Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--21--Bethesda and the Sandhedrin  (Read 7615 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--21--Bethesda and the Sandhedrin
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2019, 05:42:25 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1). We do not see the will of God in a tangible way, but we grasp it by His word, and "faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17). So in order for us to know and do God's will, we need to spend time in the unseen reality of God's word. As we behold the loveliness of Jesus BY FAITH (for we do not seem His physical person before us now), we are learning to have our affections, desires, and aspirations elevated heavenward and to look continually to the One who knows the way that is best for us. It may look totally out of the ordinary of what men expect. Jesus did not come in a manner as to dazzle men's desire for worldly greatness; He came in poverty and humility, and yet His character revealed such kingly majesty, His words were the outflow of the divine, that none who were sensible to the leading of the Holy Spirit could fail to hear God speaking to them in Jesus. So now it is still. As you and I open our Bibles, we can listen to JESUS speaking to us PERSONALLY and INDIVIDUALLY! And I am so grateful that our willing surrender to God enables Him to convert us (so He produces in us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we gladly obey all of the light of His holy law that we know), and we are better enabled to win souls for His glory, which is our joy! We get to be vitally connected with heaven to do a work that is unique to our strength and capacity for God's glory! Cleave and cling to Jesus and praise Him all the more!!

"The words of Christ teach that we should regard ourselves as inseparably bound to our Father in heaven. Whatever our position, we are dependent upon God, who holds all destinies in His hands. He has appointed us our work, and has endowed us with faculties and means for that work. So long as we surrender the will to God, and trust in His strength and wisdom, we shall be guided in safe paths, to fulfill our appointed part in His great plan. But the one who depends upon his own wisdom and power is separating himself from God. Instead of working in unison with Christ, he is fulfilling the purpose of the enemy of God and man." {The Desire of Ages, page 209, paragraph 2}

Are you willing today to be fully surrendered to God's will as He reveals it? If so, you are in for the greatest adventure and joy of your life!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2019, 06:36:54 AM »
"The sick man was lying on his mat, and occasionally lifting his head to gaze at the pool, when a tender, compassionate face bent over him, and the words, “Wilt thou be made whole?” arrested his attention. Hope came to his heart. He felt that in some way he was to have help. But the glow of encouragement soon faded. He remembered how often he had tried to reach the pool, and now he had little prospect of living till it should again be troubled. He turned away wearily, saying, “Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.” Jesus does not ask this sufferer to exercise faith in Him. He simply says, “Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.” But the man’s faith takes hold upon that word. Every nerve and muscle thrills with new life, and healthful action comes to his crippled limbs. Without question he sets his will to obey the command of Christ, and all his muscles respond to his will. Springing to his feet, he finds himself an active man."

This picture stirs my heart this morning. The more I read of Jesus the more love is germinated in my own heart for Him and others. He is teaching me patience, compassion and mercy every day. My make up leans more towards 'justice' and Jesus is bringing me into balance with Him.

This poor crippled man was suffering mainly because of his own sin. Jesus knew this but His heart was so touched by the condition of this man that He could not just pass by. It's interesting to me that Jesus did not ask if he had faith. Is it because Jesus knowing his heart knew that this man had all the faith needed for Jesus to heal him?

I've often wondered if Jesus were living today would he be considered by some a 'street person'? Would he be walking our towns, villages and cities in Jeans and a T-shirt? Is Jesus real to us? If He knocked on our door today would we welcome Him inside or would we make Him wait outside until we put things in order. Or would we let Him in at all? He wants to come in just as we are. He will treat us just like He treated the crippled man by the pool. He will love us, tenderly care for us and most importantly heal us from our sins.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2019, 06:40:43 PM »
"By sin we have been severed from the life of God. Our souls are palsied. Of ourselves we are no more capable of living a holy life than was the impotent man capable of walking. There are many who realize their helplessness, and who long for that spiritual life which will bring them into harmony with God; they are vainly striving to obtain it. In despair they cry, “O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?” Romans 7:24, margin. Let these desponding, struggling ones look up. The Saviour is bending over the purchase of His blood, saying with inexpressible tenderness and pity, “Wilt thou be made whole?” He bids you arise in health and peace."

