Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--14--We Have Found the Messias  (Read 27978 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--14--We Have Found the Messias
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2019, 05:53:57 AM »
What unity here, Brother Beacon!

The gospel lived is the most powerful revelation of the gospel--and Christ is that living witness. As we surrender our lives unreservedly to Him, we also come to reflect Him as all of the fruits of the Spirit are manifest in our lives without one missing, and people see the loveliness of Jesus!!

"The teaching of Christ was the expression of an inwrought conviction and experience, and those who learn of Him become teachers after the divine order. The word of God, spoken by one who is himself sanctified through it, has a life-giving power that makes it attractive to the hearers, and convicts them that it is a living reality. When one has received the truth in the love of it, he will make this manifest in the persuasion of his manner and the tones of his voice. He makes known that which he himself has heard, seen, and handled of the word of life, that others may have fellowship with him through the knowledge of Christ. His testimony, from lips touched with a live coal from off the altar, is truth to the receptive heart, and works sanctification upon the character." {The Desire of Ages, page 142, paragraph 1}

I love Jesus and I pray that we may all share of His love today by a living character witness!!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2019, 05:39:08 PM »
"The word of God, spoken by one who is himself sanctified through it, has a life-giving power that makes it attractive to the hearers, and convicts them that it is a living reality. When one has received the truth in the love of it, he will make this manifest in the persuasion of his manner and the tones of his voice. He makes known that which he himself has heard, seen, and handled of the word of life, that others may have fellowship with him through the knowledge of Christ. His testimony, from lips touched with a live coal from off the altar, is truth to the receptive heart, and works sanctification upon the character."

I know this to be true! One Sabbath day after preaching in one of our churches a sister greeted me at the door and said " Brother - Did you know that when you were preaching today your face was actually "shinning" . Of course I was not aware of it myself but I felt very humbled knowing that the power of the Holy Spirit was blessing and moving the congregation with a special connection from on High. The word of God truly has life-giving power! When we are truly surrendered to Jesus the Holy Spirit will move upon the listener with convicting power. What an awesome privilege is given to us to serve as ambassadors for the King of Kings & Lord of Lords. I pray that by the Grace of God my life will always reflect with convicting power the great plan of salvation given to us by Jesus at such a high cost and yet it is free to all who are willing to come and accept His Mercy, Forgiveness, Restoration and Empowerment May His Love surround each of you as we share another awesome Sabbath Day in the Family of God.   

Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2019, 07:06:51 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon. If we love Jesus supremely, we shall be a beacon of hope to all we come in contact with.

And he who seeks to give light to others will himself be blessed. "There shall be showers of blessing." "He that watereth shall be watered also himself." Proverbs 11:25. God could have reached His object in saving sinners without our aid; but in order for us to develop a character like Christ's, we must share in His work. In order to enter into His joy,--the joy of seeing souls redeemed by His sacrifice,--we must participate in His labors for their redemption. 

There is no greater joy than in leading others to Christ. But, many do not really know God intimately as a personal Savior. Thus, they cannot share this experience with others. They need to drink of the Water of Life. So much false teaching has come into God's church that many believe they are ok when in fact they are in a Laodicean condition, in need of repentance. Is it possible even John the Baptist did not know the Lamb had to die? Yes. While he was converted and knew the need of repentance, he did not know Jesus had to die for his sins. He believed Jesus was to rule on an earthly throne. Such is the power of false gospels.

Let us today share the gospel of grace with those who are seeking truth. Then we shall be filled joy unspeakable.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2019, 12:58:00 PM »
"During the preceding months of the Baptist's ministry, many had refused to heed the call to repentance. Thus they had hardened their hearts and darkened their understanding. When Heaven bore testimony to Jesus at His baptism, they perceived it not. Eyes that had never been turned in faith to Him that is invisible beheld not the revelation of the glory of God; ears that had never listened to His voice heard not the words of witness. So it is now."

There are two basic concepts taught in God's Word.....The 1st. is that we have a strong need to "COME" to Jesus and receive His loving forgiveness. The 2nd is, that now we have become ambassadors for Jesus, we are to "GO" and share the GOOD NEWS with all those around us.  

"In the very family, the neighborhood, the town, where we live, there is work for us to do as missionaries for Christ. If we are Christians, this work will be our delight. No sooner is one converted than there is born within him a desire to make known to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus. The saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart." Let's pray for one another that each of us will be found faithful.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2019, 06:55:11 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon. We do not have to press believers to do evangelism. It is a in-wrought desire to point others to Jesus when we know Him intimately. If we have not this desire, then we do not abide in Christ and He in us.

