Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--9--Days of Conflict  (Read 18061 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--9--Days of Conflict
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2022, 09:24:55 PM »
Amen my dear friends!  What Savior we have! What trials He faced throughout His life.  :(   He did it for us!

As the condition of the people began to open to His mind, He saw that the requirements of society and the requirements of God were in constant collision. Men were departing from the word of God, and exalting theories of their own invention. They were observing traditional rites that possessed no virtue. Their service was a mere round of ceremonies; the sacred truths it was designed to teach were hidden from the worshipers. He saw that in their faithless services they found no peace. They did not know the freedom of spirit that would come to them by serving God in truth. Jesus had come to teach the meaning of the worship of God, and He could not sanction the mingling of human requirements with the divine precepts. He did not attack the precepts or practices of the learned teachers; but when reproved for His own simple habits, He presented the word of God in justification of His conduct. 

And shall we,,,by God's grace!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2022, 08:00:32 PM »
"In whatever company He found Himself, He presented a lesson that was appropriate to the time and the circumstances."

"He sought to inspire with hope the most rough and unpromising, setting before them the assurance that they might become blameless and harmless, attaining such a character as would make them manifest as the children of God."

"Often He met those who had drifted under Satan's control, and who had no power to break from his snare."

"To such a one, discouraged, sick, tempted, and fallen, Jesus would speak words of tenderest pity, words that were needed and could be understood."

"Others He met who were fighting a hand-to-hand battle with the adversary of souls."

"These He encouraged to persevere, assuring them that they would win; for angels of God were on their side, and would give them the victory. "

"Those whom He thus helped were convinced that here was One in whom they could trust with perfect confidence."

Here we see laid out for us a perfect pattern of ministry. May it be our Goal to become More Like Jesus Everyday.

==================================

Rescue the perishing,
  Care for the dying,
Snatch them in pity from sin and the grave;
  Weep o’er the erring one,
  Lift up the fallen,
Tell them of Jesus the mighty to save.
    Rescue the perishing,
  Care for the dying;
Jesus is merciful,
    Jesus will save.
Though they are slighting Him,
  Still He is waiting,
Waiting the penitent child to receive;
  Plead with them earnestly,
  Plead with them gently;
He will forgive if they only believe.
Down in the human heart,
  Crushed by the tempter,
Feelings lie buried that grace can restore;
  Touched by a loving heart,
  Wakened by kindness,
Chords that are broken will vibrate once more.
Rescue the perishing,
  Duty demands it;
Strength for thy labor the Lord will provide;
  Back to the narrow way,
  Patiently win them;
Tell the poor wand’rer a Savior has died.

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:William Howard Doane (1832-1915)
Look up and listen for the shout.

Philip T

« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2022, 05:05:37 AM »
    Jesus was the healer of the body as well as of the soul. He was interested in every phase of suffering that came under His notice, and to every sufferer He brought relief, His kind words having a soothing balm. None could say that He had worked a miracle; but virtue--the healing power of love--went out from Him to the sick and distressed. Thus in an unobtrusive way He worked for the people from His very childhood. And this was why, after His public ministry began, so many heard Him gladly.

Jesus was concerned with the whole body when dealing with people both Physical and Spiritual needs, showing forth love to all, we need to pattern our ministry after His ministry. Often winning one to Jesus may start with meeting their physical needs - hunger, sickness, or some other need, building a friendship and relationship with them, then they are willing to allow us to sow seeds of the scripture in their hearts and allow the Holy Spirit to work on their hearts.

Dorine

« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2022, 05:30:02 AM »
"....The example of Jesus was to them a continual irritation. He hated but one thing in the world, and that was sin. He could not witness a wrong act without pain which it was impossible to disguise. Between the formalists, whose sanctity of appearance concealed the love of sin, and a character in which zeal for God's glory was always paramount, the contrast was unmistakable. Because the life of Jesus condemned evil, He was opposed, both at home and abroad. His unselfishness and integrity were commented on with a sneer. His forbearance and kindness were termed cowardice.        

