Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--31--The Sermon on the Mount  (Read 17056 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--31--The Sermon on the Mount
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2019, 07:28:24 AM »
"God pours His blessings upon all. “He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.” He is “kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.” Luke 6:35. He bids us to be like Him. “Bless them that curse you,” said Jesus; “do good to them that hate you, ... that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven.” These are the principles of the law, and they are the wellsprings of life." {DA 311.1}

Such a beautiful chapter to linger in. The principles of Christ are so plainly set forth for all to understand and be uplifted by. To me it is such a relief to know that I am not responsible for producing the fruits of the Spirit in my life for I would be lost. Connecting to our brother, our Saviour, our friend Jesus brings victory and peace to our lives as we in turn live the life of Jesus to bring hope to the lost. As our love for Jesus grows so will our love for each other and those that are in despair, including those who hate us and speak evil of us.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2019, 07:49:30 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

When Jesus is in us, we have peace and rest in the soul! True peace from Christ always is accompanied by all of the other fruits of the Spirit so not one is missing, and so if we are rooted deeply in His self-sacrificing love, receiving the sunshine of His grace, breathing in the atmosphere of constant prayer, and receiving the dew and rain of His living word, as in the natural, so in the spiritual: there will be fruit! And Jesus desires not only to produce good fruit in us, but MUCH FRUIT! "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing" (John 15:5). May it be our experience today to stay connected, abiding in Christ so He can work in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure. The more we let Jesus do in and through us, the more joy all receive! Since God is a giver, it follows that the greatest gift we can "give" Him is to be available to what He wants to do in us, what He wants to give to us, so in turn more blessings can flow through us to win more souls!!

"The good tree will produce good fruit. If the fruit is unpalatable and worthless, the tree is evil. So the fruit borne in the life testifies as to the condition of the heart and the excellence of the character. Good works can never purchase salvation, but they are an evidence of the faith that acts by love and purifies the soul. And though the eternal reward is not bestowed because of our merit, yet it will be in proportion to the work that has been done through the grace of Christ." {The Desire of Ages, page 314, paragraph 2}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2019, 08:57:43 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. There is a difference between those who love Jesus supremely and those who do not. Love, joy, and peace are ours if we will come to Jesus just as we are. Grace transforms the life. And, trials that God allows to come to us after conversion are for our good.

The world loves sin, and hates righteousness, and this was the cause of its hostility to Jesus. All who refuse His infinite love will find Christianity a disturbing element. The light of Christ sweeps away the darkness that covers their sins, and the need of reform is made manifest. While those who yield to the influence of the Holy Spirit begin war with themselves, those who cling to sin war against the truth and its representatives.

Thus strife is created, and Christ’s followers are accused as troublers of the people. But it is fellowship with God that brings them the world’s enmity. They are bearing the reproach of Christ. They are treading the path that has been trodden by the noblest of the earth. Not with sorrow, but with rejoicing, should they meet persecution. Each fiery trial is God’s agent for their refining. Each is fitting them for their work as colaborers with Him. Each conflict has its place in the great battle for righteousness, and each will add to the joy of their final triumph. Having this in view, the test of their faith and patience will be cheerfully accepted rather than dreaded and avoided. Anxious to fulfill their obligation to the world, fixing their desire upon the approval of God, His servants are to fulfill every duty, irrespective of the fear or the favor of men.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2019, 06:48:01 PM »
Since “the law of the Lord is perfect,” every variation from it must be evil. Those who disobey the commandments of God, and teach others to do so, are condemned by Christ. The Saviour’s life of obedience maintained the claims of the law; it proved that the law could be kept in humanity, and showed the excellence of character that obedience would develop. All who obey as He did are likewise declaring that the law is “holy, and just, and good.” Romans 7:12.

On the other hand, all who break God’s commandments are sustaining Satan’s claim that the law is unjust, and cannot be obeyed. Thus they second the deceptions of the great adversary, and cast dishonor upon God. They are the children of the wicked one, who was the first rebel against God’s law. To admit them into heaven would again bring in the elements of discord and rebellion, and imperil the well-being of the universe. No man who willfully disregards one principle of the law shall enter the kingdom of heaven.

The Lord can do nothing toward the recovery of man until, convinced of his own weakness, and stripped of all self-sufficiency, he yields himself to the control of God. Then he can receive the gift that God is waiting to bestow. From the soul that feels his need, nothing is withheld. He has unrestricted access to Him in whom all fullness dwells. “For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.” Isaiah 57:15. {DA 300.1}

As we bow in humility before our merciful Saviour may our prayer be the same as King David who said.....in Psalm 51 "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. ...Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2019, 04:59:05 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Jesus loves to have us come to Him just as we are, so that in beholding the loveliness of His character we may be transformed, ennobled, and enabled to do the deeds of love that His Spirit prompts us to do!