Israel was excited when John was baptizing. Many understood the seventy weeks of Daniel was about up.

It was long since Israel had had a prophet, long since such a reformation as was now in progress had been witnessed. The demand for confession of sin seemed new and startling. Many among the leaders would not go to hear John's appeals and denunciations, lest they should be led to disclose the secrets of their own lives. Yet his preaching was a direct announcement of the Messiah. It was well known that the seventy weeks of Daniel's prophecy, covering the Messiah's advent, were nearly ended; and all were eager to share in that era of national glory which was then expected. Such was the popular enthusiasm that the Sanhedrin would soon be forced either to sanction or to reject John's work. Already their power over the people was waning. It was becoming a serious question how to maintain their position. In the hope of arriving at some conclusion, they dispatched to the Jordan a deputation of priests and Levites to confer with the new teacher.

In the days of Israel, like today, many were deceived about the mission of Christ. Today, few understand that in 1844 Jesus moved into the Most Holy Place in heaven to begin a ministry of preparing a people to stand through the time of trouble such as never was without a Mediator. Many do not even know what a Mediator is. John understood Jesus to be the Son of God, but was deceived about His mission. He thought Jesus was to rule on an Earthly throne.

The next day John sees Jesus coming. With the light of the glory of God resting upon him, the prophet stretches out his hands, declaring, "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world! This is He of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is become before me. . . . And I knew Him not; but that He should be made manifest to Israel, for this cause came I baptizing in water. . . . I have beheld the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven; and it abode upon Him. And I knew Him not: but He that sent me to baptize in water, He said unto me, Upon whomsoever thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and abiding upon Him, the same is He that baptizeth with the Holy Spirit. And I have seen, and have borne witness that this is the Son of God." John 1:29-34, R. V., margin. 

When we have  been given evidence from heaven, let us not doubt it no matter what. God will leave room for us if we want to doubt His Word. He will not reveal all to us.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2020, 05:27:56 AM »
"Philip said to Nathanael, "Come and see." He did not ask him to accept another's testimony, but to behold Christ for himself. Now that Jesus has ascended to heaven, His disciples are His representatives among men, and one of the most effective ways of winning souls to Him is in exemplifying His character in our daily life. Our influence upon others depends not so much upon what we say as upon what we are. Men may combat and defy our logic, they may resist our appeals; but a life of disinterested love is an argument they cannot gainsay. A consistent life, characterized by the meekness of Christ, is a power in the world."

As I come to the feet of Jesus at the beginning of a new day I pray for a heart that is cleansed and sanctified; for a life that represents my Jesus.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2020, 05:58:13 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine!!

It's simple and direct. Philip was called by Jesus and he immediately responded.

"'The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow Me.' Philip obeyed the command, and straightway he also became a worker for Christ." {The Desire of Ages, page 139, paragraph 6} 

I relate to Philip's call experience. When God called me to be a pastor, it was not a complicated experience. The Holy Spirit spoke clearly to my mind, "I'm calling you to be a pastor." I said, "Who are you?" and quickly the divine evidence was manifest: "I AM THAT I AM." I immediately surrendered to God's call on my life. This took place on October 25, 2007, and it was exactly 7 years, 7 months, and 7 days later that I would become a pastor in the Michigan Conference on June 1, 2015. (God had been preparing me in the interim.) I am thankful that God knows what He has planned for us, and the best course of life is to surrender fully to Him so He may use us. God used Philiip, and I pray that He will use me and each of us as we surrender to the call of Jesus to fulfill whatever mission He has allotted for us. Only by a complete surrender of the heart are we able to do the will of God by having the Holy Spirit come to live in us and work in us to will and to do of His good pleasure, signified by all of the fruits of the Spirit being in the life without one missing!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2020, 05:45:09 PM »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You Pastor Sean for your personal testimony and I praise our Lord that you recognized His Call and responded in full surrender. I believe that God has and will continue to use you in a powerful way to bring many hungering lost and wandering sons and daughters of God to Jesus as you let Him use you to give the last warning message to a dying world.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In the very family, the neighborhood, the town, where we live, there is work for us to do as missionaries for Christ. If we are Christians, this work will be our delight. No sooner is one converted than there is born within him a desire to make known to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus. The saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart."

