Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--14--We Have Found the Messias  (Read 28087 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--14--We Have Found the Messias
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2022, 05:12:58 PM »
Amen my dear brothers!!  We don't have to persuade those who love the Lord our God  to tell others of His love, when born of the Spirit, they want to tell others what they have discovered. And, their demeanor and words are seen to be truth to those who are seeking truth. It is also interesting to understand that those who love the Lord our God, will see and hear what others do not see nor hear, as it was at the baptism of Jesus.

Many of those gathered at the Jordan had been present at the baptism of Jesus; but the sign then given had been manifest to but few among them. During the preceding months of the Baptist's ministry, many had refused to heed the call to repentance. Thus they had hardened their hearts and darkened their understanding. When Heaven bore testimony to Jesus at His baptism, they perceived it not. Eyes that had never been turned in faith to Him that is invisible beheld not the revelation of the glory of God; ears that had never listened to His voice heard not the words of witness. So it is now. Often the presence of Christ and the ministering angels is manifest in the assemblies of the people, and yet there are many who know it not. They discern nothing unusual. But to some the Saviour's presence is revealed. Peace and joy animate their hearts. They are comforted, encouraged, and blessed. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2022, 08:30:18 PM »
"When one has received the truth in the love of it, he will make this manifest in the persuasion of his manner and the tones of his voice."

"He makes known that which he himself has heard, seen, and handled of the word of life, that others may have fellowship with him through the knowledge of Christ."

"His testimony, from lips touched with a live coal from off the altar, is truth to the receptive heart, and works sanctification upon the character."

"No sooner is one converted than there is born within him a desire to make known to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus."

"The saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart."

"All who are consecrated to God will be channels of light."

"God makes them His agents to communicate to others the riches of His grace."

Are " WE " Willing to be an Active Channel of Light for Jesus who gave His Life for us.? Let's make sure that " WE ARE " ......

Living for Jesus a life that is true,
Striving to please Him in all that I do;
Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free,
This is the pathway of blessing for me.

O Jesus, Lord and Savior,
I give myself to Thee,
For Thou, in Thine Atonement
Didst give Thyself for me;
I own no other Master,
My heart shall be Thy throne,
My life I give, henceforth to live,
O Christ, for Thee alone.
Living for Jesus who died in my place,
Bearing on Calv’ry my sin and disgrace;
Such love constrains me to answer His call,
Follow His leading and give Him my all.
Living for Jesus wherever I am,
Doing each duty in His holy name;
Willing to suffer affliction and loss,
Deeming each trial a part of my cross.
Living for Jesus through earth’s little while,
My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;
Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,
Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.

Lyrics:Thomas Obediah Chisholm (1866-1960)
Music:Carl Harold Lowden (1883-1963)
Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2022, 06:26:29 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon!! 

If John and Andrew had possessed the unbelieving spirit of the priests and rulers, they would not have been found as learners at the feet of Jesus. They would have come to Him as critics, to judge His words. Many thus close the door to the most precious opportunities. But not so did these first disciples. They had responded to the Holy Spirit's call in the preaching of John the Baptist. Now they recognized the voice of the heavenly Teacher. To them the words of Jesus were full of freshness and truth and beauty. A divine illumination was shed upon the teaching of the Old Testament Scriptures. The many-sided themes of truth stood out in new light.
     It is contrition and faith and love that enable the soul to receive wisdom from heaven. Faith working by love is the key of knowledge, and everyone that loveth "knoweth God." 1 John 4:7.   

So it is today. Not all want to receive wisdom from heaven.

There are many who need the ministration of loving Christian hearts. Many have gone down to ruin who might have been saved if their neighbors, common men and women, had put forth personal effort for them. Many are waiting to be personally addressed. In the very family, the neighborhood, the town, where we live, there is work for us to do as missionaries for Christ. If we are Christians, this work will be our delight. No sooner is one converted than there is born within him a desire to make known to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus. The saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart.
     All who are consecrated to God will be channels of light. God makes them His agents to communicate to others the riches of His grace.

We do not have to push Christians to share His love.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2022, 08:00:49 PM »
"There are many who need the ministration of loving Christian hearts."

"Many have gone down to ruin who might have been saved if their neighbors, common men and women, had put forth personal effort for them."

"Many are waiting to be personally addressed."

