Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--43--Barriers Broken Down  (Read 15425 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--43--Barriers Broken Down
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2022, 11:42:08 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard! Praise the Lord for the open door to salvation!!

"In faith the woman of Phoenicia flung herself against the barriers that had been piled up between Jew and Gentile. Against discouragement, regardless of appearances that might have led her to doubt, she trusted the Saviour's love. It is thus that Christ desires us to trust in Him. The blessings of salvation are for every soul. Nothing but his own choice can prevent any man from becoming a partaker of the promise in Christ by the gospel." {The Desire of Ages, page 403, paragraph 2}

Let us trust the Lord's grace and walk where He leads us to go! He is able to save to the uttermost all who come unto God by Him! Let us always choose Christ and surrender the whole heart to Him, so that all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in our lives without one missing, even as we affectionately obey God from a new heart!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2022, 08:15:24 PM »
"The Saviour is satisfied. He has tested her faith in Him."

"By His dealings with her, He has shown that she who has been regarded as an outcast from Israel is no longer an alien, but a child in God's household."

"As a child it is her privilege to share in the Father's gifts."

"Christ now grants her request, and finishes the lesson to the disciples."

"Turning to her with a look of pity and love, He says, "O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt."

"From that hour her daughter became whole."

"The demon troubled her no more."

"The woman departed, acknowledging her Saviour, and happy in the granting of her prayer."

"The same agencies that barred men away from Christ eighteen hundred years ago are at work today. The spirit which built up the partition wall between Jew and Gentile is still active."

"Pride and prejudice have built strong walls of separation between different classes of men. Christ and His mission have been misrepresented, and multitudes feel that they are virtually shut away from the ministry of the gospel."

"But let them not feel that they are shut away from Christ."

"There are no barriers which man or Satan can erect but that faith can penetrate."

What a great example of the powerful transforming Grace of our Savior. May we chose to follow in the footstep of our Lord & Saviour as we deal with our fellow human beings. 

=======================

Come, every soul by sin oppressed,
  There’s mercy with the Lord;
And He will surely give you rest
  By trusting in His Word.
    Only trust Him! Only trust Him!
  Only trust Him now!
He will save you! He will save you!
    He will save you now!
For Jesus shed His precious blood
  Rich blessings to bestow;
Plunge now into the crimson flood
  That washeth white as snow.
Yes, Jesus is the Truth, the Way,
  That leads you into rest;
Believe in Him without delay,
  And you are fully blest.
Come then, and join the holy band,
  And on to glory go;
In Christ’s redemption take your stand,
  And all His goodness know.

Lyrics & Music : John Hart Stockton (1813-1877)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2022, 04:59:47 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

What is your choice?

"In faith the woman of Phoenicia flung herself against the barriers that had been piled up between Jew and Gentile. Against discouragement, regardless of appearances that might have led her to doubt, she trusted the Saviour's love. It is thus that Christ desires us to trust in Him. The blessings of salvation are for every soul. Nothing but his own choice can prevent any man from becoming a partaker of the promise in Christ by the gospel." {The Desire of Ages, page 403, paragraph 2}

Only YOU are the deciding factor in salvation. God loves you and is doing ALL He can to save you. Satan is against you and seeks to discourage you from trusting God's promises, but Jesus defeated Him at the cross and rose in triumph from the tomb and offers us His same victory over the world, the flesh and the devil as we abide in Him! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing abide in the truly converted soul that lives by faith on Christ, and we are empowered to overcome even as Christ did by humble, affectionate obedience to God's will revealed in His word! Will you choose Christ today, continually?
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2022, 04:36:00 AM »
Today's reading has to do with God's hatred of cast. But, buried in the chapter is this wonderful truth that ought to encourage all of our hearts.  Christ knew this woman's situation. He knew that she was longing to see Him, and He placed Himself in her path. So it is today, Jesus loves us and knows the number of hairs on our head. He knows us even before we know Him. He is working to bring us to Himself that we might be transformed from sinners to saints.