Jesus made it abundantly clear, did He not, that this message and invitation was NOT exclusively for the nation of Israel and so He boldly proclaimed.... In Matthew 11:28

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

The Question is.....Are "We" Willing to be His witnesses and joyfully respond to His Invitation as found in Matthew 28:18-20???

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2020, 05:04:18 AM »
Praise the Lord for the precious privilege we have to behold Christ by grace through faith today and to allow Him to work in us to will and to do according to His good pleasure! When we see how He did it in terms of the way He lived and taught, we see that we also are invited to come learn of Him, and in thus learning to become like Him in mind and character. Such a character that manifests all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing and allows all that God has said in His word to transform the life practice is a powerful witness that invites others into a living union and communion with Christ!

"The teaching of Christ was the expression of an inwrought conviction and experience, and those who learn of Him become teachers after the divine order. The word of God, spoken by one who is himself sanctified through it, has a life-giving power that makes it attractive to the hearers, and convicts them that it is a living reality. When one has received the truth in the love of it, he will make this manifest in the persuasion of his manner and the tones of his voice. He makes known that which he himself has heard, seen, and handled of the word of life, that others may have fellowship with him through the knowledge of Christ. His testimony, from lips touched with a live coal from off the altar, is truth to the receptive heart, and works sanctification upon the character." {The Desire of Ages, page 142, paragraph 1} 

Our influence with the people around us is not so much biased on what we say to them, but on who we actually ARE. Our deepest thoughts, feelings, motives and purposes will eventually be revealed in how we treat people, and since by nature we are fallen and sinful and cannot make ourselves holy, we need Christ to enter into our hearts by grace through faith and give us a new heart and a new mind. Then our lives will bear witness that Christ lives in us and others will be drawn to the Savior who abides in our hearts by the influence and power of the Holy Spirit. May you look to Christ and invite others to look upon Him who alone has power to make us new creatures that can live holy lives by His abiding presence!

Dorine

« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2020, 05:49:09 AM »
"When the Spirit of God, with its marvelous awakening power, touches the soul, it abases human pride. Worldly pleasure and position and power are seen to be worthless. "Imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God" are cast down; every thought is brought into captivity "to the obedience of Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5. Then humility and self-sacrificing love, so little valued among men, are exalted as alone of worth. This is the work of the gospel, of which John's message was a part."

Humility and self-sacrificing love is the experience we as a people need individually. We will see it soon for hearts are being touched with the Spirit of God and will respond with full surrender to Him. Use me Lord to help spread the gospel to a dying world.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2020, 09:40:10 AM »
In reading the posts this morning, I found the essence of today's reading. Self sacrificing love when beheld causes the sinner to want to tell others about Jesus and His love. We do not need to coerce our fellow church members to seek to save the lost, when truly converted they will want to share what they have found. And, it is not so much what we say to others, but how we act. Our witness is revealing the power of grace to make repentant sinners holy (sanctified). When the world sees truly converted Christians, they will then know there is a God in heaven who has power to transform sinners into saints. How little we hear of this coming from the pulpits of professing Christians churches. God has a people to whom He has entrusted His law. There will be revival and reformation. He has promised He will pour clean water upon us and cleanse us from our idols and our filthiness (Eze. 36:22-37).

I noticed this morning that understanding of the Laodicean message is helped by something I read.

It is contrition and faith and love that enable the soul to receive wisdom from heaven. Faith working by love is the key of knowledge, and everyone that loveth "knoweth God." 1 John 4:7.   

Jesus is reproving us as a people in the third chapter of Revelation in His message to the Laodicean Church, which we are today. After His reproof He tells us how to gain repentance which we do not have as a people. In other words, the church as a people remains in a lost condition. Jesus tells us that we are to buy of Him gold tried in the fire, white raiment, and eye salve. We must understand what He means. White raiment is His character that we are to manifest, eye salve is to open blind eyes, the Holy Spirit, but what about the gold tried in the fire? How are we saved? By grace through faith. We must trust in Jesus with all we have and all we are. How can this be? We must know Him intimately in order to trust Him in such a manner. When we do, then God will say "Here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus." Gold tried in the fire is this faith that will not let go, but will meet all adversity without fail. The only way we can obtain such a faith, such a character is by beholding God's grace daily. By beholding  this great unmerited love we shall be transformed into His image (2 cor. 3:18). And, now what did we read this morning? Faith working by love is the key of knowledge, and everyone that loveth "knoweth God." 1 John 4:7.

