Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--30--"He Ordained Twelve"  (Read 14583 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--30--"He Ordained Twelve"
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2022, 06:19:28 AM »
Amen dear sister!!  God has been so very patient with me to learn the lessons! So we ought to be with others. But, there is another important lesson for us in today's reading. There is a warning that is often overlooked.

The disciples had been much disappointed that Jesus had not tried to secure the co-operation of the leaders in Israel. They felt that it was a mistake not to strengthen His cause by securing the support of these influential men. If He had repulsed Judas, they would, in their own minds, have questioned the wisdom of their Master. The after history of Judas would show them the danger of allowing any worldly consideration to have weight in deciding the fitness of men for the work of God. The co-operation of such men as the disciples were anxious to secure would have betrayed the work into the hands of its worst enemies. 

In the great controversy between good and evil, we see the  wisdom of God in allowing Satan to live. In the end it works for the good of the universe. Sin will never ever repeat itself because this Earth is the lesson book of the universe. Judas was one of the lessons. Yes, Jesus loved Judas, and yes He did all He could to convert him. But, that does not change the lesson we are to learn about His choice of workers which did not include Judas. Often we may meet with circumstances where we have to do what Jesus did, but when we have the choice of who to choose, we must not allow worldly considerations to play a part in selecting workers for Christ.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Philip T

« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2022, 08:37:55 AM »
  Judas had the same opportunities as had the other disciples. He listened to the same precious lessons. But the practice of the truth, which Christ required, was at variance with the desires and purposes of Judas, and he would not yield his ideas in order to receive wisdom from Heaven.
    How tenderly the Saviour dealt with him who was to be His betrayer! In His teaching, Jesus dwelt upon principles of benevolence that struck at the very root of covetousness. He presented before Judas the heinous character of greed, and many a time the disciple realized that his character had been portrayed, and his sin pointed out; but he would not confess and forsake his unrighteousness. He was self-sufficient, and instead of resisting temptation, he continued to follow his fraudulent practices. Christ was before him, a living example of what he must become if he reaped the benefit of the divine mediation and ministry; but lesson after lesson fell unheeded on the ears of Judas.

What a powerful lesson for us today is seen here. Jesu love Judas, Judas was given the same chance for growth as were the other disciples; however, he would not surrender his heart to Jesus completely to allow transformation and growth in his life(character). Jesus did not give up but continued to reach out to Judas for the next 3 and a 1/2 years of his ministry. He does the same to us reaches out with love and kindness to draw us to Him, even in our sinful and disobedience. May we say here I am God, take me and surrender and allow Him to lead us in the way He wants us to go.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2022, 09:00:27 AM »
God is merciful and knows how to make us like Him in mind and character! All of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing as long as we are fully surrendered to Christ, and He empowers us to obey Him fully as we grow in character to be more like Christ!

"Jesus reproved His disciples, He warned and cautioned them; but John and his brethren did not leave Him; they chose Jesus, notwithstanding the reproofs. The Saviour did not withdraw from them because of their weakness and errors. They continued to the end to share His trials and to learn the lessons of His life. By beholding Christ, they became transformed in character." {The Desire of Ages, page 296, paragraph 1} 

As the Holy Spirit leads us, we experience transformation and restoration into His image! God's grace is sufficient for us to do His will continually!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2023, 08:04:21 PM »
"As His representatives among men, Christ does not choose angels who have never fallen, but human beings, men of like passions with those they seek to save."

"Christ took upon Himself humanity, that He might reach humanity. Divinity needed humanity; for it required both the divine and the human to bring salvation to the world."

"Divinity needed humanity, that humanity might afford a channel of communication between God and man."

"So with the servants and messengers of Christ."

"Man needs a power outside of and beyond himself, to restore him to the likeness of God, and enable him to do the work of God; but this does not make the human agency unessential."

