Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--52--The Divine Shepherd  (Read 15843 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--52--The Divine Shepherd
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2021, 10:08:10 PM »
Amen!!

However much a shepherd may love his sheep, he loves his sons and daughters more. Jesus is not only our shepherd; He is our "everlasting Father." And He says, "I know Mine own, and Mine own know Me, even as the Father knoweth Me, and I know the Father." John 10:14, 15, R. V. What a statement is this!--the only-begotten Son, He who is in the bosom of the Father, He whom God has declared to be "the Man that is My fellow" (Zechariah 13:7),--the communion between Him and the eternal God is taken to represent the communion between Christ and His children on the earth!   
     Because we are the gift of His Father, and the reward of His work, Jesus loves us. He loves us as His children. Reader, He loves you. Heaven itself can bestow nothing greater, nothing better. Therefore trust.   

It is this love, grace, that causes the heart to love the Lord our God. We follow Him not to obtain heaven nor to escape hell, but because we love Him.

It is not the fear of punishment, or the hope of everlasting reward, that leads the disciples of Christ to follow Him. They behold the Saviour's matchless love, revealed throughout His pilgrimage on earth, from the manger of Bethlehem to Calvary's cross, and the sight of Him attracts, it softens and subdues the soul. Love awakens in the heart of the beholders. They hear His voice, and they follow Him.   
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2021, 05:03:01 AM »
"Millions of human beings are bound down under false religions, in the bondage of slavish fear, of stolid indifference, toiling like beasts of burden, bereft of hope or joy or aspiration here, and with only a dull fear of the hereafter. It is the gospel of the grace of God alone that can uplift the soul. The contemplation of the love of God manifested in His Son will stir the heart and arouse the powers of the soul as nothing else can. Christ came that He might re-create the image of God in man; and whoever turns men away from Christ is turning them away from the source of true development; he is defrauding them of the hope and purpose and glory of life. He is a thief and a robber." 

What a beautiful message of Christ's love for fallen man. He gave all in order to save all but Satan takes by force all that do not know Christ. We have the beautiful message of God's love for a world that is dying in sin. We have a hope to share with them if they will only believe and accept.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2021, 07:06:41 AM »
Praise the Lord we can be uplifted and restored by beholding Christ, the Lamb of God, and have Him work in us to will and to do of His good pleasure! He not only gives us a new heart and a new spirit as we behold Christ and surrender fully to Him, but He keeps uplifting us to new ways of growth in likeness to the loveliness of Jesus!

"It is the gospel of the grace of God alone that can uplift the soul. The contemplation of the love of God manifested in His Son will stir the heart and arouse the powers of the soul as nothing else can." {The Desire of Ages, page 478, paragraph 2}

Let us keep our eyes fixed on Christ continually!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2021, 02:54:43 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean! God's grace has power to keep us from sinning!  We owe so much to Him. We are so very unworthy of His love and forgiveness. Let us be as willing to forgive others as He has us.

Because we are the gift of His Father, and the reward of His work, Jesus loves us. He loves us as His children. Reader, He loves you. Heaven itself can bestow nothing greater, nothing better. Therefore trust.   

It may seem impossible that God will forgive you, but trust that He can. If He saved a wretch like me, His grace can save you also.  Get to know Him and of great love for you. It is the only way you will trust Him. To know Him is to love Him with the whole heart. John writes to us, that we sin not, but if we sin we have an Intercessor, Jesus Christ who will forgive us and cleanse us from all sin if we will give Him the whole heart.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2022, 08:10:19 PM »
"It is not the fear of punishment, or the hope of everlasting reward, that leads the disciples of Christ to follow Him."

"They behold the Saviour's matchless love!"

"A love revealed throughout His pilgrimage on earth, from the manger of Bethlehem to Calvary's cross."

"The sight of Him attracts, it softens and subdues the soul."

Love awakens in the heart of the beholders.They hear His voice, and they follow Him. 

Let us turn our eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangle dim, in the Light of His Glory and Grace. 

