Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--16--In His Temple  (Read 26129 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--16--In His Temple
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2023, 06:25:10 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

Since the whole ritual economy was symbolical of Christ, it had no value apart from Him. When the Jews sealed their rejection of Christ by delivering Him to death, they rejected all that gave significance to the temple and its services. Its sacredness had departed. It was doomed to destruction. From that day sacrificial offerings and the service connected with them were meaningless. Like the offering of Cain, they did not express faith in the Saviour. In putting Christ to death, the Jews virtually destroyed their temple. When Christ was crucified, the inner veil of the temple was rent in twain from top to bottom, signifying that the great final sacrifice had been made, and that the system of sacrificial offerings was forever at an end.

And today there is a movement withing professing Protestant churches that Israel will build a temple and begin making sacrifices. Such an abomination! This is why they are called Babylon. Just as Israel perverted the  gospel, so it is today. Satan has succeeded in perverting the gospel of grace. And within God's church there are those who teach that we are to  keep the feast days.    But, what did we read today? "From that day sacrificial offerings and the service connected with them were meaningless."  We do not keep the Passover. Instead we celebrate the Lord's Supper. "Christ was standing at the point of transition between two economies and their two great festivals. He, the spotless Lamb of God, was about to present Himself as a sin offering, that He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death. As He ate the Passover with His disciples, He instituted in its place the service that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice. The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages."  DA 652.

Keeping the feast days brings reproach upon His church. They along with the sacrifices have been nailed to the  cross. While as Sister Dorine has pointed out, this truth does step on toes. But, we need to remove that reproach as far as we can. The keeping of the feast days is indeed mingled with a great truth. The teachers of the feast days claim it is moral law. They have discovered that which many do not understand, that in the statutes and judgment in the Old Testament there are moral laws that are binding today. But, the feast days are not moral law as they teach. It would be good to study this subject that we might be blessed by discovering that which is moral law. By keeping it we will be blessed. One such law that we do understand is the health message. It is moral law and is binding today. Food which is unclean, we are not to eat. Today it extends beyond that which is mentioned in the Bible. As Brother Beacon has pointed out, Jesus wants to cleanse the heart. Then we shall want to discover those statutes and judgments that we might be blessed even more than we are blessed now.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2023, 06:43:51 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard!!

Praise God for the cleansing of soul that Jesus offers us, in light of His cleansing of the earthly temple in His ministry when He came to this earth.

"In the cleansing of the temple, Jesus was announcing His mission as the Messiah, and entering upon His work. That temple, erected for the abode of the divine Presence, was designed to be an object lesson for Israel and for the world. From eternal ages it was God's purpose that every created being, from the bright and holy seraph to man, should be a temple for the indwelling of the Creator. Because of sin, humanity ceased to be a temple for God. Darkened and defiled by evil, the heart of man no longer revealed the glory of the Divine One. But by the incarnation of the Son of God, the purpose of Heaven is fulfilled. God dwells in humanity, and through saving grace the heart of man becomes again His temple. God designed that the temple at Jerusalem should be a continual witness to the high destiny open to every soul. But the Jews had not understood the significance of the building they regarded with so much pride. They did not yield themselves as holy temples for the Divine Spirit. The courts of the temple at Jerusalem, filled with the tumult of unholy traffic, represented all too truly the temple of the heart, defiled by the presence of sensual passion and unholy thoughts. In cleansing the temple from the world's buyers and sellers, Jesus announced His mission to cleanse the heart from the defilement of sin,—from the earthly desires, the selfish lusts, the evil habits, that corrupt the soul. 'The Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to His temple, even the Messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, He shall come, saith the Lord of hosts. But who may abide the day of His coming? and who shall stand when He appeareth? for He is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers’ soap: and He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver.' Malachi 3:1-3." {The Desire of Ages, page 161, paragraph 1}

God is able to save to the uttermost to all who come unto Him by grace through faith, surrendering the whole heart to Christ and letting Him live out His life in and through them to be a blessing to others! All of the fruits of the Spirit are seen in the life of the converted soul who lets Jesus abide, cleansing the soul from sin, which is the transgression of the law of God! Will you let Jesus fully cleanse you? It will lead you to be the most blessed being possible, for God's ways are always better than the corrupting ways of the world, the flesh and the devil!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2023, 08:30:19 PM »
'The Jews had not understood the significance of the building they regarded with so much pride."

"They did not yield themselves as holy temples for the Divine Spirit."

