Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--38--Come Rest Awhile  (Read 15220 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--38--Come Rest Awhile
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2021, 06:36:05 AM »
"As activity increases and men become successful in doing any work for God, there is danger of trusting to human plans and methods. There is a tendency to pray less, and to have less faith."

"Like the disciples, we are in danger of losing sight of our dependence on God, and seeking to make a savior of our activity. We need to look constantly to Jesus, realizing that it is His power which does the work."

"While we are to labor earnestly for the salvation of the lost, we must also take time for meditation, for prayer, and for the study of the word of God. Only the work accomplished with much prayer, and sanctified by the merit of Christ, will in the end prove to have been efficient for good."

As we move into another precious day of life with Jesus and endeavor to tell and demonstrate His love to others may we always remember to put Jesus first and foremost in all that we do or say. May the words of this song remind us....."That without Jesus we can do nothing."

===================================================================

"Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.

Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee."

Lyrics:Frances Ridley Havergal (1836-1879)
Music:Henri Abraham Cesar Malan (1787-1864

Look up and listen for the shout.

Beacon

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2022, 08:12:51 PM »
"We must individually hear Him speaking to the heart."

"When every other voice is hushed, and in quietness we wait before Him, the silence of the soul makes more distinct the voice of God."

"He bids us, 'Be still, and know that I am God.' Psalm 46:10.

"Here alone can true rest be found. This is the effectual preparation for all who labor for God."

"Amid the hurrying throng, and the strain of life's intense activities, the soul that is thus refreshed will be surrounded with an atmosphere of light and peace."

"The life will breathe out fragrance, and will reveal a divine power that will reach men's hearts."

It is impossible to " GIVE " what we haven't RECEIVED! We MUST come part and spend time with Jesus   

Take time to be holy,
speak oft with thy Lord;
abide in him always,
and feed on his word.
Make friends of God’s children,
help those who are weak,
forgetting in nothing
his blessing to seek.

Take time to be holy,
the world rushes on;
spend much time in secret
with Jesus alone.
By looking to Jesus,
like him thou shalt be;
thy friends in thy conduct
his likeness shall see.

Take time to be holy,
let him be thy guide,
and run not before him,
whatever betide.
In joy or in sorrow,
still follow the Lord,
and, looking to Jesus,
still trust in his word.

Take time to be holy,
be calm in thy soul,
each thought and each motive
beneath his control.
Thus led by his spirit
to fountains of love,
thou soon shalt be fitted
for service above.

Words byM.D. Longstaff 1882-1894
Music by George C. Stebbins 1846-1945

Dorine

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2022, 06:44:41 AM »
"In Christ the cry of humanity reached the Father of infinite pity. As a man He supplicated the throne of God till His humanity was charged with a heavenly current that should connect humanity with divinity. Through continual communion He received life from God, that He might impart life to the world. His experience is to be ours."

No matter our circumstances we may be in an attitude of continual communion with God. I took note of where it said that Jesus supplicated the throne of God TILL His humanity was charged with a heavenly current.  Do we plan time with God where we can pour out our heart to Him uninterrupted by distractions until we know that we have received a special measure of heavenly strength to face the day? Then throughout the day as we interact with others many silent prayers are ascending to heaven. It's a magnificent relationship God has with those who know Him. Not only do we receive benefit from this relationship but it will be a blessing to all those around us.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2022, 07:24:26 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

Where do we find true rest?

"In all who are under the training of God is to be revealed a life that is not in harmony with the world, its customs, or its practices; and everyone needs to have a personal experience in obtaining a knowledge of the will of God. We must individually hear Him speaking to the heart. When every other voice is hushed, and in quietness we wait before Him, the silence of the soul makes more distinct the voice of God. He bids us, 'Be still, and know that I am God.' Psalm 46:10. Here alone can true rest be found.  And this is the effectual preparation for all who labor for God. Amid the hurrying throng, and the strain of life's intense activities, the soul that is thus refreshed will be surrounded with an atmosphere of light and peace. The life will breathe out fragrance, and will reveal a divine power that will reach men's hearts." {The Desire of Ages, page 363, paragraph 3}

When we surrender the whole heart to Jesus and commune with Him, with nature and with our own hearts, we find rest in His divine presence through receiving the personal application of His word to our lives. As we experience the depth of true conversion, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be seen in our lives, for Christ also empowers us to affectionately obey God from the heart He renews by divine grace! Such a life will bless others!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2022, 06:55:15 PM »
Amen! We all came to the same conclusion, if we would trust in Jesus, turn to Him continually, He would not let us down. He would be our continual Helper