God's word says in 2 Samuel 22:7 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears. God yearns for each of His children to come and find peace and healing. Do not let the enemy tell you that you have gone to far....that you are too evil. Remember the thief on the cross....When he reached out to Jesus, Jesus said. " I promise you today, you will be with me in paradise." This is why Jesus came---To set us free from sin and give us the power to live a Holy Life. There is no guarantee we will be here tomorrow. Death may come unexpectedly. Satan wants you to think there is no need to hurry. Please don't listen to him...Come as you are...Come today... experience the forgiveness and peace that Jesus wants you to have. 

][u]Do not wait to feel that you are made whole. Believe His word, and it will be fulfilled.[/u] Put your will on the side of Christ. Will to serve Him, and in acting upon His word you will receive strength. Whatever may be the evil practice, the master passion which through long indulgence binds both soul and body, Christ is able and longs to deliver. He will impart life to the soul that is “dead in trespasses.” Ephesians 2:1. He will set free the captive that is held by weakness and misfortune and the chains of sin.[/u
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2019, 02:03:04 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Today is the day of salvation and it is as we surrender our will unreservedly to Christ that we experience the joy of salvation, in which we are brought into harmony with God so that like Christ, we may do our Father's will! While by nature we are sinners, by redemption we become partakers of the divine nature, and we are enabled to do the works of righteousness by faith inasmuch as Christ has pioneered the way for us to have His experience become ours! What a God we serve! He is not just merely interested in getting us IN to heaven someday, but today He desires us to be LIKE HIM in mind and character, receiving new thoughts and feelings from Him by grace through faith as we behold the loveliness of Jesus! The miracle is that He changes us so that we truly come to desire His will over our own, and we also come to experience that His will IS OUR WILL as long as we are abiding in Christ!! Such an experience is always fruitful, bearing all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing because Christ the hope of glory is enshrined in the soul! Let us experience oneness with God like Jesus did today and let Him lead the way all the way to when we see Jesus come in the clouds of glory--and spending eternity with Him!

"Jesus repelled the charge of blasphemy. My authority, He said, for doing the work of which you accuse Me, is that I am the Son of God, one with Him in nature, in will, and in purpose. In all His works of creation and providence, I co-operate with God. 'The Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He seeth the Father do.' The priests and rabbis were taking the Son of God to task for the very work He had been sent into the world to do. By their sins they had separated themselves from God, and in their pride were moving independently of Him. They felt sufficient in themselves for all things, and realized no need of a higher wisdom to direct their acts. But the Son of God was surrendered to the Father’s will, and dependent upon His power. So utterly was Christ emptied of self that He made no plans for Himself. He accepted God’s plans for Him, and day by day the Father unfolded His plans. So should we depend upon God, that our lives may be the simple outworking of His will." {The Desire of Ages, page 208, paragraph 2} 

God has plans for you today. Are you willing to let Him plan for you and unfold His will for your life step by step? This is heart work--trusting that God loves us and means to do us good! God does not always give us directions for tomorrow, but He will lead us in the way that we would choose if we could see the end from the beginning and discern the glory of the purpose we are fulfilling as co-workers with Himself!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2019, 08:13:14 PM »
Brother Beacon, do you realize what that statement means to the church? There are so very many who argue that Romans 7 is Paul writing about his experience after he was converted. In other words, the converted Christian does what he ought not, and does not do what he ought to. Romans 7:15, 19.  Not only does that go against Scripture, but it does not harmonize with what you just quoted. She was writing about those who strive to keep the law but cannot I guess many don't mind that because they think they are rich and increased with goods and in need of nothing even though they cannot keep the law. Again, they believe they are converted while sinning just as Romans 7 they say tells us. But, in Romans 7 Paul makes it abundantly clear that he was in bondage to sin, striving to keep the law that he could not, because he did not have a Savior helping him. He was beside himself because he knew he was condemned (Romans 7:9). In the end he consented to anything to be delivered from his bondage to sin. He prayed a prayer to God. "O wretched man that I am, who will deliver me from the body of this death." He did not know Jesus as Savior, so it was impossible for him to find power to overcome his own fallen nature since it was Jesus that not only was the answer, but was patiently waiting for the Pharisee of Pharisees to learn of his need of help from outside of himself so He could answer his prayers. Jesus did not wait after Saul prayed that prayer. There was no reason to.

