Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--2--The Chosen People  (Read 17249 times)

Beacon

Re: The Desire of Ages--2--The Chosen People
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2020, 08:45:53 AM »
"While the Jews desired the advent of the Messiah, they had no true conception of His mission. They did not seek redemption from sin, but deliverance from the Romans. They looked for the Messiah to come as a conqueror, to break the oppressor's power, and exalt Israel to universal dominion. Thus the way was prepared for them to reject the Saviour...They had studied the prophecies, but without spiritual insight. Thus they overlooked those scriptures that point to the humiliation of Christ's first advent, and misapplied those that speak of the glory of His second coming. Pride obscured their vision...

They interpreted prophecy in accordance with their selfish desires.
"

Could it be that we also are in the same danger?

God's Word says in Jeremiah 29:13 "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2020, 05:04:18 AM »
There are so many deceptions around us and we need Jesus continually! Only in Him can we find rest and true obedience. At the time Jesus was about to come the first time, this was the experience of so many who desired to obey God:

"With all their minute and burdensome injunctions, it was an impossibility to keep the law. Those who desired to serve God, and who tried to observe the rabbinical precepts, toiled under a heavy burden. They could find no rest from the accusings of a troubled conscience. Thus Satan worked to discourage the people, to lower their conception of the character of God, and to bring the faith of Israel into contempt. He hoped to establish the claim put forth when he rebelled in heaven,--that the requirements of God were unjust, and could not be obeyed. Even Israel, he declared, did not keep the law." {The Desire of Ages, page 29, paragraph 3}

Satan is an accuser. It is possible to obey God as we abide in Jesus who first loved us. He invites us to lay aside the yoke of bondage of human tradition and accept the law of God as it is seen in His life, and which He will live out in us. As we live by faith upon the Son of God, Christ will manifest through us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing! This is the true yoke Christ gives us:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30). Let us yoke up with Jesus as He comes in glory the second time SO SOON!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2020, 05:29:08 AM »
"For more than a thousand years the Jewish people had awaited the Saviour's coming. Upon this event they had rested their brightest hopes. In song and prophecy, in temple rite and household prayer, they had enshrined His name. And yet at His coming they knew Him not. The Beloved of heaven was to them "as a root out of a dry ground;" He had "no form nor comeliness;" and they saw in Him no beauty that they should desire Him. "He came unto His own, and His own received Him not." Isaiah 53:2; John 1:11

How could this happen? Why did they not know Him even though their brightest hopes rested upon this event? It's hard to believe they could be so blind not to recognize the very One they sang about, studied about, prayed about, waited for. Then we read this...

"But the Israelites fixed their hopes upon worldly greatness. From the time of their entrance to the land of Canaan, they departed from the commandments of God, and followed the ways of the heathen. It was in vain that God sent them warning by His prophets. In vain they suffered the chastisement of heathen oppression. Every reformation was followed by deeper apostasy."

Many today are following in their footsteps; looking for worldly praise and honour, willing to disregard the commandments of God. Their preconceived ideas are so ingrained in their minds that they are incapable without the aid of the Holy Spirit to discern right from wrong. May the Lord somehow wake his people up so that we will see revival and reformation in the church. That revival starts with me/you. My/your witness will touch someone else and it will spread until the church is on fire for Christ.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Beacon

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2020, 06:13:10 AM »
"Had Israel been true to God, He could have accomplished His purpose through their honor and exaltation. If they had walked in the ways of obedience, He would have made them 'high above all nations which He hath made, in praise, and in name, and in honor."

'All people of the earth,' said Moses, 'shall see that thou art called by the name of the Lord; and they shall be afraid of thee.'
'The nations which shall hear all these statutes" shall say, 'Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.' Deuteronomy 26:19;  28:10; Deuteronomy 4:6

But because of their unfaithfulness, God's purpose could be wrought out only through continued adversity and humiliation. "

Praise God...He does not give up on us and in His love I believe He allows us to experience adversity and humiliation in it's many and various forms. Why? Because the door of mercy is still open! Yes there is still time to admit...

" I've wandered far away from God, but now I'm coming home."

To all who are reading this post today, I plead with you to join with me in rededicating our lives to Jesus.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2020, 12:39:11 PM »
Amen Brother Beacon!  So it is with us, if we are not obedient (because we do not abide in Christ and He in us) then God will allow or cause adversity in our lives (because He loves us).

