Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--52--The Divine Shepherd  (Read 7490 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--52--The Divine Shepherd
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2020, 07:29:07 AM »
"It is not the fear of punishment, or the hope of everlasting reward, that leads the disciples of Christ to follow Him. They behold the Saviour's matchless love, revealed throughout His pilgrimage on earth, from the manger of Bethlehem to Calvary's cross, and the sight of Him attracts, it softens and subdues the soul. Love awakens in the heart of the beholders.They hear His voice, and they follow Him."  

Today this is my prayer and hopefully the prayer of all who claim to love the Lord ...."Lord lay some soul upon my heart and love that soul through me and may I humbly do my part to win that soul for thee." ( Mack Weaver )
Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--52--The Divine Shepherd
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2020, 09:23:51 PM »
Amen dear Brother Beacon!!  We follow Jesus because He loves us!! Even if there were no heaven we would follow Jesus! He loves all of humanity. He feels sorry that so many have been deceived regarding the truth.

Jesus thought upon the souls all over the earth who were misled by false shepherds. Those whom He longed to gather as the sheep of His pasture were scattered among wolves, and He said, "Other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear My voice; and they shall become one flock, one shepherd." John 10:16, R. V.   

We are to work with Jesus in bringing in the flock. There are many listening to His still small voice and seeking for more truth. We are to be His hands and loud voice in revealing His character to a world soon to perish.

I thought Jesus' Words about His Father loving Him because of His actions was important. Of course God loves His Son before this, but He loved Him more. So it is with us. He will love us more as we seek to save the lost and manifest His love and grace.

"Therefore doth My Father love Me, because I lay down My life, that I might take it again." That is, My Father has so loved you, that He even loves Me more for giving My life to redeem you. In becoming your substitute and surety, by surrendering My life, by taking your liabilities, your transgressions, I am endeared to My Father.   

And He is endeared to us whose sins He took.

While as a member of the human family He was mortal, as God He was the fountain of life for the world. He could have withstood the advances of death, and refused to come under its dominion; but voluntarily He laid down His life, that He might bring life and immortality to light. He bore the sin of the world, endured its curse, yielded up His life as a sacrifice, that men might not eternally die. "Surely He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows. . . . He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:4-6.   

Such love!! And by His suffering we are healed. But, we must keep this in mind that we do not let our minds wander away from our sweet Jesus! That is why it is so important to spend time each day with Him. We need to constantly remember what He has done for us that we might bless Him as we labor those whom He suffered and died for!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.