Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--46--He Was Transfigured  (Read 16003 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--46--He Was Transfigured
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2021, 09:46:10 PM »
Amen my dear friends!  What amazing truth. I was impressed that no matter what we know, it is not good enough. We must know God and cling to Him. If we let go, we will end up in the water. We fall unless we hold on to Jesus. We must not forget God. We need to feed upon His grace that we forget not His love and creative power. Please take advantage of your opportunity in your Sabbath Schools to present these wonderful truths we are being taught. To keep the Sabbath holy, we must be holy. To be holy we must be filled with the Holy Spirit, a partaker of God's divine nature. Sabbath reminds us of our great need continually of His love and re-creative power in order to do any good thing, and His

Are these three men we read about today, the ones who deserted Jesus, their Messiah? How can this be? Because they let go of Jesus. They let their minds wander away and their fallen nature took over. The flesh was not kept under by the power of an indwelling Savior. This is why they sinned and why we sin.

Failing to watch and pray, they had not received that which God desired to give them,--a knowledge of the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. They lost the blessing that might have been theirs through sharing His self-sacrifice. Slow of heart to believe were these disciples, little appreciative of the treasure with which Heaven sought to enrich them.
     Yet they received great light. They were assured that all heaven knew of the sin of the Jewish nation in rejecting Christ. They were given a clearer insight into the work of the Redeemer. They saw with their eyes and heard with their ears things that were beyond the comprehension of man. They were "eyewitnesses of His majesty" (2 Peter 1:16), and they realized that Jesus was indeed the Messiah, to whom patriarchs and prophets had witnessed, and that He was recognized as such by the heavenly universe. 

Yet, even with that knowledge they were not prepared to keep God's commands. Their characters were defective and they knew it not, not what to do even if they knew it. Like Moses and Elijah, knowing is not good enough to keep from sin.

Moses had pleaded for Israel: “Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.” Exodus 32:32. Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel.

Yet, they both near the end sinned. It was rare, but they let go of Jesus and had no protection from their fallen evil nature. Daniel understood his great need and none could find any evil in his life. He clung to Jesus no matter what the circumstances, even when threatened with being fed to hungry lions. What character! That is what God is doing today in your life and mine. But, with all of His power He cannot succeed unless we work with Him. If this your desire? Then, spend that thoughtful hour a day with Jesus. Make it a habit and it will prove to be a great blessing!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2021, 06:16:52 AM »
"Through being overcome with sleep, the disciples heard little of what passed between Christ and the heavenly messengers. Failing to watch and pray, they had not received that which God desired to give them,--a knowledge of the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. They lost the blessing that might have been theirs through sharing His self-sacrifice. Slow of heart to believe were these disciples, little appreciative of the treasure with which Heaven sought to enrich them."

Once again I am impressed with these words. Our eyes are so often taken off of Jesus through the distractions of life and we find ourselves spiritually weak and vulnerable.  Only as we spend that hour or more with Jesus in His word and in prayer will we receive strength to resist the evil temptations that attract. Because of the pull of the world around us it's an intense battle to stay in the presence of Jesus but as we give our hearts to Him He then uplifts us and sustains us and keeps us from sinning.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2021, 07:44:39 AM »
"Jesus walked alone in the midst of men. As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him... Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission. He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude.As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him,

He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not.

"Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission. He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude."

"As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not. Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission."

"He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude"

"Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life.

"Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men. Moses had pleaded for Israel: 'Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.' Exodus 32:32.

Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation's hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair.

"These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven."

"The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview."

Today Jesus is calling us to be His Witnesses, His Ambassadors, to sound the Last Invitation to a world that is soon to pass away and the cases of all humanity will have been decided for Eternal Life OR Death.

There is NO middle ground -- We are either for Jesus or Against Him...What will be our decision??
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2021, 06:32:47 PM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon!!

Christ desires us to grasp His self-sacrifice and the glory they shall follow at His second coming! Let’s be wide awake to blessing He has for us each day in beholding Christ and bring changed into His image!!

