Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--27--"Thou Canst Make Me Clean"  (Read 15368 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--27--"Thou Canst Make Me Clean"
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2020, 09:41:51 AM »
"Every act of Christ's ministry was far-reaching in its purpose...

..It comprehended more than appeared in the act itself. So in the case of the leper. While Jesus ministered to all who came unto Him, He yearned to bless those who came not. While He drew the publicans, the heathen, and the Samaritans, He longed to reach the priests and teachers who were shut in by prejudice and tradition."

"The priests were convinced of the divine power of the Saviour. Opportunity was granted them to know the truth and to be profited by the light.

Rejected, it would pass away, never to return.

By many the light was rejected; yet it was not given in vain. Many hearts were moved that for a time made no sign. During the Saviour's life, His mission seemed to call forth little response of love from the priests and teachers; but after His ascension "a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith." Acts 6:7.]

"The paralytic found in Christ healing for both the soul and the body.

The spiritual healing was followed by physical restoration. This lesson should not be overlooked.

There are today thousands suffering from physical disease, who, like the paralytic, are longing for the message, "Thy sins are forgiven." The burden of sin, with its unrest and unsatisfied desires, is the foundation of their maladies. They can find no relief until they come to the Healer of the soul. The peace which He alone can give, would impart vigor to the mind, and health to the body."

Today Jesus is still knocking at the door of our heart's. We may know " Of Him "   But have we surrendered to the point of  "Obedience" to Him.?
Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2020, 04:40:58 AM »
When contemplating this chapter I came across this quotation that I found in Ministry of Healing concerning the paralytic.
"His great desire was relief from the burden of sin. He longed to see Jesus and receive the assurance of forgiveness and peace with heaven. Then he would be content to live or to die, according to God's will."  {MH 74.1} 

I'm afraid that too often people are led to all the 'right' things to do in order to bring physical healing but leave out the fact that apart from God we may find a certain degree of physical healing but the soul will still be longing and searching for peace. When we come to Christ for spiritual healing many of our physical maladies will disappear as we apply the benefits from the things we can do.  I love the paralytics attitude...."Then he would be content to live or to die, according to God's will." That is a life truly healed and filled with peace and happiness.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Dorine

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2021, 05:37:06 AM »
"Again and again the bearers of the paralytic tried to push their way through the crowd, but in vain. The sick man looked about him in unutterable anguish. When the longed-for help was so near, how could he relinquish hope? At his suggestion his friends bore him to the top of the house and, breaking up the roof, let him down at the feet of Jesus. The discourse was interrupted. The Saviour looked upon the mournful countenance, and saw the pleading eyes fixed upon Him. He understood the case; He had drawn to Himself that perplexed and doubting spirit. While the paralytic was yet at home, the Saviour had brought conviction to his conscience. When he repented of his sins, and believed in the power of Jesus to make him whole, the life-giving mercies of the Saviour had first blessed his longing heart. Jesus had watched the first glimmer of faith grow into a belief that He was the sinner's only helper, and had seen it grow stronger with every effort to come into His presence.      Now, in words that fell like music on the sufferer's ear, the Saviour said, "Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee."     

The burden of despair rolls from the sick man's soul; the peace of forgiveness rests upon his spirit, and shines out upon his countenance. His physical pain is gone, and his whole being is transformed. The helpless paralytic is healed! the guilty sinner is pardoned!"

I join in the joy and relief that this man experienced.  It's a most precious story of the Saviour's love and concern for humanity and the overwhelming peace and happiness that comes from knowing you have been made clean and whole. We serve a mighty God whose love we can not comprehend. Many need to hear this truth. Can we say; "here I am Lord, send me?" It may be a neighbour, a loved one, a co-worker or someone we happen to meet. May we be attentive to their hearts cry. God will give us the right words to say.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2021, 06:55:09 AM »
Amen dear sister! We need the right words to say that will bring love, joy, peace to those who are burdened with sin and guilt.  My heart is heavy as I continue to hear that God does not cleanse the heart from sin, that His imputed righteousness is all we get and it covers our filthiness. How very sad.  So, once again I am impressed to share what is so very important for our people to understand, God can and will make your heart clean if you love Him with all of it holding nothing back. I know that "Thou canst make me clean no matter who teaches otherwise.

