Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--58--Lazarus, Come Forth  (Read 16226 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--58--Lazarus, Come Forth
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2019, 02:16:55 PM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

Timing--it is so important! While it seemed like Christ had forgotten the family at Bethany in that Lazarus died, Jesus was actually waiting to work a BIGGER miracle (even the one that crowned the evidence that He was divine!). What a God we serve who only allows the best timing for our lives. As we learn to unreservedly trust Christ because we come to know His character through Christ, we experience a great joy in union and communion with Him as we allow Him to use us for HIs purposes of mercy and grace! While Lazarus had died, He did not stay dead! I am thankful that all who have truly trusted in Christ can have the joy of eternal life no matter what the future holds as we are unreservedly surrendered to Him!

"In delaying to come to Lazarus, Christ had a purpose of mercy toward those who had not received Him. He tarried, that by raising Lazarus from the dead He might give to His stubborn, unbelieving people another evidence that He was indeed "the resurrection, and the life." He was loath to give up all hope of the people, the poor, wandering sheep of the house of Israel. His heart was breaking because of their impenitence. In His mercy He purposed to give them one more evidence that He was the Restorer, the One who alone could bring life and immortality to light. This was to be an evidence that the priests could not misinterpret. This was the reason of His delay in going to Bethany. This crowning miracle, the raising of Lazarus, was to set the seal of God on His work and on His claim to divinity." {The Desire of Ages, page 529, paragraph 1}

What we do not see fully here in this life, we will realize more fully in the hereafter as to why God allowed what He did, and how His promise is true that "all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28). Since this is true, the abiding Christian can be having a good time all the time--no matter how great the trial--since God's word is the assurance of eternal realities! 
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2019, 07:01:52 PM »
"Let us place ourselves in the line of co-operation with God, making it possible for Him to answer our prayers. He has issued His promissory notes, declaring, “A new heart will I give you.” He says that He will be found of those who seek Him with the whole heart. When you lose your hold on Him, and fail of receiving the fulfilment of the promise, the bank of heaven has not failed; you have broken your covenant with God. He can not fulfil His promises while you refuse to let Him take away your transgressions, because you suppose that by disobeying Him, you have placed yourself beyond help. The Lord says, “Let him take hold of My strength, that he may make peace with Me; and he shall make peace with Me.”, like He did for Mary, Martha and Lazarus. Then cease to worry over the troubles that you so often bring upon your selves; come like a penitent child to Jesus, confessing your sins. “Thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.”

Jesus wants to have a personal inter-active relationship with each of us as He did with Martha, Mary & Lazarus The Bible says that after Adam sinned God came " Looking " for him.  He is a Pro-Active God who loves His creation. The Bible says He even knows the number of hairs in our head and can read the thoughts of our hearts ( minds ), and if we are willing to respond to His Love with a total commitment,,,this is His Promise to us...

Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

God invites us to come as we are to Him - If we ask He will forgive and restore each of us onto the path that Leads to Life Eternal. If you have not accepted His offer already I encourage you to come without delay because we never know what tomorrow may bring and it might be too late.

Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2019, 07:58:54 AM »
Amen dear Brother Beacon!  Jesus does not wait for us to come to Him. He calls to us. What of the Laodicean who thinks he is fine the way he is? Don't take what someone else says as truth. Go to the message that Jesus has given to His church and prayerfully read it. Yes, it is a very strong rebuke, but Jesus does not leave it there. What else does He say?

As I read this morning, I saw something I had not noticed in the past. The doubting Thomas girded up his spirit and was willing to die with Jesus.

"Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead. And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him." Thomas could see nothing but death in store for his Master if he went to Judea; but he girded up his spirit, and said to the other disciples, "Let us also go, that we may die with Him." He knew the hatred of the Jews toward Christ. It was their purpose to compass His death, but this purpose had not succeeded, because some of His allotted time still remained. During this time Jesus had the guardianship of heavenly angels; and even in the regions of Judea, where the rabbis were plotting how they might take Him and put Him to death, no harm could come to Him. 

Yes, the Jews wanted to kill Jesus, but His time was not yet. So it is with all who walk on this Earth. We are allotted a period of time to learn of God and to decide whom we shall serve. It is called a period of probation wherein guilty man is given temporal life. We decide our future by our own choices. Angels that excel in strength are by our side. As with Job, there are limits set as to what Satan can do. Praise God for His grace!

