Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--11--The Baptism  (Read 16354 times)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
Re: The Desire of Ages--11--The Baptism
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2022, 05:37:55 AM »
Praise the Lord, Brother Beacon!!!

What a gift we have in Jesus!! Jesus' incarnation and baptism reveal deep spiritual truths to us--and invite us to have saving faith in Him!! The faith of Jesus brings with it all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we affectionately obey God from the new heart He gives us in Christ!! What a miracle!!!!!

"And the word that was spoken to Jesus at the Jordan, 'This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased,' embraces humanity. God spoke to Jesus as our representative. With all our sins and weaknesses, we are not cast aside as worthless. 'He hath made us accepted in the Beloved.' Ephesians 1:6. The glory that rested upon Christ is a pledge of the love of God for us. It tells us of the power of prayer,--how the human voice may reach the ear of God, and our petitions find acceptance in the courts of heaven. By sin, earth was cut off from heaven, and alienated from its communion; but Jesus has connected it again with the sphere of glory. His love has encircled man, and reached the highest heaven. The light which fell from the open portals upon the head of our Saviour will fall upon us as we pray for help to resist temptation. The voice which spoke to Jesus says to every believing soul, This is My beloved child, in whom I am well pleased." {The Desire of Ages, page 113, paragraph 1}

God loves to bring us into harmony with Himself! What a joy that there is no limit to the usefulness of the soul surrendered to Him! We can have continual victory because of Jesus at work in us and because of what He has done for us! Hallelujah!!!!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2022, 07:18:21 AM »
Amen my dear brothers!  And with such a confirmation of who He was, how could John forget what He knew to be true? Yes, he did forget, when he asked if Jesus was the One to come. How forgetful we are. Do we remember all of the  miracles, all that God has done for us?

Of the vast throng at the Jordan, few except John discerned the heavenly vision. Yet the solemnity of the divine Presence rested upon the assembly. The people stood silently gazing upon Christ. His form was bathed in the light that ever surrounds the throne of God. His upturned face was glorified as they had never before seen the face of man. From the open heavens a voice was heard saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
     These words of confirmation were given to inspire faith in those who witnessed the scene, and to strengthen the Saviour for His mission. Notwithstanding that the sins of a guilty world were laid upon Christ, notwithstanding the humiliation of taking upon Himself our fallen nature, the voice from heaven declared Him to be the Son of the Eternal.
     John had been deeply moved as he saw Jesus bowed as a suppliant, pleading with tears for the approval of the Father. As the glory of God encircled Him, and the voice from heaven was heard, John recognized the token which God had promised. He knew that it was the world's Redeemer whom he had baptized. The Holy Spirit rested upon him, and with outstretched hand pointing to Jesus, he cried, "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." 

He indeed did know that Jesus was the world's Redeemer.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2022, 07:35:57 AM »
"As one with us, He must bear the burden of our guilt and woe. The Sinless One must feel the shame of sin. The peace lover must dwell with strife, the truth must abide with falsehood, purity with vileness. Every sin, every discord, every defiling lust that transgression had brought, was torture to His spirit."

[/size]Only as we come closer to Christ can we have a peek of what that torture must have been like for Him. He truly was all alone in this world except for His heavenly Father and the ministering angels. Even then the angels were many times held back from assisting Jesus because the Father knew that He must pass through the same difficulties that we must pass through. How do you comprehend such amazing grace?[/color]
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14