Christ knew this woman's situation. He knew that she was longing to see Him, and He placed Himself in her path. By ministering to her sorrow, He could give a living representation of the lesson He designed to teach. For this He had brought His disciples into this region. He desired them to see the ignorance existing in cities and villages close to the land of Israel. The people who had been given every opportunity to understand the truth were without a knowledge of the needs of those around them. No effort was made to help souls in darkness. The partition wall which Jewish pride had erected, shut even the disciples from sympathy with the heathen world. But these barriers were to be broken down.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2022, 08:01:15 PM »
"The same agencies that barred men away from Christ eighteen hundred years ago are at work today."

"The spirit which built up the partition wall between Jew and Gentile is still active."

"Pride and prejudice have built strong walls of separation between different classes of men.

"Christ and His mission have been misrepresented."

"Multitudes feel that they are virtually shut away from the ministry of the gospel."

"There are no barriers which man or Satan can erect but that faith can penetrate."

"Jesus said in...."Revelation 3:19-21 King James Version...

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."

What are "WE" waiting for??  "Will YOU, Will I" Choose the transient joys of sinful pleasure rather than the Eternal Joys of a future relationship with Jesus,in a world where there will be NO MORE Sickness - Sorrow, or Death.??

==============================

Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go,
Anywhere He leads me in this world below.
Anywhere without Him, dearest joys would fade;
Anywhere with Jesus I am not afraid.
    Anywhere! anywhere! Fear I cannot know.
  Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go.
Anywhere with Jesus I am not alone,
Other friends may fail me, He is still my own.
Though His hand may lead me over dreary way,
Anywhere with Jesus is a house of praise.
Anywhere with Jesus I can go to sleep,
When the darkling shadows round about me creep
Knowing I shall waken never more to roam,
Anywhere with Jesus will be home, sweet home.

Lyrics:Jessie Brown Pounds (1861-1921)
Music:Daniel Brink Towner (1850-1919)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2022, 10:02:33 AM »
Amen dear brother!! It is so very sad that many who profess to serve Christ have never experienced the joy of helping others and pointing them to Jesus. The love, joy, and peace that God wants to give is in and of itself reward enough for giving up the things of this world.

In faith the woman of Phoenicia flung herself against the barriers that had been piled up between Jew and Gentile. Against discouragement, regardless of appearances that might have led her to doubt, she trusted the Saviour's love. It is thus that Christ desires us to trust in Him. The blessings of salvation are for every soul. Nothing but his own choice can prevent any man from becoming a partaker of the promise in Christ by the gospel.

She was a very smart woman! And free from the pride that would have denied her prayer for her daughter. The leaders in Israel appear for what they are in contrast to the faith of Phonenician woman. Let us be smart and learn from her example!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2022, 08:14:24 PM »
"Here Christ meets one of an unfortunate and despised race, that has not been favored with the light of God's word."

"Yet she yields at once to the divine influence of Christ, and has implicit faith in His ability to grant the favor she asks."

"She begs for the crumbs that fall from the Master's table."

"If she may have the privilege of a dog, she is willing to be regarded as a dog."

"She has no national or religious prejudice or pride to influence her course"

"She immediately acknowledges Jesus as the Redeemer, and as being able to do all that she asks of Him."

"The Saviour is satisfied. He has tested her faith in Him."

"By His dealings with her, He has shown that she who has been regarded as an outcast from Israel is no longer an alien, but a child in God's household. As a child it is her privilege to share in the Father's gifts."

Christ now grants her request, and finishes the lesson to the disciples.

"Turning to her with a look of pity and love, He says, "O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt." From that hour her daughter became whole. The demon troubled her no more."

"The woman departed, acknowledging her Saviour, and happy in the granting of her prayer. "

What a great lesson for us today. We can come as we are to Jesus and He will provide freely what would be best  for us. But we need also to remember that He might say "YES",  Or He might say " Wait for It"  Or He might say  " NO " . Not because He doesn't love us but He knows what is BEST for Us.

