Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--20--Except Ye See Signs and Wonders  (Read 13801 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--20--Except Ye See Signs and Wonders
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2019, 04:44:44 PM »
The Saviour cannot withdraw from the soul that clings to Him, pleading its great need. "Go thy way," He said; "thy son liveth." The nobleman left the Saviour's presence with a peace and joy he had never known before. Not only did he believe that his son would be restored, but with strong confidence he trusted in Christ as the Redeemer. "

"The nobleman longed to know more of Christ. As he afterward heard His teaching, he and all his household became disciples. Their affliction was sanctified to the conversion of the entire family. Tidings of the miracle spread; and in Capernaum, where so many of His mighty works were performed, the way was prepared for Christ's personal ministry."

I felt very impressed with the statement that:  "The Saviour cannot withdraw from the soul that clings to Him, pleading its great need." Do we recognize our great need to the point that  "we" cling to Jesus" with that same earnestness?

If Not - Why Not?
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2019, 12:44:29 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! We need Jesus continually to do any good thing! What a Savior we have who can change hearts!!

Our hearts are the issue when it comes to what God wants to do for us. He knows that by nature we are selfish and that we have no power of ourselves to change that--but He offers us a remedy in Jesus. Christ, coming in humanity and being tempted in all points like as we are has lived a perfectly unselfish life amid trial and tribulation, and offers us His heart of faith working by love as the new heart experience of the gospel. Will we allow Christ to do the heart surgery on us morning by morning, and moment-by-moment?

We could compare the time in the morning spending a "thoughtful hour" on the life of Jesus as the heart transplant in which we behold His loveliness of character and surrender all the heart to Him to purify and cleanse from all selfishness by His grace; then we are to abide in Him in a moment-by-moment walk of faith with the ongoing realization of His love much like how our hearts pulse out the blood to every part of the body. Let us allow Christ to work in us to will and to do of His good pleasure so that we may serve Him imbued with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing, for this is the fruit of true conversion to Christ! Then we gladly obey the law of God from hearts renewed with unselfish love!

"Like a flash of light, the Saviour's words to the nobleman laid bare his heart. He saw that his motives in seeking Jesus were selfish. His vacillating faith appeared to him in its true character. In deep distress he realized that his doubt might cost the life of his son. He knew that he was in the presence of One who could read the thoughts, and to whom all things were possible. In an agony of supplication he cried, "Sir, come down ere my child die." His faith took hold upon Christ as did Jacob, when, wrestling with the Angel, he cried, 'I will not let Thee go, except Thou bless me.' Genesis 32:26." {The Desire of Ages, page 198, paragraph 4}

Jesus longs for us to SEE and REALIZE our deep need of Him (and vacillating faith indicates a great need!) so we may become transformed into His glorious image, His selfless character, from one degree of perfection to the next! "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect" (Matthew 5:48).   
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2019, 08:29:23 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. There is no greater sin than unbelief. The nobleman was selfish and Jesus helped him to see it. The trials in our life often what causes to stop and contemplate the reality of who we are and our need of God. The nobleman realized that his son's life was at stake, and he realized that his selfishness what's going to keep him from being healed. How is it that he could all of a sudden have faith to not only have his son healed, but for himself to obtain salvation? He had enough evidence to know that Jesus was the Messiah. But in his ignorance he judged Jesus based on how He appeared.

Notwithstanding all the evidence that Jesus was the Christ, the petitioner had determined to make his belief in Him conditional on the granting of his own request. The Saviour contrasted this questioning unbelief with the simple faith of the Samaritans, who asked for no miracle or sign. His word, the ever-present evidence of His divinity, had a convincing power that reached their hearts. Christ was pained that His own people, to whom the Sacred Oracles had been committed, should fail to hear the voice of God speaking to them in His Son. 

