Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--24--"Is Not This the Carpenter's Son?"  (Read 15616 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--24--"Is Not This the Carpenter's Son?"
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2022, 04:09:45 AM »
Happy Sabbath! Let us allow the light of Christ shining from His loveliness to thoroughly convert our hearts and motivate us to live up to all the light He has revealed even as we abide in Him in true surrendered conversion whereby all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in our lives without one missing!

"Our standing before God depends, not upon the amount of light we have received, but upon the use we make of what we have. Thus even the heathen who choose the right as far as they can distinguish it are in a more favorable condition than are those who have had great light, and profess to serve God, but who disregard the light, and by their daily life contradict their profession." {The Desire of Ages, page 239, paragraph 2} 

May we walk in the true consistency as we grow in God's amazing grace, truth and faithfulness! God bless you in living the law of love by the power of the indwelling Christ, who will abide in every truly converted soul as "the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27).
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2022, 05:24:42 AM »
"But it was not simply the absence of outward glory in His life that led the Jews to reject Jesus. He was the embodiment of purity, and they were impure. He dwelt among men an example of spotless integrity. His blameless life flashed light upon their hearts. His sincerity revealed their insincerity. It made manifest the hollowness of their pretentious piety, and discovered iniquity to them in its odious character. Such a light was unwelcome."  {DA 243.1}

It is no different today. When you enter a dark room and turn on the light the darkness disappears. Those living in the darkness of their sins can not tolerate being in the presence of Jesus. They flee or they attempt to destroy the influence of the light. As we reflect the character of Jesus there will be those who will hate us just as Jesus was hated but we are not to be distracted by the works of the enemy. We are sent to find those whose hearts yearn for a better way and will accept the beautiful plan of salvation presented to them.

But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2022, 07:40:17 AM »
Amen Sister Dorine!   Jesus wants us to be that light in the room. We are to be lights set on a hill that others might know Him in whose service we are. Some who hate the light will want to do to us as they  attempted to do to Jesus.

When Jesus referred to the blessings given to the Gentiles, the fierce national pride of His hearers was aroused, and His words were drowned in a tumult of voices. These people had prided themselves on keeping the law; but now that their prejudices were offended, they were ready to commit murder. The assembly broke up, and laying hands upon Jesus, they thrust Him from the synagogue, and out of the city. All seemed eager for His destruction. They hurried Him to the brow of a precipice, intending to cast Him down headlong. Shouts and maledictions filled the air. Some were casting stones at Him, when suddenly He disappeared from among them. The heavenly messengers who had been by His side in the synagogue were with Him in the midst of that maddened throng. They shut Him in from His enemies, and conducted Him to a place of safety. 

As Pastor Sean has shared, in order to be a shining light in the world, we must be truly converted by the power of God's grace.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2022, 08:09:25 PM »
"As they ( the People and Leaders of Israel ) opened the door to doubt, their hearts became so much the harder for having been momentarily softened.

"Satan was determined that blind eyes should not that day be opened, nor souls bound in slavery be set at liberty."

"With intense energy he worked to fasten them in unbelief."

"They made of no account the sign already given, when they had been stirred by the conviction that it was their Redeemer who addressed them."

They were stirred by "Conviction" that it was Their Redeemer who addressed them yet they did not yield to the calling of Grace, Mercy & Forgiveness. It is a Very Serious thing to Reject the call of the Holy Spirit for we know not what tomorrow may bring and we may never have that same conviction again.

Won't you come today while the door of mercy & grace is still open?

The Bible Says in Ezekiel 33:11  "Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

=======================

I’ve wandered far away from God,
  Now I’m coming home;
The paths of sin too long I’ve trod,
  Lord, I’m coming home.
    Coming home, coming home,
  Nevermore to roam;
Open wide Thine arms of love;
    Lord, I’m coming home.
I’ve wasted many precious years,
  Now I’m coming home;
I now repent with bitter tears,
  Lord, I’m coming home.
I’m tired of sin and straying, Lord,
  Now I’m coming home;
I’ll trust Thy love, believe Thy word;
  Lord, I’m coming home.
My soul is sick, my heart is sore,
  Now I’m coming home;
My strength renew, my hope restore:
  Lord, I’m coming home.
My only hope, my only plea,
  Now I’m coming home;
That Jesus died, and died for me;
  Lord, I’m coming home.
I need His cleansing blood, I know,
  Now I’m coming home;
O wash me whiter than the snow;
  Lord, I’m coming home.