"In the very family, the neighborhood, the town, where we live, there is work for us to do as missionaries for Christ."
"If we are Christians, this work will be our delight."

"No sooner is one converted than there is born within him a desire to make known to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus."

"The saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart.
"

"All" who are consecrated to God will be channels of light."

Here we see yet another group of "AFFIRMATIVE" statements that leave no room for doubt about what an active relationship with Jesus will produce in the life of one who is " TRULY" "CONNECTED" To Him. If the above does not match "OUR" daily walk with Jesus then it is time to do another introspection of our personal relationship with Jesus.

Jesus said in  Matthew 7:21
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.Matthew 7:21"

=============================

"Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Lyrics:Frances Ridley Havergal (1836-1879)
Music:Henri Abraham Cesar Malan (1787-1864)

HAPPY SABBATH TO ALL GOD'S CHILDREN AROUND THE WORLD - REMEMBER JESUS IS COMING  SOON. LET US WORK FOR THE MASTER " WHILE IT IS YET DAY " John 9:4 Says.... I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2022, 04:05:55 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Happy Sabbath to you all! Remember the loveliness of Jesus and let His character transform you as you behold Him! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be manifest in the life of one who is truly abiding in Him! Let us look away from self to Jesus and walk by faith in the path His word leads us to follow!

"But as the people looked upon Him, they saw a face where divine compassion was blended with conscious power. Every glance of the eye, every feature of the countenance, was marked with humility, and expressive of unutterable love. He seemed to be surrounded by an atmosphere of spiritual influence. While His manners were gentle and unassuming, He impressed men with a sense of power that was hidden, yet could not be wholly concealed. Was this the One for whom Israel had so long waited?" {The Desire of Ages, page 137, paragraph 4}

What a blessing it is to realize that Jesus of Nazareth fulfilled the prophecies of the Messiah! He is soon to return in power and great glory! Let us look to Him and be saved from sin and prepared for holy, happy service!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2022, 05:23:30 AM »
"There are many who need the ministration of loving Christian hearts. Many have gone down to ruin who might have been saved if their neighbors, common men and women, had put forth personal effort for them. Many are waiting to be personally addressed. In the very family, the neighborhood, the town, where we live, there is work for us to do as missionaries for Christ. If we are Christians, this work will be our delight. No sooner is one converted than there is born within him a desire to make known to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus. The saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart."

Before we attempt to bring someone to Christ they must see in us someone they can trust. Someone that lives a consistent life possessing each fruit of the Spirit will be like a magnet to those whose hearts are open and teachable. When we are truly connected to Christ and fully surrendered to Him, His love will shine through us and draw family, friends, neighbour's, co-workers and many of  those we come in contact with to desire the joy and peace they see in us. Then we can lead them to the source; Jesus.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2022, 08:24:19 AM »
Amen!! What a privilege we have been given!

All who are consecrated to God will be channels of light. God makes them His agents to communicate to others the riches of His grace. His promise is, "I will make them and the places round about My hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing." Ezekiel 34:26.
     Philip said to Nathanael, "Come and see." He did not ask him to accept another's testimony, but to behold Christ for himself. Now that Jesus has ascended to heaven, His disciples are His representatives among men, and one of the most effective ways of winning souls to Him is in exemplifying His character in our daily life. Our influence upon others depends not so much upon what we say as upon what we are. Men may combat and defy our logic, they may resist our appeals; but a life of disinterested love is an argument they cannot gainsay. A consistent life, characterized by the meekness of Christ, is a power in the world. 

America is the largest Catholic country in the world. Daily the numbers increase as thousands cross the southern border. We understand this is illegal. But, what a rich opportunity we have to minister to Roman Catholics. Many will enter heaven despite the religious error being taught to them. Many do not know that there were Catholics involved in creating a wall of separation between church and state in America. Yes, that is something we consider as being done by Protestants. Well...who was it that escaped Europe to find freedom from popes and kings? Who was being persecuted in England because of their religion? Catholics. Not all, but many Catholics had been indoctrinated, but understood man ought to be free to worship God without the state and a pope controlling their beliefs. There are men who helped frame religious liberty in America and fought in the war for independence. Let us reach out to Catholics and explain to them how we have liberty in America.

Beacon

« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2022, 08:08:37 PM »
"Many have gone down to ruin who might have been saved if their neighbors, common men and women, had put forth personal effort for them."

