Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--17--Nicodemus  (Read 41984 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--17--Nicodemus
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2021, 02:19:34 AM »
"The light shining from the cross reveals the love of God. His love is drawing us to Himself."

"If we do not resist this drawing, we shall be led to the foot of the cross in repentance for the sins that have crucified the Saviour. Then the Spirit of God through faith produces a new life in the soul.

"The thoughts and desires are brought into obedience to the will of Christ. The heart, the mind, are created anew in the image of Him who works in us to subdue all things to Himself. "

Then the law of God is written in the mind and heart, and we can say with Christ, 'I delight to do Thy will, O my God.' Psalm 40:8."[/size

We should never be discouraged in our work with Christ for the redemption of our family & friends, but let us remember that special sequence of... 1st. Planting the Seed. 2nd. Watering the Seed, 3.Weeding around the Seed. This is how Jesus worked and He is our number #1 example. So let us pray for wisdom as we work in the Lord's vineyard and be an example of love, and compassion for the lost. Let us not forget what Jesus has done and is doing for us. The true conversion of Nicodemus was a huge blessing to the early church after the ascension of Jesus   
Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2021, 03:51:34 AM »
"But Jesus was acquainted with the soil into which He cast the seed. The words spoken at night to one listener in the lonely mountain were not lost. For a time Nicodemus did not publicly acknowledge Christ, but he watched His life, and pondered His teachings. In the Sanhedrin council he repeatedly thwarted the schemes of the priests to destroy Him. When at last Jesus was lifted up on the cross, Nicodemus remembered the teaching upon Olivet: “As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.” The light from that secret interview illumined the cross upon Calvary, and Nicodemus saw in Jesus the world’s Redeemer."

As we look and live as Nicodemus did our hearts will be ready to carry the same truth to all who will listen. We can not explain the details of how it happens. We just know it does because we have put it to the test. Hearts have been softened, convicted, repentant by the impressions of the Holy Spirit. God's transforming power is experienced by all who come to Jesus.  The new birth consists in having new motives, new tastes, new tendencies and in all their habits and practices, they will give evidence of their relationship to Christ.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2021, 09:06:45 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

Someone is drawing you to Himself. Who is it? It is Jesus! He yearns over you with a longing that is incomprehensible! His love does not grow cold and His efforts to win your heart do not cease! May we ever keep our hearts tender and receptive to Jesus' love so that the converting power of His grace may restore us into His image by making us partakers of the divine nature whereby all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in the life without one missing! We are to look to Him, surrender the whole heart, and allow Him to work in us to will and to do of His good pleasure!

"The wind is heard among the branches of the trees, rustling the leaves and flowers; yet it is invisible, and no man knows whence it comes or whither it goes. So with the work of the Holy Spirit upon the heart. It can no more be explained than can the movements of the wind. A person may not be able to tell the exact time or place, or to trace all the circumstances in the process of conversion; but this does not prove him to be unconverted. By an agency as unseen as the wind, Christ is constantly working upon the heart. Little by little, perhaps unconsciously to the receiver, impressions are made that tend to draw the soul to Christ. These may be received through meditating upon Him, through reading the Scriptures, or through hearing the word from the living preacher. Suddenly, as the Spirit comes with more direct appeal, the soul gladly surrenders itself to Jesus. By many this is called sudden conversion; but it is the result of long wooing by the Spirit of God,—a patient, protracted process." {The Desire of Ages, page 172, paragraph 3}

God sees that IT IS WORTH IT to draw us to Himself. He knows that He can provide a love that will satisfy the soul that can be found in no other source in the universe. Simply put, trying to find meaning and purpose in life without Jesus is IMPOSSIBLE! Look to Him and let Him do the greatest miracle in your life--making you a new creature who loves Jesus and loves others unselfishly!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2022, 08:08:44 PM »
"A person may not be able to tell the exact time or place, or to trace all the circumstances in the process of conversion; but this does not prove him to be unconverted."

"By an agency as unseen as the wind, Christ is constantly working upon the heart."

