Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--11--The Baptism  (Read 16349 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--11--The Baptism
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2020, 05:14:47 AM »
"The glory that rested upon Christ is a pledge of the love of God for us. It tells us of the power of prayer,--how the human voice may reach the ear of God, and our petitions find acceptance in the courts of heaven. By sin, earth was cut off from heaven, and alienated from its communion; but Jesus has connected it again with the sphere of glory. His love has encircled man, and reached the highest heaven. The light which fell from the open portals upon the head of our Saviour will fall upon us as we pray for help to resist temptation.

]What a beautiful scene to reflect upon and to know that we too may have the same connection with heaven as did our Saviour. This should bring such reassurance to every soul that loves God.... "The voice which spoke to Jesus says to every believing soul, This is My beloved child, in whom I am well pleased."
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2020, 06:32:29 AM »
Amen, Sister Dorine!

As we contemplate the Savior's baptism, an important truth unfolds before our hearts and minds. We see that "God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation" (2 Corinthians 5:19). God is the one who offers us the gift of His love that draws upon the heart. All who respond to the drawing, constraining, infinite love of God may have abundant entrance into His kingdom as they experience His grace through saving, surrendered faith that purifies the heart and mind and imbues the life with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! Such a life is gladly brought into harmony with the law of freedom from sin revealed in the Ten Commandments!

"None among the hearers, and not even the speaker himself, discerned the import of these words, 'the Lamb of God.' Upon Mount Moriah, Abraham had heard the question of his son, 'My father, . . . where is the lamb for a burnt offering?' The father answered, 'My son, God will provide Himself a lamb for a burnt offering.' Genesis 22:7, 8. And in the ram divinely provided in the place of Isaac, Abraham saw a symbol of Him who was to die for the sins of men. The Holy Spirit through Isaiah, taking up the illustration, prophesied of the Saviour, 'He is brought as a lamb to the slaughter,' 'and the Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all' (Isaiah 53:7, 6); but the people of Israel had not understood the lesson. Many of them regarded the sacrificial offerings much as the heathen looked upon their sacrifices,--as gifts by which they themselves might propitiate the Deity. God desired to teach them that from His own love comes the gift which reconciles them to Himself." {The Desire of Ages, page 112, paragraph 5}

May we look away from ourselves to the true motivation for serving God--the love that led Him to give His only begotten Son so we may be ransomed and exalted into His eternal kingdom to fulfill a purpose that is higher than our highest human thoughts can think!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2020, 09:50:27 AM »
The word that was spoken to Jesus at the Jordan, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased," embraces humanity. God spoke to Jesus as our representative. With all our sins and weaknesses, we are not cast aside as worthless. "He hath made us accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:6. The glory that rested upon Christ is a pledge of the love of God for us. It tells us of the power of prayer,--how the human voice may reach the ear of God, and our petitions find acceptance in the courts of heaven. By sin, earth was cut off from heaven, and alienated from its communion; but Jesus has connected it again with the sphere of glory. His love has encircled man, and reached the highest heaven. The light which fell from the open portals upon the head of our Saviour will fall upon us as we pray for help to resist temptation. The voice which spoke to Jesus says to every believing soul, This is My beloved child, in whom I am well pleased. 

How wonderfully comforting it should be to all of us to know that  :

" We are not cast aside as worthless "

Whatever your situation may be today remember these words----

If you will seek the Lord and be converted every day; if you will of your own spiritual choice be free and joyous in God; if with gladsome consent of heart to His gracious call you come wearing the yoke of Christ,—the yoke of obedience and service,—all your murmurings will be stilled, all your difficulties will be removed, all the perplexing problems that now confront you will be solved Thoughts from the Mount of Blessings. Pg 101

Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2020, 05:19:22 AM »
"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is." 1 John 3:2. Our Redeemer has opened the way so that the most sinful, the most needy, the most oppressed and despised, may find access to the Father. All may have a home in the mansions which Jesus has gone to prepare. "These things saith He that is holy, He that is true, He that hath the key of David, He that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; . . . behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it." Revelation 3:7, 8.