Let all who are not sure about Romans 7, read again the statement Brother Beacon quoted.

"By sin we have been severed from the life of God. Our souls are palsied. Of ourselves we are no more capable of living a holy life than was the impotent man capable of walking. There are many who realize their helplessness, and who long for that spiritual life which will bring them into harmony with God; they are vainly striving to obtain it. In despair they cry, “O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?” Romans 7:24, margin.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2019, 05:21:33 PM »
"He who is seeking his own glory appeals to the desire for self-exaltation in others. To such appeals the Jews could respond. They would receive the false teacher because he flattered their pride by sanctioning their cherished opinions and traditions. But the teaching of Christ did not coincide with their ideas. It was spiritual, and demanded the sacrifice of self; therefore they would not receive it. They were not acquainted with God, and to them His voice through Christ was the voice of a stranger."

Is not the same thing repeated in our day? Are there not many, even religious leaders, who are hardening their hearts against the Holy Spirit, making it impossible for them to recognize the voice of God? Are they not rejecting the word of God, that they may keep their own traditions?

We must make sure that we are not seeking our own glory in anything we say or do while trying to uplift Jesus to our family, friends and other contacts. There is no place for anything among God's remnant people that leads to self glory  Pride is what caused Lucifer to have no ability to confess his wrong course of action. This in turn caused him and 1/3rd of the angels in heaven to be cast out of heaven to this planet where untold misery, pain and suffering, has taken place over the centuries of time as he imparted this same attitude into the hearts of all who would listen to him. This same pride, caused the Jewish leaders to reject Jesus and led to His crucifixion. My prayer is that we all may be willing to say to Jesus...."Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven" and with the same spirit which leads to eternal life. Not "I" but Christ.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2019, 04:19:22 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Happy Sabbath to all this wonderful day, in which Christ delights to heal and restore us to His image as we rest in Him!

I appreciated reading John 5 this morning in connection with the palsied man who was healed and enabled to walk! Jesus is speaking to us, too!!

"Through the same faith we may receive spiritual healing. By sin we have been severed from the life of God. Our souls are palsied. Of ourselves we are no more capable of living a holy life than was the impotent man capable of walking. There are many who realize their helplessness, and who long for that spiritual life which will bring them into harmony with God; they are vainly striving to obtain it. In despair they cry, 'O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?' Romans 7:24, margin. Let these desponding, struggling ones look up. The Saviour is bending over the purchase of His blood, saying with inexpressible tenderness and pity, 'Wilt thou be made whole?' He bids you arise in health and peace. Do not wait to feel that you are made whole. Believe His word, and it will be fulfilled. Put your will on the side of Christ. Will to serve Him, and in acting upon His word you will receive strength. Whatever may be the evil practice, the master passion which through long indulgence binds both soul and body, Christ is able and longs to deliver. He will impart life to the soul that is 'dead in trespasses.' Ephesians 2:1. He will set free the captive that is held by weakness and misfortune and the chains of sin." {The Desire of Ages, page 203, paragraph 2}

Jesus promises to deliver us as we yield to Him the whole heart! There is no limit to what He can do with us! He alone sees the full possibilities of what sinners transformed by His grace into saints can be both now and for eternity! As we invite Christ to do this work in and through us by a full surrender to Him, the supernatural divine nature is wrought out in our lives revealing all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Gladly we obey all of the light of God's law that has been revealed to us, as we grow in grace and reveal His glory more fully each day, for by beholding Christ in His loveliness, we are being changed into His image! What a restoration! What a miracle!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2019, 05:09:31 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean and Brother Beacon!  If we will take Jesus at His Word, we will be saved. There is no excuse for "unbelief."

