Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--37--The First Evangelists  (Read 15333 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--37--The First Evangelists
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2020, 06:44:56 AM »
Amen Sister Dorine!  God loves us, He loved those mean nasty Pharisees!  Jesus wept over Jerusalem. Do we love like He loves? Do we let our words come forth from a carnal heart? Or do we realize when Christ has our heart He has cleansed them from such things? How can we love Him the way He loves us, and thus be spared bringing reproach upon our Savior by crucifying Him afresh? As you say dear sister, we must spend a thoughtful hour a day with Him that we might not forget how much He loves us and what He suffered on our account. By beholding Him we shall be transformed into His character (2 Cor. 3:18). 

The servants of Christ are not to act out the dictates of the natural heart. They need to have close communion with God, lest, under provocation, self rise up, and they pour forth a torrent of words that are unbefitting, that are not as dew or the still showers that refresh the withering plants. This is what Satan wants them to do; for these are his methods. It is the dragon that is wroth; it is the spirit of Satan that is revealed in anger and accusing. But God's servants are to be representatives of Him. He desires them to deal only in the currency of heaven, the truth that bears His own image and superscription. The power by which they are to overcome evil is the power of Christ. The glory of Christ is their strength. They are to fix their eyes upon His loveliness. Then they can present the gospel with divine tact and gentleness. And the spirit that is kept gentle under provocation will speak more effectively in favor of the truth than will any argument, however forcible. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2020, 09:00:10 AM »
"The love of Christ, manifested in unselfish ministry, will be more effective in reforming the evildoer than will the sword or the court of justice. These are necessary to strike terror to the lawbreaker, but the loving missionary can do more than this..

.."Often the heart will harden under reproof; but it will melt under the love of Christ.."

"..The missionary cannot only relieve physical maladies, but he can lead the sinner to the Great Physician, who can cleanse the soul from the leprosy of sin. Through His servants, God designs that the sick, the unfortunate, those possessed of evil spirits, shall hear His voice. Through His human agencies He desires to be a Comforter such as the world knows not."

This is my prayer for today...."Lord lay some soul upon my heart and love that soul through me and may I humbly do my part to win that soul for thee. Take my life and let it be " fully consecrated " Lord to Thee." Amen
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2020, 06:17:53 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine, Brother Richard, and Brother Beacon!

The good news is better than you can ask or think! Look to Jesus and let Him give you a new heart and a new mind as you fully surrender your will to Him! Then He blots out your sins and fills you with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing!

"Not even a sparrow falls to the ground without the Father's notice. Satan's hatred against God leads him to hate every object of the Saviour's care. He seeks to mar the handiwork of God, and he delights in destroying  even the dumb creatures. It is only through God's protecting care that the birds are preserved to gladden us with their songs of joy. But He does not forget even the sparrows. 'Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.'" {The Desire of Ages, page 356, paragraph 4}
     "Jesus continues: As you confess Me before men, so I will confess you before God and the holy angels. You are to be My witnesses upon earth, channels through which My grace can flow for the healing of the world. So I will be your representative in heaven. The Father beholds not your faulty character, but He sees you as clothed in My perfection. I am the medium through which Heaven's blessings shall come to you. And everyone who confesses Me by sharing My sacrifice for the lost shall be confessed as a sharer in the glory and joy of the redeemed."  {The Desire of Ages, page 356, paragraph 4}

When we truly believe that God loves us and has an eternity planned of blessings, we can learn to trust Him on a moment-by-moment basis to keep us from sin and to direct us in the way that He knows is best to draw souls to Him!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Philip T

« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2021, 05:36:23 AM »
  Jesus continues: As you confess Me before men, so I will confess you before God and the holy angels. You are to be My witnesses upon earth, channels through which My grace can flow for the healing of the world. So I will be your representative in heaven. The Father beholds not your faulty character, but He sees you as clothed in My perfection. I am the medium through which Heaven's blessings shall come to you. And everyone who confesses Me by sharing My sacrifice for the lost shall be confessed as a sharer in the glory and joy of the redeemed.   

