Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--28--Levi-Matthew  (Read 7972 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--28--Levi-Matthew
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2020, 07:01:28 AM »
"But although the Pharisees thought so highly of themselves, they were really in a worse condition than the ones they despised. The publicans were less bigoted and self-sufficient, and thus were more open to the influence of truth. Jesus said to the rabbis, "Go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice." Thus He showed that while they claimed to expound the word of God, they were wholly ignorant of its spirit."

"Man must be emptied of self before he can be, in the fullest sense, a believer in Jesus.

When self is renounced, then the Lord can make man a new creature.

New bottles can contain the new wine. The love of Christ will animate the believer with new life. In him who looks unto the Author and Finisher of our faith the character of Christ will be manifest."

The question that Joshua posed many centuries ago --- is still just as valid today....

Joshua 24:15
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

As we celebrate this Sabbath day I can't help but wonder -- What Will Our Response Be?

Look up and listen for the shout.