“Through being overcome with sleep, the disciples heard little of what passed between Christ and the heavenly messengers. Failing to watch and pray, they had not received that which God desired to give them,—a knowledge of the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. They lost the blessing that might have been theirs through sharing His self-sacrifice. Slow of heart to believe were these disciples, little appreciative of the treasure with which Heaven sought to enrich them.” {The Deaire of Ages, page 425, paragraph 1}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2022, 08:10:08 PM »
"Moses upon the mount of transfiguration was a witness to Christ's victory over sin and death. He represented those who shall come forth from the grave at the resurrection of the just."

"Elijah, who had been translated to heaven without seeing death, represented those who will be living upon the earth at Christ's second coming, and who will be 'changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump;' when 'this mortal must put on immortality,' and 'this corruptible must put on incorruption.' 1 Corinthians 15:51-53.

"Jesus was clothed with the light of heaven, as He will appear when He shall come 'the second time without sin unto salvation.' For He will come 'in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.' Hebrews 9:28; Mark 8:38".

"The Saviour's promise to the disciples was now fulfilled. Upon the mount the future kingdom of glory was represented in miniature,--Christ the King, Moses a representative of the risen saints, and Elijah of the translated ones."

As I read these words from this chapter I found it so comforting to be reminded that my Heavenly Father knows "EXACTLY WHAT I NEED & WHEN I NEED IT MOST" and just like He did for Jesus, He is more than capable of sharing the reinforcement we need.

In a world that is filled with Anxiety & Fear about many things we have the ASSURANCE that our God can and will provide to lead us safely home.

Safe in the arms of Jesus,
  Safe from corroding care,
Safe from the world’s temptations,
  Sin cannot harm me there.
Free from the blight of sorrow,
  Free from my doubts and fears;
Only a few more trials,
  Only a few more tears.
Jesus, my heart’s dear Refuge,
  Jesus has died for me;
Firm on the Rock of Ages
  Ever my trust shall be.
Here let me wait with patience,
  Wait till the night is o’er,
Wait till I see the morning
  Break on the golden shore.

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:William Howard Doane (1832-1915)

Philip T

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2022, 06:21:47 AM »
Moses upon the mount of transfiguration was a witness to Christ's victory over sin and death. He represented those who shall come forth from the grave at the resurrection of the just. Elijah, who had been translated to heaven without seeing death, represented those who will be living upon the earth at Christ's second coming, and who will be "changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump;" when "this mortal must put on immortality," and "this corruptible must put on incorruption." 1 Corinthians 15:51-53. Jesus was clothed with the light of heaven, as He will appear when He shall come "the second time without sin unto salvation." For He will come "in the glory of His Father with the holy angels." Hebrews 9:28; Mark 8:38. The Saviour's promise to the disciples was now fulfilled. Upon the mount the future kingdom of glory was represented in miniature,--Christ the King, Moses a representative of the risen saints, and Elijah of the translated ones. ...   
     But before the crown must come the cross. Not the inauguration of Christ as king, but the decease to be accomplished at Jerusalem, is the subject of their conference with Jesus. Bearing the weakness of humanity, and burdened with its sorrow and sin, Jesus walked alone in the midst of men. As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not. Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission. He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude. Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life. Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men. Moses had pleaded for Israel: “Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.” Exodus 32:32. Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair. These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven. The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview
. [/size][/color]

Moses and Elijah were sent to encourage Jesus at the end of His ministry and to help Him face the approach and endurance of the agony of the trial, cross, death, and completion of the plan of salvation and is in miniature of His 2nd Advent.  It was also I believe placed in scripture that we may study the lives of Moses and Elijah; see the trials and agonies they went through and were victorious through Christ that as we come into the trials and tribulations of our lives and the trials and tribulations at the end of time, we can see we also can come through with the faith of Jesus, being raised from the dead or be part of the 144,000 that live through the tribulation.  We can see Jesus in the clouds of glory at His 2nd Advent.

