Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--43--Barriers Broken Down  (Read 11899 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--43--Barriers Broken Down
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2022, 11:42:08 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard! Praise the Lord for the open door to salvation!!

"In faith the woman of Phoenicia flung herself against the barriers that had been piled up between Jew and Gentile. Against discouragement, regardless of appearances that might have led her to doubt, she trusted the Saviour's love. It is thus that Christ desires us to trust in Him. The blessings of salvation are for every soul. Nothing but his own choice can prevent any man from becoming a partaker of the promise in Christ by the gospel." {The Desire of Ages, page 403, paragraph 2}

Let us trust the Lord's grace and walk where He leads us to go! He is able to save to the uttermost all who come unto God by Him! Let us always choose Christ and surrender the whole heart to Him, so that all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in our lives without one missing, even as we affectionately obey God from a new heart!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2022, 08:15:24 PM »
"The Saviour is satisfied. He has tested her faith in Him."

"By His dealings with her, He has shown that she who has been regarded as an outcast from Israel is no longer an alien, but a child in God's household."

"As a child it is her privilege to share in the Father's gifts."

"Christ now grants her request, and finishes the lesson to the disciples."

"Turning to her with a look of pity and love, He says, "O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt."

"From that hour her daughter became whole."

"The demon troubled her no more."

"The woman departed, acknowledging her Saviour, and happy in the granting of her prayer."

"The same agencies that barred men away from Christ eighteen hundred years ago are at work today. The spirit which built up the partition wall between Jew and Gentile is still active."

"Pride and prejudice have built strong walls of separation between different classes of men. Christ and His mission have been misrepresented, and multitudes feel that they are virtually shut away from the ministry of the gospel."

"But let them not feel that they are shut away from Christ."

"There are no barriers which man or Satan can erect but that faith can penetrate."

What a great example of the powerful transforming Grace of our Savior. May we chose to follow in the footstep of our Lord & Saviour as we deal with our fellow human beings. 

=======================

Come, every soul by sin oppressed,
  Thereís mercy with the Lord;
And He will surely give you rest
  By trusting in His Word.
    Only trust Him! Only trust Him!
  Only trust Him now!
He will save you! He will save you!
    He will save you now!
For Jesus shed His precious blood
  Rich blessings to bestow;
Plunge now into the crimson flood
  That washeth white as snow.
Yes, Jesus is the Truth, the Way,
  That leads you into rest;
Believe in Him without delay,
  And you are fully blest.
Come then, and join the holy band,
  And on to glory go;
In Christís redemption take your stand,
  And all His goodness know.

Lyrics & Music : John Hart Stockton (1813-1877)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2022, 04:59:47 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

What is your choice?

"In faith the woman of Phoenicia flung herself against the barriers that had been piled up between Jew and Gentile. Against discouragement, regardless of appearances that might have led her to doubt, she trusted the Saviour's love. It is thus that Christ desires us to trust in Him. The blessings of salvation are for every soul. Nothing but his own choice can prevent any man from becoming a partaker of the promise in Christ by the gospel." {The Desire of Ages, page 403, paragraph 2}

Only YOU are the deciding factor in salvation. God loves you and is doing ALL He can to save you. Satan is against you and seeks to discourage you from trusting God's promises, but Jesus defeated Him at the cross and rose in triumph from the tomb and offers us His same victory over the world, the flesh and the devil as we abide in Him! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing abide in the truly converted soul that lives by faith on Christ, and we are empowered to overcome even as Christ did by humble, affectionate obedience to God's will revealed in His word! Will you choose Christ today, continually?
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2022, 04:36:00 AM »
Today's reading has to do with God's hatred of cast. But, buried in the chapter is this wonderful truth that ought to encourage all of our hearts.  Christ knew this woman's situation. He knew that she was longing to see Him, and He placed Himself in her path. So it is today, Jesus loves us and knows the number of hairs on our head. He knows us even before we know Him. He is working to bring us to Himself that we might be transformed from sinners to saints.

Christ knew this woman's situation. He knew that she was longing to see Him, and He placed Himself in her path. By ministering to her sorrow, He could give a living representation of the lesson He designed to teach. For this He had brought His disciples into this region. He desired them to see the ignorance existing in cities and villages close to the land of Israel. The people who had been given every opportunity to understand the truth were without a knowledge of the needs of those around them. No effort was made to help souls in darkness. The partition wall which Jewish pride had erected, shut even the disciples from sympathy with the heathen world. But these barriers were to be broken down.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2022, 08:01:15 PM »
"The same agencies that barred men away from Christ eighteen hundred years ago are at work today."

"The spirit which built up the partition wall between Jew and Gentile is still active."

"Pride and prejudice have built strong walls of separation between different classes of men.

"Christ and His mission have been misrepresented."

"Multitudes feel that they are virtually shut away from the ministry of the gospel."

"But let them not feel that they are shut away from Christ."

"There are no barriers which man or Satan can erect but that faith can penetrate."

"Jesus said in...."Revelation 3:19-21 King James Version...

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."

What are "WE" waiting for??  "Will YOU, Will I" Choose the transient joys of sinful pleasure rather than the Eternal Joys of a future relationship with Jesus,in a world where there will be NO MORE Sickness - Sorrow, or Death.??

==============================

Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go,
Anywhere He leads me in this world below.
Anywhere without Him, dearest joys would fade;
Anywhere with Jesus I am not afraid.
    Anywhere! anywhere! Fear I cannot know.
  Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go.
Anywhere with Jesus I am not alone,
Other friends may fail me, He is still my own.
Though His hand may lead me over dreary way,
Anywhere with Jesus is a house of praise.
Anywhere with Jesus I can go to sleep,
When the darkling shadows round about me creep
Knowing I shall waken never more to roam,
Anywhere with Jesus will be home, sweet home.

Lyrics:Jessie Brown Pounds (1861-1921)
Music:Daniel Brink Towner (1850-1919)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2022, 10:02:33 AM »
Amen dear brother!! It is so very sad that many who profess to serve Christ have never experienced the joy of helping others and pointing them to Jesus. The love, joy, and peace that God wants to give is in and of itself reward enough for giving up the things of this world.

In faith the woman of Phoenicia flung herself against the barriers that had been piled up between Jew and Gentile. Against discouragement, regardless of appearances that might have led her to doubt, she trusted the Saviour's love. It is thus that Christ desires us to trust in Him. The blessings of salvation are for every soul. Nothing but his own choice can prevent any man from becoming a partaker of the promise in Christ by the gospel.

She was a very smart woman! And free from the pride that would have denied her prayer for her daughter. The leaders in Israel appear for what they are in contrast to the faith of Phonenician woman. Let us be smart and learn from her example!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.