"Humanity lays hold upon divine power, Christ dwells in the heart by faith; and through co-operation with the divine, the power of man becomes efficient for good."

"Jesus reproved His disciples, He warned and cautioned them; but John and his brethren did not leave Him."

"They chose Jesus, notwithstanding the reproofs."

"The Saviour did not withdraw from them because of their weakness and errors. They continued to the end to share His trials and to learn the lessons of His life."

"By beholding Christ, they became transformed in character."

Are "WE" taking the necessary time to "Behold Jesus.??

=======================
Face to face with Christ, my Savior,
Face to face—what will it be,
When with rapture I behold Him,
Jesus Christ who died for me?
  Face to face I shall behold Him,
Far beyond the starry sky;
Face to face in all His glory,
  I shall see Him by and by!
Only faintly now, I see Him,
With the darkling veil between,
But a blessed day is coming,
When His glory shall be seen.
What rejoicing in His presence,
When are banished grief and pain;
When the crooked ways are straightened,
And the dark things shall be plain.
Face to face! O blissful moment!
Face to face—to see and know;
Face to face with my Redeemer,
Jesus Christ who loves me so.

Lyrics:Mrs. Frank A. Breck (1855-1934)
Music:Grant Colfax Tullar (1869-1950)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2023, 05:25:16 AM »
  "He who called the fisherman of Galilee is still calling men to His service. And He is just as willing to manifest His power through us as through the first disciples. However imperfect and sinful we may be, the Lord holds out to us the offer of partnership with Himself, of apprenticeship to Christ. He invites us to come under the divine instruction, that, uniting with Christ, we may work the works of God."

If any are weak in the faith or have doubts in their mind about God's love for them then prayerfully read this chapter over and over until the Holy Spirit shines in your heart with a love for God that can not be stolen by the enemy. God has a work for each of us and promises to give us the power and ability to accomplish things that in our power would be impossible. Not for our glory but for the glory of God and the saving of many lost souls.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2023, 09:42:56 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

How would you like to be as close to Jesus as possible? He loves all of us, but if our hearts are tender and open to what He wants to share with us, we can have a very deep, spiritual union and communion with Christ that is like what John experienced!

"The Saviour loved them all, but John's was the most receptive spirit. He was younger than the others, and with more of the child's confiding trust he opened his heart to Jesus. Thus he came more into sympathy with Christ, and through him the Saviour's deepest spiritual teaching was communicated to His people." {The Desire of Ages, page 292, paragraph 1}

As we point others to how to have that ever-deepening union and communion with Christ, others are drawn to Christ because they can see that the gospel of the grace of God does make us partakers of the divine nature, filling us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as long as we are fully surrendered and growing in His will through true obedience to all the Lord has taught us!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2023, 06:34:00 AM »
Amen my dear brothers and sister! Christ loves and has chosen us to represent Himself. As impossible as that seems to us, He has promised this to all who love Him with all of the heart. Over and over the power of the gospel of grace is revealed as the power that transforms sinners into saints. It is left to us to love God, and then it is His power with our effort that enables repentant sinners to reveal all of the fruits of the Spirit.

God takes men as they are, with the human elements in their character, and trains them for His service, if they will be disciplined and learn of Him. They are not chosen because they are perfect, but notwithstanding their imperfections, that through the knowledge and practice of the truth, through the grace of Christ, they may become transformed into His image.   

What does the Bible have to say about this? "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Cor. 3:18. The greatest of all miracles!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2023, 10:51:11 AM »
"What a powerful lesson for us today is seen here."

"Jesus loved Judas."

"Judas was given the same chance for growth as were the other disciples; however, he would not surrender his heart to Jesus completely to allow transformation and growth in his life."

"Jesus did not give up but continued to reach out to Judas for the next 3 and a 1/2 years of his ministry."

He does the same to us by reaching out with love and kindness to draw us to Him, even in our sinful disobedience. Are "WE" willing to say, Here I am God, take me and surrender? Thereby allowing Him to lead us in the way He wants us to go.