As I read your posts I was impressed with Saul before his conversion. He was not acquainted with God. He did not hear that still small voice telling him he was a condemned sinner. When he called for the stoning of Stephen, and saw his face shining as that of an angel, he had opportunity to know himself condemned. But, he resisted the Spirit. Jesus did not give up on him. He continued to speak to him through His disciples that Saul was persecuting. He heard them praying for him. When Stephen revealed God's grace by saying "Lord, lay not this sin to their charge," (Acts 7:60) Saul was perplexed. But, he again did not understand that still small voice telling him he was a sinner condemned. When Saul could take it no longer and submitted to the truth of his condemnation, he prayed this prayer: "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"

This is a prayer of an unconverted sinner who has seen his condemnation has failed at keeping the law of God from the heart. When a sinner comes to this point, God does not put off answering the prayer for deliverance from sin. Jesus answered that prayer on the road to Damascus.

There are many who realize their helplessness, and who long for that spiritual life which will bring them into harmony with God; they are vainly striving to obtain it. In despair they cry, “O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?” Romans 7:24, margin. Let these desponding, struggling ones look up. The Saviour is bending over the purchase of His blood, saying with inexpressible tenderness and pity, “Wilt thou be made whole?” He bids you arise in health and peace. Do not wait to feel that you are made whole. Believe His word, and it will be fulfilled. Put your will on the side of Christ. Will to serve Him, and in acting upon His word you will receive strength. Whatever may be the evil practice, the master passion which through long indulgence binds both soul and body, Christ is able and longs to deliver. He will impart life to the soul that is “dead in trespasses.” Ephesians 2:1. He will set free the captive that is held by weakness and misfortune and the chains of sin.

Yes, Romans 7 is not the converted Christian, but it was the experience of Saul before he was converted. He was captive to the law of sin and death. Those who teach that Romans 7 is the Christian experience misunderstand and by teaching this lead sinners to believe they are saved in sin. That they do what they ought not do and do not do what they ought to do.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2019, 01:35:10 PM »
 "There are many who realize their helplessness, and who long for that spiritual life which will bring them into harmony with God; they are vainly striving to obtain it. In despair they cry, "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?" Romans 7:24, margin. Let these desponding, struggling ones look up. The Saviour is bending over the purchase of His blood, saying with inexpressible tenderness and pity, "Wilt thou be made whole?" He bids you arise in health and peace. Do not wait to feel that you are made whole. Believe His word, and it will be fulfilled."

Those who say that it is IMPOSSIBLE to obey the requirements of God are echoing the charge of Satan. But God never requires anything of us that isn't possible with His Power Abiding in our heart and mind.  It only becomes impossible when we refuse to give our ALL to Jesus!! We must be wiling to surrender our CHERISHED sins --- Then and only then will we be enabled by the power of the Holy Spirit to Live Totally For Jesus

"Put your will on the side of Christ. Will to serve Him, and in acting upon His word you will receive strength. Whatever may be the evil practice, the master passion which through long indulgence binds both soul and body, Christ is able and longs to deliver. He will impart life to the soul that is "dead in trespasses." Ephesians 2:1. He will set free the captive that is held by weakness and misfortune and the chains of sin."
[/u]
[ In Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, BUT WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE..”[/u]

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2019, 04:45:24 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon. We are evil by Nature and can do no good thing until we're born again from above. When we are born again of the spirit we are filled with the spirit and will manifest all the fruits of the spirit. Love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance. Being truly converted, we walk in the light as Jesus is in the light.

If we want to put our will on the side of Christ, we need to be able to trust him with all we are and all we have. In order to do that we need to know him in order to trust him. And how is it that we get this saving faith? Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word. The word is a revelation of Christ. The word was made flesh. We need to drink his blood and eat his flesh. Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that comes out of the mouth of God. If we could spend a thoughtful hour each day contemplating The Life of Christ especially the closing scenes, by beholding him we would be changed into his image.

Then when truly converted, we shall trust and depend upon Jesus as He depended upon His father.