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.
    Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
  In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conqu’rors we are!
His Word shall not fail you, He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well;
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

Lyrics and Music : Helen Howarth Lemmel (1863-1961)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2022, 04:57:35 AM »
"Though now He has ascended to the presence of God, and shares the throne of the universe, Jesus has lost none of His compassionate nature. Today the same tender, sympathizing heart is open to all the woes of humanity. Today the hand that was pierced is reached forth to bless more abundantly His people that are in the world. "And they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand." The soul that has given himself to Christ is more precious in His sight than the whole world. The Saviour would have passed through the agony of Calvary that one might be saved in His kingdom. He will never abandon one for whom He has died. Unless His followers choose to leave Him, He will hold them fast."
These words bring such calm and peace to my soul. As we face the intensifying trials and tribulations that surround us and attack us we may know that Jesus is our friend, brother and Saviour and He is ever watching over His flock. We are His people and the flock of His pastures. Are we telling our families, friends, neighbours and all those we can reach of this marvelous, wonderful God Who is reaching down in love yearning for their hearts. I have 14 nieces and nephews that have walked away from God. They live thousands of miles away. My prayer is constantly "how do I reach them for Jesus?"  The Holy Spirit has been opening up opportunities with two of my nieces that I haven't acted upon yet. I'm praying for the right timing and the right words. I know He will show me for He knows their hearts and what will touch their them.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2022, 09:30:46 AM »
Amen dear sister!  How much do we want to reach those within our influence!  God is going to give us opportunities to do so. Our love for them and our witness of His love will cause many to reconsider their rejection of His drawing. Many have been so deceived they do not recognize His still small voice speaking to them. Let Him use us to convey His love.

"It is not the fear of punishment, or the hope of everlasting reward, that leads the disciples of Christ to follow Him."

"They behold the Saviour's matchless love!"

Amen!!

In all ages, philosophers and teachers have been presenting to the world theories by which to satisfy the soul's need. Every heathen nation has had its great teachers and religious systems offering some other means of redemption than Christ, turning the eyes of men away from the Father's face, and filling their hearts with fear of Him who has given them only blessing. The trend of their work is to rob God of that which is His own, both by creation and by redemption. And these false teachers rob man as well. Millions of human beings are bound down under false religions, in the bondage of slavish fear, of stolid indifference, toiling like beasts of burden, bereft of hope or joy or aspiration here, and with only a dull fear of the hereafter. It is the gospel of the grace of God alone that can uplift the soul. The contemplation of the love of God manifested in His Son will stir the heart and arouse the powers of the soul as nothing else can. Christ came that He might re-create the image of God in man; and whoever turns men away from Christ is turning them away from the source of true development; he is defrauding them of the hope and purpose and glory of life. He is a thief and a robber.   

Beacon

« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2022, 08:15:28 PM »
"It is the gospel of the grace of God alone that can uplift the soul."

"The contemplation of the love of God manifested in His Son will stir the heart and arouse the powers of the soul as nothing else can."

"Christ came that He might re-create the image of God in man; and whoever turns men away from Christ is turning them away from the source of true development."

"He is defrauding them of the hope and purpose and glory of life."

"He is a thief and a robber."

How do "We" want to be Judged? As a thief and a robber? Or as a true Messenger of God's Love, Mercy & Grace.?

=======================

Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
  Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
  Call for songs of loudest praise.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
  Wand’ring from the face of God;
He, to save my soul from danger,
  Interposed His precious blood.
O to grace how great a debtor
  Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let that grace, Lord, like a fetter,
  Bind my wand’ring heart to Thee.
Teach me, Lord, some rapturous measure,
  Meet for me Thy grace to prove,
While I sing the countless treasure
  Of my God’s unchanging love.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it;
  Prone to leave the God I love:
Take my heart, oh, take and seal it
  With Thy Spirit from above.
Rescued thus from sin and danger,
  Purchased by the Savior’s blood,
May I walk on earth a stranger,
  As a son and heir of God.

Lyrics:Robert Robinson (1735-1790)
Music:John Wyeth (1770-1858)

HAPPY SABBATH TO ALL OUR "REMNANT ON-LINE FAMILY "

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2022, 03:04:37 AM »
What is love? It is grace in action; it is seeing what we can be rather than what we are; it is pursuing the very ones who are in need of it, even if they have yet to fully believe it, reflecting selflessness until it becomes the principle of every heart and the outflowing experience of affection and intimate oneness with the God whose character will never change! "God is love" (1 John 4:16). And such a Shepherd pursues us so earnestly that we come to fully believe we are worth more than anything else to God in the entire universe to Him--WOW!!! AND IT IS TRUE!!

