Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--21--Bethesda and the Sandhedrin  (Read 16003 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--21--Bethesda and the Sandhedrin
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2021, 04:22:42 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. The Jewish leaders had perverted the gospel and led the people away from God. So it is today. Much of "Christianity" has been fed false gospels and have been led away from Christ. The Jews had made their own laws and had become a joke to the nations of the world. They were seen to be hypocrites.

The Jews had so perverted the law that they made it a yoke of bondage. Their meaningless requirements had become a byword among other nations. Especially was the Sabbath hedged in by all manner of senseless restrictions. It was not to them a delight, the holy of the Lord, and honorable. The scribes and Pharisees had made its observance an intolerable burden. A Jew was not allowed to kindle a fire nor even to light a candle on the Sabbath. As a consequence the people were dependent upon the Gentiles for many services which their rules forbade them to do for themselves. They did not reflect that if these acts were sinful, those who employed others to perform them were as guilty as if they had done the work themselves. They thought that salvation was restricted to the Jews, and that the condition of all others, being already hopeless, could be made no worse. But God has given no commandments which cannot be obeyed by all. His laws sanction no unreasonable or selfish restrictions.

And, by making life miserable by so many man made exactions, they had with them buried the laws of God. Today, Satan has also brought reproach upon the law of God by making it appear that none can really keep His commandments. But, this is far from the truth. Not only can we keep the commandments, none will enter heaven unless they love the Lord our God with the whole heart and their neighbor as themselves. The commandments are summed up on these two great commands.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2021, 06:51:00 AM »
"The Jews had the Scriptures in their possession, and supposed that in their mere outward knowledge of the word they had eternal life. But Jesus said, “Ye have not His word abiding in you.” Having rejected Christ in His word, they rejected Him in person. “Ye will not come to Me,” He said, “that ye might have life.” ......"Ye search the Scriptures, because ye think that in them ye have eternal life; and these are they which bear witness of me." John 5:39, R.V.

It is not enough that we speak at length to the truths of the bible. It must be abiding in our hearts. If we know Jesus we will have a personal testimony to share of how He has changed our hearts and set us free from the guilt of sin. This will be an ongoing daily experience. Each day will have fresh expressions of His love toward us just as long as we keep our eyes focused on Him.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2021, 07:10:23 AM »
"The Son of God was surrendered to the Father’s will, and dependent upon His power."

"So utterly was Christ emptied of self that He made no plans for Himself. He accepted God’s plans for Him, and day by day the Father unfolded His plans."

"So should we depend upon God, that our lives may be the simple outworking of His will."

We simply need to let go and let God be our daily director

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

I surrender all,I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Lyrics:Judson W. Van de Venter (1855-1939)
Music:Winfield Scott Weeden (1847-1908)
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2021, 07:35:24 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon!

Please don't miss this! We are by nature just as paralyzed spiritually to walk by faith as was the man who had been palsied for 38 years at the pool of Bethesda found in John 5! Jesus makes healing SO SIMPLE: "Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk. And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the Sabbath" (John 5:8-9). We need Jesus' mighty word to resurrect us spiritually so we can walk by a living faith union and communion with God and overcome every defect of character in our lives as He manifests through us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Then we can supernaturally and gladly obey God's word to the extent that He has reveled His law of love to us because we are living the new life of faith!

"Through the same faith we may receive spiritual healing. By sin we have been severed from the life of God. Our souls are palsied. Of ourselves we are no more capable of living a holy life than was the impotent man capable of walking. There are many who realize their helplessness, and who long for that spiritual life which will bring them into harmony with God; they are vainly striving to obtain it. In despair they cry, 'O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?' Romans 7:24, margin. Let these desponding, struggling ones look up. The Saviour is bending over the purchase of His blood, saying with inexpressible tenderness and pity, 'Wilt thou be made whole?' He bids you arise in health and peace. Do not wait to feel that you are made whole. Believe His word, and it will be fulfilled. Put your will on the side of Christ. Will to serve Him, and in acting upon His word you will receive strength. Whatever may be the evil practice, the master passion which through long indulgence binds both soul and body, Christ is able and longs to deliver. He will impart life to the soul that is 'dead in trespasses.' Ephesians 2:1. He will set free the captive that is held by weakness and misfortune and the chains of sin." {The Desire of Ages, page 203, paragraph 2} 

Why would we choose anything less than God's ideal for us? Let us realize that the world, our own fallen nature, and the devil are trying to keep us bound by sin and in slavery to fear and doubt. But God is stronger!!! God's word is our pledge of deliverance and power to walk by faith, not by sight! May you today connect with Jesus by the Holy Spirit so He can do in and through you what would otherwise have been an impossibility! God is able to do more than we can ask or think! Hallelujah!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2022, 08:17:13 PM »
"The priests and rabbis were taking the Son of God to task for the very work He had been sent into the world to do."