"Little by little, perhaps unconsciously to the receiver, impressions are made that tend to draw the soul to Christ."

"These may be received through meditating upon Him, through reading the Scriptures, or through hearing the word from the living preacher."

"Suddenly, as the Spirit comes with more direct appeal, the soul gladly surrenders itself to Jesus."

How thankful we should be that Jesus never gives up on us. Look at what happen to the thief on the cross next to Jesus when he cried out...." Lord, remember me when thou come into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, "Verily I say unto thee today, thou shalt be with me in paradise." Luke 23:42

May I invite you take or renew your stand with Jesus?

Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bid’st me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come! I come!
Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot;
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!
Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt;
Fightings within, and fears without,
Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind;
Yes, all I need, in Thee to find,
Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Has broken every barrier down;
Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,

Lyrics:Charlotte Elliott (1789-1871)
Music:William Batchelder Bradbury (1816-1868)

Dorine

« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2022, 04:48:17 AM »
Like Nicodemus, we must be willing to enter into life in the same way as the chief of sinners. Than Christ, “there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” Acts 4:12. Through faith we receive the grace of God; but faith is not our Saviour. It earns nothing. It is the hand by which we lay hold upon Christ, and appropriate His merits, the remedy for sin. And we cannot even repent without the aid of the Spirit of God. The Scripture says of Christ, “Him hath God exalted with His right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.” Acts 5:31. Repentance comes from Christ as truly as does pardon.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2022, 07:55:21 AM »
Amen my brother and sister!! It is not hard to understand what we must do in order to be saved (transformed). We must look and live. Grace is the very foundation of our faith. It surrounds us as thick as the air we breathe! We need to drink it in. "You must drink my blood and eat my flesh." We are saved by grace through faith.

How, then, are we to be saved? “As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness,” so the Son of man has been lifted up, and everyone who has been deceived and bitten by the serpent may look and live. “Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” John 1:29. The light shining from the cross reveals the love of God. His love is drawing us to Himself. If we do not resist this drawing, we shall be led to the foot of the cross in repentance for the sins that have crucified the Saviour. Then the Spirit of God through faith produces a new life in the soul. The thoughts and desires are brought into obedience to the will of Christ. The heart, the mind, are created anew in the image of Him who works in us to subdue all things to Himself. Then the law of God is written in the mind and heart, and we can say with Christ, “I delight to do Thy will, O my God.” Psalm 40:8.

In the interview with Nicodemus, Jesus unfolded the plan of salvation, and His mission to the world. In none of His subsequent discourses did He explain so fully, step by step, the work necessary to be done in the hearts of all who would inherit the kingdom of heaven. At the very beginning of His ministry He opened the truth to a member of the Sanhedrin, to the mind that was most receptive, and to an appointed teacher of the people. But the leaders of Israel did not welcome the light. Nicodemus hid the truth in his heart, and for three years there was little apparent fruit.

Amen! Nowhere did Jesus explain the gospel better than He did to Nicodemus. All have been born of the Spirit, but we must be born again of the Spirit by beholding the grace of God. We must return to the fountain to receive new stores of grace daily that we might remember the cost paid for our salvation. It would be well to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ, especially the closing scenes. Therefore, we have place this forum at the top of all others, and we keep this chapter stickied so all may understand how it is that sinful man can be transformed into the image of God (2 Cor. 3:18). By beholding Jesus uplifted we will be recreated in His image (character). It is the greatest of all miracles!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2022, 06:07:23 PM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Richard!

What a blessing that Jesus can totally transform the heart that is yielded to Him! There is nothing too hard for the Lord! By looking to the uplifted, crucified and risen Savior, surrendering the entire heart to Him to cleanse and purify, and walking in the way that He chooses for us, we can have rest and joy in the soul as the Holy Spirit will manifest through us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Thankfully, we can see how Jesus addressed Nicodemus in the interview Christ had with him at the beginning of His ministry, which John the evangelist would record for the blessing of millions!