Dorine

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2022, 06:28:11 AM »
     Upon Mount Pisgah fifteen centuries before, Moses had stood gazing upon the Land of Promise. But because of his sin at Meribah, it was not for him to enter there. Not for him was the joy of leading the host of Israel into the inheritance of their fathers. His agonized entreaty, "I pray Thee, let me go over, and see the good land that is beyond Jordan, that goodly mountain, and Lebanon" (Deuteronomy 3:25), was refused. The hope that for forty years had lighted up the darkness of the desert wanderings must be denied. A wilderness grave was the goal of those years of toil and heart-burdening care. But He who is "able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think" (Ephesians 3:20), had in this measure answered His servant's prayer. Moses passed under the dominion of death, but he was not to remain in the tomb. Christ Himself called him forth to life. Satan the tempter had claimed the body of Moses because of his sin; but Christ the Saviour brought him forth from the grave. Jude 9.

Just one seemingly little sin kept Moses from entering the promised land. Although it might seem insignificant to finite minds it shows how serious it is to God. One little unconfessed sin will keep us out of our eternal home. But God in His great mercy accepts the sinners repentance and makes Him worthy to enter through the gates of the heavenly city.

May we dwell in the presence of God today looking unto Jesus to lead and direct our path. It may be different than what we would hope for or expect but as the verse in Eph. 3:20 says, "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us..."
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2022, 10:19:36 PM »
Amen dear sister!  We need to continually be aware of His presence that we sin not. We are a forgetful people. How could we sin when we are aware of His presence with us! How could we hurt the One who has given all for us? God sent Elijah and Moses to encourage Jesus.They could sympathize with Jesus. Does He not encourage us continually? Jesus suffered. Moses and Elijah did also as they labored to save the lost. So it will be for us also.

But before the crown must come the cross. Not the inauguration of Christ as king, but the decease to be accomplished at Jerusalem, is the subject of their conference with Jesus. Bearing the weakness of humanity, and burdened with its sorrow and sin, Jesus walked alone in the midst of men. As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not. Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission. He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude. Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life. Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men. Moses had pleaded for Israel: “Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.” Exodus 32:32. Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair. These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven. The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview. 

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2022, 08:19:29 PM »
"One cannot read this account without feeling strong empathy for Jesus....He longed for support and encouragement from His own Disciples.

"Alas, they were asleep!!"

"Can we even begin to understand the horrible loneliness that bore down on the heart of Jesus?

"He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created..

...He was in solitude."

Have you ever felt lonely and that no one cared whether you lived or died ? Take courage , Jesus knows just how you feel, He knows your pain and fears and He says....

Matthew 11:28  "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest"

The comfort that this experience  provided for Jesus when Moses and Elijah came to Him demonstrates to all of us how we too can be assured that when we are called upon to stand up for Jesus , even if it were to cause us separation from all earthly ties, that heaven will supply all the reinforcement required to help us stay true and bring us safely to our eternal destination. Praise the Lord!!

Quote from Dorine:

Just one seemingly little sin kept Moses from entering the promised land. Although it might seem insignificant to finite minds it shows how serious it is to God. One little unconfessed sin will keep us out of our eternal home. But God in His great mercy accepts the sinners repentance and makes Him worthy to enter through the gates of the heavenly city.

=========================

Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
  Ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner,
  It must not suffer loss:
From vict’ry unto vict’ry
  His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished
  And Christ is Lord indeed.
    Stand up for Jesus
Ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner,
  It must not, it must not suffer loss.
  The trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict
  In this His glorious day.
Ye that are men, now serve Him
  Against unnumbered foes;
Let courage rise with danger.
  And strength to strength oppose.
  Stand in His strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you;
  Ye dare not trust your own.
Put on the Gospel armor,
  And, watching unto prayer,
Where duty calls, or danger,
  Be never wanting there.
  The strife will not be long:
This day the noise of battle,
  The next the victor’s song;
To him that overcometh
  A crown of life shall be;
He, with the King of glory,
  Shall reign eternally.

