Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--56--Blessing the Children  (Read 9249 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--56--Blessing the Children
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2020, 04:40:24 AM »
"Ask the gardener by what process he makes every branch and leaf to flourish so beautifully, and to develop in symmetry and loveliness. He will tell you that it was by no rude touch, no violent effort; for this would only break the delicate stems..

It was by little attentions, often repeated. He moistened the soil, and protected the growing plants from the fierce blasts and from the scorching sun, and God caused them to flourish and to blossom into loveliness.  By gentle touches, by loving ministrations, seek to fashion their characters after the pattern of the character of Christ."

Jesus gave clear instruction to His disciples about the potential  "Real Value" of children, and the early training thereof, when He said in Mark 10:13-15

"And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2020, 08:57:32 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

"The Saviour regards with infinite tenderness the souls whom He has purchased with His own blood. They are the claim of His love. He looks upon them with unutterable longing. His heart is drawn out, not only to the best-behaved children, but to those who have by inheritance objectionable traits of character. Many parents do not understand how much they are responsible for these traits in their children. They have not the tenderness and wisdom to deal with the erring ones whom they have made what they are. But Jesus looks upon these children with pity. He traces from cause to effect." {The Desire of Ages, page 517, paragraph 5}

Let us see the value of each person the way Jesus sees them, and treat all with the love and compassion so the Holy Spirit may reach the heart. All of God's children--regardless of our age--may come to Christ and admit that we have fallen short of God's glory by sin (Romans 3:23); we may believe in the gift of our Father in heaven who so loved us to save us by sending His Son Jesus to save us (John 3:16); and then we may freely confess with our mouth and believe in our heart that God raised Him from the dead (Romans 10:9-10). As we accept the gift of salvation, a new heart imbued with the Holy Spirit is given to us (Ezekiel 36:26-27), and the mind of Christ is the gift of this new experience (Philippians 2:5) as we accept God's promises and become partakers of the "divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4), which is ever manifest in the life with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing (Galatians 5:22-23). Then we gladly obey God because we love Him (John 14:15) and by the faith of Jesus keep all of the Ten Commandments (Revelation 14:12) as Christ lives in us, "the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27).
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2020, 08:47:56 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean and Brother Beacon!   We love Jesus because He first loved us. We love our neighbor because we have been converted and now live to bless others. How do we do this? Brother Beacon has discovered a most important truth regarding sharing with others what Jesus has shared with us.

It was by little attentions, often repeated. He moistened the soil, and protected the growing plants from the fierce blasts and from the scorching sun, and God caused them to flourish and to blossom into loveliness.  By gentle touches, by loving ministrations, seek to fashion their characters after the pattern of the character of Christ."

Amen!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2020, 08:22:39 AM »
"The Saviour regards with infinite tenderness the souls whom He has purchased with His own blood. They are the claim of His love. He looks upon them with unutterable longing. His heart is drawn out, not only to the best-behaved children, but to those who have by inheritance objectionable traits of character. Many parents do not understand how much they are responsible for these traits in their children. They have not the tenderness and wisdom to deal with the erring ones whom they have made what they are. But Jesus looks upon these children with pity. He traces from cause to effect.      

The Christian worker may be Christ's agent in drawing these children to the Saviour. By wisdom and tact he may bind them to his heart, he may give them courage and hope, and through the grace of Christ may see them transformed in character, so that of them it may be said, "Of such is the kingdom of God."

I love how inspiration describes the Saviour's deep love and yearning for His little ones. His heart goes out to those who do not have the example in their lives that would draw them to Jesus. May we ever be perceptive to the influence we have upon their impressions of Jesus.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2020, 03:42:49 AM »
Happy Sabbath! As you accept Jesus into your heart, may you let the Holy Spirit reflect His love, joy and peace along with all of the fruits of the Spirit through your life to the children of God around you who need Christ in their hearts, too! 

"As you win their confidence in you as followers of Christ, it will be easy to teach them of the great love wherewith He has loved us. As you try to make plain the truths of salvation, and point the children to Christ as a personal Saviour, angels will be by your side. The Lord will give to fathers and mothers grace to interest their little ones in the precious story of the Babe of Bethlehem, who is indeed the hope of the world." {The Desire of Ages, page 517, paragraph 1} 

Whatever our age, everyone begins life through childhood. Let us cultivate the happy trust in Jesus that is best cultivated early in life, even from babyhood! May you be like Jesus to everyone you meet--especially children!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2020, 04:26:37 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. Jesus loves us as He loves the little ones. Such precious promises for mothers and fathers! What are the conditions to receiving these promises for your children?