But to every temptation He had one answer, "It is written." He rarely rebuked any wrongdoing of His brothers, but He had a word from God to speak to them. Often He was accused of cowardice for refusing to unite with them in some forbidden act; but His answer was, It is written, "The fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding." Job 28:28.

....There were some who sought His society, feeling at peace in His presence; but many avoided Him, because they were rebuked by His stainless life. Young companions urged Him to do as they did. He was bright and cheerful; they enjoyed His presence, and welcomed His ready suggestions; but they were impatient at His scruples, and pronounced Him narrow and strait-laced. Jesus answered, It is written, "Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to Thy word." "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee." Psalm 119:9, 11.

Here is our victory as well. How I regret not committing more scripture to memory in my young years. Now it is so very difficult to retain but we can not give up because of that for Jesus can and will connect the memory pathways when we need it the most if we are diligently praying, reading and studying. This is such an inspiring chapter.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2022, 07:26:59 AM »
Praise the Lord, Brother Beacon, Brother Richard, and God bless you all who read and are blessed here!! You matter to God! Jesus taught us to value eternal things over temporal things, and He spent His time in a way that revealed this value system. Rather than seeking happiness from sources that are transient, He sought it in communion with God in nature, a reminder that this is how God intends for us to find true happiness! God bless you in following Jesus all the way to heaven as we yield the whole heart to Him so all of the fruits of the Spirit will be manifest in the life as we overcome by His grace and are empowered to keep the commandments of God through the faith of Jesus!!

"From the time when the parents of Jesus found Him in the temple, His course of action was a mystery to them. He would not enter into controversy, yet His example was a constant lesson. He seemed as one who was set apart. His hours of happiness were found when alone with nature and with God. Whenever it was His privilege, He turned aside from the scene of His labor, to go into the fields, to meditate in the green valleys, to hold communion with God on the mountainside or amid the trees of the forest. The early morning often found Him in some secluded place, meditating, searching the Scriptures, or in prayer. From these quiet hours He would return to His home to take up His duties again, and to give an example of patient toil." {The Desire of Ages, page 89, paragraph 6}

The loveliness of Jesus is so powerful to encourage us to walk by grace through faith in His will! Walk with Him and enjoy constant union and communion with Christ!! 
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2022, 08:15:17 PM »
"Because the life of Jesus condemned evil, He was opposed, both at home and abroad."

"His unselfishness and integrity were commented on with a sneer."

"His forbearance and kindness were termed cowardice. "       

"But to every temptation He had one answer, "It is written."

"He rarely rebuked any wrongdoing of His brothers, but He had a word from God to speak to them."

"Often He was accused of cowardice for refusing to unite with them in some forbidden act."

"His answer was, It is written, "The fear of the Lord, is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding." Job 28:28.

Should " WE " expect anything different when we stand up for Jesus in our lives??

======================

Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.
Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
  Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Oh, that it may be no more I,
    But Christ that lives in me.
Not I, but Christ to gently soothe in sorrow,
Not I, but Christ to wipe the falling tear;
Not I, but Christ to lift the weary burden,
Not I, but Christ to hush away all fear.
Christ, only Christ, no idle word e’er falling,
Christ, only Christ, no needless bustling sound;
Christ, only Christ, no self-important bearing,
Christ, only Christ, no trace of I be found.
Not I, but Christ my every need supplying,
Not I, but Christ my strength and health to be;
Christ, only Christ, for spirit, soul, and body,
Christ, only Christ, live then Thy life in me.
Christ, only Christ, ere long will fill my vision,
Glory excelling soon, full soon I’ll see;
Christ, only Christ, my every wish fulfilling,
Christ, only Christ, my all in all to be.

Lyrics:Mrs. Ada A. Whiddington (1891)
Music:Albert Benjamin Simpson (1843-1919)

HEARS TO WISHING "YOU ALL" A VERY BLESSED CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION!

