Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--46--He Was Transfigured  (Read 16419 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--46--He Was Transfigured
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2023, 04:47:31 AM »
"Moses upon the mount of transfiguration was a witness to Christ's victory over sin and death. He represented those who shall come forth from the grave at the resurrection of the just. Elijah, who had been translated to heaven without seeing death, represented those who will be living upon the earth at Christ's second coming, and who will be "changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump;" when "this mortal must put on immortality," and "this corruptible must put on incorruption." 1 Corinthians 15:51-53. Jesus was clothed with the light of heaven, as He will appear when He shall come "the second time without sin unto salvation." For He will come "in the glory of His Father with the holy angels." Hebrews 9:28; Mark 8:38. The Saviour's promise to the disciples was now fulfilled. Upon the mount the future kingdom of glory was represented in miniature,--Christ the King, Moses a representative of the risen saints, and Elijah of the translated ones."

It is our bodies that are changed and not our characters as so many believe. I'm so thankful for the word of God that keeps us anchored in truth. The story of Moses proves that God can not accept any who have the least sin in their character without coming to full repentance. I'm also thankful for God's patience as He works with us to cleanse our hearts from all defilement. We can take courage in the way Jesus dealt with the disciples. As Moses and Elijah walked with God while here on earth with all their weaknesses we too may have the same experience as we daily surrender to Jesus.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2023, 07:34:21 AM »
Amen my dear brother and sister!!  They not only came down to comfort Jesus, but to comfort us also as we approach the test in our lives.

But before the crown must come the cross. Not the inauguration of Christ as king, but the decease to be accomplished at Jerusalem, is the subject of their conference with Jesus. Bearing the weakness of humanity, and burdened with its sorrow and sin, Jesus walked alone in the midst of men. As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not. Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission. He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude. Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life. Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men. Moses had pleaded for Israel: “Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.” Exodus 32:32. Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair. These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven. The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview. 

Like Jesus, God is making us more and more a reflection of His character. Day by day as we obey the truth we are being sanctified to a higher level just as Jesus was learning to obey more and more. He was being sanctified to a higher level as He walked in the light of His Father's love. Though He were a Son, yet learned He obedience through the things He suffered. When we are alone in this world and being tested daily, it is not without a great gain for us and for God. Yes, indeed the cross comes before the crown. So it was with Jesus, so it will be with all who will spend eternity with Jesus in a world without sin.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2023, 07:40:52 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine and Brother Richard! What a wonderful message of truth and encouragement we find from seeing Jesus at the Mount of Transfiguration to help strengthen us for the trials coming in these last days on the verge of Jesus' second coming!!

Let's seek to grasp what was really on Jesus' heart as He went to the mount with Peter, James and John and prayed earnestly!

"Presently Christ tells them that they are now to go no farther. Stepping a little aside from them, the Man of Sorrows pours out His supplications with strong crying and tears. He prays for strength to endure the test in behalf of humanity. He must Himself gain a fresh hold on Omnipotence, for only thus can He contemplate the future. And He pours out His heart longings for His disciples, that in the hour of the power of darkness their faith may not fail. The dew is heavy upon His bowed form, but He heeds it not. The shadows of night gather thickly about Him, but He regards not their gloom. So the hours pass slowly by. At first the disciples unite their prayers with His in sincere devotion; but after a time they are overcome with weariness, and, even while trying to retain their interest in the scene, they fall asleep. Jesus has told them of His sufferings; He has taken them with Him that they might unite with Him in prayer; even now He is praying for them. The Saviour has seen the gloom of His disciples, and has longed to lighten their grief by an assurance that their faith has not been in vain. Not all, even of the twelve, can receive the revelation He desires to give. Only the three who are to witness His anguish in Gethsemane have been chosen to be with Him on the mount. Now the burden of His prayer is that they may be given a manifestation of the glory He had with the Father before the world was, that His kingdom may be revealed to human eyes, and that His disciples may be strengthened to behold it. He pleads that they may witness a manifestation of His divinity that will comfort them in the hour of His supreme agony with the knowledge that He is of a surety the Son of God and that His shameful death is a part of the plan of redemption." {The Desire of Ages, page 419, paragraph 4}