In some instances of healing, Jesus did not at once grant the blessing sought. But in the case of leprosy, no sooner was the appeal made than it was granted. When we pray for earthly blessings, the answer to our prayer may be delayed, or God may give us something other than we ask, but not so when we ask for deliverance from sin. It is His will to cleanse us from sin, to make us His children, and to enable us to live a holy life. Christ "gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father." Galatians 1:4. And "this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him." 1 John 5:14, 15. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2021, 07:33:07 AM »
"Every act of Christ's ministry was far-reaching in its purpose. It comprehended more than appeared in the act itself. So in the case of the leper. While Jesus ministered to all who came unto Him, He yearned to bless those who came not. While He drew the publicans, the heathen, and the Samaritans, He longed to reach the priests and teachers who were shut in by prejudice and tradition."

"The priests were convinced of the divine power of the Saviour. Opportunity was granted them to know the truth and to be profited by the light..

Rejected, it would pass away, never to return. By many the light was rejected; yet it was not given in vain.

Many hearts were moved that for a time made no sign. During the Saviour's life, His mission seemed to call forth little response of love from the priests and teachers; but after His ascension "a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith." Acts 6:7[.

The Invitation is still extended: "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

Today Jesus is still knocking at the door of our heart's.

WE MAY BE ISOLATED ON EARTH - BUT WE ARE NOT ISOLATED FROM JESUS

Philip T

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2021, 08:02:09 AM »
The palsied man was entirely helpless, and, seeing no prospect of aid from any quarter, he had sunk into despair. Then he heard of the wonderful works of Jesus. He was told that others as sinful and helpless as he had been healed; even lepers had been cleansed. And the friends who reported these things encouraged him to believe that he too might be cured if he could be carried to Jesus. But his hope fell when he remembered how the disease had been brought upon him. He feared that the pure Physician would not tolerate him in His presence.
    Yet it was not physical restoration he desired so much as relief from the burden of sin. If he could see Jesus, and receive the assurance of forgiveness and peace with Heaven, he would be content to live or die, according to God's will.The cry of the dying man was, Oh that I might come into His presence! There was no time to lose; already his wasted flesh was showing signs of decay. He besought his friends to carry him on his bed to Jesus, and this they gladly undertook to do. But so dense was the crowd that had assembled in and about the house where the Savior was, that it was impossible for the sick man and his friends to reach Him, or even to come within hearing of His voice.

Amen sister Dorine, and brothers Richard and Bacon

Despite the physical illness, pain and suffering of the paralytic, I was touched by his need for Spiritual healing he treasured most, and would life with the pain and suffering of physical illness, if Jesus would only forgive him for his sins, he would then wait for death with peace in the promise of eternal life. We should have the same desire in our souls. That forgiveness of sin through Christ Jesus is the most important thing in our live. That we would surrender them to Jesus cliaming his perfect undefiled life in place of our defiled sinful lives through faith in Him.  That we may as it says in Philippians 4:17  "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2021, 08:49:01 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine, Brother Richard, Brother Beacon and Brother Philip!

God's healing from sin is immediate. The miracle of what His grace can do is make us a new creation, to renew our heart and mind and imbue us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing. His grace is more powerful than the leprosy of sin; let us come to Christ and know that HE IS WILLING AND ABLE to fully save us from the deceptive power of transgression of the law of God. He loves us and wants us to know the joy of His full salvation.

"Immediately a change passed over the leper. His flesh became healthy, the nerves sensitive, the muscles firm. The rough, scaly surface peculiar to leprosy disappeared, and a soft glow, like that upon the skin of a healthy child, took its place." {The Desire of Ages, page 263, paragraph 4} 

God heals us when He forgives us, and the amazing truth of His grace is that it can transform sinners into saints who will become happy inhabitants of heaven and the new earth. We can partake of the blessing of His restoration now so that others may also see how good God is to us in Christ by the supernatural working of the Holy Spirit!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2021, 05:39:02 AM »
"Every act of Christ's ministry was far-reaching in its purpose...

..It comprehended more than appeared in the act itself. So in the case of the leper. While Jesus ministered to all who came unto Him, He yearned to bless those who came not. While He drew the publicans, the heathen, and the Samaritans, He longed to reach the priests and teachers who were shut in by prejudice and tradition."