"Many are waiting to be personally addressed."

"In the very family,the neighborhood, the town,where we live, there is work for us to do as missionaries for Christ."

"The saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart."

"All who are consecrated to God will be channels of light."

Is it "YOUR DESIRE"  to be an agent of Saving Grace ? God wants / needs us! He has promised to NEVER LEAVE US OR FORSAKE US!!  He will empower us to do His bidding. Will join with me in saying YES to His Call??

====================

Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
  Ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner,
  It must not suffer loss:
From vict’ry unto vict’ry
  His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished
  And Christ is Lord indeed.
    Stand up for Jesus
Ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner,
  It must not, it must not suffer loss.
  The trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict
  In this His glorious day.
Ye that are men, now serve Him
  Against unnumbered foes;
Let courage rise with danger.
  And strength to strength oppose.
  Stand in His strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you;
  Ye dare not trust your own.
Put on the Gospel armor,
  And, watching unto prayer,
Where duty calls, or danger,
  Be never wanting there.
  The strife will not be long:
This day the noise of battle,
  The next the victor’s song;
To him that overcometh
  A crown of life shall be;
He, with the King of glory,
  Shall reign eternally.

Lyrics:George Duffield (1818-1888)
Music:Adam Geibel (1855-1933)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2022, 07:38:11 AM »
Amen dear brother!! We are to be transmission of His grace!!

The teaching of Christ was the expression of an inwrought conviction and experience, and those who learn of Him become teachers after the divine order. The word of God, spoken by one who is himself sanctified through it, has a life-giving power that makes it attractive to the hearers, and convicts them that it is a living reality. When one has received the truth in the love of it, he will make this manifest in the persuasion of his manner and the tones of his voice. He makes known that which he himself has heard, seen, and handled of the word of life, that others may have fellowship with him through the knowledge of Christ. His testimony, from lips touched with a live coal from off the altar, is truth to the receptive heart, and works sanctification upon the character.
     And he who seeks to give light to others will himself be blessed. "There shall be showers of blessing." "He that watereth shall be watered also himself." Proverbs 11:25. God could have reached His object in saving sinners without our aid; but in order for us to develop a character like Christ's, we must share in His work. In order to enter into His joy,--the joy of seeing souls redeemed by His sacrifice,--we must participate in His labors for their redemption. 

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2022, 08:15:44 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!!

What do the angels bring us in their ministry in connection with Christ by the Holy Spirit?

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man" (John 1:51)

"Here Christ virtually says, On the bank of the Jordan the heavens were opened, and the Spirit descended like a dove upon Me. That scene was but a token that I am the Son of God. If you believe on Me as such, your faith shall be quickened. You shall see that the heavens are opened, and are never to be closed. I have opened them to you. The angels of God are ascending, bearing the prayers of the needy and distressed to the Father above, and descending, bringing blessing and hope, courage, help, and life, to the children of men." {The Desire of Ages, page 142, paragraph 4} 

As the angels help us, let us cooperate with their ministry and surrender fully to Jesus so all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be manifest in our lives as we are empowered to obey God from the new heart and live up to the light He has revealed to us! Jesus is coming again and He will come with all His holy angels!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Philip T

« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2022, 09:31:55 AM »
    Philip entered into no controversy. He said, "Come and see. Jesus saw Nathanael coming to Him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!" In surprise Nathanael exclaimed, "Whence knowest Thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee."
     It was enough. The divine Spirit that had borne witness to Nathanael in his solitary prayer under the fig tree now spoke to him in the words of Jesus. Though in doubt, and yielding somewhat to prejudice, Nathanael had come to Christ with an honest desire for truth, and now his desire was met. His faith went beyond that of the one who had brought him to Jesus. He answered and said, "Rabbi, Thou art the Son of God; Thou art the King of Israel."
    If Nathanael had trusted to the rabbis for guidance, he would never have found Jesus. It was by seeing and judging for himself that he became a disciple. So in the case of many today whom prejudice withholds from good. How different would be the result if they would "come and see"!
    While they trust to the guidance of human authority, none will come to a saving knowledge of the truth. Like Nathanael, we need to study God's word for ourselves, and pray for the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit. He who saw Nathanael under the fig tree will see us in the secret place of prayer. Angels from the world of light are near to those who in humility seek for divine guidance.