"Jesus continued: 'That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.' By nature the heart is evil, and 'who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.' Job 14:4. No human invention can find a remedy for the sinning soul. 'The carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.' 'Out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.' Romans 8:7; Matthew 15:19. The fountain of the heart must be purified before the streams can become pure. He who is trying to reach heaven by his own works in keeping the law is attempting an impossibility. There is no safety for one who has merely a legal religion, a form of godliness. The Christian’s life is not a modification or improvement of the old, but a transformation of nature. There is a death to self and sin, and a new life altogether. This change can be brought about only by the effectual working of the Holy Spirit." {The Desire of Ages, page 172, paragraph 1}

When we have Christ working in us, it means continual victory in true conversion! May you walk in the light of the loveliness of Jesus because of what He has done for you!! We love Him because He first loved us!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2022, 08:11:02 PM »
"The fountain of the heart must be purified before the streams can become pure."

"He who is trying to reach heaven by his own works in keeping the law is attempting an impossibility."

"There is "no safety" for one who has merely a legal religion, a form of godliness."

"The Christian’s life is not a modification or improvement of the old."

"It is a transformation of nature."

"There is a death to self and sin, and a new life altogether."

"This change can be brought about only by the effectual working of the Holy Spirit."

The question is...Are we seeking Jesus to help us experience this..

"Death to Sin & Self"?

========================

Thy Holy Spirit, Lord, alone
  Can meet our need today;
His might alone empow’ring us
  Can bring us neath Thy sway.
    Thy Spirit of pow’r with might,
Send in our midst, we pray,
And come upon each seeking soul;
  Baptize us with power today.
Thy Holy Spirit, Lord, alone
  Can grant us Thy desire;
His power alone can turn our heart
  And light the sacred fire.
Thy Holy Spirit, Lord, can give
  The gifts we seek to share;
His pow’r can signs and wonders work
  And stir up holy fear.
Thy Holy Spirit, Lord, can bring
  The show’r we need this hour;
And while we seek, Lord Jesus, come
  In motivating power.
Thy Spirit of pow’r with might,
  Send in our midst, we pray,
And like a rushing, mighty wind
  Sweep over our souls today.

Lyrics:Adapted from Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915) bio
Music:William James Kirkpatrick (1838-1921)

Dorine

« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2022, 05:45:14 AM »
"Since hearing Jesus, Nicodemus had anxiously studied the prophecies relating to the Messiah; and the more he searched, the stronger was his conviction that this was the One who was to come. With many others in Israel he had been greatly distressed by the profanation of the temple. He was a witness of the scene when Jesus drove out the buyers and the sellers; he beheld the wonderful manifestation of divine power; he saw the Saviour receiving the poor and healing the sick; he saw their looks of joy, and heard their words of praise; and he could not doubt that Jesus of Nazareth was the Sent of God."

I was impressed this morning as I was reading this section that our leaders need our prayers more than ever. As pride and self glory multiplies there are those who are going to the scriptures for insight and wisdom and in time will stand up for righteousness. Nicodemus struggled with the fact that he needed to be born again but instead of hardening his heart against Jesus he accepted what Jesus had to say and secretly became a follower and later openly confessed Him. Our leaders carry great responsibilities and have pressures we know nothing of. Instead of being shocked and critical of the things we learn may our prayers for them be of sorrow and compassion praying that they will do as Nicodemus and let God soften their hearts and take their stand for Christ.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2022, 09:04:54 AM »
Amen Sister Dorine!   Once again we come to this chapter that is always at the top of all other  topics.  Why? If you have spiritual eyesight, you will understand why. In a Laodicean Church, there are three most important needs. We need to understand our condition as a people and as an individual. We need to understand the church remains in a lost condition, not all, but many. The Comforter was sent to reveal sin, righteousness, and judgment. Few rightly understand as it applies to self first. Once convinced of sin and condemnation, we are to understand the covenant promise to give us a hatred for sin, a righteous moral character. And last how it is that we are to obtain this transformation of character. All of this is revealed in this chapter. It was given for Israel of Old and was rejected by most. So it is today, it is a message directly from Jesus for modern day Israel.