If today we would take time to go to Jesus and tell Him our needs, we should not be disappointed; He would be at our right hand to help us. We need more simplicity, more trust and confidence in our Saviour. He whose name is called "The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace;" He of whom it is written, "The government shall be upon His shoulder," is the Wonderful Counselor. We are invited to ask wisdom of Him. He "giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not." Isaiah 9:6; James 1:5.
     In all who are under the training of God is to be revealed a life that is not in harmony with the world, its customs, or its practices; and everyone needs to have a personal experience in obtaining a knowledge of the will of God. We must individually hear Him speaking to the heart. When every other voice is hushed, and in quietness we wait before Him, the silence of the soul makes more distinct the voice of God. He bids us, "Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10. Here alone can true rest be found.  And this is the effectual preparation for all who labor for God. Amid the hurrying throng, and the strain of life's intense activities, the soul that is thus refreshed will be surrounded with an atmosphere of light and peace. The life will breathe out fragrance, and will reveal a divine power that will reach men's hearts. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2022, 08:16:52 PM »

"When every other voice is hushed, and in quietness we wait before Him, the silence of the soul makes more distinct the voice of God."

"He bids us, "Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10.'

"Here alone can true rest be found."

This is the effectual preparation for all who labor for God.

"Amid the hurrying throng, and the strain of life's intense activities, the soul that is thus refreshed will be surrounded with an atmosphere of light and peace. The life will breathe out fragrance, and will reveal a divine power that will reach men's hearts."

It is Satan's aim to keep us so BUSY that we do not take the time to listen to the Voice of the Holy Spirit. Someone said that the word BUSY could be looked at like this....Being Under Satan's Yoke. God's Word says in   Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."
I want to follow the Word of God -- Don't You?

======================

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His word;
Just to rest upon His promise;
Just to know, Thus saith the Lord.
    Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him,
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er,
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus!
  O for grace to trust Him more.
O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
Just in simple faith to plunge me,
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood.
Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life, and rest, and joy, and peace.
I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

Lyrics:Louisa M. R. Stead (circa 1850-1917)
Music:William James Kirkpatrick (1838-1921)

Dorine

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2022, 04:26:17 AM »
"In all who are under the training of God is to be revealed a life that is not in harmony with the world, its customs, or its practices; and everyone needs to have a personal experience in obtaining a knowledge of the will of God. We must individually hear Him speaking to the heart. When every other voice is hushed, and in quietness we wait before Him, the silence of the soul makes more distinct the voice of God. He bids us, "Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10. Here alone can true rest be found.  And this is the effectual preparation for all who labor for God. Amid the hurrying throng, and the strain of life's intense activities, the soul that is thus refreshed will be surrounded with an atmosphere of light and peace. The life will breathe out fragrance, and will reveal a divine power that will reach men's hearts."

This is the experience of every converted soul.  Less time on self and more time for Jesus. I want to be a fragrance that will reach the world for Jesus.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2022, 07:36:24 AM »
Amen my brother and sister!  How could we not want to share this wonderful news!   We are promised a changed life and told how to obtain it.  It is through communion with God that we know Him more and more. The things of this world can block His still small voice.

In all who are under the training of God is to be revealed a life that is not in harmony with the world, its customs, or its practices; and everyone needs to have a personal experience in obtaining a knowledge of the will of God. We must individually hear Him speaking to the heart. When every other voice is hushed, and in quietness we wait before Him, the silence of the soul makes more distinct the voice of God. He bids us, "Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10. Here alone can true rest be found.  And this is the effectual preparation for all who labor for God. Amid the hurrying throng, and the strain of life's intense activities, the soul that is thus refreshed will be surrounded with an atmosphere of light and peace. The life will breathe out fragrance, and will reveal a divine power that will reach men's hearts. 

And when we are filled with living water, we too may be a blessing to humanity and give much glory to our God. Thank you Jesus for your undying love! Continue to speak to us that we might have love, joy, and peace amid the intense activities of life.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2022, 08:00:21 PM »
"Jesus says to those who are worn and weary."

"Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat. Mark 6:31

"It is not wise to be always under the strain of work and excitement..."

"Even in ministering to men's spiritual needs "

"In this way personal piety is neglected, and the powers of mind and soul and body are overtaxed."

"Self-denial is required of the disciples of Christ, and sacrifices must be made."