Dorine

« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2022, 07:26:39 AM »

"Jesus was the healer of the body as well as of the soul. He was interested in every phase of suffering that came under His notice, and to every sufferer He brought relief, His kind words having a soothing balm. None could say that He had worked a miracle; but virtue--the healing power of love--went out from Him to the sick and distressed. Thus in an unobtrusive way He worked for the people from His very childhood. And this was why, after His public ministry began, so many heard Him gladly.
Yet through childhood, youth, and manhood, Jesus walked alone. In His purity and His faithfulness, He trod the wine press alone, and of the people there was none with Him. He carried the awful weight of responsibility for the salvation of men. He knew that unless there was a decided change in the principles and purposes of the human race, all would be lost. This was the burden of His soul, and none could appreciate the weight that rested upon Him. Filled with intense purpose, He carried out the design of His life that He Himself should be the light of men."

The life of Jesus challenges us to live as He did. He teaches us how to treat others with love, and gentle compassion yet hold true to the standards of heaven. He shows us how vitally important it is to know scripture that protects us from sinning. He shows us what it means to walk with Him and abide in Him and to be a light to the world as He was. As we celebrate His birth with family today may Christ be the center of all our thoughts and activities. The greatest gift ever given was the precious gift of that Baby in a manger who came to redeem us from sin, transforming us into His character and to show us how to live while waiting for His second return.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2022, 11:32:35 AM »
Amen my dear brother and sister!  What a lesson for us!  As a child He suffered much. And His mother suffered with Him. So it will be for all who walk in the path of Jesus. And, in the middle of tribulation, we have so very much to be thankful for. In Christ we have love, joy, and peace, just as the child Jesus had.

He taught all to look upon themselves as endowed with precious talents, which if rightly employed would secure for them eternal riches. He weeded all vanity from life, and by His own example taught that every moment of time is fraught with eternal results; that it is to be cherished as a treasure, and to be employed for holy purposes. He passed by no human being as worthless, but sought to apply the saving remedy to every soul. In whatever company He found Himself, He presented a lesson that was appropriate to the time and the circumstances. He sought to inspire with hope the most rough and unpromising, setting before them the assurance that they might become blameless and harmless, attaining such a character as would make them manifest as the children of God. Often He met those who had drifted under Satan's control, and who had no power to break from his snare. To such a one, discouraged, sick, tempted, and fallen, Jesus would speak words of tenderest pity, words that were needed and could be understood. Others He met who were fighting a hand-to-hand battle with the adversary of souls. These He encouraged to persevere, assuring them that they would win; for angels of God were on their side, and would give them the victory. Those whom He thus helped were convinced that here was One in whom they could trust with perfect confidence. He would not betray the secrets they poured into His sympathizing ear.   

Do we understand that all are endowed with precious talents?  Then let us encourage all just as Jesus did.  Have a blessed Christmas!! Tell all you come in contact with that there is a God that loves them. He came to dwell among man that we might see evidence of His love.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2023, 08:08:49 PM »
"Jesus met those who had drifted under Satan's control, and who had no power to break from his snare.'

"To such a one, discouraged, sick, tempted, and fallen, Jesus would speak words of tenderest pity, words that were needed and could be understood."

"Others He met who were fighting a hand-to-hand battle with the adversary of souls."

"These He encouraged to persevere, assuring them that they would win; for angels of God were on their side, and would give them the victory. "

"Those whom He thus helped were convinced that here was One in whom they could trust with perfect confidence. He would not betray the secrets they poured into His sympathizing ear."

Gossip is a weapon of Satan. How many Secrets have "WE" shared thereby causing more Pain, Sorrow & Sadness. I don't want to be an agent of Satan, do you?? I want to be like Jesus. How about " YOU " ?

=======================
Earthly pleasures vainly call me,
  I would be like Jesus;
Nothing worldly shall enthrall me,
  I would be like Jesus.
    Be like Jesus, this my song,
  In the home and in the throng;
Be like Jesus, all day long!
    I would be like Jesus.
He has broken every fetter,
  I would be like Jesus;
That my soul may serve Him better,
  I would be like Jesus.
All the way from earth to glory,
  I would be like Jesus;
Telling o’er and o’er the story,
  I would be like Jesus.