Gold tried in the fire is "faith working by love." Here we are given "the key of knowledge." If we want to glorify God, then we need to manifest His character.  "Fear God and give glory to Him is our message to a world soon to perish. Where are they that are giving glory to God, who are sanctified and witnessing the power of God's grace (love)? How to obtain this witnessing power? "Buy of me gold tried in the fire" is faith that works by beholding God's grace, His love that we do not deserve. It is the key of the knowledge of God, and by knowing Him we shall have this self sacrificing love, even for our enemies! What a message God has entrusted to us!! Let us behold our Savior daily and thus we shall receive repentance for our sins and reveal to a world soon to perish the character of our great God!

Beacon

« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2020, 11:01:19 AM »
"When one has received the truth in the love of it, he will make this manifest in the persuasion of his manner and the tones of his voice. He makes known that which he himself has heard, seen, and handled of the word of life, that others may have fellowship with him through the knowledge of Christ. His testimony, from lips touched with a live coal from off the altar, is truth to the receptive heart, and works sanctification upon the character."

How very important it is that "we receive the truth in the love of it", in a personal way and experience it's transforming power, only then will it have a transforming power to reach the mind and hearts of others.

Psalm 51:9-11 "Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me

Beacon

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2020, 06:05:13 AM »
"During the preceding months of the Baptist's ministry, many had refused to heed the call to repentance. Thus they had hardened their hearts and darkened their understanding. When Heaven bore testimony to Jesus at His baptism, they perceived it not. Eyes that had never been turned in faith to Him that is invisible beheld not the revelation of the glory of God; ears that had never listened to His voice heard not the words of witness.."

"So it is now."

There are two basic concepts taught in God's Word.....The 1st., Is that we have a strong need to "COME" to Jesus and receive His loving forgiveness. The 2nd is, that now we have become "Ambassadors for Jesus", we are to "GO" and share the GOOD NEWS with all those around us. 

"In the very family, the neighborhood, the town, where we live, there is work for us to do as missionaries for Christ. If we are Christians, this work will be our delight. No sooner is one converted than there is born within him a desire to make known to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus. The saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart."

Let's pray for one another that each of us will be found faithful as "True Ambassadors for Jesus" in all that we say and do

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2020, 06:16:47 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!! Let us allow the light of Christ's love to shine everywhere!!

If someone asked you if you loved God, and you realized your weakness and lack of love in and of yourself, the good news is that you can go to God to receive the love that is to flow back to Him. Only by love is love awakened, and as we behold the loveliness of Jesus and see His perfect character, we see our deep need of His love to transform our hearts. He turns no one away. Do not stay away because you do not "feel" good enough, for Christ came to save the ungodly (we are all qualified). As we acknowledge our sinfulness, yield the whole heart to Him, and experience the power of His transforming grace, He gives us a new heart and a new mind that is filled with love--and all that accompanies that love: joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance (all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as promised in Galatians 5:22-23). Then the life of obedience that Christ invited us to live that once seemed impossible is seen to be a delight as it really is by abiding in Him!

"It is contrition and faith and love that enable the soul to receive wisdom from heaven. Faith working by love is the key of knowledge, and everyone that loveth 'knoweth God.' 1 John 4:7." {The Desire of Ages, page 139, paragraph 3}  

May the love of Christ so fill your life today that His promise is fulfilled: "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love" (1 John 4:18). Let the love of Christ cast out all selfish fear and instead give you the power and sound mind that is the fruit of His love in the life so you may walk even as Jesus walked!

Dorine

« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2020, 07:51:11 AM »
There are many who need the ministration of loving Christian hearts. Many have gone down to ruin who might have been saved if their neighbors, common men and women, had put forth personal effort for them. Many are waiting to be personally addressed. In the very family, the neighborhood, the town, where we live, there is work for us to do as missionaries for Christ. If we are Christians, this work will be our delight. No sooner is one converted than there is born within him a desire to make known to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus. The saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart.

It is our responsibility, privilege and delight to cooperate with the Holy Spirit in bringing hungering souls to Christ.  It's not just through the words we speak but the tone we use and persuasive manner in which we testify of God's grace to us.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2020, 08:46:29 PM »
Amen, amen, and amen!!! What a privilege to represent our God!! John was an example of what we are to be.

"Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?"
     "I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias."
     The scripture to which John referred is that beautiful prophecy of Isaiah: "Comfort ye, comfort ye My people, saith your God. Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her appointed time is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned. . . . The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together." Isaiah 40:1-5, margin.
     Anciently, when a king journeyed through the less frequented parts of his dominion, a company of men was sent ahead of the royal chariot to level the steep places and to fill up the hollows, that the king might travel in safety and without hindrance. This custom is employed by the prophet to illustrate the work of the gospel. "Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low." When the Spirit of God, with its marvelous awakening power, touches the soul, it abases human pride. Worldly pleasure and position and power are seen to be worthless. "Imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God" are cast down; every thought is brought into captivity "to the obedience of Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5. Then humility and self-sacrificing love, so little valued among men, are exalted as alone of worth. This is the work of the gospel, of which John's message was a part. 

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2020, 03:53:15 AM »
Happy Sabbath!! Jesus is coming SO SOON!! Let us link up with Jesus and go out in personal ministry to reach souls like Jesus did! As He abides in our hearts by a living faith surrender, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing and we will gladly invite others to come and see what a wonderful Savior we have found in Jesus!

"With the calling of John and Andrew and Simon, of Philip and Nathanael, began the foundation of the Christian church. John directed two of his disciples to Christ. Then one of these, Andrew, found his brother, and called him to the Saviour. Philip was then called, and he went in search of Nathanael. These examples should teach us the importance of personal effort, of making direct appeals to our kindred, friends, and neighbors. There are those who for a lifetime have professed to be acquainted with Christ, yet who have never made a personal effort to bring even one soul to the Saviour. They leave all the work for the minister. He may be well qualified for his calling, but he cannot do that which God has left for the members of the church." {The Desire of Ages, page 141, paragraph 2}

We all have a part in sharing the gospel! Let us find the greatest joy in using our entrusted capabilities to bless others and bring them to Jesus so heaven may be full of happy souls redeemed by Jesus!

Dorine

« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2020, 04:57:40 AM »
  "If John and Andrew had possessed the unbelieving spirit of the priests and rulers, they would not have been found as learners at the feet of Jesus. They would have come to Him as critics, to judge His words. Many thus close the door to the most precious opportunities. But not so did these first disciples. They had responded to the Holy Spirit's call in the preaching of John the Baptist. Now they recognized the voice of the heavenly Teacher. To them the words of Jesus were full of freshness and truth and beauty. A divine illumination was shed upon the teaching of the Old Testament Scriptures. The many-sided themes of truth stood out in new light."

To the heart that is open to truth the Holy Spirit is able to teach and convert. We may fall many times. We may need to be re-converted over and over but our love for Jesus and His teachings will keep us surrendered to Him and our lives will bear fruit to others that are searching for something better. The disciples had many weaknesses and old habits to overcome but they had open hearts that were teachable. That is what I pray for this Sabbath morning. Each day new victories will be won.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2020, 05:05:05 AM »
Amen dear sister!!  Many today are open to the truth. These are the ones who we are seeking for. It may be we will have to argue with one who is teaching error in the church, but we are most wanting to find those who do not want to argue against truth, but are seeking it. The Holy  Spirit is guiding us to them that they might rejoice as they hear the "many sided themes of truth."  Is this not the great joy in our lives, to share Jesus with one who will appreciate knowing Him?

Beacon

« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2020, 05:22:26 AM »
When the Spirit of God, with its marvelous awakening power, touches the soul, it abases human pride. Worldly pleasure and position and power are seen to be worthless. "Imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God" are cast down; every thought is brought into captivity "to the obedience of Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5. Then humility and self-sacrificing love, so little valued among men, are exalted as alone of worth..

This is the work of the gospel, of which John's message was a part.

There are many who need the ministration of loving Christian hearts. Many have gone down to ruin who might have been saved if their neighbors, common men and women, had put forth personal effort for them. Many are waiting to be personally addressed. In the very family, the neighborhood, the town, where we live, there is work for us to do as missionaries for Christ.

If we are Christians, this work will be our delight. No sooner is one converted than there is born within him a desire to make known to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus. The saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart.

Matthew 28:18-20 contain our marching orders:
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen

As we rejoice with Jesus on this Sabbath Day, should we not be asking ourselves...." Lord what would you have me to do? "