Lyrics:William James Kirkpatrick (1838-1921)
Music:William James Kirkpatrick (1838-1921)
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2022, 04:55:47 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

If it happened at the time of Christ, it can surely happen again. Prejudice, unbelief and misunderstanding can blind hearts and minds to the truth for this time so that it become nearly impossible for many to discern it. But we can look to God's word in sincerity for ourselves and let the Holy Spirit interpret spiritual things to us so we can walk humbly in truth with all of the fruits of the Spirit in the life like Jesus did. Let us walk even as He walked though many errors abound in our time, too.

"Because their understanding was darkened by selfish prejudice, they could not harmonize the power of Christ's convicting words with the humility of His life. They did not appreciate the fact that real greatness can dispense with outward show. This Man's poverty seemed wholly inconsistent with His claim to be the Messiah. They questioned, If He was what He claimed to be, why was He so unpretending? If He was satisfied to be without the force of arms, what would become of their nation? How could the power and glory so long anticipated bring the nations as subjects to the city of the Jews? Had not the priests taught that Israel was to bear rule over all the earth? and could it be possible that the great religious teachers were in error?" {The Desire of Ages, page 242, paragraph 3}
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2022, 06:01:28 AM »
Again as they listened to His words the Nazarenes were moved by the Divine Spirit. But even now they would not admit that this Man, who had been brought up among them, was other or greater than themselves. Still there rankled the bitter memory that while He had claimed for Himself to be the Promised One, He had really denied them a place with Israel; for He had shown them to be less worthy of God's favor than a heathen man and woman. Hence though they questioned, "Whence hath this Man this wisdom, and these mighty works?" they would not receive Him as the Christ of God. Because of their unbelief, the Saviour could not work many miracles among them. Only a few hearts were open to His blessing, and reluctantly He departed, never to return.

When hearts are so full of self and unbelief and the Holy Spirit is continually rejected, He eventually must leave because the heart has closed all doors to all invitations of the Holy Spirit. This is called the unpardonable sin; the only sin that can not be forgiven. Never let pride and unbelief take control. Keep looking up, beholding the graciousness of Jesus as He hangs on the cross for your sins and mine that we may have eternal life. Not out of curiosity do we look but with open hearts realizing our sinfulness and great need of a sin pardoning Saviour. How can anyone spurn such love.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2022, 06:53:51 AM »
It is such a blessing to see others sharing the things that the Holy Spirit has impressed upon my mind! Your posts are truths that I considered sharing also.  :)  The Spirit is bringing His church into unity of doctrine! He is opening the door of truth to all who are searching and praying for it. Jesus longs for us to want the truth.

Oh, how Christ longed to open to Israel the precious treasures of the truth! But such was their spiritual blindness that it was impossible to reveal to them the truths relating to His kingdom. They clung to their creed and their useless ceremonies when the truth of Heaven awaited their acceptance. They spent their money for chaff and husks, when the bread of life was within their reach. Why did they not go to the word of God, and search diligently to know whether they were in error? The Old Testament Scriptures stated plainly every detail of Christ's ministry, and again and again He quoted from the prophets, and declared, "This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears." If they had honestly searched the Scriptures, bringing their theories to the test of God's word, Jesus need not have wept over their impenitence. He need not have declared, "Behold, your house is left unto you desolate." Luke 13:35. They might have been acquainted with the evidence of His Messiahship, and the calamity that laid their proud city in ruins might have been averted. But the minds of the Jews had become narrowed by their unreasoning bigotry. The lessons of Christ revealed their deficiencies of character, and demanded repentance. If they accepted His teachings, their practices must be changed, and their cherished hopes relinquished. In order to be honored by Heaven, they must sacrifice the honor of men. If they obeyed the words of this new rabbi, they must go contrary to the opinions of the great thinkers and teachers of the time.