Lyrics:George Duffield (1818-1888)
Music:Adam Geibel (1855-1933)

Dorine

« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2022, 05:09:51 AM »
"Moses upon the mount of transfiguration was a witness to Christ's victory over sin and death. He represented those who shall come forth from the grave at the resurrection of the just. Elijah, who had been translated to heaven without seeing death, represented those who will be living upon the earth at Christ's second coming, and who will be "changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump;" when "this mortal must put on immortality," and "this corruptible must put on incorruption." 1 Corinthians 15:51-53. Jesus was clothed with the light of heaven, as He will appear when He shall come "the second time without sin unto salvation." For He will come "in the glory of His Father with the holy angels." Hebrews 9:28; Mark 8:38. The Saviour's promise to the disciples was now fulfilled. Upon the mount the future kingdom of glory was represented in miniature,--Christ the King, Moses a representative of the risen saints, and Elijah of the translated ones."

It would be wonderful to be alive when Jesus comes but if not we are comforted in the fact that Jesus will call us forth from the grave as He did Moses. Satan may claim us as he claimed Moses but God claims us as His own because we have kept our eyes on Jesus and have been transformed into the image of Jesus and are covered by His blood.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2022, 06:54:49 AM »
Amen dear sister! These three disciples were granted the privilege of Jesus glorified as He was before coming to this dark spot in the universe. For what purpose? That they would know this to comfort them when He hung on the cross. How did that work?

Only the three who are to witness His anguish in Gethsemane have been chosen to be with Him on the mount. Now the burden of His prayer is that they may be given a manifestation of the glory He had with the Father before the world was, that His kingdom may be revealed to human eyes, and that His disciples may be strengthened to behold it. He pleads that they may witness a manifestation of His divinity that will comfort them in the hour of His supreme agony with the knowledge that He is of a surety the Son of God and that His shameful death is a part of the plan of redemption. 

It did not work. Why not? Because WE are a forgetful people. Not just the three, but all of humanity are forgetful. The Pharoah forgot all of the demonstrated power of God including the death of his first born. How stupid was he to think he was going to capture the escaped Jews. Moses forgot God when he struck the Rock and took the glory to himself. Anytime we sin, how can we explain it? We forget the promises of God and His great suffering that we might live. "Unbelief" is the root cause. In our evil nature we do not remember who we are and who God is. How shameful for us who know God and His love and great Sacrifice.

Quote from Dorine:

Amen!!  Such love for us weak and forgetting people!!  Surely Peter, James, and John ought to have remembered Jesus was the Son of God, but they did not. Lord help us to recognize our weakness and your strength to help us not forget you..ever!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2022, 09:45:36 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard!

Only by love is love awakened, and Jesus in His tender, self-forgetful love longs to bless His disciples with a fresh revelation of His kingdom where all is purity and glory so that when He would die for them on the cross they would be able to endure it. It Jesus so loved them (and all of the human family) as to take upon Himself the very experience of sin and its penalty in the sight of a holy God and die on account of it, and so He seeks to prepare them for what is yet future (and cause us to value what He already did!). So Jesus seeks to prepare us, as He ministers now in the heavenly sanctuary, as He desires us to trust Him so well that when the seven last plagues are falling on the earth and all the powers of earth are arrayed against His faithful ones, we will remember that He has not changed, and that He loves us just as much in that severe trial as He did in the days of our sunniest prosperity, and that His grace is still powerful enough to cleanse the heart and keep the weakest soul who trusts in Him from sinning!