"But care must also be exercised lest through their overzeal Satan may take advantage of the weakness of humanity, and the work of God may be marred."

Here we see excellent, balanced counsel being given to "ALL" There is a time to Pray and Study, and there is a time to Seek and Save the Lost. But there is also a time for rest to recharge. There is good counsel in the old adage "You can't give what you haven't got."

=======================

"Jesus, keep me near the cross,
  There a precious fountain,
Free to all—a healing stream,
  Flows from Calv’ry’s mountain.
    In the cross, in the cross,
  Be my glory ever;
From the cross my ransomed soul
    Nothing then shall sever.
Near the cross, a trembling soul,
  Love and mercy found me;
There the Bright and Morning Star
  Sheds its beams around me.
Near the cross! O Lamb of God,
  Bring its scenes before me;
Help me walk from day to day,
  With its shadow o’er me.
Near the cross I’ll watch and wait,
  Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I see my Savior’s face,
  Leave His presence never."

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:William Howard Doane (1832-1915)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2022, 05:07:58 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

What a blessing it is to truly "rest" in the presence of Jesus. Such rest is restorative and rejuvenating, not selfish and narrowing! As we commune with Christ in sincerity, He graciously speaks to us of His infinite love! Let us rest in the Lord today and be open to the souls we are given the opportunity to bless as we abide in Jesus. Such restful union and communion as the result of true conversion will be revealed in all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we gladly obey God's law of love!

"The rest which Christ and His disciples took was not self-indulgent rest. The time they spent in retirement was not devoted to pleasure seeking. They talked together regarding the work of God, and the possibility of bringing greater efficiency to the work. The disciples had been with Christ, and could understand Him; to them He need not talk in parables. He corrected their errors, and made plain to them the right way of approaching the people. He opened more fully to them the precious treasures of divine truth. They were vitalized by divine power, and inspired with hope and courage." {The Desire of Ages, page 361, paragraph 3} 

As Jesus works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure, He calls us to come with Him into the restful scenes of nature where we can be truly happy in His love; in gaining a deeper experience with Him in His word, we are better prepared to reach souls around us as they see that we have truly been with Jesus!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2022, 08:26:21 PM »
"Everyone needs to have a personal experience in obtaining a knowledge of the will of God.

"He bids us, "Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10."

"Here alone can true rest be found."

"And this is the effectual preparation for all who labor for God."

"Amid the hurrying throng, and the strain of life's intense activities, the soul that is thus refreshed will be surrounded with an atmosphere of light and peace."

"The life will breathe out fragrance, and will reveal a divine power that will reach men's hearts."

This is only possible "IF" we are willing to..Take Time To Be Holy. May we Make Jesus First and Last Very Day!

========================
Beneath the cross of Jesus
  I fain would take my stand,
The shadow of a mighty Rock
  Within a weary land;
A home within the wilderness,
  A rest upon the way,
From the burning of the noontide heat,
  And the burden of the day.
Oh, safe and happy shelter!
  Oh, refuge tried and sweet!
Oh, trysting place where heaven’s love
  And heaven’s justice meet.
As to the holy patriarch
  That wondrous dream was given,
So is my Savior by the cross
  A ladder up to heaven.
There lies beneath its shadow,
  But on the farther side,
The darkness of an awful grave
  That gapes both deep and wide;
And there between us stands the cross,
  Two arms outstretched to save,
Like a watchman set to guard the way
  From that eternal grave.
Upon that cross of Jesus
  Mine eye at times can see
The very dying form of One,
  Who suffered there for me;
And from my smitten heart, with tears,
  Two wonders I confess,
The wonders of His glorious love,
  And my own worthlessness.
I take, O cross, thy shadow
  For my abiding place;
I ask no other sunshine than
  The sunshine of His face;
Content to let the world go by,
  To know no gain nor loss,
My sinful self my only shame,
  My glory all the cross.

Lyrics:Elizabeth Cecilia Clephane (1830-1869)
Music:Frederick Charles Maker (1844-1927)

Dorine

« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2022, 05:52:50 AM »
"Come ye yourselves apart," He bids us. If we would give heed to His word, we should be stronger and more useful. The disciples sought Jesus, and told Him all things; and He encouraged and instructed them. If today we would take time to go to Jesus and tell Him our needs, we should not be disappointed; He would be at our right hand to help us. We need more simplicity, more trust and confidence in our Saviour. He whose name is called "The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace;" He of whom it is written, "The government shall be upon His shoulder," is the Wonderful Counselor. We are invited to ask wisdom of Him. He "giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not." Isaiah 9:6; James 1:5.