Amen Sister Dorine!  We need and will see revival and reformation in our church, God's church. He has promised it. It is up to us to let that revival begin in us.

There are so many deceptions around us and we need Jesus continually! Only in Him can we find rest and true obedience.

"Thus Satan worked to discourage the people, to lower their conception of the character of God, and to bring the faith of Israel into contempt. He hoped to establish the claim put forth when he rebelled in heaven,--that the requirements of God were unjust, and could not be obeyed. Even Israel, he declared, did not keep the law."

Amen Pastor Sean. Satan's attack on the character of God involves our conversion. In the beginning in heaven Satan made  charges against God, that He was requiring the angels to follow His government, when it was not necessary because they could rule themselves. So He attacks God today saying that He requires obedience from us when we cannot keep His laws. Until we learn to abide in Christ continually we shall continue to support Satan's charges against God that we cannot keep His laws.

Today there are two groups in the church, those who teach and believe we do not have to keep the law perfectly and are saved in their sin. The second teaching is that we must keep the law in order to enter heaven, but they to not love the Lord with all their heart, thus they keep the law they believe, for selfish reasons. In fact they are not keeping the law as God requires, from the heart.

By the Babylonish captivity the Israelites were effectually cured of the worship of graven images. During the centuries that followed, they suffered from the oppression of heathen foes, until the conviction became fixed that their prosperity depended upon their obedience to the law of God. But with too many of the people obedience was not prompted by love. The motive was selfish.

Then there is the third group that in fact love God with the whole heart and thus are empowered by the Holy Spirit to manifest all of the fruits of the Spirit and to the degree they understand God's laws, they keep them. How did they come to the point of obeying God? They spent time beholding Him, thus they knew they could trust Him with all they are  and all they have. By beholding His glory (His character) they were changed into the same image (character) by the Holy Spirit. (See 2 Cor. 3:18). It is a promise that will not fail. Our part in our conversion is to spend time daily contemplating the life of Jesus, especially the closing scenes that portray the grace of God more than anything else. We are save by His grace, not by our obedience. The obedience is given to all who become partakers of God's divine nature. (See 2 Peter 1:4).

As I finished that last paragraph, I was reminded there is a fourth group that is growing. The Laodicean does not know he is in a lost condition, he is blind to his spiritual need and thus his spiritual condition. But, this fourth group is not blind to their condition. They know they must keep God's law, and they know they are not. They do not have the power to do so. Like Saul in Romans 7, they do not know how to be converted, or they are unwilling to follow the light given regarding how to be converted. It is the greatest battle ever fought. Giving up self and trusting in God is not an easy thing. It requires time and effort getting to know God. We must drink His blood and eat His flesh if we want to be converted. We must feed upon the Manna which came down from heaven. Man does not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Why? Because the Word is a revelation of the character of our God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us that we might know Him. We will love God when we know of His great love for us.

It would be well to spend a thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ. But, many will not. This is why some reflect the character of God and others do not. Today is the day of salvation! Let today be the day when we decide to set apart time to be with Jesus that we might get to know Him, that we might love Him with the whole heart. Then the heart, thought it be as scarlet will be cleansed as while as snow. Then the world will know there is a God in heaven because we will sanctified in their presence (See Ezekiel 36:22-37).
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2021, 08:33:03 PM »
"..The Israelites fixed their hopes upon worldly greatness.."

"From the time of their entrance to the land of Canaan,they departed from the commandments of God, and followed the ways of the heathen. It was in vain that God sent them warning by His prophets. In vain they suffered the chastisement of heathen oppression.

Every reformation was followed by deeper apostasy.

"Had Israel been true to God, He could have accomplished His purpose through their honor and exaltation. If they had walked in the ways of obedience, He would have made them "high above all nations which He hath made, in praise, and in name, and in honor."
 "All people of the earth," said Moses, "shall see that thou art called by the name of the Lord; and they shall be afraid of thee." "The nations which shall hear all these statutes" shall say, "Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people." Deuteronomy 26:19;  28:10; Deuteronomy 4:6.

But because of their unfaithfulness, God's purpose could be wrought out only through continued adversity and humiliation."

Today You & I have a choice to be like Israel of old or, to be Obedient and bring Honor and Glory to our God. --- Which Will It Be?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2021, 10:29:15 AM »
Amen Brother Beacon. We each can choose to obey or not. As a church we will suffer until we as a people are converted.

