Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--27--"Thou Canst Make Me Clean"  (Read 15505 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--27--"Thou Canst Make Me Clean"
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2019, 06:04:49 AM »
Amen Sister Dorine! What love! By contrast we are shown who we are apart from Christ. We come into this world in need of divine help. And it surrounds us and is ours for the asking.

Amen Brother Beacon! I really appreciate the truth that a great company of priests who had not accepted Christ, finally did. In a church where many pastors are blind to the meaning of salvation, we can expect the same. There will be a great company who accept God's grace and will help finish the work.

I especially like the truth that God does not wait to answer a particular kind of prayer. Many times He does not answer our prayer immediately, but not so when we seek to be delivered from sin.

The work of Christ in cleansing the leper from his terrible disease is an illustration of His work in cleansing the soul from sin. The man who came to Jesus was "full of leprosy." Its deadly poison permeated his whole body. The disciples sought to prevent their Master from touching him; for he who touched a leper became himself unclean. But in laying His hand upon the leper, Jesus received no defilement. His touch imparted life-giving power. The leprosy was cleansed. Thus it is with the leprosy of sin,--deep-rooted, deadly, and impossible to be cleansed by human power. "The whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint. From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrefying sores." Isaiah 1:5, 6........

In some instances of healing, Jesus did not at once grant the blessing sought. But in the case of leprosy, no sooner was the appeal made than it was granted. When we pray for earthly blessings, the answer to our prayer may be delayed, or God may give us something other than we ask, but not so when we ask for deliverance from sin. It is His will to cleanse us from sin, to make us His children, and to enable us to live a holy life. Christ "gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father." Galatians 1:4. And "this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him." 1 John 5:14, 15. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9.

When Saul prayed this prayer "O wretched man that I am, who shall deliver me from the body of this death." how long did it take Christ to answer him? Then, we know that Romans 7 is Paul's experience prior to conversion revealing his lost condition and desire for forgiveness. And, we know when he prayed this prayer. It was on the road to Damascus.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2019, 02:29:03 PM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine and Brother Richard!! We can experience such joyful unity in Christ as we behold the loveliness of Jesus!

Christ loves to create happy families, and you can only imagine the testimonies that were shared after the paralytic returned home to share what Jesus had done for Him! As we uplift and exalt the power of the Savior, we share the joy of healing that is most importantly spiritual--giving us a new heart and a new mind imbued with all of the fruits of the Holy Spirit! We can rejoice continually in Christ's power to save to the uttermost!

"In the home of the healed paralytic there was great rejoicing when he returned to his family, carrying with ease the couch upon which he had been slowly borne from their presence but a short time before. They gathered round with tears of joy, scarcely daring to believe their eyes. He stood before them in the full vigor of manhood. Those arms that they had seen lifeless were quick to obey his will. The flesh that had been shrunken and leaden-hued was now fresh and ruddy. He walked with a firm, free step. Joy and hope were written in every lineament of his countenance; and an expression of purity and peace had taken the place of the marks of sin and suffering. Glad thanksgiving went up from that home, and God was glorified through His Son, who had restored hope to the hopeless, and strength to the stricken one. This man and his family were ready to lay down their lives for Jesus. No doubt dimmed their faith, no unbelief marred their fealty to Him who had brought light into their darkened home." {The Desire of Ages, page 271, paragraph 2}

The light that Jesus brought to that home He will bring to your home as you behold Christ's loveliness and surrender unreservedly to His plan, His healing, and His renewing grace!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2019, 04:34:19 AM »
The paralytic found in Christ healing for both the soul and the body. The spiritual healing was followed by physical restoration. This lesson should not be overlooked. There are today thousands suffering from physical disease, who, like the paralytic, are longing for the message, "Thy sins are forgiven." The burden of sin, with its unrest and unsatisfied desires, is the foundation of their maladies. They can find no relief until they come to the Healer of the soul. The peace which He alone can give, would impart vigor to the mind, and health to the body.