"The priests were convinced of the divine power of the Saviour. Opportunity was granted them to know the truth and to be profited by the light.

Rejected, it would pass away, never to return.

"By many the light was rejected; yet it was not given in vain. Many hearts were moved that for a time made no sign. During the Saviour's life, His mission seemed to call forth little response of love from the priests and teachers; but after His ascension "a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith." Acts 6:7.]

"The paralytic found in Christ healing for both the soul and the body.

The spiritual healing was followed by physical restoration. This lesson should not be overlooked.

There are today thousands suffering from physical disease, who, like the paralytic, are longing for the message, "Thy sins are forgiven." The burden of sin, with its unrest and unsatisfied desires, is the foundation of their maladies. They can find no relief until they come to the Healer of the soul. The peace which He alone can give, would impart vigor to the mind, and health to the body."

Today Jesus is still knocking at the door of our heart's. We may know " Of Him "   But have we surrendered to the point of "Obedience" to Him.?

The invitation to all of us today is the same as it was back then....

Matthew 11: 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

Dorine

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2021, 05:58:14 AM »
  "The palsied man was entirely helpless, and, seeing no prospect of aid from any quarter, he had sunk into despair. Then he heard of the wonderful works of Jesus. He was told that others as sinful and helpless as he had been healed; even lepers had been cleansed. And the friends who reported these things encouraged him to believe that he too might be cured if he could be carried to Jesus. But his hope fell when he remembered how the disease had been brought upon him. He feared that the pure Physician would not tolerate him in His presence."

We need to bring these narratives into our own lives. We are all sinners, completely helpless without Jesus. Many feel as did this paralytic. When in the presence of Jesus they feel that He is too pure to approach. Oh what marvelous news we have to share. These are the very ones Jesus came to save. That includes every one that desires a new life and the willingness to give all to Jesus. Who doesn't want to have peace and happiness? It's not to be found in the places 'we' search. Only in Jesus will we have what we are looking for. Isn't He the most precious Saviour yet so many do not trust Him to fulfill His promises. Let's keep working while we still can to bring Jesus to those searching for something better.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2021, 08:31:53 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!!

God desires to forgive us and is able to answer our prayers as soon as we ask, as we are confessing our deep need of His healing grace, He came to set us free from sin and make us new creatures in Christ Jesus, bearing all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Jesus is able to deliver from any sin when the whole heart is surrendered to Him and we let Him live out His life in us!

"In some instances of healing, Jesus did not at once grant the blessing sought. But in the case of leprosy, no sooner was the appeal made than it was granted. When we pray for earthly blessings, the answer to our prayer may be delayed, or God may give us something other than we ask, but not so when we ask for deliverance from sin. It is His will to cleanse us from sin, to make us His children, and to enable us to live a holy life. Christ 'gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father.' Galatians 1:4. And 'this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.' 1 John 5:14, 15. 'If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.' 1 John 1:9." {The Desire of Ages, page 266, paragraph 2}

God is faithful to fulfill His promises! Trust Him no matter what!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2021, 09:22:32 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean.  I too was impressed again with this statement, that all will benefit from understanding what is said.

The work of Christ in cleansing the leper from his terrible disease is an illustration of His work in cleansing the soul from sin....  In some instances of healing, Jesus did not at once grant the blessing sought. But in the case of leprosy, no sooner was the appeal made than it was granted. When we pray for earthly blessings, the answer to our prayer may be delayed, or God may give us something other than we ask, but not so when we ask for deliverance from sin. It is His will to cleanse us from sin, to make us His children, and to enable us to live a holy life. Christ "gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father." Galatians 1:4. And "this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him." 1 John 5:14, 15. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9.

No need to comment, the truth is clearly revealed that all may know of God's power to cleanse from sin.  It is also instructive to understand that when we truly want to be cleansed from sin, Christ does not wait. He heals from sin immediately.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2021, 08:00:12 PM »
"The paralytic found in Christ healing for both the soul and the body. The spiritual healing was followed by physical restoration."

This lesson should not be overlooked.

"The peace which He alone can give, would impart vigor to the mind, and health to the body."

"The priests were convinced of the divine power of the Saviour. Opportunity was granted them to know the truth and to be profited by the light. Rejected, it would pass away, never to return.

