Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--8--The Passover Visit  (Read 18666 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--8--The Passover Visit
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2021, 10:03:47 AM »
  "The words of Jesus had moved their hearts as they had never before been moved by words from human lips. God was seeking to give light to those leaders in Israel, and He used the only means by which they could be reached. In their pride they would have scorned to admit that they could receive instruction from anyone. If Jesus had appeared to be trying to teach them, they would have disdained to listen. But they flattered themselves that they were teaching Him, or at least testing His knowledge of the Scriptures. The youthful modesty and grace of Jesus disarmed their prejudices. Unconsciously their minds were opened to the word of God, and the Holy Spirit spoke to their hearts."

Here is a lesson from Jesus that we need to learn and practice. As we become acquainted with those we are sharing truth with we will always use the tact and wisdom of Jesus. Even as a child He understood this. How do we receive such understanding? only by beholding His life on earth through scripture and SOP. What insight we are privileged to have.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2021, 08:49:46 AM »
Amen, Brother Richard, Brother Philip, Brother Beacon, and Sister Dorine! What a blessing to be unified through beholding Christ's true character!

May we experience the blessing of beholding Jesus! By beholding Christ and reflecting on His true character, we can experience renewing of our hearts and minds and become like Him in mind and character! Then all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing and we will gladly obey the law of God as He writes it in our hearts and minds!

"It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 4} 

By beholding we become changed. Looking to Jesus there is healing for each and every one of us, and no matter how far we have fallen short of the glory of God, looking in faith to the Redeemer is the answer for each and every one of us on a moment-by-moment basis to have constant union and communion with Him! May you go forth this day to be a blessing as you are blessed by Jesus!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2021, 04:04:00 AM »
Happy Sabbath! If we had to simplify why it is we need to behold Jesus every day, it can be said so beautifully in this this way:

It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross. 
     As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be "changed into the same image from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18.

As we behold Jesus and surrender FULLY to Him, He renews our hearts and minds and fills us with all of the fruits of the Spirit--so not one will be missing as we gladly obey God's law of love! Let us keep our eyes on Jesus today and invite others to do the same!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2021, 06:37:26 AM »
"In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us. When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked.

"This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ."

"Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it. Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them. They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence."

I am reminded of the old adage = "He who Fails to Prepare - Prepares to Fail "

Jesus said in Matthew 7:7-12
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

As we celebrate another precious Sabbath may we claim and practice the promise that Jesus will draw near to us IF we take the time to draw closer to Him and not just on the Sabbath but each day of our lives.
Look up and listen for the shout.

Dorine

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2021, 06:53:26 AM »
In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us. When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked. This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ.

When Christ has our whole heart and we continually abide in Him we will instantly recognize the presence or absence of Jesus. That moment by moment connection must be kept alive by prayer, study and sharing.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2021, 05:44:00 AM »
It is a blessing to read the previous posts and see how God is leading us.   Amen Sister Dorine.  It is not good to drop a  bolt in the grass and spend time looking for it before praying for help. We ought not forget God. When we allow our minds to wander away from Him, we have no protection from the temptations that so easily beset us. What a lesson we read here today.  I must share more than one paragraph that the picture be made perfect.

If Joseph and Mary had stayed their minds upon God by meditation and prayer, they would have realized the sacredness of their trust, and would not have lost sight of Jesus. By one day's neglect they lost the Saviour; but it cost them three days of anxious search to find Him. So with us; by idle talk, evilspeaking, or neglect of prayer, we may in one day lose the Saviour's presence, and it may take many days of sorrowful search to find Him, and regain the peace that we have lost.
     In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us. When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked. This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ.
     Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it. Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them. They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence.
     It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross.
     As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be "changed into the same image from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18.

We do not have to premeditate leaving the Savior, we only have to forget Him, and we separate ourselves from Him. What happens then? Without an abiding Christ in our hearts, we have no protection from the temptations that come each day. This is why we sin. In our fallen nature we are helpless. We must maintain our connection with Christ in order to keep from sinning. When we separate ourselves from Him, where is Jesus? He is not in the heart, but He stands at the door pleading for entrance. What a God we serve!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2021, 06:07:15 AM »
 "The words of Jesus had moved their hearts as they had never before been moved by words from human lips."