This chapter was full of wonderful truths, it struck me in these paragraphs that we need to study the scripture and pray for the leading of the Holy Spirit, letting go of the preconceived ideas we have of Christ, and surrender to Him as we find new truths. Just as the preconceived ideas of the Jewish nation prevented many from seeing Jesus was the Messiah so preconceived ideas of Christ can block us from seeing Christ clearly.

Beacon

« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2022, 10:07:10 PM »
"It was by seeing and judging for himself that he, Nathaniel, became a disciple."

"So in the case of many today, whom prejudice withholds from good."

How different would be the result if they would "come and see"!

"While they trust to the guidance of human authority, none will come to a saving knowledge of the truth."

"Like Nathaniel, we need to study God's word for ourselves, and pray for the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit."

"He who saw Nathaniel under the fig tree will see us in the secret place of prayer."

"Angels from the world of light are near to those who in humility seek for divine guidance."

Are "WE" spending time with Jesus or are the temporary distractions of a worldly nature taking precedence and blocking the way to Eternal Life with Jesus??

==========================
Beneath the cross of Jesus
  I fain would take my stand,
The shadow of a mighty Rock
  Within a weary land;
A home within the wilderness,
  A rest upon the way,
From the burning of the noontide heat,
  And the burden of the day.
Oh, safe and happy shelter!
  Oh, refuge tried and sweet!
Oh, trysting place where heaven’s love
  And heaven’s justice meet.
As to the holy patriarch
  That wondrous dream was given,
So is my Savior by the cross
  A ladder up to heaven.
There lies beneath its shadow,
  But on the farther side,
The darkness of an awful grave
  That gapes both deep and wide;
And there between us stands the cross,
  Two arms outstretched to save,
Like a watchman set to guard the way
  From that eternal grave.
Upon that cross of Jesus
  Mine eye at times can see
The very dying form of One,
  Who suffered there for me;
And from my smitten heart, with tears,
  Two wonders I confess,
The wonders of His glorious love,
  And my own worthlessness.
I take, O cross, thy shadow
  For my abiding place;
I ask no other sunshine than
  The sunshine of His face;
Content to let the world go by,
  To know no gain nor loss,
My sinful self my only shame,
  My glory all the cross.

Lyrics:Elizabeth Cecilia Clephane (1830-1869)
Music:Frederick Charles Maker (1844-1927)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2022, 06:38:49 AM »
Praise the Lord, Brother Beacon!! Amen!!

Imagine how you would have felt beholding Jesus, the just-announced Lamb of God by John!

"Was this the Christ? With awe and wonder the people looked upon the One just declared to be the Son of God. They had been deeply moved by the words of John. He had spoken to them in the name of God. They had listened to him day after day as he reproved their sins, and daily the conviction that he was sent of Heaven had strengthened. But who was this One greater than John the Baptist? In His dress and bearing there was nothing that betokened rank. He was apparently a simple personage, clad like themselves in the humble garments of the poor." {The Desire of Ages, page 137, paragraph 2}

Chrsit's humility was not a detraction from His greatness, but a revelation of His true loveliness. We, through abiding in Him in complete surrender, may also have His humble character in any lot to which God's providence assigns us! Let's rejoice in His loving presence and walk by grace through faith in Him! All of the fruits of the Spirit come into the character of one truly converted to Christ, and then we are enabled to joyfully obey God from the heart in which He dwells! Now, by faith, behold the Savior as our High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary, soon to come as our King in glory to take us home to heaven!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2022, 08:06:20 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean. His dress did not attract anyone, but His countenance did. " But as the people looked upon Him, they saw a face where divine compassion was blended with conscious power. Every glance of the eye, every feature of the countenance, was marked with humility, and expressive of unutterable love. He seemed to be surrounded by an atmosphere of spiritual influence." John called Jesus the "Lamb of God." How strange is it after 2,000 years of sacrificing lambs that they did not understand why Jesus was called a Lamb. Even John did not understand Jesus had to die. "Again the face of the prophet was lighted up with glory from the Unseen, as he cried, "Behold the Lamb of God!" The words thrilled the hearts of the disciples. They did not fully understand them. What meant the name that John had given Him,--"the Lamb of God"?