Jesus repelled the charge of blasphemy. My authority, He said, for doing the work of which you accuse Me, is that I am the Son of God, one with Him in nature, in will, and in purpose. In all His works of creation and providence, I co-operate with God. “The Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He seeth the Father do.” The priests and rabbis were taking the Son of God to task for the very work He had been sent into the world to do. By their sins they had separated themselves from God, and in their pride were moving independently of Him. They felt sufficient in themselves for all things, and realized no need of a higher wisdom to direct their acts. But the Son of God was surrendered to the Father’s will, and dependent upon His power. So utterly was Christ emptied of self that He made no plans for Himself. He accepted God’s plans for Him, and day by day the Father unfolded His plans. So should we depend upon God, that our lives may be the simple outworking of His will.

Dorine

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2019, 09:05:18 AM »
......Christ declares that even now the power which gives life to the dead is among them, and they are to behold its manifestation. This same resurrection power is that which gives life to the soul “dead in trespasses and sins.” Ephesians 2:1. That spirit of life in Christ Jesus, “the power of His resurrection,” sets men “free from the law of sin and death.” Philippians 3:10; Romans 8:2. The dominion of evil is broken, and through faith the soul is kept from sin. He who opens his heart to the Spirit of Christ becomes a partaker of that mighty power which shall bring forth his body from the grave.

What wondrous news to meditate upon this day. As we connect our hearts in full surrender to God we then become partakers of His power that will raise us from the dead at His coming. That same power frees us from the penalty of sin and transforms us into His character. I can think of no better news for it is only by the grace of God this is made possible.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2019, 10:56:30 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Brother Richard and Sister Dorine!

As we meditate upon the way Christ healed through His word, we also may receive that same word to uplift us and transform us into His image! The guilty paralytic was transformed and healed by simply TRUSTING WHAT CHRIST SAID TO HIM! So simple, so profound, and so encouraging for us to take God at His word no matter how we may feel about it, or what our circumstances may be!

"Through the same faith we may receive spiritual healing. By sin we have been severed from the life of God. Our souls are palsied. Of ourselves we are no more capable of living a holy life than was the impotent man capable of walking. There are many who realize their helplessness, and who long for that spiritual life which will bring them into harmony with God; they are vainly striving to obtain it. In despair they cry, 'O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?' Romans 7:24, margin. Let these desponding, struggling ones look up. The Saviour is bending over the purchase of His blood, saying with inexpressible tenderness and pity, 'Wilt thou be made whole?' He bids you arise in health and peace. Do not wait to feel that you are made whole. Believe His word, and it will be fulfilled. Put your will on the side of Christ. Will to serve Him, and in acting upon His word you will receive strength. Whatever may be the evil practice, the master passion which through long indulgence binds both soul and body, Christ is able and longs to deliver. He will impart life to the soul that is 'dead in trespasses.' Ephesians 2:1. He will set free the captive that is held by weakness and misfortune and the chains of sin." {The Desire of Ages, page 203, paragraph 2} 

The goodness of God leads us to repentance, and as we see His loveliness in contrast with our sinfulness, we become willing to have the entire transformation wrought in our lives by which we become partakers of the divine nature, being filled with all of the fruits of the Spirit so that not one is missing! Being set free from sin means true, affectionate obedience to the will of God as revealed in the law of God!

Dorine

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2020, 05:29:05 AM »
"The words of Christ teach that we should regard ourselves as inseparably bound to our Father in heaven. Whatever our position, we are dependent upon God, who holds all destinies in His hands. He has appointed us our work, and has endowed us with faculties and means for that work. So long as we surrender the will to God, and trust in His strength and wisdom, we shall be guided in safe paths, to fulfill our appointed part in His great plan. But the one who depends upon his own wisdom and power is separating himself from God. Instead of working in unison with Christ, he is fulfilling the purpose of the enemy of God and man."