"God was seeking to give light to those leaders in Israel, and He used the only means by which they could be reached. In their pride they would have scorned to admit that they could receive instruction from anyone."

"If Jesus had appeared to be trying to teach them, they would have disdained to listen. "

"But they flattered themselves that they were teaching Him, or at least testing His knowledge of the Scriptures. The youthful modesty and grace of Jesus disarmed their prejudices. Unconsciously their minds were opened to the word of God, and the Holy Spirit spoke to their hearts."

Oh that we could be more like Jesus -  Let us earnestly pray for that same type of humility

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Dorine

« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2021, 06:11:21 AM »
  "How is it that ye sought Me?" answered Jesus. "Wist ye not that I must be about My Father's business?" And as they seemed not to understand His words, He pointed upward. On His face was a light at which they wondered. Divinity was flashing through humanity. On finding Him in the temple, they had listened to what was passing between Him and the rabbis, and they were astonished at His questions and answers. His words started a train of thought that would never be forgotten.    

And His question to them had a lesson. "Wist ye not," He said, "that I must be about My Father's business?" Jesus was engaged in the work that He had come into the world to do; but Joseph and Mary had neglected theirs. God had shown them high honor in committing to them His Son. Holy angels had directed the course of Joseph in order to preserve the life of Jesus. But for an entire day they had lost sight of Him whom they should not have forgotten for a moment. And when their anxiety was relieved, they had not censured themselves, but had cast the blame upon Him.

And isn't this the way it is with us today? When we allow our thoughts to leave Jesus we step onto Satan's ground and wonder why life is so hard and so full of anxiety. May the words we read and the lessons we learn from this beautiful book come to life in our hearts and keep us ever mindful of what Jesus has done and is doing in our behalf and never take our eyes off Him for any reason.

Philip T

« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2021, 07:27:37 AM »
  And His question to them had a lesson. "Wist ye not," He said, "that I must be about My Father's business?" Jesus was engaged in the work that He had come into the world to do; but Joseph and Mary had neglected theirs. God had shown them high honor in committing to them His Son. Holy angels had directed the course of Joseph in order to preserve the life of Jesus. But for an entire day they had lost sight of Him whom they should not have forgotten for a moment. And when their anxiety was relieved, they had not censured themselves, but had cast the blame upon Him.
     It was natural for the parents of Jesus to look upon Him as their own child. He was daily with them, His life in many respects was like that of other children, and it was difficult for them to realize that He was the Son of God. They were in danger of failing to appreciate the blessing granted them in the presence of the world's Redeemer. The grief of their separation from Him, and the gentle reproof which His words conveyed, were designed to impress them with the sacredness of their trust.

These paragraphs were a blessing and a powerful warning to me at the same time. What a blessing was the gift of Jesus to the world, what a responsibility was placed in Joseph and Mary's hands. Do we often take Jesus gift of salvation for granted, not stopping to contemplate the price he paid throughout His whole life on earth. Do we often just go on with our lives, not stopping to stop, pray, read God's word, contimplate on Him and listen to His "Still small voice", in our lives.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2021, 09:45:25 AM »
Amen, Brother Richard, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Philip!

How can you live a happy, victorious Christian life filled with all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing? Come commune with Jesus and do not let other temptations pull you away from appreciating His loveliness of character. Then His experience becomes ours, and our life is hid in Him. What a joy to be complete in Christ and have the Holy Spirit transform us from one degree of Christ's character perfection to the next degree of Christ's character perfection! As long as the whole heart is yielded to Him, He abides in us and we in Him and the sinful heart of unbelief, also known as the flesh, is kept under by the divine nature accessible to us in His word by the Holy Spirit!

"If Joseph and Mary had stayed their minds upon God by meditation and prayer, they would have realized the sacredness of their trust, and would not have lost sight of Jesus. By one day's neglect they lost the Saviour; but it cost them three days of anxious search to find Him. So with us; by idle talk, evilspeaking, or neglect of prayer, we may in one day lose the Saviour's presence, and it may take many days of sorrowful search to find Him, and regain the peace that we have lost." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 1}
     "In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us. When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked. This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 2}
     "Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it. Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them. They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 3}
     "It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 4}
     "As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be 'changed into the same image from glory to glory.' 2 Corinthians 3:18." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 5}

Let us experience this and encourage others also in this happy way to be ready for heaven!