And so it is today, we have been entrusted with God's sacred oracles and yet so many fail to hear Him speaking the words of life. So many have before them the evidence of the power of Christ to transform their lives, but they allow selfishness to stand between them and God.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2020, 03:05:27 AM »
Everything Jesus does in our lives prepares for the next blessing He has in store. In passing through the trial of the affliction with the nobleman's son, and how Jesus miraculously healed him, bringing that whole family to saving faith, we see that God works all things together for our good. Let us rejoice in Christ and appreciate what He is able to do to turn our trials into triumph!

"The nobleman longed to know more of Christ. As he afterward heard His teaching, he and all his household became disciples. Their affliction was sanctified to the conversion of the entire family. Tidings of the miracle spread; and in Capernaum, where so many of His mighty works were performed, the way was prepared for Christ's personal ministry." {The Desire of Ages, page 200, paragraph 2}

As we yield the whole heart to Christ today so He can abide in us and bring forth all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing, we can rejoice in His love and seek to bless others with the testimony of what He has done in our lives!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2020, 04:45:12 AM »
"He who blessed the nobleman at Capernaum is just as desirous of blessing us. But like the afflicted father, we are often led to seek Jesus by the desire for some earthly good; and upon the granting of our request we rest our confidence in His love. The Saviour longs to give us a greater blessing than we ask; and He delays the answer to our request that He may show us the evil of our own hearts, and our deep need of His grace. He desires us to renounce the selfishness that leads us to seek Him. Confessing our helplessness and bitter need, we are to trust ourselves wholly to His love."

This statement should give us great confidence in our Saviour and strengthen our faith in Him. We are not left in the dark as to why we must wait at times for the answer to our prayers. If we compare ourselves to other's we will not see the selfishness that resides in our hearts. But as we look to Jesus He reveals to us our true condition so that we will confess our great need of Him and by faith believe what He says and follow. The more I learn of Him the more joy and gratitude fills my soul.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2020, 06:02:30 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean and Sister Dorine. When  we know Jesus as it is our privilege, we will trust Him to answer our prayers in the best possible way. Our faith does not depend upon what Jesus does, but what He has done. We have seen His character and we love and trust Him with the whole heart. Signs and wonders are not necessary for those who love Him supremely. We know that "all" things work for our good and His glory as we abide in Him

But, how about before we knew Him, before we trusted with all we have and all we are? A selfish heart seeks God that we might be receive from Him. That is how selfish man is converted. We can do no good thing before conversion, but we can seek God for selfish reasons that lead to conversion when we see our evil hearts and His grace towards us.

He who blessed the nobleman at Capernaum is just as desirous of blessing us. But like the afflicted father, we are often led to seek Jesus by the desire for some earthly good; and upon the granting of our request we rest our confidence in His love. The Saviour longs to give us a greater blessing than we ask; and He delays the answer to our request that He may show us the evil of our own hearts, and our deep need of His grace. He desires us to renounce the selfishness that leads us to seek Him. Confessing our helplessness and bitter need, we are to trust ourselves wholly to His love. 

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2020, 08:27:20 PM »
"The nobleman left the Saviour's presence with a peace and joy he had never known before. Not only did he believe that his son would be restored, but with strong confidence he trusted in Christ as the Redeemer. " "The nobleman longed to know more of Christ. As he afterward heard His teaching, he and all his household became disciples. Their affliction was sanctified to the conversion of the entire family. Tidings of the miracle spread; and in Capernaum, where so many of His mighty works were performed, the way was prepared for Christ's personal ministry."

"When we have asked for His blessing, we should believe that we receive it, and thank Him that we have received it. Then we are to go about our duties, assured that the blessing will be realized when we need it most. When we have learned to do this, we shall know that our prayers are answered."

God will do for us "exceeding abundantly," "according to the riches of His glory," and "the working of His mighty power." Ephesians 3:20, 16; 1:19.

Like the words of the song says, " "Trust and Obey, For there’s no other way To be happy in Jesus, But to trust and obey."

Happy Sabbath my Brothers and Sisters in Jesus!

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2020, 04:22:54 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon! Happy Sabbath to all!