"Through being overcome with sleep, the disciples heard little of what passed between Christ and the heavenly messengers. Failing to watch and pray, they had not received that which God desired to give them,--a knowledge of the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. They lost the blessing that might have been theirs through sharing His self-sacrifice. Slow of heart to believe were these disciples, little appreciative of the treasure with which Heaven sought to enrich them." {The Desire of Ages, page 425, paragraph 1}

May we value what Jesus is doing for us now, and learn from the experience of the disciples how prone we are to go to sleep (not just physically, but spiritually). Oh, let us keep our eyes on Jesus and be wide awake to His will and plan for us moment-by-moment in constant union and communion with Him! Then, in such sweet fellowship of true conversion all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest as we affectionately obey God from the new heart He gives us by His grace!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2022, 08:02:12 PM »
"Moses and Elijah had been co-laborers with Christ."

"They had shared His longing for the salvation of men."

"Moses had pleaded for Israel: “Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.” Exodus 32:32."

"Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe."

"Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair."

"These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven."

"The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview."

As I read these words from this chapter I found it so comforting to be reminded that my Heavenly Father knows "EXACTLY WHAT I NEED & WHEN I NEED IT MOST" and just like He did for Jesus, He is more than capable of sharing the reinforcement we need.

In a world that is filled with Anxiety & Fear about many things we have the ASSURANCE that our God can and will provide to lead us safely home.

=======================

"Safe in the arms of Jesus,
  Safe from corroding care,
Safe from the world’s temptations,
  Sin cannot harm me there.
Free from the blight of sorrow,
  Free from my doubts and fears;
Only a few more trials,
  Only a few more tears.

Jesus, my heart’s dear Refuge,
  Jesus has died for me;
Firm on the Rock of Ages
  Ever my trust shall be.
Here let me wait with patience,
  Wait till the night is o’er,
Wait till I see the morning
  Break on the golden shore."

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:William Howard Doane (1832-1915)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2022, 04:49:21 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

What did Jesus first need to go through, in order to save us?

"But before the crown must come the cross. Not the inauguration of Christ as king, but the decease to be accomplished at Jerusalem, is the subject of their conference with Jesus. Bearing the weakness of humanity, and burdened with its sorrow and sin, Jesus walked alone in the midst of men. As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not. Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission. He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude. Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life. Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men. Moses had pleaded for Israel: 'Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.' Exodus 32:32. Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair. These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven. The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview." {The Desire of Ages, page 422, paragraph 2}

Christ offers us His kingdom today to be established in our hearts as we surrender fully to Him; all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be manifest in our lives as we are strengthened by grace through faith to obey God out of an intelligent appreciation of His loveliness of character! Let us appreciate all that Jesus did for us on earth and all He is doing for us now as our High Priest in the sanctuary in heaven, for He is SOON to return as our King!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2022, 10:06:05 AM »
Amen my dear brothers!! What a revelation for us today. I coincides with our Sabbath School lessons this quarter. It also reveals how far removed is His church today from the purpose God has given to us who are to represent Him. He came this world and trod the winepress alone. It is not that His disciples could not have understood, but they did not. His Father sent two who did understand, for they had also trod the winepress alone. It it is given to us in our loneliness to suffer, the cross before the crown. It is the most weighty trust and the highest honor God has given to us.

The disciples are confident that Moses and Elijah have been sent to protect their Master, and to establish His authority as king.   

But before the crown must come the cross. Not the inauguration of Christ as king, but the decease to be accomplished at Jerusalem, is the subject of their conference with Jesus. Bearing the weakness of humanity, and burdened with its sorrow and sin, Jesus walked alone in the midst of men. As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not. Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission. He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude. Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life. Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men. Moses had pleaded for Israel: “Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.” Exodus 32:32. Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair. These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven. The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview.

Through being overcome with sleep, the disciples heard little of what passed between Christ and the heavenly messengers. Failing to watch and pray, they had not received that which God desired to give them,--a knowledge of the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. They lost the blessing that might have been theirs through sharing His self-sacrifice. Slow of heart to believe were these disciples, little appreciative of the treasure with which Heaven sought to enrich them.

We are a forgetful race and slow of heart as were His disciples. Are we little appreciative of the treasure offered us?  I pray not.