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2019, 08:08:50 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

We may walk securely only as we choose to continually surrender to God and walk in His will. As we abide in Christ, He leads the way He would have us walk, and like Jesus we need not be in fear for the future if we are walking in the path God has for us.

"'If any man walk in the day,' He continued, "he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world." He who does the will of God, who walks in the path that God has marked out, cannot stumble and fall. The light of God's guiding Spirit gives him a clear perception of his duty, and leads him aright till the close of his work. 'But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.' He who walks in a path of his own choosing, where God has not called him, will stumble. For him day is turned into night, and wherever he may be, he is not secure." {The Desire of Ages, page 527, paragraph 1}

The only safe path is the one we walk in true conversion, in which our will is swallowed up in the will of God and we let Him lead the way!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2020, 06:47:47 PM »
"In delaying to come to Lazarus, Christ had a purpose of mercy toward those who had not received Him. He tarried, that by raising Lazarus from the dead He might give to His stubborn, unbelieving people another evidence that He was indeed "the resurrection, and the life." He was loath to give up all hope of the people, the poor, wandering sheep of the house of Israel. His heart was breaking because of their impenitence. In His mercy He purposed to give them one more evidence that He was the Restorer, the One who alone could bring life and immortality to light. This was to be an evidence that the priests could not misinterpret. This was the reason of His delay in going to Bethany. This crowning miracle, the raising of Lazarus, was to set the seal of God on His work and on His claim to divinity."

When earthly circumstances seem to make us feel that God has forsaken us, we must remember the words of Hebrews 13:5 & Palms 23

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Palms. 23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

"For your sakes," "to the intent ye may believe." To all who are reaching out to feel the guiding hand of God, the moment of greatest discouragement is the time when divine help is nearest. They will look back with thankfulness upon the darkest part of their way. "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly," 2 Peter 2:9. From every temptation and every trial He will bring them forth with firmer faith and a richer experience."   

Dorine

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2020, 07:08:01 AM »
  "But it was not only because of His human sympathy with Mary and Martha that Jesus wept. In His tears there was a sorrow as high above human sorrow as the heavens are higher than the earth. Christ did not weep for Lazarus; for He was about to call him from the grave. He wept because many of those now mourning for Lazarus would soon plan the death of Him who was the resurrection and the life."

I've never noticed before what this statement is saying. I always knew that Jesus was weeping with the sisters because of their sorrow for the loss of their brother. But now I have a deeper understanding of what Jesus was going through at that time. His heart was wrung for those that hated Him because they would not have a home with Him in eternity. In not accepting Him as the Messiah they would be rejecting the best gift ever offered to them. May we put away every selfish, earthly thing that would cause us to reject the most precious gift ever given to man.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2020, 09:15:08 AM »
God has a perfect timing in everything, and He knows how to work out what is best to reveal His glory!

"In delaying to come to Lazarus, Christ had a purpose of mercy toward those who had not received Him. He tarried, that by raising Lazarus from the dead He might give to His stubborn, unbelieving people another evidence that He was indeed 'the resurrection, and the life.' He was loath to give up all hope of the people, the poor, wandering sheep of the house of Israel. His heart was breaking because of their impenitence. In His mercy He purposed to give them one more evidence that He was the Restorer, the One who alone could bring life and immortality to light. This was to be an evidence that the priests could not misinterpret. This was the reason of His delay in going to Bethany. This crowning miracle, the raising of Lazarus, was to set the seal of God on His work and on His claim to divinity." {The Desire of Ages, page 529, paragraph 1}

God's seeming "delays" are His perfect timing. Let us trust God in the most trying experiences of life so God can fulfill His divine will! His will is a beautiful miracle!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2020, 09:48:03 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean. God knows the end from the beginning.

"Jesus wept." Though He was the Son of God, yet He had taken human nature upon Him, and He was moved by human sorrow. His tender, pitying heart is ever awakened to sympathy by suffering. He weeps with those that weep, and rejoices with those that rejoice. 