==================================
One sat alone beside the highway begging,
  His eyes were blind, the light he could not see;
He clutched his rags and shivered in the shadows,
  Then Jesus came and bade his darkness flee.
    When Jesus comes the tempter’s pow’r is broken;
  When Jesus comes the tears are wiped away.
He takes the gloom and fills the life with glory,
    For all is changed when Jesus comes to stay.
From home and friends the evil spirits drove him,
  Among the tombs he dwelt in misery;
He cut himself as demon pow’rs possessed him,
  Then Jesus came and set the captive free.
“Unclean! unclean!” the leper cried in torment,
  The deaf, the dumb, in helplessness stood near;
The fever raged, disease had gripped its victim,
  Then Jesus came and cast out every fear.
Their hearts were sad as in the tomb they laid him,
  For death had come and taken him away;
Their night was dark and bitter tears were falling,
  Then Jesus came and night was turned to day.
So men today have found the Savior able,
  They could not conquer passion, lust and sin;
Their broken hearts had left them sad and lonely,
  Then Jesus came and dwelt, Himself, within.

Lyrics:Oswald Jeffrey Smith (1889-1986)
Music:Homer Rodeheaver

Dorine

« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2022, 05:58:15 AM »
  "When He said, "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel," He stated the truth, and in His work for the Canaanite woman He was fulfilling His commission. This woman was one of the lost sheep that Israel should have rescued. It was their appointed work, the work which they had neglected, that Christ was doing.      

This act opened the minds of the disciples more fully to the labor that lay before them among the Gentiles. They saw a wide field of usefulness outside of Judea. They saw souls bearing sorrows unknown to those more highly favored. Among those whom they had been taught to despise were souls longing for help from the mighty Healer, hungering for the light of truth, which had been so abundantly given to the Jews."

The lesson here that Jesus had for the disciples is for us also. Lost souls are all around us. May God help us to search for those who are not of our faith but would readily accept Jesus if they could see and hear Him in us. We have such a marvelous message of saving grace to give to those languishing in darkness. May we always show our appreciation for the tremendous privilege we have of knowing God and His truth by being vessels filled with the Holy Spirit as we search for those who are looking for truth.  I'd also like to add that there are many who are not of our faith that have given there all to Jesus and today many are suffering persecution and even death for His sake. God sees His people everywhere just as He saw beforehand this heathen woman who was now begging Him for help. He never refuses such an act of faith.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2022, 07:56:44 AM »
Amen dear Sister Dorine.  This is the lesson we are to gain from this chapter. I found another truth that is helpful as we consider how we are to spread the gospel message while living in a Laodicean Church that for the most part is blind to spiritual lessons. How does Jesus deal with this poor lady?  Jesus was not being nice to this poor woman. Who shall argue against this truth? None can. But, He could not hide His compassion from her.

But although Jesus did not reply, the woman did not lose faith. As He passed on, as if not hearing her, she followed Him, continuing her supplications. Annoyed by her importunities, the disciples asked Jesus to send her away. They saw that their Master treated her with indifference, and they therefore supposed that the prejudice of the Jews against the Canaanites was pleasing to Him. But it was a pitying Saviour to whom the woman made her plea, and in answer to the request of the disciples, Jesus said, "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Although this answer appeared to be in accordance with the prejudice of the Jews, it was an implied rebuke to the disciples, which they afterward understood as reminding them of what He had often told them,--that He came to the world to save all who would accept Him. 

I love the character of the woman. In response to the actions of Jesus and His Words, she believed that He was saying she did not deserve the blessings given to the Jews. That she was considered below them in value.  She had no pride and accepted the title of a "dog" in order to have her daughter delivered from the captivity of Satan.

Some will wonder as to what Jesus meant. Many will struggle and place a false interpretation upon His Words. Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. But, not only to them, but to all the lost sheep of the world.  The statement appeared to the disciples to be in harmony with their prejudice It also appeared to the woman to apply only to Israel. Then why did Jesus say it in the manner He did? It was a "rebuke to the disciples." He had already told them "that He came to the world to save all who would accept Him." Look beyond the Words of Jesus to His motive.  When God struck Uzza dead, look past the action of God to His motive (1 Chron. 13:10). You may not find a motive, but if you know the character of God, then you will understand His action was right because His motive was right, pure, and holy. It was not an arbitrary act in response to a first time sin, but it was the end of a long time habit of sin that caused His death. That is the character or our God. He is perfectly just.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2022, 08:03:15 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine and Brother Richard!!