I love this closing paragraph. As we keep Jesus the center of our thoughts, prayers and plans throughout the day new depths of love and appreciation will fill our hearts for the sacrificial life of our Saviour and His amazing grace toward us. The thought of being in the presence of Jesus and speaking face to face thrills my soul. We can do that today as we walk and talk and work with Him along life's way. He is with us now by faith and we look forward to when we will see His dear face and hear His sweet voice, to dwell with Him forevermore.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2020, 08:46:14 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

The power of God's grace is so strong and deep that God can take the most broken life and make it into a miracle of His healing love. As we look upon Jesus and abide in Him in complete surrender, we can be grateful that today is a new day to give God glory and praise for sending Jesus to be our Savior! Jesus is finishing His high priestly ministry in the heavenly sanctuary and is inviting all to receive His power to overcome! The door of probation is still open, so let us point all to Jesus!

"'Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.' 1 John 3:2. Our Redeemer has opened the way so that the most sinful, the most needy, the most oppressed and despised, may find access to the Father. All may have a home in the mansions which Jesus has gone to prepare. 'These things saith He that is holy, He that is true, He that hath the key of David, He that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; . . . behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it.' Revelation 3:7, 8." {The Desire of Ages, page 113, paragraph 2}

The invitation we all need to hear is one of compassion and truth, and Christ was baptized as our Savior and Example, offering us His perfect repentance and perfect life so we, through His imputed and imparted righteousness, may have a life bearing the fruits of all the traits of His character without one missing!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2020, 09:15:59 AM »
"By sin, earth was cut off from heaven, and alienated from its communion; but Jesus has connected it again with the sphere of glory. His love has encircled man, and reached the highest heaven. The light which fell from the open portals upon the head of our Saviour will fall upon us as we pray for help to resist temptation. The voice which spoke to Jesus says to every believing soul, This is My beloved child, in whom I am well pleased.'"

"If you will seek the Lord and be converted every day; if you will of your own spiritual choice be free and joyous in God; if with gladsome consent of heart to His gracious call you come wearing the yoke of Christ,—the yoke of obedience and service,—all your murmurings will be stilled, all your difficulties will be removed, all the perplexing problems that now confront you will be solved.  Thoughts from the Mount of Blessings. Pg 101

Dorine

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2021, 04:14:18 AM »
  "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is." 1 John 3:2. Our Redeemer has opened the way so that the most sinful, the most needy, the most oppressed and despised, may find access to the Father. All may have a home in the mansions which Jesus has gone to prepare. "These things saith He that is holy, He that is true, He that hath the key of David, He that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; . . . behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it." Revelation 3:7, 8.

What a promise! No one is left out. But every promise has a condition. Only those who accept Him as their Redeemer, the Lamb of God will find a forever home with Jesus. The only one who can close the door to heaven is ourselves through unbelief. The truth of what God has done to make our salvation sure should fill us with such gratefulness that we will not entertain any thoughts of doubt. We are loved and the world needs to know. Let's not just tell them but more importantly show them. May we shine with all of the fruits of the Spirit.

Happy Sabbath dear friends.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2021, 04:55:43 AM »
Happy Sabbath, dear friends!! Amen, Sister Dorine!

As we realize our true value because of what Christ experienced to save us from sin, let us walk in the courage of the Lord to in turn bless others!