"The courts of the temple at Jerusalem, filled with the tumult of unholy traffic, represented all too truly the temple of the heart, defiled by the presence of sensual passion and unholy thoughts".

"In cleansing the temple from the world's buyers and sellers, Jesus announced His mission to cleanse the heart from the defilement of sin,—from the earthly desires, the selfish lusts, the evil habits, that corrupt the soul."

"The Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to His temple, even the Messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, He shall come, saith the Lord of hosts. But who may abide the day of His coming? and who shall stand when He appeareth? for He is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers’ soap: and He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver.' Malachi 3:1-3."

I want to be ready to meet our Jesus - Don't You?  "NOW" would be a good time for another session of personal introspection!
=========================

Beneath the cross of Jesus
  I fain would take my stand,
The shadow of a mighty Rock
  Within a weary land;
A home within the wilderness,
  A rest upon the way,
From the burning of the noontide heat,
  And the burden of the day.
Oh, safe and happy shelter!
  Oh, refuge tried and sweet!
Oh, trysting place where heaven’s love
  And heaven’s justice meet.
As to the holy patriarch
  That wondrous dream was given,
So is my Savior by the cross
  A ladder up to heaven.
There lies beneath its shadow,
  But on the farther side,
The darkness of an awful grave
  That gapes both deep and wide;
And there between us stands the cross,
  Two arms outstretched to save,
Like a watchman set to guard the way
  From that eternal grave.
Upon that cross of Jesus
  Mine eye at times can see
The very dying form of One,
  Who suffered there for me;
And from my smitten heart, with tears,
  Two wonders I confess,
The wonders of His glorious love,
  And my own worthlessness.
I take, O cross, thy shadow
  For my abiding place;
I ask no other sunshine than
  The sunshine of His face;
Content to let the world go by,
  To know no gain nor loss,
My sinful self my only shame,
  My glory all the cross.

Lyrics:Elizabeth Cecilia Clephane (1830-1869)
Music:Frederick Charles Maker (1844-1927)

Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2023, 09:18:14 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon. Jesus wants the heart, the whole heart.

"He will come, not for one day merely; for He says, "I will dwell in them, and walk in them; . . . and they shall be My people." "He will subdue our iniquities; and Thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea." 2 Cor. 6:16; Micah 7:19.His presence will cleanse and sanctify the soul, so that it may be a holy temple unto the Lord, and "an habitation of God through the Spirit." Eph. 2:21, 22."
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2023, 01:51:18 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

What an incredible, high purpose our lives have!

"'Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.' 1 Corinthians 3:16, 17. No man can of himself cast out the evil throng that have taken possession of the heart. Only Christ can cleanse the soul temple. But He will not force an entrance. He comes not into the heart as to the temple of old; but He says, 'Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him.' Revelation 3:20. He will come, not for one day merely; for He says, 'I will dwell in them, and walk in them; ... and they shall be My people.' 'He will subdue our iniquities; and Thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.' 2 Corinthians 6:16; Micah 7:19. His presence will cleanse and sanctify the soul, so that it may be a holy temple unto the Lord, and “an habitation of God through the Spirit.' Ephesians 2:21, 22." {The Desire of Ages, page 161, paragraph 2}

When Christ abides in us, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be revealed in the life that is brought into true obedience to all of God's commandments! The heart that is fully surrendered to Christ is cleansed from sin so the joy of divine communion becomes the highest delight, and the subtle and deceptive "pleasures of sin for a season" (Hebrews 11:25) are cast away as worthless. Confessing and forsaking all sin in the true repentance that is the gift of God, the focus of the life is transformed for the glory of God and the saving of souls!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2024, 08:09:47 PM »
"God dwells in humanity, and through saving grace the heart of man becomes again His temple."

"God designed that the temple at Jerusalem should be a continual witness to the high destiny open to every soul."

"But the Jews had not understood the significance of the building they regarded with so much pride. They did not yield themselves as holy temples for the Divine Spirit."

"The courts of the temple at Jerusalem, filled with the tumult of unholy traffic, represented all too truly the temple of the heart, defiled by the presence of sensual passion and unholy thoughts."

"In cleansing the temple from the world's buyers and sellers, Jesus announced His mission to cleanse the heart from the defilement of sin,—from the earthly desires, the selfish lusts, the evil habits, that corrupt the soul."

"The Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to His temple, even the Messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, He shall come, saith the Lord of hosts. But who may abide the day of His coming? and who shall stand when He appeareth? for He is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers’ soap: and He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver.' Malachi 3:1-3.

