Author Topic: The Desire of Ages--4--Unto You a Saviour  (Read 23278 times)

Dorine

Re: The Desire of Ages--4--Unto You a Saviour
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2022, 06:58:10 AM »
"God declares, "I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground." "Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness." Isaiah 44:3; Psalm 112:4. To those who are seeking for light, and who accept it with gladness, the bright rays from the throne of God will shine.     In the fields where the boy David had led his flock, shepherds were still keeping watch by night. Through the silent hours they talked together of the promised Saviour, and prayed for the coming of the King to David's throne. "And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."     At these words, visions of glory fill the minds of the listening shepherds. The Deliverer has come to Israel! Power, exaltation, triumph, are associated with His coming. But the angel must prepare them to recognize their Saviour in poverty and humiliation. "This shall be a sign unto you," he says; "Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger."

As we wait and watch for the coming of our Savior to this earth once more we have confidence and assurance that Angels attend us as they did the Shepherds that night. There is no entertainment stage that can compare to the glory and majesty, they witnessed and the joy and thrill they felt. God's word is available all over the world but how many take the time to understand the beautiful story of Jesus and what He has done and is doing for everyone who believes and follows Him. May we ever cling to Jesus so the light of His glory never dims and cause others to lose hope and give up.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2022, 07:01:49 AM »
Amen!! What a message we have to take to a world soon to perish! What a wonderful Christmas message we had to share!! How sad that many to whom Jesus came recognized Him not! So it is today. How many understand how our heavenly Father suffered as He risked losing His Son when He came a helpless baby to this dark spot in the universe where Satan claimed dominion.

The story of Bethlehem is an exhaustless theme. In it is hidden "the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God." Romans 11:33. We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the beasts of the stall. Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence. Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension. It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life.
     Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God. He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners. Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss.
     The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. "Herein is love." Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!

Yes, when we share this truth with the world, many will be astonished at such great love!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2022, 11:03:28 AM »
Amen, Remnant family!

Let us trust Jesus continually! He came all the way down to this world to uplift us from sin's ruin and degradation! Only by true conversion can we allow the Holy Spirit to manifest through us all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing!

"The story of Bethlehem is an exhaustless theme. In it is hidden 'the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God.' Romans 11:33. We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the beasts of the stall. Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence. Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension. It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life." {The Desire of Ages, page 48, paragraph 6}

Jesus helps us to walk in His life and abide in His love! Praise the Lord for how God gives us grace to overcome sin by union and communion with Christ!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Beacon

« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2022, 08:08:07 PM »
"It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden."

"But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin."

"Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity."

"What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life."

"The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict."

To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones.

"Herein is love." Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth! "

John 3:16,17. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

God said it and I believe it and that's good enough for me. How about You?
Look up and listen for the shout.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2022, 01:41:57 AM »
Let us never grow weary of repeating the precious present truth of Jesus! As we look upon Christ in His loveliness of character, we are transformed from glory to glory to become like Him in mind and character with all of the fruits of the Spirit in our lives without one missing as we are empowered to affectionately obey God from the new heart He gives us in true conversion! Such an experience will only deepen our walk with God throughout the ceaseless ages of eternity!

"The story of Bethlehem is an exhaustless theme. In it is hidden 'the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God.' Romans 11:33. We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the beasts of the stall. Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence. Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension. It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life." {The Desire of Ages, page 48, paragraph 3}

We are so blessed to be able to realize what Christ has done for us! We can more fully realize the value of His sacrifice and appreciate His loveliness of character the more we commune with Him! Oh, what a friend we have in Jesus who can help us through every time of trial and temptation, and who has a thousand ways to provide for us of which we know nothing! Let us ever keep the service and honor of God supreme so He can make perplexities vanish in showing us a plain path for our feet!
"When we live by faith on the Son of God, the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives; not one will be missing." {The Desire of Ages, 676.4}

Dorine

« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2022, 05:23:56 AM »
"Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God. He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners. Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss."
What consolation to know that Jesus knows and understands the plight of humanity. He knows our weaknesses, trials and temptations because He endured and overcame every temptation known to man. He knows that in our own strength it is impossible for us to fight and overcome evil. Only as we behold Him through His word and meditate upon His life can He change our characters into His and fit us for heaven. The risk that heaven took in sending Jesus to us fills me with awe once again. How can anyone turn away from such a gift?
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2022, 07:30:23 AM »
"God declares, "I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground." "Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness." Isaiah 44:3; Psalm 112:4. To those who are seeking for light, and who accept it with gladness, the bright rays from the throne of God will shine.    