"By their sins they had separated themselves from God, and in their pride were moving independently of Him. They felt sufficient in themselves for all things, and realized no need of a higher wisdom to direct their acts."

"But the Son of God was surrendered to the Father’s will, and dependent upon His power."

"So utterly was Christ emptied of self that He made no plans for Himself."

"He accepted God’s plans for Him, and day by day the Father unfolded His plans."

"So should we depend upon God, that our lives may be the simple outworking of His will."

Are You - Am I wiling to depend totally upon our Loving Gracious God?

Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father’s wise bestowment,
I’ve no cause for worry or for fear.
He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,
Gives unto each day what He deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.
Every day the Lord Himself is near me,
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counsellor and Pow’r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
“As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,”
This the pledge to me He made.
Help me then, in every tribulation,
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith’s sweet consolation,
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E’er to take, as from a father’s hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till with Christ the Lord I stand.

Lyrics:Lina Sandell; Translated by A. L. Skoog
Music:Oscar Ahnfeldt

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2022, 06:50:01 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon! We have no wisdom, nor in and of ourselves we can do no good thing. We need a Savior! We have a Savior!! The power that He has to raise the dead is the same power He will give to us to keep us from sinning. We just need to be willing to give all we are and all we have to Him who gave all for us.

The Saviour continued: “What things soever He [the Father] doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.... As the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom He will.” The Sadducees held that there would be no resurrection of the body; but Jesus tells them that one of the greatest works of His Father is raising the dead, and that He Himself has power to do the same work. “The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.” The Pharisees believed in the resurrection of the dead. Christ declares that even now the power which gives life to the dead is among them, and they are to behold its manifestation. This same resurrection power is that which gives life to the soul “dead in trespasses and sins.” Ephesians 2:1. That spirit of life in Christ Jesus, “the power of His resurrection,” sets men “free from the law of sin and death.” Philippians 3:10; Romans 8:2. The dominion of evil is broken, and through faith the soul is kept from sin. He who opens his heart to the Spirit of Christ becomes a partaker of that mighty power which shall bring forth his body from the grave

Amen!! This we may have today and every day if we will cling to Christ, our only hope!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2022, 08:57:35 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!!! Hallelujah!! Jesus is coming SO SOON!!

What happens when you surrender fully to Jesus Christ because you behold His loveliness and are motived to do so by His word?

"The dominion of evil is broken, and through faith the soul is kept from sin. He who opens his heart to the Spirit of Christ becomes a partaker of that mighty power which shall bring forth his body from the grave." {The Desire of Ages, page 210, paragraph 0}

As partakers of the divine nature, the Holy Spirit manifests through us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Then we are empowered to affectionately obey God's law of love from the heart He has renewed by His divine grace! What a miracle!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2022, 08:09:07 PM »
"There are many who realize their helplessness, and who long for that spiritual life which will bring them into harmony with God; they are vainly striving to obtain it."

"In despair they cry, 'O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?' Romans 7:24, margin."

"Let these desponding, struggling ones look up."

"The Saviour is bending over the purchase of His blood, saying with inexpressible tenderness and pity, 'Wilt thou be made whole?' He bids you arise in health and peace."

"Do not wait to feel that you are made whole."

"Believe His word, and it will be fulfilled."

"Put your will on the side of Christ."

"Will to serve Him, and in acting upon His word you will receive strength. Whatever may be the evil practice, the master passion which through long indulgence binds both soul and body, Christ is able and longs to deliver."

"Today Jesus is saying to each one of us....

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." Mathew 11:28,29"

=============================

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.

For me, You were mocked and crucified;
For me, willingly You bled and died.
Lord, my life and love I willingly outpour
And will serve You evermore.
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Lyrics:Frances Ridley Havergal (1836-1879)
Music:H.A.Cesar Malan 1787-(1864 )

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2022, 05:46:23 AM »
With Christ, all things are possible; but without Him in the heart, we can do no good thing, for only Christ, the source of every right impulse, can implant His grace in the heart whereby we may do His will with all of the fruits of the Spirit manifest in the character without one missing! Let us yield the WHOLE heart to Jesus and keep learning and growing in His grace as we opens the doors for serving Him!

