Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--23--The Kingdom of God is at Hand  (Read 11479 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--23--The Kingdom of God is at Hand
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2022, 08:16:00 AM »
Amen dear sister!  Most were indeed blind to Jesus and thus put Him on the cross. But, not all. The Bible tells us the wise will understand, those who are filled with the Holy Spirit will discern that we are living in the time of the end, the time of His soon coming!!

As Brother Beacon has shared, "get ready!!!" Look up for our redemption draweth nigh. We are seeing that the last steps indeed are rapid!

As Pastor Sean has shared, the kingdom of God is at hand!

We have reached the period foretold in these scriptures. The time of the end is come, the visions of the prophets are unsealed, and their solemn warnings point us to our Lord’s coming in glory as near at hand.
The Jews misinterpreted and misapplied the word of God, and they knew not the time of their visitation. The years of the ministry of Christ and His apostles,—the precious last years of grace to the chosen people,—they spent in plotting the destruction of the Lord’s messengers. Earthly ambitions absorbed them, and the offer of the spiritual kingdom came to them in vain. So today the kingdom of this world absorbs men’s thoughts, and they take no note of the rapidly fulfilling prophecies and the tokens of the swift-coming kingdom of God.
“But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.” While we are not to know the hour of our Lord’s return, we may know when it is near. “Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.” 1 Thessalonians 5:4-6.

Let us learn from what the disciples did not do in the Garden when Jesus sought human sympathy. They were sleeping. As we press together, let us watch and pray as never before!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2022, 08:01:58 PM »
"The Saviour Himself has given signs of His coming."

"He says, 'When ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand."

"Take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life."

"So that day come upon you unawares."

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these
things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." Luke 21:31, 34, 36."

Are "WE" paying attention to the fast fulfilling signs that are taking place all around us?

Perhaps we should re-read the Scripture quoted above at least one more time! Let us pray for "Spiritual Awareness" and ask Jesus to help us not be soo distracted by the things of this world!

======================

Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.
    Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Oh, that it may be no more I,
    But Christ that lives in me.
Not I, but Christ to gently soothe in sorrow,
Not I, but Christ to wipe the falling tear;
Not I, but Christ to lift the weary burden,
Not I, but Christ to hush away all fear.
Christ, only Christ, no idle word e’er falling,
Christ, only Christ, no needless bustling sound;
Christ, only Christ, no self-important bearing,
Christ, only Christ, no trace of I be found.
Not I, but Christ my every need supplying,
Not I, but Christ my strength and health to be;
Christ, only Christ, for spirit, soul, and body,
Christ, only Christ, live then Thy life in me.
Christ, only Christ, ere long will fill my vision,
Glory excelling soon, full soon I’ll see;
Christ, only Christ, my every wish fulfilling,
Christ, only Christ, my all in all to be.

Lyrics:Mrs. Ada A. Whiddington (1891)
Music:Albert Benjamin Simpson (1843-1919)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2022, 04:58:21 AM »
Praise the Lord Brother Beacon!! Jesus is coming soon!!

Looking to Jesus we find strength and grace as we ask for it in His name to overcome sin as we abide in Him! By the Holy Spirit we can do God's will as He unfolds His plan for us!

"As the message of Christ’s first advent announced the kingdom of His grace, so the message of His second advent announces the kingdom of His glory. And the second message, like the first, is based on the prophecies. The words of the angel to Daniel relating to the last days were to be understood in the time of the end. At that time, 'many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.' 'The wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.' Daniel 12:4, 10. The Saviour Himself has given signs of His coming, and He says, 'When ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.' 'And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.' 'Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.' Luke 21:31, 34, 36." {The Desire of Ages, page 234, paragraph 4} 

Let us rejoice in His promises and abide in His character! When we live by faith on the Son of God, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing, giving us affectionate obedience to all of God's commandments!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2022, 05:01:21 AM »
Amen pastor Sean! And since we are by nature evil, how can we be worthy?  Watch and pray continually!

Do we wonder how it can be that so many only profess to serve God? It is not a new thing. It has always been this way. Many are called but few choose to accept the free Gift of salvation through Christ.

As the light and life of men was rejected by the ecclesiastical authorities in the days of Christ, so it has been rejected in every succeeding generation. Again and again the history of Christ’s withdrawal from Judea has been repeated. When the Reformers preached the word of God, they had no thought of separating themselves from the established church; but the religious leaders would not tolerate the light, and those that bore it were forced to seek another class, who were longing for the truth. In our day few of the professed followers of the Reformers are actuated by their spirit. Few are listening for the voice of God, and ready to accept truth in whatever guise it may be presented. Often those who follow in the steps of the Reformers are forced to turn away from the churches they love, in order to declare the plain teaching of the word of God. And many times those who are seeking for light are by the same teaching obliged to leave the church of their fathers, that they may render obedience.

It is true that we may have to leave our local church, but the Seventh-day Adventist Church is the last church, there will not be another. The organized church will see revival and reformation. The Laodicean message will bring about this revival. God is pouring clean water upon His filthy church. All who will love the Lord our God with the whole heart, not half or even 99%, will be transformed into His image (character).  It would be well to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ. By beholding we shall be changed into His image.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.