"It is not the fear of punishment, or the hope of everlasting reward, that leads the disciples of Christ to follow Him. They behold the Saviour's matchless love, revealed throughout His pilgrimage on earth, from the manger of Bethlehem to Calvary's cross, and the sight of Him attracts, it softens and subdues the soul. Love awakens in the heart of the beholders. They hear His voice, and they follow Him." {The Desire of Ages, page 480, paragraph 3}

Listen to Him. Get to know Him who is love. The patient, wooing, winning love of Jesus changes hearts that were cold, heals lives that were terrorized by lies and confusion, and brings to fruition every good and perfect gift in God's appointed way! Oh, let us not resist this love but yield all we have and are to Him who upon entrance into the soul temple will ALWAYS bring ALL of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing--love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and temperance, in harmony with righteousness and truth! And the incredible attractiveness of Christ constraints us to an obedience that we yearn to offer from a heart that is made new by Him in love!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2022, 05:37:19 AM »
"Though now He has ascended to the presence of God, and shares the throne of the universe, Jesus has lost none of His compassionate nature. Today the same tender, sympathizing heart is open to all the woes of humanity. Today the hand that was pierced is reached forth to bless more abundantly His people that are in the world. "And they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand." The soul that has given himself to Christ is more precious in His sight than the whole world. The Saviour would have passed through the agony of Calvary that one might be saved in His kingdom. He will never abandon one for whom He has died. Unless His followers choose to leave Him, He will hold them fast.

When I first read these words years ago I was in humble awe. When I realized it was talking about me personally my heart crumbled in grateful acknowledgment and saw God's love in an entirely different light. I didn't want to take my eyes off of Him for fear of losing Him. Each new day we have the opportunity to make that commitment to Him again. We make the decision to follow Him and He gives the power. I love the promise of the last sentence. "Unless His followers choose to leave Him, He will hold them fast.How do we choose to leave Him? By simply taking our eyes off of Jesus. Thankfully He does not leave us but continues to woo us back to Him.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2022, 07:43:39 PM »
Amen dear Sister!!  What love! And all this came at such a high price and the risk of Jesus failing!! Wonder O heavens and be astonished O Earth!!

What is love? It is grace in action; it is seeing what we can be rather than what we are; it is pursuing the very ones who are in need of it, even if they have yet to fully believe it, reflecting selflessness until it becomes the principle of every heart and the outflowing experience of affection and intimate oneness with the God whose character will never change! "God is love" (1 John 4:16). And such a Shepherd pursues us so earnestly that we come to fully believe we are worth more than anything else to God in the entire universe to Him--WOW!!! AND IT IS TRUE!!

"It is not the fear of punishment, or the hope of everlasting reward, that leads the disciples of Christ to follow Him. They behold the Saviour's matchless love, revealed throughout His pilgrimage on earth, from the manger of Bethlehem to Calvary's cross, and the sight of Him attracts, it softens and subdues the soul. Love awakens in the heart of the beholders. They hear His voice, and they follow Him." {The Desire of Ages, page 480, paragraph 3}

Amen Pastor Sean!! It is our love for God that constraineth us to obedience. We love Him because loves us. He proved it in allowing His innocent Son to our stripes upon Himself while we were yet sinners.

"The contemplation of the love of God manifested in His Son will stir the heart and arouse the powers of the soul as nothing else can."

Amen!!! Never were more important truths expressed!! Now, it rests with fallen beings to take time to learn of Him who gave all that we might live!

Consider that our heavenly Father loved His Son the more when He laid down His life for us! God can love others even more than He does! That means you dear friends. What will endear you and me to God even more than He loves us now? When we give glory to God, it causes His heart to go out to us!! He knows our trials, He knows how many hairs we have on our head. He knows where we live. He knows our struggles. Not only God cares, the whole of heaven rejoices when we give glory to our God. Because we live in evil fallen flesh, they wonder at the miracle that God does when we are truly converted!!!

"Therefore doth My Father love Me, because I lay down My life, that I might take it again." That is, My Father has so loved you, that He even loves Me more for giving My life to redeem you. In becoming your substitute and surety, by surrendering My life, by taking your liabilities, your transgressions, I am endeared to My Father.   

Beacon

« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2022, 08:55:43 PM »
"Today the hand that was pierced is reached forth to bless more abundantly His people that are in the world."

"And they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand."

The soul that has given himself to Christ is more precious in His sight than the whole world.

The Saviour would have passed through the agony of Calvary that one might be saved in His kingdom.

"He will never abandon one for whom He has died."

"Unless His followers choose to leave Him, He will hold them fast."

"It is not the fear of punishment, or the hope of everlasting reward, that leads the disciples of Christ to follow Him. They behold the Saviour's matchless love, revealed throughout His pilgrimage on earth, from the manger of Bethlehem to Calvary's cross, and the sight of Him attracts, it softens and subdues the soul.