As it was then, so it is today:

Truth was unpopular in Christ's day. It is unpopular in our day. It has been unpopular ever since Satan first gave man a disrelish for it by presenting fables that lead to self-exaltation. Do we not today meet theories and doctrines that have no foundation in the word of God? Men cling as tenaciously to them as did the Jews to their traditions. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2022, 08:16:43 PM »
"The Old Testament Scriptures stated plainly every detail of Christ's ministry"

"If they had honestly searched the Scriptures, bringing their theories to the test of God's word, Jesus need not have wept over their impenitence."

"He need not have declared, "Behold, your house is left unto you desolate." Luke 13:35.

"They might have been acquainted with the evidence of His Messiahship."

"The calamity that laid their proud city in ruins might have been averted."

"But the minds of the Jews had become narrowed by their unreasoning bigotry."

"The lessons of Christ revealed their deficiencies of character, and demanded repentance."

"If they accepted His teachings, their practices must be changed, and their cherished hopes relinquished."

"In order to be honored by Heaven, we must sacrifice the honor of men."

Have "OUR" minds become narrowed by unreasoning bigotry??

========================
Open my eyes that I may see
Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me;
Place in my hands the wonderful key
That shall unclasp and set me free.
    Silently now I wait for Thee,
Ready, my God, Thy will to see;
Open my eyes, illumine me,
    Spirit Divine!
Open my ears that I may hear
Voices of truth Thou sendest clear;
And while the wave notes fall on my ear,
Everything false will disappear.
Open my mouth and let me bear
Tidings of mercy everywhere;
Open my heart and let me prepare
Love with Thy children thus to share.
Open my mind that I may read
More of Thy love in word and deed;
What shall I fear while yet Thou dost lead?
Only for light from Thee I plead.

Lyrics:Clara H. Scott
Music:Clara H. Scott

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2022, 06:49:39 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon!  Let us continue to pray that Jesus will open our eyes to His truth!!

What a joy to hear the Words of Jesus! He longed to present truth to Israel. But, Israel would not accept the truth. They were blind to their spiritual condition and captive to the law of sin and death. So it is today. Professing Christian churches refuse to search the Scriptures to see if what they believe is truth. Thus, it is our responsibility to present the gospel and then call out those who are seeking truth.

Oh, how Christ longed to open to Israel the precious treasures of the truth! But such was their spiritual blindness that it was impossible to reveal to them the truths relating to His kingdom. They clung to their creed and their useless ceremonies when the truth of Heaven awaited their acceptance. They spent their money for chaff and husks, when the bread of life was within their reach. Why did they not go to the word of God, and search diligently to know whether they were in error? The Old Testament Scriptures stated plainly every detail of Christ's ministry, and again and again He quoted from the prophets, and declared, "This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears." If they had honestly searched the Scriptures, bringing their theories to the test of God's word, Jesus need not have wept over their impenitence. He need not have declared, "Behold, your house is left unto you desolate." Luke 13:35. They might have been acquainted with the evidence of His Messiahship, and the calamity that laid their proud city in ruins might have been averted. But the minds of the Jews had become narrowed by their unreasoning bigotry. The lessons of Christ revealed their deficiencies of character, and demanded repentance. If they accepted His teachings, their practices must be changed, and their cherished hopes relinquished. In order to be honored by Heaven, they must sacrifice the honor of men. If they obeyed the words of this new rabbi, they must go contrary to the opinions of the great thinkers and teachers of the time.
     Truth was unpopular in Christ's day. It is unpopular in our day. It has been unpopular ever since Satan first gave man a disrelish for it by presenting fables that lead to self-exaltation. Do we not today meet theories and doctrines that have no foundation in the word of God? Men cling as tenaciously to them as did the Jews to their traditions. 

God does not work mightily to bring the multitude into His church today because the world has come into His church. Thus for many truth is not popular in His church. Many cling to their beliefs and stand against the precious message revealing God's love and care for His church. But, it is prophesied that revival and reformation is coming. Clean water He is pouring upon His church. "Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you." Eze. 36:25.

Philip T

« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2022, 07:23:08 AM »
  Again as they listened to His words the Nazarenes were moved by the Divine Spirit. But even now they would not admit that this Man, who had been brought up among them, was other or greater than themselves. Still there rankled the bitter memory that while He had claimed for Himself to be the Promised One, He had really denied them a place with Israel; for He had shown them to be less worthy of God's favor than a heathen man and woman. Hence though they questioned, "Whence hath this Man this wisdom, and these mighty works?" they would not receive Him as the Christ of God. Because of their unbelief, the Saviour could not work many miracles among them. Only a few hearts were open to His blessing, and reluctantly He departed, never to return.