==============================
It may not be on the mountain’s height,
Or over the stormy sea;
It may not be at the battle’s front,
My Lord will have need of me;
But if by a still, small voice He calls,
To paths that I do not know,
I’ll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in Thine,
I’ll go where You want me to go.
    I’ll go where You want me to go, dear Lord,
O’er mountain, or plain, or sea;
I’ll say what You want me to say, dear Lord,
I’ll be what You want me to be.
Perhaps today there are loving words
Which Jesus would have me speak;
There may be now in the paths of sin,
Some wand’rer whom I should seek;
O Savior, if Thou wilt be my guide,
Though dark and rugged the way,
My voice shall echo Thy message sweet,
I’ll say what You want me to say.
There’s surely somewhere a lowly place,
In earth’s harvest fields so white,
Where I may labor through life’s short day,
For Jesus the Crucified;
So trusting my all to Thy tender care,
And knowing Thou lovest me,
I’ll do Thy will with a heart sincere,

Lyrics:Mary Brown (1891)
Music:Carrie E. Rounsefell (1894)

Beacon

« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2023, 09:35:31 PM »
"What a powerful lesson for us today is seen here."

"Jesus loved Judas."

"Judas was given the same chance for growth as were the other disciples; however, he would not surrender his heart to Jesus completely to allow transformation and growth in his life."

"Jesus did not give up but continued to reach out to Judas for the next 3 and a 1/2 years of his ministry."

He does the same to us by reaching out with love and kindness to draw us to Him, even in our sinful disobedience. Are "WE" willing to say, Here I am God, take me and surrender? Thereby allowing Him to lead us in the way He wants us to go.

==============================
It may not be on the mountain’s height,
Or over the stormy sea;
It may not be at the battle’s front,
My Lord will have need of me;
But if by a still, small voice He calls,
To paths that I do not know,
I’ll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in Thine,
I’ll go where You want me to go.
    I’ll go where You want me to go, dear Lord,
O’er mountain, or plain, or sea;
I’ll say what You want me to say, dear Lord,
Perhaps today there are loving words
Which Jesus would have me speak;
There may be now in the paths of sin,
Some wand’rer whom I should seek;
O Savior, if Thou wilt be my guide,
Though dark and rugged the way,
My voice shall echo Thy message sweet,
I’ll say what You want me to say.
There’s surely somewhere a lowly place,
In earth’s harvest fields so white,
Where I may labor through life’s short day,
For Jesus the Crucified;
So trusting my all to Thy tender care,
And knowing Thou lovest me,
I’ll do Thy will with a heart sincere,

Lyrics:Mary Brown (1891)
Music:Carrie E. Rounsefell (1894)

Dorine

« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2023, 05:01:06 AM »
"The apostles differed widely in habits and disposition. There were the publican, Levi-Matthew, and the fiery zealot Simon, the uncompromising hater of the authority of Rome; the generous, impulsive Peter, and the mean-spirited Judas; Thomas, truehearted, yet timid and fearful, Philip, slow of heart, and inclined to doubt, and the ambitious, outspoken sons of Zebedee, with their brethren. These were brought together, with their different faults, all with inherited and cultivated tendencies to evil; but in and through Christ they were to dwell in the family of God, learning to become one in faith, in doctrine, in spirit. They would have their tests, their grievances, their differences of opinion; but while Christ was abiding in the heart, there could be no dissension. His love would lead to love for one another; the lessons of the Master would lead to the harmonizing of all differences, bringing the disciples into unity, till they would be of one mind and one judgment. Christ is the great center, and they would approach one another just in proportion as they approached the center." {DA 296.2}
Jesus can use anyone when He is the center and focus of our lives. He takes us as we are and makes pure vessels for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. When Jesus has full possession of our hearts we will live in harmony with our brothers and sisters. Because we do not read the heart we will always give others the benefit of the doubt taking a special interest in those who are struggling with temptation.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2023, 06:21:57 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

What is so special about John, "the disciple whom Jesus loved" (John 21:20)? Why was He so close to Jesus? To better understand John's intimate relationship with Jesus, we need to reflect on how Jesus worked with His disciples and what He was offering them. He was offering them His very life of unselfishness; He yearned for them to become like Him in mind and character through their unique personalities. He loved all of them, but He let them choose how close they desired to be to Him. He invites us, too, to be as close to Him as possible!

