Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--25--The Call by the Sea  (Read 15452 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--25--The Call by the Sea
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2021, 07:02:25 AM »
"Jesus chose unlearned fishermen because they had not been schooled in the traditions and erroneous customs of their time. They were men of native ability, and they were humble and teachable,--men whom He could educate for His work. In the common walks of life there is many a man patiently treading the round of daily toil, unconscious that he possesses powers which, if called into action, would raise him to an equality with the world's most honored men. The touch of a skillful hand is needed to arouse those dormant faculties. It was such men that Jesus called to be His co-laborers; and He gave them the advantage of association with Himself."

"They had become like Him in mind and character, and men took knowledge of them that they had been with Jesus."

"In the apostles of our Lord there was nothing to bring glory to themselves. It was evident that the success of their labors was due only to God. The lives of these men, the characters they developed, and the mighty work that God wrought through them, are a testimony to what He will do for all who are teachable and obedient."

"He who loves Christ the most will do the greatest amount of good."

"During that sad night on the lake, when they were separated from Christ, the disciples were pressed hard by unbelief, and weary with fruitless toil. But His presence kindled their faith, and brought them joy and success."

"So it is with us; apart from Christ, our work is fruitless, and it is easy to distrust and murmur.

But when He is near, and we labor under His direction, we rejoice in the evidence of His power."

Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2021, 09:06:30 PM »
We are in unity of Spirit and doctrine. If we will cling to Jesus, we can move mountains if God wants us to! When we know Him as it is our privilege to know Him, we shall love Him as Peter did when he would not let Him go. We remember it was Jacob that refused to let Him go also.

Peter exclaimed, "Depart from me; for I am a sinful man;" yet he clung to the feet of Jesus, feeling that he could not be parted from Him. The Saviour answered, "Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men." It was after Isaiah had beheld the holiness of God and his own unworthiness that he was entrusted with the divine message. It was after Peter had been led to self-renunciation and dependence upon divine power that he received the call to his work for Christ.

Let us renounce self that we might be about our Father's business!

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2021, 04:48:07 AM »
"In the apostles of our Lord there was nothing to bring glory to themselves. It was evident that the success of their labors was due only to God. The lives of these men, the characters they developed, and the mighty work that God wrought through them, are a testimony to what He will do for all who are teachable and obedient."

We have all the evidence needed to have complete trust in Jesus. Like Peter and other bible characters we should fall at the feet of Jesus daily recognizing our sinful natures compared to the ultimate purity of Jesus and although feeling totally unworthy of His grace we hang on to Him tightly realizing our great need of Him.  Then we will be ready for Jesus to make us successful fishers of men by His power. We must let down the net but He controls the results.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2021, 05:52:49 AM »
"Jesus chose unlearned fishermen because they had not been schooled in the traditions and erroneous customs of their time."

"They were men of native ability, and they were humble and teachable,--men whom He could educate for His work. In the common walks of life there is many a man patiently treading the round of daily toil, unconscious that he possesses powers which, if called into action, would raise him to an equality with the world's most honored men."

"The touch of a skillful hand is needed to arouse those dormant faculties."

"It was such men that Jesus called to be His colaborers; and He gave them the advantage of association with Himself.  Never had the world's great men such a teacher. When the disciples came forth from the Saviour's training, they were no longer ignorant and uncultured.

"They had become like Him in mind and character, and men took knowledge of them that they had been with Jesus. In the apostles of our Lord there was nothing to bring glory to themselves. It was evident that the success of their labors was due only to God."

"The lives of these men, the characters they developed, and the mighty work that God wrought through them, are a testimony to what He will do for all who are teachable and obedient."

According to Bible Prophecy we are now living in the "Time of the End" and God is looking for and needing men & women to proclaim with Holy Boldness earth's last warning message. The question we need to ask ourselves is...Are we willing to be teachable and obedient messengers for Jesus the One who went to Calvary for us?