So much is on Jesus' heart, and He prays to His Father, knowing the way to receive strength and grace to help His disciples in this time of great need. As we feel our dependence on God and deeply see our need of His help, we can go to the very place Jesus found power and comfort--the secret place of prayer! As we surrender all we have and are to Him, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will flow in our lives as we are enabled by His divine nature at work in and through us to obey all of His commandments because He abides in us! Let us never forget the agony of Calvary and the glory of Christ's kingdom (He is about to come the second time with all His glory!!), for both are essential truths relating to our salvation as we appreciate more fully all that God has done for us in Christ!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2023, 06:49:19 PM »
"At first the disciples unite their prayers with His in sincere devotion; but after a time they are overcome with weariness, and, even while trying to retain their interest in the scene, they fall asleep."

"Jesus has told them of His sufferings; He has taken them with Him that they might unite with Him in prayer; even now He is praying for them."

"The Saviour has seen the gloom of His disciples, and has longed to lighten their grief by an assurance that their faith has not been in vain."

"Not all, even of the twelve, can receive the revelation He desires to give."

"Only the three who are to witness His anguish in Gethsemane have been chosen to be with Him on the mount."

"Now the burden of His prayer is that they may be given a manifestation of the glory He had with the Father before the world was, that His kingdom may be revealed to human eyes, and that His disciples may be strengthened to behold it."

"He pleads that they may witness a manifestation of His divinity that will comfort them in the hour of His supreme agony with the knowledge that He is of a surety the Son of God and that His shameful death is a part of the plan of redemption."

"Isn't it truly amazing that even with the cross just ahead of Him Jesus is not focused on Himself but on those who will be His messengers carrying the Good News of Salvation."

It's my prayer for all of "US" that none of "US" will be found sleeping
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2023, 08:06:54 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Jesus is selfless in all ways!

Let's be wide awake to what God desires to tell us from His word and the experience He is offering us! God knows the best for us and is able to save us from being spiritually lethargic and indifferent to what He has for us. Peter, James and John could have chosen to stay awake on the mount of transfiguration and been much better prepared to understand the nature of Christ's agony on Calvary--but they largely missed it. Could we do the same thing by being asleep when God has more to teach us? By consistency spending time with Jesus, by yielding all we have and are to Him, we can experience thorough conversion whereby all of the fruits of the Spirit are seen in our lives without one missing! We are empowered by Christ to live in obedience to all of His commandments, growing in grace to be more like Him and better prepared for the future that leads up to the time of trouble that immediately precedes the second coming of Christ! Oh, let us appreciate God's love and grace and grow in His will as we abide in Jesus!

"Through being overcome with sleep, the disciples heard little of what passed between Christ and the heavenly messengers. Failing to watch and pray, they had not received that which God desired to give them,—a knowledge of the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. They lost the blessing that might have been theirs through sharing His self-sacrifice. Slow of heart to believe were these disciples, little appreciative of the treasure with which Heaven sought to enrich them." {The Desire of Ages, page 425, paragraph 1}

God loves us. It is because He loves us that He desires to teach and shepherd us in His will and way so we can be better prepared for what is yet future. Jesus is coming again!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2023, 09:21:41 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean!  Jesus not only speaks to us through His Word, but gives us an example of what He wants us to become. He grew in strength of character by the suffering He experienced. Through a knowledge of His sufferings and what it accomplished in His life will encourage us as we likewise are allowed to suffer. "Though He were a Son, yet learned He obedience by the things which He suffered." Hebrew 5:8.

Amen Brother Beacon!!!  At the moment, I have not slept for some time due to back pain. And, I might add that it has drawn me ever closer to my Lord. I know He will not allow me to suffer beyond what I am able as I abide in Jesus and He in me. And as you point out, Jesus knowing what was coming to Himself, was thinking of those who are going to suffer greatly when they were to be separated from their Lord. He surely has set a high standard for us to follow. But, It is not us, but Christ in us that empowers us to do as He did. Let us press together as we near the end of this Earth's history.

Jesus has a crown for each one of us. But, what will come as a surprise to many, the cross shall come before the crown. God has power to strengthen our characters to more perfectly reflect His character. It comes through tribulation when we abide in Jesus and He in us.