Beacon

« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2021, 08:37:14 PM »
"If Joseph and Mary had stayed their minds upon God by meditation and prayer, they would have realized the sacredness of their trust, and would not have lost sight of Jesus."

"By one day's neglect they lost the Saviour; but it cost them three days of anxious search to find Him.

" So with us; by idle talk, evilspeaking, or neglect of prayer, we may in one day lose the Saviour's presence, and it may take many days of sorrowful search to find Him, and regain the peace that we have lost."

"In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us!

"When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels. These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked.

"This is why discouragement so often exists among the professed followers of Christ."

Dear Brother's and Sister's WE MUST!!  "Turn our Eyes Upon Jesus. Look full in His wonderful face...and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the Light of His Glory and Grace.

"Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it."

"Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them. They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence."

It is by beholding Jesus that we become changed----Are"WE" taking the time to"BEHOLD HIM?

Dorine

« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2021, 04:00:26 AM »
"Jesus presented Himself as one thirsting for a knowledge of God. His questions were suggestive of deep truths which had long been obscured, yet which were vital to the salvation of souls. While showing how narrow and superficial was the wisdom of the wise men, every question put before them a divine lesson, and placed truth in a new aspect. The rabbis spoke of the wonderful elevation which the Messiah's coming would bring to the Jewish nation; but Jesus presented the prophecy of Isaiah, and asked them the meaning of those scriptures that point to the suffering and death of the Lamb of God."

When in sharing with others there is a lesson of wisdom we must learn from Jesus. With some individuals truth is presented in ways that cause debate and resistance. With others it causes confusion because they themselves do not have a clear understanding of the truths they should know. Jesus used questions to stimulate the minds of the teachers to help them see how mislead they were in many of their teachings. The bible does not contradict itself and we must let scripture interpret itself. All scripture will be in harmony. We need to be wise as a serpent but harmless as a dove and learn the principals of teaching that Jesus used. And that comes by beholding Him by spending that thoughtful hour each day learning of Him. The Holy Spirit will give us that wisdom that is needed for each situation.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2021, 08:29:51 AM »
We need Jesus continually. Something supernatural takes place when we behold Jesus and fully surrender the heart to Him! He has the power to transform our hearts, giving us zeal and earnestness with the sweet love of Jesus in our hearts by the power of the Holy so we can do God's will in true conversion thus manifest with all of the fruits of the Spirit in the life without one missing as we obey God from a new heart and mind!

"As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be 'changed into the same image from glory to glory.' 2 Corinthians 3:18."  {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 5}

By beholding we become changed, and that is why we need to keep our eyes continually upon Jesus and live by grace through faith as His witnesses! We are to share a living witness of Christ living in us to a world soon to perish but still given mercy to come to repentance in beholding the true character of God!

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2021, 09:49:22 AM »
What a blessing to read your thoughts today!! Today's reading reveals one of the most important concerns that I face each day. And, I believe that all will benefit greatly from what we are being told.

Again, I share that some things are really important to share again and again. I want to quote enough that all may understand the lesson God has for us. It is our nature to forget about God. We do not have to forget about Him. Bad things happen when we let our minds wander away from Jesus. We have no protection against Satan and sin when we do so. Moses took his eyes off of Jesus for a moment and God had to lay him to rest. King Saul let his mind wander away from God and it ended up costing him eternal life. It is a most dangerous thing to allow the mind to wander away from Jesus.

Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it. Often they feel that God has dealt hardly with them. They do not see that the fault is their own. By separating themselves from Jesus, they have shut away the light of His presence.

Again, it is our nature to forget Jesus, but God has provided us with wisdom to change this evil nature. It would indeed be well to spend a thoughtful hour a day studying the character of our Savior. It would also be well to spend some time at noon with Jesus, and then to close the day with Him. And, if we forget to do this, it might be well to stop half way between morning and noon to spend some time with Jesus that we forget Him not. God does not command this, but it would be more than well to do so. As we mature in our Christian walk we will better understand our constant need of Jesus in order to do any good thing. And when we forget about Jesus, we will do things that are not good.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2021, 06:13:22 AM »
Amen brother Richard. Thank you for your comment. In worship last night hubby and I talked about Daniel and his habit of praying morning, noon and night before his open window. We came to the same conclusions as you shared in your post. It's a continual relationship we have with Jesus and each time we take our eyes off of Him we must intentionally bring our thoughts and actions back in line with Jesus asking His forgiveness. It touches the emotions deeply to accept that Jesus blesses abundantly, more than we can imagine, those who give their all to Him continually. As we get closer to the end we will find it necessary to let go more and more of the earthly things that draw our attention and contribute at times to us forgetting Jesus. Our journey is almost over and the path to heaven is getting more narrow all the time. As we let go of things that are making the journey difficult we will finally have only one thing to hang on to; and that's Jesus. All else has been discarded. 