Had the leaders in Israel been true to their trust, they might have shared the joy of heralding the birth of Jesus. But now they are passed by. 

So it is today. Many have not been true to their trust and will be passed by. And, at what cost?

The story of Bethlehem is an exhaustless theme. In it is hidden "the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God." Romans 11:33. We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the beasts of the stall. Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence. Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension. It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life.
     Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God. He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners. Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss.
     The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. "Herein is love." Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth! 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Beacon

« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2022, 08:03:56 PM »
"Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God."

"He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned."

"He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners."

"Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it."

"At the risk of failure and eternal loss."

However,the Bible says....In John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

What greater demonstration of " Divine Love " could the our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have provided?? Do we really comprehend the "Cost of "OUR" Salvation" Jesus Paid It "ALL"

======================

I hear the Savior say,
“Thy strength indeed is small,
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all.”
    Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
  He washed it white as snow.
Lord, now indeed I find
Thy pow’r, and Thine alone,
Can change the leper’s spots,
And melt the heart of stone.
For nothing good have I
Whereby Thy grace to claim—
I’ll wash my garments white
In the blood of Calv’ry’s Lamb.
And when, before the throne,
I stand in Him complete,
“Jesus died my soul to save,”
My lips shall still repeat.

Lyrics:Elvina Mable Reynolds Hall (1822-1889)
Music:John Thomas Grape (1834-1915)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2022, 09:51:24 PM »
No, my dear brother, few comprehend the cost paid for our redemption. What love we see here. Our heavenly Father allowed His innocent Son to come into this wicked world where Satan claimed dominion. Yes, at the risk of loving His Son, He let Him come where Satan rules the wicked and hates Jesus more than anything else. It was not easy for our Father to say yes to His Son when He offered to step in between Adam and death. Three times Jesus sought this before His Father agreed, even though they had entered into a covenant to do so before the foundations of the Earth were laid. This ought to cause us to fall on our face and seek for forgiveness for all we have done that has misrepresented our loving God.

Brother Beacon, I want to thank you for being so very faithful to not only spend a thoughtful hour each day contemplating the life of Jesus, but taking time to post your blessings each and every day. It is not easy. While I have my devotions daily, if I do not get up very early, 3 to 4am, I am out of the house just after my devotions without posting my blessings received. Our afternoons have been 100 plus. The early mornings as the sun rises are so very beautiful and I am out to enjoy working in it. We are all so very busy, but you make time to share what the Spirit has opened to your mind every day. As I shared in my previous post, it thrills my heart to read what you have discerned. Oh, that our people would all take time to behold Jesus and then be changed into His image (2 Cor. 3:18

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2022, 03:54:43 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Richard! I am so thankful that the Lord helped me to post again on this encouraging present-truth forum, for all the things of this earth are nothingness and rubbish in comparison to Jesus!

What if we realized the true value of eternal things over the temporal, and by beholding Christ became changed into His lovely image? Day by day we can contemplate more fully the loveliness of Jesus and become like Him in mind and character! A full-heart surrender to Christ will produce in the converted soul all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing as we are empowered to affectionately obey God from the new heart and new mind He gives us in His love!

"The story of Bethlehem is an exhaustless theme. In it is hidden 'the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God.' Romans 11:33. We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the beasts of the stall. Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence. Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension. It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden. But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors. He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life." {The Desire of Ages, page 48, paragraph 6}

No temptation is too great for Jesus to help us navigate without yielding to the power of evil. As we abide in Him, He will direct our steps in unselfish service! May God bless you today in being a blessing to others by letting Jesus live and work out His plan through you!

Dorine

« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2022, 04:57:52 AM »
"Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God. He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners. Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss.
     The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. "Herein is love." Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!"

Thank you Jesus for accepting this tremendous risk for us. Our finite minds cannot comprehend the scope of your sacrifice that coming to this earth made but by faith we believe it. Please give us the power to live every day in acts of mercy with all the fruits of the Spirit revealed and we will give you all the praise and glory that belongs only to you. Amen.