What a powerful chapter on witnessing for God, there was so much to be gleaned in this chapter, as we work and witness before those on this earth to plant seeds so the Holy Spirit can cause those seeds to grow, Jesus is at the same time pleading for us before His Father. The Godhead is love, and it shines forth here as a light in the darkness. The father does not see our faulty character but the Character of Jesus as He covers us with His blood and grace. It is through Jesus that our blessing flow, as we work for Jesus he works for us. What a wonderful thought.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2021, 06:20:38 AM »
Amen Brother Philip!  We are to reflect the character of our God so the world will know there is a God in heaven who can transform sinners into saints. "Men marvelled" as they beheld the character of His disciples.  Who can argue with the truth that God has transformed fallen man! "The spirit that is kept gentle under provocation will speak more effectively in favor of the truth than will any argument, however forcible."

The disciples' message was the same as that of John the Baptist and of Christ Himself: "The kingdom of heaven is at hand." They were to enter into no controversy with the people as to whether Jesus of Nazareth was the Messiah; but in His name they were to do the same works of mercy as He had done. He bade them, "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give."
     During His ministry Jesus devoted more time to healing the sick than to preaching. His miracles testified to the truth of His words, that He came not to destroy but to save. His righteousness went before Him, and the glory of the Lord was His rearward. Wherever He went, the tidings of His mercy preceded Him. Where He had passed, the objects of His compassion were rejoicing in health, and making trial of their new-found powers. Crowds were collecting around them to hear from their lips the works that the Lord had wrought. His voice was the first sound that many had ever heard, His name the first word they had ever spoken, His face the first they had ever looked upon. Why should they not love Jesus, and sound His praise? As He passed through the towns and cities He was like a vital current, diffusing life and joy wherever He went.
     The followers of Christ are to labor as He did. We are to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and comfort the suffering and afflicted. We are to minister to the despairing, and inspire hope in the hopeless. And to us also the promise will be fulfilled, "Thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rearward." Isaiah 58:8. The love of Christ, manifested in unselfish ministry, will be more effective in reforming the evildoer than will the sword or the court of justice. These are necessary to strike terror to the lawbreaker, but the loving missionary can do more than this. Often the heart will harden under reproof; but it will melt under the love of Christ. The missionary cannot only relieve physical maladies, but he can lead the sinner to the Great Physician, who can cleanse the soul from the leprosy of sin. Through His servants, God designs that the sick, the unfortunate, those possessed of evil spirits, shall hear His voice. Through His human agencies He desires to be a Comforter such as the world knows not. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2021, 06:32:17 AM »
"In the training of the disciples the example of the Saviour's life was far more effective than any mere doctrinal instruction. When they were separated from Him, every look and tone and word came back to them. Often when in conflict with the enemies of the gospel, they repeated His words, and as they saw their effect upon the people, they rejoiced greatly."

"A daily, earnest striving to know God, and Jesus Christ whom He has sent, would bring power and efficiency to the soul. The knowledge obtained by diligent searching of the Scriptures would be flashed into the memory at the right time. But if any had neglected to acquaint themselves with the words of Christ, if they had never tested the power of His grace in trial, they could not expect that the Holy Spirit would bring His words to their remembrance.

They were to serve God daily with undivided affection, and then trust Him."

May the words of this song reflect our desire and commitment to Jesus everyday.

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Dorine

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2021, 06:55:46 AM »
"He who would confess Christ must have Christ abiding in him. He cannot communicate that which he has not received. The disciples might speak fluently on doctrines, they might repeat the words of Christ Himself; but unless they possessed Christlike meekness and love, they were not confessing Him. A spirit contrary to the spirit of Christ would deny Him, whatever the profession. Men may deny Christ by evilspeaking, by foolish talking, by words that are untruthful or unkind. They may deny Him by shunning life's burdens, by the pursuit of sinful pleasure. They may deny Him by conforming to the world, by uncourteous behavior, by the love of their own opinions, by justifying self, by cherishing doubt, borrowing trouble, and dwelling in darkness. In all these ways they declare that Christ is not in them. And "whosoever shall deny Me before men," He says, "him will I also deny before My Father which is in heaven."