Philip T

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2021, 08:30:04 AM »
   But Peter was unmindful now of boats or lading. This miracle, above any other he had ever witnessed, was to him a manifestation of divine power. In Jesus he saw One who held all nature under His control. The presence of divinity revealed his own unholiness. Love for his Master, shame for his own unbelief, gratitude for the condescension of Christ, above all, the sense of his uncleanness in the presence of infinite purity, overwhelmed him. While his companions were securing the contents of the net, Peter fell at the Saviour's feet, exclaiming, "Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord."

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2021, 01:29:16 PM »
Praise the Lord for these posts!!

Let God use you just as you are as you let Him change you into the image of who He is--selfless love!

"God takes men as they are, and educates them for His service, if they will yield themselves to Him. The Spirit of God, received into the soul, will quicken all its faculties. Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the mind that is devoted unreservedly to God develops harmoniously, and is strengthened to comprehend and fulfill the requirements of God. The weak, vacillating character becomes changed to one of strength and steadfastness. Continual devotion establishes so close a relation between Jesus and His disciple that the Christian becomes like Him in mind and character. Through a connection with Christ he will have clearer and broader views. His discernment will be more penetrative, his judgment better balanced. He who longs to be of service to Christ is so quickened by the life-giving power of the Sun of Righteousness that he is enabled to bear much fruit to the glory of God." {The Desire of Ages, page 251, paragraph 1}

May you rejoice in Jesus constantly! He knows what is best for your life! Surrender all to Him and He will guide you continually!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2021, 09:55:57 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean, precisely my thoughts!!

Is it not amazing any more that we are truly understanding  what the Holy Spirit is speaking to us? I am not amazed any more. I expect that you all are being taught by God, not by man. God will empower us to give honor and glory to Him if we will give Him the whole heart. How do we give honor and glory to God? We manifest His character no matter what others may say. This is our great desire, to vindicate His character of love and justice. Have a blessed Sabbath to all who take time to read in this forum where we are learning daily more and more of the character of our Savior and His (and our) heavenly Father.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2021, 11:36:22 PM »
"Never had the world's great men such a teacher. When the disciples came forth from the Saviour's training, they were no longer ignorant and uncultured ."

"They had become like Him in mind and character, and men took knowledge of them that they had been with Jesus. In the apostles of our Lord there was nothing to bring glory to themselves."

"It was evident that the success of their labors was due only to God."

"The lives of these men, the characters they developed, and the mighty work that God wrought through them, are a testimony to what He will do for all who are teachable and obedient."

According to Bible Prophecy we are now living in the "Time of the End" and God is looking for and needing men & women to proclaim with Holy Boldness earth's last warning message. The question we need to ask ourselves is...Are we willing to be teachable and obedient messengers for Jesus the One who went to Calvary for us?

May this song below be "Our Prayer".

"Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
For me, You were mocked and crucified;
For me, willingly You bled and died.
Lord, my life and love I willingly outpour
And will serve You evermore.
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2021, 05:39:03 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Praise the Lord for God's grace! What would life be like without grace? Without grace, we would perish! Oh, what wondrous love in how Jesus takes us as we are but does not leave us the way He finds us! As we behold the loveliness of His character, we can rejoice to surrender fully to Him and be truly converted, so that all of the fruits of the Spirit without on missing will be in our lives! Then we can truly affectionately obey God as He invites us to in His law because He first loved us!

"God takes men as they are, and educates them for His service, if they will yield themselves to Him. The Spirit of God, received into the soul, will quicken all its faculties. Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the mind that is devoted unreservedly to God develops harmoniously, and is strengthened to comprehend and fulfill the requirements of God. The weak, vacillating character becomes changed to one of strength and steadfastness. Continual devotion establishes so close a relation between Jesus and His disciple that the Christian becomes like Him in mind and character. Through a connection with Christ he will have clearer and broader views. His discernment will be more penetrative, his judgment better balanced. He who longs to be of service to Christ is so quickened by the life-giving power of the Sun of Righteousness that he is enabled to bear much fruit to the glory of God." {The Desire of Ages, page 251, paragraph 1}