It would be well to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating what is in this chapter until these three points are understood. Then, it would be good to make it a habit to spend a thoughtful hour a day reading the rest of the chapters in this book, for by so doing you will be born of the Spirit which brings love, joy, and peace to all who will take time to behold the loveliness of Jesus.

"The fountain of the heart must be purified before the streams can become pure."

"The Christian’s life is not a modification or improvement of the old."

"It is a transformation of nature."

"There is a death to self and sin, and a new life altogether."

"This change can be brought about only by the effectual working of the Holy Spirit."

The question is...Are we seeking Jesus to help us experience this.."Death to Sin & Self"?

All is underlined in this chapter, so it is hard to pick a topic to share. I was impressed to encourage all who are reading or who will read in the future, to carefully study the whole chapter that you may be blessed as we who are posting regularly are blessed. Have a blessed Sabbath dear friends.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2022, 08:01:26 PM »
"No human invention can find a remedy for the sinning soul."

"Out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. Romans 8:7; Matthew 15:19.

"He who is trying to reach heaven by his own works in keeping the law is attempting an impossibility."

"There is no safety for one who has merely a legal religion, a form of godliness."

"The Christian’s life is not a modification or improvement of the old, but a transformation of nature."

"There is a death to self and sin, and a new life altogether. "

The " GOOD NEWS " that Jesus said in...

"Matthew 7:7-12
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."

"Jesus said it and I believe it and that's good enough for me....How about " YOU "?

=================================

Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.
    Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Oh, that it may be no more I,
    But Christ that lives in me.

Not I, but Christ to gently soothe in sorrow,
Not I, but Christ to wipe the falling tear;
Christ, only Christ, for spirit, soul, and body,
Christ, only Christ, live then Thy life in me.

Christ, only Christ, ere long will fill my vision,
Glory excelling soon, full soon I’ll see;
Christ, only Christ, my every wish fulfilling,
Christ, only Christ, my all in all to be.

Lyrics:Mrs. Ada A. Whiddington (1891)
Music:Albert Benjamin Simpson (1843-1919)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2022, 05:05:14 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!! Christ can convert our hearts as we ask Him to do so!

You are being drawn to Christ right now. If you do not resist Him, you will be led to look to Christ in simple faith and live. A new heart and a new mind are offered you by the atoning blood of Christ and the renewing of the Holy Spirit. When you surrender the whole heart to Christ, the greatest miracle takes place--you become a new creation--and all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be revealed in the life as affectionate obedience to all the light God has revealed becomes your highest delight in doing His service!

"Nicodemus was being drawn to Christ. As the Saviour explained to him concerning the new birth, he longed to have this change wrought in himself. By what means could it be accomplished? Jesus answered the unspoken question: 'As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.'" {The Desire of Ages, page 174, paragraph 3}

Do you long for a change within you? Are you yearning to be what God has planned for your life? Then look to Christ uplifted on Calvary's cross, and by grace through faith lay hold of the miraculous experience He is offering you right now. Look away from sin, self and the devil's lies and "let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 2:5). Confess and forsake the sins that the Holy Spirit reveals to you and go forward in His appointed plan for you which He so graciously will unfold day by day!

Dorine

« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2022, 05:35:01 AM »
"How, then, are we to be saved? “As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness,” so the Son of man has been lifted up, and everyone who has been deceived and bitten by the serpent may look and live. “Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” John 1:29. The light shining from the cross reveals the love of God. His love is drawing us to Himself. If we do not resist this drawing, we shall be led to the foot of the cross in repentance for the sins that have crucified the Saviour. Then the Spirit of God through faith produces a new life in the soul. The thoughts and desires are brought into obedience to the will of Christ. The heart, the mind, are created anew in the image of Him who works in us to subdue all things to Himself. Then the law of God is written in the mind and heart, and we can say with Christ, “I delight to do Thy will, O my God.” Psalm 40:8.