If we are doers of His word the world will see in us something they so desperately need. My heart thrills to know this gracious, compassionate God.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2021, 07:09:44 AM »
Amen, Brother Philip, Brother Richard, Brother Beacon, and Sister Dorine!!

What a joy it is to have a strong relationship with God based on His word! Each day offers us new opportunities for victory! Let us look to Jesus and look away from self. As we yield all we have and are to Him who gave all for us, He renews our hearts and minds by writing His law of love in our very character, which spontaneously brings forth the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! This is what it means to have a character refined like fine gold, to become like Christ in mind and character and go forth to be a blessing to world that needs to see there is an eternal way to live--the way of selfless love!

"A daily, earnest striving to know God, and Jesus Christ whom He has sent, would bring power and efficiency to the soul. The knowledge obtained by diligent searching of the Scriptures would be flashed into the memory at the right time. But if any had neglected to acquaint themselves with the words of Christ, if they had never tested the power of His grace in trial, they could not expect that the Holy Spirit would bring His words to their remembrance. They were to serve God daily with undivided affection, and then trust Him." {The Desire of Ages, page 355, paragraph 2} 

We can trust that God will do what is best in our lives--not based on our own understanding, but based on His word! May you find in Christ the anchor of strength in every temptation, and the only way of escape from yielding to our fallen nature as on a moment-by-moment basis we look to Jesus and live by faith on the Son of God!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2021, 06:58:29 AM »
"Jesus wept over Jerusalem, the city He loved, that refused to receive Him, the Way, the Truth, and the Life."

"They rejected Him, the Saviour, but He regarded them with pitying tenderness, and sorrow so deep that it broke His heart. Every soul was precious in His eyes. While He always bore Himself with divine dignity, He bowed with tenderest regard to every member of the family of God.

"In all men He saw fallen souls whom it was His mission to save."

From the Song " I would be like Jesus"  Verse 2 say......"He has broken every fetter - I would be like Jesus - That my soul may serve Him better - I would be like Jesus..Chorus " Be like Jesus this my song - In the Home and in the Throng - Be like Jesus all day long - I would be like Jesus."

May this be our prayer today and every day so that others may through His Grace and the Power of the Holy Spirit be drawn to our Best Friend and Savior.

The One who gave His life for us so that we may spend eternity with Him.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2021, 07:40:39 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

He was ablaze with the Father's love, zealous in doing the will of God for His glory, and ever seeking to redeem fallen humanity by a tie of love that could never be broken. Jesus offers us His grace to atone for our past sins by the merits of His blood, the impartation of the Holy Spirit that His life may be lived out in us, and will give us supernatural power to do His will--continually! May we all choose to yield fully to such infinite love and become like Him in mind and character!

"A daily, earnest striving to know God, and Jesus Christ whom He has sent, would bring power and efficiency to the soul. The knowledge obtained by diligent searching of the Scriptures would be flashed into the memory at the right time. But if any had neglected to acquaint themselves with the words of Christ, if they had never tested the power of His grace in trial, they could not expect that the Holy Spirit would bring His words to their remembrance. They were to serve God daily with undivided affection, and then trust Him." {The Desire of Ages, page 355, paragraph 2}   

Let us fill our hearts and minds with the words of Christ so the Holy Spirit may bring them to our remembrance--just when we need them most!

Philip T

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2021, 07:42:08 AM »
Amen Brother Bacon, to be like Jesus should be our prayer it is only through him that we can reflects His love to those around us.

The servants of Christ were to prepare no set speech to present when brought to trial. Their preparation was to be made day by day in treasuring up the precious truths of God's word, and through prayer strengthening their faith. When they were brought into trial, the Holy Spirit would bring to their remembrance the very truths that would be needed.
     A daily, earnest striving to know God, and Jesus Christ whom He has sent, would bring power and efficiency to the soul. The knowledge obtained by diligent searching of the Scriptures would be flashed into the memory at the right time. But if any had neglected to acquaint themselves with the words of Christ, if they had never tested the power of His grace in trial, they could not expect that the Holy Spirit would bring His words to their remembrance. They were to serve God daily with undivided affection, and then trust Him.   