When I surrender my heart to Jesus He becomes my Life Saver, my Anchor, my Rock, my Ship, my lighthouse, my fog horn of warning and on and on I could go. I live by the sea and can relate to the objects I see there. I love His promise to guide us and give us what we need to fulfill His plan for our lives when we surrender our will to Him. I praise Him today for His unfailing love. What a chapter this is. I have it 'starred' and heavily underlined because it speaks to me in a very direct and special way. Christ laid His life down for me. By His grace I will live my life for Him.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2020, 06:50:20 AM »
Amen Sister Dorine. At last night's prayer meeting the question was asked as to what the will is. My response was it is our free will to choose whom we shall serve. We cannot be saved by our will. We see that in Romans seven where Saul willed to obey, but could not no matter how hard he tried. Then what do we do with our will? We will to overcome our selfishness by going to God. We must first understand that evil dwells in us and we have to find an answer outside of ourselves. Saul (Paul) did not understand there was a Savior, so he finally came to the point where he surrendered his will to God in hopes that God could help him. In answer to his prayer and his giving up his way, Jesus appeared to Him as the Savior from self and sin.

There is always so much in each chapter we read. Today, the bulk of the lesson has to do with how Jesus was persecuted and what was His response. We need to learn from this lesson. Too many believe they are just fine sitting back and letting false teachers continue misleading the church. Jesus is our example of how to deal with such things. There are times when we need to speak up and call sin sin. We need first to make sure the beam is out of our own eye so we do it in the right way.

The highest religious authorities of the nation were seeking the life of Him who declared Himself the restorer of Israel. The Lord of the Sabbath was arraigned before an earthly tribunal to answer the charge of breaking the Sabbath law. When He so fearlessly declared His mission, His judges looked upon Him with astonishment and rage; but His words were unanswerable. They could not condemn Him. He denied the right of the priests and rabbis to question Him, or to interfere with His work. They were invested with no such authority. Their claims were based upon their own pride and arrogance. He refused to plead guilty of their charges, or to be catechized by them.
Instead of apologizing for the act of which they complained, or explaining His purpose in doing it, Jesus turned upon the rulers, and the accused became the accuser. He rebuked them for the hardness of their hearts, and their ignorance of the Scriptures. He declared that they had rejected the word of God, inasmuch as they had rejected Him whom God had sent. “Ye search the Scriptures, because ye think that in them ye have eternal life; and these are they which bear witness of Me.” John 5:39, R. V.

Jesus knew what would happen when he healed the man at Bethesda, but it was His purpose to expose the false teaching on the Sabbath and the false teachers who were leading the God's people astray. So it is today. The gospel message has been so perverted that Laodiceans do not even understand what it means to be in a Laodicean condition and that it applies to God's church today. Thus, it is hard for revival to begin. What shall we do when we hear a false gospel being preached from the pulpit and printed on our presses? It would be good to spend a thoughtful hour beholding Jesus, then ask Him what to do.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2020, 07:38:26 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine and Brother Richard!

We need Jesus continually to do any good thing, and when we realize how helpless we are in ourselves, we will readily accept the divine power of His grace to raise us to walk by faith in Him!

Let us walk in Christ's freedom!

Beacon

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2020, 10:29:31 AM »
"The Saviour is bending over the purchase of His blood, saying with inexpressible tenderness and pity, 'Wilt thou be made whole?' He bids you arise in health and peace. Do not wait to feel that you are made whole. Believe His word, and it will be fulfilled. Put your will on the side of Christ. Will to serve Him, and in acting upon His word you will receive strength. Whatever may be the evil practice, the master passion which through long indulgence binds both soul and body, Christ is able and longs to deliver. He will impart life to the soul that is 'dead in trespasses.

Ephesians 2:1.says, "He will set free the captive that is held by weakness and misfortune and the chains of sin." & in Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

The message of the Old and New Testament is one and the same.....Revelation 3:20 says.... "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

Imagine receiving an invitation from the Lord of Lords of all the universe to come and join with Him in Life Everlasting! No more war, sorrow, sickness and viruses or famine, no more death and sadness, no more crime and injustices. I encourage you to join with me by saying "YES" to JESUS.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2020, 10:19:42 AM »
Every day we have a simple choice to make--will I surrender my life completely to Christ for Him to direct me, or will I choose my own way? It is not necessary to deliberately choose our own way--for by neglecting Christ, His word and prayer, we surely slide right back into the old ways of sin and self (our fallen nature is like water running downhill). Apart from a living connection with Christ in a moment-by-moment surrender, we are incapable of doing any good thing (think of the divine nature we receive in conversion as the power that God gives the salmon to swim upstream!). But when the whole heart is yielded to Jesus and we gladly go where He sends us, His purposes will be wrought out in our lives as living witnesses as He manifests through us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in true affectionate obedience!! What a privilege it is to know that we can be a part of God's plan today!!