This may seem like the milk of the word but if we do not consume the milk we will not be able to digest and enjoy solid food which then leads to spiritual malnourishment. With each reading this chapter becomes more precious to me. May our hearts be tender and open to all that God reveals to us and not just acknowledge it but follow the instructions given for our salvation. Then there will be persuasive power in our witness for God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2022, 07:41:10 AM »
Amen my dear friends!  How important is this message for the world, but most important for God's Laodicean Church today. If there were one thing to read, this chapter is it. It is Jesus speaking directly to His church today. Nicodemus was in a Laodicean condition as is the church today. Not only are we told what is means to be truly converted, but how it is that we may receive God's grace and be truly converted because by following the words of Christ we love the Lord our God with all of the heart. Thus, we are born of the Spirit and manifest all of the fruits of the Spirit, not one missing.

To all who are reading today's remarks, we pray you will take an hour every day to contemplate the life of Christ, especially the closing scenes (the Son of Man lifted up), and thus by beholding become transformed into His image (2 Cor. 3:18).

Beacon

« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2022, 08:00:13 PM »
"The light shining from the cross reveals the love of God."

"His love is drawing us to Himself."

"If we do not resist this drawing, we shall be led to the foot of the cross in repentance for the sins that have crucified the Saviour."

"Then the Spirit of God through faith produces a new life in the soul."

"The thoughts and desires are brought into obedience to the will of Christ."

"The heart, the mind, are created anew in the image of Him who works in us to subdue all things to Himself."

"Then the law of God is written in the mind and heart."

"Then we can say with Christ, “I delight to do Thy will, O my God.” Psalm 40:8."

Hopefully, Each One of Us, Are Willing To Say The Same.

======================================
I’ll sing of the wonderful promise
That Jesus has given to me;
“My strength is made perfect in weakness,
My grace is sufficient for thee.”
And lest my poor heart should forget it,
Or ever forgetful should be,
He still keeps repeating the promise,
My grace is sufficient for thee.
    Yes, over and over and over,
My Savior keeps saying to me;
My strength is made perfect in weakness,
His grace is sufficient to save me,
And cleanse me from guilt and from sin;
Sufficient to sanctify wholly,
And give me His Spirit within.
His grace is sufficient for trials,
No matter how hard they may be,
This promise stands over against them,
His grace is sufficient for sickness,
Sustaining and making me whole;
His grace is sufficient when sorrows
Like billows roll over the soul.
His grace is sufficient for service,
It sets us from selfishness free,
And sends us to tell to the tried ones,
His grace is sufficient for thee.
His grace is sufficient to live by,
And should we be summoned to die
’Twill light up the valley of shadows,
And bear us away to Him nigh.
Or when we shall stand in His vict’ry,
And Christ in His glory shall see,
We’ll fall at His footstool confessing,
Thy grace was sufficient for me.
It is not our grace that’s sufficient,
But His grace, it ever must be:
Our graces are transient and changing;
His grace is unfailing as He.
And so I am ever repeating
His wonderful promise to me,
My strength is made perfect in weakness,

Lyrics:Albert Benjamin Simpson (1843-1919)
Music:Albert Benjamin Simpson (1843-1919)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2022, 02:20:28 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

What is the evidence of true conversion?

"The wind is heard among the branches of the trees, rustling the leaves and flowers; yet it is invisible, and no man knows whence it comes or whither it goes. So with the work of the Holy Spirit upon the heart. It can no more be explained than can the movements of the wind. A person may not be able to tell the exact time or place, or to trace all the circumstances in the process of conversion; but this does not prove him to be unconverted. By an agency as unseen as the wind, Christ is constantly working upon the heart. Little by little, perhaps unconsciously to the receiver, impressions are made that tend to draw the soul to Christ. These may be received through meditating upon Him, through reading the Scriptures, or through hearing the word from the living preacher. Suddenly, as the Spirit comes with more direct appeal, the soul gladly surrenders itself to Jesus. By many this is called sudden conversion; but it is the result of long wooing by the Spirit of God,—a patient, protracted process." {The Desire of Ages, page 172, paragraph 3}