The stress of sin can cause all sorts of suffering. If not addressed it can lead to a debilitated condition. I was once there and landed in emergency. I plead with God for help. During that experience the Lord revealed to me that I needed a heart transplant. A spiritual transplant. I was holding on to resentments of the past. When I finally surrendered all I received such peace that I wanted to shout it from the house tops. We may receive physical healing but there's nothing more freeing than knowing our sins are forgiven. Sometimes God allows us to sink to rock bottom in order to get our attention. He will do all He can to bring us to the point of submission and then will walk with us day by day as we continue to submit. What love and mercy He has for us poor weak creatures.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2019, 06:02:16 AM »
  "The paralytic found in Christ healing for both the soul and the body. The spiritual healing was followed by physical restoration. This lesson should not be overlooked. There are today thousands suffering from physical disease, who, like the paralytic, are longing for the message, "Thy sins are forgiven." The burden of sin, with its unrest and unsatisfied desires, is the foundation of their maladies. They can find no relief until they come to the Healer of the soul. The peace which He alone can give, would impart vigor to the mind, and health to the body. Jesus came to "destroy the works of the devil." "In Him was life," and He says, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." He is "a quickening spirit." 1 John 3:8; John 1:4; 10:10; 1 Corinthians 15:45. And He still has the same life-giving power as when on earth He healed the sick, and spoke forgiveness to the sinner. He "forgiveth all thine iniquities," He "healeth all thy diseases." Psalm 103:3. "

So my brothers and sisters in Christ be of good courage, if we are willing to come to Jesus He will forgive. He may also heal us physically if it's to His glory and our eternal good, when we come humbly into His presence asking with a sincere heart for His blessing.[/b]
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2019, 12:06:43 PM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon!!

What a wonderful testimony, Sister Dorine! We have a wonderful Healer in Jesus!!

"The paralytic found in Christ healing for both the soul and the body. The spiritual healing was followed by physical restoration. This lesson should not be overlooked. There are today thousands suffering from physical disease, who, like the paralytic, are longing for the message, 'Thy sins are forgiven.' The burden of sin, with its unrest and unsatisfied desires, is the foundation of their maladies. They can find no relief until they come to the Healer of the soul. The peace which He alone can give, would impart vigor to the mind, and health to the body." {The Desire of Ages, page 270, paragraph 1}   

I gladly accept Christ's forgiveness of all of my sins, and the power of His grace to keep me from sin because His love constrains me to be in a sweet union and communion with Him out of an appreciation of His loveliness of character! May we each find the love, joy and peace in Christ that surely comes in full surrender of all we have and are to Him!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2019, 08:55:36 PM »
What a wonderful lesson in today's reading. It would be good if the Sabbath School lesson shared such principles. I like the fact that Christ did just minister to the poor and oppressed. He ministered to all classes of people.

Every act of Christ's ministry was far-reaching in its purpose. It comprehended more than appeared in the act itself. So in the case of the leper. While Jesus ministered to all who came unto Him, He yearned to bless those who came not. While He drew the publicans, the heathen, and the Samaritans, He longed to reach the priests and teachers who were shut in by prejudice and tradition.....

The same priests who condemned the leper to banishment certified his cure. This sentence, publicly pronounced and registered, was a standing testimony for Christ. And as the healed man was reinstated in the congregation of Israel, upon the priests' own assurance that there was not a taint of the disease upon him, he himself was a living witness for his Benefactor. Joyfully he presented his offering, and magnified the name of Jesus. The priests were convinced of the divine power of the Saviour. Opportunity was granted them to know the truth and to be profited by the light. Rejected, it would pass away, never to return. By many the light was rejected; yet it was not given in vain. Many hearts were moved that for a time made no sign. During the Saviour's life, His mission seemed to call forth little response of love from the priests and teachers; but after His ascension "a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith." Acts 6:7. 

So today we ought to consider our opportunities to minister to pastors who have rejected the truth. We do not know the end of their lives. Did Stephen think Saul would never repent of his sins? No, he gave that last message knowing he would die, but he did so believing God would use his testimony and death to save some of those who were in rebellion. In fact, won't Stephen be surprised to find out what Saul ended up doing!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2019, 11:12:32 AM »
"The priests were convinced of the divine power of the Saviour. Opportunity was granted them to know the truth and to be profited by the light. Rejected, it would pass away, never to return. By many the light was rejected; yet it was not given in vain. Many hearts were moved that for a time made no sign. During the Saviour's life, His mission seemed to call forth little response of love from the priests and teachers; but after His ascension "a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith." Acts 6:7."