This paragraph brought home to me the power of doubt and unbelief in our lives, Jesus returned so longed to save them all, but their memories of His first visit, their doubt in Him, their unbelief in Him, all clouded their minds of the truths he taught, and, in the end, they could not surrender their hearts to Him, only a few did. This is the state of the world today, doubt and unbelief block the convicting power of the Holy Spirit, just as they did in Jesus' time in Nazareth.

MartinezHM

« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2022, 09:40:51 AM »
How quickly a person can change from good in one moment to being extremely hostel the next. Until we get a clearer picture from behind the scene of who and what power is directing us. In this case the reality of evil angels and good angles, when we truly understand and believe that this is taking place every day in our life.  Choose this day who we will serve. Josh. 24:15  This may be basic but its nevertheless very, very, true.

old. henry

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2022, 10:06:00 AM »
Amen Brothers Philip and Henry!  "There is no sin greater than unbelief."   

Unbelief greatly dishonors God. Our lack of faith is withholding from us precious blessings which are hanging over us, and which God would have us receive and appreciate. When we practise the Word, we shall be perfect in Him who is our righteousness. If the Word is believed by us, soberly, meekly, if it is received and appropriated, it will give us a precious experience, that will make us wise unto salvation. But, like the children of Israel, we are in danger of indulging a spirit of unbelief and murmuring.  ST October 4, 1899

Good to have you with us Brother Henry!! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! Such precious truths that God has for us who are seeking truth that we might glorify Him who gave all that we might live!!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2022, 01:32:00 PM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Brother Richard, and Brother Henry!! We get to be united in present truth as we focus on Jesus and appreciate the message for this time (Revelation 14:6-12, Revelation 3:14-22)! Jesus is coming soon, and He is working mightily even when human eyes cannot see what is taking place in hearts.

Who helps protect us from danger day and night?

"So, in all ages, angels have been near to Christ's faithful followers. The vast confederacy of evil is arrayed against all who would overcome; but Christ would have us look to the things which are not seen, to the armies of heaven encamped about all who love God, to deliver them. From what dangers, seen and unseen, we have been preserved through the interposition of the angels, we shall never know, until in the light of eternity we see the providences of God. Then we shall know that the whole family of heaven was interested in the family here below, and that messengers from the throne of God attended our steps from day to day." {The Desire of Ages, page 240, paragraph 3}

Thank God for the angels He sends to protect you and each of us. He loves us and desires to help us know and love Him, and the angels are sent to help us to be safe so we can fulfill the purpose God has for us. Jesus was protected by the angels so that He could fulfill God's purpose in Him dying for our sins and rising to give us newness of life! When we surrender our whole heart to Him, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be revealed in our converted characters, and gladly we are enabled to obey God from the new heart by the power of the Holy Spirit, being led in safe paths by the angel messengers! We can rejoice that today Jesus is sending holy angels to help us heavenward!

Beacon

« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2023, 08:49:46 PM »
"Why did they not go to the word of God, and search diligently to know whether they were in error? "

"The Old Testament Scriptures stated plainly every detail of Christ's ministry, and again and again He quoted from the prophets, and declared..."

"This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears."

"If they had honestly searched the Scriptures, bringing their theories to the test of God's word, Jesus need not have wept over their impenitence.

"He need not have declared, "Behold, your house is left unto you desolate." Luke 13:35.

They might have been acquainted with the evidence of His Messiahship, and the calamity that laid their proud city in ruins might have been averted."

Could it be that this same problem is a challenge for the church of today? Are " WE " spending that " Thoughtful Hour " each day with Jesus or are "WE TOO BUSY?

===================
Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
  Ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner,
  It must not suffer loss:
From vict’ry unto vict’ry
  His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished
  And Christ is Lord indeed.
    Stand up for Jesus
Ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner,
  It must not, it must not suffer loss.
  The trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict
  In this His glorious day.
Ye that are men, now serve Him
  Against unnumbered foes;
Let courage rise with danger.
  And strength to strength oppose.
  Stand in His strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you;
  Ye dare not trust your own.
Put on the Gospel armor,
  And, watching unto prayer,
Where duty calls, or danger,
  Be never wanting there.
  The strife will not be long:
This day the noise of battle,
  The next the victor’s song;
To him that overcometh
  A crown of life shall be;
He, with the King of glory,
  Shall reign eternally.