This chapter always speaks to me personally. It reminds me of what Jesus is eager to do for me if I faithfully go to Him and lay all my plans, hopes and concerns at His feet. I need wisdom from on high every waking moment because my wisdom has been proven faulty and destined to fail. He delights to commune with us and to liberally supply our every need. Why would anyone hold back from such an offer of divine grace? May our lives reveal to others the wonderful blessings of peace and joy when walking with and trusting Jesus.

Philip T

« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2022, 06:04:54 AM »
    The rest which Christ and His disciples took was not self-indulgent rest. The time they spent in retirement was not devoted to pleasure seeking. They talked together regarding the work of God, and the possibility of bringing greater efficiency to the work. The disciples had been with Christ, and could understand Him; to them He need not talk in parables. He corrected their errors, and made plain to them the right way of approaching the people. He opened more fully to them the precious treasures of divine truth. They were vitalized by divine power, and inspired with hope and courage. [/b]

The disciples were tired, Jesus invited them to come unto me and find rest, the rest spoken of in this chapter is the peace that comes from a close relationship with God, time for prayer, time for devotions, time in the scripture to grow closer to Jesus who strengthens us. We can get so involved in the things of the church, we do not allow time for this the most important step in Christ, do it our way and not let Jesus complete the work He began in us.
Stopping and listening to his directions and doing it Jesus's way, not our way. Letting the peace of God fill our hearts.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2022, 07:53:57 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Philip!

Where can we find true rest of soul?

"In the estimation of the rabbis it was the sum of religion to be always in a bustle of activity. They depended upon some outward performance to show their superior piety. Thus they separated their souls from God, and built themselves up in self-sufficiency. The same dangers still exist. As activity increases and men become successful in doing any work for God, there is danger of trusting to human plans and methods. There is a tendency to pray less, and to have less faith. Like the disciples, we are in danger of losing sight of our dependence on God, and seeking to make a savior of our activity. We need to look constantly to Jesus, realizing that it is His power which does the work. While we are to labor earnestly for the salvation of the lost, we must also take time for meditation, for prayer, and for the study of the word of God. Only the work accomplished with much prayer, and sanctified by the merit of Christ, will in the end prove to have been efficient for good." {The Desire of Ages, page 362, paragraph 2}

Christ alone brings rest of soul to us, and it is in looking to Him continually and abiding in His love in complete surrender that we are enabled to do what He calls us to do in winning souls. The time spent in prayer, meditation and Bible study is not wasted, but is a true character investment in having a genuine experience with Christ to be able to impart what He has given us. Let us not seek to make ceaseless activity our goal, but intentional union and communion with Christ from which flows all successful work for God in which Christ works in and through us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we are enabled to obey Him gladly!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2022, 06:39:25 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean. We need to stop in the middle of the day as did Daniel. We need to strengthen our connection with God through prayer and meditation on the Word. Then we shall be protected from self and sin.

"He bids us, "Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10."

Amen Brother Beacon!  It is such a blessing to stop and listen. We are so busy, which includes doing His work, that it is hard to hear that still small voice. We need to stop thinking and listen as He speaks His directions for the day and for the moment.

Amen Brother Philip, I too was impressed with the truth in this paragraph.

There are number of important lessons in today's reading, as there always are. The rest we need to take is not a vacation as the world considers a vacation. It is a break from the daily activities. Taking time like we do on the Sabbath. A time to stop and reflect upon the goodness of God and admire His works. With Christ there was no entertainment, no sport activities. There is not one bit written were He entered into the world's idea of recreation.

The rest which Christ and His disciples took was not self-indulgent rest. The time they spent in retirement was not devoted to pleasure seeking. They talked together regarding the work of God, and the possibility of bringing greater efficiency to the work. The disciples had been with Christ, and could understand Him; to them He need not talk in parables. He corrected their errors, and made plain to them the right way of approaching the people. He opened more fully to them the precious treasures of divine truth. They were vitalized by divine power, and inspired with hope and courage. 

The second lesson I got from this paragraph was something that some do not understand. Jesus corrected their errors. He is our example. There is a reason why He did not just teach them the truth and ignore their errors. Why might this be?  Then, it would also work for those who were not necessarily working with us that are in error. There are those who are very concerned that we not do this, but only teach the truth. They err in not understanding the benefit to be gotten by helping others see the error in their thinking. It is not a rebuke, but a helpful duty when the Spirit leads and we are fully surrendered to Christ.