"The words of Christ teach that we should regard ourselves as inseparably bound to our Father in heaven. Whatever our position, we are dependent upon God, who holds all destinies in His hands. He has appointed us our work, and has endowed us with faculties and means for that work. So long as we surrender the will to God, and trust in His strength and wisdom, we shall be guided in safe paths, to fulfill our appointed part in His great plan. But the one who depends upon his own wisdom and power is separating himself from God. Instead of working in unison with Christ, he is fulfilling the purpose of the enemy of God and man." {The Desire of Ages, page 209, paragraph 2}

Each moment we can have a sweet union and communion with Christ so all of His plans come to pass in our lives as we abide in Him like the branch in the Vine!

Dorine

« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2022, 06:27:41 AM »
"Jesus had given him no assurance of divine help. The man might have stopped to doubt, and lost his one chance of healing. But he believed Christ’s word, and in acting upon it he received strength.Through the same faith we may receive spiritual healing. By sin we have been severed from the life of God. Our souls are palsied. Of ourselves we are no more capable of living a holy life than was the impotent man capable of walking. There are many who realize their helplessness, and who long for that spiritual life which will bring them into harmony with God; they are vainly striving to obtain it. In despair they cry, “O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?” Romans 7:24, margin. Let these desponding, struggling ones look up. The Saviour is bending over the purchase of His blood, saying with inexpressible tenderness and pity, “Wilt thou be made whole?” He bids you arise in health and peace. Do not wait to feel that you are made whole. Believe His word, and it will be fulfilled. Put your will on the side of Christ. Will to serve Him, and in acting upon His word you will receive strength. Whatever may be the evil practice, the master passion which through long indulgence binds both soul and body, Christ is able and longs to deliver. He will impart life to the soul that is “dead in trespasses.” Ephesians 2:1. He will set free the captive that is held by weakness and misfortune and the chains of sin."

This promise is given to all. Satan may tempt us with doubts and discouragement but we are told to take Jesus at His word and believe what He says and act upon it. It is not safe to trust in man but when Jesus speaks it is done at the very moment we show forth our trust in His word. How many around us are suffering from things they have brought upon themselves? We've been there. We know the power of Jesus to cleanse and heal. We have the wonderful health message that changes peoples lives physically which opens the way to bring the gospel of salvation to them where they can receive spiritual healing and forgiveness of their sins. Oh such sweet freedom in the amazing grace of Jesus.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2022, 12:41:24 PM »
Amen dear Sister! We know by experience the power of God to recreate us into His image. We understand the Apostle Paul's experience prior to his conversion when he cried out  “O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?”  He found that it was impossible for him to do any good thing. Why not? Because he did not know he had a Savior. He was persecuting His followers. God answered that prayer shortly after he prayed that prayer when Jesus revealed Himself to him on the road to Damascus.

Through the same faith we may receive spiritual healing. By sin we have been severed from the life of God. Our souls are palsied. Of ourselves we are no more capable of living a holy life than was the impotent man capable of walking. There are many who realize their helplessness, and who long for that spiritual life which will bring them into harmony with God; they are vainly striving to obtain it. In despair they cry, “O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?” Romans 7:24, margin. Let these desponding, struggling ones look up. The Saviour is bending over the purchase of His blood, saying with inexpressible tenderness and pity, “Wilt thou be made whole?” He bids you arise in health and peace. Do not wait to feel that you are made whole. Believe His word, and it will be fulfilled. Put your will on the side of Christ. Will to serve Him, and in acting upon His word you will receive strength. Whatever may be the evil practice, the master passion which through long indulgence binds both soul and body, Christ is able and longs to deliver. He will impart life to the soul that is “dead in trespasses.” Ephesians 2:1. He will set free the captive that is held by weakness and misfortune and the chains of sin.

Despite what we are reading, many believe that Paul is writing about his Christian experience post conversion. How very sad. They judge the Bible by their own experience which in His church is a Laodicean condition. What does this error lead to? Look at the church and her perplexities. Look at the divorce rate. Look at the children who leave God and His church.  Those who believe roman's seven is the Christian experience wherein they do not do what they ought to do and do what they ought not do. O, how wretched are those who think they are rich, but know not that they are miserable, wretched, poor, blind, and naked.