At one point in my life, while working as a Seventh-day Adventist Chaplain, I felt impressed to join the local Clergy Association. They welcomed me with open arms and exclaimed that they had never had a representative of the local Seventh-day Adventist church apply for membership in their group. At one point, during the time I was a part of their group, it was decided to give each member an opportunity to give an explanation of the core beliefs we each represented. My turn came and I had prayed earnestly that God would use me in a powerful way. As we were leaving the meeting hall a Methodist minister took me aside and said..." I just want you to know that I agree with everything you said, it was so strongly based on the Scriptures. We talked for sometime and I made an appeal to him to preach the truth as revealed in the Word.  I wish I could tell you that he desired to take affirmative action but that did not happen...at least while I was a member of that group. When my time came to leave that area they throw me a wonderful going away party. It is my prayer, even today, that perhaps the seeds sown in that group will bear fruit for Jesus and that someday I might meet some of them again.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2019, 08:32:45 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon!  Many "priests" will be as Saul the persecutor, they will accept the truth they so long rejected. Of course many more will not. But, we ought to do all we can to help even those who are not even in a converted state as were many who persecuted Christ and later became His disciples. We plant good seed and leave the rest with God.

Oh, wondrous love of Christ, stooping to heal the guilty and the afflicted! Divinity sorrowing over and soothing the ills of suffering humanity! Oh, marvelous power thus displayed to the children of men! Who can doubt the message of salvation? Who can slight the mercies of a compassionate Redeemer?
     It required nothing less than creative power to restore health to that decaying body. The same voice that spoke life to man created from the dust of the earth had spoken life to the dying paralytic. And the same power that gave life to the body had renewed the heart. He who at the creation "spake, and it was," who "commanded, and it stood fast," (Psalm 33:9), had spoken life to the soul dead in trespasses and sins. The healing of the body was an evidence of the power that had renewed the heart. Christ bade the paralytic arise and walk, "that ye may know," He said, "that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins." 

Amen! Even those who put Christ on cross or persecuted His followers!

Beacon

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2020, 06:47:32 PM »
"The work of Christ in cleansing the leper from his terrible disease is an illustration of His work in cleansing the soul from sin. The man who came to Jesus was "full of leprosy." Its deadly poison permeated his whole body. The disciples sought to prevent their Master from touching him; for he who touched a leper became himself unclean. But in laying His hand upon the leper, Jesus received no defilement. His touch imparted life-giving power. The leprosy was cleansed. Thus it is with the leprosy of sin,--deep-rooted, deadly, and impossible to be cleansed by human power. "The whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint. From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrefying sores." Isaiah 1:5, 6

"Jesus came to "destroy the works of the devil." "In Him was life," and He says, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." He is "a quickening spirit." 1 John 3:8; John 1:4; 10:10; 1 Corinthians 15:45. And He still has the same life-giving power as when on earth He healed the sick, and spoke forgiveness to the sinner. He "forgiveth all thine iniquities," He "healeth all thy diseases." Psalm 103:3."

Jesus said, " Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. And again in Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will fellowship with him, and he with me.

Jesus is still knocking at the door of our hearts today, but it's up to us to Open The Door - What will Our Response Be?

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2020, 07:37:46 AM »
God's timing is perfect when it comes to answering our prayers!! When you ask Him to forgive you, that is INSTANTANEOUS. But when you pray for other earthly blessings, God who is too wise to err and too good to withhold any good thing from His children will grant that which is best in the best time for all selfless reasons! Be of good courage and PRAY CONSTANTLY!!!

"In some instances of healing, Jesus did not at once grant the blessing sought. But in the case of leprosy, no sooner was the appeal made than it was granted. When we pray for earthly blessings, the answer to our prayer may be delayed, or God may give us something other than we ask, but not so when we ask for deliverance from sin. It is His will to cleanse us from sin, to make us His children, and to enable us to live a holy life. Christ 'gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father.' Galatians 1:4. And 'this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.' 1 John 5:14, 15. 'If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.' 1 John 1:9." {The Desire of Ages, page 266, paragraph 2}

Let us be more bold in our prayers to know God not only forgives INSTANTLY but that He wisely gives us what is best in the timing and way that will glorify His name and bring us the greatest eternal happiness!!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2020, 09:40:55 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean and Brother Beacon! God's grace has power to cleanse us from all sin!! How few understand. Today's reading wants to enlighten us that not only does Christ's righteousness stand in place of our past sins and unknown sins (imputed righteousness), but more than this, His righteousness is conferred to us (imparted righteousness). Who can bring a clean out of an unclean thing? None can. We have no power in and of ourselves to cleanse us from our sin. But, it is clearly presented in Scripture as we read this morning, that Christ will not only forgive our sins, but will cleanse us from "all sin."