"And the word that was spoken to Jesus at the Jordan, 'This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased,' embraces humanity. God spoke to Jesus as our representative. With all our sins and weaknesses, we are not cast aside as worthless. 'He hath made us accepted in the Beloved.' Ephesians 1:6. The glory that rested upon Christ is a pledge of the love of God for us. It tells us of the power of prayer,--how the human voice may reach the ear of God, and our petitions find acceptance in the courts of heaven. By sin, earth was cut off from heaven, and alienated from its communion; but Jesus has connected it again with the sphere of glory. His love has encircled man, and reached the highest heaven. The light which fell from the open portals upon the head of our Saviour will fall upon us as we pray for help to resist temptation. The voice which spoke to Jesus says to every believing soul, This is My beloved child, in whom I am well pleased." {The Desire of Ages, page 113, paragraph 1}

We get to be adopted into God's eternal family! What joy this brings to our hearts, along with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as long as Christ is reigning on the throne of our hearts by grace through faith taking away our sinful heart of unbelief and giving us a heart of flesh to know and do His holy will!

Beacon

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2021, 06:36:31 AM »
"The word that was spoken to Jesus at the Jordan, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased," embraces humanity. God spoke to Jesus as our representative. With all our sins and weaknesses, we are not cast aside as worthless. "He hath made us accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:6.

The glory that rested upon Christ is a pledge of the love of God for us.

It tells us of the power of prayer,--how the human voice may reach the ear of God, and our petitions find acceptance in the courts of heaven. By sin, earth was cut off from heaven, and alienated from its communion; but Jesus has connected it again with the sphere of glory. His love has encircled man, and reached the highest heaven. The light which fell from the open portals upon the head of our Saviour will fall upon us as we pray for help to resist temptation."

The voice which spoke to Jesus says to every believing soul, This is My beloved child, in whom I am well pleased.

If you will seek the Lord and be converted every day; if you will of your own spiritual choice be free and joyous in God; if with gladsome consent of heart to His gracious call you come wearing the yoke of Christ,—the yoke of obedience and service,—all your murmurings will be stilled, all your difficulties will be removed, all the perplexing problems that now confront you will be solved Thoughts from the Mount of Blessings. Pg 101

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2021, 06:52:37 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon. What an event took place when the sinner baptized the Sinless One!  And for our comfort the issue as to the nature of Christ is forever settled. When He came into this world, He came like us in the likeness of sinful flesh. Unlike us Christ came with two natures, fallen flesh and a sinless pure heart and mind. We came with only fallen flesh and a carnal heart and a carnal mind. This is why we can do no good thing until converted, and Jesus never sinned. He was tempted in all ways as we are, but never yielded to sin as all of humanity has. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23. But, God providing a remedy in His Son gives us the opportunity to be converted, to learn of Him and accept Him as our Savior, and to become partakers of His divine nature (2 Peter 2:1).

Thus there is no excuse for us to continue in sin. God in His mercy has given to man a period of temporal life wherein we have time to know God to trust Him with all we are and all we have. "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments." 1 John 2:1-3.

Why can we teach that Jesus came with our fallen nature? Because in today's reading were we not told He did? Yes, we are told this very clearly that none may remain confused.

Of the vast throng at the Jordan, few except John discerned the heavenly vision. Yet the solemnity of the divine Presence rested upon the assembly. The people stood silently gazing upon Christ. His form was bathed in the light that ever surrounds the throne of God. His upturned face was glorified as they had never before seen the face of man. From the open heavens a voice was heard saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
     These words of confirmation were given to inspire faith in those who witnessed the scene, and to strengthen the Saviour for His mission. Notwithstanding that the sins of a guilty world were laid upon Christ, notwithstanding the humiliation of taking upon Himself our fallen nature, the voice from heaven declared Him to be the Son of the Eternal.
     John had been deeply moved as he saw Jesus bowed as a suppliant, pleading with tears for the approval of the Father. As the glory of God encircled Him, and the voice from heaven was heard, John recognized the token which God had promised. He knew that it was the world's Redeemer whom he had baptized. The Holy Spirit rested upon him, and with outstretched hand pointing to Jesus, he cried, "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world."
     None among the hearers, and not even the speaker himself, discerned the import of these words, "the Lamb of God." Upon Mount Moriah, Abraham had heard the question of his son, "My father, . . . where is the lamb for a burnt offering?" The father answered, "My son, God will provide Himself a lamb for a burnt offering." Genesis 22:7, 8. And in the ram divinely provided in the place of Isaac, Abraham saw a symbol of Him who was to die for the sins of men. The Holy Spirit through Isaiah, taking up the illustration, prophesied of the Saviour, "He is brought as a lamb to the slaughter," "and the Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all" (Isaiah 53:7, 6); but the people of Israel had not understood the lesson. Many of them regarded the sacrificial offerings much as the heathen looked upon their sacrifices,--as gifts by which they themselves might propitiate the Deity. God desired to teach them that from His own love comes the gift which reconciles them to Himself.