But the Israelites fixed their hopes upon worldly greatness. From the time of their entrance to the land of Canaan, they departed from the commandments of God, and followed the ways of the heathen. It was in vain that God sent them warning by His prophets. In vain they suffered the chastisement of heathen oppression. Every reformation was followed by deeper apostasy

We have not learned from the experience of Israel, and are walking in their path following the ways of the world.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Philip T

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2021, 07:12:45 AM »
  After the return from Babylon, much attention was given to religious instruction. All over the country, synagogues were erected, where the law was expounded by the priests and scribes. And schools were established, which, together with the arts and sciences, professed to teach the principles of righteousness. But these agencies became corrupted. During the captivity, many of the people had received heathen ideas and customs, and these were brought into their religious service. In many things they conformed to the practices of idolaters.

We as a people(church), need to guard against this happening in our places of education, lest through them it creeps into the church through the leaders that come out of them. Compromise is never acceptable to God. From the time I left the church in the early 1970's to the time I returned in the early 2010. I was surprised by some of the changes in the church's stance, one was wedding rings being accepted, and other subtle changes. I know love for God is important; however, that is reflected in our obedience to God out of our love for what he has done for us. We need to be on guard to not allow the world to corrupt our love and understanding of God and his word.
Thus the importance for devotional time every morning and evening. 

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2021, 11:21:03 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Brother Richard, and Brother Philip!

May we choose to learn from Israel's experience and choose God's ideal for our lives by beholding His true character, following His word, and surrendering unreservedly to Him in the experience of true conversion whereby all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing, so that He may accomplish His purpose through bringing His people into honor and exaltation rather than adversity and humiliation.

"Had Israel been true to God, He could have accomplished His purpose through their honor and exaltation. If they had walked in the ways of obedience, He would have made them 'high above all nations which He hath made, in praise, and in name, and in honor.' 'All people of the earth,' said Moses, 'shall see that thou art called by the name of the Lord; and they shall be afraid of thee.' 'The nations which shall hear all these statutes' shall say, 'Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.' Deuteronomy 26:19;  28:10; Deuteronomy 4:6. But because of their unfaithfulness, God's purpose could be wrought out only through continued adversity and humiliation." {The Desire of Ages, page 28, paragraph 2} 

We can learn from history, or we will tend to repeat it. May the experience of where those before us fell short of God's ideal not discourage us, but lead us to prayerfully watch for His will through His word and do what He has called us to do by being lights in this dark world that is soon to perish. Oh, what longsuffering love we see in the character of God, but He longs to have us cooperate with Him in His purposes and plans to bless the world with a revelation of His true character!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2021, 08:02:21 PM »
"Had Israel been true to God, He could have accomplished His purpose through their honor and exaltation. If they had walked in the ways of obedience, He would have made them "high above all nations which He hath made, in praise, and in name, and in honor. But because of their unfaithfulness, God's purpose could be wrought out only through continued adversity and humiliation."

Could it be that God's people in the last days will be like the unfaithful of Israel and God's purposes will be wrought out only through continued adversity and humiliation?? God's message to the church of Laodicea, the church of our generation is....

Luke 13:34 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, AND YE WOULD NOT"!

This is a very, very sad commentary of Rejection. Rejection of God's Amazing Grace, Forgiveness, Rejection of that which would have provided For "ALL" their Earthly Challenges and Eternal Provisions. Are we any different today?

Will we hear Jesus say WELL DONE or DEPART FROM ME, I NEVER KNEW YOU??

" Jesus said..I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou were cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked" Revelation 3:15-17)

The Good News is...The Door of Mercy & Forgiveness is still Open at this time but, as we see the unfolding of events in our world today telling us that we are fast nearing the End of Time for planet earth - Let take a personal spiritual inventory and make sure that our relationship with Jesus is what it should be.

Jesus has paid a tremendous price for our redemption. How sad it would be if we continue to reject His Love!! Today if you hear His voice calling you, won't you come home? Time is running out and soon probation's door of opportunity will close.

Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling—
  Calling for you and for me;
Patiently Jesus is waiting and watching—
  Watching for you and for me!

Come home! come home!
  Ye who are weary, come home!
Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling,
    Calling, O sinner, come home!

Dorine

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2021, 06:04:26 AM »
"After the return from Babylon, much attention was given to religious instruction. All over the country, synagogues were erected, where the law was expounded by the priests and scribes. And schools were established, which, together with the arts and sciences, professed to teach the principles of righteousness. But these agencies became corrupted. During the captivity, many of the people had received heathen ideas and customs, and these were brought into their religious service. In many things they conformed to the practices of idolaters."