Beacon

« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2022, 08:54:33 PM »
"We marvel at the Saviour's sacrifice in exchanging the throne of heaven for the manger, and the companionship of adoring angels for the beasts of the stall."

"Human pride and self-sufficiency stand rebuked in His presence. "

"Yet this was but the beginning of His wonderful condescension."

"It would have been an almost infinite humiliation for the Son of God to take man's nature, even when Adam stood in his innocence in Eden."

"But Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin."

"Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity."

"What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors."

"He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life."

Jesus left all the Comfort and Glory of Heaven to come this earth so that we may have an opportunity to respond in a positive manner to His great plan of salvation. Are we willing to say " THANK YOU JESUS " Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to Thee?

=========================

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Lyrics:Frances Ridley Havergal (1836-1879)
Music:Henri Abraham Cesar Malan (1787-1864)

Philip T

« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2022, 07:46:18 AM »

Oh the boundless love of God, to give up so much for mankind, that we could be a  part of the family of God, have eternal life through his sacrifice for us.

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2022, 04:01:33 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon and Brother Philip!!

Happy Sabbath to you all! Let us rejoice in the Lord always as we grow in His grace and appreciate all He has done to save us from sin! From the manger to Calvary Jesus fought the battle and He WON!! We get to enjoy His victory by coming into harmony with Him by grace through faith! 

"Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God. He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners. Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity. He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss." {The Desire of Ages, page 49, paragraph 1} 

Because Jesus fought the battle in humanity and won by relying always on the word of God, we, too, can experience His victory and be with Him forever! Satan is defeated and we need to depend on the Father's love in every moment to help us do the right thing from the new heart given us in conversion! All of the fruits of the Spirit will be seen in our lives without one missing as long as we are abiding in Christ!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2022, 06:22:19 AM »
When God asked Abraham to sacrifice His son, there was never a closer test brought to man, except for One. When I first read it, I did not understand why God would ask a father to kill his son. When He revealed to me why, it was the most beautiful truth I had ever known. God stopped Abraham from sacrificing his son, but God would not stop from sacrificing His Son. The pain that Abraham felt as he began to bring the knife down was but a little view of the pain in our heavenly Father's heart when watching His innocent Son suffer when coming to this one dark spot in the universe. The pain that God felt was not for a moment, but from eternity past when He understood that the day would come when He risked losing His Son for eternity.

Those Words found in Genesis, are no longer the most beautiful words I have ever read. In today's reading we find that truth opened up to a greater view of just how much God suffered until He heard those last Words of Jesus "It is finished." What are these most beautiful Words that reveal how much our heavenly Father suffered, and thus how much He loves us? Here they are. They reveal the great risk God took:

Yes, wonder O heavens and be astonished O earth!!  Herein is the love that transforms sinners into saints. It is love that we do not deserve. It is the grace whereby we are saved. It would be well to contemplate what we see here on a daily basis that we forget not how much God loves us. As we want to protect our dear one, so did our heavenly Father want to shield His Son from the evil in this world, but He did not. Jesus fought the battle as each of us must fight it. He could have sinned, but He did not. It is was the knowledge of His Father's character that carried Him through the greatest test ever to come to man and God. He trusted in His Father. So it is with us. We may have the same success as did Jesus if we will learn of Them who love us ever so much.

Amid the awful darkness, apparently forsaken of God, Christ had drained the last dregs in the cup of human woe. In those dreadful hours He had relied upon the evidence of His Father’s acceptance heretofore given Him. He was acquainted with the character of His Father; He understood His justice, His mercy, and His great love. By faith He rested in Him whom it had ever been His joy to obey. And as in submission He committed Himself to God, the sense of the loss of His Father’s favor was withdrawn. By faith, Christ was victor.  DA 756.

Dorine

« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2022, 06:30:14 AM »
"Heaven and earth are no wider apart today than when shepherds listened to the angels' song. Humanity is still as much the object of heaven's solicitude as when common men of common occupations met angels at noonday, and talked with the heavenly messengers in the vineyards and the fields. To us in the common walks of life, heaven may be very near. Angels from the courts above will attend the steps of those who come and go at God's command."

Amen. 