Beacon

« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2022, 08:20:05 PM »
Jesus walked alone in the midst of men.

As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not.

Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission.

"He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven

However, in the world that He had created, He was in solitude.

Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour.

in the trial of His earthly life. Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men.

Moses had pleaded for Israel: “Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.” Exodus 32:32.

Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair.

These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven.

The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview.

Do " WE " feel that same burden for the " Salvation " of our  Family, Our eighbors,  Our Co-workers, Our fellow church members

Beacon

« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2022, 08:29:30 PM »
"Jesus walked alone in the midst of men.

"As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not."

"Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission."

"He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven."

"However, in the world that He had created, He was in solitude."

"Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour."

"in the trial of His earthly life. Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men."

Moses had pleaded for Israel: “Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.” Exodus 32:32."

Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair."

Do " WE " feel that same burden for the " Salvation " of our  Family, Our eighbors,  Our Co-workers, Our fellow church members?

Happy Sabbath to our Remnant On Line family

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2022, 04:12:52 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!! Jesus can give us His love for souls around us in the times we are living in on the verge of His return!!

Happy Sabbath!! Jesus is coming SOON! But before He comes, there will be a time of trouble such as never was (Daniel 12:1), and how Jesus was prepared for His trial at the cross can encourage us as to how we can be ready for what is coming upon this earth as a great surprise for most of the world. We can strengthen our faith by dwelling upon the promises of God; by surrendering fully to Christ now, He can teach us His precious lessons of trust and obedience. As we abide in Him in complete surrender, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing so we can gladly obey God even when such obedience becomes against the laws of this earth (amid the coming Sunday law crisis). Christ remained faithful through His trial to give us the strength and grace we would also need to remain faithful in our trials!! Yoke up with Him for complete and constant victory!!

"But before the crown must come the cross. Not the inauguration of Christ as king, but the decease to be accomplished at Jerusalem, is the subject of their conference with Jesus. Bearing the weakness of humanity, and burdened with its sorrow and sin, Jesus walked alone in the midst of men. As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not. Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission. He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude. Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life. Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men. Moses had pleaded for Israel: 'Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.' Exodus 32:32. Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair. These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven. The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview." {The Desire of Ages, page 422, paragraph 2} 

Look above your trial to your Savior. He will keep us if we keep choosing Him who first loved and chose us!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2022, 06:34:05 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean! We ought to appreciate the light given to us as a people. We do know He is coming very soon!!  It i  s interesting that we all have chosen the same truths! How sad that none appreciated Jesus and the sacrifice He was soon to make. The disciples thoughts were on themselves most of the time. Thus, Jesus walked alone in a world that knew Him not. What encouragement was the visit with Moses and Elijah!  Moses and Elijah knew what it was to be alone in this world, and also knew the comfort of the unseen and His love for them.

It was our salvation that was the joy that was set before Him. And for us is the honor given to partake in His sufferings.

Beacon

« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2023, 08:29:20 PM »
One cannot read this account without feeling strong empathy for Jesus."

"He longed for support and encouragement from His own Disciples."

"Alas, they were asleep!!"

"Can we even begin to understand the horrible loneliness that bore down on the heart of Jesus? "

"He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven...

...But in the world that He had created..

...He was in solitude."

Have you ever felt lonely and that no one cared whether you lived or died ? Take courage , Jesus knows just how you feel, He knows your pain and fears and He says....

Matthew 11:28  "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest"

The comfort that this experience  provided for Jesus when Moses and Elijah came to Him demonstrates to all of us how we too can be assured that when we are called upon to stand up for Jesus , even if it were to cause us separation from all earthly ties, that heaven will supply all the reinforcement required to help us stay true and bring us safely to our eternal destination. Praise the Lord!!

What is it that we are holding onto that might cause us to loose out on Eternal Life.?

=========================

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

I surrender all,
  I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Lyrics:Judson W. Van de Venter (1855-1939)
Music:Winfield Scott Weeden (1847-1908)