As amazing as it is, we read here that even John the Baptist did not know that the Lamb had to die for the sins of the world. This is the power of false teaching. This the reason why Jesus is not able to come. His church continues in sin because she remains in a Laodicean condition, not knowing what it means to be truly converted, not knowing there is no excuse for sin, believing she is rich and increased with goods, not knowing she is "miserable, and wretched, and poor, and blind, and naked."

While Jesus strongly rebukes His church today, He also loves us and has declared what we must do in order to sit with Him on His throne. "I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and [that] the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches." Revelation 3:18-22.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2021, 05:56:47 AM »
What a joy it is to behold Christ who was baptized as our Savior and Example, and remember how He give us a promise of victory as we look to Him in humble faith!

"And the word that was spoken to Jesus at the Jordan, 'This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased,' embraces humanity. God spoke to Jesus as our representative. With all our sins and weaknesses, we are not cast aside as worthless. 'He hath made us accepted in the Beloved.' Ephesians 1:6. The glory that rested upon Christ is a pledge of the love of God for us. It tells us of the power of prayer,--how the human voice may reach the ear of God, and our petitions find acceptance in the courts of heaven. By sin, earth was cut off from heaven, and alienated from its communion; but Jesus has connected it again with the sphere of glory. His love has encircled man, and reached the highest heaven. The light which fell from the open portals upon the head of our Saviour will fall upon us as we pray for help to resist temptation. The voice which spoke to Jesus says to every believing soul, This is My beloved child, in whom I am well pleased." {The Desire of Ages, page 113, paragraph 1}

Let us look and live, and truly believe that God loves us and has plans to save to the uttermost all who come unto God by Him! We may surrender the whole heart to Christ and then have all of the fruits of the Spirit in the life without one missing, obedient to all the light that God sends upon us from His Ten Commandment law of love because of His divine grace having power to transform sinners into saints and to keep us from falling!

Beacon

« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2021, 06:15:23 AM »
----------------------------------------
Amen Pastor Sean

"The word that was spoken to Jesus at the Jordan, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased," embraces humanity. God spoke to Jesus as our representative,

"With all our sins and weaknesses, we are not cast aside as worthless.".

"He hath made us accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:6.

The glory that rested upon Christ is a pledge of the love of God for us.

It tells us of the power of prayer,--how the human voice may reach the ear of God, and our petitions find acceptance in the courts of heaven. By sin, earth was cut off from heaven, and alienated from its communion; but Jesus has connected it again with the sphere of glory. His love has encircled man, and reached the highest heaven.