We may rest in the arms of Jesus who has wonderful plans for us each day--humble though our lot may be, we may find moral courage to do what pleases the Lord because through His converting grace, our highest delight will be to do His will!

"All who have chosen God’s service are to rest in His care. Christ pointed to the birds flying in the heavens, to the flowers of the field, and bade His hearers consider these objects of God’s creation. 'Are not ye of much more value than they?' He said. Matthew 6:26, R. V. The measure of divine attention bestowed on any object is proportionate to its rank in the scale of being. The little brown sparrow is watched over by Providence. The flowers of the field, the grass that carpets the earth, share the notice and care of our heavenly Father. The great Master Artist has taken thought for the lilies, making them so beautiful that they outshine the glory of Solomon. How much more does He care for man, who is the image and glory of God. He longs to see His children reveal a character after His similitude. As the sunbeam imparts to the flowers their varied and delicate tints, so does God impart to the soul the beauty of His own character." {The Desire of Ages, page 313, paragraph 2}

The birds sing praises to the Lord, and so may we! As we go about the daily opportunities to do His will, may we have a song in our heart knowing that Jesus loves us, shed His blood to atone for our sins, and gives us His grace which enables us to be like Him, so we may experience His Spirit working in us such that all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2019, 08:56:52 AM »
Amen!!  And what is that character?  The law of God is a transcript  of His character. And yes, He does impart His character to all who are fully surrendered to Him. In other words there is no excuse for sinning. When we become partakers of His divine nature the Holy Spirit indwells the heart and brings with Him every one of the fruits of the Spirit, not one is missing. The heart is purified and our motives are pure and holy when we love Jesus supremely.

God’s ideal for His children is higher than the highest human thought can reach. “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” This command is a promise. The plan of redemption contemplates our complete recovery from the power of Satan. Christ always separates the contrite soul from sin. He came to destroy the works of the devil, and He has made provision that the Holy Spirit shall be imparted to every repentant soul, to keep him from sinning.

The tempter’s agency is not to be accounted an excuse for one wrong act. Satan is jubilant when he hears the professed followers of Christ making excuses for their deformity of character. It is these excuses that lead to sin. There is no excuse for sinning. A holy temper, a Christlike life, is accessible to every repenting, believing child of God.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2019, 05:17:22 PM »
"Since “the law of the Lord is perfect,” every variation from it must be evil. Those who disobey the commandments of God, and teach others to do so, are condemned by Christ. The Saviour’s life of obedience maintained the claims of the law; it proved that the law could be kept in humanity, and showed the excellence of character that obedience would develop. All who obey as He did are likewise declaring that the law is “holy, and just, and good.” Romans 7:12. On the other hand, all who break God’s commandments are sustaining Satan’s claim that the law is unjust, and cannot be obeyed. Thus they second the deceptions of the great adversary, and cast dishonor upon God. They are the children of the wicked one, who was the first rebel against God’s law. To admit them into heaven would again bring in the elements of discord and rebellion, and imperil the well-being of the universe. No man who willfully disregards one principle of the law shall enter the kingdom of heaven."

"David said in Psalm 119:11 "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." Joshua said in Chapter 24:15 "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

"Jesus said, In Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

God has given us "Free Will " He only invites! He does not harass but rather begs us to choose HIM. To choose Love, Mercy, Grace, Forgiveness. To Choose Jesus who gave His Life so that we can experience all the joys that Eternal Realities have in store for those who will trust and obey Him while living here on earth. I pray that we all will be willing to choose Jesus and will be among the crowd that is able to look up and say Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.  Isaiah 25:9

Dorine

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2019, 05:56:36 AM »
The greatest deception of the human mind in Christ’s day was that a mere assent to the truth constitutes righteousness. In all human experience a theoretical knowledge of the truth has been proved to be insufficient for the saving of the soul. It does not bring forth the fruits of righteousness. A jealous regard for what is termed theological truth often accompanies a hatred of genuine truth as made manifest in life. The darkest chapters of history are burdened with the record of crimes committed by bigoted religionists. The Pharisees claimed to be children of Abraham, and boasted of their possession of the oracles of God; yet these advantages did not preserve them from selfishness, malignity, greed for gain, and the basest hypocrisy. They thought themselves the greatest religionists of the world, but their so-called orthodoxy led them to crucify the Lord of glory. {DA 309.2}

The same danger still exists. Many take it for granted that they are Christians, simply because they subscribe to certain theological tenets. But they have not brought the truth into practical life. They have not believed and loved it, therefore they have not received the power and grace that come through sanctification of the truth. Men may profess faith in the truth; but if it does not make them sincere, kind, patient, forbearing, heavenly-minded, it is a curse to its possessors, and through their influence, it is a curse to the world.