Are "WE"willing to ask the Lord to cleanse "OUR" hearts from the defilement of sin??

=========================
Beneath the cross of Jesus
  I fain would take my stand,
The shadow of a mighty Rock
  Within a weary land;
A home within the wilderness,
  A rest upon the way,
From the burning of the noontide heat,
  And the burden of the day.
Oh, safe and happy shelter!
  Oh, refuge tried and sweet!
Oh, trysting place where heaven’s love
  And heaven’s justice meet.
As to the holy patriarch
  That wondrous dream was given,
So is my Savior by the cross
  A ladder up to heaven.
There lies beneath its shadow,
  But on the farther side,
The darkness of an awful grave
  That gapes both deep and wide;
And there between us stands the cross,
  Two arms outstretched to save,
Like a watchman set to guard the way
  From that eternal grave.
Upon that cross of Jesus
  Mine eye at times can see
The very dying form of One,
  Who suffered there for me;
And from my smitten heart, with tears,
  Two wonders I confess,
The wonders of His glorious love,
  And my own worthlessness.
I take, O cross, thy shadow
  For my abiding place;
I ask no other sunshine than
  The sunshine of His face;
Content to let the world go by,
  To know no gain nor loss,
My sinful self my only shame,
  My glory all the cross.

Lyrics:Elizabeth Cecilia Clephane (1830-1869)
Music:Frederick Charles Maker (1844-1927)
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2024, 03:33:32 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Happy Sabbath!

What a blessing it is to realize the efficacy of Christ's sufferings and sacrificial death for us at Calvary, His resurrection, and His current high priestly ministry in the sanctuary in heaven! He can fully cleanse us from sin if we are willing to be made willing as new creatures in Christ Jesus! He has promised to return, and He has given us the promise of the presence of the Holy Spirit to guide the ministry here on earth until He comes! The gospel is to go to the whole world, and we need to stay vitally connected to Jesus moment by moment!

"'Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.' Heb. 7:25. Though the ministration was to be removed from the earthly to the heavenly temple; though the sanctuary and our great high priest would be invisible to human sight, yet the disciples were to suffer no loss thereby. They would realize no break in their communion, and no diminution of power because of the Saviour's absence. While Jesus ministers in the sanctuary above, He is still by His Spirit the minister of the church on earth. He is withdrawn from the eye of sense, but His parting promise is fulfilled, 'Lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.' Matt. 28:20. While He delegates His power to inferior ministers, His energizing presence is still with His church." {The Desire of Ages, page 166, paragraph 2}

"Strength to resist evil is best gained by aggressive service." {The Acts of the Apostles, page 105, paragraph 2}
May our greatest joy be in doing God's will! As we surrender fully to Christ, let Him renew our heart by divine grace, receive the Holy Spirit into the heart so that all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing are manifest, and gladly obey God up to the light we have received, we can keep growing in grace and strength as we apply His precious promises to our need! Instead of sin, we can go about doing good through a constant union and communion with Jesus! Look above the trials of this life to the power and glory of Jesus' ministry and promise to return! He is blotting out the sins of those who have accepted Him as personal Lord and Savior and have continued to walk in abiding trust and obedience with Him. Let not sin separate you from God, for probation will close and every decision will be final. Today is the day of salvation! "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" (John 14:1-13). Praise God!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2024, 05:06:03 AM »
Amen my dear brothers!  It is the spilled blood of our Savior that will transform all who come to Him just as we are. We need to feed upon Him daily in order to remain intimately connected to our Savior.

And, there is in today's reading something important that many do not understand. The feast days came to their end with the death of our Savior. Most in the church understand this. But, there is need to help our friends who do not understand.

Since the whole ritual economy was symbolical of Christ, it had no value apart from Him. When the Jews sealed their rejection of Christ by delivering Him to death, they rejected all that gave significance to the temple and its services. Its sacredness had departed. It was doomed to destruction. From that day sacrificial offerings and the service connected with them were meaningless. Like the offering of Cain, they did not express faith in the Saviour. In putting Christ to death, the Jews virtually destroyed their temple. When Christ was crucified, the inner veil of the temple was rent in twain from top to bottom, signifying that the great final sacrifice had been made, and that the system of sacrificial offerings was forever at an end.

Mark this statement so that you can help those who are seeking truth and have been or will be led astray by the false teaching of the feast days.

May God bless your Sabbath Day where ever you are!