Beacon

« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2022, 08:30:55 PM »
"Jesus accepted humanity when the race had been weakened by four thousand years of sin. Like every child of Adam He accepted the results of the working of the great law of heredity. What these results were is shown in the history of His earthly ancestors."

"He came with such a heredity to share our sorrows and temptations, and to give us the example of a sinless life."

"Satan in heaven had hated Christ for His position in the courts of God."

"He hated Him the more when he himself was dethroned. He hated Him who pledged Himself to redeem a race of sinners."

"Yet into the world where Satan claimed dominion God permitted His Son to come, a helpless babe, subject to the weakness of humanity".

He permitted Him to meet life's peril in common with every human soul, to fight the battle as every child of humanity must fight it, at the risk of failure and eternal loss.

Have you ever stopped to think about what is was like for the Father & Son when they had Their last talked together before Jesus left heaven to be born into a horrible sin sick world so that " WE" might have a way open to us to spend eternity with Him and all Their other unfallen worlds forever!! ?

=========================
Jesus is all the world to me:
  My life, my joy, my all.
He is my strength from day to day;
  Without Him I would fall.
When I am sad, to Him I go;
No other one can cheer me so.
When I am sad, He makes me glad;
  He’s my Friend.
Jesus is all the world to me,
  My Friend in trials sore.
I go to Him for blessings, and
  He gives them o’er and o’er.
He sends the sunshine and the rain;
He sends the harvest’s golden grain:
Sunshine and rain, harvest of grain—
  He’s my Friend.
  And true to Him I’ll be.
Oh, how could I this Friend deny
  When He’s so true to me?
Following Him I know I’m right;
He watches o’er me day and night.
Following Him by day and night,
  He’s my Friend.
  I want no better friend.
I trust Him now; I’ll trust Him when
  Life’s fleeting days shall end.
Beautiful life with such a Friend;
Beautiful life that has no end!
Eternal life, eternal joy,
  He’s my Friend.

Lyrics & Music : Will Lamartine Thompson (1847-1909)

Pastor Sean Brizendine

• Following the Lamb
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2022, 04:27:07 AM »
Amen, Brother Beacon!! I sense that the Father and the Son had one long, clinging embrace before His Son came to be incarnate. Oh, what a reunion that was after Christ ascended to heaven to have the Father put His arms around His Son after all Jesus had endured in this earth! What love they have for us that They would be willing to go through all they did to save us!

How would you like to hear a story that never grows old, that always has new depths of love to reveal as it is repeated and studied, and helps us better appreciate God's unselfish, infinitely good character? Well, thankfully, we need look no farther than the amazing gift offered us in Bethlehem when Jesus was born!

Christ offers us His character experience by grace through faith--and that will reveal all of the fruits of the Spirit without one missing in true obedience to God's law of love! The more we contemplate God's love for us in Christ, the more we become like Him who loved us and gave Himself for us! Rejoice in the Lord, always!!

Dorine

« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2022, 05:14:27 AM »
"The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. "Herein is love." Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!"

Words seem so empty when trying to describe this kind of love.  As we meditate upon the life of Jesus we stand in absolute awe and gratitude for the amazing gift heaven gave in order to give us a second chance.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2022, 05:58:39 AM »
Amen my dear brothers and sister!  My heart thrills as I read your response to this most wonderful truth. God loves us so very much that He let His innocent Son come to this dark spot in the universe a helpless babe subject to the weakness of His fallen nature to fight the battle of life as we must fight it at the risk of losing Him for eternity. This is the greatest revelation of God's grace that transforms sinners into saints.

Never have a heard anything greater than this truth. This is the grace that saves. It was not easy for God to allow His Son to come to this dark spot in the universe where Satan claimed dominion. He hated Jesus so very much. When Adam sinned, the Father and His Son had agreed before the foundation of the Earth was laid, that Jesus would take upon Himself the punishment due to every human who would ever live. It would be a risk because Jesus could have sinned, and thus He would be eternally separated from His Father. When Jesus went to His Father to put into action the everlasting covenant whereby His heel would be bruised, our heavenly Father did not at first agree. It was the third time that His and our Father agreed. Such love!!!

It would be well to consider this love (grace, that we do not deserve) each and every day. For it is by His stripes that we are healed (transformed). "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Cor. 3:18.