Beacon

« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2023, 08:07:44 PM »
"Like the disciples, we are in danger of losing sight of our dependence on God, and seeking to make a savior of our activity."

"We need to look constantly to Jesus, realizing that it is His power which does the work."

"While we are to labor earnestly for the salvation of the lost, we must also take time for meditation, for prayer, and for the study of the word of God."

"Only the work accomplished with much prayer, and sanctified by the merit of Christ, will in the end prove to have been efficient for good."

Jesus said.... 'I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing' John 15:5 By beholding we become changed."

Are "WE " spending sufficient time with Jesus every day or are "WE" worshiping at Satan's alters??
=========================

Earthly pleasures vainly call me,
  I would be like Jesus;
Nothing worldly shall enthrall me,
  I would be like Jesus.
    Be like Jesus, this my song,
  In the home and in the throng;
Be like Jesus, all day long!
    I would be like Jesus.
He has broken every fetter,
  I would be like Jesus;
That my soul may serve Him better,
  I would be like Jesus.
All the way from earth to glory,
  I would be like Jesus;
Telling o’er and o’er the story,
  I would be like Jesus.

Lyrics:James Rowe (1866-1933)
Music:Bentley DeForest Ackley (1872-1958)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2023, 03:47:10 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!! Through constant union and communion with God through Christ by the Holy Spirit, we truly get to experience all that Christ offers us!

Jesus is training us for heaven! Let us not fail to experience what He is offering us by His own life and example!

"In all who are under the training of God is to be revealed a life that is not in harmony with the world, its customs, or its practices; and everyone needs to have a personal experience in obtaining a knowledge of the will of God. We must individually hear Him speaking to the heart. When every other voice is hushed, and in quietness we wait before Him, the silence of the soul makes more distinct the voice of God. He bids us, 'Be still, and know that I am God.' Psalm 46:10. Here alone can true rest be found. And this is the effectual preparation for all who labor for God. Amid the hurrying throng, and the strain of life's intense activities, the soul that is thus refreshed will be surrounded with an atmosphere of light and peace. The life will breathe out fragrance, and will reveal a divine power that will reach men's hearts." {The Desire of Ages, page 363, paragraph 3}

Christ loves to transform the character of every soul who yields fully to Him! He longs to do it for everyone, but He will not force and entrance! When we surrender completely to Christ and have that sweet, intimate time with Him, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing flow into the life and we are empowered to partake of the divine nature, enabling us to obey all of the truth from God's law that the Holy Spirit has revealed to us! What a miracle and what a blessing life becomes when we know God and Jesus Christ whom Has sent--for this is eternal life (John 17:3)!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2023, 10:05:37 PM »
Amen my dear brothers!  Since we have no wisdom, we need to wait on God before we make decisions as to what path to follow. God will direct us if we will follow Him.

Beacon

« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2023, 08:22:41 PM »
"As activity increases and men become successful in doing any work for God, there is danger of trusting to human plans and methods."

"There is a tendency to pray less, and to have less faith. "

"Like the disciples, we are in danger of losing sight of our dependence on God, and seeking to make a savior of our activity."

"We need to look constantly to Jesus, realizing that it is His power which does the work.

"While we are to labor earnestly for the salvation of the lost, we must also take time for meditation, for prayer, and for the study of the word of God."

"Only the work accomplished with much prayer, and sanctified by the merit of Christ, will in the end prove to have been efficient for good."

=====================

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
    I surrender all,
  I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Lyrics:Judson W. Van de Venter (1855-1939)
Music:Winfield Scott Weeden (1847-1908)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2023, 04:27:55 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon!! When we forget about God even when doing His work, we have no power to do any good thing, We need to look constantly to Jesus that we are truly wholly surrendered.

"Come ye yourselves apart," He bids us. If we would give heed to His word, we should be stronger and more useful. The disciples sought Jesus, and told Him all things; and He encouraged and instructed them. If today we would take time to go to Jesus and tell Him our needs, we should not be disappointed; He would be at our right hand to help us. We need more simplicity, more trust and confidence in our Saviour. He whose name is called "The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace;" He of whom it is written, "The government shall be upon His shoulder," is the Wonderful Counselor. We are invited to ask wisdom of Him. He "giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not." Isaiah 9:6; James 1:5.

Since we need to remember our constant need of Jesus, would it not be good to spend an hour a day contemplating His life? Through continual communion He received life from God, that He might impart life to the world. His experience is to be ours.