May we today know by a personal experience the blessedness of entrusting our souls entirely into the divine hands of Jesus who can shape and adjust everything perfectly in our lives! We can invite Him into our hearts to renew them by His grace, accept His will for us, and allow Him to reveal the miracle of His converting grace whereby we are enabled to seek and serve Him from all selfless motives as we realize the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit can do for us more than we ask or think because of the merits of Christ's shed blood! When we have an abiding faith experience in Christ, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be evident in our lives without one trait of the divine nature missing!

"The nobleman wanted to see the fulfillment of his prayer before he should believe; but he had to accept the word of Jesus that his request was heard and the blessing granted. This lesson we also have to learn. Not because we see or feel that God hears us are we to believe. We are to trust in His promises. When we come to Him in faith, every petition enters the heart of God. When we have asked for His blessing, we should believe that we receive it, and thank Him that we have received it. Then we are to go about our duties, assured that the blessing will be realized when we need it most. When we have learned to do this, we shall know that our prayers are answered. God will do for us 'exceeding abundantly,' 'according to the riches of His glory,' and 'the working of His mighty power.' Ephesians 3:20, 16; 1:19." {The Desire of Ages, page 200, paragraph 4} 

Let us trust God to guide us this day in a moment-by-moment adventure of union and communion with Christ! As we allow Him to bless and guide in the way that He knows to be best, we can let His perfect love cast out fear, and His strength be made manifestly perfect in our weakness!

Dorine

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2020, 05:30:31 AM »
    "But He knew also that the father had, in his own mind, made conditions concerning his belief in Jesus. Unless his petition should be granted, he would not receive Him as the Messiah. While the officer waited in an agony of suspense, Jesus said, "Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe."    

........Like a flash of light, the Saviour's words to the nobleman laid bare his heart. He saw that his motives in seeking Jesus were selfish. His vacillating faith appeared to him in its true character. In deep distress he realized that his doubt might cost the life of his son. He knew that he was in the presence of One who could read the thoughts, and to whom all things were possible. In an agony of supplication he cried, "Sir, come down ere my child die." His faith took hold upon Christ as did Jacob, when, wrestling with the Angel, he cried, "I will not let Thee go, except Thou bless me." Genesis 32:26.      Like Jacob he prevailed. The Saviour cannot withdraw from the soul that clings to Him, pleading its great need. "Go thy way," He said; "thy son liveth." "

How many souls will be lost because of the times I have doubted. A most solemn and dreadful thought. Our lives are an open book before God. He wants to bless us abundantly more than we could ever imagine but He needs our hearts to be open to HIm so that He may come in and fill us with His love and sanctifying power. At the same time the blessings we receive are extended to others along our way. When I have prayed the prayer of Jacob God has blessed me with such sweet peace. It is not a two second prayer. It may extend for hours just as it did for Jacob. He will not disappoint. All is well because God has answered the prayer according to His will. What a marvelous, merciful God we serve.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2020, 09:14:33 AM »
Again, God reveals to us not only how selfish is the carnal heart of man, but that He loves us anyway. The man came because he wanted something from Jesus. So it is with all who are not converted. We are selfish. God did not come to save those who had no need, but to save the lost.

Like Jacob he prevailed. The Saviour cannot withdraw from the soul that clings to Him, pleading its great need. "Go thy way," He said; "thy son liveth." The nobleman left the Saviour's presence with a peace and joy he had never known before. Not only did he believe that his son would be restored, but with strong confidence he trusted in Christ as the Redeemer. 

We all have sinned and are in continuous need of a Savior in order to do any good thing. Lord take my heart for I cannot give it. I believe, take away all of my wretched miserable unbelief! What a God we love and serve! Have a blessed Sabbath dear friends!

Dorine

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2020, 05:22:21 AM »
"The nobleman wanted to see the fulfillment of his prayer before he should believe; but he had to accept the word of Jesus that his request was heard and the blessing granted. This lesson we also have to learn. Not because we see or feel that God hears us are we to believe. We are to trust in His promises. When we come to Him in faith, every petition enters the heart of God. When we have asked for His blessing, we should believe that we receive it, and thank Him that we have received it. Then we are to go about our duties, assured that the blessing will be realized when we need it most. When we have learned to do this, we shall know that our prayers are answered. God will do for us "exceeding abundantly," "according to the riches of His glory," and "the working of His mighty power." Ephesians 3:20, 16; 1:19.