Jesus is our Brother. He is one of us. He was moved by human sorrow. A most amazing truth!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2020, 04:14:59 AM »
Happy Sabbath! Jesus created this day of rest for us to have a "temple in time" to experience the blessing of being with Him and to have time to appreciate His word! As we behold His loveliness in His word, accept His atoning blood to cleanse us from our sins, and let the Holy Spirit transform our thoughts and feelings with His own through a complete surrender of the entire heart and mind, we are prepared to go forth to bless others by being imbued with Christ's character--all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in harmony with the law of love--and thus we will reflect His grace to others who need to see Jesus!

"The 'one thing' that Martha needed was a calm, devotional spirit, a deeper anxiety for knowledge concerning the future, immortal life, and the graces necessary for spiritual advancement. She needed less anxiety for the things which pass away, and more for those things which endure forever. Jesus would teach His children to seize every opportunity of gaining that knowledge which will make them wise unto salvation. The cause of Christ needs careful, energetic workers. There is a wide field for the Marthas, with their zeal in active religious work. But let them first sit with Mary at the feet of Jesus. Let diligence, promptness, and energy be sanctified by the grace of Christ; then the life will be an unconquerable power for good." {The Desire of Ages, page 525, paragraph 2}

Let us rest in Jesus' presence today and invite others to rest in Him--the one who has power to raise the dead and has power to keep us from falling into sin as we enjoy moment-by-moment union and communion with Christ!

Dorine

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2020, 05:05:04 AM »
"In delaying to come to Lazarus, Christ had a purpose of mercy toward those who had not received Him. He tarried, that by raising Lazarus from the dead He might give to His stubborn, unbelieving people another evidence that He was indeed "the resurrection, and the life." He was loath to give up all hope of the people, the poor, wandering sheep of the house of Israel. His heart was breaking because of their impenitence. In His mercy He purposed to give them one more evidence that He was the Restorer, the One who alone could bring life and immortality to light. This was to be an evidence that the priests could not misinterpret. This was the reason of His delay in going to Bethany. This crowning miracle, the raising of Lazarus, was to set the seal of God on His work and on His claim to divinity."

Such an example of love and grace Jesus gives to us all. There is still hope for those wondering in darkness and despair, and for those who hold to their stubbornness and pride. The church is the apple of His eye and He will not give up until all have had a chance to make their final decision as to whether they will accept Him as their Lord and Saviour or reject Him fully.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2020, 07:48:35 AM »
Amen Sister Dorine and Pastor Sean. God's grace is sufficient!

Today when many are fearful of death, there is peace for all who know God as it is our privilege to know Him. Sadly, it is often the case that it takes great tribulation to get our attention. When the bombs are falling all around the foxhole, there are few atheists. It is then when God takes advantage in order to help. All who have suffered greatly and have accepted Christ as their Savior will understand the following truth. We are thankful for that darkness that caused us to reach out to the unknown God who graciously answered our prayers as weak and faithless at they were. Not so today. We know that God loves us and dwells in our hearts. None will die that God does not allow to die. All things work together for our good and God's grace when we are filled with the third person of the godhead. Then we glory in our tribulation as we witness the power of grace to transform sinners into saints.

"For your sakes," "to the intent ye may believe." To all who are reaching out to feel the guiding hand of God, the moment of greatest discouragement is the time when divine help is nearest. They will look back with thankfulness upon the darkest part of their way. "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly," 2 Peter 2:9. From every temptation and every trial He will bring them forth with firmer faith and a richer experience.   

Beacon

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2020, 09:49:34 AM »
"Let us place ourselves in the line of co-operation with God, making it possible for Him to answer our prayers. He has issued His promissory notes, declaring, “A new heart will I give you.” He says that He will be found of those who seek Him with the whole heart. When you lose your hold on Him, and fail of receiving the fulfilment of the promise, the bank of heaven has not failed; you have broken your covenant with God.

"He can not fulfil His promises while you refuse to let Him take away your transgressions, because you suppose that by disobeying Him, you have placed yourself beyond help. The Lord says, “Let him take hold of My strength, that he may make peace with Me; and he shall make peace with Me.”, like He did for Mary, Martha and Lazarus."