"Love awakens in the heart of the beholders. They hear His voice, and they follow Him."

It is not FEAR but LOVE that draws each of "US" to Jesus and with open thankful heart we should respond...I will follow thee my Saviour

=======================

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
    I surrender all,
  I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Lyrics:Judson W. Van de Venter (1855-1939)
Music:Winfield Scott Weeden (1847-1908)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2022, 04:39:09 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

Are you going through trials? Who can you always turn to? Jesus, our loving Savior, is ever-present to help just when we need Him most!! In surrender of all we have and are to Him, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will flow forth from our hearts and lives as we gladly are empowered to obey God's law, the definition of true happiness!

"Through all our trials we have a never-failing Helper. He does not leave us alone to struggle with temptation, to battle with evil, and be finally crushed with burdens and sorrow. Though now He is hidden from mortal sight, the ear of faith can hear His voice saying, Fear not; I am with you. 'I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore.' Revelation 1:18. I have endured your sorrows, experienced your struggles, encountered your temptations. I know your tears; I also have wept. The griefs that lie too deep to be breathed into any human ear, I know. Think not that you are desolate and forsaken. Though your pain touch no responsive chord in any heart on earth, look unto Me, and live. 'The mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but My kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of My peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.' Isaiah 54:10." {The Desire of Ages, page 483, paragraph 1}

Jesus "gets you." He understands you better than you yourself understand your own character and experience. Let Him lead you this day one step closer to heaven's glory as you let Him live in you, diffusing the light of His loveliness of character as you continually behold Him who died for you and is now risen to intercede for us as our High Priest in heaven! He is soon to return as our King!! Hallelujah!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2022, 05:35:38 PM »
Amen my dear brothers!!  What a chapter!  It is a story of love, great love! Personal love as if you were the only one in the universe!

Every soul is as fully known to Jesus as if he were the only one for whom the Saviour died. The distress of every one touches His heart. The cry for aid reaches His ear. He came to draw all men unto Himself. He bids them, "Follow Me," and His Spirit moves upon their hearts to draw them to come to Him. Many refuse to be drawn. Jesus knows who they are. He also knows who gladly hear His call, and are ready to come under His pastoral care. He says, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." He cares for each one as if there were not another on the face of the earth.   

Beacon

« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2022, 08:04:48 PM »
"Though now He is hidden from mortal sight, the ear of faith can hear His voice saying..."

"Fear not; I am with you. 'I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore.' Revelation 1:18. "

"I have endured your sorrows, experienced your struggles, encountered your temptations."

I" know your tears; I also have wept."

"The griefs that lie too deep to be breathed into any human ear, I know."

"Think not that you are desolate and forsaken."

"Though your pain touch no responsive chord in any heart on earth, look unto Me, and live."

"The contemplation of the love of God manifested in His Son will stir the heart and arouse the powers of the soul as nothing else can. Christ came that He might re-create the image of God in man; and whoever turns men away from Christ is turning them away from the source of true development."

" He is defrauding them of the hope and purpose and glory of life."

" He is a thief and a robber."

The Bible says that "FAITH IS THE VICTORY THAT OVERCOMES THE WORLD." Lord please give "US" the victory!

======================
Encamped along the hills of light,
  Ye Christian soldiers rise,
And press the battle ere the night
  Shall veil the glowing skies;
Against the foe in vales below
  Let all our strength be hurled;
Faith is the victory, we know,
  That overcomes the world.
    Faith is the victory!
Faith is the victory!
O glorious victory,
  That overcomes the world.
His banner over us is love,
  Our sword the Word of God;
We tread the road the saints before
  With shouts of triumph trod.
By faith, they like a whirlwind’s breath,
  Swept on o’er every field;
The faith by which they conquered death
  Is still our shining shield.
On every hand the foe we find
  Drawn up in dread array;
Let tents of ease be left behind,
  And onward to the fray.
Salvation’s helmet on each head,
  With truth all girt about,
The earth shall tremble ’neath our tread,
  And echo with our shout.
To him that overcomes the foe,
  White raiment shall be giv’n;
Before the angels he shall know
  His name confessed in heav’n;
Then onward from the hills of light,
  Our hearts with love aflame,
We’ll vanquish all the hosts of night,
  In Jesus’ conqu’ring name.

Lyrics:John Henry Yates (1837-1900)
Music:Ira David Sankey (1840-1908)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2022, 08:19:02 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

Praise the Lord for the blessing of getting to experience how much God loves us through our relationship with Jesus, our Good Shepherd! By the Holy Spirit abiding in us in complete surrender to Him, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in our lives without one missing as we are empowered to do God's will up to the light He has revealed to us!

