Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--14--We Have Found the Messias  (Read 23992 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--14--We Have Found the Messias
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2022, 05:12:58 PM »
Amen my dear brothers!!  We don't have to persuade those who love the Lord our God  to tell others of His love, when born of the Spirit, they want to tell others what they have discovered. And, their demeanor and words are seen to be truth to those who are seeking truth. It is also interesting to understand that those who love the Lord our God, will see and hear what others do not see nor hear, as it was at the baptism of Jesus.

Many of those gathered at the Jordan had been present at the baptism of Jesus; but the sign then given had been manifest to but few among them. During the preceding months of the Baptist's ministry, many had refused to heed the call to repentance. Thus they had hardened their hearts and darkened their understanding. When Heaven bore testimony to Jesus at His baptism, they perceived it not. Eyes that had never been turned in faith to Him that is invisible beheld not the revelation of the glory of God; ears that had never listened to His voice heard not the words of witness. So it is now. Often the presence of Christ and the ministering angels is manifest in the assemblies of the people, and yet there are many who know it not. They discern nothing unusual. But to some the Saviour's presence is revealed. Peace and joy animate their hearts. They are comforted, encouraged, and blessed. 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2022, 08:30:18 PM »
"When one has received the truth in the love of it, he will make this manifest in the persuasion of his manner and the tones of his voice."

"He makes known that which he himself has heard, seen, and handled of the word of life, that others may have fellowship with him through the knowledge of Christ."

"His testimony, from lips touched with a live coal from off the altar, is truth to the receptive heart, and works sanctification upon the character."

"No sooner is one converted than there is born within him a desire to make known to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus."

"The saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart."

"All who are consecrated to God will be channels of light."

"God makes them His agents to communicate to others the riches of His grace."

Are " WE " Willing to be an Active Channel of Light for Jesus who gave His Life for us.? Let's make sure that " WE ARE " ......

Living for Jesus a life that is true,
Striving to please Him in all that I do;
Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free,
This is the pathway of blessing for me.

O Jesus, Lord and Savior,
I give myself to Thee,
For Thou, in Thine Atonement
Didst give Thyself for me;
I own no other Master,
My heart shall be Thy throne,
My life I give, henceforth to live,
O Christ, for Thee alone.
Living for Jesus who died in my place,
Bearing on Calv’ry my sin and disgrace;
Such love constrains me to answer His call,
Follow His leading and give Him my all.
Living for Jesus wherever I am,
Doing each duty in His holy name;
Willing to suffer affliction and loss,
Deeming each trial a part of my cross.
Living for Jesus through earth’s little while,
My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;
Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,
Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.

Lyrics:Thomas Obediah Chisholm (1866-1960)
Music:Carl Harold Lowden (1883-1963)
Look up and listen for the shout.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2022, 06:26:29 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon!! 

If John and Andrew had possessed the unbelieving spirit of the priests and rulers, they would not have been found as learners at the feet of Jesus. They would have come to Him as critics, to judge His words. Many thus close the door to the most precious opportunities. But not so did these first disciples. They had responded to the Holy Spirit's call in the preaching of John the Baptist. Now they recognized the voice of the heavenly Teacher. To them the words of Jesus were full of freshness and truth and beauty. A divine illumination was shed upon the teaching of the Old Testament Scriptures. The many-sided themes of truth stood out in new light.
     It is contrition and faith and love that enable the soul to receive wisdom from heaven. Faith working by love is the key of knowledge, and everyone that loveth "knoweth God." 1 John 4:7.   

So it is today. Not all want to receive wisdom from heaven.

There are many who need the ministration of loving Christian hearts. Many have gone down to ruin who might have been saved if their neighbors, common men and women, had put forth personal effort for them. Many are waiting to be personally addressed. In the very family, the neighborhood, the town, where we live, there is work for us to do as missionaries for Christ. If we are Christians, this work will be our delight. No sooner is one converted than there is born within him a desire to make known to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus. The saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart.
     All who are consecrated to God will be channels of light. God makes them His agents to communicate to others the riches of His grace.

We do not have to push Christians to share His love.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.