Lyrics:James Rowe (1866-1933)
Music:Bentley DeForest Ackley (1872-1958)

Dorine

« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2023, 04:21:11 AM »
"He taught all to look upon themselves as endowed with precious talents, which if rightly employed would secure for them eternal riches. He weeded all vanity from life, and by His own example taught that every moment of time is fraught with eternal results; that it is to be cherished as a treasure, and to be employed for holy purposes. He passed by no human being as worthless, but sought to apply the saving remedy to every soul. In whatever company He found Himself, He presented a lesson that was appropriate to the time and the circumstances. He sought to inspire with hope the most rough and unpromising, setting before them the assurance that they might become blameless and harmless, attaining such a character as would make them manifest as the children of God. Often He met those who had drifted under Satan's control, and who had no power to break from his snare. To such a one, discouraged, sick, tempted, and fallen, Jesus would speak words of tenderest pity, words that were needed and could be understood. Others He met who were fighting a hand-to-hand battle with the adversary of souls. These He encouraged to persevere, assuring them that they would win; for angels of God were on their side, and would give them the victory. Those whom He thus helped were convinced that here was One in whom they could trust with perfect confidence. He would not betray the secrets they poured into His sympathizing ear."   

As we walk and abide moment by moment with Christ we learn of His life and how He overcame temptation. What a privilege and blessing is ours to carry on the work of Jesus. Not just in our own lives but searching for souls in need of redemption. They may not know they are lost but God uses our example to show them the peace and joy they too can possess if they but come to Him, surrendering all and putting their full trust in God. How we represent Christ will have an eternal affect on the lives of others. May all who cross our path today be it family, friend or stranger know that we belong to Jesus because we are just like Him.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2023, 06:50:45 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine! What unity we find in our sharing today, as the Holy Spirit impressed us all to share the same part of the chapter!

What a Savior and Example we find in Jesus!

"He taught all to look upon themselves as endowed with precious talents, which if rightly employed would secure for them eternal riches. He weeded all vanity from life, and by His own example taught that every moment of time is fraught with eternal results; that it is to be cherished as a treasure, and to be employed for holy purposes. He passed by no human being as worthless, but sought to apply the saving remedy to every soul. In whatever company He found Himself, He presented a lesson that was appropriate to the time and the circumstances. He sought to inspire with hope the most rough and unpromising, setting before them the assurance that they might become blameless and harmless, attaining such a character as would make them manifest as the children of God. Often He met those who had drifted under Satan's control, and who had no power to break from his snare. To such a one, discouraged, sick, tempted, and fallen, Jesus would speak words of tenderest pity, words that were needed and could be understood. Others He met who were fighting a hand-to-hand battle with the adversary of souls. These He encouraged to persevere, assuring them that they would win; for angels of God were on their side, and would give them the victory. Those whom He thus helped were convinced that here was One in whom they could trust with perfect confidence. He would not betray the secrets they poured into His sympathizing ear." {The Desire of Ages, page 91, paragraph 1}

Christ is offering us His experience, His love, and His victorious character in place of our defective, sinful one. Oh, what marvelous grace God lavishes upon us that we can surrender the whole heart to Him to cleanse and purify, and He will make it new and pure, filled with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we abide in His will and obey Him from the heart up the light of His truth revealed from His holy law! Praise God for His unchanging grace and strength upon which we can safely build our characters anew in Christ! He is able to cleanse us from all our sins and to keep us from sinning! Praise God!!

"Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen" (Jude 24-25).
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2023, 05:56:58 AM »
Does your life and character need some weeding? Come to Jesus, the Master who is able to cultivate the good traits in your life and help you to choose to let Him remove whatever is not in harmony with His character. All of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be seen in our lives as long as we live by faith on the Son of God, guiding us in the true experience of affectionate obedience to do God's will! Let us trust in Him fully and allow Jesus to transform us into His image!!