I am continually amazed at the grace and longsuffering of our God. Have we learned anything from the experiences of God's people of long ago? Don't we see much of the same indifference to God's law today? Idolatry is rampant and hearts are cold and heartless. But it won't always be. Revival and reformation is coming and the closing events will have a glorious end on this earth. But it's not the end for God's people; a forever home in heaven awaits those who have their eyes fixed on Jesus and who have been transformed into God's character.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Philip T

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2021, 08:14:49 AM »
  By the Babylonish captivity the Israelites were effectually cured of the worship of graven images. During the centuries that followed, they suffered from the oppression of heathen foes, until the conviction became fixed that their prosperity depended upon their obedience to the law of God. But with too many of the people obedience was not prompted by love. The motive was selfish. They rendered outward service to God as the means of attaining to national greatness. They did not become the light of the world, but shut themselves away from the world in order to escape temptation to idolatry. In the instruction given through Moses, God had placed restrictions upon their association with idolaters; but this teaching had been misinterpreted. It was intended to prevent them from conforming to the practices of the heathen. But it was used to build up a wall of separation between Israel and all other nations. The Jews looked upon Jerusalem as their heaven, and they were actually jealous lest the Lord should show mercy to the Gentiles.

The love of God was not present in many of the Jewish people, the strived to keep the law for their own purposes, and wanted to keep the truth of God and its blessing to them so they shut themselves in by building walls around themselves and the Gentiles. Do we do the same, keeping the knowledge of enlightenment to ourselves once converted, using excuses to justify our practice, it frightened to step out, I need to learn more. God equips those he chooses, so as his disciples, we need to share Jesus with all around us.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2021, 08:44:30 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon, Sister Dorine, and Brother Philip!

Will we choose to be true to God? If our eyes are kept fixed upon the loveliness of Jesus and we remember how God has led us in our past history and His teaching, we have nothing to fear for the future. Let us not forget what God has done for us, and let us realize that we need Jesus abiding in the heart by an affectionate surrender of the will to Him which encompasses the whole heart and mind, thus supernaturally producing in the soul all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing which is in harmony with God's law of love! When God's love fills the soul, we do not ask for the lowest standard, but seek to walk in faithfulness to the glory and honor of God. 

Had Israel been true to God, He could have accomplished His purpose through their honor and exaltation. If they had walked in the ways of obedience, He would have made them "high above all nations which He hath made, in praise, and in name, and in honor." "All people of the earth," said Moses, "shall see that thou art called by the name of the Lord; and they shall be afraid of thee." "The nations which shall hear all these statutes" shall say, "Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people." Deuteronomy 26:19;  28:10; Deuteronomy 4:6. But because of their unfaithfulness, God's purpose could be wrought out only through continued adversity and humiliation. 

As you choose to surrender to God, remember that no matter how far you have fallen, if you truly repent, confess your sins, and look in simple faith to Jesus as the foot of the cross, Jesus will restore you to His image and complete His plan to sanctify you into His image. The Israelites chose "the hard way" and many of them apostatized from the true faith that acknowledged a continual need of God's grace, but we can choose the yoke of Christ (Matthew 11:28-30) and let Him lead us in the path of revival and reformation by receiving the message to the Laodicean church (Revelation 3:14-22). As we thus apply this counsel by spending a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ, letting each point be imagined and contemplated (especially the closing scenes), Jesus clothes us with His white raiment of righteousness, eye salve of spiritual discernment of our continual need of Him to do any good thing, and gold tried in the fire composed of faith working by love to purify the soul! What a privilege it is to be a witness of Christ!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2021, 01:11:04 PM »
Amen Pastor Sean!  If we take time to study Israel, we would recognize God's hand in all that happened. So it is today. God wants us to be His witnesses, good not evil. But, the church backslid shortly after its organization, and remains in a Laodicean condition. For those who have been mistaught, read in Rev. three what Jesus says. Don't go to others for an interpretation. If you do, there is a good chance you will be taught error.

Brother Beacon asks "Could it be that God's people in the last days will be like the unfaithful of Israel and God's purposes will be wrought out only through continued adversity and humiliation??"  I believe both personally and corporately, God does the same as He did with Israel, it is either exaltation or adversity and humiliation. We get to choose.