Wow! How can that be? How can people that profess to love God actually hate Him? The Holy Spirit is teaching us day by day what it means to be a child of God. It is so plain it hurts sometimes but praise God. It needs to hurt or we would think like Nicodemus that we are on a spiritual level that needs no change. As I read this beautiful chapter this morning I am reminded again of the sacrifice of Jesus and how His heart yearns for all to come to the foot of the cross where our hearts will be broken when we realize the risk He took for you and me. We don't deserve anything from Him yet He gives all as a free gift if we but accept His invitation to come. Than He is able to mold us into His image. Imagine having a character like Christ! That is His promise to us when we surrender all to Him. He fills my heart with joy as I contemplate His love. I never want to take it for granted.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2019, 06:21:48 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

May we never lose sight of our dependence upon God, who supplies all of our needs and desires us to trust Him implicitly!

"All who have chosen God’s service are to rest in His care. Christ pointed to the birds flying in the heavens, to the flowers of the field, and bade His hearers consider these objects of God’s creation. 'Are not ye of much more value than they?' He said. Matthew 6:26, R. V. The measure of divine attention bestowed on any object is proportionate to its rank in the scale of being. The little brown sparrow is watched over by Providence. The flowers of the field, the grass that carpets the earth, share the notice and care of our heavenly Father. The great Master Artist has taken thought for the lilies, making them so beautiful that they outshine the glory of Solomon. How much more does He care for man, who is the image and glory of God. He longs to see His children reveal a character after His similitude. As the sunbeam imparts to the flowers their varied and delicate tints, so does God impart to the soul the beauty of His own character." {The Desire of Ages, page 313, paragraph 2}

As we behold Christ, He imputes and imparts to us His righteousness. By faith in our Savior we may find strength and grace to resist every temptation, however strong. Only abiding in Him in continual surrender of the whole heart will all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing be manifest. When Christ lives in us, He keeps us growing to see how much more there is for us of Himself, for Christ Himself is the great reward! We receive Him as we are changed into His image, for as He is our reward, we are His reward as He sees in us the reflection of Himself!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2019, 07:07:26 AM »
What a blessing to read what you all are seeing in Christ. It is so very painful to live in a church similar to what Jesus faced when He came to His own and His own knew Him not. What we see is so very foreign to so many in the church. How is it that we can work within the church when the truth is being openly rejected? We do it just as did Jesus. We need the Spirit's help. We need to be filled with the Spirit. When we look upon Him who sin has pierced, we sorrow over our part in His suffering. We know the power of grace is going to prepare a people who keep the commandments of God......very soon!

We look at the experience of Paul and know that there are some like him who today are rejecting the truth, but tomorrow will be teaching it. It is our privilege to help the Sauls in our church today see the loveliness of Jesus. We can and will rise above the trials that come from teaching the truth. The indwelling of Christ will give us each of the fruits of His Spirit. We will be greatly blessed as we hunger and thirst after righteousness. The Holy Spirit will assist us as we keep our eyes upon Christ. We long for purity of heart. We know who we are apart from Christ and sorrow over our failures to cling to Christ. But, we know in whom we believe and know that Christ is by our side to empower us to be His witnesses to a world soon to perish.

The principles of righteousness must be enshrined in our hearts if we want to be His witnesses to the world. When we have an indwelling Savior, we will have peace that passes all understanding. The world will see that there is a difference between those who love Jesus supremely and those who do not.

By the life we live through the grace of Christ the character is formed. The original loveliness begins to be restored to the soul. The attributes of the character of Christ are imparted, and the image of the Divine begins to shine forth. The faces of men and women who walk and work with God express the peace of heaven. They are surrounded with the atmosphere of heaven. For these souls the kingdom of God has begun. They have Christ’s joy, the joy of being a blessing to humanity. They have the honor of being accepted for the Master’s use; they are trusted to do His work in His name.

Amen!