We are not to worry about what we will say when brought under trial and persecution, we are to be fulfilling God's plan for us daily, daily spending time in the Bible, in prayer, putting God's truths into our minds, so in those times of trial and tribulation the word of God is planted in our hearts and minds that the Holy Spirit can bring it to the front of our thoughts, that we will be able to testify what we need to do to win the hearts of those before us through Jesus. We are to be preparing now, daily for the time of tribulation by implanting the Word of God in our minds, working to win souls to Christ. This how we prepare for the time of trouble.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2021, 08:17:23 AM »
Amen dear brothers!  What we see is that God wants to give us His character that we might be His witnesses to a world soon to perish. There are many who can become disciples and also will reflect His character not only to those in this world, but to the onlookers from the universe. Day by day we are learning more and more of His ways and character. We are becoming more and more united in our understanding of doctrine and united in His Spirit.

The servants of Christ are not to act out the dictates of the natural heart. They need to have close communion with God, lest, under provocation, self rise up, and they pour forth a torrent of words that are unbefitting, that are not as dew or the still showers that refresh the withering plants. This is what Satan wants them to do; for these are his methods. It is the dragon that is wroth; it is the spirit of Satan that is revealed in anger and accusing. But God's servants are to be representatives of Him. He desires them to deal only in the currency of heaven, the truth that bears His own image and superscription. The power by which they are to overcome evil is the power of Christ. The glory of Christ is their strength. They are to fix their eyes upon His loveliness. Then they can present the gospel with divine tact and gentleness. And the spirit that is kept gentle under provocation will speak more effectively in favor of the truth than will any argument, however forcible. 

Some get tired of hearing of His love and His gospel, but we love to hear it over and over. He is so very good and His ways are indeed what we seek. Have a blessed day my friends. And, for those of you who continue to read, pray about sharing what Jesus is revealing to you as you behold Jesus daily. You will be blessed as we are daily. We have disabled automatic registration due to spammers and hackers. For registration, send a message to administrator@remnant-online.com

And, there are many forums that are private that you will be able to access after registration. Registration through email is more secure than through our website software. We seek to protect your private information.

Beacon

« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2021, 08:08:42 PM »
"God's servants are to be representatives of Him. He desires them to deal only in the currency of heaven, the truth that bears His own image and superscription. The power by which they are to overcome evil is the power of Christ. The glory of Christ is their strength. They are to fix their eyes upon His loveliness."

"Then"--- they can present the gospel with divine tact and gentleness."
"Gods Word says -- "Great Peace have they that love thy law and nothing can offend them." Ps. 119:165

Let us Study, Pray and Share with all humility the Wonderful Story of Salvation and bring Honor, Glory and Praise to Jesus.
---------------------------------------------
Earthly pleasures vainly call me,
  I would be like Jesus;
Nothing worldly shall enthrall me,
  I would be like Jesus.

Be like Jesus, this my song,
  In the home and in the throng;
Be like Jesus, all day long!
    I would be like Jesus.
He has broken every fetter,
  I would be like Jesus;
That my soul may serve Him better,
  I would be like Jesus.
All the way from earth to glory,
  I would be like Jesus;
Telling o’er and o’er the story,
  I would be like Jesus.

Lyrics:James Rowe (1866-1933)
Music:Bentley DeForest Ackley (1872-1958)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2021, 07:12:23 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

We are invited to look to Jesus and to become like Him. The simplicity of the gospel encourages us to believe in God's grace--the power to transform a sinner into a saint--and by a living faith surrender invite Jesus to abide in the heart that He recreates in His purity so all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be manifest in our lives. Then we can gladly and affectionately obey God's law of love!