"He taught all to look upon themselves as endowed with precious talents, which if rightly employed would secure for them eternal riches. He weeded all vanity from life, and by His own example taught that every moment of time is fraught with eternal results; that it is to be cherished as a treasure, and to be employed for holy purposes. He passed by no human being as worthless, but sought to apply the saving remedy to every soul. In whatever company He found Himself, He presented a lesson that was appropriate to the time and the circumstances. He sought to inspire with hope the most rough and unpromising, setting before them the assurance that they might become blameless and harmless, attaining such a character as would make them manifest as the children of God. Often He met those who had drifted under Satan's control, and who had no power to break from his snare. To such a one, discouraged, sick, tempted, and fallen, Jesus would speak words of tenderest pity, words that were needed and could be understood. Others He met who were fighting a hand-to-hand battle with the adversary of souls. These He encouraged to persevere, assuring them that they would win; for angels of God were on their side, and would give them the victory. Those whom He thus helped were convinced that here was One in whom they could trust with perfect confidence. He would not betray the secrets they poured into His sympathizing ear." {The Desire of Ages, page 91, paragraph 1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2023, 07:00:44 AM »
Amen Pastor Sean! Jesus came that we might be transformed into His image!

Jesus was misunderstood by His brothers because He was not like them. His standard was not their standard. In looking to men they had turned away from God, and they had not His power in their lives. The forms of religion which they observed could not transform the character. They paid "tithe of mint and anise and cummin," but omitted "the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith." Matthew 23:23. The example of Jesus was to them a continual irritation. He hated but one thing in the world, and that was sin. He could not witness a wrong act without pain which it was impossible to disguise. Between the formalists, whose sanctity of appearance concealed the love of sin, and a character in which zeal for God's glory was always paramount, the contrast was unmistakable. Because the life of Jesus condemned evil, He was opposed, both at home and abroad. His unselfishness and integrity were commented on with a sneer. His forbearance and kindness were termed cowardice.
     Of the bitterness that falls to the lot of humanity, there was no part which Christ did not taste. There were those who tried to cast contempt upon Him because of His birth, and even in His childhood He had to meet their scornful looks and evil whisperings. If He had responded by an impatient word or look, if He had conceded to His brothers by even one wrong act, He would have failed of being a perfect example. Thus He would have failed of carrying out the plan for our redemption. Had He even admitted that there could be an excuse for sin, Satan would have triumphed, and the world would have been lost. This is why the tempter worked to make His life as trying as possible, that He might be led to sin.

There is no excuse for sin no matter who teaches otherwise. God's grace is powerful and we see this in those who have been transformed from sinner into saint.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2023, 07:12:12 AM »
In reading through Pastor Sean's post again, I can't help but comment on his quote.

Grace is the power that transforms sinners into saints. But, we do not hear this very often from Christian pulpits. Do we not have examples of those who were certainly sinners, but now are are witnesses of this power? Today, even such as us are promised that we too might be His witnesses of the power of unmerited love.

He taught all to look upon themselves as endowed with precious talents, which if rightly employed would secure for them eternal riches. He weeded all vanity from life, and by His own example taught that every moment of time is fraught with eternal results; that it is to be cherished as a treasure, and to be employed for holy purposes. He passed by no human being as worthless, but sought to apply the saving remedy to every soul. In whatever company He found Himself, He presented a lesson that was appropriate to the time and the circumstances. He sought to inspire with hope the most rough and unpromising, setting before them the assurance that they might become blameless and harmless, attaining such a character as would make them manifest as the children of God. Often He met those who had drifted under Satan's control, and who had no power to break from his snare. To such a one, discouraged, sick, tempted, and fallen, Jesus would speak words of tenderest pity, words that were needed and could be understood. Others He met who were fighting a hand-to-hand battle with the adversary of souls. These He encouraged to persevere, assuring them that they would win; for angels of God were on their side, and would give them the victory. Those whom He thus helped were convinced that here was One in whom they could trust with perfect confidence. He would not betray the secrets they poured into His sympathizing ear.   