The work of Christ in cleansing the leper from his terrible disease is an illustration of His work in cleansing the soul from sin. The man who came to Jesus was "full of leprosy." Its deadly poison permeated his whole body. The disciples sought to prevent their Master from touching him; for he who touched a leper became himself unclean. But in laying His hand upon the leper, Jesus received no defilement. His touch imparted life-giving power. The leprosy was cleansed. Thus it is with the leprosy of sin,--deep-rooted, deadly, and impossible to be cleansed by human power. "The whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint. From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrefying sores." Isaiah 1:5, 6. But Jesus, coming to dwell in humanity, receives no pollution. His presence has healing virtue for the sinner. Whoever will fall at His feet, saying in faith, "Lord, if Thou wilt, Thou canst make me clean," shall hear the answer, "I will; be thou made clean." Matthew 8:2, 3, R. V. 

Conversion is the end of a long protracted process of wooing by the Holy Spirit. When we come to the point of wanting to be forgiven and cleansed from sin, God does not wait to answer this prayer. As with Saul when he prayed "O wretched man that I am, who will deliver me from the body of this sin?" God answers this prayer then, for there is nothing more required from the sinner than to truly want to be transformed from sinner to saint. As Pastor Sean has quoted, the healing of the soul comes then, not later.

When we pray for earthly blessings, the answer to our prayer may be delayed, or God may give us something other than we ask, but not so when we ask for deliverance from sin. It is His will to cleanse us from sin, to make us His children, and to enable us to live a holy life. Christ "gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father." Galatians 1:4. And "this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him." 1 John 5:14, 15. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9.

Amen, amen, and amen!! This  happens when we are converted, not when probation closes for the world.

Dorine

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2020, 11:19:28 AM »
"Oh, wondrous love of Christ, stooping to heal the guilty and the afflicted! Divinity sorrowing over and soothing the ills of suffering humanity! Oh, marvelous power thus displayed to the children of men! Who can doubt the message of salvation? Who can slight the mercies of a compassionate Redeemer?"

I pray that I will  never take for granted what God has done and continues to do for me. Most importantly is the spiritual healing that He brought to this broken soul at a time when I was far from Him and was at rock bottom. The only place to turn was up and He was there to instantly take my hand and lead me back into a loving relationship with Him. I have experienced the outpouring of His wondrous love and I can relate to the heart of the leper. Taste and see that the Lord is good.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2020, 05:09:29 AM »
Happy Sabbath!

We need COMPLETE healing--the kind of healing that the leper and the paralytic experienced that went beyond the physical to the very root problem: sin. We need a Savior who can transform our characters from selfishness to holiness, from fear and unbelief to love and faith, and Christ is the only one who can do this for our souls! As we look to Him in simple faith, taking His hand and trusting Him implicitly upon the evidence of His word, we can receive His promise of a "new heart" (Ezekiel 36:26) that is filled with all of the fruits of the Spirit--without one trait of His divine nature missing as we experience continual union and communion with Him!

"The paralytic found in Christ healing for both the soul and the body. The spiritual healing was followed by physical restoration. This lesson should not be overlooked. There are today thousands suffering from physical disease, who, like the paralytic, are longing for the message, "Thy sins are forgiven." The burden of sin, with its unrest and unsatisfied desires, is the foundation of their maladies. They can find no relief until they come to the Healer of the soul. The peace which He alone can give, would impart vigor to the mind, and health to the body." {The Desire of Ages, page 270, paragraph 1}

Let us look above our daily perplexities and difficulties and keep our eyes of faith steadfastly fixed on Christ. He has power to save the uttermost all who come unto God by Him!

Dorine

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2020, 05:26:58 AM »
"The Pharisees were dumb with amazement and overwhelmed with defeat. They saw that here was no opportunity for their jealousy to inflame the multitude. The wonderful work wrought upon the man whom they had given over to the wrath of God had so impressed the people that the rabbis were for the time forgotten. They saw that Christ possessed a power which they had ascribed to God alone; yet the gentle dignity of His manner was in marked contrast to their own haughty bearing. They were disconcerted and abashed, recognizing, but not confessing, the presence of a superior being. The stronger the evidence that Jesus had power on earth to forgive sins, the more firmly they entrenched themselves in unbelief. From the home of Peter, where they had seen the paralytic restored by His word, they went away to invent new schemes for silencing the Son of God."