Jesus will bear much fruit through us--not just our characters reflecting Him, but others coming to Christ in true conversion! May you let others see Jesus at work in your heart and life today by the power of the Holy Spirit!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2021, 07:14:22 AM »
"He who loves Christ the most will do the greatest amount of good. There is no limit to the usefulness of one who, by putting self aside, makes room for the working of the Holy Spirit upon his heart, and lives a life wholly consecrated to God. If men will endure the necessary discipline, without complaining or fainting by the way, God will teach them hour by hour, and day by day. He longs to reveal His grace. If His people will remove the obstructions, He will pour forth the waters of salvation in abundant streams through the human channels. If men in humble life were encouraged to do all the good they could do, if restraining hands were not laid upon them to repress their zeal, there would be a hundred workers for Christ where now there is one."

This chapter is full of promises that will inspire all who believe to trust our Lord completely. We are so blessed and privileged to be partakers of His divine nature. When we like Peter realize our own helpless, unworthy condition compared to the perfect life of Jesus we too will fall at His feet in humble surrender and gratitude. I am truly blessed this morning through the reading of this chapter again. To be taught by Jesus is the highest form of education for this world and the next.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2021, 09:08:00 PM »
Amen my dear friends! God loves us and by His grace give us power to reflect His character. What a miracle!! And, He is bringing us into not only unity of Spirit, but unity of doctrine!

In the apostles of our Lord there was nothing to bring glory to themselves. It was evident that the success of their labors was due only to God. The lives of these men, the characters they developed, and the mighty work that God wrought through them, are a testimony to what He will do for all who are teachable and obedient.  {DA 250.3}
     He who loves Christ the most will do the greatest amount of good. There is no limit to the usefulness of one who, by putting self aside, makes room for the working of the Holy Spirit upon his heart, and lives a life wholly consecrated to God. If men will endure the necessary discipline, without complaining or fainting by the way, God will teach them hour by hour, and day by day. He longs to reveal His grace. If His people will remove the obstructions, He will pour forth the waters of salvation in abundant streams through the human channels. If men in humble life were encouraged to do all the good they could do, if restraining hands were not laid upon them to repress their zeal, there would be a hundred workers for Christ where now there is one.

Beacon

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2022, 08:14:14 PM »
"Never had the world's great men such a teacher. When the disciples came forth from the Saviour's training, they were no longer ignorant and uncultured ."

"The mind that is devoted unreservedly to God develops harmoniously, and is strengthened to comprehend and fulfill the requirements of God."

"The weak, vacillating character becomes changed to one of strength and steadfastness."

"Continual devotion establishes so close a relation between Jesus and His disciple that the Christian becomes like Him in mind and character."

"Through a connection with Christ he will have clearer and broader views. His discernment will be more penetrative, his judgment better balanced."

"He who longs to be of service to Christ is so quickened by the life-giving power of the Sun of Righteousness that he is enabled to bear much fruit to the glory of God."

The "CALL BY THE SEA" Is still being made to each of us in our current generation. Our daily prayers should express, with humility, the wonderful privilege extended to each of us, to be called upon by our Saviour to extend to those who have not heard "THE GOOD NEWS " about God's Wonderful Forgiving and Empowering Love and Grace. Will you join with me in saying.. Here Am I Lord - Send Me?  

Earthly pleasures vainly call me,
  I would be like Jesus;
Nothing worldly shall enthrall me,
  I would be like Jesus.
    Be like Jesus, this my song,
  In the home and in the throng;
Be like Jesus, all day long!
    I would be like Jesus.
He has broken every fetter,
  I would be like Jesus;
That my soul may serve Him better,
  I would be like Jesus.
All the way from earth to glory,
  I would be like Jesus;
Telling o’er and o’er the story,
  I would be like Jesus.