What a blessing it is to get to surrender fully to Jesus like the woman of Phoenicia! She trusted completely in Jesus, and Christ gave her salvation and healing for her daughter! Oh, what a blessing it is to behold Christ and become changed into His image! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be seen in our lives as long as we continue to surrender to Christ and abide in His love! We can be more than conquerors through Him that loved us!

"The Saviour's visit to Phoenicia and the miracle there performed had a yet wider purpose. Not alone for the afflicted woman, nor even for His disciples and those who received their labors, was the work accomplished; but also 'that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through His name.' John 20:31. The same agencies that barred men away from Christ eighteen hundred years ago are at work today. The spirit which built up the partition wall between Jew and Gentile is still active. Pride and prejudice have built strong walls of separation between different classes of men. Christ and His mission have been misrepresented, and multitudes feel that they are virtually shut away from the ministry of the gospel. But let them not feel that they are shut away from Christ. There are no barriers which man or Satan can erect but that faith can penetrate." {The Desire of Ages, page 403, paragraph 1}

It is our choice! Let's all choose Christ!!

Philip T

« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2022, 08:20:49 AM »
   Jesus longed to unfold the deep mysteries of the truth which had been hid for ages, that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs with the Jews, and "partakers of His promise in Christ by the gospel." Ephesians 3:6. This truth the disciples were slow to learn, and the divine Teacher gave them lesson upon lesson. In rewarding the faith of the centurion at Capernaum, and preaching the gospel to the inhabitants of Sychar, He had already given evidence that He did not share the intolerance of the Jews. But the Samaritans had some knowledge of God; and the centurion had shown kindness to Israel. Now Jesus brought the disciples in contact with a heathen, whom they regarded as having no reason above any of her people, to expect favor from Him. He would give an example of how such a one should be treated. The disciples had thought that He dispensed too freely the gifts of His grace. He would show that His love was not to be circumscribed to race or nation.

Through Jesus example all are to be reached with the gospel, His last commission in Matthew 28, says to go to all peoples with the gospel message, we are to witness to those around us when God opens divine appointments to us. I will share what happened to me yesterday. While on my way to the hospital to see my mother who dislocated her hip, I stopped at a restaurant for lunch. I sat in a booth facing another man in his booth, he was on the phone the whole time, he discussed his recent diagnosis of cancer and other problems in his life, he got up to leave and stopped at my table telling me he was sorry for his rough language while on the phone. I asked him if he would like prayer, he sat down and we prayed together, he then shared some of his problems, we got up and left together, he was most thankful for prayer. I have asked God since to care for this soul and that our brief contact was a blessing to him and awakens a need for God in his life.
I will most likely never see him again as he is a trucker that drives many miles a day. God's mercy, love, kindness, and Gospel meassage is for all.

Dorine

« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2022, 04:49:44 AM »
Thank you Philip for sharing that faith building experience in the restaurant.  What a joy it is to live for Jesus, being ready at any moment to bring hope and comfort into another's life. He will never forget that unexpected encounter with a man of God. We may pray that it will change his life forever and cause him to put his trust fully in Jesus and to let Him carry his burdens.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2023, 08:27:03 PM »
color=maroon]"The same agencies that barred men away from Christ eighteen hundred years ago are at work today. The spirit which built up the partition wall between Jew and Gentile is still active."

"Pride and prejudice have built strong walls of separation between different classes of men."

"Christ and His mission have been misrepresented, and multitudes feel that they are virtually shut away from the ministry of the gospel."
[/color]

"It is thus that Christ desires us to trust in Him."

"The blessings of salvation are for every soul."

"Nothing but his own choice can prevent any man from becoming a partaker of the promise in Christ by the gospel."