Lyrics:George Duffield (1818-1888)
Music:Adam Geibel (1855-1933)

Dorine

« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2023, 05:22:54 AM »
..."So, in all ages, angels have been near to Christ's faithful followers. The vast confederacy of evil is arrayed against all who would overcome; but Christ would have us look to the things which are not seen, to the armies of heaven encamped about all who love God, to deliver them. From what dangers, seen and unseen, we have been preserved through the interposition of the angels, we shall never know, until in the light of eternity we see the providences of God. Then we shall know that the whole family of heaven was interested in the family here below, and that messengers from the throne of God attended our steps from day to day.

We are so very loved. Let us not be as the Jewish nation whose hearts were so blind and cold that they could not/would not accept Jesus as the Messiah they were all looking for. He did not fit into their expectations. Only as we surrender each day our entire hearts to Jesus will we recognize Him and want to know Him more. How do we know when Jesus is in the heart?
(Mat 7:16)  Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
(Mat 7:17)  Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
(Mat 7:18)  A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
(Mat 7:19)  Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
(Mat 7:20)  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2023, 08:25:18 AM »
Amen my dear sister and brother!   God has given to us great light, but as a people we are disregarded this light to a great degree. Why?  As Brother Beacon has pointed out, what happened back then, is what is happening today.

As their hearts were moved upon by the Holy Spirit, they responded with fervent amens and praises to the Lord.
     But when Jesus announced, "This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears," they were suddenly recalled to think of themselves, and of the claims of Him who had been addressing them. They, Israelites, children of Abraham, had been represented as in bondage. They had been addressed as prisoners to be delivered from the power of evil; as in darkness, and needing the light of truth. Their pride was offended, and their fears were roused. The words of Jesus indicated that His work for them was to be altogether different from what they desired. Their deeds might be investigated too closely. Notwithstanding their exactness in outward ceremonies, they shrank from inspection by those clear, searching eyes.
     Who is this Jesus? they questioned. He who had claimed for Himself the glory of the Messiah was the son of a carpenter, and had worked at His trade with His father Joseph. They had seen Him toiling up and down the hills, they were acquainted with His brothers and sisters, and knew His life and labors. They had seen Him develop from childhood to youth, and from youth to manhood. Although His life had been spotless, they would not believe that He was the Promised One. 

And the hatred of Jesus and the truth led to them in an attempt to murder Jesus. In all ages we see the same, hatred toward those who love God and His truth. As our sister has shared, it is not hard to see who is who. We shall know them by the fruit of their character. It is impossible to get good fruit from a bad tree, and a good tree does not produce bad fruit. Beware of those who teach otherwise. Those who love the Lord our God with all of the heart will manifest all of the fruits of the Spirit, not one will be missing. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance which is self control. All who a partaker of the divine nature (2 Peter 1:4) are enabled to reveal this character because the third person of the godhead has possession of their hearts.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2023, 06:29:04 PM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard!!

What can cure the unbelieving heart? Learning from the experience of those who rejected Christ at Nazareth in the beginning of His ministry, we see that unbelief must be surrendered to the light of God's word, enabling the soul to overcome by grace through faith, giving us a new capacity for God's will to be done in our lives! Self must be crucified and yielded to Christ. As we surrender all we have and are to Him, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be seen in our lives as we are enabled to obey God from the heart. We must learn to trust God's word over every other influence, relying upon God's glory and not seeking our own. Since real greatness can dispense with outward show, it is well for us to value truth because it is truth, regardless of who presents it to us. "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them" (Isaiah 8:20).