The light which fell from the open portals upon the head of our Saviour will fall upon us as we pray for help to resist temptation. The voice which spoke to Jesus says to every believing soul, "This is My beloved child, in whom I am well pleased. "

How wonderfully comforting it should be to all of us to know that : " We are not cast aside as worthless " 

"If you will seek the Lord and be converted every day; if you will of your own spiritual choice be free and joyous in God; if with gladsome consent of heart to His gracious call you come wearing the yoke of Christ,—the yoke of obedience and service,—all your murmurings will be stilled, all your difficulties will be removed, all the perplexing problems that now confront you will be solved." Thoughts from the Mount of Blessings. Pg 101

Philip T

« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2021, 08:05:21 AM »
     Jesus did not receive baptism as a confession of guilt on His own account. He identified Himself with sinners, taking the steps that we are to take, and doing the work that we must do. His life of suffering and patient endurance after His baptism was also an example to us.
     As one with us, He must bear the burden of our guilt and woe. The Sinless One must feel the shame of sin. The peace lover must dwell with strife, the truth must abide with falsehood, purity with vileness. Every sin, every discord, every defiling lust that transgression had brought, was torture to His spirit.

Jesus was not Baptized because He had sinned, Jesus lived a sinless life here on earth. He was baptized to set an example for us, so we would know the importance and steps to be taken in Baptism. He takes on our sins, bears the burden of our sins upon himself, bearing the shame of our sins. Jesus feels the degradation and vileness of every sin confessed and placed on him. What love that He would do this for us.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2021, 09:46:42 PM »
"If you will seek the Lord and be converted every day; if you will of your own spiritual choice be free and joyous in God; if with gladsome consent of heart to His gracious call you come wearing the yoke of Christ,—the yoke of obedience and service,—all your murmurings will be stilled, all your difficulties will be removed, all the perplexing problems that now confront you will be solved." Thoughts from the Mount of Blessings. Pg 101

Amen, Brother Beacon!!

As Brother Philip has pointed out, if we would realize that Jesus had to feel the shame of sin, our sins, then we ought to be truly repentant for our sins. It is by His stripes that we are set free from sin.

As Pastor Sean has pointed out, Jesus is waiting for us to reflect His character, revealing all of the fruits of the Spirit, not one missing.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2021, 04:21:19 AM »
"By sin, earth was cut off from heaven, and alienated from its communion; but Jesus has connected it again with the sphere of glory. His love has encircled man, and reached the highest heaven. The light which fell from the open portals upon the head of our Saviour will fall upon us as we pray for help to resist temptation".

"The voice which spoke to Jesus says to every believing soul, This is My beloved child, in whom I am well pleased."

"John had been deeply moved as he saw Jesus bowed as a suppliant, pleading with tears for the approval of the Father. As the glory of God encircled Him, and the voice from heaven was heard, John recognized the token which God had promised. He knew that it was the world's Redeemer whom he had baptized. The Holy Spirit rested upon him, and with outstretched hand pointing to Jesus, he cried...,

"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world."

"Our Redeemer has opened the way so that the most sinful, the most needy, the most oppressed and despised, may find access to the Father."

No wonder we are encouraged to spend a thoughtful hour each day reflecting on the Love of God.

Amazing grace! how sweet the sound,
  That saved a wretch; like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
  Was blind, but now I see.
’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
  And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
  The hour I first believed!
The Lord hath promised good to me,
  His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be
  As long as life endures.
When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
  Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
  Than when we first begun.

Philip T

« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2021, 07:22:37 AM »
Amen brother Beacon;

As one with us, He must bear the burden of our guilt and woe. The Sinless One must feel the shame of sin. The peace lover must dwell with strife, the truth must abide with falsehood, purity with vileness. Every sin, every discord, every defiling lust that transgression had brought, was torture to His spirit.
     Alone He must tread the path; alone He must bear the burden. Upon Him who had laid off His glory and accepted the weakness of humanity the redemption of the world must rest. He saw and felt it all, but His purpose remained steadfast. Upon His arm depended the salvation of the fallen race, and He reached out His hand to grasp the hand of Omnipotent Love.