This is what sin does. When this is truly understood we will not see how close we can go to the edge without falling but staying as far away from it as possible. Jesus will keep a surrendered heart from falling. We fall because we take our eyes off Jesus. It is then so easy to drift or slide backwards. We read much about the ugly sins of the leaders of Jerusalem and may be tempted to think we are ok. But ANY known sin that we yield to no matter how small it seems will keep us out of the kingdom. It is dangerous to compare ourselves to others. God is calling His people to higher ground. Time is running out. May we know and have full assurance that all is right between us and God. May we be sharing the blessed hope with others.

Beacon

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2020, 07:15:37 AM »
"Every act of Christ's ministry was far-reaching in its purpose. It comprehended more than appeared in the act itself. So in the case of the leper. While Jesus ministered to all who came unto Him, He yearned to bless those who came not. While He drew the publicans, the heathen, and the Samaritans, He longed to reach the priests and teachers who were shut in by prejudice and tradition."[

"The priests were convinced of the divine power of the Saviour. Opportunity was granted them to know the truth and to be profited by the light. Rejected, it would pass away, never to return. By many the light was rejected; yet it was not given in vain. Many hearts were moved that for a time made no sign. During the Saviour's life, His mission seemed to call forth little response of love from the priests and teachers; but after His ascension "a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith." Acts 6:7.

The Invitation is still extended: "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

Today Jesus is still knocking at the door of our heart's. We may know " Of Him "   But have we surrendered to the point of  "Obedience" ?

HAPPY SABBATH - WE MAY BE ISOLATED ON EARTH - BUT WE ARE NOT ISOLATED FROM JESUS

Beacon

« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2020, 04:38:10 AM »
"In the home of the healed paralytic there was great rejoicing when he returned to his family, carrying with ease the couch upon which he had been slowly borne from their presence but a short time before. They gathered round with tears of joy, scarcely daring to believe their eyes. He stood before them in the full vigor of manhood. Those arms that they had seen lifeless were quick to obey his will. The flesh that had been shrunken and leaden-hued was now fresh and ruddy. He walked with a firm, free step."

I am reminded of that wonderful text that says... in Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. We are invited to come to Jesus just as we are confessing our great need and seeking His forgiveness - No One will be turned away.

"Joy and hope were written in every lineament of his countenance; and an expression of purity and peace had taken the place of the marks of sin and suffering. Glad thanksgiving went up from that home, and God was glorified through His Son, who had restored hope to the hopeless, and strength to the stricken one. This man and his family were ready to lay down their lives for Jesus. No doubt dimmed their faith, no unbelief marred their fealty to Him who had brought light into their darkened home."

Today, this same Jesus says to us in Matthew 11:28 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Regardless of whether it's Physical or Spiritual healing that we are in need of or perhaps " both " Jesus invites us to come and offer up our petitions to the throne of grace always remembering that the answer will come in the best manner possible to insure a closer walk with Him.

Dorine

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2020, 04:47:07 AM »
Jesus came to "destroy the works of the devil." "In Him was life," and He says, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." He is "a quickening spirit." 1 John 3:8; John 1:4; 10:10; 1 Corinthians 15:45. And He still has the same life-giving power as when on earth He healed the sick, and spoke forgiveness to the sinner. He "forgiveth all thine iniquities," He "healeth all thy diseases." Psalm 103:3.   

God has given us natural remedies to use in cases of illness. Sometimes though I feel that as important as these are more emphasis is put on the remedies than on the healing power of God. If we have unconfessed sins weighing us down, we will not enjoy 'full' health no matter how diligent we are at using all the natural remedies at our disposal.