As Brother Beacon has pointed out, we ought not trust in the wisdom of man. We need to study the Bible for ourselves.

"While they trust to the guidance of human authority, none will come to a saving knowledge of the truth.""Like Nathaniel, we need to study God's word for ourselves, and pray for the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit

When we study for ourselves seeking to know the truth, we will learn of Him who gave all that we might live. We shall love Him who first loved us. By beholding His glory we will be changed into His image (character). Then we will be His witnesses of the power of grace to transform sinners into saints. Yes, God changes our character into His image (2 Cor. 3:18) if we will come to Him just as we are and spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Jesus.

Now that Jesus has ascended to heaven, His disciples are His representatives among men, and one of the most effective ways of winning souls to Him is in exemplifying His character in our daily life. Our influence upon others depends not so much upon what we say as upon what we are. Men may combat and defy our logic, they may resist our appeals; but a life of disinterested love is an argument they cannot gainsay. A consistent life, characterized by the meekness of Christ, is a power in the world. 

Again and again we hear this about the power of the gospel to not only save us, but to transform our character. Believe not every thing that comes out of the mouth of man, but trust every Word that comes out of the mouth of God.

Beacon

« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2023, 10:28:47 PM »
"Now that Jesus has ascended to heaven, His disciples are His representatives among men."

"One of the most effective ways of winning souls to Him is in exemplifying His character in our daily life."

"Our influence upon others depends not so much upon what we say as upon what we are."

"Men may combat and defy our logic, they may resist our appeals; but a life of disinterested love is an argument they cannot gainsay."

"A consistent life, characterized by the meekness of Christ, is a power in the world."

"While we trust to the guidance of human authority, none will come to a saving knowledge of the truth."

"Like Nathanael, we need to study God's word for ourselves, and pray for the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit"

Are "WE" willing to make time for Jesus on a daily consistent manner to Study & to Pray? A special time each day to raise our voices in Confession, Praise and Thanksgiving??

========================
All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
    I surrender all,
  I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
    I surrender all.
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

Lyrics:Judson W. Van de Venter (1855-1939)
Music:Winfield Scott Weeden (1847-1908)
[/color]

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2023, 05:36:06 AM »
 Amen brother Beacon.  Such important truth. We must study for ourselves.  God sends teachers but we need to be faithful as the Bereans were.  It is interesting to note that God impressed John to Reprove rulers and people.

The preaching of John had taken so deep a hold on the nation as to demand the attention of the religious authorities. The danger of insurrection caused every popular gathering to be looked upon with suspicion by the Romans, and whatever pointed toward an uprising of the people excited the fears of the Jewish rulers. John had not recognized the authority of the Sanhedrin by seeking their sanction for his work; and he had reproved rulers and people, Pharisees and Sadducees alike. Yet the people followed him eagerly. The interest in his work seemed to be continually increasing. Though he had not deferred to them, the Sanhedrin accounted that, as a public teacher, he was under their jurisdiction.  .

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2023, 08:07:57 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard!

Praise God for the way God knows us better than we know ourselves! Jesus, in calling Peter, foresaw his entire life history in a glance, and it is wonderful to know that God also knows us individually, and has a plan for each of us to fulfill!

"Andrew sought to impart the joy that filled his heart. Going in search of his brother Simon, he cried, 'We have found the Messias.' Simon waited for no second bidding. He also had heard the preaching of John the Baptist, and he hastened to the Saviour. The eye of Christ rested upon him, reading his character and his life history. His impulsive nature, his loving, sympathetic heart, his ambition and self-confidence, the history of his fall, his repentance, his labors, and his martyr death,—the Saviour read it all, and He said, 'Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.'" {The Desire of Ages, page 139, paragraph 5}

In true conversion, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be seen in our lives as long as we are fully surrendered to Christ and abiding in His will! We need not fear for the future as we remember how God has led us in the past and His teaching in our past history. He calls us to true obedience so we can enjoy the blessing of infinite love and fellowship with Him here and in the hereafter. Praise God for the call Jesus extended to His disciples! Let us follow in His will today!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2023, 05:09:54 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean!  When we love God with all the heart, He will take possession of it and cleanse it whiter than fresh fallen snow.