"Jesus continues: As you confess Me before men, so I will confess you before God and the holy angels. You are to be My witnesses upon earth, channels through which My grace can flow for the healing of the world. So I will be your representative in heaven. The Father beholds not your faulty character, but He sees you as clothed in My perfection. I am the medium through which Heaven's blessings shall come to you. And everyone who confesses Me by sharing My sacrifice for the lost shall be confessed as a sharer in the glory and joy of the redeemed." {The Desire of Ages, page 357, paragraph 1}

Let us look to Jesus as the Author and Finisher of our faith and walk with Him in humble obedience to His will and plan for us.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2021, 09:41:37 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean!!  By beholding His loveliness we shall be transformed!!  Amen Brother Beacon! We would be like Jesus if we keep our eyes fixed upon Him who gave all that we might live!!

During His ministry Jesus devoted more time to healing the sick than to preaching. His miracles testified to the truth of His words, that He came not to destroy but to save. His righteousness went before Him, and the glory of the Lord was His rearward. Wherever He went, the tidings of His mercy preceded Him. Where He had passed, the objects of His compassion were rejoicing in health, and making trial of their new-found powers. Crowds were collecting around them to hear from their lips the works that the Lord had wrought. His voice was the first sound that many had ever heard, His name the first word they had ever spoken, His face the first they had ever looked upon. Why should they not love Jesus, and sound His praise? As He passed through the towns and cities He was like a vital current, diffusing life and joy wherever He went.
     The followers of Christ are to labor as He did. We are to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and comfort the suffering and afflicted. We are to minister to the despairing, and inspire hope in the hopeless. And to us also the promise will be fulfilled, "Thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rearward." Isaiah 58:8. The love of Christ, manifested in unselfish ministry, will be more effective in reforming the evildoer than will the sword or the court of justice. These are necessary to strike terror to the lawbreaker, but the loving missionary can do more than this. Often the heart will harden under reproof; but it will melt under the love of Christ. The missionary cannot only relieve physical maladies, but he can lead the sinner to the Great Physician, who can cleanse the soul from the leprosy of sin. Through His servants, God designs that the sick, the unfortunate, those possessed of evil spirits, shall hear His voice. Through His human agencies He desires to be a Comforter such as the world knows not. 

We are to labor as did Jesus. We have been entrusted with a wonderful health message that works! Let us devote more time to healing than to preaching as did Jesus and we shall be a blessing to humanity!

Dorine

« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2021, 04:22:41 AM »
"Not even a sparrow falls to the ground without the Father's notice. Satan's hatred against God leads him to hate every object of the Saviour's care. He seeks to mar the handiwork of God, and he delights in destroying  even the dumb creatures. It is only through God's protecting care that the birds are preserved to gladden us with their songs of joy. But He does not forget even the sparrows. "Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows."

What a beautiful picture of the tender love and care for all God's creation. If He loves and cares so for the little sparrow that falls how much more does he love and care for each of us. Many souls feel unworthy and unaccepted. We have been given the highest honor in spreading the glorious news of how Jesus looks upon them and yearns for their heart. They need to know that God paid a very high price for their redemption and will make them worthy of a life in eternity. All He asks for is their heart and to follow Him.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2021, 05:22:29 AM »

Happy Sabbath! Let us allow Jesus to speak through us in true conversion as we surrender the entire heart to Christ so He can imbue us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Gladly we can then obey God's law of love because we are in union and communion with Jesus!

"The servants of Christ are not to act out the dictates of the natural heart. They need to have close communion with God, lest, under provocation, self rise up, and they pour forth a torrent of words that are unbefitting, that are not as dew or the still showers that refresh the withering plants. This is what Satan wants them to do; for these are his methods. It is the dragon that is wroth; it is the spirit of Satan that is revealed in anger and accusing. But God's servants are to be representatives of Him. He desires them to deal only in the currency of heaven, the truth that bears His own image and superscription. The power by which they are to overcome evil is the power of Christ. The glory of Christ is their strength. They are to fix their eyes upon His loveliness. Then they can present the gospel with divine tact and gentleness. And the spirit that is kept gentle under provocation will speak more effectively in favor of the truth than will any argument, however forcible." {The Desire of Ages, page 353, paragraph 2}

God is love, and He invites us to reveal the love of Christ constantly! May you walk by grace through faith constantly!