As we come to Jesus each morning in surrender of self, and walking with Him throughout the day, we may have full assurance that our sins are forgiven. Then putting the natural remedies to work will bring vigor and strength to our physical health and joy and peace to our spiritual health. What a marvelous God we serve.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2020, 06:19:12 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

Let us remember that when God answers prayer, it is always in the best way and the best time. But when we truly come to Christ in full surrender and repent of sin, confessing and forsaking it, we can know that God pardons IMMEDIATELY! What a blessing to know that sin need not weigh us down as we come to Christ who has power to forgive sin and restore us to His moral image! Then in the life surrendered totally to Christ, we may enjoy the experience of having all of the fruits of the Sprit in our lives without one missing as we gladly obey God's law of love from the heart and mind renewed by divine grace!

"In some instances of healing, Jesus did not at once grant the blessing sought. But in the case of leprosy, no sooner was the appeal made than it was granted. When we pray for earthly blessings, the answer to our prayer may be delayed, or God may give us something other than we ask, but not so when we ask for deliverance from sin. It is His will to cleanse us from sin, to make us His children, and to enable us to live a holy life. Christ 'gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father.' Galatians 1:4. And 'this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.' 1 John 5:14, 15. 'If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.' 1 John 1:9." {The Desire of Ages, page 266, paragraph 2}

Let us remember how much God loves us this entire day and cultivate the intimacy that He is seeking with us. Only sin separates us from God (Isaiah 59:2), and He desires us to have nothing between our souls and Him! May we walk with God even as Enoch did, and as the healed paralytic and healed leper walked in the joy of total restoration!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2020, 04:31:30 AM »
Let's allow God to choose for us in every area of life--but know that He will ALWAYS forgive our sins IMMEDIATELY! In all other areas of prayer, we can trust that He will provide what is best in His best timing, for He makes everything beautiful in Him time. The converted soul renewed by divine grace, cleansed from sin like the healed leper or the restored paralytic, will have a testimony of what God's grace can do! Grace changes sinners into saints who by faith lay hold of Christ's merits and, reconciled to God, will manifest what their souls united to Him will inevitably manifest--all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in affectionate obedience to all of God's commandments to the extent that they are known at that point in the perfection of Christ appropriated to the soul!

Do not doubt that if you confess your sins to God in true repentance that He forgives you, for repentance is the power of God to confess sin. He delights to restore us FULLY to His image and to remove the only thing that separates us from Him--sin. He does so by giving us a new heart and a new mind, and thus a new will (the power of decision, or choice) that He sanctifies from the hereditary and cultivated tendency to unbelief as we accept what His word says over our feelings and walk where His providence directs!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2020, 08:18:44 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean!!  If we will believe what we read, then the gospel message will be made more plain. For example, the persecutor from Tarsus got to the point in his life that he would give anything, not be healed of physical disease, but to be healed from sin. Do we agree that when he got to that point when he saw he was a captive to sin and saw that the broken law which was ordained to life in fact killed him spiritually. He saw that the law reached beyond outward actions to the intent of the heart. He saw himself condemned even though for most of his life he believed he was blameless in regards to the keeping of the law. So, if Saul were to pray a prayer such as "O wretched man that I am, who shall deliver me from this body of death" how long would he have to wait to be healed from sin? He learned that the sin was in his flesh and that he could not keep the law from the heart. What a miserable condition to be in, unlike the Laodicean condition where one is condemned and in a lost condition, but knows it not. Saul knew he was in a lost condition and none had helped him. Did it take a year for him to be cleansed from sin? Did it take a month, or a day? How can we know? Do you believe Scripture? What does the Bible say? We all know the verses, but few really  believe them, therefore many do not even think they can be cleansed from all sin, much less immediately.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleans us from all unrighteousness." Maybe I translated this wrong? Then what does the Spirit of Prophecy say about how  long it takes to cleanse from sin when one reaches the point of wanting to be cleansed more than anything else?

"In some instances of healing, Jesus did not at once grant the blessing sought. But in the case of leprosy, no sooner was the appeal made than it was granted. When we pray for earthly blessings, the answer to our prayer may be delayed, or God may give us something other than we ask, but not so when we ask for deliverance from sin. It is His will to cleanse us from sin, to make us His children, and to enable us to live a holy life. Christ 'gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father.' Galatians 1:4. And 'this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us: and if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.' 1 John 5:14, 15. 'If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.' 1 John 1:9.

Then when Saul prayed the prayer asking to be delivered from sin, how long did God wait to cleanse him? It was immediate that Saul was converted and forgiven of his sins, cleansed from all unrighteousness. When was Saul converted? Then we know when he prayed that prayer which we find at the close of Romans 7.