Beacon

« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2023, 08:20:27 PM »
"He, Jesus, passed by no human being as worthless."

"He sought to apply the saving remedy to every soul."

"In whatever company He found Himself, He presented a lesson that was appropriate to the time and the circumstances."
He sought to inspire with hope the most rough and unpromising,"

"Setting before them the assurance that they might become blameless and harmless, attaining such a character as would make them manifest as the children of God."

"Often He met those who had drifted under Satan's control, and who had no power to break from his snare. To such a one, discouraged, sick, tempted, and fallen, Jesus would speak words of tenderest pity, words that were needed and could be understood."

"Others He met who were fighting a hand-to-hand battle with the adversary of souls. These He encouraged to persevere, assuring them that they would win; for angels of God were on their side, and would give them the victory."

"Those whom He thus helped were convinced that here was One in whom they could trust with perfect confidence. He would not betray the secrets they poured into His sympathizing ear."   

I want to be like "JESUS" don't you? Are "WE" willing to spend time Him everyday so that when we meet some hurting helpless soul caught in Satan's web we can share the restoring forgiveness of Jesus and help them find their way to "Eternal Life?

===========================
  I would be like Jesus;
  I would be like Jesus.
    I would be like Jesus.
  I would be like Jesus;
  I would be like Jesus.
  I would be like Jesus;
  I would be like Jesus.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2023, 05:05:01 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon!  Jesus loves us and does all He can to save us!

At a very early age, Jesus had begun to act for Himself in the formation of His character, and not even respect and love for His parents could turn Him from obedience to God's word. "It is written" was His reason for every act that varied from the family customs. But the influence of the rabbis made His life a bitter one. Even in His youth He had to learn the hard lesson of silence and patient endurance.
     His brothers, as the sons of Joseph were called, sided with the rabbis. They insisted that the traditions must be heeded, as if they were the requirements of God. They even regarded the precepts of men more highly than the word of God, and they were greatly annoyed at the clear penetration of Jesus in distinguishing between the false and the true. His strict obedience to the law of God they condemned as stubbornness. They were surprised at the knowledge and wisdom He showed in answering the rabbis. They knew that He had not received instruction from the wise men, yet they could not but see that He was an instructor to them. They recognized that His education was of a higher type than their own. But they did not discern that He had access to the tree of life, a source of knowledge of which they were ignorant.

I chose these to share this morning and was interested in the fact that Jesus had access to the tree of life. We know the tree existed in Eden, and is now in heaven. But, Jesus had access to it. I wanted to know more as to how He had access to it. Do we understand we have access to it also? And do we understand that the forbidden tree we are not to drink from?

“The garden of Eden was not only Adam’s dwelling, but his school-room. As in that school, so in the school of the earth, two trees are planted, the tree of life, which bears the fruit of true education, and the tree of knowledge, yielding the fruit of ‘science falsely so-called.’ All that have connection with Christ have access to the tree of life, a source of knowledge of which the world is ignorant. After sin entered this world, the heavenly husbandman transplanted the tree of life to the paradise above, but its branches hang over the wall to the lower world. Through the redemption purchased by the blood of the Son of God, man may now partake of its life-giving fruit. The tree of knowledge has its roots in the earth. It is of the earth, earthy. All who have tasted of the heavenly fruit, the bread of life, are to be co-workers with God, pointing others from the tree of knowledge to the tree of life, that they also may partake of its fruit.”  PH140 7.3

How do the universities work today to destroy humanity? They not only drink for the tree of knowledge, but spread their knowledge widely and reveal whom they serve. Closely aligned with them and their knowledge is the Beast spoken of in the Book of Revelation. There are some that are lettered who have not been completely destroyed, but most who have drunk from the tree of knowledge are being led by the arch enemy of God. Sadly we find many are teachers in our schools and Sabbath Schools because they are lettered. Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees. Like Saul and some of the priests who were converted after the cross, so it may be that some of the lettered ones can be saved by drinking of the Tree of Life.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2023, 06:47:06 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard! Let us follow Jesus in true education from the tree of life!