Jesus died for "ALL"  of us, regardless where we were born on planet Earth. But our enemy, Satan, is working hard to prevent the Good News of Salvation Through Jesus that is available to all who hear it and accept it!! Are "WE " willing to do our part?

========================

I
hear the Savior say,
“Thy strength indeed is small,
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all.”
  Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
  He washed it white as snow.
Lord, now indeed I find
Thy pow’r, and Thine alone,
Can change the leper’s spots,
And melt the heart of stone.
For nothing good have I
Whereby Thy grace to claim—
I’ll wash my garments white
In the blood of Calv’ry’s Lamb.
And when, before the throne,
I stand in Him complete,
“Jesus died my soul to save,”
My lips shall still repeat,
Jesus paid it all.

Lyrics:Elvina Mable Reynolds Hall (1822-1889)
Music:John Thomas Grape (1834-1915)

Phase 1 of Eye Surgery done Friday - Going for follow up visit today. Thank you for your prayers. May you all have a very Blessed Sabbath.         

Dorine

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2023, 03:34:43 AM »
"In faith the woman of Phoenicia flung herself against the barriers that had been piled up between Jew and Gentile. Against discouragement, regardless of appearances that might have led her to doubt, she trusted the Saviour's love. It is thus that Christ desires us to trust in Him. The blessings of salvation are for every soul. Nothing but his own choice can prevent any man from becoming a partaker of the promise in Christ by the gospel."

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2023, 05:33:22 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Praying for the Lord to bless you with a good outcome for your eyes! Amen, also, Sister Dorine!

Happy Sabbath!! God is very generous! Let us open our hearts to His unselfish love and live to bless others! All He does is for the good of the universe and those whom He loves with an infinite love! As Jesus granted the request of the Gentile woman whose daughter needed healing from demon possession, Christ was showing how He yearns to bless all! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will come into the life that is fully yielded to Jesus, empowering the soul to affectionately obey God from the new heart given by grace through faith in the genuine experience of salvation!

"Jesus longed to unfold the deep mysteries of the truth which had been hid for ages, that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs with the Jews, and 'partakers of His promise in Christ by the gospel.' Ephesians 3:6. This truth the disciples were slow to learn, and the divine Teacher gave them lesson upon lesson. In rewarding the faith of the centurion at Capernaum, and preaching the gospel to the inhabitants of Sychar, He had already given evidence that He did not share the intolerance of the Jews. But the Samaritans had some knowledge of God; and the centurion had shown kindness to Israel. Now Jesus brought the disciples in contact with a heathen, whom they regarded as having no reason above any of her people, to expect favor from Him. He would give an example of how such a one should be treated. The disciples had thought that He dispensed too freely the gifts of His grace. He would show that His love was not to be circumscribed to race or nation." {The Desire of Ages, page 402, paragraph 2}

As we open our hearts to Jesus and all He longs to do, we will find new opportunities to go forth to bless others in His appointed ways! May your heart be fully knit with Christ this Sabbath as you grow in His love!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2023, 08:21:57 AM »
Amen my dear brothers and sister! Jesus did indeed pay it all! A short but wonderful reading today. We love the woman who revealed no pride. How much do we all want this pure heart that is the requirement for heaven. This transformation of character is the greatest of all miracles!

The Saviour is satisfied. He has tested her faith in Him. By His dealings with her, He has shown that she who has been regarded as an outcast from Israel is no longer an alien, but a child in God's household. As a child it is her privilege to share in the Father's gifts. Christ now grants her request, and finishes the lesson to the disciples. Turning to her with a look of pity and love, He says, "O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt." From that hour her daughter became whole. The demon troubled her no more. The woman departed, acknowledging her Saviour, and happy in the granting of her prayer.
     This was the only miracle that Jesus wrought while on this journey.

Yes, the miracle of all miracles!

Beacon

« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2023, 09:19:22 PM »
"The same agencies that barred men away from Christ eighteen hundred years ago are at work today."

"The spirit which built up the partition wall between Jew and Gentile is still active."