Lyrics:James Rowe (1866-1933)
Music:Bentley DeForest Ackley (1872-1958)

Dorine

« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2022, 05:16:29 AM »
"Beside the throng on the shores of Gennesaret, Jesus in His sermon by the sea had other audiences before His mind. Looking down the ages, He saw His faithful ones in prison and judgment hall, in temptation and loneliness and affliction. Every scene of joy and conflict and perplexity was open before Him. In the words spoken to those gathered about Him, He was speaking also to these other souls the very words that would come to them as a message of hope in trial, of comfort in sorrow, and heavenly light in darkness. Through the Holy Spirit, that voice which was speaking from the fisherman's boat on the Sea of Galilee, would be heard speaking peace to human hearts to the close of time."

Oh such peace enters my heart as I read these words this morning. In His divinity He saw and knew you and me way back then. He knew our trials and temptations and as He spoke to the people on the shore that day He is also speaking to each of us. He wants us to know Him, trust Him, love Him and share what we have learned from the Master teacher. It's not alone what we say that will win hearts but it's how we live our life. Does it reflect the image of the One we represent?

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2022, 05:57:22 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!! Hallelujah for Jesus who is speaking to us today!!

Don’t look at yourself and give up! Look at your Savior, and look up! He sees infinite potential with your life! As you trust Him, surrender the whole heart to Hin, and live by grace through faith upon Him as an all-powerful Savior, He can transform you into His image and equip you for eternal service! The result of such a miraculous transformation of character is that all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in your life, and not one will be missing!

“God takes men as they are, and educates them for His service, if they will yield themselves to Him. The Spirit of God, received into the soul, will quicken all its faculties. Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the mind that is devoted unreservedly to God develops harmoniously, and is strengthened to comprehend and fulfill the requirements of God. The weak, vacillating character becomes changed to one of strength and steadfastness. Continual devotion establishes so close a relation between Jesus and His disciple that the Christian becomes like Him in mind and character. Through a connection with Christ he will have clearer and broader views. His discernment will be more penetrative, his judgment better balanced. He who longs to be of service to Christ is so quickened by the life-giving power of the Sun of Righteousness that he is enabled to bear much fruit to the glory of God.” {The Desire of Ages, page 251, paragraph 1}

Bearing much fruit to the glory of God—winning many souls to Jesus—there is no greater joy this side of heaven! May you today go forth by the power of the great commission, in consecrated service to Jesus! As our heavenly high priest, He is about to return as our victorious King! 😊🙏

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2022, 11:04:22 AM »
It is such a blessing to find my friends sharing the power of grace to transform us daily into the image of God. Why do I sound like a broken record? Because for 35 years I have not heard this coming from human lips.  Even today, I am surprised that after presenting the power of grace to transform sinners into saints, how difficult it is help others see this wonderful truth. Like Jesus in attempting to share with His disciples that the Lamb must suffer and die that they might live, too must be patient for many cannot bear too much at one time.

They were humble and unlearned men, those fishers of Galilee; but Christ, the light of the world, was abundantly able to qualify them for the position for which He had chosen them. The Saviour did not despise education; for when controlled by the love of God, and devoted to His service, intellectual culture is a blessing. But He passed by the wise men of His time, because they were so self-confident that they could not sympathize with suffering humanity, and become colaborers with the Man of Nazareth. In their bigotry they scorned to be taught by Christ. The Lord Jesus seeks the co-operation of those who will become unobstructed channels for the communication of His grace. The first thing to be learned by all who would become workers together with God is the lesson of self-distrust; then they are prepared to have imparted to them the character of Christ. This is not to be gained through education in the most scientific schools. It is the fruit of wisdom that is obtained from the divine Teacher alone.
     Jesus chose unlearned fishermen because they had not been schooled in the traditions and erroneous customs of their time. They were men of native ability, and they were humble and teachable,--men whom He could educate for His work. In the common walks of life there is many a man patiently treading the round of daily toil, unconscious that he possesses powers which, if called into action, would raise him to an equality with the world's most honored men. The touch of a skillful hand is needed to arouse those dormant faculties. It was such men that Jesus called to be His colaborers; and He gave them the advantage of association with Himself. Never had the world's great men such a teacher. When the disciples came forth from the Saviour's training, they were no longer ignorant and uncultured. They had become like Him in mind and character, and men took knowledge of them that they had been with Jesus.