As we reflect on the early years of Jesus' life, we learn a lot about how to build a godly character and follow God's will in our lives, too!

"From the time when the parents of Jesus found Him in the temple, His course of action was a mystery to them. He would not enter into controversy, yet His example was a constant lesson. He seemed as one who was set apart. His hours of happiness were found when alone with nature and with God. Whenever it was His privilege, He turned aside from the scene of His labor, to go into the fields, to meditate in the green valleys, to hold communion with God on the mountainside or amid the trees of the forest. The early morning often found Him in some secluded place, meditating, searching the Scriptures, or in prayer. From these quiet hours He would return to His home to take up His duties again, and to give an example of patient toil." {The Desire of Ages, page 89, paragraph 6}

Surrendering fullly to Christ, all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives as we follow the Lord's word in true obedience up to the light God has shown us. Christ will give us rest of soul as we abide in Him and let Him lead us in following His example.

Beacon

« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2023, 08:22:37 PM »
"Jesus sought to inspire with hope the most rough and unpromising,"

"He set before them the assurance that they might become blameless and harmless, attaining such a character as would make them manifest as the children of God.

"Often He met those who had drifted under Satan's control, and who had no power to break from his snare."

"To such a one, discouraged, sick, tempted, and fallen, Jesus would speak words of tenderest pity, words that were needed and could be understood".

"Others He met who were fighting a hand-to-hand battle with the adversary of souls. These He encouraged to persevere, assuring them that they would win; for angels of God were on their side, and would give them the victory."

"Those whom He thus helped were convinced that here was One in whom they could trust with perfect confidence. He would not betray the secrets they poured into His sympathizing ear.
"

I want to be like Jesus - don't you??

===========================
  I would be like Jesus;
  I would be like Jesus.
    I would be like Jesus.
  I would be like Jesus;
  I would be like Jesus.
  I would be like Jesus;
  I would be like Jesus.

Dorine

« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2023, 05:13:01 AM »
"He taught all to look upon themselves as endowed with precious talents, which if rightly employed would secure for them eternal riches. He weeded all vanity from life, and by His own example taught that every moment of time is fraught with eternal results; that it is to be cherished as a treasure, and to be employed for holy purposes. He passed by no human being as worthless, but sought to apply the saving remedy to every soul. In whatever company He found Himself, He presented a lesson that was appropriate to the time and the circumstances. He sought to inspire with hope the most rough and unpromising, setting before them the assurance that they might become blameless and harmless, attaining such a character as would make them manifest as the children of God. Often He met those who had drifted under Satan's control, and who had no power to break from his snare. To such a one, discouraged, sick, tempted, and fallen, Jesus would speak words of tenderest pity, words that were needed and could be understood. Others He met who were fighting a hand-to-hand battle with the adversary of souls. These He encouraged to persevere, assuring them that they would win; for angels of God were on their side, and would give them the victory. Those whom He thus helped were convinced that here was One in whom they could trust with perfect confidence. He would not betray the secrets they poured into His sympathizing ear."
This is the work He has left for us to continue. Instead of finding fault in others, gossiping and judging motive we are to study the life of Christ accepting His forgiveness in our own lives.  Then we will see the potential in others. While we hate the sin we love the person.  Love forgets self and with the Holy Spirit diligently works to help and uplift others.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2023, 07:34:56 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!

You have infinite value to God. Jesus sought to help all and reveal the Father's love in a way that people could understand. As we abide in Christ in a full-heart surrender, we can go and do likewise as we let the Holy Spirit manifest thorough us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we come into true obedience to all of God's commandments!

As we let Jesus weed all vanity from our lives, we can be filled with the intense purpose to proclaim the everlasting gospel to the whole world in preparation for Christ's soon return (see Revelation 14:6-12, Matthew 24:14). Such a purpose will give depth, stability and Christlike loveliness to the character as God's plans are fulfilled in the converted lives of His children!