I cling to these words this morning. If souls would just give Jesus a chance by believing Him and trying Him. He is good on His promises; everyone of them. When we learn to surrender our hearts and trust Him fully we will know the 'exceeding abundantly', that God is longing to do for us. This tells me that He has unexpected blessings beyond my imagination to pour out when I need it the most. That's what the nobleman experienced when Jesus revealed to him his selfish motives. When he saw his great need he gave his all to Christ and the results were beyond anything he had imagined.

"What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear.
We should never be  discouraged,
take it to the Lord in prayer."

Beacon

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2020, 06:45:16 AM »
"Not because we see or feel that God hears us are we to believe. We are to trust in His promises. When we come to Him in faith, every petition enters the heart of God. When we have asked for His blessing, we should believe that we receive it, and thank Him that we have received it. Then we are to go about our duties, assured that the blessing will be realized when we need it most.. [/u]

When we have learned to do this, we shall know that our prayers are answered. God will do for us 'exceeding abundantly,' 'according to the riches of His glory,' and 'the working of His mighty power.' Ephesians 3:20, 16; 1:19."

"The nobleman longed to know more of Christ. As he afterward heard His teaching, he and all his household became disciples.

How many times and with what degree of FAITH do we come to the Lord with our various requests perhaps feeling somewhat abandoned when we don't get an immediate answer? WHEN if by faith we could see the end of the journey and find out that all along Jesus had been walking right beside us through all of life's challenging chapters.

On a personal note, I am right now recovering from a bad case of shingles on the right side of my back and the painful nephropathy is challenging my faith as to why the Lord has allowed this to happen to me?

I have found new courage in today's reading not to doubt God's love even during times when it "seems " that God doesn't care. So again I turn my eyes upon Jesus and claim His promises for my life. I would encourage you to do the same.     

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2020, 07:43:10 AM »
We are fallen beings, and as such, until Christ has the ENTIRE heart, our motives in seeking Him will still be selfish--but He does not turn us away from Him! We can come to Him as we are, and we may find healing in His presence! Let us look to Christ and persevere in prayer, knowing He DOES want to answer our prayers in a way that not only brings us to true conversion (total surrender in abiding in His will so we allow His blood to cleanse us from all sin in true repentance so all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing). Then the trial turns to a benefit, and we have a testimony of His grace to share with others of what Christ has done for us!

"Like a flash of light, the Saviour's words to the nobleman laid bare his heart. He saw that his motives in seeking Jesus were selfish. His vacillating faith appeared to him in its true character. In deep distress he realized that his doubt might cost the life of his son. He knew that he was in the presence of One who could read the thoughts, and to whom all things were possible. In an agony of supplication he cried, 'Sir, come down ere my child die.' His faith took hold upon Christ as did Jacob, when, wrestling with the Angel, he cried, 'I will not let Thee go, except Thou bless me.' Genesis 32:26." {The Desire of Ages, page 198, paragraph 4}
     "Like Jacob he prevailed. The Saviour cannot withdraw from the soul that clings to Him, pleading its great need. "Go thy way," He said; "thy son liveth." The nobleman left the Saviour's presence with a peace and joy he had never known before. Not only did he believe that his son would be restored, but with strong confidence he trusted in Christ as the Redeemer." {The Desire of Ages, page 198, paragraph 5}

No matter how much the world seems to be falling apart, our lives may be held in the palm of God's hand by His divine grace as we choose Him continually! We need Jesus continually in order to do any good thing!

Beacon

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2020, 04:36:48 PM »
"The nobleman left the Saviour's presence with a peace and joy he had never known before. Not only did he believe that his son would be restored, but with strong confidence he trusted in Christ as the Redeemer.

"The nobleman longed to know more of Christ. As he afterward heard His teaching, he and all his household became disciples.