"Then cease to worry over the troubles that you so often bring upon your selves; come like a penitent child to Jesus, confessing your sins. “Thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.”[/u]
[/font][/size][/color]
"Jesus wants to have a personal inter-active relationship with each of us as He did with Martha, Mary & Lazarus The Bible says that after Adam sinned God came " Looking " for him.  He is a Pro-Active God who loves His creation. The Bible says He even knows the number of hairs in our head and can read the thoughts of our hearts ( minds ), and if we are willing to respond to His Love with a total commitment,,,this is His Promise to us.."

Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

God invites us to come as we are to Him - If we ask He will forgive and restore each of us onto the path that Leads to Life Eternal. If you have not accepted His offer already I encourage you to come without delay because we never know what tomorrow may bring and it might be too late.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2020, 06:43:26 AM »
Death is not the end! We have nothing to fear for the future if we remember what Christ has done and has taught us! Because He can raise the dead, all who surrender the whole heart to Him to purify from sin and imbue with His Spirit that is revealed in love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance have already passed from death to life! What joy it is today to reflect that JESUS LIVES and is COMING AGAIN!! When Jesus resurrected Lazarus, it was a promise that He has power to resurrect all the righteous dead to dwell with Him forevermore!!

"'And when He thus had spoken, He cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.' His voice, clear and penetrating, pierces the ear of the dead. As He speaks, divinity flashes through humanity. In His face, which is lighted up by the glory of God, the people see the assurance of His power. Every eye is fastened on the entrance to the cave. Every ear is bent to catch the slightest sound. With intense and painful interest all wait for the test of Christ's divinity, the evidence that is to substantiate His claim to be the Son of God, or to extinguish the hope forever." {The Desire of Ages, page 536, paragraph 2} 

Lazarus did rise!! "And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go" (John 11:44).

Let us look to Christ and not grow discouraged when things in our circumstances are filed with trial and tribulation, for in these things we may more deeply appreciate the promises of God by which we become partakers of the divine nature!

Dorine

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2020, 07:18:24 AM »
   "For your sakes," "to the intent ye may believe." To all who are reaching out to feel the guiding hand of God, the moment of greatest discouragement is the time when divine help is nearest. They will look back with thankfulness upon the darkest part of their way. "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly," 2 Peter 2:9. From every temptation and every trial He will bring them forth with firmer faith and a richer experience." 

My heart has been touched once again with today's reading. May our faith and trust in Jesus be so deep and settled that nothing will distract us from the mission God has given us. We live in a world that is full of confusion, hate and unrest. Yes, even in the church. Many are becoming discouraged because the world and church are changing so fast and the attitudes of some professed Christians are becoming hostile, arrogant and disruptive. We live in challenging times and this chapter reminds us that God in His love for us will never forsake us and He promises help for those who put their complete trust in Him. The other part of the promise is that we will look back and be thankful for the dark parts because the experience will bring a firmer faith and richer experience. Let's never doubt His constant love and care for each of us.

Beacon

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2020, 07:53:44 AM »
"Jesus purposed to give them one more evidence that He was the Restorer, the One who alone could bring life and immortality to light. This was to be an evidence that the priests could not misinterpret. This was the reason of His delay in going to Bethany. This crowning miracle, the raising of Lazarus, was to set the seal of God on His work and on His claim to divinity."[/b]

If today you find yourself struggling to believe and trust in a merciful and gracious Lord and Savior I encourage you to re-read the wonderful promises of God, like Ps. 23.  Ps. 31:24, Isaiah 40:31. Call a good friend and ask them to pray with you.

"BUT NEVER GIVE UP" !!

You may not understand why, " today" , but the one who calmed the angry waves on sea of Galilee loves you with an everlasting love and He will not allow anything to happen to His children that isn't for their eternal good.

Dorine

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2020, 06:52:29 AM »
  "It was not only because of the scene before Him that Christ wept. The weight of the grief of ages was upon Him. He saw the terrible effects of the transgression of God's law. He saw that in the history of the world, beginning with the death of Abel, the conflict between good and evil had been unceasing. Looking down the years to come, He saw the suffering and sorrow, tears and death, that were to be the lot of men. His heart was pierced with the pain of the human family of all ages and in all lands. The woes of the sinful race were heavy upon His soul, and the fountain of His tears was broken up as He longed to relieve all their distress."