"These disciples had been for some time associated with Jesus in active labor. John and James, Andrew and Peter, with Philip, Nathanael, and Matthew, had been more closely connected with Him than the others, and had witnessed more of His miracles. Peter, James, and John stood in still nearer relationship to Him. They were almost constantly with Him, witnessing His miracles, and hearing His words. John pressed into still closer intimacy with Jesus, so that he is distinguished as the one whom Jesus loved. The Saviour loved them all, but John's was the most receptive spirit. He was younger than the others, and with more of the child's confiding trust he opened his heart to Jesus. Thus he came more into sympathy with Christ, and through him the Saviour's deepest spiritual teaching was communicated to His people." {The Desire of Ages, page 292, paragraph 1}

Did you catch that? John was younger than the others, and because he was more receptive, Christ could teach John His deepest spiritual teaching! The amazing thing is that Jesus is looking for "modern day Johns" who will be childlike in confiding trust, receptive to His Spirit, and willing to be shaped by His deep spiritual teaching. If you are willing, why not pray that God will lead you even now to go deeper with Jesus by His word and then share with others of the overflow of what you know of Him! A GREAT book in which to discover Jesus' loveliness is The Desire of Ages, and prayerfully reading its pages is such a wonderful way to draw nearer to Jesus!! By beholding Christ, we become changed!! We can rejoice that it is as we by faith surrender fully to Christ that we become partakers of the divine nature, keeping the corruption of our fallen nature crucified! Christ abiding in us will thus give the Holy Spirit power to manifest all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in and through us as we are empowered to gladly obey God up to the light of His holy law of (the Ten Commandments) that we understand. Praise God for the privilege of being a true disciple of Jesus! Let's go with Him as deep as possible!! "Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded" (James 4:8). When we are drawing near to God, He is drawing near to us! After all, the desire to come to God first comes from Him!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2023, 08:50:54 AM »
Such a blessing to read how God has impressed my friends with truth!

"We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the exceeding greatness of the power may be of God, and not from ourselves." 2 Corinthians 4:7, R. V. This is why the preaching of the gospel was committed to erring men rather than to the angels. It is manifest that the power which works through the weakness of humanity is the power of God; and thus we are encouraged to believe that the power which can help others as weak as ourselves can help us. And those who are themselves "compassed with infirmity" should be able to "have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way." Hebrews 5:2. Having been in peril themselves, they are acquainted with the dangers and difficulties of the way, and for this reason are called to reach out for others in like peril. There are souls perplexed with doubt, burdened with infirmities, weak in faith, and unable to grasp the Unseen; but a friend whom they can see, coming to them in Christ's stead, can be a connecting link to fasten their trembling faith upon Christ. 