"Many hearts were moved that for a time made no sign. During the Saviour's life, His mission seemed to call forth little response of love from the priests and teachers; but after His ascension 'a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.'" Acts 6:7.

"Ecclesiastes 11:1-3 says,  "Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. Our task is to be willing to SOW THE SEED, The Holy Spirit will water the seed. Jesus said.... in Luke 10:2..."The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth laborers into his harvest."

It is our High Calling by Jesus for each of us to come and help sow the seed but we must not get discourage because the seeds fall on many different types of soil. God is responsible through the Holy Spirit for the results of our willingness to sow the seed.

In spite of what we see with our eyes and hear with our ears I firmly believe that the greatest days for God's Faithful and True Remnant Messengers is just ahead us. Hopefully each of you reading this will take a strong stand to be a faithful sower of the seed of God's Amazing Grace.

Dorine

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2021, 05:41:55 AM »
  "Jesus came to "destroy the works of the devil." "In Him was life," and He says, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." He is "a quickening spirit." 1 John 3:8; John 1:4; 10:10; 1 Corinthians 15:45. And He still has the same life-giving power as when on earth He healed the sick, and spoke forgiveness to the sinner. He "forgiveth all thine iniquities," He "healeth all thy diseases." Psalm 103:3.   

Just as in the days of Jesus there are millions today who are longing for healing. Some physically, some spiritually and many for both. We have such a marvelous message of hope to bring to these people. A message of God's love and compassion for them and His longing to set them free from the clutches of Satan. As we share with others what God has done for us it will spark an interest and desire and hope that they too may experience this wonderful transformation that we have experienced. May we be faithful in bringing hope to others who are burdened with the weight of guilt and  who are looking for something better.

Philip T

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2021, 08:01:43 AM »
 Oh, wondrous love of Christ, stooping to heal the guilty and the afflicted! Divinity sorrowing over and soothing the ills of suffering humanity! Oh, marvelous power thus displayed to the children of men! Who can doubt the message of salvation? Who can slight the mercies of a compassionate Redeemer?

Amen brother Beacon and sister Dorine. This show's the unending and unmeasurable love of Jesus, forgiveness of sin and healing of a paralytic body, when you read in scripture of the unfathomable love of Jesus, his fulfillment of the plan of salvation. How can we doubt his love for us. He forgave the paralytic mans sins, and then healed him, what love and companssion.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2021, 09:40:37 PM »
|
  In some instances of healing, Jesus did not at once grant the blessing sought. But in the case of leprosy, no sooner was the appeal made than it was granted. When we pray for earthly blessings, the answer to our prayer may be delayed, or God may give us something other than we ask, but not so when we ask for deliverance from sin. It is His will to cleanse us from sin, to make us His children, and to enable us to live a holy life. Christ "gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father." Galatians 1:4. And "this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him." 1 John 5:14, 15. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9.

What, are we blind to this promise to be delivered from what? Sin!! How long does it take to be transformed from sinner to saint? If you listen to those who have not experienced the love of God, they will tell you your righteousness is as filthy rags. That is true if you do not love Jesus with the whole heart. But, if you have given up your selfishness and have surrendered all to God, then He imparts to you His righteousness and you reveal His character. Your heart has been cleansed from all unrighteousness. Now, you can believe the  lie, or you can put your trust in God and believe Him when He tells you He has cleansed you from all sin and you can keep His commandments, all of them.

"It is His will to cleanse us from sin, to make us His children, and to enable us to live a holy life." Today, not ten years from now.  Ask your pastor why he does not preach this, if he does not. If you get other than the truth, then do not sit at the feet of one who does not understand the foundation of our faith. Study for yourselves that you might be approved of by God who is your best Teacher.

Beacon

« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2021, 09:12:32 PM »
When we pray for earthly blessings, the answer to our prayer may be delayed, or God may give us something other than we ask, but not so when we ask for deliverance from sin."

"It is His will to cleanse us from sin, to make us His children, and to enable us to live a holy life.

"Christ "gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father."

"God's Word Says in...."

Galatians 1:4. And "this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him 1 John 5:14, 15. ".

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9.

It is by faith that we receive the blessings of His Healing Power both Spiritually and Physically. We know from His earthly record that He has the power and great love for mankind and we have been encouraged to come as we are confessing and trusting in His mercy and grace.