Beacon

« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2022, 08:07:24 PM »
"When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels."

"These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked."

"Many attend religious services, and are refreshed and comforted by the word of God; but through neglect of meditation, watchfulness, and prayer, they lose the blessing, and find themselves more destitute than before they received it."

Dear Brother's and Sister's "WE MUST"  "Turn our Eyes Upon Jesus. Look full in His wonderful face...and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the Light of His Glory and Grace.

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
  In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conquerors we are!
His Word shall not fail you, He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well;
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

Lyrics and Music by Helen Howarth Lemmel (1863-1961)

Dorine

« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2022, 04:47:26 AM »
"As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be "changed into the same image from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18.

Amen. We are to claim this promise every day. Our hearts should thrill at the thought of what this verse is saying. You and I can be just like our saviour. It will be revealed by the fruits of the Spirit. Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance. We will possess each one without one of them missing.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2022, 07:20:21 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Sister Dorine!!

How you relate to God will affect how you relate to others. If you behold the loveliness of Jesus and surrender fully to Him, all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing will be seen in your life, you will gladly obey His law from the heart He renews, and you will be empowered to do His will no matter how trying the circumstances you face! Let us look to Christ in true faith surrender and in turn go forth to bless others!

"As we associate together, we may be a blessing to one another. If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him. We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be 'changed into the same image from glory to glory.' 2 Corinthians 3:18." {The Desire of Ages, page 83, paragraph 5}

The joy of becoming like Christ is so sweet and deep that it leads us to hunger and thirst to know Him more. Since Christ is the infinite Son of God, it is such a blessing to be given an infinite amount of time (eternity) to enjoy and know Him more and more! "And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent" (John 17:3). Let us come in true surrender to Christ to experience this gift of eternal life and by grace through faith be empowered to live this experience of character while sharing the everlasting gospel of His grace in the context of the three angels' messages of Revelation 14! Jesus is coming soon, and He is preparing us for His return! Let us encourage others to be ready, too!

Beacon

« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2022, 08:08:36 PM »
"In our association with one another, we should take heed lest we forget Jesus, and pass along unmindful that He is not with us."

"When we become absorbed in worldly things so that we have no thought for Him in whom our hope of eternal life is centered, we separate ourselves from Jesus and from the heavenly angels."

"These holy beings cannot remain where the Saviour's presence is not desired, and His absence is not marked.

"If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross."

"If we are Christ's, our sweetest thoughts will be of Him.

We shall love to talk of Him; and as we speak to one another of His love, our hearts will be softened by divine influences. Beholding the beauty of His character, we shall be "changed into the same image from glory to glory." 2 Corinthians 3:18.

Let us pause for a moment right here and search "OUR" hearts.....Do " We " Love to talk of Him? Or is it the things of this temporary life that absorb our thoughts and actions? May our prayer be the same as the words of this hymn written by Fanny J. Crosby who inspired many during her 95 yrs of life on earth. 

===================

Jesus, keep me near the cross,
  There a precious fountain,
Free to all—a healing stream,
  Flows from Calv’ry’s mountain.
    In the cross, in the cross,
  Be my glory ever;
From the cross my ransomed soul
    Nothing then shall sever.
Near the cross, a trembling soul,
  Love and mercy found me;
There the Bright and Morning Star
  Sheds its beams around me.
Near the cross! O Lamb of God,
  Bring its scenes before me;
Help me walk from day to day,
  With its shadow o’er me.
Near the cross I’ll watch and wait,
  Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I see my Savior’s face,
  Leave His presence never.

Lyrics:Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915)
Music:William Howard Doane (1832-1915)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2022, 04:54:44 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!

Amen!!!