When we understand the results of sin and the suffering and pain it brings not only us but to Jesus as well, we will do exactly as Jesus says and come into a relationship with Him that will transform us and keep us from falling. Satan is not our friend yet many times we have yielded to his enticements and brought pain and unrest and severed our connection with Jesus. But what a wonderful friend we have in Jesus. He is constantly and eagerly waiting to renew our relationship with Him when we come to Him in
repentance. As we gaze upon the cross we see the terrible enormity of sin and our hearts cry out as did Peter's. "Lord save me."

1John 1:9  "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Praise God!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2020, 08:38:57 AM »
Praise the Lord, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

Implicit belief in Christ's word is true humility, true self-surrender.   

Let us just do what God says because we love Him who first loved us!

Beacon

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2020, 06:12:10 AM »
"In all that He did, Christ was co-operating with His Father. Ever He had been careful to make it evident that He did not work independently...

It was by faith and prayer that He wrought His miracles...

"Christ desired all to know His relationship with His Father. "Father," He said, "I thank Thee that Thou hast heard Me. And I knew that Thou hearest Me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that Thou hast sent Me." Here the disciples and the people were to be given the most convincing evidence in regard to the relationship existing between Christ and God. They were to be shown that Christ's claim was not a deception."

"And when He thus had spoken, He cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth." His voice, clear and penetrating, pierces the ear of the dead. As He speaks, divinity flashes through humanity. In His face, which is lighted up by the glory of God, the people see the assurance of His power. Every eye is fastened on the entrance to the cave. Every ear is bent to catch the slightest sound. With intense and painful interest all wait for the test of Christ's divinity, the evidence that is to substantiate His claim to be the Son of God, or to extinguish the hope forever.

Isn't wonderful to know that our Saviour always has our best interest at heart? This story proves without a doubt that "ALL POWER IN HEAVEN & EARTH BELONGS TO HIM"!! When our path becomes very rocky and our faith is challenged, we need to remember that Jesus has promised as it says in Hebrews 13:5 I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS AND SUSTAIN YOUR FAITH, IN EVERY CIRCUMSTANCE, AS WE ALL WORSHIP HIM ON HIS HOLY SABBATH DAY.

Beacon

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2020, 02:31:57 AM »
"In all that He did, Christ was co-operating with His Father. Ever He had been careful to make it evident that He did not work independently...

It was by faith and prayer that He wrought His miracles...

"Christ desired all to know His relationship with His Father. "Father," He said, "I thank Thee that Thou hast heard Me. And I knew that Thou hearest Me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that Thou hast sent Me." Here the disciples and the people were to be given the most convincing evidence in regard to the relationship existing between Christ and God. They were to be shown that Christ's claim was not a deception."

"And when He thus had spoken, He cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth." His voice, clear and penetrating, pierces the ear of the dead. As He speaks, divinity flashes through humanity. In His face, which is lighted up by the glory of God, the people see the assurance of His power.

Every eye is fastened on the entrance to the cave. Every ear is bent to catch the slightest sound. With intense and painful interest all wait for the test of Christ's divinity, the evidence that is to substantiate His claim to be the Son of God, or to extinguish the hope forever.

Isn't wonderful to know that our Saviour always has our best interest at heart? This story proves without a doubt that "ALL POWER IN HEAVEN & EARTH BELONGS TO HIM"!! When our path becomes very rocky and our faith is challenged, we need to remember that Jesus has promised as it says in..

Hebrews 13:5 I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

Dorine

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2020, 06:45:50 AM »
"Anxiously they waited for a word from Jesus. As long as the spark of life was yet alive in their brother, they prayed and watched for Jesus to come. But the messenger returned without Him. Yet he brought the message, "This sickness is not unto death," and they clung to the hope that Lazarus would live. Tenderly they tried to speak words of hope and encouragement to the almost unconscious sufferer. When Lazarus died, they were bitterly disappointed; but they felt the sustaining grace of Christ, and this kept them from reflecting any blame on the Saviour.

I love the complete faith and trust this family had in Jesus. When we know Him we will have that same abiding trust that whatever happens we will not doubt God's ways. We will claim the promise that ...all things work together for good to those who love God. (Romans 8:28) They were broken hearted it said when Lazarus died but their faith in Jesus did not waver. It was the grace of Jesus that made it possible for them to bear this ordeal. What a blessing to know that He promises to do the same for all who love and trust Him.