It is in GLADLY surrendering FULLY to Jesus that one is converted, and the effect in the life is that all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will supernaturally be revealed because Christ lives within the soul temple! The soul then yearns to obey God from the new heart and does so up to the light revealed and the strength and capacity that God imparts to the soul by His grace. In finite human weakness, God's abundant grace makes up for our deficiencies when the heart desires to obey God and does so willingly, for "if ye love Me, keep My commandments" (John 14:15) is a promise of what the soul WILL DO when true conversion has taken place. We will not seek the lowest standard, but desire to be perfectly conformed to the image of Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2022, 04:50:28 AM »
Amen my dear brothers!! What a revelation of truth we find in this chapter. Truth that matters throughout all generations since the fall. What must I do to be saved is the all important question. And here in our reading today we find the answer so clearly revealed. This is why we leave this chapter stickied so that all might better understand what our part is in the plan of salvation. God's part is immeasurably large, our's immeasurably small.  Without our part we shall not be able to keep His commandments nor have the faith of Jesus. Our part is to behold the loveliness of Jesus. By beholding w`e become transformed in nature. Nowhere else in the Bible do we find such a complete and succinct explanation of the plan of salvation.

How, then, are we to be saved? “As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness,” so the Son of man has been lifted up, and everyone who has been deceived and bitten by the serpent may look and live. “Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” John 1:29. The light shining from the cross reveals the love of God. His love is drawing us to Himself. If we do not resist this drawing, we shall be led to the foot of the cross in repentance for the sins that have crucified the Saviour. Then the Spirit of God through faith produces a new life in the soul. The thoughts and desires are brought into obedience to the will of Christ. The heart, the mind, are created anew in the image of Him who works in us to subdue all things to Himself. Then the law of God is written in the mind and heart, and we can say with Christ, “I delight to do Thy will, O my God.” Psalm 40:8.

In the interview with Nicodemus, Jesus unfolded the plan of salvation, and His mission to the world. In none of His subsequent discourses did He explain so fully, step by step, the work necessary to be done in the hearts of all who would inherit the kingdom of heaven. At the very beginning of His ministry He opened the truth to a member of the Sanhedrin, to the mind that was most receptive, and to an appointed teacher of the people.

Philip T

« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2022, 07:54:11 AM »

What a powerful about the grace of God. We see his love pouring forth to us from the cross, this love draws us to Him. When we surrender to this love and follow it through faith to Jesus, listening to the conviction of the Holy Spirit and confess our sins to Christ, dedicating our lives to Him, the transformation of a lifetime begins, we walk the path of Sanctification our love for Him flows out to those around us as the moon reflects the light of the sun to the earth.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2022, 08:38:23 PM »
Amen Brother Philip!  Grace is more than a word, it is the power that transforms the life. It brings us to the foot of the cross where we by His example how far removed we are from the holiness we were created in. But, when we bow before our Savior and love Him with all we are and all we have, we die to self and the heart and minds are not only cleansed from all sin, but recreated in His image. Let this mind be in you that is in Christ Jesus. A new heart and a new Spirit we have as long as we continue to abide in Christ. Such a miracle!!  Let us not only share this truth with those seeking it, but to witness this power of grace. Thank you for sharing in this most important thread.

Beacon

« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2023, 08:07:17 PM »
"In the interview with Nicodemus, Jesus unfolded the plan of salvation, and His mission to the world."

"In none of His subsequent discourses did He explain so fully, step by step, the work necessary to be done in the hearts of all who would inherit the kingdom of heaven."

"The light shining from the cross reveals the love of God. His love is drawing us to Himself."

"If we do not resist this drawing, we shall be led to the foot of the cross in repentance for the sins that have crucified the Saviour."

"Then the Spirit of God through faith produces a new life in the soul. The thoughts and desires are brought into obedience to the will of Christ."

May "OUR" daily prayer be..."Jesus Keep Me Near the Cross!

=====================
Jesus, keep me near the cross,
  There a precious fountain,
Free to all—a healing stream,
  Flows from Calv’ry’s mountain.
    In the cross, in the cross,
  Be my glory ever;
From the cross my ransomed soul
    Nothing then shall sever.
Near the cross, a trembling soul,
  Love and mercy found me;
There the Bright and Morning Star