But before the crown must come the cross. Not the inauguration of Christ as king, but the decease to be accomplished at Jerusalem, is the subject of their conference with Jesus. Bearing the weakness of humanity, and burdened with its sorrow and sin, Jesus walked alone in the midst of men. As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not. Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission. He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude. Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life. Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men. Moses had pleaded for Israel: “Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.” Exodus 32:32. Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair. These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven. The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview. 

At times we may think we are alone, but we are never alone when we surrender the whole heart to the One who suffered and died that we might live. Hang in there Brother Beacon, Jesus is coming very soon!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2023, 08:22:24 PM »
"Jesus, had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude."

"Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life. Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men.
"

"Moses had pleaded for Israel: “Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.” Exodus 32:32."

"Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel."

"Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair."

"These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven."

"The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview."

What an awesome God we serve!! When we, in our despair, feel hopeless and overwhelmed with life's challenges Jesus is willing to empty all heaven to enable us to hold on to Him!!

===========================
Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
  Standing on the promises of God.
    Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
  I’m standing on the promises of God.
Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,
Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,
Standing on the promises I shall not fall,
List’ning every moment to the Spirit’s call.
Resting in my Savior as my All in all,

Lyrics & Music:Russell Kelso Carter (1849-1928)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2023, 04:58:21 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!!

Don't miss the cross in the life and teachings of Jesus. Only by crucifixion could His kingdom be established. Only by crucifixion of our natures to receive the divine nature by the promises of God are we able to have victory in Christ over sin!

"But before the crown must come the cross. Not the inauguration of Christ as king, but the decease to be accomplished at Jerusalem, is the subject of their conference with Jesus. Bearing the weakness of humanity, and burdened with its sorrow and sin, Jesus walked alone in the midst of men. As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not. Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission. He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude. Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life. Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men. Moses had pleaded for Israel: 'Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.' Exodus 32:32. Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation's hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair. These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven. The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview." {The Desire of Ages, page 422, paragraph 2}

Praise God JESUS DID GO TO THE CROSS and He is also our risen and soon coming Savior after He finishes His high priestly ministry in heaven!! Let's keep looking to Him and JOYFULLY bearing the cross, knowing that all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be revealed in the life that is fully surrendered (converted) to Jesus!! Then the abiding Christ in us will enable us to obey the law of God as our highest delight in His service!! Hallelujah!!!!!

Philip T

« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2023, 08:42:56 PM »
  Amen Pastor Sean:

While they were still gazing on the scene upon the mount, "a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye Him." As they beheld the cloud of glory, brighter than that which went before the tribes of Israel in the wilderness; as they heard the voice of God speak in awful majesty that caused the mountain to tremble, the disciples fell smitten to the earth. They remained prostrate, their faces hidden, till Jesus came near, and touched them, dispelling their fears with His well-known voice, "Arise, and be not afraid." Venturing to lift up their eyes, they saw that the heavenly glory had passed away, the forms of Moses and Elijah had disappeared. They were upon the mount, alone with Jesus.

We have a loving savior, if we will but just use our faith and lean on Him, He will give us peace, sooth our fears. Such a loving and kind Lord, we can have no more from anyone else.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2023, 05:23:06 AM »
Amen my dear brothers!  We may have peace that passes all understanding. Often we shall feel alone, as Jesus felt alone. We live in world that denies the loveliness of Jesus. We are in a Laodicean church that does not know the loveliness of Jesus, but believes they are rich and increased with goods and in need of nothing. We praise God that there are some who love God supremely and that God's grace is being poured out upon a filthy church.

We may find strength in the same manner as Jesus. He relied upon His Father as we may rely upon Him. His name has been reproached by His church, but He is indeed pouring out His Spirit upon His church today. "Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you." Eze. 36:25.

Beacon

« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2023, 08:33:34 PM »
"Peter loved his Lord; but Jesus did not commend him for thus manifesting the desire to shield Him from suffering."

" Peter's words were not such as would be a help and solace to Jesus in the great trial before Him."

"They were not in harmony with God's purpose of grace toward a lost world, nor with the lesson of self-sacrifice that Jesus had come to teach by His own example".

"Peter did not desire to see the cross in the work of Christ".

