Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--9--Days of Conflict  (Read 17962 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: The Desire of Ages--9--Days of Conflict
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2023, 09:56:28 PM »
Amen my dear friends!  We remember Jesus recognized He was the lamb slain from the foundation of the Earth. Today we see that that first trip to Jerusalem changed His life.

From the time when the parents of Jesus found Him in the temple, His course of action was a mystery to them. He would not enter into controversy, yet His example was a constant lesson. He seemed as one who was set apart. His hours of happiness were found when alone with nature and with God. Whenever it was His privilege, He turned aside from the scene of His labor, to go into the fields, to meditate in the green valleys, to hold communion with God on the mountainside or amid the trees of the forest. The early morning often found Him in some secluded place, meditating, searching the Scriptures, or in prayer. From these quiet hours He would return to His home to take up His duties again, and to give an example of patient toil.
     The life of Christ was marked with respect and love for His mother. Mary believed in her heart that the holy child born of her was the long-promised Messiah, yet she dared not express her faith. Throughout His life on earth she was a partaker in His sufferings. She witnessed with sorrow the trials brought upon Him in His childhood and youth. By her vindication of what she knew to be right in His conduct, she herself was brought into trying positions. She looked upon the associations of the home, and the mother's tender watchcare over her children, as of vital importance in the formation of character. The sons and daughters of Joseph knew this, and by appealing to her anxiety, they tried to correct the practices of Jesus according to their standard. 

His life was one of suffering....on account of our sins, He suffered in our place. Such love!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2024, 08:22:56 PM »
"The life of Christ was marked with respect and love for His mother."

"Mary believed in her heart that the holy child born of her was the long-promised Messiah, yet she dared not express her faith."

"Throughout His life on earth she was a partaker in His sufferings."

"She witnessed with sorrow the trials brought upon Him in His childhood and youth."

"By her vindication of what she knew to be right in His conduct, she herself was brought into trying positions. She looked upon the associations of the home, and the mother's tender watchcare over her children."

"The sons and daughters of Joseph knew this, and by appealing to her anxiety, they tried to correct the practices of Jesus according to their standard."

Here we see that sometimes well meaning people within our own families or the church, can be used by Satan to try to hinder one of God's Children. Thus it becomes all of us to make sure that whatever our opinion is, it must be based on the Word of God in order to bring about the encouragement for the one we are trying to help. Let pray earnestly for that Devine Connection because each soul is soo precious to Jesus who shed His blood to make our salvation possible.
========================
Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
  Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
  Call for songs of loudest praise.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
  Wand’ring from the face of God;
He, to save my soul from danger,
  Interposed His precious blood.
O to grace how great a debtor
  Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let that grace, Lord, like a fetter,
  Bind my wand’ring heart to Thee.
Teach me, Lord, some rapturous measure,
  Meet for me Thy grace to prove,
While I sing the countless treasure
  Of my God’s unchanging love.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it;
  Prone to leave the God I love:
Take my heart, oh, take and seal it
  With Thy Spirit from above.
Rescued thus from sin and danger,
  Purchased by the Savior’s blood,
May I walk on earth a stranger,
  As a son and heir of God.

Lyrics:Robert Robinson (1735-1790)
Music:John Wyeth (1770-1858)
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2024, 04:14:03 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!!

Happy Sabbath!

Let us follow in Jesus' steps of intense purpose to fulfill the gospel commission to the ends of the earth, remembering that uplifting His loveliness of character attracts and subdues souls to surrender fully to Him who first loved us and gave His life for us. Jesus is our Savior and Example, and we can be so grateful that at each stage of character building, He relied on a plain "it is written" for what to do. Let us go and do likewise!

"Yet through childhood, youth, and manhood, Jesus walked alone. In His purity and His faithfulness, He trod the wine press alone, and of the people there was none with Him. He carried the awful weight of responsibility for the salvation of men. He knew that unless there was a decided change in the principles and purposes of the human race, all would be lost. This was the burden of His soul, and none could appreciate the weight that rested upon Him. Filled with intense purpose, He carried out the design of His life that He Himself should be the light of men." {The Desire of Ages, page 92, paragraph 2}

The light of a cheerful piety, the godliness of deportment, the meek and quiet spirit free from worldly adornment and display, the holy influence in all social situations--may this be our experience as we choose a living union and communion with Jesus. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us, allowing Him to manifest through us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we gladly obey Him and do His will day by day! Jesus is coming soon, and He is longing for more souls to be ready to meet Him when He comes! We can help in this great mission and let His light shine through us by every motive, thought, feeling and choice we make in complete acquiescence to Jesus! May we continually render all glory to God for what He can do to transform us from sinners into saints who delight in His will and yearn continually to be in His presence!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2024, 05:13:37 AM »
"Jesus was the healer of the body as well as of the soul. He was interested in every phase of suffering that came under His notice, and to every sufferer He brought relief, His kind words having a soothing balm. None could say that He had worked a miracle; but virtue--the healing power of love--went out from Him to the sick and distressed. Thus in an unobtrusive way He worked for the people from His very childhood. And this was why, after His public ministry began, so many heard Him gladly."

My heart swells with gratitude when I read of what Jesus endured for me. There doesn't seem to be a moment in His life that He did not have to deal with great difficulties. Yet through it all He had a deep peace and sacrificial love for all because He knew His heavenly Father. Psa 119:11 says, Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Here is a promise for you and me. Let's live like we believe it. We are not Jesus but through full surrender moment by moment to Him we can be just like Him. Incredibly amazing is His love for us.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2024, 06:55:13 AM »
Amen my dear friends!  It was a difficult chapter to read this morning. Jesus did indeed tread the winepress alone. His life was difficult, but it is more blessed to give than to receive, so Jesus was greatly blessed by giving everything He could give. What a God we serve!

Of the bitterness that falls to the lot of humanity, there was no part which Christ did not taste. There were those who tried to cast contempt upon Him because of His birth, and even in His childhood He had to meet their scornful looks and evil whisperings. If He had responded by an impatient word or look, if He had conceded to His brothers by even one wrong act, He would have failed of being a perfect example. Thus He would have failed of carrying out the plan for our redemption. Had He even admitted that there could be an excuse for sin, Satan would have triumphed, and the world would have been lost. This is why the tempter worked to make His life as trying as possible, that He might be led to sin.

Today we can bless our Lord by reflecting His character. Have a blessed Sabbath Day!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.