"However much a shepherd may love his sheep, he loves his sons and daughters more. Jesus is not only our shepherd; He is our 'everlasting Father.' And He says, 'I know Mine own, and Mine own know Me, even as the Father knoweth Me, and I know the Father.' John 10:14, 15, R. V. What a statement is this!--the only-begotten Son, He who is in the bosom of the Father, He whom God has declared to be 'the Man that is My fellow' (Zechariah 13:7),--the communion between Him and the eternal God is taken to represent the communion between Christ and His children on the earth!" {The Desire of Ages, page 483, paragraph 2}

We are loved infinitely, and the more time we spend with God and appreciate His character, the more we will become like Him in mind and character through knowing more and more of God, for to know God is to love Him! Praise the Lord that He takes the initiative to seek us and save us, and our part is to behold Him, yield to Him, and cooperate with Him as we grow in His love revealed in affectionate obedience to God's law of love!

Dorine

« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2022, 08:42:10 AM »
"In all ages, philosophers and teachers have been presenting to the world theories by which to satisfy the soul's need. Every heathen nation has had its great teachers and religious systems offering some other means of redemption than Christ, turning the eyes of men away from the Father's face, and filling their hearts with fear of Him who has given them only blessing. The trend of their work is to rob God of that which is His own, both by creation and by redemption. And these false teachers rob man as well. Millions of human beings are bound down under false religions, in the bondage of slavish fear, of stolid indifference, toiling like beasts of burden, bereft of hope or joy or aspiration here, and with only a dull fear of the hereafter. It is the gospel of the grace of God alone that can uplift the soul. The contemplation of the love of God manifested in His Son will stir the heart and arouse the powers of the soul as nothing else can. Christ came that He might re-create the image of God in man; and whoever turns men away from Christ is turning them away from the source of true development; he is defrauding them of the hope and purpose and glory of life. He is a thief and a robber."

We are in danger of misrepresenting God in some of the things that are being taught among our people. Those that have come to believe and accept the teaching that there is no victory over sin until Jesus comes are not only deceived themselves but are deceiving many. He is a thief and a robber also. May we be diligent in our study for truth and an understanding of what it means to abide continually in Christ so that we will have a clear and distinct message to give to others.

Philip T

« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2022, 09:13:30 AM »
It is the gospel of the grace of God alone that can uplift the soul. The contemplation of the love of God manifested in His Son will stir the heart and arouse the powers of the soul as nothing else can. Christ came that He might re-create the image of God in man; and whoever turns men away from Christ is turning them away from the source of true development; he is defrauding them of the hope and purpose and glory of life. He is a thief and a robber.  

Salvation comes only through the Gospel of Grace, Jesus' death on the cross, no other way can one find salvation. Do we open the Bible and Jesus love to those around us or open the gate to let the shepherd in or do we close it to those around us. Are we a good gate keeper or a bad one that allows the robber or thief in, or even worse are we the robber and the thief? This is a very sobering thought to contemplate on.  I pray that I am a light to all I come in contact with.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2022, 09:39:54 AM »
Again and again we are shown how it is that we can be transformed from sinner to saint. It is not by obedience,  because we cannot obey until we are made a saint. We can choose to go to Jesus. What does this mean? It means to behold Him through His Word and in nature. We see this presented in the posts this morning. It is not the promise of reward nor the fear of hell that causes one to follow Jesus. Then what is it? It is because we see His love, His grace for us while we were yet a sinner.

It is not the fear of punishment, or the hope of everlasting reward, that leads the disciples of Christ to follow Him. They behold the Saviour's matchless love, revealed throughout His pilgrimage on earth, from the manger of Bethlehem to Calvary's cross, and the sight of Him attracts, it softens and subdues the soul. Love awakens in the heart of the beholders. They hear His voice, and they follow Him.   

Beacon

« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2023, 08:08:11 PM »

"Christ came that He might re-create the image of God in man."

"Whoever turns men away from Christ is turning them away from the source of true development."

"He is defrauding them of the hope and purpose and glory of life."

"He is a thief and a robber."

Do "WE" want to be known as a "Thief and a Robber? " Or one who stirs the heart towards Jesus and helps arouse the powers of the soul as nothing else can."

=====================
Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,

Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,

Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,

Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,

Lyrics:Frances Ridley Havergal (1836-1879)
Music:Henri Abraham Cesar Malan (1787-1864)