"Pride and prejudice have built strong walls of separation between different classes of men."

"Christ and His mission have been misrepresented, and multitudes feel that they are virtually shut away from the ministry of the gospel."

"But let them not feel that they are shut away from Christ. There are no barriers which man or Satan can erect but that faith can penetrate."

Praise the Lord....He invites "US" All to come to Him just as we are! Are "WE" willing to come?

===========================
Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bid’st me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come! I come!
Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot;
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!
Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt;
Fightings within, and fears without,
Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind;
Yes, all I need, in Thee to find,
Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Has broken every barrier down;
Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,

Lyrics:Charlotte Elliott (1789-1871)
Music:William Batchelder Bradbury (1816-1868)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2023, 05:42:02 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

What do you choose? Salvation is freely offered to EVERY human being, and only YOU can make the final choice regarding whether you accept the gift of Jesus and His truth! Let us abide in Him by a complete surrender so He can supernaturally bring forth in our lives all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Gladly we can obey God's law up to the light we have received and thus glorify God by a life that accepts the salvation He gave us at infinite cost to Himself! We can see in the eager desire of the Syrophoenician woman to receive help from Jesus for healing for her daughter--with His salvation--that God is drawing all to Him, and we can know He freely receives each one, if we will but accept His word as the foundation of our faith! 

Christ is gracious to each and knows the needs of each soul. As we learn of Christ in humility, day by day we can grow in grace and strength to joyfully experience salvation and then go forth as Christ has commissioned us, extending His saving love to those we meet in preparation for heaven!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2023, 07:32:23 AM »
Amen and amen!!

Caste is hateful to God. He ignores everything of this character. In His sight the souls of all men are of equal value. He "hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; that they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after Him, and find Him, though He be not far from every one of us." Without distinction of age, or rank, or nationality, or religious privilege, all are invited to come unto Him and live. "Whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference." "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free." "The rich and poor meet together: the Lord is the Maker of them all." "The same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon Him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Acts 17:26, 27; Galatians 3:28; Proverbs 22:2; Romans 10:11-13.   

Beacon

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2023, 12:05:53 AM »
"In rewarding the faith of the centurion at Capernaum, and preaching the gospel to the inhabitants of Sychar, Jesus had already given evidence that He did not share the intolerance of the Jews."

"The Samaritans had some knowledge of God; and the centurion had shown kindness to Israel."

"Now Jesus brought the disciples in contact with a heathen, whom they regarded as having no reason above any of her people, to expect favor from Him."

"He would give an example of how such a one should be treated."

"The disciples had thought that He dispensed too freely the gifts of His grace."

"Jesus would show that His love was not to be circumscribed to race or nation."

Should "WE" not also ask ourselves, " Am I prejudiced "??

========================
Beneath the cross of Jesus
  I fain would take my stand,
The shadow of a mighty Rock
  Within a weary land;
A home within the wilderness,
  A rest upon the way,
From the burning of the noontide heat,
  And the burden of the day.
Oh, safe and happy shelter!
  Oh, refuge tried and sweet!
Oh, trysting place where heaven’s love
  And heaven’s justice meet.
As to the holy patriarch
  That wondrous dream was given,
So is my Savior by the cross
  A ladder up to heaven.
There lies beneath its shadow,
  But on the farther side,
The darkness of an awful grave
  That gapes both deep and wide;
And there between us stands the cross,
  Two arms outstretched to save,
Like a watchman set to guard the way
  From that eternal grave.
Upon that cross of Jesus
  Mine eye at times can see
The very dying form of One,
  Who suffered there for me;
And from my smitten heart, with tears,
  Two wonders I confess,
The wonders of His glorious love,
  And my own worthlessness.
I take, O cross, thy shadow
  For my abiding place;
I ask no other sunshine than
  The sunshine of His face;
Content to let the world go by,
  To know no gain nor loss,
My sinful self my only shame,
  My glory all the cross.

Lyrics:Elizabeth Cecilia Clephane (1830-1869)
Music:Frederick Charles Maker (1844-1927)