So important to understand this. How important is it that others see the power of Christ in us! And how important that we are patient with others as Christ has been with us!   Jesus had called His disciples that He might send them forth as His witnesses, to declare to the world what they had seen and heard of Him. Their office was the most important to which human beings had ever been called, and was second only to that of Christ Himself. They were to be workers together with God for the saving of the world! So it is today. We have been entrusted with sacred truths that many in the world are wanting. Thus our work is the most important ever entrusted to humans. This ought to cause us to fall on our face seeking wisdom and power to do so, to redeem the time we have wasted. It is a matter of saving precious souls for whom Christ suffered and died.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2023, 05:27:26 AM »
This chapter reveals two three important principles that we ought to  understand. First, the power of our witness when we reveal the power of grace to transform sinners into saints. What God has done  for us who are erring mortals, can be done for others who are erring mortals. Second, that Jesus is patient with us as we learn of Him and His ways. He does not cast us off when we sin, even though He does not  excuse sin. He will forgive sin if we will learn of Him and allow Him  to change us into Him character (2 Cor. 3:18).  Lastly, we are to understand the great danger in selecting one for ordination according to worldly considerations as the disciples were using to choose Judas. Jesus did not choose Judas, but was put in a position where He knew it was best for a number of reasons to allow him to be ordained. Thus it may be that we do not remove one from office even though we can see the danger from having ordained one using the worldly principles the disciples were using.

If He had repulsed Judas, they would, in their own minds, have questioned the wisdom of their Master. The after history of Judas would show them the danger of allowing any worldly consideration to have weight in deciding the fitness of men for the work of God. The co-operation of such men as the disciples were anxious to secure would have betrayed the work into the hands of its worst enemies.

"We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the exceeding greatness of the power may be of God, and not from ourselves." 2 Corinthians 4:7, R. V. This is why the preaching of the gospel was committed to erring men rather than to the angels. It is manifest that the power which works through the weakness of humanity is the power of God; and thus we are encouraged to believe that the power which can help others as weak as ourselves can help us. And those who are themselves "compassed with infirmity" should be able to "have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way." Hebrews 5:2. Having been in peril themselves, they are acquainted with the dangers and difficulties of the way, and for this reason are called to reach out for others in like peril. There are souls perplexed with doubt, burdened with infirmities, weak in faith, and unable to grasp the Unseen; but a friend whom they can see, coming to them in Christ's stead, can be a connecting link to fasten their trembling faith upon Christ.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2023, 09:36:49 AM »
Amen, Brother Richard! We need wisdom from Jesus continually!!

While the gospel is not about you (though you are infinitely loved by God!), as Jesus is revealed THROUGH you by the Holy Spirit, the power of the gospel is made manifest and souls are encouraged to believe that what God can do IN YOU He can also do IN THEM!! God loves ALL of us, and the emphasis ever needs to be put on finding our unity and truth in Christ and His word in harmony with the law of God! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be revealed in the life surrendered fully to Christ as He leads the soul in true obedience to all of the commandments of God, as perfectly seen in the life of Jesus who kept the Ten Commandments!

"'We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the exceeding greatness of the power may be of God, and not from ourselves.' 2 Corinthians 4:7, R. V. This is why the preaching of the gospel was committed to erring men rather than to the angels. It is manifest that the power which works through the weakness of humanity is the power of God; and thus we are encouraged to believe that the power which can help others as weak as ourselves can help us. And those who are themselves 'compassed with infirmity' should be able to 'have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way.' Hebrews 5:2. Having been in peril themselves, they are acquainted with the dangers and difficulties of the way, and for this reason are called to reach out for others in like peril. There are souls perplexed with doubt, burdened with infirmities, weak in faith, and unable to grasp the Unseen; but a friend whom they can see, coming to them in Christ's stead, can be a connecting link to fasten their trembling faith upon Christ." {The Desire of Ages, page 297, paragraph 2}

Be the link to reach others with the love of Christ. Let Him work in and through you His character miracle of grace!

Philip T

« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2023, 02:59:38 PM »
     We are to be laborers together with the heavenly angels in presenting Jesus to the world. With almost impatient eagerness the angels wait for our co-operation; for man must be the channel to communicate with man. And when we give ourselves to Christ in wholehearted devotion, angels rejoice that they may speak through our voices to reveal God's love.

It is our responsibility to reach out and help those who's faith is week and help them in their Christian walk with God. We are to lab our with the angels in presenting Jesus to the world. A very important fact pointed out here, is man must be the channel of communication with man. When we become totally surrendered to God, angels are happy that they can speak through our voices to show the world God's love.