Let mothers come to Jesus with their perplexities. They will find grace sufficient to aid them in the management of their children. The gates are open for every mother who would lay her burdens at the Saviour's feet. He who said, "Suffer the little children to come unto Me, and forbid them not," still invites the mothers to lead up their little ones to be blessed by Him. Even the babe in its mother's arms may dwell as under the shadow of the Almighty through the faith of the praying mother. John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit from his birth. If we will live in communion with God, we too may expect the divine Spirit to mold our little ones, even from their earliest moments. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2020, 05:44:43 AM »
  Teach the children to see Christ in nature. Take them out into the open air, under the noble trees, into the garden; and in all the wonderful works of creation teach them to see an expression of His love. Teach them that He made the laws which govern all living things, that He has made laws for us, and that these laws are for our happiness and joy. Do not weary them with long prayers and tedious exhortations, but through nature's object lessons teach them obedience to the law of God.  {DA 516.3}

My heart goes out to the children in the city who have never had the opportunity to explore and experience God's world of nature. It has such a calming peaceful effect on the children. It teaches them love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faith and temperance as they observe and are taught how nature is obedient to God's laws. Even city backyards can be teaming with nature where parents can teach the children of God's creation and love for them. Having a small garden and pond with flowers, shrubs, and vegetables will draw the butterflies, lady bugs, dragon flies etc. and birds, frogs and tadpoles. Children love to dig in the dirt where millions of little critters live like ants,
caterpillars, worms, snakes, toads etc. but parents must be in tune with God and nature themselves to be able to take advantage of the simple things that surround us all and to teach them how all of nature works together for the good of each other. There are many adults that would benefit by slowing down and taking time to appreciate the wonders of nature and God's great love.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2020, 06:32:52 AM »
Amen Sister Dorine. So many object lessons also in the garden!!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2021, 04:03:08 AM »
Let us be loving and lovable Christians!

"Encourage the expression of love toward God and toward one another. The reason why there are so many hardhearted men and women in the world is that true affection has been regarded as weakness, and has been discouraged and repressed. The better nature of these persons was stifled in childhood; and unless the light of divine love shall melt away their cold selfishness, their happiness will be forever ruined. If we wish our children to possess the tender spirit of Jesus, and the sympathy that angels manifest for us, we must encourage the generous, loving impulses of childhood." {The Desire of Ages, page 516, paragraph 2}

When we invite Jesus into the heart to cleanse us from all our sins by His blood and believe that God loves us, the Holy Spirit comes into the heart to fill us with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control, and not one of the fruits of the Spirit will be missing in our lives as long as Jesus has full possession of the heart and we walk in the light of the law of His love as He is in the light! May this be your experience continually!

Dorine

« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2021, 06:19:28 AM »
"As the mother teaches her children to obey her because they love her, she is teaching them the first lessons in the Christian life. The mother's love represents to the child the love of Christ, and the little ones who trust and obey their mother are learning to trust and obey the Saviour."   

My parents were not perfect but I knew they loved me and I didn't want to disappoint them. I knew they loved Jesus and I wanted to know Him too and be like Him. Their example helped me when raising my own. It's such a joy to raise our children for Jesus. Instead of scolding, parents need to spend more time praying and let the Holy Spirit change their little one's hearts. To have a child come to you on their own and say, "I'm sorry mommy" is a most tender moment. A miracle has just happened. No amount of scolding has the power to soften a child's heart. God longs to have parents come to Him with their concerns for their children. He will never turn away a parents prayer for help.

Philip T

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2021, 07:19:07 AM »
  The Saviour regards with infinite tenderness the souls whom He has purchased with His own blood. They are the claim of His love. He looks upon them with unutterable longing. His heart is drawn out, not only to the best-behaved children, but to those who have by inheritance objectionable traits of character. Many parents do not understand how much they are responsible for these traits in their children. They have not the tenderness and wisdom to deal with the erring ones whom they have made what they are. But Jesus looks upon these children with pity. He traces from cause to effect.
     The Christian worker may be Christ's agent in drawing these children to the Saviour. By wisdom and tact he may bind them to his heart, he may give them courage and hope, and through the grace of Christ may see them transformed in character, so that of them it may be said, "Of such is the kingdom of God.
"

This touched me as so many young people seem to leave the church to walk in this world, we are here given the job of reaching out to them, letting them see the love of God through us as we radiate Gods love to us, or as the moon reflects the suns light to earth. When a young one leaves the church or God, we need to continue to keep in touch with them and work with them. We are to be the ones the Holy Spirit works through to reclaim God's lost and heave will rejoice as they return to God's love and are transformed.

Beacon

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2021, 09:15:34 AM »

"Ask the gardener by what process he makes every branch and leaf to flourish so beautifully, and to develop in symmetry and loveliness. He will tell you that it was by no rude touch, no violent effort; for this would only break the delicate stems..

"It was by little attentions, often repeated. He moistened the soil, and protected the growing plants from the fierce blasts and from the scorching sun, and God caused them to flourish and to blossom into loveliness.  By gentle touches, by loving ministrations, seek to fashion their characters after the pattern of the character of Christ."

Jesus gave clear instruction to His disciples about the potential  "Real Value" of children, and the early training thereof, when He said in...

Mark 10:13-15 "And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you,..

"Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein."

Are we treating our children in such a manner as to cause their dispositions and characters to be formed to reflect Jesus?

Look up and listen for the shout.