews our hearts and minds to reflect His loveliness of character!

"In matters of conscience the soul must be left untrammeled. No one is to control another's mind, to judge for another, or to prescribe his duty. God gives to every soul freedom to think, and to follow his own convictions. 'Every one of us shall give account of himself to God.' No one has a right to merge his own individuality in that of another. In all matters where principle is involved, 'let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.' Romans 14:12, 5. In Christ's kingdom there is no lordly oppression, no compulsion of manner. The angels of heaven do not come to the earth to rule, and to exact homage, but as messengers of mercy, to co-operate with men in uplifting humanity." {The Desire of Ages, page 550, paragraph 6}   

We can be thankful that when Jesus has full possession of the heart, not only will all of the fruits of the Spirit be seen in our lives, but we will be led by the Holy Spirit to obey God's law of love with complete freedom of conscience! Surrender to Christ means a complete victory in being free to do the will of God!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}