Because their understanding was darkened by selfish prejudice, they could not harmonize the power of Christ's convicting words with the humility of His life. They did not appreciate the fact that real greatness can dispense with outward show. This Man's poverty seemed wholly inconsistent with His claim to be the Messiah. They questioned, If He was what He claimed to be, why was He so unpretending? If He was satisfied to be without the force of arms, what would become of their nation? How could the power and glory so long anticipated bring the nations as subjects to the city of the Jews? Had not the priests taught that Israel was to bear rule over all the earth? and could it be possible that the great religious teachers were in error? "The Desire of Ages, page 242, paragraph 3}

Throughout time, many religious leaders have been in error, and it was the religious leaders in Christ's day that were very intent on His crucifixion. Oh, let us cease from trusting man and rely completely upon God as He has revealed Himself in the word of God!

Beacon

« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2023, 08:02:11 PM »
"The vast confederacy of evil is arrayed against all who would overcome."

"Christ would have us look to the things which are not seen."

"To the armies of heaven encamped about all who love God, to deliver them."

"From what dangers, seen and unseen, we have been preserved through the interposition of the angels, we shall never know, until in the light of eternity we see the Providences of God."

"Then we shall know that the whole family of heaven was interested in the family here below, and that messengers from the throne of God attended our steps from day to day."

What a day that will be when our Jesus we will see and He takes us by the hand and leads us to that Heavenly Land. What a day Glorious Day that will be!

=========================
He leadeth me! O blessed thought,
O words with heav’nly comfort fraught;
Whate’er I do, where’er I be,
Still ’tis Christ’s hand that leadeth me.
    He leadeth me! He leadeth me!
By His own hand He leadeth me;
His faithful follower I would be,
  For by His hand He leadeth me.
Sometimes ’mid scenes of deepest gloom,
Sometimes where Eden’s bowers bloom,
By waters still, o’er troubled sea,
Still ’tis His hand that leadeth me.
Lord, I would clasp Thy hand in mine,
Nor ever murmur or repine;
Content, whatever lot I see,
Since it is Thou that leadest me.
And when my task on earth is done,
When, by Thy grace, the vict’ry’s won,
E’en death’s cold wave I will not flee,
Since Thou in triumph leadest me.

Lyrics:Joseph Henry Gilmore (1834-1918)
Music:William Batchelder Bradbury (1816-1868)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2023, 08:17:06 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

If it was possible then, it is certainly possible now. By and large, the religious teachers of Jesus' day missed the significance of His life and teachings because they misinterpreted the Scriptures. Just because a teaching is popular or widely shared does not make it true. We must test everything to God's word to see if it is true! "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them" (Isaiah 8:20).

"Because their understanding was darkened by selfish prejudice, they could not harmonize the power of Christ's convicting words with the humility of His life. They did not appreciate the fact that real greatness can dispense with outward show. This Man's poverty seemed wholly inconsistent with His claim to be the Messiah. They questioned, If He was what He claimed to be, why was He so unpretending? If He was satisfied to be without the force of arms, what would become of their nation? How could the power and glory so long anticipated bring the nations as subjects to the city of the Jews? Had not the priests taught that Israel was to bear rule over all the earth? and could it be possible that the great religious teachers were in error?" {The Desire of Ages, page 242, paragraph 3}

By surrendering to Jesus and His pure teachings in His word, our hearts can be converted and renewed by His grace! All of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing as long as we are abiding in Him, and He will enable us to obey the law of God up to the truth we understand from it! Let's guard against the deceptions that are so widespread by testing everything by the word of God, and letting the Lord lead us by the Holy Spirit day by day in the harmony with the humble example of Jesus.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2023, 09:49:42 PM »
Yes it is possible that the religious leaders could be and were wrong. It was wrong for Israel to depend upon their religious leaders, and so it is today. God sends teachers, but we need to make sure they are sent from God. We need to listen and then compare what is taught to Scripture. And, the leaders sent of God point all to Christ and His Word, not mine. Be taught of God if you you want to be free from error. Learn to hear that still small voice and always ask for the Holy Spirit when studying His Word.The Jews as a people did not depend upon God, but their religious leaders that led them so they knew not their Messiah when He came.

But it was not simply the absence of outward glory in His life that led the Jews to reject Jesus. He was the embodiment of purity, and they were impure. He dwelt among men an example of spotless integrity. His blameless life flashed light upon their hearts. His sincerity revealed their insincerity. It made manifest the hollowness of their pretentious piety, and discovered iniquity to them in its odious character. Such a light was unwelcome. 

And so it is today in many professing Christian churches.