After reading today's lesson, I thought about the message of God's love in this chapter, and decided that was no the intent, yet Sister Dorine found it.  Yes, God's mercy is surely extended till there is no more God can do. Let none teach that God has turned His back on modern day "Israel." He has not. If we remember there were a couple of buildings burned to the ground. God loves us and wants to exalt us if we will allow Him to take possession of the heart, the whole heart.

Brother Philip asks if we do the same as Israel did, keeping the truth to ourselves?  Yes, Brother Philip, the Laodicean remains selfish. So, I doubt that many were converted when baptized. They remain alive to self and for selfish reasons do not take time to help lead others to Christ.

"...the Israelites fixed their hopes upon worldly greatness. From the time of their entrance to the land of Canaan, they departed from the commandments of God, and followed the ways of the heathen. It was in vain that God sent them warning by His prophets. In vain they suffered the chastisement of heathen oppression. Every reformation was followed by deeper apostasy." 

You would think we would have learned by now. But, after 2,000 years, man has become more dumb and needs more help. Jesus stands at the door of the heart asking for entrance that He might help. He has not changed, it is humanity that has. It is today as it was just before the great flood when God destroyed every living human except what was in the ark. Today, there are multitudes who shall be saved. They are seeking truth, but we have not been very good at finding them. Let us seek Jesus and ask for wisdom and grace to do His work.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2021, 03:50:55 AM »
We have a lot to do with how our lives turn out. As we learn of Christ and respond to His providential leading, He desires to bless us and fulfill His plans in our lives in the ideal way of blessings us to be a blessing. But if we are unfaithful, God will still fulfill His purpose--but it will come about through adversity and humiliation. May we choose to look to Jesus and live, surrendering the whole heart to Him in affectionate obedience as all of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing as we choose to be in constant union and communion with God. Only in Christ can God's purpose for us be fulfilled. Let us truly abide in Him today!

"Had Israel been true to God, He could have accomplished His purpose through their honor and exaltation. If they had walked in the ways of obedience, He would have made them 'high above all nations which He hath made, in praise, and in name, and in honor.' 'All people of the earth,' said Moses, 'shall see that thou art called by the name of the Lord; and they shall be afraid of thee.' 'The nations which shall hear all these statutes' shall say, 'Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.' Deuteronomy 26:19;  28:10; Deuteronomy 4:6. But because of their unfaithfulness, God's purpose could be wrought out only through continued adversity and humiliation." {The Desire of Ages, page 28, paragraph 2} 

As we look away from our weak, fallen souls and realize we have a divine-human Savior who perfectly navigated the human experience without sin, when we face temptation to be unfaithful, we can rejoice that God knows exactly what we need when we need it, and He will lead us in His perfect will and way. Look to Jesus to be both the author and finisher of the faith experience that you need to abide in Him in true readiness for His return!

Dorine

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2021, 04:37:41 AM »
"At the time of the birth of Christ the nation was chafing under the rule of her foreign masters, and racked with internal strife. The Jews had been permitted to maintain the form of a separate government; but nothing could disguise the fact that they were under the Roman yoke, or reconcile them to the restriction of their power. The Romans claimed the right of appointing and removing the high priest, and the office was often secured by fraud, bribery, and even murder. Thus the priesthood became more and more corrupt. Yet the priests still possessed great power, and they employed it for selfish and mercenary ends. The people were subjected to their merciless demands, and were also heavily taxed by the Romans. This state of affairs caused widespread discontent.Popular outbreaks were frequent. Greed and violence, distrust and spiritual apathy, were eating out the very heart of the nation."

What a sad state of affairs that Jesus was born into. But what a bright light He was to the world right from His infancy. Evil surrounded Him yet He never allowed that to influence His own life or His love for all people. That's why this book is so precious as it expounds in more detail on what the bible says. We too live in a corrupt world and the devil has infiltrated the church to lead souls astray. We are God's ambassadors to follow in the steps of Jesus to show all that what the devil says about God is false and that God's word is truth.

Beacon

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2021, 05:23:06 AM »
" God had chosen Israel. He had called them to preserve among men the knowledge of His law, and of the symbols and prophecies that pointed to the Saviour. He desired them to be as wells of salvation to the world. What Abraham was in the land of his sojourn, what Joseph was in Egypt, and Daniel in the courts of Babylon, the Hebrew people were to be among the nations."