Dorine

« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2021, 05:46:32 AM »
"A daily, earnest striving to know God, and Jesus Christ whom He has sent, would bring power and efficiency to the soul. The knowledge obtained by diligent searching of the Scriptures would be flashed into the memory at the right time. But if any had neglected to acquaint themselves with the words of Christ, if they had never tested the power of His grace in trial, they could not expect that the Holy Spirit would bring His words to their remembrance. They were to serve God daily with undivided affection, and then trust Him."

I've been deeply impressed with the counsel of this chapter for quite some time. I feel an urgency to spend much more time in prayer, bible study and memorization of scripture. When we have prepared for a storm we are not taken by surprise when it arrives and the Holy Spirit will guide and provide for us when called upon to stand for truth. That gives such comfort and assurance as we fulfill the requirements of Jesus to be comforters to the hurting and be ready to speak a word for Him.

Beacon

« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2021, 07:26:57 AM »
"God's servants are to be representatives of Him. He desires them to deal only in the currency of heaven, the truth that bears His own image and superscription."

"The power by which they are to overcome evil is the power of Christ. The glory of Christ is their strength."

"They are to fix their eyes upon His loveliness. "Then", they can present the gospel with divine tact and gentleness and the spirit that is kept gentle under provocation will speak more effectively in favor of the truth than will any argument, however forcible."

I want my life to reflect Jesus more and more! How about you?  Will you join me in singing or repeating the words of this inspiring song?

Earthly pleasures vainly call me,
  I would be like Jesus;
Nothing worldly shall enthrall me,
  I would be like Jesus.
    Be like Jesus, this my song,
  In the home and in the throng;
Be like Jesus, all day long!
    I would be like Jesus.
He has broken every fetter,
  I would be like Jesus;
That my soul may serve Him better,
  I would be like Jesus.
All the way from earth to glory,
  I would be like Jesus;
Telling o’er and o’er the story,
  I would be like Jesus.

===================
Lyrics:James Rowe (1866-1933)
Music:Bentley DeForest Ackley (1872-1958)

HAPPY SABBATH TO ALL OF GOD'S FAMILY ON EARTH AND THROUGH OUT HIS ENTIRE DOMAIN.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2021, 08:31:11 AM »
Amen dear friends! What beautiful truths you have shared today!  So many lessons to choose from!  :) There are two that I want to share.

Jesus Himself never purchased peace by compromise. His heart overflowed with love for the whole human race, but He was never indulgent to their sins. He was too much their friend to remain silent while they were pursuing a course that would ruin their souls,--the souls He had purchased with His own blood. He labored that man should be true to himself, true to his higher and eternal interest. The servants of Christ are called to the same work, and they should beware lest, in seeking to prevent discord, they surrender the truth. They are to "follow after the things which make for peace" (Romans 14:19); but real peace can never be secured by compromising principle. And no man can be true to principle without exciting opposition. A Christianity that is spiritual will be opposed by the children of disobedience. But Jesus bade His disciples, "Fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul." Those who are true to God need not fear the power of men nor the enmity of Satan. In Christ their eternal life is secure. Their only fear should be lest they surrender the truth, and thus betray the trust with which God has honored them.....

The Saviour bade His disciples not to hope that the world's enmity to the gospel would be overcome, and that after a time its opposition would cease. He said, "I came not to send peace, but a sword." This creating of strife is not the effect of the gospel, but the result of opposition to it. Of all persecution the hardest to bear is variance in the home, the estrangement of dearest earthly friends. But Jesus declares, "He that loveth father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after Me, is not worthy of Me." 

We ought not expect that the world will cease to persecute those who are truly converted. No, Satan will not give up  no matter what. He controls much of the world and they will do his works to counter our work. But, greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world!

May God bless our labors for others on this beautiful Sabbath Day!