Now that Jesus has ascended to heaven, His disciples are His representatives among men, and one of the most effective ways of winning souls to Him is in exemplifying His character in our daily life. Our influence upon others depends not so much upon what we say as upon what we are. Men may combat and defy our logic, they may resist our appeals; but a life of disinterested love is an argument they cannot gainsay. A consistent life, characterized by the meekness of Christ, is a power in the world.
     The teaching of Christ was the expression of an inwrought conviction and experience, and those who learn of Him become teachers after the divine order. The word of God, spoken by one who is himself sanctified through it, has a life-giving power that makes it attractive to the hearers, and convicts them that it is a living reality. When one has received the truth in the love of it, he will make this manifest in the persuasion of his manner and the tones of his voice. He makes known that which he himself has heard, seen, and handled of the word of life, that others may have fellowship with him through the knowledge of Christ. His testimony, from lips touched with a live coal from off the altar, is truth to the receptive heart, and works sanctification upon the character.

And this we shall do if we love the lord our God with all of the heart, mind, soul, and strength.
     And he who seeks to give light to others will himself be blessed. "There shall be showers of blessing." "He that watereth shall be watered also himself." Proverbs 11:25. God could have reached His object in saving sinners without our aid; but in order for us to develop a character like Christ's, we must share in His work. In order to enter into His joy,--the joy of seeing souls redeemed by His sacrifice,--we must participate in His labors for their redemption. 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2023, 05:15:59 AM »
Here is an example of what we ought to have learned from today's reading:

One of the  most important things that this chapter points out to me is the individual personal contact with family, friends, neighbours and all who I come in contact with.

"Now that Jesus has ascended to heaven, His disciples are His representatives among men, and one of the most effective ways of winning souls to Him is in exemplifying His character in our daily life. Our influence upon others depends not so much upon what we say as upon what we are."

"There are many who need the ministration of loving Christian hearts. Many have gone down to ruin who might have been saved if their neighbors, common men and women, had put forth personal effort for them. Many are waiting to be personally addressed. In the very family the neighborhood, the town, where we live, there is work for us to do as missionaries for Christ. If we are Christians, this work will be our delight. No sooner is one converted than there is born within him a desire to make known to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus."

....."When one has received the truth in the love of it, he will make this manifest in the persuasion of his manner and the tones of his voice."

What a privilege, what a responsibility is ours to share the most wonderful message of God's love to all we come in contact with.

I'd like to share a little experience I had last year to demonstrate this very thing.

Each spring I grow and sell tomato transplants. They get the best care anyone could give to them. They are my babies. When customers pick them up they are awed at the health of the plants compared to what they see anywhere else. I advertise through a community buy and sell and also on Kijiji. A lady contacted me through Kijiji and ordered several plants. We communicated several times through email only.When my husband delivered them to her at her work he found out that the head elder from our church was one of her co-workers.
When she found out that I went to the same church as her co-worker she said to him..."I KNEW she was a Christian."

I can't tell you how humbled I felt. All I could do was to thank God. This year she brought more customers to me because of her testimony. Her neighbours would pass her house and stop and marvel at her tomatoes. One of her co-workers emailed me and said that she had recommended my plants to him and gave me a big order.  The head elder and I are praying that this simple encounter and ongoing contact will be a means for God to reach her heart.

I know this isn't the place for testimonies but it fit in perfectly with the reading today. I couldn't resist.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2023, 06:40:35 AM »
Amen, Brother Richard! Praise the Lord, Brother Richard, also, for the re-post of Sister Dorine's testimony! What a blessing!

It's a win-win! As we seek to win others to Christ, not only are those souls blessed, but the unselfish ministry to reach others also helps our characters to become like Jesus! It is as we surrender to Him the whole heart that He imbues us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we are empowered to do God's will in true obedience to all of God's commandments!

"And he who seeks to give light to others will himself be blessed. 'There shall be showers of blessing.' 'He that watereth shall be watered also himself.' Proverbs 11:25. God could have reached His object in saving sinners without our aid; but in order for us to develop a character like Christ's, we must share in His work. In order to enter into His joy,—the joy of seeing souls redeemed by His sacrifice,—we must participate in His labors for their redemption." {The Desire of Ages, page 142, paragraph 2}

As we unite our interest with Christ, He gives us the greatest joy of becoming like Him and reaching others for His eternal kingdom! There is no limit to the usefulness of those who put self aside to go and bless others!