"They were to reveal God to men."

"Had Israel been true to God, He could have accomplished His purpose through their honor and exaltation. If they had walked in the ways of obedience, He would have made them "high above all nations which He hath made, in praise, and in name, and in honor. "

"But because of their unfaithfulness, God's purpose could be wrought out only through continued adversity and humiliation."

In this last paragraph we find the message that Jesus invites us to share. It is a message of GREAT HOPE that millions of people around the world and in our own neighborhoods and churches need to hear. We can not do this in and of ourselves but only as we surrender to Jesus and kneel at the foot of the cross because we cannot give what we do not have.

"The heaviest burden that we bear is the burden of sin. If we were left to bear this burden, it would crush us. But the Sinless One has taken our place. "The Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:6. He has borne the burden of our guilt. He will take the load from our weary shoulders. He will give us rest. The burden of care and sorrow also He will bear. He invites us to cast all our care upon Him; for He carries us upon His heart. "

I invite "You" once again to Accept the Challenge of Faithful Discipleship to the Church & to the World.

Philip T

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2021, 08:28:35 AM »

For more than a thousand years the Jewish people had awaited the Saviour's coming. Upon this event they had rested their brightest hopes. In song and prophecy, in temple rite and household prayer, they had enshrined His name. And yet at His coming they knew Him not. The Beloved of heaven was to them "as a root out of a dry ground;" He had "no form nor comeliness;" and they saw in Him no beauty that they should desire Him. "He came unto His own, and His own received Him not." Isaiah 53:2; John 1:11.
     Yet God had chosen Israel. He had called them to preserve among men the knowledge of His law, and of the symbols and prophecies that pointed to the Saviour. He desired them to be as wells of salvation to the world. What Abraham was in the land of his sojourn, what Joseph was in Egypt, and Daniel in the courts of Babylon, the Hebrew people were to be among the nations. They were to reveal God to men.

These paragraphs serve as a warning to us today, after 1000 years Israel did not recognize Jesus when he came due to misunderstanding of the prophetic promises from the prophets under unction of the Holy Spirit. They were to be spreaders and seed planters of the plan of salvation, ye through there lack of knowledge of Jesus of whom the symbols of prophecy pointed they did not recieve him, as the second advent comes closer and closer are we spending time getting to know them and see Jesus in them so we will be ready accept Him at his second coming. We need to spend time under the unction of the Holy Spirit in study of the prophecies of God seeing Jesus in them.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2021, 10:51:18 PM »
"While the Jews desired the advent of the Messiah, they had no true conception of His mission. They did not seek redemption from sin, but deliverance from the Romans. They looked for the Messiah to come as a conqueror, to break the oppressor's power, and exalt Israel to universal dominion. Thus the way was prepared for them to reject the Saviour...They had studied the prophecies, but without spiritual insight. Thus they overlooked those scriptures that point to the humiliation of Christ's first advent, and misapplied those that speak of the glory of His second coming. Pride obscured their vision...

They interpreted prophecy in accordance with their selfish desires.
"

This was my thought on today's reading. Many think of self and salvation, but do not consider the mission of Jesus which extends past my salvation.

Could it be that we also are in the same danger?

God's Word says in Jeremiah 29:13 "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

Beacon

« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2021, 05:26:37 PM »
"Since Jesus came to dwell with us, we know that God is acquainted with our trials, and sympathizes with our griefs."

"Every son and daughter of Adam may understand that our Creator is the friend of sinners. "

For in every doctrine of grace, every promise of joy, every deed of love, every divine attraction presented in the Saviour's life on earth, we see "God with us."

"Satan represents God's law of love as a law of selfishness. He declares that it is impossible for us to obey its precepts. "

"The fall of our first parents, with all the woe that has resulted, he charges upon the Creator, leading men to look upon God as the author of sin, and suffering, and death."

Jesus was to unveil this deception. As one of us He was to give an example of obedience. For this He took upon Himself our nature, and passed through our experiences. "In all things it behooved Him to be made like unto His brethren." Heb. 2:17. If we had to bear anything which Jesus did not endure, then upon this point Satan would represent the power of God as insufficient for us

Is it not AMAZING!!  How Jesus came willing and paid the penalty for our sinfull rebellion so that we if Willing to confess and forsake our sin may have Eternal Peace, Love and Joy!!

THANK YOU JESUS                                             THANK YOU JESUS                                                                           THANK YOU JESUS