Beacon

« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2023, 09:01:24 PM »
"We are to be laborers together with the heavenly angels in presenting Jesus to the world."

"With almost impatient eagerness the angels wait for our co-operation; for man must be the channel to communicate with man."

"When we give ourselves to Christ in wholehearted devotion, angels rejoice that they may speak through our voices to reveal God's love."

Do "WE" recognize what a "High Calling" is being is  being given by Jesus to each of us to be a part of His gospel army giving what might be the last invitation to some wander soul lost in sin but looking for help ?? Will you say....HERE AM I

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2023, 05:01:50 AM »
Amen dear Brother Beacon! What a precious opportunity to work with Jesus and the angels in helping others to know our God!!  We may stumble and fall, but God is not finished with us. He loves us and will help us at each step in learning of Him and His ways.

He who called the fisherman of Galilee is still calling men to His service. And He is just as willing to manifest His power through us as through the first disciples. However imperfect and sinful we may be, the Lord holds out to us the offer of partnership with Himself, of apprenticeship to Christ. He invites us to come under the divine instruction, that, uniting with Christ, we may work the works of God.
     We are to be laborers together with the heavenly angels in presenting Jesus to the world. With almost impatient eagerness the angels wait for our co-operation; for man must be the channel to communicate with man. And when we give ourselves to Christ in wholehearted devotion, angels rejoice that they may speak through our voices to reveal God's love.

It is interesting that it is not only the Holy Spirit that speaks through us, but the angels also.

Dorine

« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2023, 05:16:18 AM »
"He who called the fisherman of Galilee is still calling men to His service. And He is just as willing to manifest His power through us as through the first disciples. However imperfect and sinful we may be, the Lord holds out to us the offer of partnership with Himself, of apprenticeship to Christ. He invites us to come under the divine instruction, that, uniting with Christ, we may work the works of God."

We all have different roles to play. God has a special plan unique to each one. We may not do great things in man's eyes but when we cooperate with heavenly agencies the Holy Spirit leads us in the paths selected for us. There is something for everyone to do through the power of God.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2023, 06:08:44 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Brother Richard, and Sister Dorine!

Praise God for His willingness to use us!

"God takes men as they are, with the human elements in their character, and trains them for His service, if they will be disciplined and learn of Him. They are not chosen because they are perfect, but notwithstanding their imperfections, that through the knowledge and practice of the truth, through the grace of Christ, they may become transformed into His image." {The Desire of Ages, page 294, paragraph 4}

Jesus can transform us into His image as we behold His infinite loveliness! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be revealed in the life and character of all who are truly converted, surrendered fully, and growing in His grace to seek and save souls!

Beacon

« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2023, 08:04:07 PM »
"We who are compassed with infirmity" should be able to "have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the "way."

"Having been in Peril Themselves... "

"They are acquainted with the Dangers and Difficulties of the Way,"

"For this reason we are called to reach out for others in like peril."

This is why Jesus needs and and wants us to be Seeking the Lost.

==========================

Living for Jesus a life that is true,
Striving to please Him in all that I do;
Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free,
This is the pathway of blessing for me.
    O Jesus, Lord and Savior,
I give myself to Thee,
For Thou, in Thy [redemption],*
Didst give Thyself for me;
I own no other Master,
My heart shall be Thy throne,
My life I give, henceforth to live,
O Christ, for Thee alone.
Living for Jesus who died in my place,
Bearing on Calv’ry my sin and disgrace;
Such love constrains me to answer His call,
Follow His leading and give Him my all.
Living for Jesus wherever I am,
Doing each duty in His holy name;
Willing to suffer affliction and loss,
Deeming each trial a part of my cross.
Living for Jesus through earth’s little while,
My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;
Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,
Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.

Lyrics:Thomas Obediah Chisholm (1866-1960)
Music:Carl Harold Lowden (1883-1963)