Beacon

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2019, 11:36:26 AM »
It was brought to my attention that my previous post of today had an incomplete ending.....It should have said as stated in

Isaiah 25:9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Beacon

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2019, 05:44:07 PM »
"Many take it for granted that they are Christians, simply because they subscribe to certain theological tenets. But they have not brought the truth into practical life. They have not believed and loved it, therefore they have not received the power and grace that come through sanctification of the truth. Men may profess faith in the truth; but if it does not make them sincere, kind, patient, forbearing, heavenly-minded, it is a curse to its possessors, and through their influence, it is a curse to the world."

"The Saviour’s life of obedience maintained the claims of the law; it proved that the law could be kept in humanity, and showed the excellence of character that obedience would develop. All who obey as He did are likewise declaring that the law is “holy, and just, and good.” Romans 7:12. The Lord can do nothing toward the recovery of man until, convinced of his own weakness, and stripped of all self-sufficiency, he yields himself to the control of God. Then he can receive the gift that God is waiting to bestow. From the soul that feels his need, nothing is withheld. He has unrestricted access to Him in whom all fullness dwells."."

The Word of Gods says in Matthew 6:24 (AMP) “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon [money, possessions, fame, status, or whatever is valued more than the Lord].  I want to choose Jesus - How about You??

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2019, 05:54:13 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! I choose Jesus this day as my abiding Savior to help me in all of my trials!

I am so thankful that God teaches us day by day. He has lessons for us to learn in times of trial so that we are prepared for greater trials in the future. Jesus knows what each of us need, and each day we need to behold a fresh revelation of His character, learning to surrender the whole heart to Him so He may abide in our hearts by faith!

"'Be not therefore anxious for the morrow.' Matthew 6:34, R. V. We are to follow Christ day by day. God does not bestow help for tomorrow. He does not give His children all the directions for their life journey at once, lest they should become confused. He tells them just as much as they can remember and perform. The strength and wisdom imparted are for the present emergency. 'If any of you lack wisdom,'—for today,—'let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.' James 1:5." {The Desire of Ages, page 313, paragraph 4}

God gives us wisdom and teaches us step by step, and day by day. Learning of Christ we may be clothed with His humility and be a blessing to those around us. May we learn of our continual need of Jesus in the life lessons He brings to us. God is faithful!

Dorine

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2019, 06:16:05 AM »
Many take it for granted that they are Christians, simply because they subscribe to certain theological tenets. But they have not brought the truth into practical life. They have not believed and loved it, therefore they have not received the power and grace that come through sanctification of the truth. Men may profess faith in the truth; but if it does not make them sincere, kind, patient, forbearing, heavenly-minded, it is a curse to its possessors, and through their influence it is a curse to the world. {DA 309.3}

Wow. How serious and how sad that any should fall into this ditch of deception. We may fool others by our words and actions but it's what is in the heart that matters to God. This is such a beautiful chapter to bring us into the influence of heaven. As God's grace woos and draws us to Him we have a choice to make. Crucify self and accept the gift of grace Christ offers or feed the pride that keeps us separated from our source of strength and victory. I choose Jesus this day. I want Him to work in me the beautiful fruits of His character.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2019, 07:28:52 PM »
Amen Dear Sister Dorine.  And, why have so many fallen into this deception? We see what happened to Israel and what Jesus said to them. Does it apply to God's chosen ones today?

Christ disappointed the hope of worldly greatness. In the Sermon on the Mount He sought to undo the work that had been wrought by false education, and to give His hearers a right conception of His kingdom and of His own character. Yet He did not make a direct attack on the errors of the people. He saw the misery of the world on account of sin, yet He did not present before them a vivid delineation of their wretchedness. He taught them of something infinitely better than they had known. Without combating their ideas of the kingdom of God, He told them the conditions of entrance therein, leaving them to draw their own conclusions as to its nature. The truths He taught are no less important to us than to the multitude that followed Him. We no less than they need to learn the foundation principles of the kingdom of God.

Why do we need to learn the foundation principles of the kingdom of God?  The "foundation principles" are at the beginning of our faith. And we as a people do not know them? It was true in Ellen White's day, and so it is in our day. Can you imagine Jesus sitting down in one of our churches and having to explain to us the ABCs of Christianity? Why? What is the problem? What caused the problem in Israel? What can we do to escape this horrible situation that will cause so many to be forever lost if they do not learn the lesson?

Beacon

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2020, 12:04:02 PM »
"Each fiery trial is God’s agent for our refining. Each is fitting them for our work as colaborers with Him. Each conflict has its place in the great battle for righteousness, and each will add to the joy of our final triumph. Having this in view, the test of our faith and patience will be cheerfully accepted rather than dreaded and avoided. Anxious to fulfill our obligation to the world, fixing our desire upon the approval of God, His servants are to fulfill every duty, irrespective of the fear or the favor of men."