"The impression which his words would make was directly opposed to that which Christ desired to make on the minds of His followers, and the Saviour was moved to utter one of the sternest rebukes that ever fell from His lips. "

"Get thee behind Me, Satan: thou art an offense unto Me: for thou savorest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.'”
[/color]

Here we can plainly see that suffering, both physically and/or mentally may be part of our experience during our earthly journey but we are not to feel or believe that we are forsaken by God. We are to claim His promise that He will never leave us nor forsake us!! May God give each of us the courage and faith to hold on to Him knowing that He has the power to keep us wrapped up in His love and will see us safely though all the storms of life.

========================================
Jesus, Savior, pilot me
Over life’s tempestuous sea;
Unknown waves before me roll,
Hiding rock and treach’rous shoal;
Chart and compass come from Thee;
  Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
As a mother stills her child,
Thou canst hush the ocean wild;
Boist’rous waves obey Thy will
When Thou say’st to them, “Be still.”
Wondrous Sov’reign of the sea,
  Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
Though death’s valley I may pass,
Still Thy grace will fear surpass;
In Thy presence I will rest,
And, while leaning on Thy breast,
I will hear Thee say to me,
  “Fear not, I will pilot thee.”

Lyrics:Edward Hopper (1816-1888)
Music:John Edgar Gould (1822-1875)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2023, 09:12:22 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon, perfect love casteth out all fear.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2023, 07:37:13 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

Wonderful it is to contemplate what the second coming of Jesus will be like! In what took place at Jesus' transfiguration, we have a sneak preview of His kingdom and who will be there! Both the resurrected and translated saints who have experienced the power of converting, transforming grace are there as witnesses to glorify God!

"Moses upon the mount of transfiguration was a witness to Christ's victory over sin and death. He represented those who shall come forth from the grave at the resurrection of the just. Elijah, who had been translated to heaven without seeing death, represented those who will be living upon the earth at Christ's second coming, and who will be 'changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump;' when 'this mortal must put on immortality,' and 'this corruptible must put on incorruption.' 1 Corinthians 15:51-53. Jesus was clothed with the light of heaven, as He will appear when He shall come “the second time without sin unto salvation.' For He will come 'in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.' Hebrews 9:28; Mark 8:38. The Saviour's promise to the disciples was now fulfilled. Upon the mount the future kingdom of glory was represented in miniature,—Christ the King, Moses a representative of the risen saints, and Elijah of the translated ones." {The Desire of Ages, page 421, paragraph 4}

Jesus loves all of us, and as we yield to Him and receive the Holy Spirit into our hearts, we have a foretaste of heaven in our experience, for heaven is a ceaseless approaching to God through Christ! What a joy it is to walk with Jesus in obedience to all of His commandments by a living witness of genuine conversion that reveals all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Walking with Him day by day, even though the time of trouble is on the prophetic horizon, it is as we give the Three Angels' Messages of Revelation 14:6-12, heed the call to true revival and reformation in Revelation 3:14-22, and live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord (Matthew 4:4, Luke 4:4) that we can assuredly know that we have nothing to fear for the future as we do not forget how the Lord has led us and His teaching in our past history! JESUS IS COMING VERY SOON!!!

Beacon

« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2024, 08:07:12 PM »
" Not the inauguration of Christ as king, but the decease to be accomplished at Jerusalem, is the subject of their conference with Jesus. Bearing the weakness of humanity, and burdened with its sorrow and sin, Jesus walked alone in the midst of men.'

"As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not. Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission."

"He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude.'

"Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life."

"Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men."

"Moses had pleaded for Israel: “Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.” Exodus 32:32."

"Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe.

"Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair."

"These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven."

"The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview."

We need to remember that God has "All"  the necessary resources to see us through to a Victorious Ending. "Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled Neither Let It Be Afraid.