Yes, their character was changed, His character was "imparted" to them. Such a miracle!!

Beacon

« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2022, 08:02:34 PM »
"The first thing to be learned by all who would become workers together with God is the lesson of self-distrust; then they are prepared to have imparted to them the character of Christ."

"This is not to be gained through education in the most scientific schools."

"It is the fruit of wisdom that is obtained from the divine Teacher alone."

"Jesus chose unlearned fishermen because they had not been schooled in the traditions and erroneous customs of their time. They were men of native ability, and they were humble and teachable,--men whom He could educate for His work."

"In the common walks of life there is many a man patiently treading the round of daily toil, unconscious that he possesses powers which, if called into action, would raise him to an equality with the world's most honored men.""

"It was such men that Jesus called to be His colaborers; and He gave them the advantage of association with Himself."

"Never had the world's great men such a teacher."

Is it your desire and mine to be co-laborers with Jesus? To be empowered by the Holy Spirit, and to proclaim God's Final Message of Invitation, before the door of mercy will forever closed?

"NOW IS THE TIME " TO STAND -UP FOR JESUS!  AS TRUE SOLDIERS OF THE CROSS "

==================
Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
  Ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner,
  It must not suffer loss:
From vict’ry unto vict’ry
  His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished
  And Christ is Lord indeed.
    Stand up for Jesus
Ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner,
  It must not, it must not suffer loss.
  The trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict
  In this His glorious day.
Ye that are men, now serve Him
  Against unnumbered foes;
Let courage rise with danger.
  And strength to strength oppose.
  Stand in His strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you;
  Ye dare not trust your own.
Put on the Gospel armor,
  And, watching unto prayer,
Where duty calls, or danger,
  Be never wanting there.
  The strife will not be long:
This day the noise of battle,
  The next the victor’s song;
To him that overcometh
  A crown of life shall be;
He, with the King of glory,
  Shall reign eternally.

Lyrics:George Duffield (1818-1888)
Music:Adam Geibel (1855-1933)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2022, 07:30:41 AM »
Amen my dear brother! If we wish to be teachers, we must first be good students taught by Jesus Himself. Such a privilege!  Jesus wants to give us a character like His.

God takes men as they are, and educates them for His service, if they will yield themselves to Him. The Spirit of God, received into the soul, will quicken all its faculties. Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the mind that is devoted unreservedly to God develops harmoniously, and is strengthened to comprehend and fulfill the requirements of God. The weak, vacillating character becomes changed to one of strength and steadfastness. Continual devotion establishes so close a relation between Jesus and His disciple that the Christian becomes like Him in mind and character. Through a connection with Christ he will have clearer and broader views. His discernment will be more penetrative, his judgment better balanced. He who longs to be of service to Christ is so quickened by the life-giving power of the Sun of Righteousness that he is enabled to bear much fruit to the glory of God. 

Beacon

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2022, 08:00:16 PM »
"The first thing to be learned by all who would become workers together with God is the lesson of self-distrust."

"Then they are prepared to have imparted to them the character of Christ."

"This is not to be gained through education in the most scientific schools."

"They were men of native ability, and they were humble and teachable."

Men whom He could educate for His work.

"In the common walks of life there is many a man patiently treading the round of daily toil, unconscious that he possesses powers which, if called into action, would raise him to an equality with the world's most honored men."

"It was such men that Jesus called to be His co-laborers."

"He gave them the advantage of association with Himself."

"Never had the world's great men such a teacher."