Their affliction was sanctified to the conversion of the entire family. Tidings of the miracle spread; and in Capernaum, where so many of His mighty works were performed, the way was prepared for Christ's personal ministry."

"When we have asked for His blessing, we should believe that we receive it, and thank Him that we have received it. Then we are to go about our duties, assured that the blessing will be realized when we need it most.

When we have learned to do this, we shall know that our prayers are answered."

God will do for us "exceeding abundantly," "according to the riches of His glory," and "the working of His mighty power." Ephesians 3:20, 16; 1:19.

Like the words of the song says,"Trust and Obey, For there’s no other way To be happy in Jesus, But to trust and obey."

Dorine

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2020, 04:08:32 AM »
"The father hurries on to greet his son. He clasps him to his heart as one restored from the dead, and thanks God again and again for this wonderful restoration.     

The nobleman longed to know more of Christ. As he afterward heard His teaching, he and all his household became disciples. Their affliction was sanctified to the conversion of the entire family. Tidings of the miracle spread; and in Capernaum, where so many of His mighty works were performed, the way was prepared for Christ's personal ministry.   

He who blessed the nobleman at Capernaum is just as desirous of blessing us. But like the afflicted father, we are often led to seek Jesus by the desire for some earthly good; and upon the granting of our request we rest our confidence in His love. The Saviour longs to give us a greater blessing than we ask; and He delays the answer to our request that He may show us the evil of our own hearts, and our deep need of His grace. He desires us to renounce the selfishness that leads us to seek Him. Confessing our helplessness and bitter need, we are to trust ourselves wholly to His love."

There is an old story told of a lady who every week in prayer meeting asked God to clear the cob webs from her heart. On one occasion a gentleman in the meeting prayed, "Dear Lord, please kill the spider in this dear ladies life." It has been told in different ways but the bottom line is the same. Jesus must have the whole heart or He can not cleanse it at all. Without the indwelling of God's spirit in the life our motives are selfish. Because of God's grace we may each day come to the foot of the cross in full surrender, seeking a new heart. He delights to answer this prayer. Feelings are not to dictate whether it is true. We are to move forward believing it is so. I need to be reminded of this every day.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2020, 07:24:59 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

God answers prayer not because we feel it, but because of His grace. He will turn no one away. We may come in our great need and find healing from sin by an immediate, complete surrender of our will to Him, thus receiving a new heart and a new mind imbued with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing. Then, as we pray for earthly blessings, we will let God choose how to answer best and in what timing. Apart from a continual union and communion with Christ we are by nature selfish and cannot change ourselves--that is why we need Jesus CONTINUALLY! The nobleman in Capernaum experienced the healing of his son once Jesus had converted his heart, thus giving him a greater blessing than he initially sought!

"Like Jacob he prevailed. The Saviour cannot withdraw from the soul that clings to Him, pleading its great need. 'Go thy way,' He said; 'thy son liveth.' The nobleman left the Saviour's presence with a peace and joy he had never known before. Not only did he believe that his son would be restored, but with strong confidence he trusted in Christ as the Redeemer." {The Desire of Ages, page 198, paragraph 5}

We may let God orchestrate His healing plan for our lives in the way that is best. Let us believe He answers every sincere prayer and be earnest, fervent, and consistent by abiding in Jesus. With God all things are possible!

Beacon

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2021, 05:57:15 AM »
"He who blessed the nobleman at Capernaum is just as desirous of blessing us. But like the afflicted father, we are often led to seek Jesus by the desire for some earthly good; and upon the granting of our request we rest our confidence in His love. The Saviour longs to give us a greater blessing than we ask; and He delays the answer to our request that He may show us the evil of our own hearts, and our deep need of His grace.

He desires us to renounce the selfishness that leads us to seek Him. "

Psalm 23
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Let us Rest in His Love and Trust in His Grace

Dorine

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2021, 06:30:35 AM »
   "He who blessed the nobleman at Capernaum is just as desirous of blessing us. But like the afflicted father, we are often led to seek Jesus by the desire for some earthly good; and upon the granting of our request we rest our confidence in His love. The Saviour longs to give us a greater blessing than we ask; and He delays the answer to our request that He may show us the evil of our own hearts, and our deep need of His grace. He desires us to renounce the selfishness that leads us to seek Him. Confessing our helplessness and bitter need, we are to trust ourselves wholly to His love."