Beacon

« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2022, 08:08:02 PM »
"Do not wait to feel that you are made whole. Believe His word, and it will be fulfilled."

"Will to serve Him, and in acting upon His word you will receive strength."

"Whatever may be the evil practice, the master passion which through long indulgence binds both soul and body,"

"Christ is able and longs to deliver."

"He will impart life to the soul that is “dead in trespasses.”

"One of God's amazing promises is found in... Ephesians 2:1. He will set free the captive that is held by weakness and misfortune and the chains of sin."

All "WE" need to tell Jesus is that "WE" are ready to "Surrender All" To Him. Are "WE" willing? As we celebrate another Sabbath Day this would be the best gift we could ever give Jesus!!

========================
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
    I surrender all,
  I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Lyrics:Judson W. Van de Venter (1855-1939)
Music:Winfield Scott Weeden (1847-1908)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2022, 04:08:45 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Happy Sabbath!!

We need Jesus continually! As we stay connected to Him by a living faith surrender, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be manifest in our lives to His glory as we are gladly obedient to His law of love!

"The words of Christ teach that we should regard ourselves as inseparably bound to our Father in heaven. Whatever our position, we are dependent upon God, who holds all destinies in His hands. He has appointed us our work, and has endowed us with faculties and means for that work. So long as we surrender the will to God, and trust in His strength and wisdom, we shall be guided in safe paths, to fulfill our appointed part in His great plan. But the one who depends upon his own wisdom and power is separating himself from God. Instead of working in unison with Christ, he is fulfilling the purpose of the enemy of God and man." {The Desire of Ages, page 209, paragraph 2}

Let us allow God to fulfill His will through us by His word and by His Spirit!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2022, 07:13:50 AM »
Pride is a terrible thing!  Anyone who gets in the way will find they are targeted. So it was then, so it is today. The ruin and sin of a nation was due to the religious leaders.

In one of the earliest prophecies of Christ it is written, “The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto Him shall the gathering of the people be.” Genesis 49:10. The people were gathering to Christ. The sympathetic hearts of the multitude accepted lessons of love and benevolence in preference to the rigid ceremonies required by the priests. If the priests and rabbis had not interposed, His teaching would have wrought such a reformation as this world has never witnessed. But in order to maintain their own power, these leaders determined to break down the influence of Jesus. His arraignment before the Sanhedrin, and an open condemnation of His teachings, would aid in effecting this; for the people still had great reverence for their religious leaders. Whoever dared to condemn the rabbinical requirements, or attempt to lighten the burdens they had brought upon the people, was regarded as guilty, not only of blasphemy, but of treason. On this ground the rabbis hoped to excite suspicion of Christ. They represented Him as trying to overthrow the established customs, thus causing division among the people, and preparing the way for complete subjugation by the Romans.

Dorine

« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2022, 06:58:45 AM »
"Of ourselves we are no more capable of living a holy life than was the impotent man capable of walking. There are many who realize their helplessness, and who long for that spiritual life which will bring them into harmony with God; they are vainly striving to obtain it. In despair they cry, “O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?” Romans 7:24, margin. Let these desponding, struggling ones look up. The Saviour is bending over the purchase of His blood, saying with inexpressible tenderness and pity, “Wilt thou be made whole?” He bids you arise in health and peace. Do not wait to feel that you are made whole. Believe His word, and it will be fulfilled. Put your will on the side of Christ. Will to serve Him, and in acting upon His word you will receive strength. Whatever may be the evil practice, the master passion which through long indulgence binds both soul and body, Christ is able and longs to deliver. He will impart life to the soul that is “dead in trespasses.” Ephesians 2:1. He will set free the captive that is held by weakness and misfortune and the chains of sin."

What a blessing it is to read of the unity in all the posts. I didn't always understand Romans 7:24 until I joined this forum many years ago. I was so excited to learn the truth that I had to share it with others. NO ONE I talked to believed it, not even the pastor. I do not understand how anyone can have a vibrant healthy and victorious spiritual life believing the converted Christian is in a wretched state until Jesus comes and not interested in knowing that there is a solution to that condition right now. Paul knew the solution to this plight was found in Jesus. Never again do you hear him refer to himself as wretched for he found what his soul longed for. Peace in Jesus.