Jesus came to this world the bear it woes, its pain its sin, its pain upon Himself, in the process he became our savior the only way to eternity. He is the ladder that reaches between heave and earth, his feet on earth this hands in heaven. Jacobs Ladder, the only way to reach heaven is through faith in Him and obedience to Him, He took our sins upon Himself, and placed his perfect life upon Us. What love he has for all mankind.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2021, 09:08:03 AM »
Who initiates and completes the work? It is God who works in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure, and it is so phenomenal that the gift that reconciles us to Himself is provided by God Himself. God is in Christ reconciling us to Himself and He invites us to really believe that He loves us and abide in Him in a moment-by-moment union and communion with Him! The joy of the Lord is our strength because of what Christ has done for us!

"None among the hearers, and not even the speaker himself, discerned the import of these words, 'the Lamb of God.' Upon Mount Moriah, Abraham had heard the question of his son, 'My father, . . . where is the lamb for a burnt offering?' The father answered, 'My son, God will provide Himself a lamb for a burnt offering.' Genesis 22:7, 8. And in the ram divinely provided in the place of Isaac, Abraham saw a symbol of Him who was to die for the sins of men. The Holy Spirit through Isaiah, taking up the illustration, prophesied of the Saviour, 'He is brought as a lamb to the slaughter,' 'and the Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all' (Isaiah 53:7, 6); but the people of Israel had not understood the lesson. Many of them regarded the sacrificial offerings much as the heathen looked upon their sacrifices,--as gifts by which they themselves might propitiate the Deity. God desired to teach them that from His own love comes the gift which reconciles them to Himself." {The Desire of Ages, page 112, paragraph 5}

As we behold the loveliness of Jesus, we can choose to yield to the gracious motivation of His love and allow His atoning blood to cleanse us from every stain of sin while filling us with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! There is no greater joy than being in the center of God's will!

Beacon

« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2021, 03:20:34 AM »
 "Our Redeemer has opened the way so that the most sinful, the most needy, the most oppressed and despised, may find access to the Father."

"All may have a home in the mansions which Jesus has gone to prepare."

"These things saith He that is holy, He that is true, He that hath the key of David, He that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; . . . behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it." Revelation 3:7, 8.

Through the Holy Spirit speaking to us today we can hear the voice of Jesus saying to each of us in....

Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2021, 10:18:42 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

What a joy to trust in Jesus, and take Him at His word! He desires us to be in an intelligent appreciation of what it means to be "accepted in the Beloved" as we yield our will to Christ and go where He leads us to follow Him!

The joy of salvation comes to us as we trust in His divine grace, walk in His will and way, and learn of Him in a moment-by-moment union and communion of our souls with Christ by grace through faith! All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will come to the life as we let Christ live in us, the hope of glory! Faith and feeling are as distinct as the east is from the west, so it is important to trust Christ even when we may not feel like we are accepted, as long as we continue to surrender fully to Him and let Him lead us in His plan!

Beacon

« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2022, 08:07:46 PM »
"John had been deeply moved as he saw Jesus bowed as a suppliant, pleading with tears for the approval of the Father."

"As the glory of God encircled Him, and the voice from heaven was heard, John recognized the token which God had promised."

"He knew that it was the world's Redeemer whom he had baptized."

"The Holy Spirit rested upon him, and with outstretched hand pointing to Jesus, he cried...,

"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world."

Jesus has set before us a great example that we all should follow as an expression of our willingness to forsake our past sins and experience His cleansing power in our lives. If you have been baptized but wandered away from God for an extended period of time you might want to consider being re-baptized by immersion again.

Baptize us anew With power from on high,
With love, O refresh us! Dear Savior, draw nigh.

Refrain
We humbly beseech Thee, Lord Jesus, we pray,
With love and the Spirit baptize us today.
We praise Thee, we bless Thee, dear Lamb that was slain
We laud and adore Thee, Amen and Amen.

Unworthy we cry, Unholy, unclean,
O wash us and cleanse us From sin’s guilty stain.

O heavenly Dove, Descend from on high!
We plead Thy rich blessing; In mercy draw nigh.

O list the glad voice! From heaven it came:
Thou art My beloved, Well pleased I am.

W.A. Ogden - Words and Music