=========================
Encamped along the hills of light,
  Ye Christian soldiers rise,
And press the battle ere the night
  Shall veil the glowing skies;
Against the foe in vales below
  Let all our strength be hurled;
Faith is the victory, we know,
  That overcomes the world.
    Faith is the victory!
Faith is the victory!
O glorious victory,
His banner over us is love,
  Our sword the Word of God;
We tread the road the saints before
  With shouts of triumph trod.
By faith, they like a whirlwind’s breath,
  Swept on o’er every field;
The faith by which they conquered death
  Is still our shining shield.
On every hand the foe we find
  Drawn up in dread array;
Let tents of ease be left behind,
  And onward to the fray.
Salvation’s helmet on each head,
  With truth all girt about,
The earth shall tremble ’neath our tread,
  And echo with our shout.
To him that overcomes the foe,
  White raiment shall be giv’n;
Before the angels he shall know
  His name confessed in heav’n;
Then onward from the hills of light,
  Our hearts with love aflame,
We’ll vanquish all the hosts of night,
  In Jesus’ conqu’ring name.

Lyrics:John Henry Yates (1837-1900)
Music:Ira David Sankey (1840-1908)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2024, 03:11:43 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

Happy Sabbath! Praise God for the victory Jesus won for us at the cross! At the transfiguration, Moses and Elijah were sent to encourage Jesus to go through with the great sacrifice, for they were already happy residents of heaven, and their salvation depended upon enduring by faith all that would befall Him in Gethsemane and Calvary leading up to His resurrection. We can praise God that JESUS DID IT!!! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be seen in our lives as we surrender FULLY to Jesus and let Him live in us by the Holy Spirit! Praise God!!

"But before the crown must come the cross. Not the inauguration of Christ as king, but the decease to be accomplished at Jerusalem, is the subject of their conference with Jesus. Bearing the weakness of humanity, and burdened with its sorrow and sin, Jesus walked alone in the midst of men. As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not. Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission. He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude. Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life. Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men. Moses had pleaded for Israel: 'Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.' Exodus 32:32. Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation's hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair. These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven. The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview." {The Desire of Ages, page 422, paragraph 2}

What Jesus did for us is ESSENTIAL to salvation. So let us behold Him in His infinite loveliness and truly believe the power of the gospel can change sinners into saints and keep us from falling back into sin! He is preparing heavenly mansions for us just as surely as He is preparing places for us in this fallen world for us to minister and win souls! Let us keep Jesus, His word, and ALL HE HAS DONE central in the way we live and teach the gospel!

Philip T

« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2024, 08:44:45 AM »
  But before the crown must come the cross. Not the inauguration of Christ as king, but the decease to be accomplished at Jerusalem, is the subject of their conference with Jesus. Bearing the weakness of humanity, and burdened with its sorrow and sin, Jesus walked alone in the midst of men. As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not. Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission. He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude. Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life. Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men. Moses had pleaded for Israel: “Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.” Exodus 32:32. Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair. These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven. The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview. [/color

Oh, the love of God for Jesus who was suffering and in despair, to send men who had suffered as He was suffering, to commune and give Hims comfort. He will give us comfort in the same way, through the same process, of prayer, and asking just as Jesus did.  We are surely loved by God beyond measure. Jesus died on the cross that we might have eternal life. We need to choose it by surrendering all to him and by faith claim His free gift of salvation.

Dorine

« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2024, 12:14:31 PM »
"Bearing the weakness of humanity, and burdened with its sorrow and sin, Jesus walked alone in the midst of men. As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him, He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not. Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission. He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude. Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life. Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men. Moses had pleaded for Israel: “Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.” Exodus 32:32. Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation’s hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair. These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven. The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview."

There is nothing that we go through or will ever go through that our Saviour hasn't experienced worse. As I read these words it showed me that in following Jesus our path will be filled with loneliness and trials but we are never left alone. God's eye is upon us and He steps in to light up our path to give us hope and assurance when at times it may seem we will sink in despair. Every day is part of the journey that determines our final destination. Follow our own hearts and lose out on eternity or fix our eyes on Jesus and live.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2024, 11:02:58 PM »
Amen! Jesus gave us an example of suffering. He is the King of suffering having endured the suffering for the sins of every human who would live. But, the disciples failed to hear what God wanted them to know, a knowledge of the sufferings of Christ. And, what they did learn, they forgot when they deserted Jesus. What was the problem? They did not "watch and pray." And, so it is with us. We do not rightly understand it is a continual thing....to watch and pray.