Just a short chapter but so important for us to accept and understand. Such tender, patient love the Lord bestows upon us as He teaches us to put our complete trust in Him. The blessings that follow are numberless but to me the most important is the peace that comes with knowing that all is right between me and my Saviour and to have a testimony to share to encourage others to give their all to Him.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2021, 06:50:30 AM »
Over and over again we see the unity of doctrine God has given to us.

color=maroon] He who blessed the nobleman at Capernaum is just as desirous of blessing us. But like the afflicted father, we are often led to seek Jesus by the desire for some earthly good; and upon the granting of our request we rest our confidence in His love. The Saviour longs to give us a greater blessing than we ask; and He delays the answer to our request that He may show us the evil of our own hearts, and our deep need of His grace. He desires us to renounce the selfishness that leads us to seek Him. Confessing our helplessness and bitter need, we are to trust ourselves wholly to His love.  [/color]

We do not copy what others have posted, but God is leading us to see the same truth. What is today's reading designed to do? To reveal that before we are converted, we seek Jesus for selfish reasons. Why is that? Because before we are converted, we can do no good thing for the right reason. Why? Because we are evil by nature. A fallen nature can do nothing but evil. We live for our good, not God's nor our neighbor's. But, when we seek Jesus for a selfish reason, when we learn of Him, when we see He loves us so very much, what happens? We love Him because He first loves us. "He delays the answer to our request that He may show us the evil of our own hearts, and our deep need of His grace. He desires us to renounce the selfishness that leads us to seek Him."

When we are not converted, why does God delay answering our prayer? Because He wants us to see who we are apart from Him. He wants us to see our selfish motives. Because Sister Dorine and Brother Beacon have experienced this experience, they understand what is written. And as Sister Dorine has shared, it is not only the answer to prayers that we have, but God gives us a peace that passeth all understanding. He leaves us here and this Earth that we might share our testimony of that love, joy, and peace God wants us to have today. We will not have that peace until we trust Jesus with the whole heart. The motives must be pure and holy, and that can only be when we know God enough to trust Him with all we have and all we are. How can we come to this point? How do we come to trust anyone? It is by spending time with them and intimately knowing them.

Thus we have counsel from God: It would be well to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Jesus. "beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Cor. 3:18. Conversion is the end of a long protracted process of wooing by the Holy Spirit. He points our how much God loves us. Clearly revealed to us is this great love that was willing to risk losing His Son when He allowed Him to come to this dark spot in the universe a helpless baby subject our fallen nature, to fight the battle of life as we must fight it. Amazing love! Wonder O heavens and be astonished O Earth!   

Philip T

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2021, 07:42:00 AM »
     The nobleman wanted to see the fulfillment of his prayer before he should believe; but he had to accept the word of Jesus that his request was heard and the blessing granted. This lesson we also have to learn. Not because we see or feel that God hears us are we to believe. We are to trust in His promises. When we come to Him in faith, every petition enters the heart of God. When we have asked for His blessing, we should believe that we receive it, and thank Him that we have received it. Then we are to go about our duties, assured that the blessing will be realized when we need it most. When we have learned to do this, we shall know that our prayers are answered. God will do for us "exceeding abundantly," "according to the riches of His glory," and "the working of His mighty power." Ephesians 3:20, 16; 1:19.

Amen Brother Bacon, Richard, and Sister Dorine.  It is faith that is the key to Jesus fulfilling His promises when the are prayed for, and from this section of the chapter I see God's love shining forth. We are to request and have faith that the promise claimed is answered, and thanked him for granting it, even before it is granted. Then go about our daily lives as though it has been promised; however, we see God's love in that he grants that request or promise at the time we need it most. Not always instantly but when we are in the most need. What a loving and caring God we serve.