"When the disciples came forth from the Saviour's training, they were no longer ignorant and uncultured. They had become like Him in mind and character, and men took knowledge of them that they had been with Jesus."

"Now they were enabled to bear much fruit to the glory of God."

"The first thing to be learned by all who would become workers together with God is the lesson of self-distrust; then they are prepared to have imparted to them the character of Christ. This is not to be gained through education in the most scientific schools."

"They were men of native ability, and they were humble and teachable,--men whom He could educate for His work. In the common walks of life there is many a man patiently treading the round of daily toil, unconscious that he possesses powers which, if called into action, would raise him to an equality with the world's most honored men.

"Never had the world's great men such a teacher. "

"When the disciples came forth from the Saviour's training, they were no longer ignorant and uncultured. They had become like Him in mind and character, and men took knowledge of them that they had been with Jesus."

Could it not also be said of us today?  "If We Were Willing"  to spend at least one hour a day of our time with Jesus? Remember my dear brothers and sisters in Jesus..He who fails to prepare, prepares to fail. We must not let the things of this world crowed out our time with Jesus. "Jesus said..." Without Me Ye Can Do Nothing."

=============================

Work, for the night is coming,
Work through the morning hours;
Work while the dew is sparkling,
Work ’mid springing flowers;
Work when the day grows brighter,
Work in the glowing sun;
When man’s work is done.
Work through the sunny noon;
Fill brightest hours with labor,
Rest comes sure and soon.
Give every flying minute,
Something to keep in store;
When man works no more.
Under the sunset skies;
While their bright tints are glowing,
Work, for daylight flies.
Work till the last beam fadeth,
Fadeth to shine no more;
Work, while the night is darkening,
When man’s work is o’er.

Lyrics:Anna Louisa Walker Coghill (1836-1907)
Music:Lowell Mason (1792-1872)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2022, 04:41:13 AM »
Praise the Lord, and amen, Brother Beacon!!

When you go through a difficult season, remember who is right there to help you look up--it is Jesus!! He desires to inspire your heart with faith, hope and love and empower you to do more than you thought was possible because the Holy Spirit will imbue your soul with His very divine nature!! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be in your life and character as long as you stay connected to the Source of life--Jesus Christ and Him crucified!! Then affectionate obedience becomes the focus of life--to do as much as possible in harmony with the present truth for this time (proclaiming the three angels' messages while living in preparation for translation)!

"During that sad night on the lake, when they were separated from Christ, the disciples were pressed hard by unbelief, and weary with fruitless toil. But His presence kindled their faith, and brought them joy and success. So it is with us; apart from Christ, our work is fruitless, and it is easy to distrust and murmur. But when He is near, and we labor under His direction, we rejoice in the evidence of His power. It is Satan's work to discourage the soul; it is Christ's work to inspire with faith and hope." {The Desire of Ages, page 249, paragraph 2} 

Don't listen to Satan who wants you to stay away from Christ because of your past sins. Look up to Christ and move forward in faith in His providential leadings!! Jesus has great plans for you that will glorify His name and clothe you in humility!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2022, 09:14:59 AM »
What amazing truth is revealed in this chapter!!  The subject? How Christ develops character in those who love the Lord our God with the whole heart. My brothers have shared how they have seen this. I liked this:

God takes men as they are, and educates them for His service, if they will yield themselves to Him. The Spirit of God, received into the soul, will quicken all its faculties. Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the mind that is devoted unreservedly to God develops harmoniously, and is strengthened to comprehend and fulfill the requirements of God. The weak, vacillating character becomes changed to one of strength and steadfastness. Continual devotion establishes so close a relation between Jesus and His disciple that the Christian becomes like Him in mind and character. Through a connection with Christ he will have clearer and broader views. His discernment will be more penetrative, his judgment better balanced. He who longs to be of service to Christ is so quickened by the life-giving power of the Sun of Righteousness that he is enabled to bear much fruit to the glory of God. 

There is no reason to be discouraged. Jesus is inspiring us to love and follow Him!