"The words of Christ teach that we should regard ourselves as inseparably bound to our Father in heaven. Whatever our position, we are dependent upon God, who holds all destinies in His hands. He has appointed us our work, and has endowed us with faculties and means for that work. So long as we surrender the will to God, and trust in His strength and wisdom, we shall be guided in safe paths, to fulfill our appointed part in His great plan. But the one who depends upon his own wisdom and power is separating himself from God. Instead of working in unison with Christ, he is fulfilling the purpose of the enemy of God and man." {The Desire of Ages, page 209, paragraph 2}

There is no "neutral" position in the universe. We are either fulfilling God's will for our lives, or we are hindering God's plan by fulfilling Satan's plans that coincide with our natural selfishness. Let us learn of Christ daily and cling to Jesus who has promised to work in us to will and to do of His good pleasure when we have invited Him to reign supreme in our hearts!

Beacon

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2020, 10:55:37 AM »
"The Saviour is bending over the purchase of His blood, saying with inexpressible tenderness and pity, 'Wilt thou be made whole?' He bids you arise in health and peace. Do not wait to feel that you are made whole. Believe His word, and it will be fulfilled. Put your will on the side of "Christ. Will to serve Him, and in acting upon His word you will receive strength. Whatever may be the evil practice, the master passion which through long indulgence binds both soul and body, Christ is able and longs to deliver. He will impart life to the soul that is 'dead in trespasses.' Ephesians 2:1. He will set free the captive that is held by weakness and misfortune and the chains of sin."

Those who say that it is IMPOSSIBLE to obey the requirements of God are echoing the charge of Satan. But God never requires anything of us that isn't possible with His Power Abiding in our heart and mind.  It only becomes impossible when we refuse to give our ALL to Jesus!! We must be wiling to surrender our CHERISHED sins --- Then and only then will we be enabled by the power of the Holy Spirit to Live Totally For Jesus.

"So utterly was Christ emptied of self that He made no plans for Himself. He accepted God’s plans for Him, and day by day the Father unfolded His plans. So should we depend upon God, that our lives may be the simple outworking of His will."

HAVE FAITH DEAR FRIENDS, IN GOD - FOR WITH HIM "ALL THINGS" ARE POSSIBLE.

Lena

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2020, 11:19:07 PM »
Pastor Sean's comment made me think of this.

Some may say, Why is this message sounded so constantly in our ears? It is because you do not thoroughly repent. You do not live in Christ and have Christ abiding in you. When one idol is expelled from the soul, Satan has another prepared to supply its place. Unless you make an entire consecration to Christ and live in communion with Him, unless you make Him your Counselor, you will find that your heart, open to evil thoughts, is easily diverted from the service of God to the service of self. { 1SM 107.5}
At times you may have a desire to repent. But unless you decidedly reform and put into practice the truths you have learned, unless you have an active, working faith, a faith that is constantly increasing in strength, your repentance is as the morning dew. It will give no permanent relief to the soul. A repentance caused by a spasmodic exercise of the feelings is a repentance that needs to be repented of; for it is delusive. A violent exercise of the feelings, which does not produce in you the peaceable fruits of righteousness, leaves you in a worse state than you were in before. { 1SM 108.1}
Every day the tempter will be on your track with some delusive, plausible excuse for your self-serving, your self-pleasing, and you will fall back into your old practices, neglecting the work of serving God, by which you would gain hope and comfort and assurance. { 1SM 108.2}

Dorine

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2020, 03:45:27 AM »
Thank you Lena. These are gems to keep us reminded of how weak we are and how much we need Jesus every moment of every day. This statement especially jumped out at me. " A repentance caused by a spasmodic exercise of the feelings is a repentance that needs to be repented of; for it is delusive."