Beacon

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2022, 08:18:46 PM »
"Do not wait to feel that you are made whole. Believe His word, and it will be fulfilled."

"Will to serve Him, and in acting upon His word you will receive strength."

"Whatever may be the evil practice, the master passion which through long indulgence binds both soul and body..

"Christ is able and longs to deliver."

"He will impart life to the soul that is “dead in trespasses.” Ephesians 2:1."

"He will set free the captive that is held by weakness and misfortune and the chains of sin."

Dear Friends - When Jesus says...."

"He Will Set Free the Captive."

That's a guarantee you and I can count on!!

============================

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.
    Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
  In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conqu’rors we are!
His Word shall not fail you, He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well;
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

Lyrics & Music : Helen Howarth Lemmel (1863-1961)

Dorine

« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2022, 04:16:51 AM »
"Jesus does not ask this sufferer to exercise faith in Him. He simply says, “Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.” But the man’s faith takes hold upon that word. Every nerve and muscle thrills with new life, and healthful action comes to his crippled limbs. Without question he sets his will to obey the command of Christ, and all his muscles respond to his will. Springing to his feet, he finds himself an active man.
Jesus had given him no assurance of divine help. The man might have stopped to doubt, and lost his one chance of healing. But he believed Christ’s word, and in acting upon it he received strength.
Through the same faith we may receive spiritual healing."

To doubt this wounds the heart of Jesus. If doubts and unbelief crowd your thoughts, remember this story and give your burdens to Jesus. He is longing to give you a new heart where the fruit's of the Spirit abide. Don't let the weaknesses of your nature dominate you. Like the palsied man, take up your bed and walk in the newness of life in Jesus. All who do this will have the joy and peace of Jesus and their thoughts will shift from self to helping others know this wonderful Healer.

Philip T

« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2022, 05:13:49 AM »
Through the same faith we may receive spiritual healing. By sin we have been severed from the life of God. Our souls are palsied. Of ourselves we are no more capable of living a holy life than was the impotent man capable of walking. There are many who realize their helplessness, and who long for that spiritual life which will bring them into harmony with God; they are vainly striving to obtain it. In despair they cry, “O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?” Romans 7:24, margin. Let these desponding, struggling ones look up. The Saviour is bending over the purchase of His blood, saying with inexpressible tenderness and pity, “Wilt thou be made whole?” He bids you arise in health and peace. Do not wait to feel that you are made whole. Believe His word, and it will be fulfilled. Put your will on the side of Christ. Will to serve Him, and in acting upon His word you will receive strength. Whatever may be the evil practice, the master passion which through long indulgence binds both soul and body, Christ is able and longs to deliver. He will impart life to the soul that is “dead in trespasses.” Ephesians 2:1. He will set free the captive that is held by weakness and misfortune and the chains of sin.

Just as Jesus healed the man at the pool, He is waiting for us to turn to Him and accept His free gift, given on the cross, that we may have spiritual healing, he looks at us with the same kindness and compassion he looked at the man at the pool.  All we need to do is repent, take His hand in ours and surrender to His will and we will be made whole just as the man in the pool.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2022, 01:50:34 PM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Philip!

Praise the Lord for the power of God to direct our course heavenward!

Let God choose what is best for you! He develops our capacity to make His choice our choice out of love!

God has a destiny for each of us if we are willing to be made willing, God will guide us in the path that is ideal for the fulfillment of His will in reaching souls for His kingdom and proclaiming the present truth for this time!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2022, 08:45:36 PM »
Amen my brothers and sister!! If we will turn our eyes upon Jesus, He will deliver us from our captivity to the law of sin and death!!

The Sadducees held that there would be no resurrection of the body; but Jesus tells them that one of the greatest works of His Father is raising the dead, and that He Himself has power to do the same work. “The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.” The Pharisees believed in the resurrection of the dead. Christ declares that even now the power which gives life to the dead is among them, and they are to behold its manifestation. This same resurrection power is that which gives life to the soul “dead in trespasses and sins.” Ephesians 2:1. That spirit of life in Christ Jesus, “the power of His resurrection,” sets men “free from the law of sin and death.” Philippians 3:10; Romans 8:2. The dominion of evil is broken, and through faith the soul is kept from sin. He who opens his heart to the Spirit of Christ becomes a partaker of that mighty power which shall bring forth his body from the grave.

Amen!!