However, some times Jesus sees that in our Eternal Interest, it would be better to say " NO " or "WAIT FOR IT." but that only means that His answer is in our Eternal Best Interest. We should never doubt the love and compassion of the One who died to save us!

Have Faith Dear Friend in God.

Dorine

« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2021, 05:51:29 AM »
"Oh, wondrous love of Christ, stooping to heal the guilty and the afflicted! Divinity sorrowing over and soothing the ills of suffering humanity! Oh, marvelous power thus displayed to the children of men! Who can doubt the message of salvation? Who can slight the mercies of a compassionate Redeemer?"

My heart rejoices today as I review these marvelous stories of our loving Saviour. In spite of who we are or where we have been His compassion reaches 'all' who diligently seek his healing power for their lives. When I finally came to the point that I accepted that I was included in the 'all' the weight of the world was lifted from my shoulders. There are many who feel they are too sinful for Jesus to stop and take notice of them. They are the very ones that Jesus died for and longs to bring them healing from their sins.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2021, 08:41:21 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

Praise the Lord for the healing that God brings to us in a complete way! Jesus knows us individually and is touched with the feeling of our infirmities, so come to Him just as you are, accept His divine grace in a complete surrender of your whole heart to Christ, and find forgiveness and healing to transform you into His image so all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in your life without one missing!

"The paralytic found in Christ healing for both the soul and the body. The spiritual healing was followed by physical restoration. This lesson should not be overlooked. There are today thousands suffering from physical disease, who, like the paralytic, are longing for the message, 'Thy sins are forgiven.' The burden of sin, with its unrest and unsatisfied desires, is the foundation of their maladies. They can find no relief until they come to the Healer of the soul. The peace which He alone can give, would impart vigor to the mind, and health to the body."  {The Desire of Ages, page 270, paragraph 1}
"Jesus came to 'destroy the works of the devil.' 'In Him was life,' and He says, 'I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.' He is 'a quickening spirit.' 1 John 3:8; John 1:4; 10:10; 1 Corinthians 15:45. And He still has the same life-giving power as when on earth He healed the sick, and spoke forgiveness to the sinner. He 'forgiveth all thine iniquities,' He 'healeth all thy diseases.' Psalm 103:3." {The Desire of Ages, page 270, paragraph 2} 

What joy it is to walk in the victory Christ offers us! The devil is a defeated for, though he still roams around to try to discourage and distract us. But we can choose Christ and look and live because He ever lives to intercede for us. Christ is about to return in power and great glory, and now is the time to rejoice in the Lord!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2021, 01:44:44 PM »
When we pray for earthly blessings, the answer to our prayer may be delayed, or God may give us something other than we ask, but not so when we ask for deliverance from sin."

"It is His will to cleanse us from sin, to make us His children, and to enable us to live a holy life.

Amen Brother Beacon! Some things are not only worth repeating, but need to be repeated often because of their present truth value.

Beacon

« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2022, 08:15:21 PM »
"When we pray for earthly blessings, the answer to our prayer may be delayed, or God may give us something other than we ask, but not so when we ask for deliverance from sin."

"It is His will to cleanse us from sin, to make us His children, and to enable us to live a holy life".

"Christ "gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father."

Galatians 1:4. "And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hearth us: and if we know that He hears us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him." 1 John 5:14, 15.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9.

My Dear Remnant Family. No one but Jesus can offer such wonderful promises of "Total Deliverance." Be of Good Courage. We have all sinned! But we are "ALL" invited to come to Jesus and and humbly ask for and receive forgiveness. Remember, Jesus went through the agony of Calvary so that He could have this privilege of offering us His mercy, forgiveness and restoring grace.

Come, every soul by sin oppressed,
  There’s mercy with the Lord;
And He will surely give you rest
  By trusting in His Word.
    Only trust Him! Only trust Him!
  Only trust Him now!
He will save you! He will save you!
    He will save you now!
For Jesus shed His precious blood
  Rich blessings to bestow;
Plunge now into the crimson flood
  That washeth white as snow.
Yes, Jesus is the Truth, the Way,
  That leads you into rest;
Believe in Him without delay,
  And you are fully blest.
Come then, and join the holy band,
  And on to glory go;
In Christ’s redemption take your stand,
  And all His goodness know.

Lyrics & Music by John Hart Stockton (1813-1877)