In essence it boils down to whether or not we are willing to make Jesus First & Last in our lives and to TRUST & OBEY. The Honor & Glory which belongs to our Saviour we must be wiling to exemplify and demonstrate during every moment of every day. He has given us His promise that... "He has been given All Power in Heaven and On Earth" as it says in...

Matthew 28;18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2020, 03:03:46 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

This morning I am happy and impressed with how Jesus ministered not just to the disciples, but also to the multitudes! May we follow His example in giving the gospel a larger influence by extending the message wherever hearts are willing to hear it!!

“Christ seldom gathered His disciples alone to receive His words. He did not choose for His audience those only who knew the way of life. It was His work to reach the multitudes who were in ignorance and error. He gave His lessons of truth where they could reach the darkened understanding. He Himself was the Truth, standing with girded loins and hands ever outstretched to bless, and in words of warning, entreaty, and encouragement, seeking to uplift all who would come unto Him.” {The Desire of Ages, page 298, paragraph 1}

Let us allow Jesus to give us His faith, that revealing all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing, others will be drawn to Him as we exemplify a life of continual obedience by His divine grace!!

Dorine

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2020, 07:51:09 AM »
The service rendered in sincerity of heart has great recompense. “Thy Father which seeth in secret Himself shall reward thee openly.” By the life we live through the grace of Christ the character is formed. The original loveliness begins to be restored to the soul. The attributes of the character of Christ are imparted, and the image of the Divine begins to shine forth. The faces of men and women who walk and work with God express the peace of heaven. They are surrounded with the atmosphere of heaven. For these souls the kingdom of God has begun. They have Christ’s joy, the joy of being a blessing to humanity. They have the honor of being accepted for the Master’s use; they are trusted to do His work in His name. {DA 312.2}

These are promises we accept by faith. We may not 'feel' that we are what we should be but if our lives are surrendered completely to God He will do the work in us with our cooperation as He promises. What we will know is that we have a joy and peace that we are one with Christ. It will be apparent to others that we know Jesus because we are different. We have each fruit of the Spirit; proof of our connection with Jesus. Let's share that blessing today with others in our path.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2020, 10:10:13 AM »
Amen!! The greatest sermon ever preached!

So much light being given to Israel, a Laodicean people who thought they were ok when they were not. How did Jesus lead them to see their need? We can learn from this chapter so very much. The great issue today is the failure to understand what Jesus wants to give us. So many do not believe we can have perfection of character today, not just at the end of probationary time as some teach. Today we can have love, joy, and peace. This comes to all who are truly converted, when they give the whole heart to Christ.

“Blessed are the meek.” The difficulties we have to encounter may be very much lessened by that meekness which hides itself in Christ. If we possess the humility of our Master, we shall rise above the slights, the rebuffs, the annoyances, to which we are daily exposed, and they will cease to cast a gloom over the spirit. The highest evidence of nobility in a Christian is self-control. He who under abuse or cruelty fails to maintain a calm and trustful spirit robs God of His right to reveal in him His own perfection of character. Lowliness of heart is the strength that gives victory to the followers of Christ; it is the token of their connection with the courts above.

Jesus' reward for all He suffered is to see His perfection of character in those who call themselves Christians. When we do not reveal His perfection of character, then we deny our Savior His reward for all He suffered. And, we bring reproach upon His Word, His Father, and His church. God help us to keep us to keep our eyes upon Jesus, that we will not forget His love for us.

Beacon

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2020, 05:28:36 AM »
The highest evidence of nobility in a Christian is self-control. He who under abuse or cruelty fails to maintain a calm and trustful spirit robs God of His right to reveal in him His own perfection of character. Lowliness of heart is the strength that gives victory to the followers of Christ; it is the token of their connection with the courts above.

The one's who are chosen to be "ambassadors" for their country are men and women who truly would represent the standards and values of their homeland thereby bringing honor and respect to the nation they represent. 

"By the life we live through the grace of Christ the character is formed. The original loveliness begins to be restored to the soul. The attributes of the character of Christ are imparted, and the image of the Divine begins to shine forth. The faces of men and women who walk and work with God express the peace of heaven. They are surrounded with the atmosphere of heaven. For these souls the kingdom of God has begun. They have Christ’s joy, the joy of being a blessing to humanity. They have the honor of being accepted for the Master’s use; they are trusted to do His work in His name. "

The Invitation of Jesus to represent Him on earth is open to all as recorded in Matthew 28:18-20 -- "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

What will be our response to such a grand invitation?