Through being overcome with sleep, the disciples heard little of what passed between Christ and the heavenly messengers. Failing to watch and pray, they had not received that which God desired to give them,--a knowledge of the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. They lost the blessing that might have been theirs through sharing His self-sacrifice. Slow of heart to believe were these disciples, little appreciative of the treasure with which Heaven sought to enrich them.
     Yet they received great light. They were assured that all heaven knew of the sin of the Jewish nation in rejecting Christ. They were given a clearer insight into the work of the Redeemer. They saw with their eyes and heard with their ears things that were beyond the comprehension of man. They were "eyewitnesses of His majesty" (2 Peter 1:16), and they realized that Jesus was indeed the Messiah, to whom patriarchs and prophets had witnessed, and that He was recognized as such by the heavenly universe. 

Beacon

« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2024, 08:01:25 PM »
"Bearing the weakness of humanity, and burdened with its sorrow and sin, Jesus walked alone in the midst of men. "As the darkness of the coming trial pressed upon Him...,"

"He was in loneliness of spirit, in a world that knew Him not."

"Even His loved disciples, absorbed in their own doubt and sorrow and ambitious hopes, had not comprehended the mystery of His mission."

"He had dwelt amid the love and fellowship of heaven; but in the world that He had created, He was in solitude."

"Now heaven had sent its messengers to Jesus; not angels, but men who had endured suffering and sorrow, and who could sympathize with the Saviour in the trial of His earthly life."

"Moses and Elijah had been colaborers with Christ. They had shared His longing for the salvation of men. Moses had pleaded for Israel: 'Yet now, if Thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray Thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.' Exodus 32:32."

"Elijah had known loneliness of spirit, as for three years and a half of famine he had borne the burden of the nation's hatred and its woe. Alone he had stood for God upon Mount Carmel. Alone he had fled to the desert in anguish and despair."

"These men, chosen above every angel around the throne, had come to commune with Jesus concerning the scenes of His suffering, and to comfort Him with the assurance of the sympathy of heaven. The hope of the world, the salvation of every human being, was the burden of their interview."

"WE" should find comfort and assurance knowing that God always has our back and "WILL" supply what is needed to bring "Us" through to Victory! Remember "Faith is the Victory that Overcomes the World.!!

======================
Encamped along the hills of light,
  Ye Christian soldiers rise,
And press the battle ere the night
  Shall veil the glowing skies;
Against the foe in vales below
  Let all our strength be hurled;
Faith is the victory, we know,
    Faith is the victory!
Faith is the victory!
O glorious victory,
His banner over us is love,
  Our sword the Word of God;
We tread the road the saints before
  With shouts of triumph trod.
By faith, they like a whirlwind’s breath,
  Swept on o’er every field;
The faith by which they conquered death
  Is still our shining shield.
On every hand the foe we find
  Drawn up in dread array;
Let tents of ease be left behind,
  And onward to the fray.
Salvation’s helmet on each head,
  With truth all girt about,
The earth shall tremble ’neath our tread,
  And echo with our shout.
To him that overcomes the foe,
  White raiment shall be giv’n;
Before the angels he shall know
  His name confessed in heav’n;
Then onward from the hills of light,
  Our hearts with love aflame,
We’ll vanquish all the hosts of night,
  In Jesus’ conqu’ring name.

Lyrics:John Henry Yates (1837-1900)
Music:Ira David Sankey (1840-1908)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2024, 06:27:35 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!!

Did Jesus ever feel lonely? Absolutely! So if you are feeling loneliness of spirit in a world of sin because your heart is truly converted, and you covet pain, toil and sacrifice for His dear sake, take heart! Jesus "gets you"--and so do those who have partaken of His character, counting it highest privilege to suffer for His dear sake in the saving of souls!

To have all of the fruits of the Spirit in the life without one missing in genuine, thorough conversion is not a passive experience, for the love of Christ constrains us to go in the path He marked out by His selfless life of holiness, service and the crowning sacrifice He made at Calvary! We need to keep our focus centered on Him, so we will not be deceived by the deceitful lusts of sin that seek to deter us from the path God has appointed for us. To stay converted, we need to ever keep our eyes of faith on Jesus and let the Holy Spirit speak and minister through us whatever He has planned! Live today with the realization that you can encourage Jesus by partaking of His character and experience, and be thankful also that He can bring godly people in your life that share in the sympathy of heavenly influences, helping to encourage you and them in the upward path to heaven!